Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Chit Chat Thread Vol. 4

Anything non dressage related can go here, as I'm trying to keep the rest of the dressage board, dressage related.

This means if you are talking about a great dressage ride, different dressage techniques, equitation, dressage saddles, etc. please post a new thread on the dressage forum itself to keep it lively [Wink] This thread will be specifically for other disciplines of horseback riding, perhaps throw in some h/j, wp, trail riding etc. stories, horse health if need be, personal account, and whatever else you feel like posting. Please keep some common sense about when posting comments as to not blatantly offend another, and please keep the HC Golden Rules in mind.

That being said if you have a thread deleted, and it wasn't because it was getting out of hand, check here first or check to see if it was moved to a more appropriate forum, I'll always PM to let you know what happened to the thread unless it got lost beyond my knowledge or the Admin deleted it. [Wink] HTTY and enjoy!

This is why Tadd shouldn't leave me alone by myself on weekends [big Grin]

-

Neener Neener - to the dogs. Not more kitty crunchies for them to breath on me and smear all over my unsuspecting face! [big Grin] The hole is just big enough for Patch (and I can widen it as he grows) but way too small for Squatch or Chloe to get their noses through. The edges have all been rounded and smoothed off, and it took me over an hour due to some really CRAPPY tools [big Grin] I was originally cleaning the house, and started cleaning the litter box and went hmmm. So as you can see I manage to put off another hour of cleaning house lol

[ 12-03-2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Ohhh. Very creative Inky. [Jump]

I should take a picture of what creativity does to a home made guinea pig cage one of the days. mwahhaha. [Crazy]

Well, you're in luck Inky. I just took some pictures of Santanna this afternoon at the barn!

Santanna standing next to his pasture buddy, Merlin. Santanna irritates the heck out of Merlin most of the time. I don't think he realizes that Merlin is 10 times his size.

-

I brought the camera out because I purchased Santanna a new blanket, since him and Merlin decided to mutilate the one he is wearing in the above picture. They ripped large holes on the top and back and found it fun to pull the stuffing out. Hopefully this one stays together a little longer.

Santanna and his new blanket:

-

No riding pictures right now. Santanna is still rehabbing from his injury, so we're not doing too much. When we're both back up to speed I'll post some pictures of us working. Santanna has some lovely lateral work.

But, there you go. That's my baby. My beautiful grade POA. I love him with all my heart!!! [big Grin]

[ 12-03-2005, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Oh, and in case anyone is questioning why Santanna has a halter on in turn out...it is because he is an escape artist and at his last barn got out frequently and went galavanting through the state park on more than one occasion, and if you don't have a halter to grab on to and you're not me, he's hard to catch.

He hasn't escaped from my trainer's yet, so it may soon be time to take that halter off.

[ 12-03-2005, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

When I saw the locked thread I wondered what excitement I missed. I'm glad to see there were no dramatics without me. [smile] Here's a picture of Fessor and me from earlier today. Enjoy!

-

Tracy

Aww he's a cutie SG [big Grin] I'll cross my fingers that your blanket will last this time around. After the fourth blanket was destroyed, I gave up on Inky lol.

Love the picture of you and Fess Tracy [big Grin] Was your sweater supposed to be festive, with the upcoming holidays, or was that purely by chance? [Razz]

I was thinking about using some pics from today for holiday photos. But I'm not quite satisfied with how they came out. I need to go earlier tomorrow with different lighting and find a better background. But I probably WILL keep the nice bright red sweater. I received several compliments on the color for me... Earlier morning light will hopefully bring out the bloom in Fessor's coat better. We'll see who I can con into taking photos for me tomorrow. Hopefully ONE of these days I'll find someone to take under saddle pictures of us.

Tracy

Oh, COOL! I just looked up the forecast for tomorrow. It looks like we are expecting snow tomorrow. I hope we can get pics of us with a nice snowy background. Now if I can just arrange for us to get a couple inches of snow, then sunshine!

