Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Chit Chat Thread Vol. 6

Boo--I'm so sorry. I've been seeing the pictures on the news, so devastating. I don't think anyone can appreciate what that kind of experience does to you until you've been through it--not that I have, but I can only imagine what it would be like to lose everything... [Huggy] to your friends, and prayers for them as well.

Inky--Congrats on selling Inky and the big move...I sent you a PM as well.

[big Grin]

quote:

Ok ladies, I am sitting here wiping away tears right now. I have finally got word back that several of my friends and one of my pre-school students, his sister was in my sons' class, lost their homes in the recent tornados in TN. It sure knocks you for a loop, especially when it's people that are close to your heart. I so wish I could be there to help with clean up and stuff. One of my friends told me she chain sawed trees for 12 hours on Sat. and you know she is not used to that kind of physical labor. Anyway, remember to keep all the folks who lost loved ones, homes and businesses in the tornados, in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry Boocoo, that's terrible news. [Angel] from WA!

I am sitting here in Boise, ID right now, I have to tend to my addiction (email/HC, lol). [big Grin] I found a couple tack shops I'm planning on stopping at, not that I really need anything. [big Grin]

[smiley Wavey]

Inky - Congrats on Tadd's acceptance to school and on INKY'S SALE!!! That is fantastic news on both fronts. Don't fret too much about your school acceptance. Most school's allow you to write a letter along with your application, and you can "explain" your grades in your last semester. I think your previous grades and activities will speak for themselves, and if absolutely necessary, a note from your doctor can carry a lot of weight as well.

Luvhorses - I LOVE the Dressage Extension saddle pads. I have this one. I get a TON of compliments on it. I have it in gray/silver. It is my favorite pad that I own. I love the one you have picked out. What color are you thinking to get?? Is it for showing or schooling?

Boocoo - How devastating. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to all of the people who have lost family and homes in the tornadoes.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've kind of been hiding. My cousin's funeral has been set for the 21/22. We are expecting this to be a big huge public affair with the governor of Vermont in attendance, a large military presence, the press and picketers. As of right now, the estimates for the wake, funeral and public reception are coming in around 400-500. [Eek!] I just can't even fathom that many people. The wake will last pretty much all day Friday. The funeral will be at noon on Saturday and the public reception will follow immediately thereafter. We are going to try to find a time for a private, immediate family only reception which will pare the numbers down to only 40 or 50 maybe. A more reasonable number. I spent pretty much the entire weekend on the phone with my mother - going through all my old photo albums scanning in pictures and uploading them to the Internet. My mother had to check names and dates for me. Now she is scanning in her pictures that I didn't have (I more computer savy so we started with mine). We both made hotel reservations rather than staying with family as the press hasn't left my family alone, and we thought a hotel would be quieter. Jack and the kids are going to come up to Vermont with me on Friday morning. Then on Saturday, Jack will run back to Boston to drop his daughter off at the airport to return home to her mother, and then come back up to Vermont. So he will miss the actual funeral and burial, but should be back in time for the reception. What a mess - that's all I can say at this point. The closer the funeral gets, the harder it gets. I'm still in denial because it's easy to be distracted this far removed from everything. As more and more e-mails and stories and pictures keep rolling in and flooding my in-box, the days have been getting harder and harder. Going home next weekend where I won't be able to look anywhere and not have some memory of him - it will be infinitely harder.

I remember one day when I was riding my aunt's horse bareback through the yard cooling him out after a ride, and he showed up unannounced. He walked up to me and the horse, hopped onto the horse behind me and said, "Take me someplace."

Ah well - on to more pleasant things - I told you I was good with the denial, right?? I managed to set up my first lesson with Maria, Julie's replacement for the next two months. It is set for tomorrow night, so I am definitely looking forward to that very eagerly. Maria has trained with Henk van Bergen, so she is very much looking forward to my full clinic report tomorrow night and wants to see my video from the clinic as well. Julie took lessons from Maria when she was riding, so there should be some very good continuity here for me. Maria is also going to get on Razzle and help me out a little as well. Poor little Raz has no idea what is in store for him over the next two months - not to mention we also have the Anne Guptill clinic still to come on April 30th.

~Shelly~

Thanks ladies. One of my friends e-mailed me pictures of all the damage. Unreal. I found out another of my pre-school students, family lost their home also. These are 4 year old little kids, Imagine how scary that is for them.

