Sign in to follow this  
BisQuickDoc

Dressage Chit-Chat Thread Volume 12

3Day - Ahhh, the weather sounds wonderful! It might get down to 10 degrees tonight [shocked] I *hate* the cold. Since it's been pretty chilly lately, and since we've been having snow, I put a dress sheet on Alibi under her turnout - she's outside 24/7, though she has a large 3-sided shed to get out of the elements in, she sometimes doesn't choose to do so (except of course when she is being fed, as she's fed inside the shed) [Razz] I haven't found a horse yet, I am still looking and also posted a Wanted ad so we shall see!

Boocoo - thanks [smile] Teddy is looking better so I will probably lunge and possibly ride him on Wednesday.

Shantel - sorry to hear about the troubles with your Stepmom. Hope that is all over and done with ASAP! Your SIL's horse for sale is super cute, and like others said, you look really good on him...and I like Sarah's idea on sharing him w/ you [Wink][big Grin]

Tag - I have heard good things about MSM so hopefully you will note a difference soon. The weather changes/snow/wind/rain/etc. have definitely had an effect on my horses!

Bad news here...my sister found out this morning a close friend died, but let me back up and tell you the whole story: my sister returned in August 2006 from an eleven-month exchange in Austria. Half way through her exchange she became close friends with another exchange student, Kate, from Canada. Apparently Saturday morning, Nov. 25th (2006) she and other friends (also exchange students) were waiting for a train to come, and Kate fell and got her foot caught in the railroad track and a train came, going quite fast, ran her over and killed her. It was her 18th Birthday, and she was going to go back home to Canada at the end of December. My sister, Abby, found out by email this morning and totally broke down, understandably, so it has been a rough day for both of us. Please keep Kate's friends and family in your thoughts and prayers, it would really be appreciated.

Wow luv, that is a really freak accident. How tragic for her and her family! Prayers going out there way! [Angel] When things like that happen, it makes all the little things in life seem so meaningless, doesn't it?

Shantel, your SM is whacked out. I can' t believe she would have the audacity to even ask you about putting LI on you!

Rode Beau today and wow, we are finally getting this sitting trot thing. He of course would work and bend when I would post the trot, but if I was not particularly balanced at the sitting trot, he would get quite upset with me! [bang Head] He has the hugest, bounciest trot, I felt so bad for him, but thank to one of Rio's posts, I am sitting much better and we are able to work this way and he is not so mad at me anymore! I finally have another lesson tomorrow night, so I am anxious for her to see my progress! Haven't had a lesson in two weeks now, due to moving and then Thanksgiving.

McKenzie! OMG! That is so horrible! That poor girl and her family. My heart aches for them. What a tragic accident. [Frown] I will def keep all involved in my prayers!

Well I finished my dressage arena. I must say, it looks very good, and for 1/10th the price of most arenas.

I rode Ben today for Sarah. Shes at her wits end with him being a tard so I got on to try to help. At first, before getting on, I took him out with the dressage whip and leadrope and made him walk and trot circles around me. Really to just get him moving FORWARD and away. He did well. Only offered his rear to me once and with a firm swack that was over.

When I got on, it was business IMMEDIATELY. Just like Molly had taught me to do with Layla. No dilly dalling around. Im on, you work. So we started off walking, getting him to soften to the bit, walk correct into the corners and around my leg. Then we did trot work. He was surprisingly very good. At the end, he was working very well. We ended with walk/halt transitions and a few steps of backing up. Then we cooled out and practiced him doing a U turn with my only aids being my shoulder back, looking where I wanted, and a deep seat bone to tell him where to go. He was perfect with that. So it was a good ride.

Tomorrow Im going to have Sarah ride Layla so she can get a feel of a trained horse and show her what Im doing with Ben so she can use it when she rides.

BTW, does anyone have an experience with the ulser medicines for horses? I *thinking* Layla may have some, so I was going to try a few doses of some of the cheaper stuff and see if it helps. If it does, then Id dose her with some other stuff to help her out. Preferably a paste or liquid. Anyone?

