Sign in to follow this  
roselanesaddlebred

Would this horse be dressage-suitable???

This picture is from when he was 2 1/2 years old.

-

He's a Half Arabian gelding (also registered with IAHA) measuring about 16 hands. He's naturally collected, and was going to be used as a trail horse, but the owners decided he was too much horse for them. He's currently being trained by a professional trainer. He's about 5 years old and will be 6 in April of next year. Please let me know your opinions, I would love to buy him and ride him as a dressage horse.

(I'm more of a hunter/saddleseat rider, and I know a little about riding dressage)

P.S: I'm considering dressage lessons

[ 12-11-2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: roselanesaddlebred ]

Any horse, of any any breed and any age can do dressage. It is one of the best disciplines for the horse IMHO because it works all of the joints and muscles and makes the horses use their minds in a wonderful way! There isn't a way to tell what level he could go too; you would just have to see how he would do at each level! I hope this works out for you, and lessons would be a great thing!

All horses benefit from basic dressage. How far up the ladder he can go depends on your ability, your dedication, his natural gaits, his mind and the quality of the instruction you receive.

Good luck!

I don't see a thing wrong with him that would keep him from doing well at the lower levels. As has already been mentioned, what happend beyond the lower levels has a lot to do with your drive and ability as well as his physical capabilities that we can't judge from just one photo.

But I'd say if you like him, go for it. he's beautiful [big Grin]