Smithereens, that sounds like a very large funeral. Your cousin would be amazed. Hope you are all doing all right.

quote:

Luvhorses - I LOVE the Dressage Extension saddle pads. I have this one. I get a TON of compliments on it. I have it in gray/silver. It is my favorite pad that I own. I love the one you have picked out. What color are you thinking to get?? Is it for showing or schooling?

I love the pad you have, its quite nice! A good price too IMO. I am not sure on colors...I was thinking about getting a black one for showing and then getting some other pads in "fun colors" for schooling. I have one white pad with a gold trim for showing, but I want to get a few more. Here are some schooling pads I was thinking about:

Centaur Pad - Pink or Blue?

Centaur Fashion Pad

Weatherbeeta Pad - Hunter Green

Centaur Collection Pad

A lot, huh? lol, pads are becoming my new "thing". [big Grin]

I went to see the Sand Dunes today, they were amazing. I got some pics I'll upload when I get home.

Shelly: it does sound like a large funeral! I am sure your cousin would greatly appreciate it.

[smiley Wavey]

Wow. A very large funeral indeed. I know your cousin would be honored. We will all be thinking of you and your family. Hang in there girl.

I posted for a different schedule at work. Im trying not to tell everyone about it, esp Randy, in case I dont get it. Its 8:30-5 M-F. I think EVERYONE wants this schedule and I doubt Ill get it. But theres always hope, right? It would make life a lot more normal if I did get it, but Im not even going to really think about it and get my hopes up.

Sarah and I are trying to plan to go to the schooling show on May 13th, taking Ben and Layla. She wants me to ride Ben! LOL I have no problems with that but its b/c she doesnt have any tall boots, no paddock boots, brown 1/2 chaps, and grey Ariat terrians. She bought some Cavalos *I know I am TOTALLY spelling that wrong but to lazy to look it up* that go for over $700 for $230 brand new! They were marked down at the local tack store. The only problem is they dont have gussets and she almost got stuck in them! LOL So we have to send them out but we dont know if they would get back in time for the show. She did just get a new show outfit on 40% off tack store closeout. So we'll see. Its at the Jax Eq Center. Which means theres a good chance either of us, or both, would be showing INDOORS. Layla, totally fine with it, but Ben. Hes never been to a show. We would plan to show him Intro A and B, but scratch if hes being stupid. More just wanting to get him OUT and exposed.

Another note... I was notified of a horse.. 15 y/o 17.2 trained to 2nd or 3rd level, I cant remember, sound and sane, in trail riding pasture shape right now but very calm for sale. Owner had knee surgery and cant ride and wants him sold quickly and hes $4900. But hes in NY. My friend, whom I trust dearly and knows more about horses than I have forgoten, said he sounds like just what I want, hes owned by a vet and farrier and Id have all of his medical charts released to me, including xrays, to just buy him sight unseen. It would cost me almost $400 to fly up there round trip. I dont have any issues doing that, but what if I do that, just to have someone else snatch him up. Id hate to waste $400. But sight unseen? Eeee.

Anyways. I just like the fact that he doesnt have to be ridden 5x a week. The bay horse I found DOES. She said to keep him up and going, he has to be exercised 5x a week. So I dunno. Just another notch on the list of things to think about!!

[ 04-13-2006, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

Luvhorses, those saddle pads sound like fun. You are like me, you like a lot of saddle pads.

You know all of our every day problems sound so trivial after what all these people are going through loosing their homes and loved ones in TN, after the tornado's. I don't think some people realize, it's not all about them!!!!

Thanks again to those of you who replied back about the devastating tornado's in TN. Your support and prayers is appreciated by many, particularly those that were directly affected by the tornado's. [Angel][Huggy]

I am in the process of packing up some boxes to ship back there, to a friend of mine's Church. They are aiding in the relief effort. We are sending clothes, and they need furniture, anything we can get back there. Some people had no home insurance!

[ 04-13-2006, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

[Angel] For those affected by the tornado Boocoo, that's terrible news [Huggy]

I'm a bit ticked on this end. Tomorrow is Inky's last day here. And when do they arrange to pick him? While I'm at work in the morning. So I can't even say goodbye to my pony of 3 years [Frown]

Ah Inky. That's rough. No way you can suddenly have a Dr.'s appt? [Razz]

We have two new foals in our barn. One is a two week old Andalusian filly and the other was born last night. A friesen filly. Oh babies are soooo cute! I'd love to take the Andalusian filly. She is a beauty.