Well Im off to shower. It was spitting rain while we rode so Im wet and stinking. Ew.

iluv- BRRRR sounds very chilly! Do you board your horses or are they at home? I've been trying to find a barn around here to keep Scotch at...and barns around here can be quite expensive. I'm just curious on how 24/7 turnout is? Glad to hear Teddy is doing better! Are you looking to buy a horse? Or to lease? I'm soo sorry to hear about your sister's friend [Frown]

I will keep you, your sister and the family in my prayers [Huggy]

Boocoo- Thanks! I'm the big 21...hah! doing dressage work out in fields does wonders!!! That's what I did w/ Scotch for his canter work when we first addressed his canter issues in the ring. He was totally different doing it out in a field...we believe someone really man handled him in the ring making him a nervous wreck. Jade and I did a lot of canter/lateral work in the field as well...different scenery for us both as well! Anyways how's the lessons going???

Krazy-Ouuu sounds like your stemom is an interesting character. Hang in there!

Oncewastag- ouu massages! Glad to hear that your pony is feeling a bit better..

I'm DYING to ride. I haven't ridden in like 2 weeks! I'm hoping to start back up w/ lessons next week w. event trainer. Getting very excited about Scotch coming down. I'm heading up North to my dressage trainer to have a lesson on him, clip, and get all his things around for the move down here... [smile]

Krazy- One of my friend's mare would get ulcers when she was in her heavy competetion season especially with all the traveling. They used Ulcer Guard which worked wonders for the mare! It was in the paste form.

3day, bet you can't wait for Scotch.

Riding in the field is so much fun. Beau really relaxes and his canter is amazing out there. I can really feel him giving me his back out there. I did ride in the covered arena today and he was pretty good!!

Hey everyone!

Haven’t been on the Dressage BB for a while!

Red pony just got done from his mini winter vacation, which made him a very happy pony. He didn’t protest at all when I rode him today, which is a huge step from the week before last. I took him to our last event of the season (have pics if anyone wants them) Which was very very fun [big Grin] His dressage has come leaps and bounds and im uber happy about it.

It has been cold here (well, for Nor cal) Supposed to get into the 20's up here tonight [Frown] It was about 50 today which is far to cold for me [Razz]

[smiley Wavey]

Thank you everyone...it most definitely was a freak accident! I just cannot fathom watching something so horrific, and knowing there is not a darn thing you can do about it. And her poor parents, it'd be really hard to be the person to tell them about the accident. When you hear about something like that, it really does make everything seem less important, and makes me really grateful that I have my life and am healthy...I don't think I mentioned it in my last post, but apparently a 16 year old boy got caught under the train, I don't know the details, but he ended up getting knocked out, sounds odd but I imagine he isn't in the best of shape right now, probably in cirtical condition...I am sure him & his family could use some prayers right now too!

Boocoo - glad sitting trot is going well [smile] The horses sure do tell us when we do things not to their satisfaction [Razz]

Shantel - congrats on finishing your arena! And at a good price, even better! Sounds like you getting on Ben helped, and I am sure having Sarah ride Layla will help, it can definitely be beneficial to ride a trained horse to get "that feeling". My trainer had a horse that was a picky eater and showed signs of Ulcers, and she put him on G.U.T. It really worked well for her!

3Day - I have my horses boarded. Alibi's board is $200 per month, and that is for full care, she's just outside all the time (which she loves! She'd MUCH rather be outside than in a stall, as it is what she is used to). She gets fed twice per day (hay and grain, though she gets beet pulp), and they also feed her supplements at no extra charge, though I of course provide them. Teddy is also in full care board, though he goes in a stall at night and is in a smaller-than-Alibi's individual paddock during the day (Alibi is out with one other horse). His board is $380 per month. Right now I am looking to buy or lease, I am have a limited budget (let's just say no $35K Warmbloods are in my future, unless I win the Lotto [Razz] ), so a lease would be great, but there are limited horses up for lease in my area, and most aren't what I am looking for. Horse searching is definitely time consuming! Have fun with Scotch [smile]

Red - glad to hear the pony is doing well. I WISH it was in the 50's during the day here! Eeee, the cold is no fun! And we are supposedly having a snow storm tomorrow, let's hope school is cancelled!! The last two days we've had a two hour late start, so school didn't start until 10:00am...it was quite nice to be able to sleep in!

