Sign in to follow this  
erin_iwamoto

Dressage Chit Chat Thread Vol. 7

Krazy--Good to have the horses back home of course, but their craziness nevers ends does it? Its always one thing or another. Ah, that why we love 'em! [big Grin]

FTA-Congratulations! You're in! Whoot! A good excuse to celebrate...by eating mass amounts of chocolate and splurging on horsey-stuff we don't necessarily need...

Tag-Oh we shall be hearing about this new darling. Don't worry, we already know you are insane;you ride don't you? [ROTFL] sorry, I am in an odd mood tonight. We will be getting those photos, or else!!

Some exciting news. Beau is really starting to come around finally and work nice. He is no longer sore and my rental saddle fits about 98% right. He is so much more willing now that he isn't hurting and the saddle isn't pinching him. I am finally getting that right side bend back. Had my trainer ride him yesterday and then I had a lesson today! WOW!!!!!! And we were able to start back on a bit of 1st level stuff. We were doing 15M circles, 3 loop serpentine at the trot and leg yields both directions. He likes those! [big Grin] After my trainer rode him yesterday she said she has great hopes for us and he is such an awesome horse! Very nice to hear!

We are going to be in the American Quarter Horse Race Journal in the Aug. issue. The editor inteviewed us and I sent her pictures. It will be in the Next Career column. A monthly column on ex-race horses in new careers! Pretty exciting, eh?

quote:

Originally posted by luvhorses223:

Boocoo, thats wonderful! The article sounds neat, I'd love to see it!
[smile]

If you go to www.aqha.com you can order just one issue. We will be in the August 2006 issue!!!

This is topic Senior pictures I wanted to share! in forum Dressage at HorseCity.com's Bulletin Board.

To visit this topic, use this URL:

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c;f=15;t=004110

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Khabreanna (Member # 32109) on 07-10-2006, 03:14 PM:

Got senior pictures taken, thought I would share them with you all . I think the first one turned out nice, I'm not in LOVE with the second one, but my mom is, and so is the rest of my extended family, so I guess I'm stuck with it!

Picture 1: My Favorite

Picture 2: My Mom and Families favorite!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by sedus (Member # 31542) on 07-10-2006, 03:18 PM:

I am so in love with your mare. She has the softest, kindest eyes I have ever seen. Nice pictures, I liked both.

Posted by horseloverz (Member # 35440) on 07-10-2006, 03:58 PM:

I really like your pictures who did you have do them? because I am getting my senior pictures soon and I want to try to find someone to do them with my horses. But i do not want to pay a alot of money either.

[ 07-10-2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: horseloverz ]

Posted by meg_k_2007 (Member # 30857) on 07-10-2006, 04:14 PM:

They both came out great!!

I'm getting mine done in about and hour, a friend of mine that has a really nice camera and has taken photography classes is doing them for me. I think I'm getting some taken with Emma, and I'm also going to the beach for some.

Posted by shadowsalty (Member # 25339) on 07-10-2006, 04:37 PM:

They are great!!! I like them both alot!

Posted by Inky (Member # 19880) on 07-10-2006, 05:32 PM:

Locking this topic and reposting your thread under the Dressage Chit Chat thread Khabreanna

Powered by Infopop Corporation

UBB.classicTM 6.3.1.2

[ 07-10-2006, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Inky ]

KhaBrea, I'm appoligize about all of my jibber jabber about formal/informal attire. I went on an search engine and I couldn't find ANYTHING to support my theory. I've IM'ed a pony clubber to see if she agrees, but irregardless, I think it's best that I keep the attire thing to myself [Embarrassed]

Hey guys!!! Sorry I have been MIA but having the horses at home is a full time job, along with the 40 hrs of my life I give to Citi each week!

I had last weekend off, and so did Randy, so we worked on the barn. Sarah came over and helped me get the tack room cleaned out and organized. Randy and my step dad, Ricky, took 1/2 of the middle partition down between the stalls and put up No Climb between them, then framed it out with 2x6s, so Layla can now see Ben when shes in her stall. It makes the barn very airy too.

But it was horrible!! On Friday we had a horrible downpour thunderstorm and the stalls flooded and my hay got wet and man it was nasty! So I decided to tear down the runins to the stalls and use the wood from the fence there and from between the stalls to build 1/2 walls and leave a window in the back. Randy and I did that and it looks GREAT. Now we are in the process of putting up Tyvek (plastic house wrap) and Hardi Panel (concrete siding) so that water cant get in between the gaps of the boards and flood my barn.

