Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

The General Chit Chat thread for the Dressage Board Posters

quote:

Originally posted by Remmie:

Here you go Santa's Girl: Explanation of Caliper test. It's designed to find out all about "who you are."

Thanks Remmie. I'm applying for a position in the administrative side of a major manufacturing company. I'd basically be coordinating all the people who work on the admin side to provide customer service. The position title is Sales Coordinator.

quote:

Originally posted by KrazyTBMare:

Im hoping if I go through a staffing agency that I can kind of bypass that kind of questioning. The hardest interviews have been for BANKS! Geez.

You still get that stuff with a staffing agency. That's where I started my search. I needed a go-between since everything is highly competitive in my area (job wise) and the big companies don't give you the time of day if you approach them on your own. But you're still, at least here, expected to interview.

Incidentally, the staffing agency I went to sent me to this particular company a month ago. I interviewed with someone for a long term temporary position and impressed them (how i'm not too sure!). However, a second interview was required and he said that things had to wait until this month.

By the time he called for the second interview, he had two temporary positions he was considering me for but then some other lady from the same company decided she might like me for a direct hire permanent thing, but because of a strange set of rules I can't use the staffing agency for a go-between in the direct hire position, so i'm going it alone now.

I'm scared. I really need and want this job. I just don't want to mess things up.

[Eek!]

That's not so strange. It's called MONEY!!!

Money for a direct hire is out of a different bucket than a temp. They are not going to want to pay a fee to the staffing agency for finding you.

Actually, it's a little unethical on their part though, because the staffing agency sent you there in the first place. If the staffing company has a good relationship with the company though, I bet they don't mind losing out just this once. It sure would be great for you because you will more stability and better benefits. If they are spending the money to have you take this test, then they are pretty darn sure they want you.

I'm going to keep jingling for you. Hope the job is a match.

So, how was everyone's weekend? Did anyone do anything exciting?

We've been getting a tremendous amount of rain here in the past few days. It's good because we need it (we've had a drought all summer) and bad because the dry ground is having trouble absorbing the rain fast enough. On the bright side, the mud puddles are adding much needed moisture to Santanna's hooves. [big Grin]

This weekend hubby and I went up to the northwoods to watch an event that his workplace insured...it was kind of like spying to see if there were any violations. There were a few, but nothing too bad.

As for the rest of the week, not much going on here except working at the pet store. *sigh* The people I work with do nothing but gossip and it really bothers me. I try to stay out of it, of course because of that they don't talk to me at all. oh well.

Big interview is Wednesday...prayers and good vibes needed desperately!!! [Jump]

Hope you all had a good weekend and I hope you all have a good week! [Cool]

NOthing exciting here. Same old routine. When you have horses at home, it takes so much time to take care of them, there's almost no time to work them.

Baths for four horses, three dogs. Mow lawn and pastures, fix fences, replace the board Tris kicked out of the stall. Get hay and feed, sweep the driveway (Why do we like all those trees), trim the jungle vines back, etc., etc., etc.

Santa's Girl: Will be thinking about you and jingling for Wednesday's interview.

I think I need a condo in a deed restricted neighborhood that doesn't allow pets!!!

[ 09-26-2005, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Remmie ]

Poor Remmie. You should get a leaf blower! Saves from all that sweeping! When I worked at my trainers barn and the leaf blower broke I thought I would DIE trying to sweep the aisle!

This weekend was OK. My adjustment from the chiro Friday went well until the evening. Then I was in a lot of pain from being in a correct position. However, Saturday I woke up and it was all gone and my shoulder felt AWESOME. Mind you, this shoulder has been KILLING me since about Feb. And for something to hurt me as bad as it did and bring tears to my eyes, it had to be a lot of pain.

Yesterday was the Bridesmaid Luncheon for my friends wedding this coming Saturday. I had coconut crusted chicken. For someone as picky as I am, the day was rather stressful. Knowing that I wouldnt eat most of the food. But the chicken was really good and Im proud that I tried it and ate it b/c a year ago I wouldnt have even done that. So yeh.

The girls all got a necklace and earrings to wear for the wedding. And I got to see the pictures from the Bacholarette party. I kind of FORGOT about those. LOL I was like "What was I DOING?!" LOL Some of the pics are just priceless. [Roll Eyes]

Today I have yet another chiro appt. Then I need to go to the mall, get a bustier, maybe a few shirts or something if theres a sale, check about getting a hair appt, and then tonight is the lingerie party for my friends wedding. So yeh.

Oh well I gotta get going and get dressed.