CK was, for the first time in several weeks, willingly soft and forward today. We even *gasp* CANTERED one whole lap around the ring. And we didn't die. And he softened back to me when we down transitioned!

I gotta get back to homework so I can't reply to everyone but *hugs and jingles* to all who need them

So the saddle search continues. Ive spent the last 2 hours on the internet looking at hundreds of saddles and finally have decided to have this one sent to me on trial.

http://www.trumbullmtn.com/Saddle_Pics/use...e_pics/9061.JPG

Its an 18" Albion Legend. It looks to have a more forward cut flap, shallower seat, higher pommel with cut back for Layla, and the flaps arent too long. So I should get it next week. So keep your fingers crossed!

***edit***

I also found this one, so I am having it sent out as well. A lot of people on COTH said that I actually need a shorter more forward flap, so this other Albion is a short flap as well. Its also a 19" so well see. Heres the pic.

http://www.olsonstack.com/product_details....uct_disp_id=960

[ 11-29-2006, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

I have been frustrated lately with just how reactive Fessor is to sounds and to my leg. I think I just had an "Ah Ha!" moment. Part of my frustration has been that Fessor should be adjusting to the fact he cannot see. The general rule of thumb I have heard is to allow about six months for the horse to adjust to blindness, and we are at about five and a half months since Fessor started acting blind. Maybe the strong reactions to sound and touch indicate that Fessor IS adjusting, and that his other senses are compensating for the loss of sight. So touches might feel stronger than they used to, and sounds might be louder. Maybe Fess isn't so insecure at the new place as he is just not yet accustomed to hearing and feeling and smelling so much more.

I can't say I won't still get nervous if he seems ready to spook. But I think it will help me stay patient with Fessor if I have an idea WHY he is spooking more than he used to. Yes, we are in a new place. And Fess has had a lot of changes over the past year. But maybe, his senses are giving him more information now so that things ARE more overwhelming until he gets accustomed to his sharper senses.

just poking my head in to say hi. cross your fingers for me, i am hoping for a forward driven ride tonight from my Jakob. lately he has lost strength due to increased rest and his arthritis acting up. its just a matter of trying to get readjusted and finding our best way to manage the arthritis, just like before we left texas. we'll get it. time is my friend i have to remember that.

Tracy, i never thought of all the things you said, about Fessor needing time to readjust. you figure if we as humans lost our sight all our other senses would increase to make up for it, so everything would seem more intense. i hope in realizing this it does give you patience and courage to lead Fess, kinda to be his rock.

Luvhorses, sorry to hear about the tragedy so close to you and your loved ones. my prayers are will you

to all i hope everyone had a great turkey day!

Also my other half asked me for gift ideas for Christmas, i have made him a list so he can pick and chose, does anyone have any must read books, or items that i may have over looked but cant live without? thanks guys

well i rode, at first i wanted to cry. his tail was swooshing (meaning his not completely comfy) his stride was short and he was so flat back. after about 15 minutes of warming up at the walk trot in big circles, small circles, serpentines and figure eights we finally losend up and he did awesome. the sitting trot was quiet and effortless, and our working trot was driven and had impulsion. it could have been better but it could have been worse. we had rythem, not great but we had it and i was able to achieve the rainbow and up and over the cloud. our energy flowed from his back to his nose just flowing and forward, this maybe crazy talk but a few ppl know what i mean. haha [Jump] my last trainer was a very visually descriptive person. lol all in all i am proud of my baby! i hope to drag my husband out to the barn to get some riding pics. hope everyone else had agood ride.

Luv, that is too bad about the 16 year old boy also. Hope he is all right.

Shantel, both saddles look nice. I think you will find the 19" more comfortable.

Eventing Red, nice to see you back on the boards.

I had a lesson again tonight. It went really well. She was pleased with my progress and showed me how to ride the stretchy trot more effectively than I had been before. She is really an awesome instructor. I feel so lucky to have just sort of "landed" at this barn, with an instructor of her caliber.

Got all my Cmas shopping done today! Whew! I ought to sleep good tonight. Shopping all day, riding all night, man! And....... it 's supposed to turn plum cold tomorrow.

Everyone stay warm!

I can not believe it was 80 when I finished my lesson last night and today it never got over 34 for the high!

