Sign in to follow this  
*Shamrock*

...First Show Ever...How was yours...

Okay...My trainer was talking about taking me to a show this summer, on either Boo, or one if the borders at our barn if she can talk them into it [Wink] ... but How was your first show, did anyone get a blue the first time...fall off...do something silly...lets hear it!?!

My first show was a little beginners schooling show and I one all 3 of my classes! I think I did walk/trot and trot over poles. I was so proud because the horse I was riding never wanted to go over poles!

It was a little barn show and I was in fourth grade...so I was supposed to be riding my beloved thirty year old school horse, but he was taken by some other kid already! So I had to ride this other school horse for the first time ever. His name was Jerry and he was 36 years old--honest to goodness he was that old and still sound for a little riding. (I was doing walk-trot equitation, diagonals NOT to be counted. lol.) So as I was catching Jerry in the field, this lady from another farm rode by on her giant beautiful warmblood (or at least what my fourth grade mind imagined a warmblood to be) and she said, "Wait!!! Is that JERRY???". And I said, "Why yes it is." And she told me that when she was about my age she had ridden Jerry in her lessons. She was like, "I had no idea he was still alive! That was like thirty years ago! That's amazing!" Then I went ahead to win 5th place out of 6 kids in my first ever show! I believe that I only beat my sister. (haha)

So yeah, that's my story. It's not very inspirational or anything, but it brings back memories...lol. One year after that we took Jerry in a costume class and dressed him up as a 4000 year old mummy horse--named Jerr--ee--ahnk.

[ 02-16-2006, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: j'adore mon cheval ]

hehe oh memories. My first show was on a horse I ABSOLUTELY LOVED. He was a true schoolmaster, and definately one of the best horses I have ever ridden. I was 11 at the time, and showed walk trot. I got 1st place out of 11 riders!! That was a real confidence booster for me! BUT...

My second show!!...well, my first show after I moved to Ohio!.... I was riding this Ex-barrel racer HOT HOT HOT arabian in a saddle seat class. He got so excited he took off bucking in the show ring!!! It caught me off guard, and I fell off! Talk about embarassing! I got back on, and tried to ride him as best as I could, and the Judge called me into the center and told me I needed to dismiss myself if i couldnt control my horse. I sat in the middle of the ring for the rest of the class,and needless to say, i didnt place.

In my first dressage show, the tralier driver was late. When i got there i had 5 mins. to warm up. However, i got a thrid and in my next class i got a first. lol. i was so frecked out when he was late.

[Eek!][Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

Ha..my first show was very fun...I didnt care about my placings..i was just happy to be there.It was a long time ago,so I didnt do gaming even though i was on a gaming horse...(she was my old horse)It was just a small schooling show..and I had a shank bit and I was riding w/ two hands lol(got disqualified in every class)because she was very hiper...put i placed 7th out of like a billion other kids like me in bareback..lol good times!

Oh man, my first show is yet to come. I'm hoping a schooling show in April, but ya never know....

It's pretty sad actually, [Embarrassed] to have ridden since you were nine, and never get a chance to show till you convinced your parents to buy you a horse in High School.

But hey! That's Life! [big Grin]

That was back in 8th grade, in our local fair for 4-h...I didn't place, but I only did three events. If I recall, I did Keyhole, poles, and Egg and Spoon. But my friend rode this hot-headed Arab who did NOT allow her to take her anywhere. All of the events she did turned out to be a ruthless failure trying to get her to move foward instead of backward.

But don't worry - it's totally natural to get nervous before a show [Wink] !

Ahh, memories. I had the cutest little first show. I was so proud of myself when I got reserve champ. I think it was one first and two seconds or something like that? I was on this huge, old, packer called Mouse. He was a saint who just wanted to please everyone and still does. I rode in a walk/trot, walk/trot over poles, and canter once down the long side class. I was so worried before the show and brought 5 different white shirts for my instructor to choose from. I checked my diagonal at least 16 times within each five strides. But then I heard my number, 48 yes I still remember, called for reserve champion. Atop my mount, I had no idea what it meant besides the fact that I got a tricolored pretty ribbon. But it was one of the happiest moments of my life, I swear. [big Grin]

My first show I only did Showmanship, I was 5 years old with my Shetland pony. I was so, so scared, shaking and wondering if the other horses were going to step on me. It was fun and in the end we were 2nd out of 14 horses, only pony showing. It was very fun! But, my second time in the show ring, I fell flat on my face and told the pony that there was hole there, and why she didn't warn me!

At my first show I rode my coach's show mare in a grenn rider class we got 1st in pleasure and 3rd in equitation in our classes it was the best day ever. The classes were english equitation and english pleasure [smile]

My first show was at our barn. I rode this grumpy little mare named Merrylegs. I remember doing quite a few classes....equatation on flat (and I don't think I knew how to canter then, so it was walk trot lol) and I got 1st in that class. Then it was equatation over fences (the tiniest little crossrails you could imagine) and I think I got second....lol. Then I might of entered another class, idk what it was but I deffiantly know I placed high. So of course I was all like "I must be good I'm going to win everything forever" [Duh] Not a great way to start of my showing career...since then, I don't think I've ever had as much luck in the show ring haha.

Well, I participated in a St. Patrick's Day Fun show at our barn, but I didnt really count it...I rode in 4 classes...

Egg and Spoon-2nd lol the girl who beat me was...MAYBE 5! I wasnt paying attention to who was still in, (or I would have dropped it) but the next day i found her egg and spoon (glued together lol)

Musical Poles-I ended up getting 4th, they did two classes and the top two from each class went to a final round...I was on Fred for the first time and Tori took my poles, and I couldnt get Fred to move again to go to another set lol

Hunt Seat Equitation...well I got 4th outta like 11, I was so proud though because everyone in the class had been riding longer than me, Id only been riding 2 months...

Dollar Bill I didnt place needless to say

Well thanks for all the replys...sorry I drug it on so long...^

My fist show was a hunter jumper show @ my barn. In schooling I forgot to tighten my girth (oh the lessons we learn [Duh] ) and I went through a *tiny* little line and I thought I was a bit unblanced, after I jumped the second little fence my saddle slid completely off the side of the horse. I got off, saw everyone laughing at me, swore never to show, then went into my first class and won 2nd. Been showing ever since! Just be prepared to do it for the fun of it until you kinda get the hang of things, so if you do well you will be pleasently suprised.

[smiley Wavey]

I went to my first show completely unprepared. It was my sisters idea, she knew someone who had a horse they weren't using that day. I had ridden him before. We used to go over there and all the kids would jump on horses and ride around in the pasture pretending we were in a western.

Anyway I showed up (as I would find out too late) imporoperly dressed, totaly unprepared with a horse that showed up dirty straight from the field about 20 minutes before my class.

Needless to say I did not earn any ribbons my first show. [big Grin]