Sign in to follow this  
FleckenAwesome

YAY!!!!!!!!!

hey all!

i'm sooooo excited. I had a horse show this weekend. I didn't get to stay after my last ride to see my results because i had to go to work. And i just found out today that i WON my 1st level 1 test! i'm sooooooooooo excited [smile] let me start from the beginning [smile]

we did training 4, but it was HC (however you spell it...not judged with the rest of the class) because i had to ride earlier so i could get to work on time so i did it in the small arena instead of the large. But... anyways, ended up with a 61.2.... not too great, but not bad. And i was rushed because i was running late that am and there were very distracting chickens and goats near the arena. So... not bad, but i wasn't real pleased. judges comments were right on... but turns out we would have "won" that class had we been judged with the rest of them [smile] so yay! then we did a prix caprilli which, we actually warmed up for twice, because i had my times wrong! argh... so the prix caprilli went well but we landed on the wrong lead after one jump and had to switch leads. didn't think it counted against me, so long as we fixed it. ended up tied for 5th in a group of about 12, so pretty pleased with that...fleck was getting better about the chickens! So then...another long hour wait, in the rain!, and then warmed up for 1st level 1. which is only our second time showing. First time was a disaster (long story...but bad arena, not quite ready). So... i realized i was riding against a previous boss of mine and her daughter. also a veterinarian! so anyways, the mom had a really nice hanoverian with really pretty movements and daughter had a slightly young and goofy but beautiful arab. he was a nice mover, but a bit spooky. guess the chickens got to him too! so anyways, we went first and it was GREAT! Fleck felt AWESOME! however, after being warmed up 4 times and riding 2 tests already, he was getting tired. the wet sloppy puddled arena didn't help either. And... i was tired too (only slept 4 hours night before), so he broke into his trot too early because i didn't keep my leg on. wouldn't pick it back up just then and since we were only four or five strides before we were supposed to break anyways, i just stopped trying to canter. then we had one or two canter strides during my second lengthening cause i overrode it since he broke at the canter and i thought he was tired...which still was as he went into the canter instead of continueing to lengthen. and one little jiggy thing when going from free walk to medium walk. BUt..... overall i was very pleased. it was a great ride and [smile] our free walk was fabulous. so i had to leave after that. didn't get to see other two riders go, but they looked good in warm up. Well, turns out.... i freakin' WON! i'm so excited. my big ol' goofy puppy dog APPY beat the fancy hanoverian and arab! SWEET! it's really nice to have all your hard work pay off [smile] but more importantly to have that great feeling after a ride. i was glad with our test even if we had been third, but to find out we got 1st was just the icing on the cake [smile] i'm so proud of him! he was such a good boy and gave it his all [smile] trekked right through those mud puddles, and even sorta forgot about the chickens!

anyways, sorry, i'm just so excited! i'll have to get my scores and comments from my trainer later as she had to pick them up for me so i could get to work.

thanks for reading the novel [Wink] just very excited and proud of my boy and me!

Thats wonderful, congratulations! [Jump] You don't have to have a Warmblood to do dressage as well all know, but you also don't have to have a Warmblood to do WELL in dressage.

Again, congrats! [Yay]

Great job Flecken!! Luv is right. You don't have to have a WB to do well in dressage. My horse is Appx. QH and have won classes at rated shows also! It rocks, doesn't it?

Did you get pictures?

Thanks guys. totally wasn't trying to bash WB's. ...cause just cause you have one, doesn't mean it's easy. it was just nice to win when it was totally unexpected. and even if i had come in third, it was just a WONDERFUL ride! soooo great. and unfortunately no... no pics. it was raining, well POURING, on and off and my trainer was there for two of us, so.... i didn't think about it until too late. but i really wish i had videotaped it. I'm going to get another lesson in two days, so i'll be able to get my score sheet from my trainer and see my comments [smile]