Lesson went well. This instructor is awesome. Sat. I am going to her place to watch her teach a GP rider's lesson. And watch her and her husband ride.

i know what you mean Boocoo, i rode wednesday in a t-shirt, and i could hear the wind picking up while we were in the indoor arena, and then yesterday we got sent home from work because of an ice storm, it knocked out our power and ripped apart trees last night. we got to come to work late too. i never thought i'd be happy to come to work but hey the power is on here lol

Power on is a good thing. [big Grin] That could be a cool name for a horse, eh? "Power On" Ha ha. Ok, maybe it's a little dorky.

Nice day today. High 50's by the time I rode. No wind, so didn't feel to bad. My instructor told me the other night to take my bridle up one hole each side. So I did and we started off really good, but by the end of the ride, he was really behind the vertical. I had no contact at all, the stinker. I could see his nose to his chest in the mirrors. He never does that, so figured the bit was too tight. So when I got off, I adjusted it one hole on the left and leveld it out. Have to see how that does when I ride tomorrow. I'll ask her about it in the a.m. also, as I will see her before I ride.

Luv- ouu reasonable prices for boarding. Hope Teddy is doing well. haha don't worry no 35K horses in my range either. Horse searching is time consuming...been there done that for over a year! [smile] I had fun doing it though.

Boocoo- omg I'm so jealous that you are done w/ your Christmas shopping...I still have yet to start! Glad to hear that your lessons are going well. Sounds like you are learning a lot and having a blast!

TracyA- Hope Fessor is settling down and you are having good rides!

ricki- Good rides are always the best!

Went out and looked at a farm yesterday. I wasn't thrilled with the turnout time. Had fabulous footing in their indoor and a ton of jumps which is good. Outdoor is lighted which is awesome as well. Wasn't thrilled with their ability to keep the barn tidy. I'm a stickler when it comes to clean barns...but overall the stalls were clean and the water buckets seemed to be scrubbed daily. Their aisle was messy and there was a bunch of cobwebs in one barn that Scotch would be staying in. (I've barn managed a couple of years and tidy/cobweb free was important to me) This is the farm with the Iron Springs trainer (or was)...her name is Angela, I think is what the owner said her name was and said that she was on the front cover of Dressage Today a few months ago? I haven't met her yet, but the owner wants me to come back out and meet her next week...she's looking for someone to help her out so it would be nice if I could work off lessons with her.

The other downside to this barn is that lessons are mandatory to board there. I'm not sure if i acn afford to do that for I'm already taking lessons w/ an event trainer that I've been riding w/ since transfering colleges. But hopefully I can convince the trainer if I ride w/ Angela perhaps that will count towards the lessons. The other 2 instructors are hunter people.

So I'm going to look at another farm maybe this weekend...the only problem is that this barn might not have any jumps. It's strictly dressage which is fine, but me being an eventer and dressage rider jumps play an important role..haha.

Anyone else board there horses or has? What was your horse(s) turnout situation like? Or lessons are mandatory in order to board??

(whew sorry about the novel)

3Day - my trainer, who I started out with and am still with (she teaches at and owns the facility I board at), now requires boarders to either have their horse in training or they need to be taking lessons. This did not used to be a requirement, but to just board horses and only recieve board isn't really profitable - the "real" money comes from the "extras", aka training and lessons.

Tag - glad to hear CK was relaxed, that can definitely be a challenge for some horses, one of mine included [Wink]

Krazy - both those saddles look nice! Let us know how they go. Saddle searching is, well, not always so fun...but it will be all the nicer when you finally find the right one!

Tracy - sounds like you're right on target with Fess's behavior...seems like he is compensating his lack of sight with a lot more smelling and hearing, makes sense, that's for sure! I am sure he will be accustomed to them over time.

Rick - thanks [smile] . Glad to hear about your ride on 11/29!! Can't wait for pictures [big Grin]

Boocoo - quite the weather ya got goin' on over there! It has "warmed up" into the 40's the past day or so...but it is still darned cold to me! My trainer is gone for the weekend so my friend and I are cleaning stalls for her tomorrow AM, but I guess we won't be *too* cold since we will be working. *Shivers*. It is so good you found this instructor - I bet it will be awesome to watch a GP level lesson. What level does your instructor's hubby ride at?

