Sign in to follow this  
BisQuickDoc

I'm taking Gatsby to vet tomarrow(Talked To VET again!!!)

quote:

So do they break up the bone with shockwave and is there a recovery period for the sore back muscles before you can ride?

were still in the process of talking back and forth with the vet, the one vet that works out there is also a trainer and she sayd for you to buy a new saddle because with his build he probly does need a narrow(she was very helpful) the vet who did the whole procedure and was there when i took gatsby was out on a run but should be in. And he wanted tog go over everything with us [big Grin] mom did ask about recovery, i dont care its its a week or a year, all i know is i get my Gats back [Yay]

I just wanted to say I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!! [Jump][Jump] I have been following your thread about Gatsby and I am so excited to hear is going to be o.k. and gets to come home soon!!!!!!!! [Yay][Yay]

As for your trainer... [Mad] I wont go there....lol [big Grin]

Thats great that they found out. So they said 100% sure that was causing all of his problems? Who would have known!? Thats great though! And I agree, Fire that "trainer"! I had one of those and once I finally left, my horse was so much healthier and happier, and so was I!

ok talked to the vet again! and i got a little more explaination!!! the undeveloped bone is on one stide of the stifle not both sides(just clearing that up) and because the bone did develop on that side it made that stifle much weaker! it was actually to the point that if gatsby would of continued racing or extreme work out(major jumping or eventing) he could of actaully broken the undeveloped bone therefore leading to major problems!! [Eek!] BUT because we caught it now they can shock wave it and that should help the bone fuse and heal! And hen he can continue on in any wonderful disipline i wish, which will be dressage, duh!!! [Razz] The only thing that concerns me is he'll need 5 sessions of shock wave, its $100 dollars a session! [Eek!]

ok so now I paid $800 for the radioactive body scan, $100 to keep him therer, $270 for sedation, and $500 for the 5 sessions of shock wave. Grand total = $1670 spent in vet bills on a $1800 horse! [Duh]

he better be able to do piaffes, passages, and tempi changes [Mad][Razz]

Yes, I think he is worth it. Just think if you had paid that much for him and then had these bills on top of that.

You bought an $1800 sound horse as far as anyone knew. You could easily have bought a $4000.00 horse with the same problem. Who could have known? Most folks are not going to pay for a pre-purchase body scan.

Thats great that he'll be fine!

My friend's horse suffered a kick, resulting in 2 hairline breaks across his gaskin area. They ran a radioactive scan, then did some shockwave treatments, and within 4 months of the original injury he was back in full work, as a BN/N level eventer, and has been fine all season with no more issues from that leg, and all his treatment was done @ Fox Run...

You and Gats will be back to normal in no time!

quote:

They ran a radioactive scan, then did some shockwave treatments, and within 4 months of the original injury he was back in full work, as a BN/N level eventer, and has been fine all season with no more issues from that leg, and all his treatment was done @ Fox Run...

whoo hoo!!! [Yay][Yay]

very true Remmie [Wink]