Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

The General Chit Chat thread for the Dressage Board Posters

Since I know some of you don't venture too far out of the Dressage forum, and on occasion want advice from the people here, but it's not dressage related, I'm going to create this thread as a general post for anything and everything for the members of the board. This way I don't have to delete or move threads around that aren't dressage related. So please just post here if it's not specifically dressage related, or if you just want to chat, instead of creating a new topic [smiley Wavey] I'm going to go ahead and copy and paste some non-dressage related threads in here and delete them, with the exception of BQD's thread on Gatsby since it's so large now [Wink]

Edit for perhaps a clearer explanation. Anything non dressage related can go here, as I'm trying to keep the rest of the dressage board, dressage related. If you have a thread deleted, and it wasn't because it was getting out of hand, check here first or check to see if it was moved to a more appropriate forum, I'll always PM to let you know what happened to the thread unless it got lost beyond my knowledge or the Admin deleted it. [Wink] HTTY

[ 09-17-2005, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Deequeue's Sept. 15 Thread

This is topic Sept. 15 in forum Dressage at HorseCity.com's Bulletin Board.

To visit this topic, use this URL:

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c;f=15;t=002894

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by deequeue (Member # 12511) on 09-14-2005, 02:13 PM:

Is there some cosmic convergence or something going on that tomorrow the 15th is THE day for monumental animal-health things happening? just wondering...

To wit:

-my maybe new horse gets ultrasounded

-BQD's Gatsby gets scanned

-a barnmate's dog is getting tested for bladder cancer (a toy poodle, her only real "family" other than her 2 dressage horses)

HUH?

or is it just me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by BisQuickDoc (Member # 13962) on 09-14-2005, 02:23 PM:

lol, another horse is also getting a full body scan tomarrow at the equine hospital so you have to add that to you list

quote:

my maybe new horse gets ultrasounded

Good Luck with that tomarrow!!

Posted by Santas_Girl (Member # 6002) on 09-14-2005, 02:24 PM:

hmmm. I don't know. The 15th is a good day here...it's my hubby's birthday.

I have nothing but kind thoughts and prayers for everyone who may be dealing with challenging things tomorrow.

Posted by Remmie (Member # 21662) on 09-14-2005, 03:13 PM:

All of it happens every day. That's what keeps the vets in business.

I have several friends whose horses had serious surgeries this week and some horse and doggy deaths. The cycle of life is happening every day. Sometimes it just hits a little closer to our circle than other times.

Posted by deequeue (Member # 12511) on 09-14-2005, 04:43 PM:

quote:

Originally posted by Remmie:

All of it happens every day. That's what keeps the vets in business.

I have several friends whose horses had serious surgeries this week and some horse and doggy deaths. The cycle of life is happening every day. Sometimes it just hits a little closer to our circle than other times.

So true ...but I honestly can't remember a day where there was this much stuff going on all at once within my own very narrow sphere of influence.

Posted by Beckham03 (Member # 25453) on 09-14-2005, 09:09 PM:

Wow, didn't think of it until now, but my horses have a vet appointment for vacs and teeth and my mom's horses have an appointment with the chiropractor. Lots of practitioners makin money tomorrow!

[ 09-14-2005, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Soster's I'm Baaack Thread

This is topic I'm baaack! in forum Dressage at HorseCity.com's Bulletin Board.

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c;f=15;t=002878

Posted by soster (Member # 25570) on 09-12-2005, 05:15 PM:

Went to Alaska for a week and a half - first vacation in 5 yrs. It was really, really, good and I don't feel so crispy and burnt anymore. Ahhhhh

Rode Sera for the first time in 2 weeks last night...she was really good - a little stiff to the right but that tends to be her "hard" side so who can blame her after a nice long vacation? She seemed really happy to be back at work and I think she may even have missed me!

She gets all day pasture turn-out so don't feel too bad for her! (grin)

There is a Jennifer Baumert clinic coming in Oct. Yikes it's so expensive to ride! I'll ride at least once and will try to scrape up enough moola for a 2nd ride since she's here for 3 days.

I signed up for Debbie Rhiel-Rodriguez clinics this winter too...

so I'm all set for my riding this fall and winter! My trainer thought we'd be ready for 1st level by the end of this summer...so we'll keep pushing towards a solid First Level horse and maybe begin some 2nd level movements? We'll just have to see how everything goes.