Good news here is that Teddy is totally sound!! Yippee...he was giving me a bit of a scare there. Guessing he hurt himself at play, and with the wet conditions lately, he probably slipped and hurt himself. I am still applying liniment for a bit longer and we'll keep an eye on the leg, but cross your fingers it was just a little slip in the paddock! I asked for a flying change on Wednesday and got a couple nice ones [big Grin] 'Course they still need TONS of work, but at least Teddy has got the grasp on them, now it's just me that has to catch up.

Hey Guys!!

Haven’t been on in forever! Best Wishes to everyone and hope all are well!!

I'll give a quick update,

I visited the emergency room for the first time on Tuesday!! [smile]

Mr. Gatsby decided that on our trail ride he’s going to be afraid of birds and round bales in the storage barn and took off rearing, bucking, and farting and

I landed perfectly on ribs. I think for the first time in my life I realized I didnt "bounce" anymore and laid there for just a second to catch my breath. Gatsby stood there with me, at which I was amazed at the fact and being close to a mile or so away from the barn I got on and rode back to the barn where I proceeded to explain the situation and asked someone to kindly call a friend to take me to the ER.

One friend kindly put Gatsby away for me(God bless her!) and I was on my way.

The 3 hour wait wasn’t too bad and I discovered perception drugs are my friend.

Luckily I didn’t break anything! According to the doctor I torn all the muscles along my rib cage, and through my back. But no worries, I was topside again in a two days and even rode 3 days after visiting the emergency room [big Grin]

I am now a member of the "frequent fliers" club at the barn, lol.

[smiley Wavey]

BQD, hope you are feeling better. Rib injuries always hurt! Ouch!!! [Huggy]

3 day, good luck on the barn search. My barn is not the tidiest either, which I prefer, but the horses are fat and sassy. Water is cleaned daily and stalls are cleaned daily. Horses are turned out at owner's preference. It is just a dressage boarding barn. Lessons not required. The trainer comes over every Wed. and teaches whoever wants a lesson. I have been at barns that require 1/2 or full training. I prefer it the way I have it now. then it's up to me and I don't have to "make up" a lesson if I miss one.

Luv, both trainers are Grand Prix Level riders, have their gold medals and trained with Michael Poulin for years. They trained and showed one horse so successfully that Michael took him to Barcelona Olympics as a back up horse. His full brother is the GP school master I rode a couple of weekends ago. They have a full training facility, complete with a dressage tack shop. I am going to start as a working student for them this week. That will help with my lessons, since I am jobless right now!

Our weather turned plum cold Thurs. Raine and down in the 30's for the high. Friday and Sat. were better and I rode, rode today also, but it was only like 40 and windy. That made it colder. Hope it warms up soon. They say this cold weather is unusual in these parts!!! I sure hope so! [big Grin]

BQD - OMG! Feel better soon. Sometimes drugs can be a good thing... [Huggy]

I came off my boy on wednesday, but I think i'm ok now. Just need to wear that helmet...I wonder where it is? [Question]

Its starting to snow here. No more 70 degree weather for me!

Tracey - I just read how your lesson went. I'm so happy for you! [Yay]

The weather is so crazy here right now. Raining and humid and not getting below 60 at night and into the high 70s during the day. In December! This is totally not like north Fla, as it can and usually does get pretty darn chilly in the Winter. I hope it cools down. I think this rain is a cold front though. So we'll see.

Today we went and got our Xmas tree. Very exciting. We are finally able to buy a big tree now that we have the room for it. The Moms and I hit up Wally World for more lights as we always had short trees and we no longer have enough strands to go around this tree. While there, we purchased lighted snowmen that line the walk way and snow men lights!!!!! I am totally obcessed with snowmen, so Im delighted.

Worked with Ben again this evening b/c Sarah couldnt come out. He started off good, then decided that hed rather be in his stall eating hay than listening to me, so we had a "conversation" about whos ideas were right. I ended up having to get the lead rope with the chain on it to convince him I was right. A few pops when he blew me off, and we were right on the same page. He finished up the in hand session perfectly and got a yummy carrots and lots of praises. I worked him last night too, and other than like a MINOR misunderstanding, he was perfect. So we are def improving. And Sarah rode him after doing this in hand work and said it has def improved their riding sessions, which is always a plus.