The horses LOVE it hear. Ive NEVER EVER EVER EVER in the 4+ yrs that Ive had Layla EVER seen her buck or crow hop while playing. Much less any other time. Every day when we turn them out, they gallop around the field and she bucks and farts and squeels and has a ball of it. They are getting fat on the grass and Orchard hay, so Im cutting down the grain (hey it saves money!).

I have pics but with moving, I cant find my cable that connects the camera to the computer. Ill upload them as soon as I can.

Sarah and I have a lesson today. Laylas been GREAT. So hopefully it will be a good lesson.

OH! And The Moms is so cute. She was in Vegas from Sat to last Sat. So Sunday and Monday were the first two days she was able to really BE in the house and see the horses. She helps with feeding and turning out. Shes very proud of herself and wants to mix up the feed and supplements and stuff. Too funny. Ill get her a horse yet!

Shantel - Congrats on the trailer!! Very nice. BIG CONGRATS on finally getting into the new house. It is about time. And the horses there, too - that's is really fantastic news. Hope you got Layla's shoe fixed. Glad to hear the horses are doing so well at your place. Hope you get the barn all sorted out and leak proof!!

Luvhorses - Sorry to hear about the show. It is so hard to ride when you are feeling that sick. Hope you are feeling better now. I can't believe you stillh haven't managed to catch up with the vet!! How frustrating for you. Definitely go with the sheepskin half pad over the gel pad. The gel pad can make any imprefections in your saddle WORSE for Alibi rather than better.

Boocoo - Sorry to hear that Beau hurt himself pulling back. I used to have that problem with my last horse until I found this really cool product called the Leader. (Man, it took me FOREVER to find that link!!! It has been YEARS since I bought one of those, and I couldn't remember what it was called for the life of me!!!) It is a bungy cord type deal that attaches with velcro, so you can wrap it around a post, or put it through a ring and hook it back to itself, whatever - it is very accomodating, and it stretches up to 9 feet or something like that before it breaks. When it breaks, the bungy is wrapped in cloth so it doesn't "snap back" and hit the horse in the face. My horse would pull back, but when the rope would "give" rather than hold, he just stopped pulling. Occasionally when he was really, really frightened, he continued to pull back and did break two or three of the Leaders in the course of 3 years. When it broke, he would just stop and stand there looking surprised. Great little product. Well worth the expense. Don't know what type of pull back issues you have with Beau, but thought I would track this product down for you in case it might be helpful. Glad to hear the rental saddle fits him so well. Hope the new saddle comes soon!! Sounds like you and Beau are making great progress. That is fantastic!! So glad to hear that things are falling into place for you two. Great news about the article. How exciting!!

Tag - Congrats on the new horse!!

Inky - Good luck with the move!! I can't believe your move date is hear already. Time certainly has flown by!!

FTA - Congrats on getting into college!!

Khabreanna - I like both pictures, but the first one is my favorite as well. Too cute!!

~Shelly~

Well for my update, I managed to sneak in a lesson with Julie before I left on vacation, then I spent nearly two weeks up at the lake in NH with Jack and the kids. The weather was so-so. It rained for the first several days, but the rest of the time, the weather was pretty nice. We just hung out by the water and did pretty much NOTHING!! It was great. Razzle was supposed to get worked the whole time I was away, but soon after I left, he managed to wedge a rock under his shoe and a loose shoe resulted though no lameness. So he spent the rest of the time confined to his stall awaiting the farrier to come fix his little foot!! The farrier showed up the day I got home. So we both had a long vacation.

On an upnote, one of my friends Deb, the woman who the boys used to get their riding lessons from, came up to the lake and spent one night with us up there. We got to talking and I mentioned that I was trying to save money in hopes of having enough to buy a new saddle by the end of the year. She got her saddle from Poland. It is a really nice saddle that isn't for sale in the States yet, but will be soon for somewhere in the $2,000 range. Once the saddle develops a name and reputation for itself here in the states, the price will most likely go up. Deb and I have tried her saddle on Raz before, so we already know it fits him. She isn't using it right now, so she offered to let me borrow it to try it. If I like it, and Julie likes it, Deb can get me one brand new direct from the maker in Poland for under $1,000 and that includes all the taxes, shipping and import costs. Now that I could afford to do right now, and once ordered and paid for, it only takes a couple of weeks to arrive.

