Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

The General Chit Chat thread for the Dressage Board Posters

i know people already starting posting today but its FRIDAY!!! [Yay] tomaorrow i'm going to a hunter/jumper show to watch, me and a couple boarders are going in the afternoon to watch. dressage is in the morning but i guess they dont wanna go watch that [Frown] o'well! then after the show we're going to have a barn bon fire! AWAY from the barn of course [big Grin] and a cookout!! sounds like fun, i cant see a drunk trainer in my future! haha [ROTFL]

Then Sunday work, i'll have the barn to myself [Yay]

A drunk trainer, Bis? Sounds like a soap opera. "As The Barn Turns"...dun dun dun. [Razz]

Happy friday everyone!

I was going to go to the barn this morning but it is closed until 6:00 tonight because the whole thing is being white washed and repainted. And tonight I have to work at the pet store...so [Frown]

I did go out yesterday though. Santanna is happy, but a little crazy due to the change in temperatures. It's been getting into the 30s at night now and yesterday the temperatures during the day hovered in the 50s.

This weekend i'm going up north with my husband and his family. Their family business is helping with some big event, so I have to go. I'll probably end up sitting at a table telling people to sign waivers. That's what I always do.

Well, hope everyone has a great Friday!

quote:

A drunk trainer, Bis? Sounds like a soap opera. "As The Barn Turns"...dun dun dun.

[ROTFL]

sorry you couldnt get out to the barn [Frown]

Gtasby feeling rather FRESH too in the cold weather [Roll Eyes]

Try not to have to much fun up north [Razz]

[ 09-30-2005, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

Happy Birthday DQ!

Clipping - wow - I remember that...... don't do it here, mine turn into mammoths, and I only use their waterproof turnouts after 24 hours of rain with no respite in sight. I have a turnout for the new baby, but I have a horrible feeling she's going to turn out to be a rug-ripper - it would just 'go' with her personality. sigh.

I finally finished my project so now have to drive to the FrontRange next week to meet with the clients. I can combine this with a whistlestop tour of all the jumping ponies for sale in Colorado in the desperate hope of finding something for a horsey client. Looking for horses is very hard work! (although the worst part is seeing all sorts of horses that would suit me but not my budget LOL)

I am planning on doing a trail ride tomorrow, a new loop of about 3 hours - we are in between hunting seasons so its my last chance for quite a while to ride without the risk of being shot [Eek!] but I will have to see if my back agrees with that plan... its been pretty bad this week

oh well, have a good weekend all, I'm off to feed

[smiley Wavey]

Have fun horsey shopping! may you and Deequeue should go together, lol.

Hope your back feels better for your trail ride! i really miss trail riding [Frown]

[ 09-30-2005, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

Good morning. Yall have to stop this talk about cold weather. Making me jealous, and Remmie too, Im sure. It was 90 again yesterday with high humidity. [surrender] I am SO ready for like 70s!!! PLEASE.

About to leave for the.. yup.. chiro! LOL This time The Moms is going with me so she can see my xrays and understand why I have to go so much right now.

I have to get my nails done and get spray tanned to hide this tan line and everything will be ready for the wedding tomorrow. YAY. I know my friend is SO excited. Im so happy for her and her soon-to-be-hubby.

I WANT to go see the mare today and maybe lunge her. We will see how the schedule plays out.

Happy Friday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DQ!!

[Yay][Jump][Yay][Jump][Yay]

Hehe we're having a "cold front" in Texas. THe highes it got yesteday was about 80! Woohoo!! The horses are loving it. Me too, I can actually clean stalls without having to change my entire outfit because I have sweated through every piece of clothing on my body. [Crazy]

I have to go take a test today to get certified to be a math aide in an elementary school. Uhh, hope I pass! [big Grin]

I guess I should be enjoying my last Friday without a job.

Inky, have you tried the Devon Aire wide calves? Those are what I have. They seem pretty roomy, but I can't remember exactly what the measurements are. I think you can get them with a gusset, that might help?

