Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Chit Chat Thread Vol. 7

Dobby - you have no idea how you just turned my day around. Thank you so much for your kind words, well wishes, and encouragement! That's amazing incentive when I get those "hopeless" moments. Thank you so, so much. I'll be sure to keep you updated. [Wink]

Hey guys. Lemme try to catch up:

Inky, I cant believe that about his parents.. well I mean I can b/c my dad is like that, but still. Geez. Focus on the positive and try not to let him dwell on the negatives. Good luck on the move and thats really nice you are going to go to the place where his dads ashes were spread and spend some time. Hang tough!

Boo, thats awesome abou the saddle. Inquiring minds want to know.. is this saddle $2000+, $3000+, $4000+ range? Ive been told from what Ive explaind that I like that Id really like an Albion and it would likely fit Layla but I dont know what the different models are. But I CANNOT afford a new one. Dont the saddle dealers have used ones? Id probably need a 19" too, for my big butt, but also my 22" hip to knee length.

Im taking the truck tomorrow to get a GN hitch put in, along with a brake box and plug. Then Saturday going to look at a trailer and hopefully if its nice, bring it home. Its a 96 Silver Star 3H GN all alum with dressing room, rear tack, brand new tires, new brake job, greased and packed bearings, and has the rubber flooring and 4' up the walls for any kicking. $8500! A deal really. Hopefully its everything it looks like in person as I see from the pictures.

So yeh, I havent updated what happened MONDAY. I woke up sneezing like crazy. Randy even said "Bless you" in his sleep! So Im driving to work, and the road is really S curves and I had a sneeze attack and when it finished and I opened my eyes, there was the curb, the road turning, my truck not. I swerved HARD left, but still hit the RF tire on the corner of the curb where the gutter was, blew out the tire with like a 4" hole, bent that rim, and rubbed the back tire hard and bent that rim too. So yeh. Im like 2 mins from work and I cant drive. I was going to change the tire but then a guy I work with stopped, changed the tire, got DISGUSTING by sweat and grease and dirt, and wouldnt let me help so I wouldnt get dirty. Luckily I have a full sized spear. But yeh. So now I have 2 bent rims. Ugh. [Frown]

The electric tape and insulators and tensioners and solar charger were delivered today. I went with Horse Guard tape, and regular insulators. So I guess Ill spend the weekend doing that. And the stall mats are ordered and should be here in 2-3 weeks. So yeh. At least things are getting there.

We were SUPPOSED to close tomorrow and move in Saturday but THATS not happening. Geezus.. I just want to move into a HOUSE and have a KITCHEN and more than one room.......!!!

Oh well its 12:20 I better get to bed b/c I have to drop the truck off tomorrow and then The Moms and I are going to the Spa that Randy got us for Xmas "Queen for the Day", facial, pedicure, manicure, massage, and OPEN BAR!! [big Grin] So anyways, night yall.

Shantel - Wow, that wedding sure is sneaking up on you FAST!! So sorry to hear about the death of your friend's friend. How tragic. The GN trailer sounds VERY nice!!! Hope it turns out to be everything you expect it to be. Hope you get to move into your new home sometime this CENTURY!! They sure are dragging this out. Have fun at the spa!!

FTA - Good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear you are injured though!! Sounds very painful.

Luvhorses - Sorry to hear the show didn't go as well as you had hoped, but remember 2nd is a HUGE leap up from 1st so don't get discouraged. Just go right back out there and do the best you can. Keep on trying, and eventually it will all start falling into place. It just takes time and practice. Lots and lots and lots and lots of PRACTICE!! Keep us posted on how Alibi is doing.

Inky - Family can really be the pits sometimes. You look to them to be your support system, and sometimes they are the ones who let you down the most. So sorry to hear Tadd's mother is picking now to be one of those times to really let him down. I think you are making the right decision to not waste your time chasing after her. Spend your time with your friends and the people who really support you before you leave.

Des - Sorry to hear Feather's feet aren't doing so great. Lilo sounds like a nice young prospect.

Dreamin' - Good luck at the horse show!! Keep us posted as to when it will be.

Boocoo - Glad to hear that the saddle fitting was such a success.

DQ - Am I to understand that you HAVE pics of you and Jag, but you just haven't posted them yet?? NOW you are in trouble!! Get those pics posted ASAP!!! Glad to hear you had such a great ride with him. Sorry to hear the kitchen remodeling isn't going as "smoothly" as it could. Hopefully it won't end in divorce court!!

