Sign in to follow this  

YOUR GUYS FIRST DRESSAGE SHOW?

Hey did any of you guys place at your very first dressage show?

Im just wondering if you guys did because I did and i think thats kinda weird..i got a 4th in intro A, 3rd in intro B, and a 5th in training A. My fith place i learned the test the day before and had never actuly rode it. My horse has never been to a trainer in any way, and when i bought her five years ago, all she did was trail.. Are we just lucky and is she a fast learner. And she is the only horse i have ever had. I have never had a lesson with a real trianer. It just seems so wierd to me. [Confused][Question]

You think its wrid i thinks it great! [big Grin]

Sound like you did a wonderful job!

umm.. my first show i went in the ring my horse flipped so i got off at walked him out of the ring [ROTFL] i can laugh about it now!

o'well thats what i get for taking a OTTB to a show 3 months off the track [Crazy][surrender]

I placed 5th in First Level Test 2 and 1st in First Level Test 1 at my first show with my horse. It was his first show ever. I had had only one year, and he was a western pleasure trail horse when I got him. Like your horse, my horse has never been to a trainer either. So no, it is not weird to place your first time out (even given the circumstances you presented). Sounds like you worked hard and did well. Congratulations!!

~Shelly~

We got 2nd in Intro A at our very first show and 1st in Intro A at our very 2nd show. My horse had run on the track and then I ran barrels on him prior to this last 11 months. He is only in his first year of dressage and doing great at it and we both really enjoy it!

Well, I placed at my first dressage show. I think it was a 2nd in the Training B Jr and a 3rd in the Training C Open. Then again, I think both the classes only had maybe 5 of 6 people in them! [big Grin]

But I was happy. My horse kept spooking at all the corners and didnt want to be near the rail as they had done an extravagent job with all the flowers. I thought it looked gaudy, but I guess it was a good test to see how quiet the horse was. It was pretty funny!

But good job on your first show! Looks like you did awesome [Yay]

we;ll at my 1st dressage show, it was a pc rally right after i joined, i was unrated so i had to intro a and b

something happened and i ended taking one of the horses my trainer had in training......... that i had only ridden like 4 times at the most

We ended up jumping out of the arenai cried

and i ended up in 3rd outa 3! lol

At my first ever dressage show( and also my first show ever!!) I was showing my teachers horse who hadnt been to a show in years and was extremley wild and out of control (couldnt get him to stand still long enough to get the saddle on, then he tried to buck me off) I was a nervous wreck and I forgot my first test (Intro B) and started amelously wandering around the arena! I was SO embarresed and upset then, but I can laugh about it now! lol [big Grin] Good job at your first dressage show though!!!!! That is really awesome! i think I just have to learn the hard way at shows! At my first hunter/jumper show I fell off 3 STINKIN TIMES!!!!!! LOL !!!!!! [Eek!] First my horse was acting like a jerk and I was trying to work with him in the warm up arena, but he BOLTED and threw me, then I was riding my teachers horse( same one as at the dressage show, but he had been to a bunch more shows between those two shows, so he was alot better!)in 4 hunter jumper courses (18 inch and 2 foot jumps) We had schooled there the night before and I was jumping 2ft, 6in. with no problem(I like to jump below what I can really do at shows.) Then the day of the show, i did my 2 18 in. courses w/ no problem ( I got 5th place in Equitation over fences)

Then I did my first 2 foot course and got 3rd place!!!! [Jump] I was sooooo happy! Then my second 2 foot course had this really tough turn-- you had to come off one jump and in about 2 or 3 strides you would run into the arena fence so you had to turn real quick to get to the jump right next to the one you just came off of. Well, we came off the jump and I thought he was going to listen to me and turn--but he didnt and quickly ducked out the other way-- and I fell off.. and slammed very hard into the arena fence *sigh [Duh] Well I was very embarresed and upset I fell off so I jumped back on and circled him around to do it agian-- well I was frustrated and instead of collecting him pushed him faster and harder and much to my great embarresment the EXACT same thing happened AGAIN!!!!!!! [Embarrassed]

So, ya, it was pretty funny though!! LOL

Sorry this is sooo long.. but I am pretty entertaining to watch at shows, I am forever messing up.... [Roll Eyes] I sure do have fun though!!! [Yay] Good job on your show!! you are off to a great start! [Wink]

My first dressage test was Intro 1, and I was 10 years old on my Welsh Pony Mare, who was only 3 years old. We placed 4th out of 13, and I was just happy that I remembered the test! LOL!! I got told by a trainer that I rode it like a reining pattern. That was about 10 years ago, and I still look back and laugh!! We all learn and make mistakes, that is what makes us better!!

My first dressage test I did was at a Pony Club rally (3 phase), and our team got 3rd overall. And it was the walk/trot intro B test.

But, our first dressage show (not event), we got 2nd and 3rd, at Novice C and D tests. I was happy with Skippy; it was his first dressage show too! (He previously did w/p)

My horse's first dressage test he wouldn't go in the ring. At all. When the rider finally beat him in, she couldn't halt. She never got past the salute. And on his courtesy circle he broke the ring. And he was convinced the trailer would eat him.

SOunds like you did great.

It's not so much the placings that matter, it's the placings considering the competition. And of course the score you got matters more than anything!

Since I don't actually show dressage, I'll use western pleasure as an example. At a small open show, I would be pretty unhappy with a placing of 10th. But if I placed 10th at the world show or congress, that would officially make me a phenom, LOL.

Glad to hear you did well, but keep in mind it's more important to know you did well yourself rather than worrying about what placing you get.