Deb dropped the saddle off to me on Saturday. It fits Razzie nicely. I like it. I rode on Saturday in it. Then on Sunday, I managed to sneak out to the barn for a brief 20 minute ride in front of Julie in the saddle. She said it is a definite improvement over my saddle. Fits both Raz and me. She wants me to continue to ride in it all week and get more comfortable with it, then we will do a lesson this weekend and see how that goes to figure out if this is the perfect saddle or not.

I don't feel like it has changed my seat or upper body at all, but it has definitely dropped my leg down underneath me where it belongs so that I'm no longer fighting for a correct leg position. That is really nice. Other than that, it just doesn't feel that different from my saddle, so I'm not sure - but then again, the only thing wrong with my saddle is that it pulls my leg forward. I guess I just need to spend some more time in the saddle to be sure.

Now as for what the saddle is - since it isn't sold in the States yet, you most likely have never heard of the brand. It is a Ken Taur saddle and the model I am looking at getting is the Medea. You have to scroll down a ways to find the Medea, but it is there. #1018 From the pictures, it appears to be a very deep saddle, but once it is on the horse, it is not as deep as it appears.

Ken Taur Medea

So that's my update. Hope everyone is doing well.

~Shelly~

Smithereens, that Leader looks a lot like the bungee cord leadropes I use. Only they don't have the velcroe. Beau pulled back because I did not have him tied with my bungee cord lead rope, I was using my regular lead rope. I always tie him to my trailer with the bungee cord lead rope also. He tends to use regular lead ropes as pacifiers and can chew himself free, but he won't do that with the bungee cord becaue it is too rough on his tongue. He stops pulling on the bungee lead ropes, because they don't get tight. He does not pull back on a regular bais, only when something freaks him out. In the barn I cross tie him. He does much better with that, but the bath rack is the stock type. His chest is totally back to normal now. [Yay]

Krazy, hope you get your barn leak proof soon.

Smithereens, the saddle looks like a nice saddle. What a gonga price!!!!! Does it clear Razz's shoulder's ok? The reason I ask is it looks like the flap is more forward. Course it's hard to tell from a picture. If it fits you and him, I say go for it. What kind of saddle do you have now?

I love the bungee cord leads. They are so great for horses that pull. This one with the velcro works really nice because it is covered in cloth so if it breaks it doesn't snap back in the horse's face. Nice feature.

The saddle I have now is Cambridge with a very forward flap which is why my leg ends up out in front of me, and I can't get it back under me where it belongs. Oddly enough, the designer of the saddle, Jane Savoie intended the saddle to ride this way for people who wanted a "more forward leg position". Beats me why anyone would want that. ??? Seems she designs her saddles that way. Guess she likes to ride with her leg forward and a shorter stirrup.

This Ken Taur saddle, the picture just doesn't do it justice. It makes it appear as though it is very deep with a forward flap when it actually has a more shallow seat with a very straight down flap. Raz has been tremendously easy to fit. I have yet to find a saddle that doesn't work on him. I have been very fortunate in that respect. I'll have to get pictures of the saddle on him. I think the reason it appears to have a forward flap in the pictures is because it actually has a fairly large knee/thigh roll in the front, but the flap itself hangs very straight down and doesn't interfere with Raz's shoulder at all. Deb has had really good luck fitting this saddle on all sorts of different horses. She has had several of her students order the saddle for their horses as well. It is such a good deal.

~Shelly~

Saddles never look like they do in pictures. It's weird!! Anyway, this saddle sounds really nice. Hope it works out for you.

Your vacation sounds super!! Glad you had a good time and a much needed break, it sounds like. We leave next week for Yosemite. Rented a cabin for a week and my brother-n-law is meeting us there from Wyoming! We just plan on Mtn. bike riding, fishing, swimming, hikging, seeing the big trees and relaxing!

Krazy - it must be wonderful having your horses at home, and it's great that Layala and Ben love it so much, sounds like Layala's definitely relaxing!

Shelly - wow, sounds like a GREAT deal on the saddle! I wish Alibi was easy to fit too, she's the opposite! Glad your vacation was nice [smile] .

Bocoo - glad to hear Beau is back to normal. The lead that Shelly reccomended sounds neat.

