Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

The General Chit Chat thread for the Dressage Board Posters

Hey SG I'll send a couple [Angel] for your job search, I know how you feel about the in-laws (though mine's not "technically" an in law) except that with her, I explicitly know she hates me [Razz]

BQD, sure glad you got that price figured out. 110 a mo is nuts for supps!

Yes Deequeue, whenever you get back, we need an update on your horsey endeavors!

Crazy-Appy, hope you have an easy and fast recovery [Angel] Love your saddle and horse too btw!

Well I was planning on saddling up Buster today after I rode Inky but neither went as planned. Inky was feeling like a rodeo bronc and Buster was freaking out from being away from his pasture mates and had some drainage from his eye, so I just gave him a good grooming and cleaned up the eye. Not sure what's going on with it, it's not swollen, and there are no wounds near it. Here's a few pics of the nutty gang

Why I didn't ride!

-

Here's the two of them together:

-

-

And just for fun, the creek that runs through the pastures and paddocks

-

-

Crazy Appy - hope that leg heals fast!!

SG - being out of work is the worst!! I hate job hunting. Don't let the in-laws add to your stress. You'll get a job, and all will be right again.

Inky - can't say as I blame you, I wouldn't have ridden those crazy broncs either!!

~Shelly~

inky i starting to look like gatsby [Razz] that what he does when i *cough cough* hand walk him [Duh]

Sg- good luck job hunting!!!

Crazy- hope you leg is better soon!!!

alittle update about Gatsby sitnography(full body scan). We're sending gatsbys xrays to OSU, wht?? because i smaell some fishy from the vet clinic. My mom not happends and she just thinks someone is tell us something or theres nothing wrong but they mde it seem like there was [Mad] She says she just has that feeling and when we called them back to ask if we could send the radiographs to OSU they got extrememly offensive! And my mom jst has that mothers feeling something isnt right. So we'll see what happends today with them but wish me luck this doesnt turn into some big problem! My mom thinks we got um "played" i just is the word. [Mad]

Hope you get that stuff figured out about the vets clinic, BQD.

Im just hanging out.. about to go to bed. We are getting quite a bit of rain. I think its the trailing storms off the edge of Rita. I am SO over this hurricane thing. I feel bad for those who left NO to TX and are now having to flee TX as well. I said it once and Ill say it again, Mother Nature is PISSED OFF.

The arrangements have been made for Layla. She moves next Wednesday to the new farm about 10-15 mins away. They have a huge covered arena, lots of round pens, 3 barns, good care. At least Ill be able to SEE my horse more than 2 times a month.

I took Randy into a bridal store today to check it out. Its supposed to be a One Stop Bridal Shop. But anyways, I wanted to see his taste in gowns. So I point him at a rack and ask him which ones he likes. So he points out a few. And then he gets to the last dress. And he was like "Oh, yeh. I like that one. Thats real nice."

How about its the dress Im getting?! I was like YES! WHEW I feel better. LOL I was like "Oh yeh.. Thats pretty." LOL

[Roll Eyes]

Well thats all for tonight I believe. Hopefully am going to see my horse tomm. Even if just for a few mins. Gotta drop off a check for the farrier.

[bat Eyelashes]

Glad he shares your taste in dresses Shantel! How are the wedding plans going? I just got married in June and I remember how much there was to do. It was crazy but fun at the same time! I was going to post wedding pictures on here, but haven't gotten around to it.

As for me, I'm just sitting here right now. I have an interview at 8:30 and an interview at 2:00. Plus one phone call in regards to a resume I sent out to return. Maybe, hopefully, one of these will turn into something. [Confused]

I don't have to work at my part time job at the pet store tonight, so i'm actually going to go see my horse. It will be kind of nice to not have to get bit by oscar fish and crabby hamsters.

