Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Chit Chat Thread Vol. 3

Welcome to the boards! This is a great place to learn and chat about horses.

Deeque - Sorry about your show! Well, at least there's room for improvement, right? [Wink]

Tracy - Glad to hear Fessor is happy and home!

How's everyone else?

[Frown] My saddle didn't sell, the person needs a narrow twist. Dang it, that would have solved so many of my bills!! [bang Head][Razz] Oh well, not much I can do about it now other than try to find new places to list it, ugh. Hope your saddle sells Shantel! I know exactly how you feel about it [Razz]

Fear Them All, Buster's doing well as of last week...this past week between trips to the hospitals, the car being in the shop, disgusting weather, sick dog, and work/school, I haven't been able to get out all. My poor neglected beasties lol.

Tracy, glad to hear Fessor's home [Huggy] I'm sure both you and him are glad to have him back as well. I hope the opthamologist has some good news for you and him and your jumping career.

Okay well I'm in the middle of making chicken pot pie for dinner, so I must return to my cooking before I ruin it. Right now I'm just glad I'm using the stove and oven, keeps the house warmer!!!

Welcome.

Inky, sorry your saddle didnt sell. The first lady that was interested in mine now isnt so sure b/c she wants to try it out. I told her Ive done that before and would write up a contract so that if she returned it within 3 days she would get a refund or even set it up as an auction on ebay but I havent heard anything. But I did get another email from someone who sounds promising.. we'll see.

Went up to Kohls today with my mom. We got like 4 baby outfits. I thought I posted it but maybe not.

Im going to be an AUNT and will have a NEPHEW. Heh so we went and bought some baby outfits.

And some clothes for ourselves.... Mom got this offer if you opened up a charge card that you would save 10% plus like $50 off if you spend a certain amount. So we got some clothes. We are both saying how bad we are when we are already tight on money.. but Im hoping this saddle sells. And Im going to go in and interview with the HR lady at my chiro for a part time job. I hope it works out!

Welcome, pinto!

Ugh. My oldest sis tattled on me. I wanted to keep the whole IHSA thing secret for my parents for a bit, because they didn't want me joining anything because they think I'll fail all my classes or something [Roll Eyes] So I've been living on next to nothing to pay for it, until I can prove to them that I've gotten good grades despite being on IHSA.

Well last weekend we had a show near Canada, only a couple hours from Seattle. Since my sister is in the Seattle area, I invited her to come and she did. I KNOW I told her that I didn't want the 'rents to know.

BUUUT mommy just called saying "well Ann Marie said you were at a show in WA this weekend with the equestrian team. You never told me about joining that."

[Eek!] Be still, my heart. I thought she was going to say I couldn't do it.

But she didn't seem that mad, or at least she pretended not to be. She just wanted to know where I was going to be if I was going to go somewhere that far, no secrets, etc. I also told her how much it was costing. She's even sending me more money since I am now broke. Go figure.

Still. Looks like I can't trust my sister to keep her trap shut anymore. I don't think she did it on purpose, she is just a blabbermouth.

That stinks. At least mom didnt seem to upset and is even sending funds. Just know that you CAN do this and when the semisters over and you get those good grades, be sure to show your parents and also include that you did this WHILE on the team.

Welcome aboard, Pinto!! Nice to have another lover of "spots" on the board. [big Grin] My little spotted horse is not feeling so lonely any more.

Inky - Mmmm, chicken pot pie!!! What time is dinner??? Sorry to hear the saddle didn't sell.

Shantel - For a second there, I thought you were going to announce YOU were pregnant. I was like WHOA, what did *I* miss??? LOL!!! PHEW!! Glad to see I haven't been that asleep at the wheel here. Congrats on the soon to be Aunt status.

Spaceman - Heh, sorry to hear your sis tattled on your. I'm really starting to think I had it easy being an only child!!! [Wink] Glad to hear your mom wasn't too mad and is even sending you more $$$. That's great news. More $$ is always good.

~Shelly~

[ 11-10-2005, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: smithereens_86 ]

Thanks for the welcome! [smile] My little spotted horse really is little, 14.3 and built like a cowhorse too but she's willing to try anything. All I ever had growing up were bays, sorrels and chestnuts she's what I found when I went looking after my last horse went lame.

Bisquick, my last horse was an OTTB, I got him when he was five I rode him up until the age of 22 with no problems. He had a lot of go and was the best trail horse I've ever been on,well for me because I could stay on during the duck and spin he did when he was startled. We jumped, did english equitation, western and barrels when he was 15 (he finally learned her could run and turn then)

My 9 year old daughter has a little pinto pony and we have done many trails together. I'll try to dig up some pictures but will have to re-read the post on how to upload them. I'll try to catch up on the conversation after I finish some more work.

Welcome Pinto! [big Grin]

No time to respond to everyone right now, but I will try to catch up on all the goings on tomorrow.