Anyway - not really a thread of any importance - just me babbling...

Posted by BisQuickDoc (Member # 13962) on 09-12-2005, 05:19 PM:

Alaska?? how awsome!!! our neighboors went on a curise there and they said it was so beautiful!!

Glad you had a nice ride!

Posted by Boocoo (Member # 1098) on 09-12-2005, 08:15 PM:

Welcome back. Glad you had a great vacation and got to ride your horse!

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-14-2005, 12:04 PM:

So where in Alaska were you? I live in the South Central area, just north of Anchorage when I'm not in WA for school Good luck with your clinics! There's a clinic coming up soon here, I'm still debating whether I can afford to do it or not. I know Inky and I definately need it though

Posted by soster (Member # 25570) on 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM:

My girlfriend is in Fairbanks so we flew in there and then drove down to Seward...we stopped at the Moose's Tooth for good pizza and microbrews and I think that is in Anchorage?? There was also a really fun brewry in Anchorage - The Great Alaska something or other..I forget all the town names and restaurant names...we stayed in Wasilla one night - I think that is outside of Anchorage.

It was a really nice vacation - the scenery reminded me a lot of CO only much greener and MUCH less populated! It was strange to not see all the hay fields we have out here...hay must be really expensive out there? Do you have to get it shipped in from Canada? Or do you have enough land to grow your own? I didn't see any horse set ups...but my friend told me they are out there, we must've not been in one of those areas. You know how all us horse people tend to congregate in a locality!

I hope you scrape up the funds for your clinic! They are so much fun and so informative...luckily the next clinic I'm attending is close to my birthday...guess what I'm asking for!

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-14-2005, 01:35 PM:

quote:

Originally posted by soster:

My girlfriend is in Fairbanks so we flew in there and then drove down to Seward...we stopped at the Moose's Tooth for good pizza and microbrews and I think that is in Anchorage?? There was also a really fun brewry in Anchorage - The Great Alaska something or other..I forget all the town names and restaurant names...we stayed in Wasilla one night - I think that is outside of Anchorage.

It was a really nice vacation - the scenery reminded me a lot of CO only much greener and MUCH less populated! It was strange to not see all the hay fields we have out here...hay must be really expensive out there? Do you have to get it shipped in from Canada? Or do you have enough land to grow your own? I didn't see any horse set ups...but my friend told me they are out there, we must've not been in one of those areas. You know how all us horse people tend to congregate in a locality!

I hope you scrape up the funds for your clinic! They are so much fun and so informative...luckily the next clinic I'm attending is close to my birthday...guess what I'm asking for!

Wasilla is about 45 minutes north of Anchorage, I live right in between those two cities. Are you thinking of the Glacier Brewhouse? That's the brewhouse I can think off the top of my head in Anchorage, though there's more. Did you guys take a carriage ride? My friend is one of the drivers for the Horse Drawn Carriage Co. in Anchorage lol. Most of the fields are in the Palmer area, which is nearby Wasilla, that's where it seems most of the horsey population is. Most of our hay is shipped, which is why boarding is so expensive there. Moose's Tooth has some great pizza don't they We go down to Seward every summer to fish as well. Did you guys see the Sea Life Center? Too bad my birthday doesn't land near this clinic

Posted by soster (Member # 25570) on 09-14-2005, 05:37 PM:

Yes it was the Glacier brewhouse! We did go to SeaLife Center...my friend's boyfriend caught a nice, fresh salmon before we got there so we had a yummy dinner of FRESH salmon! It was a really great trip.

There was a guy right outside of the Glacier pub with a "new" team of horses but the horses were I wanna say 12 or 13 yrs old..Percherons I think? He was 50ish? Tall and thin? We did talk to him but my lord, my brain is turning to mush already, so I don't remember his name or the horses names. He said he lived in a town and my girlfriend said the town was about 40 min away...so maybe it was your friend! We didn't take a ride tho'....

Maybe you need to ask for an EARLY Christmas present! hee hee!

Oh, and I loved it that it didn't get dark until way late. Here it's getting dark around 7:30pm...and then when daylight savings hits...sigh...bye bye regular riding during the week!

Oh - and I love your new pony - he looks really fun tho' jumping out of his stall would have turned my hair WHITE!!! Sheesh! Glad he's settling in so well in the pasture!