There is, however, a little dwarf hamster that was shipped to the store. He has a bum eye...one that just won't open. They have him isolated in the "quiet room" and are having staff put drops in his eye, but it's obvious this is a permanent injury/defect. If it doesn't heal they won't sell him, they'll adopt him out. I really want to bring him home because he's super sweet and i'm a softee when it comes to special needs animals...but hubby says no. [Frown]

BQD, sorry to hear that your mom is doubting the vet's diagnosis, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a second opinion especially when you are talking about laying out the kind of money they are asking for for the shockwave treatment. If they are getting defensive, tell them that your mom always gets second opinions even for your medical stuff so it's nothing personal. That should chill them out - unless they really do have something to hide. [Question]

Shantel - glad to hear he picked the same dress that you did!! Guess you two really are on the same wave length - always a good way to start off a marriage. When is the wedding date??

~Shelly~

quote:

I really want to bring him home because he's super sweet and i'm a softee when it comes to special needs animals...but hubby says no.

maybe you could surprize him with it!! Who could he say no to a surprize??

My trainer got a horse about a month ago(named Remmie, haha) and didnt tell her husband. it was quite funny at the last show show her husband was there and she goes "here hold my horse" and then he ways like "YOUR HORSE!?!?!?!?" its very vey amusing! [ROTFL]

shelly- i hope they dont have something to hide

-

[ 09-22-2005, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

quote:

Originally posted by Santas_Girl:

crabby hamsters

Better known as "fur covered razor blades"!! Man can those things BITE!!! They do NOT make good pets. Mice and rats make make far better pets if you want a rodent for a pet. Hamsters have the nastiest personalities.

Definitely gets those wedding pics posted.

I'm exhausted this morning. Spent all night last night moving stuff. I FINALLY gave notice on my apartment this month which means we have to have me fully moved out by the end of the month. The basement is almost entirely completed. We just have a couple of electrical items left for the contractor to finish then the inspectors can come sign off on it, and we are done with the buildout!!! [Yay] It looks absolutely amazing. We can't put furniture in until the inspectors come, but we have put a few pieces in (bad us) so it is starting to look like a home down there.

The only other major thing left is to put a door of some sort on the kitty room. It is a large opening (not standard sized). and we want to be able to take it down when the kitties are gone (they are older), so we don't want to damage the walls in any way. I guess we are going to build some sort of a frame, then put up a track system and hang sliding closet doors. When that is done, the kitties will move in. Then all that is left to move from my house is a coffee table, Razzie's winter blankets, and my spare horse tack. We are down to the wire.

The only problem - we have one weekend left, this weekend, and I have a horse show. Just a schooling show though, and it is only 20 minutes from the barn, so it shouldn't take up too much of the weekend.

~Shelly~

quote:

Sorry, I'm a lawyer. I tend to expect people to have things to hide.

if they did hide something you have to help me make a case against them, wanna come to PA and visit me and gatsby???? [Razz][ROTFL]

quote:

Originally posted by BisQuickDoc:

if they did hide something you have to help me make a case against them, wanna come to PA and visit me and gatsby????

Would if I could, but I'm not licensed in PA!! That's one of the down sides to "separate but equal" - you have to be licensed in each and every state you want to practice law in. That means a long, nasty, expensive test in each state. ICK!!! Best I can do is tell you when it is time to actually go get a good lawyer. Keep us posted on what's going on, and if something starts to not look right, we'll all let you know when it's time to call in the help.

~Shelly~

quote:

Originally posted by smithereens_86:

quote:

crabby hamsters

Better known as "fur covered razor blades"!! Man can those things BITE!!! They do NOT make good pets. Mice and rats make make far better pets if you want a rodent for a pet. Hamsters have the nastiest personalities.

~Shelly~

Well, I had a hamster once as a kid. It was a really nice little thing. And the one I want to take home is so sweet. But the rest of them in the store...mean, mean, mean. Especially the "teddy bear hamsters". No clue why they refer to them as teddy bears. It's mind boggling. I've been bit to the point of bleeding by those things. Although, I think Oscar fish are worse. They bite, latch on, and twist. Had to clean their tanks last night...not fun.