Unfortuantly no, unlike my last job when I had sick leave and vacation days, this job is just paid hourly, and I called in sick 4 days last week due to a nasty nasty stomach flu, so I can't afford to take another day off. Not to mention they'd be extremely ticked! [Frown] I'm planning on spending some time with him tonight, but it won't be quite the same as being able to see him off.

Inky got his hug [smile] I'm sending the girl buying him a little note, my email, and a CD of pictures, so I hope she keeps in contact with me. I'd really like to see how he does in the show ring [big Grin] As fate would have it, one of my pictures of Inky made it on http://www.equusite.com/ today, the day of his departure, I think it's a sign that he should win the vote of the day, don't you? [Wink][big Grin][Razz][Frown] I know I know, shameless aren't I? lol

That stinks Inky. Make sure you say goodbye before you go to work. It will probably be a little easier to not see him get on that trailer and drive down the road. It is hard. Hang in there girly.

I just got home from Orlando. We went to a bridal store there and I now have a dress on order. Here it is:

http://www.jasminebridal.com/html/web1/col...oto1.asp?id=266

I did get it customized. I had the maker change it to a sweet heart neck line and extend the train to a cathedral, adding 18" to it. I cant wait! [big Grin]

Rode Layla today. She did very well. We hacked in the grassy area. She wanted to get quick and fast, but after I said no, she settled into a REALLY nice stretchy trot, really opening her throatlatch and taking the contact and working round. So it was a nice hack.

Heres a few pics of the mare today. Bad angle to the camera... Makes her fanny look smaller than it is and her shoulder more upright than it is, but look how slick and fat she is and her topline is really coming in. 1 1/2 yrs ago I rode in my trainers Crosby and it was TOOOOOO wide for her. Rode in it today, and it fits like a glove. SCORE. Also pulled her mane. Enjoy.

-

-

-

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

Inky got his hug
[smile]
I'm sending the girl buying him a little note, my email, and a CD of pictures, so I hope she keeps in contact with me. I'd really like to see how he does in the show ring
[big Grin]
As fate would have it, one of my pictures of Inky made it on
today, the day of his departure, I think it's a sign that he should win the vote of the day, don't you?
[Wink][big Grin][Razz][Frown]
I know I know, shameless aren't I? lol

Good deal. That's a great idea to send the girl a CD of pictures. I trust he got off ok to his new home? Hope you are doing all right.

A friend of mine e-mailed me a video of one of the tornado's passing through the town I used to live in! WOW!!! It was amazing. I have to say I am somewhat glad I don't live in tornado country anymore. They sure are scary!

Hoping are weather clears up here from more rain, so we can get back to riding and getting ready for the next show!!!

Happy Easter!!

[ 04-15-2006, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

I was wondering if every body is as rude as some people who are mad of i put a thing one a few pages so that i can let everyone no that i want to find a trainer to help train my QH to jump?

quote:

Originally posted by HunnyLuver101:

I was wondering if every body is as rude as some people who are mad of i put a thing one a few pages so that i can let everyone no that i want to find a trainer to help train my QH to jump?

[Question] huh? not sure I understand what you're asking, hunny...

Hi everybody, I haven't been able to get online the past few days. It's been really busy lately, but Happy Easter to everyone!

The fundraiser was quite the success. I don't know if any of you know who Cal Thomas of Fox News is but he was the speaker, and he is just amazing. Really enjoyed what he had to say. I guess I did okay, no one complained about my dinner music... [Wink]

Trying to catch up with everybody's news...if I don't get the names, please forgive me, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Wedding dress--don't remember who it was but it's sure pretty!

Inky--sorry about you not being able to see Inky off. Actually, in my case I'd rather not have to see them being loaded and taken away...I'd be way too emotional to handle it.

Boo--read your thread and about finding a new barn. THat's great news! Hope it works out for you and Beau!

Deequeue, did you get any pictures of the piano playing event? I am dying to see you in that to die for dress!!! I am so glad it went so well.

