Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Chit Chat Thread Vol. 3

Fear Them All, it's a custommad Fieldcrest and I'll definately send you guys some good vibes providing you share the piccies [Razz]

SG big old ditto to Remmie. [Huggy] I hope this last interview pays out well to you.

Smithereens, good luck with your new saddle, I hope it fits. Inky's been a pain in the butt with saddles, everytime I got a new saddle he went and grew some more [Roll Eyes] At least he's done growing up and filling out now! Sounds like a good idea to be cross train Raz too, and I know what it's like to have too much saddle flap for your leg. Hence why my recent saddles have all been short flapped [Razz]

Boocoo, hope all goes well at the new stable with feed. We don't have too much of a problem with getting enough feed here, what we DO have a problem with is boarders stealing other people's feed [Mad]

Completely unrelated to anything anyone is talking about other than being job related... but today, my job SUCKS. [bang Head]

I work for unappreciative MORONS. MORONS I say.

I get told TODAY that I have to support a software deployment this weekedn. At 3:00 in the MORNING. UGH UGH UGH UGH. So, since I live 48 miles away from work (not many people beat me on having a hideous commute) I get to get my butt out of bed at 1:45am and drag *** into the office so that I can tell some idiots if they did their job right or not.

To top it off.... they are training me on the software that I will be testing today. I used it once, about 9 months ago... so not ONLY will it be at a completely STUPID time of day when I can't think, but it is also software that I have NO experience with. Then... when I am done... I get to drive home just in time to crawl back in bed about the time it is going to start getting light and all the animals are going to be going nuts. UGH UGH [bang Head]

The only saving grace is that since it is at such a RIDIDULOUS hour of the day... I won't have to deal with the nasty Dallas traffic.

[surrender][bang Head][surrender] I might be joining some of you on your job searches if they keep this up.

[ 11-04-2005, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: DawnC ]

Hey Dawn: That's because I wouldn't do it two days in a row. LOL!!!!

Have fun!!! If you want to move, you can have my job. [big Grin]

[ 11-04-2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Remmie ]

Well it's official . . . the pile of work sitting on my desk is now taller than I am when I am sitting at my desk. [surrender] One of the people I work for GLEEFULLY pointed that out to me today. The look I shot her sent her scurrying back to her office in a hurry.

~Shelly~

[bang Head][bang Head] This is why I need a second job and my saddle needs to sell. I think I'm going to go vomit now. We took the car into the shop yesterday because it was making an odd whistling noise. Tadd just called the mechanic back and his bearing is shot. Estimated cost? $450-500 [bang Head] We just paid $400.00 in vet bills, I just paid another $288.00 for a medical bill from APRIL that my insurance decided they didn't want to cover, even though they had said they would prior to getting it done. (Had a mole removed) Plus Chloe has to go back to the vet due to current bladder problems, Squatch and Patch go back to the vet on the 18th for follow up vaccinations, and I'm going to get killed soon for ER bills, medical tests, bloodwork, and two doctor's appointments. Not to mention rent and board is due, on top of electric/internet/phone bills. [Me Cry]-- Maybe I should be a bartender they make good wages. Too bad I'm horrible with people! [Razz]

[ 11-04-2005, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Geez jobs do suck. We just need to boycot jobs and live off the land. [Wink] haha right.

Well, I told them that I just couldnt do the job at the beach. Then I found out the job that I thought I would get decided to hire internally.

BUT yes, my friends, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

They said there is a customer service job that starts out paying $12-13.50/hr. The best part? Its like 5 mins up the road from me. And SOUTH not north. So when we move SOUTH in a few months, it wont be too bad.

The dark side to this light?

It doesnt start until the 28th. [surrender]

I need a job NOW. I have board due TODAY.

They said its common to get temp jobs for like 2-3 wks. So they are going to try to find me one until the other job opens up. I swear, this better work out. Something HAS to work out, right?

Oh well... off to go con my mom into getting some dinner. Im craving some Chili's!!