Good luck at your interviews, SG! It took me MONTHS to get a "real" job, and it takes up a ton of hours and barely pays. But a paycheck (no matter how small) does make the husband a little happier. Although I haven;t got my first paycheck yet, we'll see if it even pays for the month's hay! [Roll Eyes]

BQD have you heard from OSU yet?

Thanks guys. I was really happy he liked it too. It will be a nice tidbit to share with him after the ceremony.. LOL

The wedding is tentatively scheduled for Oct 14, 2006. I have to decide WHERE we are getting married first and hope they have that weekend. If not, I like Oct 21, 28, and Nov 4. So we'll see.

Meg, I DEF want to see wedding pics! Please post! And good luck with the interviews. Im in the same boat. Crazy how hard it is to get a good paying FT job now a days.

Chiro appt went well today I guess. My neck is totally straight instead of having the natural curve, which is bad. And the top vertabre is twisted and now I know why my shoulder and arm always hurts - because the nerve is pinched. So they used this soundwave thing to adjust it. I didnt believe it worked, but before he did it he lightly pressed on the right side of my neck, below my head, and it hurt. After the soundwave, it didnt hurt. I got home and like 1 1/2 hours after the treatment I was really sore. He said I could get sore b/c my muscles arent used to that position. So yeh. I took a 2 hour nap b/c I wasnt feeling well.

Went to a workshop on starting your own business tonight with my best friend. Lots of good info. Cant wait until the next one - Financing!

Off to bed. Chiro appt at 11:15!

[smiley Wavey]

quote:

Especially the "teddy bear hamsters". No clue why they refer to them as teddy bears. It's mind boggling. I've been bit to the point of bleeding by those things. Although, I think Oscar fish are worse. They bite, latch on, and twist. Had to clean their tanks last night...not fun.

Yup, had experience with both Teddy Bears and Oscars. Both mean, mean, MEAN animals.

~Shelly~

So how's everyone this morning?

I'm alright. My interviews yesterday were crazy. Each one was like three hours long. Not sure how they went or if the jobs I interviewed for would be one's that I would enjoy.

But on the plus side, while I was at my second interview yesterday I got a voice mail from a place that I am really hoping to get a job at. It's a large company, and I would be working on their business admin side if I got the position (which is great because I have a bachelor's in business admin!). It would also be fairly good pay, and there would be tons of room for advancement and moving around. The lady was impressed with me (I had to do this 50 question thing) and wants to meet me next week. But, I am also up against a lot of people. So prayers, if anyone has any, would be greatly appreciated!

Then after dinner last night, I went t see Santanna. Well, we had a "disagreement". I tried to put him back in his pen and he wanted no part of it. Every time we approached the gate, he had a tantrum (rearing/snorting/etc.) It was late, it was dark, and I just lost it and burst into tears (i'm a moron I know).

Well bless my trainer's heart. Her and her husband both came out of the house at 9:30 at night, assisted me with my horse (I got a free mini lesson), and her husband is going to install a gate that's easier to deal with this morning. I am so blessed to be out there!

I was upset with Santanna, but part of the problem is he's full of it. Because I don't have a full-time job, and because my part-time job is odd hours and low paying, I haven't had the time or the gas money to get out and work with Santanna on a consistent basis. This is a huge problem with an electric horse.

Another reason why I need some prayers and good luck to get that job....which incidently the lady called and wants to meet with me on wednesday...i have to take something called a caliper test and meet all the other people in the department...i'm the first to interview...there will be others...the position probably won't start until November.

[ 09-23-2005, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Ok here thanks SG, just worn out. I had 4 hours of Science (physics, chem. and bio) on monday, 4 hours of English lit and lang. on Tuesday, worked Wednesday and had 2 hours of Photography that evening, and yesterday I had 4 hours of Math. Right now Im sitting at work, sneaking a peak on here when I can lol.

Needless to say, I havent ridden my poor horse all week... *sigh*

Sg, your interviews sounded pretty exhausting... well done for survivng!

Whats everyone up to today?