A trainer that my friend rides with replied to my email request about meeting up for lessons. She travels and actually lives about 5 mins away. So hopefully this weekend we are going to get together! Yay. And hopefully my Albions will be here on trial.

Unfortunately for me, I have a rib out in my back. OMG. It hurts so bad. Feels like someone has a knife and continues to STAB me in the back with every movement. Bending over to pick something up, turn to grab something, couch, sneeze, laugh, anything. Randy got a break this morning and come home for a few hours. I got him to give me a bear hug and attempt to adjust me. It feels better, but its not totally in. And I dont go to the chiro until Friday! Ugh.

Bis, take care of those ribs! And hang in there. I got bucked off my 4 y/o one night and landed in the ER. No torn muscles, but compressed nerves from my spine, around my hip, to my inner thigh. Hurt like a biotch and even large doses of Loracets made it so I could barely walk.

Its almost 1:30 so I cant go back and reply but I *did* read everyones replies so far. Keep the updates coming!

Well. We did it. Randy and I splurged on the parents Xmas gifts this year. Much deserved after they splurged on our wedding!

My parents were raised in the 60s, and are in LOVE with Van Morrison. He is like my step dads idol. And both my parents LOVE him to death.

My step dad never thought he would see him in concert as he RARELY tours the US or even the North American continent. Well last year.. 2 yrs ago? my mom surprised him with tickets to see him in Toronto. The closest Van Morrison has been to us in a long time. My step dad, who HATESSSS LOATHESSSS to fly, happily flew to Toronto to see him and about passed out when he came onto stage.

The Moms has been talking about getting him another set of tickets but cant find him close to here.

Well Randy found out hes coming to Kississimee Florida! Thats where Disney is and is about 1 1/2-2 hrs away. MUCH closer than Toronto. So we did it. We bought them. $389 later.. I have them printed out and ready to go into a box to be wrapped for Xmas.

They are going to flip. Lose it. Wig out. Mwha. [big Grin]

But seeing as these are Xmas gifts, and the concert is on 1/2/07, that doesnt give them much time to get hotel reservations and make plans. I guess Im going to tell them we have something arranged for them for that day and to not make plans but not tell them what until Xmas?

So thats part of the excitement for the day.

The other excitement is that today while Sarah was doing Bens in hand work, he swung his rear to her while walking, and kicked her in her leg. Right below her hip and knocked her to the ground. All b/c he didnt want to walk in a circle around her. Geezus. So she spanked him and all but shes really upset. We have our farrier coming out Wednesday to help as he also backs horses and deals with problem horses. So hopefully that helps.

I came home tonight and did about 5-10 mins of the same in hand stuff and he was perfect. But DEF in tune and whatever she did after the kick made him listen as he did great. So who knows.

Thats my update. [smile]

[ 12-05-2006, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

CK has never felt so good. The massage really worked. I mean, it's 11 degrees and I'm bitterly cold and he was squealing during our ride, but he was SO fluid and forward and didn't lean or curl up.

Good boy. Video later this week? Quite possibly

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone!!!

Krazy, it was really nice of you to get your parents the tickets!!! I'm sure they'll love them!!

Tag, cant wait for videos! Glad you had a wonderful ride!!

Luv- Yes I can see how that would help, and I understand but my problem is that I would not only be taking lessons w/ my event trainer but having to take MORE lessons on atop of that...something that I can't afford. hehe but anyways I've got it all worked out. I'll say why down below.

Glad to hear that Teddy is sound!! [smile] How has your rides been on him since then?

Krazy- what a great Christmas present! You'll have to tell us what your parents reactions are!! Sounds like Ben can have his bad pony days!

Bisquick- oh no! though i'm glad to hear that you are feeling better!! Everyone has their share of falls. I know I have [smile]

Boocoo- that sounds like a great barn! As long as the horses' section is tidy and safe. but since I was just at that barn I met a girl (how ironic used to board at said barn) and told me horror stories! So I continue my search for a different barn! hehe. Though I still might go and see if I can get a lesson in w/ Angela once she starts up....I saw her website and now remember quite vididly who she is. GP rider/head trainer for Iron Springs until she moved on. So I'm very interested to work with her. OMG you'll have a blast doing a WS position! I did one for a year(w/ an well known international event rider) and had a TON of fun...lots of opportunities. Let me know how your first week goes! I want to hear all about it!