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-14-2005, 08:34 PM:

That would be Jon then, he's the owner of the Horse Drawn Carriage Co. they are located in the Chugiak/N. Birchwood area. My friend however, was not him, she's about 4'10 lol Sounds like you guys had a good time Thanks about the pony, I just won a bridle on Ebay, so when that gets in I'll be able to start working him u/s.

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-14-2005, 08:35 PM:

Oh and yes they're Percherons, it could've been Bob, Moose, Pete, Bob, Bill, I don't remember the rest of the names. They have about 6-8 total I believe.

Well my horse went to the Vet. today for his health cert. to get ready to move on Sat. He had also kicked at his new neighbor and has a nasty, squishy bump on the front of his right, rear let. I had been wrapping it with ice tight and saran wrap, it's getting smaller, but still rather large. The vet. suggested I wrap with DMSO and saran wrap. I did that when I got him back to the barn. He is not lame, but it is a tad bit tender. I told him that ought to teach him to kick! [Razz]

Ouch Boocoo! At least you get to kill two birds with one stone instead of making two different trips out to the vet right? I'm a little worried about Inky now, his nose has gotten runny, but it has no smell, it's a clear and thin fluid that drips, no swelling around the eye, all his vitals are normal, and he has normal bowel and gut sounds. Same overall health and level of energy [Confused] So I may be making a vet call myself soon [Razz] So when do you move again?

My Thread on Buster

This is topic Pictures of the new Dressage Pony and Updates in forum Dressage at HorseCity.com's Bulletin Board.

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c;f=15;t=002882

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-13-2005, 05:48 PM:

For those who wanted updates, the barn owner had space left in the pasture board (last spot!) so he came home on Sunday. I was going to put him in a box stall for quaratine, though he vetted out fine and received all vaccs and wormer before he came over. He was a little anxious, so I handwalked him all around so he could check things out. While we did that, we had a little refresher lesson on ground manners and how to not pull. I went ahead and put him in the box stall, and he immediately began eating, so I took off his halter and waited outside. He soon realized there were no other horses in the stall with him and flipped out. That 13.2 hh pony LEAPED out of the stall, catching his back legs along the way. Luckily he was fine, even though I think he stripped me of a good five years from my life. I opted against the box stall, and immediately put him in the pasture board, where he seems to be doing just dandy.

Yesterday I brought him in to tie, with plans to give him a good grooming session...and discovered he did not tie well. So I brought him out to the outdoor arena where it's a bigger area and has less distractions, and we had a lesson on standing still.

Today, we did the grooming session, and I neatened his mane up a bit. He did excellent in standing still, seems to be a quick study! I haven't ridden yet as I'm waiting on a pony sized bridle. I tried to lunge to see how much he knew on that. I think he was taught previously, and just needs a couple refresher courses. The first couple of times around, he tried to go straight for the gate or the grass, but sorta figured out how to go in a circle, so I brought him into the roundpen to have a course on lunging.

The roundpenning was going fine, until a horse came out and Mr. Short Attention Span lost all focus from there. From that point on, all he did was pace up and down looking at the horse. Wasn't even paying attention to where he was going and kept bonking the side of his head against the posts So I got a couple good circles out of him and called it quits on a good note. Here are some pictures of the little guy, what do you guys think? He's got a nice trot on him when he isn't doing the ninety mile per hour trot that only ponies seem to have, but his canter will need to have some work on. Tips and ideas anyone?

Okay first off, before and after of his mane and tail:

Before:

After:

More coming

[ 09-13-2005, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM:

Lunging, yes the line is tight, he was heading for the corner lol

[ 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM:

Round pen:

All done!

[ 09-13-2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Posted by fancypants17 (Member # 28790) on 09-13-2005, 06:23 PM:

He is a cutie!! i wuff him! what breed is he? He remind me of this mustang at my barn! i will try to post a pic of him so you can see the resemblance.

Posted by flight w/o wings (Member # 16914) on 09-13-2005, 06:27 PM:

Inky,

Congrats! He is sure a cutey.

If you don't mind me nosing in... Start the saddling off real gentle and slow. Given the white marks caused by a VERY ill fitting saddle he will probably be anticipating pain and discomfort.

I can't wait to read the progress you two make !

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM:

I definately plan on it Flight, for those scars to be that big, you know that he had to deal with a horrible fitting saddle for some time Thanks! And no I don't mind you nosing in one bit, nose in all you want, I can use all the help I can get

Posted by BisQuickDoc (Member # 13962) on 09-13-2005, 06:57 PM:

Very Cute inky!!