To all the job hunters out there, it's a tough market right now, some jobs are more plentiful than people, others are the other way around. Hang in there and just do your best in the interview...I'm an HR director and have been in HR for over 20 years so if you need any pointers on aceing an interview just ask. [Wink]

I'm going to look at a horse tomorrow, he sounds almost too good to be true...good minded, right size, right abilities, right price...you know what they say about being too good to be true (it usually is). No response from the lady selling the QH with tendon problems, but I figure what will be will be, there.

In the meantime I'm riding Pokey who's getting better and better every day, softer, more forward, striding out more, it's really neat to see the progress. [smile]

Oh and this is my last week as a forty-something...next Friday I'm officially middle aged. [Roll Eyes] It's nice though because everyone tells me I don't look it [bat Eyelashes] so maybe I can skate on my forties a little longer.... [bat Eyelashes]

Just in case I don't get back here today, everyone have a GREAT weekend... [smiley Wavey]

Deeque: Don't worry. I haven't been a forty-something for a while. Just keep riding and smiling. Keep enjoying pokey

- til the right one comes along. -

quote:

Originally posted by deequeue:

To all the job hunters out there, it's a tough market right now, some jobs are more plentiful than people, others are the other way around. Hang in there and just do your best in the interview...I'm an HR director and have been in HR for over 20 years so if you need any pointers on aceing an interview just ask.
[Wink]

Do you know what a callipher test is?

Good luck on the horse you're looking at! I hope it works out for you.

deeque, I could use all the interviewing tips you have! I just get SO nervous and feel like I fail b/c of the interview! Esp that "What are your professional weaknesses?" question!!

Just got back from the chiro. It was awesome. Got a good bit of adjustments and I feel great.

Heard the club tonight is ladies free and everyone is drinking $2 everythings (which compared to $6 for a drink, thats awesome). Plus a tattoo contest. I got a nice, big tattoo. And I could always use $200. LOL Trying to find a DD. If not, I probably wont drink.

Sending prayers your way Meg. I feel your pain. Ive ridden my horse 5-6 times since July 5th. It SUCKS. Im hoping since next week she'll be closer I can ride her more.. or even just SEE her. We'll see.

Bye for now!

[/qb]Do you know what a callipher test is? [/QB]

That's one I've never heard of. There are all kinds of pre-employment tests, but the ones I'm familiar with are personality-type. This sounds like an equipment operation type or something...What kind of job are you applying for?

quote:

Originally posted by KrazyTBMare:

deeque, I could use all the interviewing tips you have! I just get SO nervous and feel like I fail b/c of the interview! Esp that "What are your professional weaknesses?" question!!

Here's the thing: I hate that question. One of the things that an interviewer is looking for are specifics. Don't be vague, don't give generalities, and don't use the tired weaknesses-described-as-strengths answer (I'm such a hard worker I forget to go home at night, for example).

Be honest, but use a real-world example if you can. An example--when you have a project due sometimes you tend to isolate yourself too much and don't connect with others, something like that. ALWAYS remember the context you're in--is the company looking for team players vs independent types? in which case my example answer might be a thumbs down or up for you.

Hope that helps...good luck and just relax and be YOURSELF. That's what we want to evaluate, after all. [smile]

Yeh, in my Human Relations class we spoke a lot about interviewing and stuff but I could never come up with a weakness. The only bad thing an employer ever told me was that I work "too fast" (meaning he was an old guy and didnt understand how he could give me a task and I could complete it properly in a short amount of time).

Im hoping if I go through a staffing agency that I can kind of bypass that kind of questioning. The hardest interviews have been for BANKS! Geez.

quote:

Originally posted by Remmie:

Here you go Santa's Girl: Explanation of Caliper test. It's designed to find out all about "who you are."

Thanks Remmie..I'm gonna check that one out. Meyers Briggs and a few others are the ones I've worked with, this is a new one for me. [Question]

quote:

Originally posted by KrazyTBMare:

!

Never fess up to any weakness. Always throw the question to a positive.

E.g., "I am always working to improve myself. If I should become aware of any weakness affecting my contribution to the team, I would certainly take immediate steps to deal with and overcome it."