Krazy, have fun! Spray tans are the best. [Cool]

Yep I have Wild Oaks, the problem with those ones were not the width but the height [Crazy] About 4 inches too tall (not including the drop) which made it impossible to break in to get any sort of drop [Razz] I'm resigning myself to try and find a place that alters shoes around here, hopefully there is one, you never know with Pullman!

DQ: Happy birthday!!!!

----

[ 09-30-2005, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Inky ]

quote:

Originally posted by KrazyTBMare:

Good morning. Yall have to stop this talk about cold weather. Making me jealous, and Remmie too, Im sure. It was 90 again yesterday with high humidity.
[surrender]
I am SO ready for like 70s!!! PLEASE.

Happy Friday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DQ!!

[Yay][Jump][Yay][Jump][Yay]

Ditto that, Krazy...I've bought some of the cutest sweaters (I'm a sweater person) but I CAN'T WEAR THEM YET because it's been hotter than hades here and once again So. Cal. is in flames all over the freakin' place. I'm in Pasadena and my eyes are so red and burning I couldn't put contacts in today...life's such a pain, ain't it? [Cool]

Happy weekend to everyone...I'll be thinkin' boutcha. [smiley Wavey]

Morning all!! Happy Birthday, DQ!! We are close together in b-days . . . mine was on Tuesday. I got a kitty door for my b-day!! HA!! We put a latch on the door last night so that they can't open it. I get to pick up my little felines from the apartment tonight and move them home at long last. It has been MONTHS since they have lived with me. We put them back in my apartment in May, and moved into the house in June. Finally we will all be together again. YIPPEEE!! [Yay][Yay][Yay]

And the best birthday present ever . . . my boyfriend hired a cleaning woman. She cleaned the WHOLE house. Even washed the walls and windows. Did laundry (even the horse laundry). Cleaned out all the closets. Washed all the curtains. Washed all the floors. Cleaned out all the radiators. Did the dishes. Washed the oven. Pulled the fridge out and cleaned behind it. She was there ALL DAY from 8:30am until 6:30pm and only charged $150. [Eek!] I can't even begin to sum up everything she cleaned. She will be back every two weeks to clean, though it won't need to be as intensive and will only cost $60. ??? We just moved in??? How intensive did it need to be??? The house was AMAZING when I got home. This is soooo worth it.

I talked to the vet today. We are setting up a time to have Razzie's stifle done. Should be done within the next week or two, then he will be one HAPPY horsey. In the meantime, vet says KEEP riding him.

So everything finally seems to be falling into place. I will be out of my apartment for good by the end of the night tonight. The house is coming together nicely. And my best friend from law school that I haven't seen in a year and a half will be here to visit next weekend. VERY EXCITED!!

~Shelly~

Smithereens! I am jealous of the cleaning person you got. Send her my way! [big Grin]

I am currently trying to upload wedding pictures so I can post them on here for people who have asked to see them...but technology is not my friend today. [Mad]

First I gotta find a place, which means I actually have to hunt down a phonebook which means I actually have to get up. Sigh [big Grin] Don't ask me why I wake up at 7:30 on my days off, I'm still not awake! (It's nine here) Just kidding, I'm just not sure where the phone book is yet lol. I just hope it won't ruin the boots any, they're a pair of Ariats. I figure if I can find one, I'll have them take about an inch off the height too because they are a bit too tall for me. Sure wish Tadd would hire a cleaning lady for me! [Eek!] That would be wonderful....though our dogs might get in her way a bit too much, I always feel sorry for the maintenance guys who stop by when we aren't home to fix things in our house because the year old puppy ADORES people and constantly gets in their way and trips them because he's so happy to see them lol. I've come home a couple of times to find the maintenance people playing a mini game of fetch and scratching his tummy [Razz]

DQ, I'm so glad it cooled off here, I can't stand the heat! I'll try to send cold weather vibes your way as a bday present lol

Wild Oaks, good luck on the test! I'm sure you'll do fine [smile]

KrazyTB, I keep initially thinking you're talking about YOUR wedding and I have to stop and go "What? Wait I'm confused" then continue reading on and have an "Oooohhhh" moment, have fun!