Posted by lightness (Member # 30120) on 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM:

He almost looks like a small standardbred. With that fairly long back he'll probably be very flexible.

Posted by silverleprichuan (Member # 20541) on 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM:

He looks like he has potential. I think that several months down the road when he is listening to you well and is more comfortable that he could benefit from light chambone work. In the pictures he seemed to have the upright neck hollow back syndrome, then again it could just be the pics and he is in a new home. I don't think you have to do to have a nice moving pony but I do think that it would really help. He's a cute pony with a sweet expression, good luck with him and keep us posted.

Posted by Boocoo (Member # 1098) on 09-13-2005, 10:36 PM:

He shows a lot of potential Inky. I agree on taking it slow and easy with him. You will have a real nice horse on your hands with a lot of time and patience and TLC. Congrats again!

Posted by Beckham03 (Member # 25453) on 09-14-2005, 10:03 AM:

Wow! He is really cute! Have fun with him!

Posted by Horsecrazyme (Member # 16352) on 09-14-2005, 10:33 AM:

Lightness-

Yah, he really does look like a standardbred. Inky, I love his long stride! I wish my boy moved like that all the time! keep us updated

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 09-14-2005, 10:28 PM:

Silver, for the most part he does have that hollowed back type trot. He also has that 90 mph trot, been a long time since I've had to sit one of those! I'll probably do some light lunging in sidereins but before we do any side rein work or anything, he has to learn how to lunge first I just won a bridle off of eBay for him, so once that comes in (about a month, it's coming from Scotland) I'll be able to see how much he knows under saddle. I'll admit it, I went for the "bling bling" for this guy and his bridle, couldn't resist as I know he'll look cute in it lol. Inky has the same exact bridle in all black, so I know it's functional on top of being err, a little on the decorative side? lol It comes with two browbands, one with baby blue padding and the other with baby blue crystals. So now after that comes in, I just have to get a girth that'll fit him and we'll be set tackwise! I'm going to take advantage of the 28 day shipping to see how he handles having the saddle put on and cinched up.

-

-

-

-

[ 09-14-2005, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

And Boocoo's last response to my Buster thread before I deleted it lol:

quote:

Posted by Boocoo (Member # 1098) on 09-14-2005, 11:27 PM:

How did you win a bridle on E bay? Do you mean you won the auction, or won a contest? I want one like that! It would look awesome on my horse!

Thanks for the concerns about my horse's leg. It was a tad bit warm and the Vet. asked me if the cut came first, yes it did, and then did the bump come a day or two later. Yes it did. He said the cut got a bit of infection in it and caused it to swell. He said it will go down and is not infected now. I thought, wow, quick infection, maybe cause I clean it out daily and doctor it and I was wrapping it, still am. I was hesitant to put the DMSO on it at first, but since he saw it and suggested it, that is the first thing I did when I got back to the barn. But I did not saran wrap it. Just cotton wrap and standing bandage. He still has to work though, no rest for the weary.

Inky, we leave Sat. a.m. I will check out my PM. I love that bridle. [big Grin]

We are a social bunch, are we not? [Wink] Thanks Inky, hopefully we can keep our chattier posts in this one location.

Michele--sorry about your horse...DMSO is a wonder drug, IMHO. Hopefully it'll take care of it. Sounds like you're doing all the right things. And safe travels on Sat.! I'll be thinking boutcha. [big Grin]

Thank you Deequeue, I went to the barn today and un wrapped it and yes, DMSO is a wonder drug. The swelling went way down and I re-wrapped it with it again. He is not lame, it is just a big bump, I think more from impact than infection. That cut never did get infected. I was on top if it from the get go. This was not my regular Vet. either, as my regular Vet. is in the middle of moving clinics, so I had to go to a different Vet. He was ok, but just not my regular vet, ya know? [Confused]

I kinda get this thread, so I have to vent a little about what a CRUDDY day 9/15 turned out to be:

I pulled into the barn for my vet appointment and saw one of the horses down in the field; he was sweaty dirty. I parked my car, ran to change my shoes and go get he and the other horse. He was up and they were both at the gate. Then he went down again. I went running to the house to get my instructor and brought him to the yard and hosed him and began walking him; the vet was do there any minute. He was VERY painful, his gums were white, and we could barely keep him up. Long story short, he needed to be rushed to OSU and is still in surgery. Apparently there was a tumor in his intestines that caused this very sudden and painful onset. At this point they have removed 10 feet of intestines and he has lost a lot of blood.