Well I am off for while. Jack's daughter Natalie is coming to town to visit, and for once, I actually managed to get the time off of work during PEAK vacation time. Not sure how I managed to pull that small miracle off, but I did it. So I have the next two weeks off, and we are headed up to the lake in New Hampshire for two weeks. Of course now it is supposed to rain for the next two weeks. FIGURES!!! I don't care - no work is all I care about!! Julie just got back to work on Wednesday from maternity leave, so I'm going to sneak in a lesson with her this weekend before we leave, then I'm turning Razzle over one of the teenagers, Ariel, at the barn for the next two weeks. This girl is an amazing rider - 3rd/4th level, so Raz has his work cut out for him!! Gabrielle left last weekend so I really would have been stuck, but Ariel bailed me out. I will have no computer access, so I'll see you all when I get back. Hope everyone has a great 4th!!!

~Shelly~

Have fun Shelley! Figures it would rain [Razz] I hope it clears up for you though. You know how the weathermen are always wrong!

Shantel, thank God it didn't turn out to be anything worse though! That does suck about what happened though. Have fun at the spa [big Grin]

Anyone interested in what I do for work? I just got done doing a big ol' photo tutorial on my job. Obviously I was bored lol:

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c;f=29;t=049331

Posted on the linked page Erin!

I forgot to mention that the interview is this coming friday... sorry for the confusion! I'll keep the good luck for next time though! Thanky!

I am now the proud owner of a HORSE TRAILER! YAY. I had the goose neck hitch installed (the flip over kind) and went to look at the trailer. It was everything I wanted, so if it turned out to be what it appeared in the pics, I was taking her home. Well shes parked at the barn!! It pulls SO nice! My truck doesnt even feel like there something behind it. The electric brakes are great and ahhh! Its a big girl. Heres a link to the ad. Ill get pics tomorrow!

http://equine.com/Trailers/ad_details.aspx...84-e3b91e69b904

It needs an acid bath. Apparently thats what semi drivers do to their trucks and trailers to get the oxidation off the aluminum. So its like $30 to do the whole trailer. I just have to FIND a place that does this. [big Grin]

So thats my update.

Yay.

[big Grin]

Nice trailer Krazy. Call your local trailer dearlships and they can tell you where to take it for an acid wash. Some of them might even do it.

You can find used Albions, but doubt you'll find a 19". I have a 22" knee to hip length also. I bought the SLK Ultima which is their top of the line model. But it was an extra $200 for the 19" seat. [Eek!] Plus tax. We are not talking cheap! But I know it will be well worth it. Type in Albion in your search box and it should bring up dealers in your area. They might have some used ones!

Hey everyone...

Well the show today was definitely not fantastic - I got sick two days ago and woke up today and almost scratched both tests (First 4 and Second 4). I ended up scratching Second 4 as I was feeling awful. Unfortunately, because my being sick and Teddy's attitude, we got a 59.something at First 4. I would give you the details on my "sickness" (it was like a sinus-infect with a really bad upset stomach) [Razz] but I am guessing you'd rather NOT hear them [Wink] . Oh, and it didn't help it was 90 degrees...and I had a fever. Oh well, it could have been worse!

Boocoo - congrats on getting your saddle [smile] , I'm sure your anxious for it to arrive!

Krazy - congrats on the trailer purchase, looks nice [big Grin] . I am kind of in the market for a two horse right now.

Inky - so sorry to hear about Tadd's mom...hope things get better!

I am not remebering all the posts I read right now [Crazy] , but I will try and catch up later.

[smiley Wavey]

Luv:

Yes the show was quite hot! Good thing they waived the jackets. You and Teddy though did very well considering his little attitude and you being sick. Good job!

I hope you get better soon and you might want to consider putting Mr. Teddy on some Mare Magic...

[ROTFL]

Forgot to add...my trainer recieved a 10 on one of her leg yields (she was doing First 4 with her 6 year old SWB gelding, and this is a recognized dressage show)...she got a 71% on that test. And last weekend she recieved a 70% at Second 4 on that horse as well... [Eek!] . I got a 9 once at a schooling show, but I've never dreamed of getting a 10!

Everybody must be really busy cause nobody is posting!!!

