Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

The General Chit Chat thread for the Dressage Board Posters

Great pics, SG!!! Well worth the wait. You look stunning!! That's the way wedding days are supposed to be - the best day of your life. I'm so happy for you.

The price of professional photos is OUTRAGEOUS!! I am still waiting to order pics from my last two shows because I just don't have the $$$ right now. The quality of your non-pro pics is excellent. You almost don't even need the pro shots. My best friend actually ended up using one of the non-pro shots as her "official wedding pic" that she framed for house, office, etc. because it was better than any of the pro pics.

~Shelly~

Awww Meg, those are the dresses we were going to go with at first. But in black. You are SO pretty. I love your dress.

Well I just got back from the chiro. The Moms went with me so I was able to show her the xrays so now she gets what my problems are. Got adjusted and feel good. Then we went and got our nails done, eyebrows and upper lip waxed.

I had her put on her outfit that shes wearing to the wedding tomorrow (she is also going to her boss' daughters wedding after my friends) and the shoes arent quite IT so we are going to the mall. [big Grin]

So anyways, Im off. Have a GREAT weekend guys!

[Yay]

SG - I love the pics! It looks like you had a wonderful day. Did you guys go on a honeymoon?

I have heard of Marlboroughs...but do they still make them? I only remember seeing one pair (they were donated to a therapeutic riding center I worked at), and I specifically DO remember them being wide calf. Maybe eBay would have some?

Smithereens - I want a cleaning lady! But I don't think she'd know where to start in my house...

DQ - Hope the fires aren't too close to you. Do you know if there are any down in San Diego or not (that's where I'm from)? Fires are scary. And as a fellow contact lense wearer, painful too! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! [Yay]

[ 09-30-2005, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Wild Oaks Farm ]

Yes yes, uppper lip. LOL On the corners theres a tad bit of light hair. So might as well get it taken off with the eyebrows. [big Grin]

Just got back from the rehersal. The church is amazing. So stunning. It will be a beautiful wedding. We had a blast at the rehersal dinner. All the groomsmen are great and we had a blast.

Off to get my beauty sleep (Lord knows I need it!). Nite yall!

Santas Girl, the wedding pictures are lovely. Looks like you had a great day! I know what you mean about that being the best day of your life, but just wait till you have kids! [Wink] My wedding day was one of the greatest days of my life, I can amazingly still remember it, even though it was 13 years ago, but the day our son was born was truly amazing! And, he was born on my birthday! [Angel] So you will have lots of greatest days of your life coming up! Ain't marriage grand? [big Grin]

Speaking of which, Krazy TB, have a beautiful wedding and fill us in when you get back! [Not Worthy][Not Worthy]

DQ, stay inside. You are really close to those fires. Saw on the news tonight they had them contained? Thank goodness! [Not Worthy]

Krazy, have a wonderful time at your friend's wedding. If you are not too hung over tomorrow, let us know how it went.

SG, The pictures are really good. You were a beautiful bride. Just lovely. I'm so glad you can look back it as the best day of your life. Lots of brides succumb to the wedding pressures and can't remember it that way. Just glad to get it over with.

Remmie's right. I can't really remember my wedding day (and I have a psycho weird super-memory). I don't remember any of the ceremony. Only bits and pieces of my day (and mostly because I have pictures that remind me I was actually there!). So, hopefully you remember yours! [Wink]

Oh no worries about remembering the wedding today. Theres NO alcohol at the wedding. Now, after the wedding when we hit the clubs? I cant promise ANYTHING! [Angel]

Well, its almost time for me to get to the church. We'll have a blast. Have a great Saturday everyone.

[Jump]

Well, Im back. The wedding was a blast. My friend looked stunning. I made it down the aisle and back without tripping or passing out. Whew. My feet are a little worse for the wear (stupid heels!) but other than that, Im great.

Heading out to get some dinner with Randy and go over to our friends.

[bat Eyelashes]

Well guys the menagerie just went up another member. It is me, Tadd, a betta rescued from Wal-Mart, a paraplegic gerbil I rescued from work, Buster the rescue Pony, Inky the one nonrescue horse, Squatch the adoption, Chloe the runt saved from a shotgun, and now Mr. No-Name kitty just adopted from the shelter today [Razz]

-

-

He looks a little peeved here lol

-

And when are you moving to that farm?

That kitty is really, really, cute! I an see why it was hard to resist.

That kitty is soooo cute! You'll have to let us know when he (she?) gets a name!

And DON'T move to a farm unless you want more. A little over a year ago, I had 1 horse, a cat and a dog. Wellllll....now we DO have a farm, and we have 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 2 barn cats, 3 donkeys and 6 horses! The horses aren't all mine (but I do have a couple more than I started with [Cool] ), but since I take care of them everyday I count them all.