Tracy

Thanks, Meghan. Fessor is a dog in a horse's body. He wants LOTS of attention and loves having his ears scratched. He'll stand and lean into my hard brush for five minutes if I keep rubbing his ears with it... Silly boy!

Tracy

Yes yes Tracy, a snowy background next to a nice large tree with your red sweater and maybe a red wreath or ribbon type thing around Fessor's neck [big Grin] Or if you really wanted to put out effort, braids with red and green yarn [big Grin]

SG, your horse has the sweetest, prettiest head. I love his nose. What an adorable horse. Can we see a picture without the blanket on please? Oh pretty please? Oh pretty please with a carrot on top for Santana? [big Grin]

Tracy, Fessor is an attractive horse. What breed is he?

Inky--my dogs have to be shut out of the room where we keep the kitty toi-toi. My hubby refers to their Tootsie Roll treats... [Razz][Wink] and how it grosses both of us out...

SG--nice horses. They still look cold though, actually anything would look cold in weather like that...sorry, I'm just too much of a California girl I guess [big Grin]

TA--Fessor's a good looking boy.

And now to bed...enough playing on the stupid computer. [smiley Wavey]

Boocoo, Fessor is a breeding stock paint. [smile] Of course, his only white is the roaning and his star, stripe, and snip. Fortunately for my shortish leg, he's built a lot like an appendix.

Looks like we do have a little snow this morning. Hopefully we'll get a bit more this morning so we can get a few (more) pictures.

Tracy

quote:

Originally posted by Boocoo:

SG, your horse has the sweetest, prettiest head. I love his nose. What an adorable horse. Can we see a picture without the blanket on please? Oh pretty please? Oh pretty please with a carrot on top for Santana?
[big Grin]

Why thank you.

[big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

I think he's pretty nice myself.

Although, everyone at my old barn told me he was ugly...so ugly that I better not ever take him to a show. I don't see an ounce of ugliness in my boy. [Confused] But, i'm biased.

I will try to get a blanketless picture of him today. Just be aware that he is quite fat and lacking muscle right now. [Embarrassed]

[ 12-04-2005, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Luv - good luck selling Alibi. Clean her up the best you can, but a prospective buyer should be able to look past the mohawk!!

DQ - Hope the leaser has seen the light and decided to lease Pokey afterall. Sounds like a really good deal you are offering her.

SG - I LOVE Santanna!! He is adorable, and whoever told you he was ugly is dead wrong. He would look cute as a button in the show ring!!

Tracy - I LOVE Fessor's roaning. Too pretty!! He is gorgeous. Love the red sweater on you as well.

Inky - Very clever with the litter box!!!

Speaking of snow, we were going to let George drive on the road for the first time today (he just got his permit last week, and we have been taking him driving every night in a large empty parking lot to practice), but unfortunately for him, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!! Poor George!! I would feel really bad, excepppppptttt, shhhhhhh, DON'T TELL JACK, buuuuttttt, last night was my first night taking George driving, and he was doing GREAT!!! He is absolutely ready to drive on the road, so against Jack's strict instructions NOT to let him on the road, I let him drive half of the mile and a half home from the parking lot. SHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't tell!!!! I'd be in so much trouble!!! He did perfect. He was so excited to have finally driven on the road. I would have let him drive all the way home, but his younger brother would have seen us pull into the driveway and would have tattled on us. [Wink]

~Shelly~

[ 12-04-2005, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: smithereens_86 ]

As long as we are posting pics, here is Raz modeling his new browband - a little dark because I took it the other night in the barn with my digital, but you have to take what you can get from me in the winter!!! [Razz]

-

I have some riding pics as well from the same night, but they are so horribly dark, I'm debating whether they are even worth posting at all, but they are probably the best you are going to get until spring/summer rolls around again. I also had some very dark video clips that I uploaded to putfile, but I can't seem to get them to work. Hmmm . . . still working on that. [Confused]

~Shelly~

[ 12-04-2005, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: smithereens_86 ]

Well we finally found another barn, and this one has.... ELECTRICITY! And let me tell you, the lack of anti-christ animals is a big boost! We are renting out the whole barn - it has 5 stables (we are going to use one for cross ties), tack room and store barn, but they are all huge! Running water (with no geese to bath in them... bliss!) to all fields, trailer parking and nice neighbours. All for the price we were paying for no electricity and evil animals! Sooo.... can you guess whats been going through my mind?! Yep, you guessed it! The possibility for another ponpon is on the horizon - Ill keep you posted on that though.