I was doing just FINE. Balancing everything. All bills sent all. I know I have a HUGE vet bill on the way at some point. Figure I will pay half when it comes in and half in a month. No problem. All of a sudden my bank account is negative $500. [Eek!] The vet's office randomly decided to do an auto-withdraw for the ENTIRE hock treatment all at once with no notice. HOLY COW!!! So none of the checks, including board, will clear now. [Duh] Great!! Had to dig into the secret stash from when I sold the Honda and deposit it into the bank ASAP to cover everything. I had HOPED to have that last until X-Mas shopping, but I guess not. So much for paying the hocks off in installments. [Roll Eyes]

~Shelly~

A brief Fessor update...

I spoke with the opthamologist earlier today. It was the classic good news, not so good news situation. The good news? Fessor appears to have some sight in his right eye, not just in the left. The bad news is that he *is* going to go blind in both eyes.

The plan for now is to get the inflammation in his eyes under control. That will both get him more comfortable and slow the progression. The vet was not optomistic about the idea of actually halting the progression for awhile. So, we'll start adjusting to me being his eyes. The vet did NOT tell me that we have to quit riding, or even to quit jumping! What she said was to pay attention to what he's telling you, and see what you are BOTH comfortable with.

Everyone at the barn has been VERY encouraging. Shocked, but encouraging. Fessor will be on some meds now to reduce the inflammation, and will have some maintenance meds for the rest of his life. On the schedule for now is Banamine paste, a steroid ointment, and an atropine ointment twice a day. After a week, we'll cut the Banamine to once a day. We are also going to get him some Gastro or Ulcer Guard as a preventative, since he'll be on the Banamine for awhile.

The trainer has an appointment at the clinic on Monday with another horse, so she will pick up Fessor then. So, my baby will be back home in a few days. He's still his sweet self. I am looking forward to having him home.

Glad to hear you got some encouraging news from the vet, Tracy. I'm sure you and Fessor will work out a whole new aspect to your partnership that will bring you even closer together. [Huggy]

~Shelly~

Wow Tracy. Im glad that even though its not GREAT news, its still not bad. I hope everything works out. You and Fessor will be fine. Give him hugs and carrots from us!

Wow. Look at that form!! Hes not even trying! And if he stopped, you wouldnt have to worry about flying off over his head! Def go check that one out!

Wow, I am off the computer for one day and look at all I miss!

Inky - Don't worry. Everything has a way of working out. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? [Huggy] Oh, and I love the h/j prospect. Love the knees!

[big Grin]

SG - Hang in there until after you have your second interview. Maybe you will get the job and not even have to worry about it!

OK, I know I am missing everybody else but I have a sick husband (very sick) that I need to take care of, so I will catch up with you later!

[Confused]

I am so stressed. The property taxes came, the car insurance came, the payment on the house loan went up, and boards due.

It was actually due the 1st. And we dont have it.

I have my HORSE up for sale. I have both saddles for sale. All 3 have been up since July. I cant give any of them away.

I have applied at COUNTLESS places. I have called and called and I cant pay someone to hire me.

Now, I try to get a credit card to at least get the minimum $500 limit so I can pay for board. I cant even get a credit card. I cant get a credit card where they will make a killing with 19.7%.

Do I have to go stand on the corner and do God knows what!? I have my old prom and bridesmaid dresses on consignment. Ive sold all extra horse stuff that I can. I havent purchased anything for myself in forever. I dont go out and do stuff unless Randy offers to pay. I can only wear 2 pairs of pants now b/c the rest of them are old and ripped or Ive gotten too fat for them. Do I go out and buy new clothes? No.

Why is it that every decision I make turn out to be the wrong one? I try to do whats best for my horse. I even try to get her a better owner. Nothings working.

I feel like I am about to throw up.