Remember my friend on the Friesian at the show? Her and I are both moving to the new barn. We are both very excited. To many crazy things go on where I am now and I am still never sure what and when they feed my horse. We try to catch it, but it's not always possible. He will do much better at the new barn!

That is tough, Inky. Do you know if he arrived safe and sound? I hope to see him around on the show circuit! [big Grin]

quote:

Deequeue, did you get any pictures of the piano playing event? I am dying to see you in that to die for dress!!! I am so glad it went so well.

Ditto! [smile]

Layla is looking fabulous, what a pretty girl she is. [big Grin] The dress is goregous!

I had a lesson on Teddy today...it was good. We worked on walk/canter/walk, collected gaits, half turn on the haunches, shoulder-in, haunches-in and renver, as well as some half pass! BUT, Patty, my trainer, said that recently Teddy has been having a HUGE attitude problem, and tried to buck her off, and has just been really resistant, heavy in the hand, really stiff to the right, etc. Not good, but hopefully he'll put an end to the 'tude quickly.

We are having normal Olympia, WA weather...RAIN...as well some hail. And lots of it! I fed all the horses tonight but luckily I missed the hail/rain.

[smiley Wavey]

At work. Just popping in.

Going to the tasting at the River City tomorrow morning to taste everything and decide on a menu for the wedding. Hey whats better than a free lunch at a 5 star resturant?? [Wink]

Left a message with the Parts & Service Director at Ford Co today. Of course he wasnt at his desk. Im so fed up with dealing with the people in the service department and totally unsatisfied with the customer service, or lack there of, that Ive been receiving. Im told this guy is the next in command before I got to the General Manager. We'll see if I can get anything rectified.

Well, thats it for now. Have a great day!

Shantel--sounds like a plan to me. [Wink]

As for me and my miserable life, NO, I didn't get any pictures. [Mad] We have no digital camera, neither me nor my SU thought to beg, borrow, buy or steal any film to take a pic or 2 either at home or there, so all I have are the program and a check...yes they did pay me, even though I was volunteering to do it gratis.

But it was great. The food was fabulous...filet mignon, lobster tail, some kind of creamy tart for dessert, wine poured like water, just wonderful. I really enjoyed playing, too. Even though I was pretty much a nervous wreck up until I actually sat down at the piano, after that it was smooth as silk. I never realized how much I missed doing that... [Confused]

I used to do alot of banquets, weddings, things like that years ago. But due to my own inertia I never kept it alive, and it sort of just...stopped. I actually made my first $10 as a 16 year old, not babysitting like most girls my age, but playing at a private club dinner. I've been playing since I was 8, so I was reasonably accomplished by then, and my piano teacher was involved in alot of civic organizations and such, so I had plenty of gigs to work.

I still have that cancelled check in my personal papers, as a souvenir. [big Grin]

Sounds wonderful Deequeue. Next gift item on your list needs to be a digital camera. [Wink]

I have been playing since I was 8 also, but have not played in several years now, so would not say I am accomplished at all. Basically, I can read music and sit down and pick out a tune, but would need lessons for a looooong while before I could take on something like that. I prefer to sing actually, and like having the piano to pick out my parts and play it just a wee little bit! [big Grin]

I would love to hear you play sometime!!!

See update on Inky to see how he's settling in his new home [smile] And of course, Buster managed to develop a minor case of rainrot. He was fine ALL winter long which was nothing but rain rain rain and much and slush and snow. Then spring starts coming. We get about 2-3 weeks of rain, and BOOM I find 5-6 small spots [Roll Eyes] To top that off, he went and got himself about a half a fist sized swollen bump on the side of his head, so the vet is coming out tomorrow to float his teeth and take a look at him. I'm thinking he has an abcessed tooth from the location [Confused] So that set back our schedule for training till the vet says he's okay to go. Hoping it's not too expensive here. [Razz]

We're going to head out to NJ May 8-10 to check out Tadd's school and find a place to live, then we'll be permanently moving probably the last week in July too, so it's going to be a busy busy summer [Crazy]

Luvhorses - Nice pads!! I have a TON of schooling pads. I LOVE pads. Sounds like a great lesson with Teddy. Sounds like maybe Teddy might be "hitting the wall" a little bit. Maybe a weekly trail ride or jumping session with him would do the trick. Anything to get him away from the more difficult 2nd Level work that you are asking from him on a regular basis. It is hard to keep them fresh and willing to work that hard all of the time. They need a break every so often. Don't wait for him to end his attitude issue. Figure out what is bothering him, and solve it before it escalates.