So I'll start off by saying my RENTAL saddle came on Tuesday. It's a Prestige 2000D. High pommel and big knee blocks. It almost fits Beau perfect. Good enough to get us by until my Albion gets here. I like it, it helps my position a lot. Had a super awesome lesson, finally, this a.m. My first USDF show is this Saturday. It's a two day show, but I am only showing on Sat. That is enough for me for right now. I am looking forward to it, knowing Beau is feeling so much better. However, he set back in the bath rack the other day and when he longed forward he banged his chest so hard on the bath rack bar, that he got a HUGE hemotoma. He looks like Dolly Parton, no offense intended, I love Dolly. So the Vet. came yesterday to do everybody's teeth, including Beau's. So had him look at it and he said it will dissolve on it's own and to keep riding him. Today it looked a lot better. Hope nobody notices it at the show on Sat. Now the skin is starting to sag and makes him look out of shape! [big Grin] But he is performing so well now, with a saddle that fits him so much better, that I am just not going to worry about it.

Boo--I can't be there on Saturday to see you ride, but I'll be there in spirit. [Wink]

Hematoma??? [Eek!] Geez...maybe you should just forget about crossties on Beau. Or was he just single-tied? We have a couple of those in the barn, putting them in crossties is not going to happen. One owner manages to bathe single-tied to something, in the mud, but I have yet to see how she does it.

Good luck Saturday!

[big Grin]

DQ, I'll miss you on Saturday.

The bath rack is a stock type bath rack. I don't ever tie in there, but did that day and he pulled back before I could get him untied. Beau actually doe better in cross ties. He doesn't pull back on them, like he will a hitching rail!

Take care and have a good weekend.

IM IN THE HOUSEEEEEEEEEE!!!! NO MORE HOTEL!!!!

Its great. I love it. Tonight will be my first night here. My own bed. A shower. More than ONE room! I just took a shower.. I love the bathrooms. They are nicer than the hotels I stay at in Orlando (including the Hard Rock!)

The water is so soft! It makes my skin feel so silky smooth. I love it.

We are moving the horses on Sunday. Yay.

Ill update later. Got to go put my clothes in the handy dandy super duper new dryer!

Congrats Shantel! That's fabulous news!

Good luck tomorrow Boocoo, you know we'll all have our fingers crossed for you [big Grin] Don't forget the camera [Wink] I did have to giggle at the Dolly Parton comment, out of curiosity is there a difference between a hemotoma and a edema? [Question] I'm glad it wasn't anything serious though.

Well guys.... it's getting to be crunch time.... 3 more weeks until Jersey! [Eek!][Eek!] That just snuck up and bit me in the bum! Sheesh! I'll be gone for about two weeks, one week for Arlington (Tadd decided to stick with the original plan despite his mom and sister) and then a week for our roadtrip/settling in/getting internet hooked up. So no misbehaving while I'm gone! [ROTFL]

Inky, edema is just fluid. Hematoma is a bruise (sometimes + fluid). [big Grin]

Well, I officially own another horse. I gave my navicular striken Appendix QH mare to a retirement home last fall where she's spoiled rotten and I didn't think I'd own a horse until I graduated from college. I just finished my first year at college...and I just got another horse. I go to pick him up on the 10th, hopefully.

So far, it's looking like he's going to be my dressage horse, not an event horse [big Grin] So while I won't be posting photos--his former owner who is one of my best friends is on these boards and I don't want to make her uncomfortable--I will be posting updates.

Happy day!

Boo - Good luck for today! You are probably at the show as I post this, so I have my fingers crossed for you!

Erin - You'll be fine in Jersey. Just think of it as an adventure! The change might even be good for you!

Tag - Congrats! Can you tell us more about him? And... where are our pics?

I got into college so Im all smiles [big Grin]

Thanks Tag, I knew that somewhere in my brain, but for the life of me couldn't remember it last night [big Grin] Congrats on your new horse as well, definately keep us updated on his progress.

Congratulations Hollie!!!! So I take it the interview went well then [Wink][big Grin] Isn't it a great feeling? [Yay]

[ 07-01-2006, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

Thanks Erin!! Im over the moon. I thought he was going to tell me that I'd be getting a letter in the post... but he just came out and told me that they would be accepting me! [big Grin]

Im doing higher level English, higher level Biology and higher level Chemistry. Im also doing standard level Maths, standard level History and standard level Spanish. On top of that I have to take a computing course, a theroy of knowledge course, write an extended essay and do 150 hours of CAS (Creativity, Action and Service).

