Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Board's Chit Chat Thread Vol. 2

Oh dear, Inky. I hope they find your stuff! And I throw a fit when my magazines don't show up on time [Eek!]

smithereens that usually how my class is. I actually do like the class, makes me think. That particular class just rubbed me the wrong way. There were also some... not so bright comments from one of the students. I'm not sure if he was pretending to be an idiot or not.

I'm down to $33 in food for the term. And I think we have about 5 weeks left? Oops.

quote:

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff:

I'm down to $33 in food for the term. And I think we have about 5 weeks left? Oops.

HA!!! Welcome to college!!! Now THAT is a diet.

~Shelly~

quote:

Originally posted by smithereens_86:

quote:

HA!!! Welcome to college!!! Now THAT is a diet.

~Shelly~

Grilled cheese. You on the cafeteria credit plan? I hated that plan. Was on it my freshman year cause I didn't know any better.

I can add more money. I just don't know where it all went!

My roomie and I went to Freddy's to buy a ton of food. Mostly cereal and Ramen noodles. 10 cents a package, baby!

The food here is ridiculously expensive. Honestly, the dorms aren't the most economically friendly thing to do, contrary to popular belief.

I'm hoping to find a few roommates and then find a house to rent next year. Cheaper, more comfortable, and I can get my doggies back [Frown]

Nope not economically friendly at all, especially to the struggling college student. Here you paid $1,200 for the food plan. You got $600 of that to spend, the other $600 went to "overhead" [Roll Eyes] Tadd and I spend 20 dollars each a week when we go grocery shopping and just buy the essentials, save a lot more, and we've got quite the zoo in our place [Razz]

quote:

I got the 100th post!
[Yay]

Spaceman... I just noticied where you are from. HAHAHAHA Oh dear. What dorm are you in? Is Weatherford back open?

quote:

Originally posted by deequeue:

Inky I think you oughtta sic that beast on your mailman and UPS guy...
[Eek!]

Noooo, I want them to come to my door with my stuff though instead of running away with it! [Wink][Razz]

To alleviate any fears, this is what the overweight doofus typically looks like [Cool] :

-

-

quote:

Huh? Did you go here or something?

I *think* Weatherford is open. I'm in Wilson. Blehhh. I want Sackett.

Yes... I was there... ahem... a while ago. When Weatherford was open. It was the freak dorm. I lived there. [Eek!][Crazy][big Grin] That is where I met my hubby... They shut it down the year after we moved out because it was a health hazard.

Small world. If you are looking for a Part-time w/horses that won't interfere much with school... check to see if Carol Saslow is still a Pshyc Prof. She liked to use the students for cheap labor for her Morgan operation.

Well I got another call from UPS, they lost the Ipod somewhere around Seattle. [Roll Eyes] Figures, on it's last stop before it gets here it gets lost! So they're trying to hunt it down now and if they can't find it, they'll have the store file a claim. Sigh....

Inky, I had UPS recently deliver my new DSL modem, software and cables to my house. The UPS driver intelligently fed it to my dog! [Mad] Seriously, we had just moved in and the back yard fence was not up yet, so the dogs were in the front yard, which is fenced. The driver put the package over the fence and left it on the driveway. When I got home, the darling 10 month old Golden Retriever had had it for lunch! [Eek!] Then, since he had now developed a taste for wires, he got under my truck and chewed up the wires. Hubby fixes it. Dog does it again, only this time truck wouldn't start and I was leaving to take my son to school. The bus had already come and gone! [Duh] Fortunately we now have the back yard fenced and dog proofed! [Crazy] Then UPS calls me and wants to know what the problem with the package was???? [ROTFL][Question]

Oh my goodness Dawn! She still works here! I found her on the website.

Think you could PM me your name so I can use you for... a reference or something? LOL. How far is her barn from campus? Does it have a name?

Wow this thread moves quickly!

I have been getting ready for a show tomorrow. Just a small schooling show. We will probably only do walk-trot as I have barely ridden in the last month and some issues came up to the right tonight when I rode. But we'll see. My husband's cousin's three year old (kid, not horse) is also going to ride in leadline on her buckskin pony, Miss Kitty. They just got a new english saddle and bridle and they are WAY TOO CUTE all dressed up!

Inky I love your dog! He's so cute!

[big Grin]

hey guys i finally got that book "cross trainer your horse with simple dressage" or whatever the title it, i really like it! [Jump] the only thing i hate is that everything i want to read about seems to be in book 2 like "on the bit" and ect. She does however go over it lightly. But i do really like the book! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by BisQuickDoc:

Boocoo dont you have a show this weekend too?
[Question]

No, it's Nov. 13th! [smile]

oh ok!! [big Grin]

Today is the dressage clinic with that AMAZING trainer [Jump] i'm going in 2 weeks (november 12) with gatsby! Today my trainer is going with 2 horses and then next weekend shes going with legends her stallion!! [Yay] i can wait to see the clinic today! i'm so excited!!

quote:

Originally posted by BisQuickDoc:

hey guys i finally got that book "cross trainer your horse with simple dressage" or whatever the title it, i really like it!
[Jump]
the only thing i hate is that everything i want to read about seems to be in book 2 like "on the bit" and ect. She does however go over it lightly. But i do really like the book!
[big Grin]

Cross Training with Dressage? I LOVE that book! I got it for my birthday... or was it graduation? [Question] Pretty much the best explanation on riding ever. I love it, I recommend it to everybody.

Well we had a good show today. Especially considering how LITTLE I have ridden lately. No "good" ribbons, but he was better than last time and that's what matters! He was excellent outside in the warm-up area (there were no other horses which helped...he likes to be alone). In the indoor, he was fast, mouthy and strong. Especially when the guy would pass us clucking at his horse every stride. Seamus was like, "what!!!! I'm trotting already!" and just got worse. I finally managed to keep Seamus away from "clucking guy" and he did settle down a bit. He gets so nervous around other horses being ridden. He is fine with other horses, but if there's a person on their back he gets all weird. [Roll Eyes] He started to settle down towards the end, but he still had his moments.

THe good thing is, six months ago he would have been nervous the entire time. Today he was only nervous in the indoor with the other horses (oh and the people in the stands are highly worrisome also). So, I think he definetly prefers more "solo" sports, like dressage and jumping. But he is getting better and I can see a significant improvement in his attitude/demeanor/performance, so I know we are on the right track!

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

I think I'm going to cry
[Me Cry]
I completely forgot about the time change, and saw someone else mention it, so I got to work at hour early, 7 am instead of 8
[Me Cry][Crazy]

Oooh I've done that before. Except no time change. I just thought I had the early shift haha.

I hate daylight savings changes. I think they are so stupid! [Mad] I lived in Arizona for ever and ever and ever and we did not change our clocks there, then we moved to various other places and they all change. We forgot to change ours until we woke up this a.m., but since the clock said 6:30, it was really 5:30, so we went back to bed for a a couple more hours!! That was the only good thing! [big Grin]