OncewasTag- Can't wait for video! Glad to hear you had a great ride on him

Alright looked at another farm today and love it. Great facilities, though no one jumps there but they have jump standards/cups/poles etc to use. So thankfully it will all work out and I can set up jump courses out on the outdoor. I think Scotch will be content there. Plently of turn out as well. Huge stalls! I believe Scotch will get lost in them! They even have a 3 level barn. It was very cute. i'm pretty excited! Thankfully its not that far from my house so I should be able to ride everyday. But at least now I can afford to board and still travel to event trainer's place to take lessons. It's cold here!! Winter has definately set in...ugh.

Ok so what are everyone's goals for the upcoming 2007 season??

BQD - OUCH!! I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you are back to feeling 100% quickly [smile]

Boocoo -wow, quite the couple! They both sound like talented riders. I bet you will learn tons and have lots of fun as a working student - definitely a cool oppurtunity. Let us know how it goes [big Grin]

Shantel - that is some wacko weather you're having! I'd be in shock if it was in the 60's and 70's [shocked] I am getting a Christmas tree on Sunday - can't wait, too, as it always makes me more in the Christmas spirit!! Sorry to hear about your back - does not sound like fun at all. My stepdad also "adjusts" my mom's back, though she still sees a chiro and massage therapist on a regular basis [Razz] . That is so sweet of you to get your family such a nice gift - I'm sure they will be very pleasently surprised. Sounds like you doing some work with Ben is helping - hope Sarah is feeling okay.

Tag - sounds like a very pleasing ride [smile] Massage definitely can work wonders!

3Day - congrats on finding a barn! That is really good news. I totally understand about the whole training/lessons thing. It may be beneficial to the trainer/barn owner, but to the client's pocket books [Wink] Unfortunately I have only been able to ride Teddy twice since he has been sound, but he has been good both rides. I didn't do a ton as I wanted to take it easy the first few rides, but he is definitely back to being completely sound! I have been focusing more on Alibi and getting her back into better shape, as I have a person VERY intersted in her. I hope something works out!!

My 2007 dressage goals: (with Teddy)

* Get my 2nd Level scores for my USDF Bronze Medal

* Qualify for and attend the USDF/Great American Regional (Region 6 specifically) Championships at 2nd Level

* Maybe try a show or two at 3rd Level, though that is a big maybe - it depends on how we do and score in 2nd Level, but we'll see [big Grin]

[smiley Wavey]

Ahh, haven't posted in a while.

Sold Rascal two weeks ago, he gave me the absolute best ride. He was perfect, and then I to him around some jumps, and he hit the perfect distance ever time,and was jumping so powerful and round, it almost made me wish I wasn't selling him! But he's in a perfect hunter home right now with a lady I know, a few hours away, and her son is going to have him in a couple years when he gets older. Rascal will love being a little boy's horse, he's game and sane for anything, and a little boy himself! So I'm happy with that.

Riley, on the other hand, is lamer than ever. I don't know what to do! The vets are going to have a conference (mine, Southern Pines, and NC state) to figure out what's up. It's been a year.

I've been shopping around for other horses for 6 months now, first because it might take Riley so long to get back, and now because he might never come back. It's been dead end after dead end. I've got one more video coming in from a black 18h Westafalian, the first video wasn't great though. All the horses look terrible on the videos I've gotten; out of shape, not on the bit, terrible riders, and I'm looking for something at least confirmed 2nd/3rd. They should look better than that! Makes me doubt the quality of instruction these days, or the sanity of people sending out these videos, showing 8 year old Sally riding said horse in draw reins at a jog, or Olaf jumping the horse. I want a dressage horse! lol. /End rant.

Anyway, got an email about a perfect horse yesterday. 12 years old, 17.1, schooled PSG in germany, imported 6 years ago, ready to go thrid now, very negotiable price, owner going through a divorce, lovely looking pictures, but. . . . the horse is in Nothern British Columbia! I'm in southern North Carolina, but I'm so desperate with nothing to ride and show season just 4 months away, that I'm asking for a video.