[surrender]

[ 11-04-2005, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

Smithereens, it's not so much that they are stingy with the hay, but that they have a guy feeding that doesn't know what the heck he is doing. He is very inconsistent. The sad thing is, it's a super nice stable and the dressage arena is to die for. On a good note, several boarders and our trainer, talked to the owner today and she apologized profusely and said she is on it, if he doesn't shape up she's shipping him out! [big Grin] And.... he has been feeding the heck out of my horse lately. I told him, I don't care if he has hay on the ground at the next feeding, feed him his full ration anyway. DO NOT CUT HIM BACK, until I tell you to! Hopefully he got that! [big Grin]

As for jobs??? I don't have one and don't intend on getting one. It would interfere with my horse life! [Razz] First time since I was 16, except for the first year my son was born, that I have not had to work and I am trying like **** to keep it that way! My hubby likes it to, cause not only is the house actually clean for once, dinner is ready when he gets home and he soooo deserves that, and I have already been to the barn during the day when my son is at school! Life is good! [Cool]

Krazy and Inky - I have so been there. I mean, no money and no way to pay the bills and more bills backing up everyday. I got a credit card to pay the bills (bad, BAD idea, avoid it if at all possible). The only thing I can say is, it will get better and things will smooth out. In fact, this is the first time in a long time (well, since I've been married, so about 5 years) where I finally feel like I see a light at the end of the tunnel. It may take awhile but things will work out. Krazy, can you lease Layla out? Or at least half lease? I did a half lease with my horse once to save some money. But then he ran away with her and scared her and it only lasted for one month. [Roll Eyes] Don't worry guys, you'll come out of it ok!

Yeh, I already leased her out. She ended up coming back in icky shape. Lost weight and muscle. It was more hassle than it was worth. The Moms and I talked and we straightened it out. I swear, God must love to me bless me with her as a mother.

quote:

Originally posted by KrazyTBMare:

I have applied at COUNTLESS places. I have called and called and I cant pay someone to hire me.

Hang in there Shantel. I know exactly how you are feeling, trust me. The job market is tight. It's not you, it's just the nature of things right now. Perhaps you could get something part-time until you find work. Even if it was minimum wage, some money is better than no money, and it's easier to find work when you already have work.

[Huggy]

[ 11-05-2005, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Hey guys, thanks for the advice about not telling my boss that I am looking for other work. I think I am too honest or something, at least for the business world. I just kills me when I feel like I am being sneaky. [Confused] So thank you.

At any rate, today is Saturday and my last day at the Pet Store. I also have to work at my nightmareish full-time job today. So, it will be a Saturday of working 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

My full-time job never told me that Saturdays would be required. I mentioned this and how I thought my position was misrepresented to a girl I work with and she said, "Oh yeah. It was. They do that to everyone. They just want a way to get people in here."

I was like, "oh. great."

[bang Head]

When did the world become so messed up?

Anyway, i'm not going to let this keep me down. My goal for tomorrow is to get at least 10 resumes out. Persistence is my goal.

Good for you SG, and I know exactly what you mean about being too honest sometimes, I'm the same way [Razz] Hope one of these resumes finally pays off for you.

Tracy, while it's not the best news you could get, it's still wonderful that the vet thinks he can lead a perfectly fine life without his vision [Huggy] Keep us updated on how he fares. [Angel]

At least I'm not alone in my vent [bang Head] Good luck Shantel and Smithereens, I'll be right there alongside you two trying to dig myself out of this hole! Why can't things ever happen spread out nicely over the year instead of BAM all in one month? I wanted to throw up yesterday too Shantel, I wish there was more out on the job market in my area, but I just have to live in a college town [Crazy]

It's that time of year again. [Frown] It's Dad's Weekend at WSU. To add insult to injury, Tadd has to work at Ferdinand's (the WSU creamery) today before the football game. One of the things his dad was looking most forward to Tadd's going to WSU was Dad's Weekend. Last night we went to dinner and it was bad. Surrounded by happys kids and happy dads. We had an hour wait (ending up being 2.5 hours) so we walked around the mall. Every Christmas, the family tradition would be to find a unique snow globe for his dad. We passed Hallmark and Tadd got all excited and said, "We need to look for snow globes!" Then his face fell when he remembered and said "Wait, there's no point anymore, he's dead" [Frown]

We kept bumping into people from his classes who kept asking "So did your dad come up for the weekend?" Each time he'd force a smile and said "Nope" At least no one asked why not.