So Im gonna be pretty busy!

Oh and Tag - sorry, I didnt see that you wouldnt be posting photos.

Boocoo - yikes, poor Beau! Glad he will be fine!

quote:

IM IN THE HOUSEEEEEEEEEE!!!! NO MORE HOTEL!!!!

Its great. I love it. Tonight will be my first night here. My own bed. A shower. More than ONE room! I just took a shower.. I love the bathrooms. They are nicer than the hotels I stay at in Orlando (including the Hard Rock!)

The water is so soft! It makes my skin feel so silky smooth. I love it.

We are moving the horses on Sunday. Yay.

Ill update

Thats wonderful! [Yay]

I have been busy lately, and definitely sick of my cold! It's not exactly how I planned to start summer [Wink] . Could be worse though!

My sister got back on the 27th of June from 11 months in Austria as an exchange student (through Rotary International). She definitely had the experience of a lifetime, and is now fluent in German. Adjusting back to life in the US will be hard, because she's had so much freedom, and she became very close to her host family, as well as made some wonderful friends, which she will of course miss, but she IS glad to see her family and friends back in WA.

Get this - I STILL have not gotten a hold of the vet! She's been VERY busy, gone on vacation, I went on vacation, a couple horse shows which were weekend-long...so our path's haven't crossed yet. It's VERY frustrating though, because Alibi has something going on with her nose and I'd really like to talk to the vet about it, as she took a look at it when she came to do vaccinations a month or so ago.

Speaking of Alibi...she is as fat as ever but doing well. Her back seems to be okay, she isn't flinching when I brush her but I am definitely keeping a close eye on it. I have switched from my Equigel pad to my fake-sheepskin half pad, and I think the half pad works better for her, so we'll stick with that for now.

[smiley Wavey]

I can't believe you haven't heard from the vet yet luv! How long has it been now? [Eek!]

That's awesome Hollie, what a way to find out! PS, if you want to PM me your address, Tadd said he'll send you an autograph [big Grin]

[big Grin] No photos just for the time being. He's a 15.2 hand TB gelding...14yrs old...I'm totally insane but I loff him.

I may be able to put nonriding photos up when he comes. I'll talk to his current owner

Inky, a hemotoma is when the blood vessels burst and form a hard knot in surrounded by fluid. You can hot pack them to help them dissolve. Beau's was just so huge! [Eek!] Can't believe your move is almost upon you!!!

FTA, congrats on getting into college. I knew you would, your to brilliant not to!

Krazy, congrats on being in the new house.

Luv, I sure hope you get a hold of the Vet. soon.

Show today was pretty awesome. Will post an update and pics soon!

Ok, pics are posted on a show thread. They are in the indoor, kind of dark though. I tried lightening them on my photo program, but that is as good as they get.

Hey guys. Whew. What an exhausting day. I have been out working on the barn all day getting it ready for the horses. I sealed the concrete, as the mats will be here at the end of this week, so I didnt want the urine to soak into the concrete. We put a LOT of shavings in there for the time being, but they dont sleep in the stalls as they are in during the day, so we dont have to worry about them sleeping on it.

We loaded up and got them here around 4:30. They pranced and cantered around and then settled in to eating grass. Brought them into the stalls, gave them their dinner, and I turned them back out around 9:30pm. Its cool to have them here.

Laylas had her RF shoe off AGAIN since LAST Friday. Not the one that just passed, but a week before that. Ive been calling the farrier but I havent heard anything. I hope I didnt get dumped! I dont want to get upset in case something happened or came up, but I wish I knew if he was dumping me or just had something come up so I would know if I just need to be patient or find a new farrier. Ugh. Tuesday is also the day shes supposed to get trim. We are only letting her go 4 wks. I know its the 4th, but I mean.. he should have came last week but never called me!

Oh well. Thats just my little update.

[smile]

How exciting to have the horses at home Krazy. I can't wait till the day when I have mine back at home! Do you have Ben there also? That is just too cool!

Yes, Ben is here too. He and his "woman" are delighted to be together and each night when I turn them out, they canter around for a few mins until the settle in to eat grass. They have a blast. We are riding tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th! Sarah is giving me the access key to her works parking garage. Its right on the river. So me and Randy and a few friends are going to the roof to watch the fireworks that will be shot off right above us. The news said it will be a fireworks show matching the Super Bowl last year. YAY!