So we get him off and I stay behind for my vet appointment, to cancel lessons, feed, etc. A friend's horse is having eye issues and I had to deliver news from the vet...another trying situation. My horses' stuff went fine. I finally finish getting all of the horses in, fed, the stall cleaner finished up and I wanted to brush my horses then leave. I get one done and hear something and realize that there is a horse cast in his stall and I couldn't get him up on my own. I call 5 numbers before I get help. By the time they get there I get him up...finish my other horse and get home at 9:30! I am exhausted.

Please send happy thoughts to my two horsie friends who are both struggling for their health this evening. [Angel]

BQD and Deeque better have some good news to cheer me up! [big Grin]

I personally think they've over-done "general chitchat" on horsecity- just an observation. I question the necessity of having three such "generalised" forums. Never mind the fact there are a kid's forum AND a kids' category of forums, yet people still whisper frightenedly "watch out.. thar be kids aboot!"

Meh. If you want me to babysit, you'll have to pay me, because I don't much like children, Lol.

Well Im kind of new; kind of being the opitmum word lol. Im using a different name - thats all Im saying [Razz]

My 5yo is working 1st level and will hopefully make his debut in the dressage arena this winter. He is my future GP baby, so cross your fingers for us lol.

Life is insanely busy here - going to college, working and having to ride at the end of the day is HARD! Ack!

Happy Friday! Hopefully this morning (very dismal dreary rainy in this part of the world) finds some rays of sunshine and hope for the sick and ailing horses of this board.

Beckham, what a day you had yesterday! Let's hope today is MUCH, MUCH better and all your horsey friends take turns for the better today. Keep us posted on their progress.

Soster, welcome home!! I've always wanted to see Alaska. My trainer was planning a trip to Alaska this fall, but now that she is pregnant, I have a feeling that trip has been cancelled/postponed. Hmm . . . maybe I can take her place!! [big Grin]

Inky, LOVE the new pony. He is adorable. I'm so glad that all worked out for you. And the new bridle is absolutely stunning. It will look fabulous on him. I must admit, I love the bling!! Keep us up to date on his progress. How is Inky's face healing?? Did you end up having to call the vet out for him??

Deequeue, did I miss it?? What was the results of the follow up vetting for your boy yesterday??? Hopefully some good news. If not, then chin up. Your horse is out there.

Boocoo, how is Buster's leg doing today?? Hopefully the swelling is down. You are moving him tomorrow right?? Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly.

As for me, muddling along at work overburdened as usual. Trying to prep for a show next weekend that I decided to enter at the last minute. Just a schooling show, but after a bad experience at our last show (I'll post separately about that), I really need to get us back out there ASAP to get us back on track mentally.

Raz is as fit as I have ever had him and REALLY feeling fresh and sassy with the cool fall weather rolling in. I've either got to get my butt out to ride him every single day, or else I've got to get someone to pitch in and help me exercise the little beast because he is really feeling his oats. Mr. Perfectly Behaved gave his version of a buck and bolt last night - he kicked out with a hind foot and fiercly trotted off the circle refusing to stop or turn. I would have found it comical, except that I can see it turning into something more dangerous if I don't get him the extra exercise he is so plainly asking for. Once I trotted him full steam around the ring several times to burn off that excess energy, he was perfectly well behaved again. It was raining yesterday, so there was no turn out, but still, even with no turn out, he has NEVER behaved that way before.

There are several riders who have offered to help me with Raz if I ever need it, so now I just need to sit down with my trainer and figure out the best person. Raz is burning out mentally a little from the dressage work I am doing with him, and I really don't want two different riders confusing him, so my first choice is a young hunter/jumper teen whose horse is currently undergoing a very long drawn out rehab. I am thinking to offer her one day a week on the condition that she takes at least one lesson a month on Raz with my trainer. I've been trying to do one day a week of "hunter style" riding with Raz to vary his work, so this would kill two birds with one stone so to speak. She could help me exercise Raz, and also take over the hunter end of his exercising. She wouldn't even be attempting any dressage work with him, so there wouldn't be a risk of confusing Raz, and she is a very good rider who I've seen handle some pretty tough horses so I know she can handle anything Raz dishes out. So we'll see. I'm going to talk to the girl's trainer today, then my trainer. If both of them like the idea, then I'll give the girl's mother a call.