Well, I FINALLY talked to the vet last week. She had to come out to take a look at a different horse, so we were able to touch-base. Alibi's nose problem isn't something we should be concerned about, it's "summer itch" apparently and I'm going to pick up a topical treatment once my vet mixes it up. Speaking of Alibi, she's been quite naughtly lately - she does things like backing up (and NOT going forward....the more leg/spur I applied the faster she'd back up), spinning, small leaps, and is VERY (as in too much) forward...she's just an all-around ball of negative tension! I got a massage therapist reccomendation, so I am going to Google her name and get her out ASAP! Hopefully the massage will help.

I leave for Thursday for my last recognized show, on Teddy. We need one more USDF Regional Championship Qualifying score at First Level and we're good to go. I am doing First Level Test 4 and Second Level Test 2 the first day, and then First Level Test 4 and Second Level Test 4 the second day. Even though I won't be able to qualify for the Championships at Second Level, the experience will be beneficial for sure.

[smiley Wavey]

Just popping my head in here for a second to say hey. Sorry I haven't been on much lately guys, we've started up packing! Beginning Saturday morning I will be gone for two weeks, one week in Arlington then one week for the road trip and getting everything hooked up in NJ. So play nicely! [big Grin]

Yes, pictures of saddles on the rack are very deceptive. I really got to take my time last night and play in the saddle. When I rode in front of Julie on Sunday, she lengthened my stirrups so much that I can barely touch them. She said I have been gripping with my legs too much and perching and not sitting deep the way I need to be, so she is basically taking my stirrups away from me to make me sit deep, relax my leg and stretch it down into the stirrup irons. When I do that, I can reach the stirrups. Any tightness and I have trouble keeping the stirrups. I spent much of the first 20 minutes of the ride calling Julie many very ugly names - but then all of a sudden, I figured out what she wanted me to do, and I could ride. My legs hung where I needed them to be, and I had no problems with the stirrups, and my seat was connected and solid. It was great. And then I tried the mediums, and what do you know, I can REALLY SIT the mediums, and I mean sit them rock solid, and keep my legs quiet with my feet in the too long stirrups and keep Raz round and through and balanced and even change his bend half way across the diagonal to prepare for the corner. It was amazing. I have never gotten mediums like that from him. All this time, I thought it was ME that I just couldn't sit to his mediums, but it was really my SADDLE that was preventing me from sitting them. Go figure. I told Deb she wasn't getting her saddle back from me!!! HA!!!

I took a couple of pictures of the saddle on Razzle - just on the crossties in the barn last night, so they aren't the greatest, but you get the idea. The pad is really huge, so you can see how the pad sits up on his shoulder, but the saddle itself is no where near his shoulder. It drops straight down. And the stirrups hang straight down right under where the rider sits right at the girth in the appropriate spot for the rider's leg. Just a well designed and well balanced saddle. It really sits on him well. I don't think I really need the half pad on him with this saddle, but Deb said since I was using one with my other saddle, to just put it on with this saddle as well. I will have Julie take a look and see what she thinks.

-

-

-

~Shelly~

Boocoo - The vacation sounds PERFECT!! Have a blast!!!

Luvhorses - Glad to hear that you FINALLY got to talk to the vet about Alibi, and it isn't anything serious - though if it had been, I'm sure he/she would have gotten in touch with you right away. Wonder what's up with Alibi and the bad behavior though??? Perhaps you have been letting her get away with a little too much since you have been so worried about her and now she is taking advantage of your leniency??? Raz does that to me. Good luck getting her sorted out. Good luck at the show!! Hope you get your last qualifying score. That would be really fantastic!!

Inky - Good luck with the visit and the move!!!

~Shelly~

Shelly, the saddle looks really nice. Looks close to the style and everything I need. Can you get these saddles on trial? Or what? I know you said they arent available in the states but can you get it and see if it fits the horse and you and if not send it back??

The barn is coming along. We have the back and left side covered in the Hardi Panel. Ricky is going to have one of the painters paint it to match the house, so that will be cute.

Sarah and I had a lesson yesterday. Our instructor LOVES the new place and my barn. We had a hard lesson and worked at me SITTING the canter and imagining me lifting Layla up with my legs, but pulling up from my femur and not my heel. It made me really sit on my seat bones but man, its hard b/c those muscles are so tight I can barely do it! We also worked on me establishing a rhythm and marching Layla and making her listen and wait for ME. Once she got it, we were doing perfect leg yields to TOF and reversing. I just need to work on my timing!