Speaking of pets, a very friendly kitty just jumped in my lap and is insisting that I pay attention to HER and not the computer!

[ 10-01-2005, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Wild Oaks Farm ]

Inky, that kitty has the greenest eyes and the cutest little black spot on it's nose. I love cats. My husband and son brought mine home to me when she was just 3 weeks old. Somebody threw her out the car window in a basket. The basket was squashed and her back leg was injured. Don't know if there were any brothers or sisters??? [Frown] She was so small she fit in the palm of my hand. She is now a healthy 14 months old and gorgeous. She is grey and white and still thinks I am her Momma! [smile]

Back from the club. I think I ate too much at dinner b/c I had a shot of Goldshlagger, 3 full drinks of Buttery Nips, and not feeling a thing. The girl put some 1/2 n 1/2 in the Buttery Nips and I think it messed up a stomach a bit. Dairy and alcohol? I dont think so! Though it did taste awesome.

Randys pretty tipsy. Five (yes 5) Long Island Iceteas. He always overdoes it (too fast) and then gets all emotional and sensitive. And I get annoyed. I have no tolerance for it. Ugh. Whatever.

Eyes are stinging from the smoke. Bout to head to bed. NIGHT!

Hi everyone!

Shantel, hope your tipsy guy slept it off. [Razz]

Inky, the kitty is soooo cute.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my wedding pictures. And for whoever asked, I can't remember, we went to Alaska for our honeymoon.

How was everyone's weekend?

I worked Friday night. Then Saturday morning (early) I went up north to meet up with my hubby and his family to help with an event their business was sponsoring. It went pretty well. Only one accident requiring stitches. So that's good.

Helped out with another event on Sunday. Then we all came home.

The hotel we stayed in was scary. Don't know how long it's been there, but I don't think they've updated since they first build. My father in laws room had shag carpet on the walls and leopard print sheets. [shocked][big Grin]

Gotta love the little mom and pop type hotels in the middle of no where.

As for me this week, not much is going on. I hope to get to the barn 5 days this week. We'll see how that goes.

Have a good day everyone.

[ 10-03-2005, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

SG--Great wedding pictures, you look absolutely lovely. [big Grin]

One thing I tell my neices and friends' kids getting married is, be sure to get a kickbutt photographer, because after it's all over with, all you'll have are those pictures, and it's definitely worth it to spend a little less on something else and a little more on an awesome photographer/videographer.

I still pull my wedding pictures out every so often and get all weepy and sentimental, even after 23 years... [Wink] Back then video was just coming on the scene and a friend had a video camera (one of those huge TV camera looking things with a gigantic battery box you had to carry around [big Grin] ) and offered to do our wedding...wasn't the most professional looking thing but I treasure it... [big Grin]

Good afternoon!

Today is the day. The Moms is in surgery (nothing wrong, elective!). I called and they said about another hour or so. Its rainy and crappy outside. BLAH.

Luckily he DID sleep off the alcohol. LOL I left him in the computer room asleep and was able to get a good nights sleep in my bed. Hehe.

Waiting around until The Moms is out of surgery...

Shantel, I hope your mom's surgery goes well and that she has a fast recovery.

As for me, my job search continues. I was all set to take the cable company job when I found out that I would only be making $2.00 more an hour there than I am currently at the pet store. Now $2.00 is $2.00 but seeing as I would have to drive 45 minutes one way just to get to the cable company, I had to pass on the opportunity. I would have come out making less than I am now. Gas is at about $3.00 a gallon here and I drive a '96 chevy lumina with 172,000 miles on it. I don't get good gas milage...i'd have to fill up at least three times a week.

So, the search resumes. Haven't heard from the other company yet. Am concerned that I never will. The job market is so dry here.

Gah. Anyone have any magic advice?

HEY EVERYONE!!! i see everyones weekend went fairly well!

Krazy- hope you mom gets out of surgery soon and everything is well [big Grin]

SG- hope the job search goes well, dont have any advice for ya sorry [Frown] maybe the company WILL call you back, i'll keep my fingers crossed

My weekend was good!

first i went to that hunter/jumper show where i saw a grey arab flip nearly flip over on its back because of its riders lovely hands [Roll Eyes]

it quite amazing to she a 9 year old girl competeing in 3"-3'3" JUMPERS and winning grand campeion on her litte 15 hand horse!! She was so little and had like perfect form, i was absolutley amazed and wanted her autograph. her horse was so call and just galloped around claering fences, just AMAZING!!!

Then was the barn party, haha i should of brought my camera!!!