Shantel - Even IF Sarah's new boots get back in time for the show, I seriously doubt that there is any way that she will be able to ride in the show. It took me FOUR MONTHS to break my new boots in enough to be able to ride in public in them. And another couple of months to ride well enough to be willing to SHOW in them!!! Good luck getting the new schedule at work. Fingers crossed for you. I like the sounds of the horse in NY. Maybe you could talk to the people and ask them to hold him pending your flight up to check him out. Seems the least they could do given how much you would have to spend on airfare. Don't forget the price of shipping to Fla. as well if you ended up purchasing him. He sounds really nice. LOVE the dress!!! That is drop dead gorgeous!!!! [Eek!] Layla looks fantastic!!

Inky - Sorry to hear that you didn't get to be there to say goodbye to your boy. I was there when they came to pick up Smitty, and now I rather wish I hadn't been there because it was awful. He knew he was leaving and screamed like I have never heard a horse scream before. I was shipping him off to a fabulous retirement home, but there was no way he could know that, so he put up a battle like he was being sent to the slaughter house. It was heart wrenching. Good luck on the move, Inky. What are you going to do with Buster when you move?? Are you going to try to sell him beforehand, or are you going to try to take him with you??

DQ - Glad to hear the fundraiser went well. Knew you would do great!!

Boo - Moving to a new barn??? I missed that!!! Glad to hear you decided to move. Something was definitely up with that feed situation. And a Fresian friend - that sounds like fun. I like going to a new barn with friends.

~Shelly~

Okay, my update. Jack's daughter Natalie is here visiting for a week. It's always nice to have her in town. The boys are on school vacation this week, so they are home with nothing to do, but get into trouble which the EXCEL at. The little one has gone overboard on that score and may not ever see the light of day again. Not sure I have ever seen Jack this mad before. YIKES!!! Ara always gets overexcited when Nat is here, but WOW, did he lose it this time. Glad I'm at work all week!! [big Grin]

We took Nat shopping last night for some new clothes since her mother refuses to buy her anything at all. *sigh* Long story. It would have been a fun shopping spree, but I had to buy a second black dress for this weekend. I only have one that is nice enough that still fits. The rest are all too big. I really wasn't in the mood to be shopping for this, so it was literally the first store I came to, whatever I could find that fit that wasn't totally outrageously priced. Found a nice, conservative black dress that will do. Of course, I was crying though the whole thing which totally freaked the poor sales lady out. Then I needed new shoes as well. Again - first shoe store I came to - whatever they had in black heels in my size - FINE!! Higher and spiker than anything I normally wear. I'll probably end up killing myself this weekend, but whatever. I was soooo not in the mood for going store to store to store looking for the "perfect" shoe if you know what I mean.

I e-mail the pics of my cousin to my aunt for the slide show at the reception (why does this sound like an incredibly painful experience to come???), and she had the nerve to e-mail me back that I had scanned them in too small of a format, please rescan them in a bigger format and e-mail them again. My family is such a ______________!!!! Fill in the blank!!! There is more than one reason why I am staying at a hotel. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

On the Razzle front - we finally had our lesson with Maria. She cancelled at the last minute on Wednesday, but rescheduled (and showed up late) on Friday. She then proceeded to kick our butts for an hour. She is much tougher than Julie. She certainly ramped up the level of our lessons. And Maria yells A LOT!!! [Eek!] I'm pretty sure Razzle is scared of her. He kept trying to WIDEN his circle out away from her, and it wasn't just his normal drifting pattern. This was very determined LEG YIELDING!! Poor Razzles. It was a great lesson and just what we needed. She worked with me on getting him more honest on carrying himself and getting a better quality collected trot and collected canter. Then we worked on some shoulder in, traver and renver at the collected trot and shoulder in and traver at the collected canter. We worked on my walk canter HALT transitions which was new. And Maria also had me demonstrating the uberstreichen - a clear release up the neck of both reins for a stride or two without the horse showing any change in frame - every so often to prove that I truly had Raz on my seat at all times.