Have a good MONDAY! [Razz]

[ 09-26-2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

my weekend was rather boring. Was NOT allowed to go see my horse. Man; 6 more weeks of NO riding is going to be hard, I am going crazy and tis only been 1 week.

FINALLY some good news, I worked fulltime over the summer, but they forgot to transfer my hours, so my paychecks were for only halftime. I went and argued with them time and time again. Five paychecks ago they told me "the next paycheck" well I FINALLY got paid for it. $805 instead of $354, definately a nice surprise to wake up to in the morning. Then about 15 minutes later I got an email from my dad. The registrar's office kept either losing or forgetting to send my certificate of enrollment to the PFD (Permanent Fund Dividend, I'm an Alaska resident) so we had to contest it with the PFD because it was in several months late. Just got word that it was approved! About $845.00 this year, which is the lowest it's been in about 15-20 years, but it's projected to start going back up, and hey that's a nice sum of money to me!

On other news, I'm going to have to call out the vet for Buster, and have his eye flushed and see what's going on with it. On Friday he started having some gooey disharge, so I was keeping an eye on it. Sunday it was a LOT of discharge, cloudy and yellow, so I'm going to give the vet a call to make sure it's nothing major. We also finally got new footing in the indoor arena! No more choking to death on dust [Cool]

SG, I'll definately have my fingers crossed for you on Wednesday, hope your interview goes well!

Crazy Appy, that would drive me insane [Crazy] at least the 5 months where I couldn't ride, it was because I was in one state and my horse was in another!

Remmie, we're lucky the leaves haven't started falling here yet, and we live in a desert region, so there aren't too many trees to begin with lol

KrazyTB, if you don't mind my asking, how much was your chiro appt? I've been considering going lately because of my back and I have a misplaced rib. Riding's been throwing it even more out, so I get home and have to lie down and ice for a couple hours if I want to be able to move the next day [Razz] Sounds like you had a fun time at your bachelorette party [Cool] How long until your wedding again?

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

KrazyTB, if you don't mind my asking, how much was your chiro appt? I've been considering going lately because of my back and I have a misplaced rib. Riding's been throwing it even more out, so I get home and have to lie down and ice for a couple hours if I want to be able to move the next day
[Razz]
Sounds like you had a fun time at your bachelorette party
[Cool]
How long until your wedding again?

I feel your pain. I had a rib out a couple of months ago. It had been out for about 4-5 months and got really aggravated since I was mucking 16 stalls a day and riding/lungeing 2-4 horses. It felt great to have it put back in but that particular chiro I didnt care for.

I went to a new chiro (they are innetwork for my insurance) and really like them. There is a husband/wife team and then a younger girl (who I mostly see) and they are awesome.

I just got back from the chiro actually today. I had 3 ribs out. But not as bad as that one a few months ago. These were just slightly out but man it isnt the most comfortable thing to have them put back in!

I have BCBS PPO and my copay is $40/visit. However, since Im really screwed up LOL b/c your neck is supposed to look like this ) and mine looks like this / I have to go often. A lot of the times, things like having ribs out, happen b/c there are other things that are causing it to come out to compensate.

Anyways, I am doing a care plan b/c I need to go often now and then less as my adjustments hold, so its 20% of $1300 down (thats for a year) which is $260 and then Im doing the 11 month payment plan which comes to $94.55 a month. That way I am not paying $120 a WEEK for 3 visits.

Id check with your insurance. See what your copay is and if you need a referal.

I actually just found out why "my mare is so unbalanced to the right at the canter". LOL Its not the mare. Which I knew. My pelvis is twisted back on the left side, drawing my right side forward. No WONDER I cant sit the canter and my right leg is always way out in front of me. [Duh]

The next thing I want to try is acupuncture. But yeh, check with your insurance b/c they will decide how much it costs.

Enough rambling about that!

That actually was my FRIENDS bacholarette party. Im a bridesmaid right now! LOL My wedding will be nect fall. Either Oct/Early Nov. [big Grin]

Id say the party was fun. Ive only been drunk once before. And I didnt like it. But at the party, I had 4 butterynips (drinks not shooters), 3 shots of Goldschlagger (which is SO good! Never had it before) and 2 red bulls and vodkas (big glasses with 80% of it vodka). LOL You know youre drunk when it tastes like you are drinking water and its almost straight vodka. LOL [Roll Eyes]

[ 09-26-2005, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

I'm back. Using a dial up account until I get my new DSL modem in the mail, about 5 to 7 days. Argh! [Crazy] This dial up is sooooo slooooow!

Inky, your right, the swelling on Beau's leg was an edema. It's much better now. Slowly getting smaller.

