Sign in to follow this  
BisQuickDoc

YEAH HOO!!! i gots great news!!!(VET NEWS)

-

i found a boarding barn [Yay] its 15 mins from my house!!!! yeah!!! its has a huge indoor and nice outdoor and is a BEAUTIFUL setup!!! Guess what my fellow Pa friends its IDLE CREEK!!!! you see the women the women who boards at my barn(has 3 horses there) boards her dressage stallion at idle creek! well when i called before the women said there was no work off option, well tonight this friend of mine comes out with her boyfriend and they like grab me and drag me away to the parking lot. he says "good thing we like you", "what?" i said, "if you were serious about the phone call you made a week ago pack your bags", it took me a minute to figured out what he was talking about, idle creek!! "theres no way" i said "board is almost $400 dollars i cant afford it". they laughed "oh yes you can shes offering you a job" [Yay][Yay][Yay]

i was so amazed and excited!! i hope it all works out!! My mom is all for it!! shes actually kinda pushing for it so we save in gas! its 10 miles closers than our other barn!! [Eek!]

i'm calling her tomarrow!

-

oh, and btw i talked to fox run today and tomarrow we going there and one of the other women vets(very nice) is going to explain EVERYTHING so i'll def. have complete details tomarrow yeah!!! [Yay]

[ 09-23-2005, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

Thats awesome! I know you are going to see a wonderful change in Gats and your riding and relationship with him by being in a better environment with good training once he gets better!

Yay for you!! [Yay] Isn't it great to have your horse closer?

On a side note--

You pay $400 a month to board?? Whoa. I must be stealing my stall and pasture. Its only about $65. Nice round pen, arena, pastures, a couple of wash racks, ect. Hmmmmm [Question]

That's the best news I've heard in a while. A better barn (with a better trainer) a board workoff and an explanation from the vet.

Congratulations!!!!! It's about time things started going your way.

BQD, that is excellent news!! It is about time that things started turning around for you. Congrats. Let us know how things go at the new barn and at the vets office.

~Shelly~

look at all those funky smiles!!! i personally love this one that Rem sent me ---> -

LOL ok i'll have a better update tonight after the vets and maybe even about the boarding barn i'm gonna call right now!! [Yay]

ok so i went over EVERY single little details with the vet. SHE(a different vet from the first time but she also worked on gatsby) was so very nice. ok so with gatsby hocks they only wanted to inject them because they were a little tiny tiny bit hotter than what is normal, the said no big surprizes or anything they actually exspected alot worse because him being an OTTB. And with his stifle, the left side for some unknown reason isnt full developed and a little weaker than the right side. 1/2 treatment of shock wave will increase bone growth and should make it stronger, but she said good muscling will help a lot. Again NOTHING with his back or anything else, which was a big shock to her and us! still, GREAT news!! Gatsbys leg isnt going to fall of yet! YEAH!!! [Yay][big Grin]

let me get pics of the radiographs and scan, i'll post them.

BQD, I'm back!! Finally got moved and settled in and back on line, although it's only dial up right now, yuck, it's so sloooow, until my DSL modem comes in the mail. Anyway, I am so glad you are moving to a new barn. That is awesome news! Gatsby sounds like he is going to be just fine.

I moved my horse into a new barn here and on the 3rd day, when I got there at noon, he had not one single drop of water!!! [Eek!] By the 5th day, they had not even cleaned the stalls, not once! [Mad] I moved him the 6th day to a really nice barn with lots of dressage people and a dressage arena and a great instructor, so I'm told! I watched her ride and teach and she seems really good!

Once again, great news about you and Gatsby. Those radiographs pics are cool! [Cool]