On another note, we went up to the barn the other morning and the place was FLOODED! Why you ask? Becuase the idiot that built the barn didnt make the doors go down to the bottom, and made a dip in the concrete... aghh! lol

Anyway-

Inky - Nice.... errrr.... toilet chamber?! Lol!! Make sure you put a newspaper in there for him to read!

SG - So nice to be able to see pics of the crazy pony... errr Santanna! Lol, hes a cutie... I think blue is his colour!

Tracy - Fessor is gorgeous; I would never have expected him to breed stock! More like a TB x ID!

Smithereens - I love the blingin' browband! It really suits him!

Hey guys. Im back. I cant check the last thread b/c HC keeps giving me an error about disk space on the HC server and wont open the dressage forum.

Im back from Tampa. Yes, Tampa, not Naples.

In a nut shell, at 6:15 yesterday evening, Prado's owner called to inform me that 2 people came to see him that day and BOTH left deposits. One had a vet check scheduled for Tuesday. If I could offer the same amount they did and hav

We got a few more pictures today, including two that are Christmas card material. [smile]

-

-

[ 12-04-2005, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: TracyA ]

Thanks, Inky. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having a hard time getting posts to go through on the H/J board.

I think I may have copies of both pics made to include with my cards this year. I was so happy with how the pictures came out to call home and tell my parents to check their email. [smile]

Tracy

Well I have a good story!

It was my fifth wedding anniversary yesterday (the 3rd). Weellll...my wonderful husband got me the best present ever. EVER. HE BOUGHT ME A PONY!!! Not just any pony, but my favorite pony in the whole world that I have had in my care (but not owned) for about a year and a half now. He bought me Seamus!! [Jump][Jump]

When I lived in CA I taught riding lessons, and one of my clients bought this imported Connemara pony named Seamus without me knowing. I literally drove by their house one day and saw a new horse in the front yard! Turned out he was a lot more than they bargained for, but I got along with him very well. Well, they were having soem serious issues with him, and when I moved I told them they could send him to Texas with me for a year and I could ride him and work with him and in a year send him back. He has been here for a year and a half now and has been my pride and joy. I love this pony so much. They extended his stay another 6 months, and this month he has been here for 1 1/2 years. I have been afraid that they would want him back all along and in my heart just dreading the day they called and said they would be taking him back (they really love him and only want the best for him). When he first came, my husband couldn't even pet him. Now he can approach him in his stall and Seamus will take treats from him. Seamus has mellowed out a little and I have really bonded with him.

My husband is NOT a horse person. He complains constantly about how much they cost and is always telling me that we are not getting any more horses and has told me we can't have ANY more horses on the property, even if they don't belong to us.

Yesterday we went to a fancy hotel and restaurant in Dallas, and as soon as we got there he gave me a box. I opened it and found a sign he made that had a picture of Seamus and said "SEAMUS is now owned by Wild Oaks Farm (Happy Anniversary, Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year)." There was a white Breyer wrapped in a red ribbon and all of the email correspondence he has had with his owners (old owners! [big Grin] ). I have never cried before from a present, but I burst into tears. I was so thrilled about it all and touched that he would do something like that for me. He said he could tell that Seamus is a special pony for me and he knows how much I love him. Oh my gosh I cried and cried! Tears of joy!

So anyway, I had to share my weekend and brag on my husband. For those of you who don't know Seamus I will post some pics of him on here in a few minutes (need to upload them to photobucket first).