My trainer had umm.. 10 to many screwdrivers and was dancing in the bed of a pick up truck to Guns N' Roses "welcome to the jungle", shes a real medal head [big Grin]

BTW i guess i should be calling her my x-trainer because i am now taking lessons off of a local dressage trainer who has competed at 4th level, she is very very good and the one women at the new barn takes lessons from her and she is soo good!! total dressage [Yay] i can even start taking lessons now at my current barn, i just have to wait for Gatsby to be rideable again. i sent his x-rays and scans to OSU so we're just waiting for a reply. So all is well!!

Happy Monday!!!!

(lol, i'm so happy today for no apperent reason [Roll Eyes] , o well i'm aloud to go goofy once in a while [Crazy] )

BQD, your trainer sounds like she's related to Tadd. When he got drunk for the first time he was rocking out to Welcome to the Jungle as well [ROTFL] Later that night he was worshipping the porcelain gods and telling me that he'll NEVER do that again and that he loved me for taking him home [Razz]

Thanks for the comments on the Kitty. He has now been named Patch (named while I was out by Tadd.) And despite what you may thing, no it's not because the little patch on his nose. It's because he looks like he has an eyepatch, and Tadd is a comic book nerd. He has decided that Patch has an attitude like Wolverine, and in older comics, Wolverine wore an eyepatch and was called "Patch" hence the name. Little bugger has been attacking me since I got home, note to self: I work with rats/gerbils/mice shower immediately upon coming home.

That sounds like a wise decision SG! I'll cross my fingers something good will come your way [Angel] Now where was this crazy hotel at???

Prayers that you mom recoveries quickly KrazyTB! [Angel]

awwwww 'lil kitty Inky!

BQD [Eek!] is all I have to say about that

krazy - glad the wedding went well

SG - have you considered giving lessons?

my back was awful this weekend - so I didn't ride. I went today instead for 3 hours.. a decent, but not spectacular ride, probably won't do it again.... I always find it hard riding other people's horses - on the one hand it is nice to be trusted, and marvellous to actually have horses to borrow at the drop of a hat - but..... I dunno... I find it easy to forgive/work with my own horses faults, but find I have little patience with those not my own. At any rate, it was a pretty ride, lots of nice views - a bit steep to begin and end, but good fall colors and beautiful fall weather.

my 'girl' came running over when I bought the trailer back. She stared over the fence, wanting to know why I didn't take her...... I pretty much broke down. Honestly - I need to pull myself together and stop anthropomorphising - she probabaly just wanted to be fed LOL

[smiley Wavey]

glad you had a nice ride today! i miss trail riding, its been awhile! Hopefully next season Gatsby will be ready to "hit the trails". Hope you back doesnt borther you so you can ride more!!! Theres no pretty fall leaves here [Frown] its was below freezing last week and today its back up to 80! this crazy weather isnt makin for a pretty scenery.

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

Now where was this crazy hotel at???

In some crazy little town named Cecil with I swear about 10 people living in it. The only thing there besides the hotel was a gas station and two very small restaurants. Nothing there was even advanced enough to take a credit card. Cash only please. It was like going back in time. lol.

Shantel, how is your mom?

Inky, how's the new kitty?

Inky – CUTE kitty!! Better watch out with all those nice rodent and fish smells all over you. Patch will make short work of you!!

SG – Sorry the cable company job didn’t work out, but for $2 more an hour, definitely not worth it with gas prices the way they are. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Looks like I’m going to start hunting around for another job as well. I’m ready to see what else is out there. I’m becoming strongly disillusioned with mine. Being overworked and underappreciated isn’t cutting it for me any longer for some odd reason. Go figure. Can’t hurt to look.

Shantel – Glad to hear the wedding was a success. Hope your Mom’s surgery goes well.

BQD – the barn party sounds interesting just as you predicted. Glad to hear you found a new trainer. She sounds great. Can’t wait until you can move into the new barn as well. Then all you need is Gats to be better and things will be PERFECT!!!

Leoned – sorry to hear about the back pain. Mine has been hurting recently due to all the moving, but nothing long term. I can’t imagine long term or regular back/severe back pain. Glad to hear that you get a nice ride in though. Sounds lovely even if it wasn’t on your own horse.

~Shelly~

Smithereens, I have to watch out for EVERYTHING! Including MY food [Eek!][bang Head][bang Head] I NEVER thought a cat could possibly be a worse beggar than Chloe. Heck I never thought ANY being could be worse (or better? ) at begging than Chloe. But nooooo, instead of just looking on and drooling like Chloe does, Patch LAUNCHES HIMSELF INTO THE BOWL OR PLATE [Eek!] I almost found a kitty diving in headfirst into my pumpkin ice cream yesterdya, and Tadd tried to pull him off of me and he was clinging on for dear life trying to get to the ice cream. Now I'm eating left over Chinese and batting the **** thing off left and right every other minute [Crazy] And he's been eating both the cat and dog food all day [Razz]