Uh-oh...Inky's gone.... [Crazy]

Sorry I've been MIA too. Technical problems, too much work, too much !@#$#@! going on at home, just too much of too much, really.

The ponies are doing fine. I rode Jag today for the first time in my dressage saddle...I've been in the western one since he got here. Felt strange but we had a couple of good trots and we think he's in another growth spurt as he's been a bit grumpy and heavy lately, like he's bodysore. [Roll Eyes]

Gosh I hope not...I don't need a 17hh monster to ride, but what will be will be I guess.

I got him a new show bridle, an Otto Schumacher, and a really blingy browband, with emeralds and crystals. It's just gorgeous, and it'll get broken in on the 21st & 22nd, when he goes to San Juan Capistrano for his next show. Don't worry, I'm getting professional pics of him this time, and I WILL POST THEM. [Jump]

Pokey's being leased out, by another lady who's a very timid rider and needs a good, solid and safe horse, which just so happens to be on the Pokester's business card, big time. I'm just happy he's got a job and he's so loved by everyone there. At least I don't have to worry about him. Trainer loves him too...which helps greatly! [Not Worthy]

My kitchen is scheduled for demolition on Monday and SU is driving me nuts. I'm in the midst of a huge payroll conversion here at work, and everyone else involved is driving me nuts. I will be in a rubber room verrrrry soon now.... [Crazy]

Boo--CONGRATS on getting in the Racing Journal!! [Yay] I'll pick one up, and you'll have to autograph it for me!!

Hit the Add Reply button too fast.. [Confused]

luv--good luck at your show. Sounds exciting! And sounds like you've got a handle on Alibi's issues, no thanks to a vet that appeared to have fallen off the planet.

Krazy--oh the joys of having horses at home. [surrender] Like taking care of giant, self-destructive termites. Actually it's my preference but right now boarding has some real advantages for me. Just keep on keeping on, keep a smile and sense of humor and take a picture of them being happy in that pasture...it truly is worth it!

smith--nice saddle! I'm still getting an education in saddles, so much to know.

khabreanna--pictures are very nice. I like the first one, too.

[big Grin]

Luv, wishing you the best at your show. Can't wait for updates.

Smith, the saddle looks great. I agree with you, I'd try it without the 1/2 pad. I use one right now too, but won't have to when my Albion arrives.

Krazy, hope all is settling in nicely at the new house.

DQ, you can say you knew me when! [ROTFL][ROTFL]

Now that's hysterical. Anyway, when I get the issue, I'll get a color copy to you. Will you be at the Aug. 6th show? That's my next one. The new bridle and browband sound gorgeous. Hope you survive your kitchen demolition!

Inky, hope the move goes well!

[ 07-12-2006, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

Back from the show, and I got my Region 6 Championships Qualifying score for First Level [Yay] ! I got a 63.something% and needed a 62%. I also did Second Level Test 4 for the first time and got 56.863%, which I was happy with - I was also a bit worried about our shoulder-in and renver to the right, but we ended up getting 7's on both shoulder-in and renver both directions [big Grin] . Teddy was overall a good boy.

Shelly - I think that me being lenient when she was having back problems is definitely playing a part in her bad behavior, and now that summer is here I will be able to ride her more and take more lessons. Since she's sort of had some time off, since I have been busy showing and practicing with Teddy. I also think her health is a big piece in this...because I can feel her trying to do what I'm asking, but she's not quite with me, if that makes sense.

Deequeue - your new bridle sounds nice! Got any pictures? [big Grin] .

I am pooped from the show, so now it's dinner & bed!

Heres a link to my post that has pics from the new house and the ponays.

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c;f=28;t=038187

And whats even cooler is that even with my jobs hours and not getting off until 10pm, I can still ride! We have a light on the electric pole behind the barn and then the lights in the barn. With them both on, I can see totally behind the barn and like 50' all around it. So the last two nights Ive gotten on at like 10:30-11pm and ridden for like 30 mins or so. I got in from riding tonight at 12:15am! ha! Its great. Laylas wonderful. Eeee. Loving the new house!

[ 07-21-2006, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

Krazy - I looked at your post, you have a lovely barn and home!

I am going to the Region 6 Championships in September, and I need another show pad. I was wondering what you all think of this one, it's from Dressage Extensions: http://www.dressageextensions.com/ProductD...l.asp?KEY=25201. I would probably get the black with gold cord, as I already have a white with gold trim pad. Any opinions? I was also thinking about this one (http://www.dressageextensions.com/ProductDetail.asp?KEY=25091) in black/white too.