Great idea for a thread, Inky!!

~Shelly~

Beckham03 sorry to hear about your rough day!!!

Boocoo i hope you horses leg is better and best of luck with the move!!!

deequeue hope the testing went well on your (hopfully) new horse!!

smithereens_86 hope everything works out with that new rider!!

Inky!!!! have fun with you new pony [Razz]

The horse that went to surgery is thus far a "miracle horse"! He endured a 6 hour surgery, a blood transfusion, they removed 10 feet of intestine, and when he awoke from anastisia he stood right up!! He is not out of the woods yet, but wow! [Yay]

Beckham---SEE? SEE? I knew yesterday was awful in a very un-special way... [Frown] Hope your horsey buddies are doing better today, shooting up some little arrow prayers for them.

I did post an update on my own horsey adventures yesterday--Inky was that okay?? [Eek!] or should I have posted here?? don't wanna ruffle feathers or break any rules! [big Grin]

I saw your message Deeque:-) I posted...

My horse search is still ongoing...the last video got a big fat no from the trainer and the "money tree"!! [Frown]

That's fine Deequeue, we've all been keeping UTD on your horse quest! You're right we are a social bunch, at least for me you guys are pretty much the only dressage people I can discuss things with, as I only have one other dressage buddy at the barn [Razz] And I know we've formed friendships over here and we don't always necessarily travel outside of this forum in order to get advice from the people we know are here!

Thanks for the well wishes on the new pony [big Grin] Can't wait till his bridle gets in, so I can start working on his u/s training. I'm curious to see how much he knows. He's obviously at least saddle broke to have those scars [Roll Eyes] No I didn't have to call out the vet for Inky thankfully, he healed quickly on his own. His leg got worse on the second day, then he was completely sound on the third. Go figure, at least he's sound!

Beckham, that certainly is a miracle horse! Glad to hear he's doing okay given the circumstances. How's the other one doing?

smithereens, I hope the rider situation works out for you! I know what's that like, had to go through with it last year. Just make sure you set down firm ground rules and get a written contract, I had a bad experience with it last year. [Crazy]

Boocoo, I hadn't thought of putting DMSO on an infection either, I usually typically think of silverdene or furazone as my first options. If it's not an infection could it possibly be an edema? Inky's gotten a pitting edema on his girth area, about fist sized, from a kick before, and had another one on his knee from getting it stuck in a fence [Roll Eyes] He's good at those types of injuries. You probably won't see this since you'll be working on your move, so good luck with that!

Fear Them All, haven't figured out who you are quite yet [Wink] but I can completely sympathize as I'm in the same boat, college, work, and now two horses [Razz]

Glad to hear inky is healing well!!

Yes horses, work, and school is very hard but we do what we have to right [Wink]

Gatsbys coming home today!!! YEAH, once again i'm going to go over everything with the vets and set up an appointment to do the schock waves.

I upset everything happend now though, i'm gonna miss this moths dressage clinic at our barn and the last NP show and the 3 day show we were going to stay over at, we got stalls and everything. O'well theres always next year!

Still looking for another barn, i need something closer to my house!! And with the vet bill, i already asked my grandparents if they would buy me 5 sessions of shock waves, they just kinda looked at me. i tried! [Razz]

Inky, thanks for the PM about the bridle. I want one!!!!!!!! [Cool] (where is the "no-money" smiley face?? This is a horse board, after all!).

I FINALLY had someone come out and look at my sale pony (Jonny) today. I would LOVE for them to buy him, as the girl is capable and rode him well. He was a little squirrely and got pretty strong a couple of times, but I told them he was *super* green before they came out so hopefully they weren't too shocked. They brought a little jump and he jumped for the first time ever! It was just a teensy little crossrail and then a teensy vertical, and he did figure out what he was doing and then got really cute for a couple of jumps! They are eventing people. They fell in love with his huge horse stride. He is such a cute mover. So, keeping my fingers crossed about this one. I am just worried that he's going to be more work than they thought he would be originally. Aside from that I know they liked him. But we'll see. I have had him for sale for three months now and they were the first people to come out and look (and I am not asking a lot) so you know how it goes. Sorry, I know that's not totally dressage related but I had to tell someone! [Cool]