Anyway, I've decided to give two weeks notice at my job. They are just irrational there (not turning on the heat/lights/etc) and basically just the whole situation. And things just keep getting worse. A girl I work with cut her finger real bad with a box cutter, and our boss got really angry and instead of helping her, turned her back on her and walked away. (I think the girl needs stitches.) And well, there's been worse.

The pet store wants me back and will give me full-time work and put me on the track to becoming a lead and moving up the management ladder if I choose. It will be a slight pay cut, but if things get tight, I can always donate plasma. Besides that, the flexible schedule at the pet store will allow me to go out and campaign for a career type job without having to worry about calling in sick. And, the pet store is well aware of my future career plans and is supportive of them.

That sounds like a really good idea and probably the best for you. I wouldnt want to work for a company that doesnt have the welfare of their employees at the top of their list. Good luck and keep us updated.

Still waiting to hear about the people interested in my saddle. We are desperate. I needed it sold 3 months ago!

I just got some video clips of this gelding Ive been looking at. I know, I know. Putting the cart before the horse with Layla not sold. But he just sounds so right for me. 16.2 big bodied chestnut TB gelding. Often thought to be a warmblood. Great first horse. Solid 3' h/j. Decent mover with VERY comfy gaits. Ah. I am in love. And the price is VERY right. Much cheaper than another gelding I was looking at, and hes only 7 as well.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Look at horses or tack or something thats for sale that we cant have? Its torture!

Haha KrazyTB I window shop all the time. But then it makes me sad to see all the nice horses slip through my fingers when I want them so bad.

Well I just sold my cheapie saddle-package-not-really-worth-anything saddle on eBay for 121 so there's some much needed extra cash in my pocket! I've been fighting off a NASTY headache for the past couple days so I haven't been posting much. Been spending most of it huddled in bed with a damp cloth popping Tylenol or when it got REALLY bad Vicodin [Crazy] Don't know what it is, but it's been going around the vivarium and several people in the building have gone home sick because of it. Definately not my idea of fun. But hey one thing after another right?

Glad to hear your parents weren't too upset about it Bonnie. Heck my parents don't even know about Buster [Embarrassed] I pay for it all myself though, they've been bugging me to sell Inky before I even had him home.

Sorry smithereens dinner was last night at 10 pm and it's all gone now! [Razz] Used a bit of the leftover chicken broth to "spice up" Squatch's food as he's been weaned onto a diet food and he's not taking to the idea of a diet very kindly. Keeps stealing out of Chloe's bowl [Roll Eyes] He was doing really well on losing weight then Chloe stopped eating for a bit and he stole all her food. Looks like a bloated blimp again.

Here's the thread with instructions on how to post pictures Pinto: http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...t=003061#000000 [smiley Wavey] Looking forward to seeing them!

SG that sounds like a wonderful deal for you. I'm glad it's starting to work itself out for you, even if it wasn't exactly the way you planned it.

I've gotten better about horse window shopping. I know that I have no time left for another horse and I have enough problems as it is! It's usually enough to keep me from even opening a horse classifieds site lol.

Well the "selling" has commenced somewhat on this end. Last night I decided any Christmas money/birthday money to be had will be put to sending Inky to a professional trainer for one-two months to begin his "campaign" to be sold. That extra time will be put into really getting Buster beginner proofed and ready for a new home. New Jersey is coming up faster than I expected [Eek!]

Tadd's planning on transferring to Joe Kubert's School of Cartooning and Graphic Arts which is located in Dover, NJ. I'll be graduating a semester after he leaves and joining him there [Razz] It's one of the only schools in the nation specifically geared to comic book art, which is what he's planning on doing. The teachers are artists from Marvel, DC, and other various comic book companies. Essentially, once you get out, your basically guaranteed a job due to all the connections you make and the techniques you learn.

[ 11-12-2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

I must have missed the part where you were going to be moving to NJ and selling Inky as well. [Confused]

Today I went down to the place I want to have my wedding reception. They had it set up for one that was going on this evening. So I went to see how it looked set up for a wedding.

It was really nice. I liked what they did and know that THIS is the place I will have mine. Here are a few pics.

The buffet table

-

One of the lights. It shows how they drape the ceiling with toule. I want white lights in the toule and Id like it a little wider in the strands.

-

One of the tables.

-

The cake table

-

I know I want a little more formal look and will have different colors than this wedding. And DEF chair covers! But I was very happy with what I saw. Now to just CHOOSE A DATE and make a deposit! LOL

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

Tadd's planning on transferring to Joe Kubert's School of Cartooning and Graphic Arts which is located in Dover, NJ. I'll be graduating a semester after he leaves and joining him there
[Razz]
It's one of the only schools in the nation specifically geared to comic book art, which is what he's planning on doing. The teachers are artists from Marvel, DC, and other various comic book companies. Essentially, once you get out, your basically guaranteed a job due to all the connections you make and the techniques you learn.

NOOOOO you can't move away! The northwest coast is the place to be!