Hope everyone is well!

[smiley Wavey]

[Confused]

Since this thread seems to be on hiatus at the moment, I'll go ahead and post some Jag news.

Went to a 2-day show last Friday & Saturday. In 113-degree temps. It was godawful (the weather, that is). Trainer showed him in T-3 & T-4. First test on Friday was late in the afternoon, we were all like wrung-out dishrags by this point, and Jag just decided to trot right out of the court, nice as you please. Got it on video, pretty funny actually, and Tiffany (my trainer) was so unprepared for that little detour, she almost didn't realize he was gone until he was almost out the gate. The next test was a bit better, his score was in the 61-62 range, and the judge later said that if he hadn't decided he was outta there (and dq'd as a result) she would've scored him at around 66.

Saturday was even worse than Friday, if that's possible. More humid and hot at the same time, and I actually had to stop and sit in the shade more than once due to the heat. But Jag's T-3 score was 69.2. He looked awesome--and he was really a good boy, just went around and stayed consistent, his first complete time. T-4, we dunno what happened...same judge, but he might have been tired and her comments were centered around the fact that he wasn't as forward as she would have liked. But he got a 62.4 anyway.

Mission accomplished...keeping him consistent and soft and just getting him around the court (all except on Friday anyway). I was very happy with him.

Rode him this morning, for the first time in over a week (too much going on at home and at work unfortunately). I was tense, he was tense, wasn't real productive. And he's really growing up and out now...his shoulders have filled out, and lord help me if he isn't getting even taller...He's probably pushing 16.3-17 hh now.

[Eek!]

[surrender] I didn't get any pics this past weekend, but I will. I need one for my desk, anyway and he's got another show on the 6th, hopefully I can get either a couple of snaps on my own or there'll be photographer there.

[big Grin]

luv--the link to your pads didn't work for me, but I'm sure a black/gold trim pad will look smashing. I have 2 like that--one white, one black, both with gold cord trim around the edge.

Congrats on qualifying! [Yay]

Hey, everyone!

It's been awhile for me, and I've lost track of a lot of stuff! I'll try to pick up what I remember...

luv - Congrats on your show! The pictures looked great! You should be very proud of yourself! I think the black/gold will be nice, too. You'll stand out a bit with it, but I don't think it will be considered tacky.

dee - Sounds like an interesting show experience! Almost can't blame him for wanting out, but I think he made up for it with those scores. Very impressive, especially since he hasn't been doing it for that long! Keep it up! And 17hh -- wow! Been awhile since I was up that high. I'm a "flat-lander" at the moment.

So, not much riding lately. There's a ton of renovation and stuff going on at the barn, plus they're throwing this huge party for their daughter's graduation that's been months in the making. That's this Saturday, so hopefully after that, things will die down. The riding I've been getting in is mainly trail and the like for conditioning. I've been using the western saddle so the weight could be distributed more evenly for what he's been doing. He was a ranch pony for a long while, I don't want too much of the new English to make him ouchie. (I know, I am a terrible, terrible worrywart and I am convinced I will "break" my horse.) Not to mention the bugs and temperatures. Hopefully August will be cooler. Gotta give him credit though -- he certainly tries for me! Or maybe I should say...he puts up with me... [Question]

Hope you're all beating the heat! [smiley Wavey]

Deequeue - Wow, 69% at T-3 is awesome. I personally think that's the hardest test in Training Level. What a big boy you have...16.3/17hh probably seems even bigger to me, since my mare is a slender 14.2hh [big Grin] . Though I *do* know what big horses are like, as I used to lease a HUGE barreled 16.1hh Dutch WB. I look liked a little pea on top of him! Anyways, congrats again on Jag's scores!

Dreamin' - Thanks [smile] . I live in WA, where we are used to rain, rain, rain, but recently it's been super hot, well compared to the normal weather. It's been in the mid 90's, but the past day or so it's been in the 80's. The horses are sweating before we even get on!

*I think the link didn't work as there's a "." at the end [Confused]

[smiley Wavey]

Hi everyone!

I sometimes post on this board but I thought I would get to know everyone on here a bit more. I normally post on GCC.

I haven't read all of this thread because 16 pages is a lot to read all at once so I'm just going to butt in and say Hi.

[smiley Wavey]

Edited because it would help if I could spell....

[ 07-27-2006, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]