Sign in to follow this  
abommarito

wow! what a lesson

I started taking dressage lessons about a month ago with my first real dressage trainer. I already new all the basics. Yesterday at my lesson i did canter halfpasses and flying changes. (Not on my horse on a school horse.) it was so much fun. My horse isn't ready for that yet but i'm glad that i am learning know so when he is i will already know how. The horse that i did them on has just started learning the halfpass and i was the first time she had done flying changes. it was amazing to me how easy it was for her with the proper preperation. i have seen people at the barn where i board stuggle and struggle with flying changes. It is interesting to see how much that makes a difference.

Anyways just had to share my excitement with people who would understand. [Yay]

Congrats! Its always fun when you learn something new, fun and that looks fancy [big Grin] ! It will be even more fun when you teach it to your own horse.

*Amanda

You've learned an important lesson. Training is about progression. Layer on layer. Get the basics down and almost anything is possible. People struggle when they or their horses aren't ready (for any number of reasons).

Thats great!...I know how you feel. My horse is far from being ready from doing flying lead changes and half passes but i ride my trainers horses that are absolutely amazing so i get to do all those cool movements [big Grin] ...Its really great because if you learn how to do them on horses that already know how to do it its alot easier to train your own horse how to do it. I hope things keep going well [smiley Wavey]