All through dinner Tadd was reminscing about what he and his dad would have done for Dad's Weekend. He fell asleep crying and trying to hide it.

Today's going to be even worse while he serves a bunch of customers and their dads. Wish me luck in cheering him up afterwards [Frown]

That sounds rough, Inky. Remembering the good times can be bittersweet, but I can understand how seeing other students and their Dad's having a good time together would just be a painful reminder. If you can, give Tadd permission to grieve.

I just got back from a nice long hike hosted by the Sierra Club. I love having places to go where the dogs are welcome. But I'm not sure that I'll keep going. My younger dog (8 1/2 yrs old) has for the second time in three weeks come back limping on her left hind leg. She runs and jumps and swims and has a GREAT time off leash. But after she's still for awhile, she limps. Granted, last time it only took her about a day to recover. But she doesn't seem to be able to self regulate while out having fun. Hmmm, maybe next time we'll try leaving the leashes on and see if that helps. Otherwise, we'll have to stick to shorter walks on leash rather than the two hour long hikes off leash.

Tracy

Tracy, could you keep her on a leash for the hike and not shorten the distance? That way you could control her happiness and maybe she won't come back limping?

Question for everyone: Is it proper to send a thank you after being interviewed? I've heard both yes and no. And if it is, what would I write in the thank you note?

[ 11-05-2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Oh! Some good news! The PMU mare (Maizie) got her tail out of the air and stretched out a little. She has a long, flat-kneed stride and is WAY cuter than I thought. She has such a "hunter-y" way of going. She is going to be a lot of fun. I'll get more pics tomorrow. And Blossom is just going to be the sweetest, most gentle thing ever.

SG, well Im putting trust into the staffing agency. They told me its common for them to get 2-3wk long temp jobs, so they are going to try to get me one of those prior to the FT customer service job that starts on the 28th. My friend works with this same agency and always has jobs and good paying ones at that. So I trust them. Lets hope for once I am making the right decision.

I just got back from a Fall Festival. My friends church rents out the big "park" (really just a big outdoor space with a stage for events) and had a little fair. It was only $5 and had funnel cakes and boiled peanuts and rides and a little concert. It was fun. But about 30 mins ago, my cramps started, followed by the back pain, so we left. Just took an Ibuprofin about 5 mins ago, so praying it starts kicking in. Theyre not KILLER cramps yet but this is just the beginning.

Wow Inky. Poor Tadd. I cant imagine. Thats got to be rough. Just be there for him. You dont have to say anything. Sometimes the best help you can be is to be there to listen, a shoulder to cry on, and nothing else. Is this his first year without him? Poor thing. [Frown]

Well, Im going to go grab some dinner and probably go drop the board check off.

SG, I would write them a thank you email as well. Not too formal but still polite.

SG - ALWAYS write a thank you letter after an interview. You need to keep your name in front of them. "Thank you for taking the time to interview me. I really enjoyed the opportunity to get to know you and your company. I think I would be a good match for what your company is looking for at this time. I'm looking for to future chances to meet with you and get to know you and your company better. If you need to contact me, I can be reached at .. ." You get the idea.

Shantel - Glad to hear you Mom was able to help you out. That's what Moms are there for. I can't even tell you how many times my Mom has bailed me out. I am finally in a position that she doesn't have to do that any more, but it has taken me a LONG, LONG time to get here. You'll get there, too.

Inky - So sorry to hear about the rough weekend. Grieving is a long process. I just found out that my mom's best friend's husband dropped dead of a heart attack this weekend. He is in his 40's and has a 16yo son. I am know him and his family well. I used to babysit for his son. I am stunned. My mom is a basket case.

Wild Oaks - Glad to hear Maize is turning out to have such a nice trot. I had a feeling she would settle in and her gaits would change. Any donkey baby yet???

Who am I missing???

~Shelly~