Hope your back holds out Leoned, do you have a backbrace you can wear while riding? I've stolen Tadd's when my back is real bad and it helps tremendously. I can actually walk rather than hobble when I get off of Inky after a hard ride.

SG, good luck with the crazy-horse-due-to-fall-weather mentality [big Grin] As you know I had my own bout of it, I'll send wishes hoping he won't be as bad as my guy was!

BQD, a cookout does sound fun, I'm jealous, we never had stuff like that back when I had a trainer [Razz] I think we're planning a cookout with our neighbors this weekend, and Tadd will be making the "Grant Galusha Special" in honor of his father. I still have no idea what it is [Confused]

Thanks lightness, I'll see if I can look into those at all. Riding was not intended for the vertically challenged as I've discovered with breeches, boots, chaps, and saddles

SG which picture host are you using to upload them? I usually have good luck with photobucket unless their site is down. I'm having technology problems with our printer [Razz]

[ 09-30-2005, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Well i'm in PhotoBucket. And the darn thing isn't being too nice. It took me an hour and a half to figure out how to scan the darn things into the computer in the first place. Had to phone hubby for help. LOL.

Now once they're in PhotoBucket...how do I get them on here. Someone refresh my memory. [Cool]

I have up a huge tutorial in KOBB and GCC on how to use photobucket, but I don't think you need that now [Cool] If you're logged in on your album with all the thumbnails, just copy and paste the url in the third textbox under the thumbnail entitled IMG onto your post here. [smiley Wavey] If you or anyone else still want the tutorial, here is my little makeshift thread on how to post pics:

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...t=036535#000000

Alright, here they are (I HOPE!). My wedding pics. I got married to my lovey on June 18th.

Me, our flower girl, and hubby on the steps at church after the ceremony.

-

Me and a guest after the ceremony.

-

The coach bus the my lovey and the groomsmen decorated. It took us from the church to the reception. Well it was supposed to. It broke down halfway there in the middle of the country. Luckily, there was a graduation party going on at a house near where it broke down. We joined the party where we were offered food and soda. I have a funny picture somewhere of me standing under a "happy graduation" sign in my wedding dress.

-

Here is the bridal party. This picture is a shocking illustration of how vertically challenged I am. Our flower girl is only 6. Compare her height to mine. This is why I ride a pony.

-

A few more are coming. [big Grin]

[ 09-30-2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

quote:

Originally posted by Santas_Girl:

Alright, here they are (I HOPE!). My wedding pics. I got married to my lovey on June 18th.

Me, our flower girl, and hubby on the steps at church after the ceremony.

-

Me and a guest after the ceremony.

-

The coach bus the my lovey and the groomsmen decorated. It took us from the church to the reception. Well it was supposed to. It broke down halfway there in the middle of the country. Luckily, there was a graduation party going on at a house near where it broke down. We joined the party where we were offered food and soda. I have a funny picture somewhere of me standing under a "happy graduation" sign in my wedding dress.

-

Here is the bridal party. This picture is a shocking illustration of how vertically challenged I am. Our flower girl is only 6. Compare her height to mine. This is why I ride a pony.

-

A few more are coming.
[big Grin]

You had too many [\img] tags [Wink]

[big Grin] The pics are gorgeous and so are you! And I will sympathize with you on the vertically challenged part, my niece was my height as I was in 4th and 5th grade when she was 6 years old! I'll wait for more pics [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

[big Grin]
The pics are gorgeous and so are you!

Thank you. That was the best day of my life!

[Embarrassed][big Grin]

These pics aren't the best quality. They're just pics friends and family took. We can't afford to purchase our professional pics right now (we still owe half the money). So for now these will do. [smile]

[ 09-30-2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

quote:

Originally posted by Santas_Girl:

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

[big Grin]
The pics are gorgeous and so are you!

Thank you. That was the best day of my life!

[Embarrassed][big Grin]

These pics aren't the best quality. They're just pics friends and family took. We can't afford to purchase our professional pics right now (we still owe half the money). So for now these will do.
[smile]
Professional photos are always wonderful but snapshots always get those funny and memorable moments. It's always great to have both. Now that you have PB mastered, we'll be waiting for when you get the Pro Pics in as well!