Bee-utiful decorations, KrazyTB [bat Eyelashes]

He wants to do one more piece for his portfolio before he sends it in, we're fairly confident he'll get accepted, and if not, he'll keep working at his BFA here at WSU and continue to improve himself and continue to reapply at the school. [Wink] Here's what he has for his portfolio so far: Portfolio The guest password is Portfolio It's case sensitive so make sure you capitalize the P [Wink] Click on the album Portfolio Art

The first two drawings (Sasquatch and man with gun) are done in ink

The third drawing is done in India Ink and is about 3x5 feet

The fourth drawing, guy with the hatchet is also done in India Ink and is about 5.5x6 ft

The next two (hand and figure drawing) are done in pencil

King Kong is completely done in pencil believe it or not, he's 3x4.5 feet

Gas Mask scene is in pencil

Girl and the dragon is in ink

Raptors are pencil

All paintings are in acrylic, the one of me is on four 16 x 20 in canvases. And actually these three and another one are the only four times he's actually really painted [Razz]

[ 11-12-2005, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Oh you guys must go! He is very talented. Some of his ink drawings remind me of a G-rated Audrey Beardsley. Wonderful. Besides there's a lot of horses in N J. There's even Gladstone!

That's a beautiful place Shantel. [big Grin]

Inky, Tadd sounds like he has a fun career ahead of him.

It is super windy here. We have a wind advisory. It's crazy. The whole house is shaking and the trees look like they're going to fall over. It started yesterday, and when it began there was a heavy, pelting rain that went along with it. Of course when it started I was out at the barn working with Santanna.

Santanna's barn is in an area referred to as "the kettles" and whenever it's windy, it is a million times worse there due to the layout of the land.

We were in the indoor so we were dry but the noise was LOUD. My boy did good though. No spooks or anything. I was a proud momma. [big Grin]

Of course, now as i'm sitting here listening to the wind, I find myself wishing for snow. Then we'd be having a good old fashioned blizzard. [Razz]

Wow Inky. If he doesnt get accepted, I would like to see the work of those who do b/c he is just fantastic. The detail and scale and everything is just right on. Thats so awesome. Does he do horses? [Wink]

Went out to the barn this AM. Gave Sarah another lesson. Layla was a space cadet again. For some reason she was just so out there and getting herself worked up. So I went and grabbed the draw reins and she was great. They were loose and actually she stretched out and came onto the bit and was using that fanny. Sarah brought her digi cam and I got some fairly good pics. She went to the Jags game so Im hoping she will email them to me tonight.

So yeh, the Jags are playing the Ravens today. #2 defense but their offense sucks. I hope we win!

Nothing else really going on.

Gunna go watch the game....

There is a vet clinic the next town over that is hiring. All you need as a high school diploma. It's a full-time position with benefits. I'm driving over to apply tomorrow. Wouldn't that be perfect?????

[big Grin] Good luck with that SG! I used to work as a vet assistant back in Alaska for a nearby vet clinic. It's a bit of a glorified janitorial job, but you get the perks of being with animals and treating them along the way as well, I found it a lot of fun. Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks for the compliments on Tadd's art [big Grin] I'm very proud of him [Razz] Shantel he has yet to do a horse. He'll do it if he's paid he says, but otherwise he doesn't want to do horses on his own time unless he gets to do something "really cool and original" with them because he hates doing things that he thinks are "cliche" when he could be coming up with his own stuff [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

It's a bit of a glorified janitorial job

Yep, the janitorial parts of the job were described pretty clearly in the job description. But cleaning up after animals and medical related animal stuff doesn't bother me. Besides, I figure that every job has its bad days, but being passionate about what you do helps make those bad days worth it. And, animals are the only thing i'm really passionate about. So I know that somehow that is where my career must be. So, hopefully this works out.

SG that sounds exciting! I hope it works out for you.

Inky I can't get the portfolio to work. [Frown]

Boocoo how did your show go?

I spent about 8 HOURS this weekend working in the barn(s), getting everything cleaned (and still not done). Since I've been working, it's like there is no time to get things done around here. If I can get a couple of boarders and some students, I won't have to work next year. I guess I should start advertising.

Wow, Inky. Tad is very talented indeed! My son loves the Raptors and Kink Kong of course!! I think they are all amazing!! Best of luck to him.

SG, hope the job situation is working out.

Krazy, I like that wedding place. I have a friend getting married next spring and so I am helping her with all that stuff to. It's fun!

Well I ended up watching the game (in which we SLAUGHTERED the Ravens! YAYYYY 30 to 3! and they had the #2 defense!) and fell alseep on the couch. I ended up going to bed early and slept until 3:45 AM. So Im UP.

Still waiting on my friend to email me the pics from the ride yesterday. Ill be sure to post them when I get them.

Gotta call the temp agency today and find out whats going on and then the chiro at 3. Hopefully Sarah and I are going to go out and ride today. If not, Ill just go by myself. I started on Laylas mane again. Got the top 3rd pulled. Thank God its not hard to pull! But I let it get a little long... Ok a LOT long and its thick but its easy to pull LOL

I also got 2 inquires about Layla last night. Maybe something will pan out?? We'll see.

Off to go throw some clothes in the washer...