Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Chit Chat Thread Vol. 6

Inky, tell Tadd to keep the door locked from now on. People are crazy these days. You can't even go to the Dr. without signing an arbitration statement!!! [Crazy]

Smithereens, I thought I was behind with only 5 pads. I will rectify that situation a.s.a.p. [big Grin]

I hope you get Razz figured out a.s.a.p. Would have been nice for the ring steward to have let you know what was going on too!

I hauled to my trainer's yesterday for a lesson. Beau was much better this time. Still tends to rush at the trot on a 20m circle over there. Doesn't do this at home, but he was much improved from my last two hauling trips with him. To top it off, my trainer just got a Kieffer Orphee saddle. Gosh, I love it. We tried it on Beau and it doesn't fit. It only comes in a medium and it's too narrow. Clears the withers but perches on the shoulders. So, I came home, got on line and ended up calling several different saddle fitters. They all said the same thing. Get an Exselle wide. They are made for Beau's body type. So I ordered one this a.m. We shall see. It was the last one in stock, so they say, and should be here next week!!

Inky

Some people think they are better than others. Nice to hear one of them had a rude awakening. For that matter, Tadd could have sued her since she's the one who shoved her way through, ran into him, and falsely threatened him and his employer... in front of witnesses NO LESS.

boocoo: Good luck on the new saddle.

I ordered an Exselle on the advice of 3 saddle fitters, per my horse's build. It can be adjusted to fit him, after I get it and see how it fits. If not, I can send it back.

Good luck with it Boocoo, I don't think I've heard of that model before. How do they adjust it out of curiosity? [Question]

And while we're on the topic of saddles, I found this in General horse Talk, anyone seen these before? http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/publi...es_fhoenix.html

Rather than typing it out all over again and bogging the thread down with pictures, here is an update on how Buster's sale is going:

Selling Buster Update I'm definately keeping my fingers crossed that her hubby will give the okay!

Exselle's are made by Walsall Saddle Company in England. They made the Crosby's. Inky, I am not certain how they do it, but once you get the saddle, you put it on your horse's back, mark the points they tell you to with chalk, take pics with saddle on and off and send it back and they fit it to your horse. That is if the saddle doesn't fit. You can do that for the life of the saddle. They said it's easier and works better than wither tracings. [Confused] So I am hoping for the best. [big Grin]

I could have definately used that for Inky! [Crazy] I ended up going through three different saddles with him for three years while his body grew up and changed shape [Razz] That sounds like a great deal, you won't have to constantly change saddles as Beau's conformation changes with different muscles being built up!

A friend of mine has the Fhoenix saddle. She says it's weird at first, but then really liked it.

Best of luck selling Buster. I really hope it works out for you and him. He sure looks good! What a difference.

I sure hope this saddle works out for us too!

I hope the saddle works out Boocoo, sounds neat!

Inky: I'm keeping my fingers crossed, sounds like a great home for Buster.

Thanks Luv. I ordered it Friday, so hoping it shipped out today, tomorrow at the latest. Hope it gets here quick! No, I'm not anxious or anything, [ROTFL]

Ok, I am laughing hysterically now. Anytime I type a reply to you Luv, someone knocks on the door and voila' the latest package has arrived. This one is some summer breeches. Seems like most of mine are black and it is too hot for black. Hope they fit! [big Grin]

[ 05-15-2006, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

Boo: [ROTFL] . After I read that, I had one new email in my inbox - it just happened to be from Dover Saddlery, saying my latest order had been shipped. [big Grin] . New packages are exciting, I got IverCare wormer (only $5) and pink SMB's...but the summer breeches got me thinking, I think I need a pair of light-weight ones for summer too. Most of mine are either dark or rather heavy for hot days.

I am entering Teddy, and possible Alibi, in the Champagne Classic, a recognized dressage show. Man, are they expensive! $105 for stabling, $95 tack stall (hey, at least it'll be split four ways!), $38 entry fee + an additional $10 Qualifying fee...unfortunately the "List of Fees" is longer than I'd prefer. [Wink] . Plus I have to have a bit extra for all the tack vendors... [Wink][big Grin] .

[smiley Wavey]

OK Luv, you are decidely waaay worse than I am!! [Wink] Course when I went to Equine Affaire back in February, I made sure I had plenty of cash and still ran out and had to go to the ATM!!!! [ROTFL] Some vendors weren't set up for Debit/Credit cards.

Inky, any word about Buster? And wow, do you realize this thread is almost to 300 posts? Maybe it's time for Volume 7, eh? [Crazy][ROTFL][big Grin]