I moved him into a boarding stable here, on Sat. the 17th. I go every day. On Monday the 19th I got there at noon and he had not one single drop of water! [Eek!] I also noticed the stalls had not been cleaned since Sat. By Wed. they still had not been cleaned! [Mad] I moved him on Thursday to a nice new barn with lots of dressage people and a great instructor, I hope. I watched her teach a couple of lessons and she seems really good.

I am going now to ride. Will be the first time in two weeks. That's a long time for someone who rides every day. I have been longing him, but haven't had time to ride with the move and all. My son started back to school today and the house is fairly organized, so I am going to ride now! [Jump][Jump][Jump]

Glad you found a good barn that cleans the stalls and waters the horses! Thats SCARY!

I know how you feel. I went from riding 1-3 horses a day to only riding my horse 5-6 times since July 5th! It sucks but after the move on Wednesday, I should be able to ride more. YAY.

Praying the job work out SG [Angel]

Rem- mow the lawn? rake leaves? poor Remmie those are the 2 things i hink i hate to do the most, as far as yard work anyway [Razz] try cutting 5 acres of front yard with a push mower [Roll Eyes]

Crazy- its not nice to be selfish, SHARE YOUR PICS!!! [Razz]

inky- hope everything is ok with buster, u know gatby has been leaking too but i thinks its just allergies(sp)

crazyappy- hope you get to ride soon!!!!

Boocoo- "ride every day" haha i havent ridden gatsby in a month in a half!! say GOODBYE to joining the dressage team at school [Duh]

sounds like your move went well!! Glad your also got your horse to a new barn too!!

as far as an update from me, i was sapposed to got to a 2 day show what gatsby(just hang out) and i was gonna sleep in the trailer!! i thought it would be SOOO AWSOME!!! gatsby would have a stall and there is even an indoor. I really want to take him, just to hang out, but i'm afraid. i dont know weather to or not??? i'm mean he is aloud outside now and i can lunge him and everything but i dont know about taking him away from home. Do you guys think i should still go??? i dunno [Confused]

OH AND I"M SO MAD!!!!!!!!

there was a dressage clinic with Sally Dawson And i was all set up for gatsby to GO and i was even entered to ride in the clinic!!! but then gatsby thing happend and the clinic is in 3 weeks [Me Cry] theres no way we'll be ready or EVEN riding for that matter! i'm so upset this women has trained to 4th level and i herd shes very good! oh well [Frown] i still may look into doing a lunging session, hopefully!!!!

Just copying and pasting Remmie and I's reply. I think Remmie accidently replied on the H/J forum instead of this topic. [Wink]

Remmie

Member # 21662

posted 09-26-2005 11:03 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell moms we all voted for two arches.

Thanks for the leaf blower thought. I love sympathy. Actually, there is nowhere to blow them because of the fern beds growing so thickly on both sides of the driveway and then the jungle. This is not the conventional driveway with lawn on both sides.

We do use a machine behind the tractor to sweep though. Now, that is what everyone needs for their barn aisle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2167 | From: Tampa Bay area, Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | IP: Logged |

KrazyTBMare

Member # 4004

posted 09-26-2005 01:06 PM

Thanks Remmie. Though I think that reply was meant for the thread on Dressage!

Ill let the Moms know that we all like the 2 archs.

Oh. A sweeper behind the tractor? Im all for that! Better than pulling your shoulder out or ripping off your nails trying to get the blower to start!

Well, I couldn't imagine where that reply had gone. That's very strange because I never even open the H/J board.

Thanks.

haha! Good choice. My motto is "always blame the computer". Of course, that makes my hubby very irritated. He always calls it user error. [Razz]

Here at work, we do encounter these problems quite a bit, so we have learned to pinpoint where in the system they might be happening.

They are called EBCACK problems. (Error between chair and computer keyboard).

quote:

[big Grin] That's good! I'm giggling about that. EBACACK! ha! [big Grin]

Well i'm off to the pet store where I will spend the whole night cleaning fish tanks and scooping dead fish out of tanks because no one else will do it. [bang Head] And the sad thing is...i'm petrified of fish. Yet, I do it. Why doesn't anyone else? My sanity is slowly dwindling. [bang Head]

[ 09-26-2005, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Remmie, the link to my photos of the house were on a post on the H/J forum! Def not your computer or you messing up!

I was successful in finding a corset for the wedding on Saturday. I also found a UBER cute shirt on sale as well for the Rehersal dinner. YAY.

Gotta get ready as there is that party tonight. Gotta be at my friends at 6:45. Gotta dry my hair and get dressed.