Julie has not had her baby yet. She is now 2 days overdue. I talked to her Friday, and she is doing well. She wants me to enter First 3 and First 4 at my first show on May 13th, then First 4 and Second 1 at my second show on June 4. [shocked] I did NOT expect her to move me up so quickly. She says I'm ready, but I certainly don't feel ready. Maria says I'm ready as well. I still can't ride a three loop counter canter serpentine. Ahhh . . . though both Maria and Julie say I can if I just try it. So Saturday morning when I was riding, Raz offered up the most lovely collected canter ever so I tried it, and sure enough, there it was. A beautiful three loop counter canter serpentine easy as could be no problems - except I wasn't sure which aids turned him correctly so the turns were rough. The counter canter part was fine - I just have to figure out how to turn him smoother so that I can make the connecting lines straighter. I just wasn't sure which aids turned him without getting him over bent or counter flexed or ending up leg yielding him through the turn. Once I get that mental block sorted out, we should be just dandy. Clean up the simple changes through the walk a little more, and the 2-1 test should be good to go. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

~Shelly~

Shelly - I too love pads...there are so many new colors and fun ones it's hard not to buy them. [big Grin] Can never have too many!! Yes, I think Teddy is getting a bit pissy about having to consistently doing harder work, with my trainer he is doing third level so things are cracking down. Some trails/jumps are definitely going to be coming his way!

I am going to another recognzied dressage show, the "Beaujolais" from June 16-18th. I am doing First 4 and Second 1 the first day, and then First 4 and Second 2 the second day. We'll see what happens...

I will be back later to post more.

Bye for now!

[smiley Wavey]

Smithereens, we will be thinking about you this weekend. The dress and shoes sound just fine. Walk carefully and stay away from annoying family members! [big Grin]

Yes, I am moving to a new barn. We have upped the move to this weekend, after the show on Saturday. We will actually move on Sunday. There is a lot going on at the barn I am at now, that I really don't want to put into words on this board, but can you say abuse? Ok, that should make it real clear! My horse has never been this nervous and they can't feed consistently to save their lives. We are out of there. My friend with the Friesian is moving on Sunday also.

Funny thing is, she is at the exact same place in her training as you are. She is doing First 3 & 4 this weekend and First 4 & 2nd 1, for the first time on May 14th, per our trainer. She had some issues with the 3 loop canter serpentine also, but with much practice is getting it rather nicely.

This weekend will be my first USDF Rated show and I am very confident that Beau will be very well behaved and we will show nicely. I don't even care about scores, I just want him to behave and stay consistent in the show ring, which I believe he will do! I also believe he will settle down 100% with the new move to the new place.

Remember the large half-fist sized lump he had on the side of the face? LOL Well it turns out, he has a missing tooth, so it was hay buildup that packed in and was stuck. What a relief! [Razz] And what a stinker too. The little guy got a horse dose of the sedative plus some of, and he was STILL perky eared and backing away from being floated. And fully awake less than 15 minutes after they finished [Roll Eyes] The vet says he's also younger than originally estimated. If you recall, the rescue said about 6-8, but the vet said it was more towards 5ish because he still has his cusps. No wonder! [Razz]

Smith, he's going to be sold as well. Now that I'm not set back on what I thought was an abcess, he's going right back into being worked. I'm planning on putting him up on May 15th.

Good luck at your show Boocoo! Hope it goes better [big Grin]

You too Luv, by the way, I have some more info about Inky's owner, I can PM you her actual name, and the people she's training with is in the Inky Update thread.

Thank Inky. I hope it goes better too. I probably wouldn't have entered a USDF show yet, if I had known, but oh well, it's a very low key show.

Wow, Buster is a strong horse, eh? Glad you got that figured out. Sorry you will have to sell him. How soon are ya'll moving? I think you said somewhere, but I am old and don't remember! [big Grin]

Boo--where's the show? I think you may have told me but I'm having one of those alzheimers kind of days.

Inky--impacted hay?? that's a new one, I must admit. [big Grin]

Smith--I think I missed something about where you're going this weekend that you needed a black dress for... [Question] but then I'm still kinda addle-brained myself. Can't go wrong with black, wherever you're going. [Wink]

I've been researching putting a shingle out, so to speak, for piano/accompaniment gigs. I know I need a website and I'm looking at my options with my ISP. But I'm also looking at where to advertise, how, all of that. Anything to get me away from a full time day job... [Roll Eyes]