Bye!

quote:

Originally posted by Santas_Girl:

quote:

[big Grin]

That's good! I'm giggling about that. EBACACK! ha!
[big Grin]

Well i'm off to the pet store where I will spend the whole night cleaning fish tanks and scooping dead fish out of tanks because no one else will do it.
[bang Head]
And the sad thing is...i'm petrified of fish. Yet, I do it. Why doesn't anyone else? My sanity is slowly dwindling.
[bang Head]
My best friend used to work at PetCo and she did the same exact thing...counted dead fish every morning and then cleaned them all out of the tank. One day, they were all dead for some reason (it was a TON of goldfish). I don't like fish at all and it gives me the creeps even thinking about all the dead goldfish floating around! So I really do sympathise with you!

boy, then my job would drive oyu nuts!!! the store i work in ONLY sells fish, the like 200$ fish though. I lvo eit and I love fish, have a big aquarium myself. I hate that job of scooping deadfish in the morning. Its even worse though because we dont jsut throw them out, we feed them to our sharks. [Eek!] (we have 3 tiger sharks in our store in a ginormous tank) there are about 5 angliefish in the tank with the sharks that are the size of dinnerplates, and they too will eat the dead fish, oh well.

quote:

Originally posted by KrazyTBMare:

Glad you found a good barn that cleans the stalls and waters the horses! Thats SCARY!

I know how you feel. I went from riding 1-3 horses a day to only riding my horse 5-6 times since July 5th! It sucks but after the move on Wednesday, I should be able to ride more. YAY.

Moving is very time consuming! [Crazy] I know what you mean. We have moved to 3 different states in the last 19 months! Why you ask? Hubby keeps doing so well with his job, they make it worth our while to move. Hopefully I won't have to work anymore now, and can become a true dressage queen! [big Grin]

I had such an awesome ride this a.m. My horse had so much energy and was so forward and came right on the bit! Wow, it was a rush! I hope he keeps up the energy. It is cooler here and maybe that's why he feels sooo good!

BQD, you will soon be riding again! I bet you will be showing and taking home all the blues next spring!! [Huggy]

BQD, I would not take Gatsby anywhere for quite some time. I would give him time to heal and then start riding and conditioning him at your new barn. Give him time to settle in and get back in shape before you go hauling off anywhere. I would start taking lessons with your new instructor as soon as the Vet. give you the go ahead and then work on the two of you getting it together and have a goal of showing in the spring. Time goes fast and it will be here before you know it. That will give you and Gatsby time to click and get it all together.

I finally gave notice on my apartment this month so we HAVE to have me out of there by the end of this week. [Eek!] That means that the kitty’s new room has to be finished so that they have a place to move into as well. I had my final horse show of the weekend on Sunday (I’ll do a separate update with pics on that), then I took yesterday off from work to help complete the move out of my apartment. Everything is out of the apartment except the kitties, their food/water dishes, vacuum cleaner, cleaning supplies and cat carriers. I have three VERY unhappy cats right now as there is nothing to hide under/behind/in. Poor traumatized kitties. I did leave them a few beds on the floor to sleep on, though they didn’t seem to appreciate the gesture yesterday. [Confused]

As for their new room, we need to pick up an old second hand couch for them, install a pet door to the bulkhead area where the litter box is going, and install the door across the opening to the room. We purchased the door and frame yesterday, and (with the help of a good carpenter friend), installation should take less than an hour. We have that planned for tonight. Then pick up the kitties, install the pet door, vacuum the apartment, and we are DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!! [Jump][Jump][Jump]

Of course, don’t ask what the garage or basement floor looks like right now. [Embarrassed] It’s going to take months to get it sorted out, and my boyfriend has given me a week and a half as that is when my best friend arrives from Washington DC to visit for a weekend. YIKES!!!

Betcha can’t guess what I’m doing for the next week and a half!!! [big Grin]

And I still have to work at my full time job every day all day, and keep Raz exercised. [surrender]

SG: fingers crossed for your interview on Wednesday.

Remmie: wanna switch places?? Your life sounds less hectic!!! Or maybe I’ll join you on finding a nice pet free condo!!

Shantel: BEAUTIFUL house – man do I hate moving though!!

Inky: Glad to hear your checks finally came through.

Boocoo: YIKES, on that first barn, glad to hear you got Beau moved again. Hope things work out well in the new place. Have I mentioned how much I HATE moving?!?!?!

BQD: I would pass on the clinic. Give Gats a chance to heal and get better. There will be tons of opportunities down the road for the two of you.

~Shelly~