Sign in to follow this  
BisQuickDoc

Dressage Chit-Chat Thread Volume 12

Krazy, that is an awesome Cmas present for the folks. They will be so suprised!

3Day, glad you found a barn. I know that that's like, believe me. Since March of 04 I have been in 8 barns! [shocked] I know, that's a lot. We moved to 4 different states. AZ, to TN, back to AZ, to CA, to TX. In TN I was at two barns. Both were nice, but my needs changed. Back in AZ I was at 3. First one was self care. Couldn't keep that up. 2nd one had no dressage but was quite nice. Moved to a 3rd one that I loved and then we moved to CA. 1st barn there wouldn't water. 2nd barn there didn't feed or water, these were full care barns. 3rd barn there had no dressage arena. Arena was too small to work in. 4th barn was awesome. It was my trainer's barn and then we moved to TX. So far I love my barn here and imagine I will be there for a loong time, till we buy our own land again.

Luv, my trainers here really are talented and fabulous instructors. I am loving it here. I bet you will do fine jumping into 3rd level next year.

I had a great ride today. I really had a lot of noteable progress in my sitting trot to canter transitions and then back down again and kept myself balanced, Beau stayed balanced and is really listening to what I want. Lesson again tomorrow night.

My 2007 goals are to debut at showing 1st level and hope to get my scores towards my bronze!

Luv- those are great goals! [smile] Again good to hear that your boy is doing well!

Boocoo- omg 8 barns girl! I can't even fathom it! You sure have traveled a lot. Barn searching is almost as bad as horse searching! It can be a bit stressful! [Razz] also great goals for 2007 I'm sure you and Beau will achieve them with honors

Ok, I'm going to get a new show helmet, but can't decided on which one. Does anyone know about the Troxel Grand Prix Classic Helmet. It's between that or the Charles Owen Hampton or Show Jumping one....what does everyone else have? I would much rather spend the $89 but I'm wondering on how it looks?

My goals

Well I'm not really sure.

Orginally it would of been 3rd, to achieve the of my bronze medal. I achieved scores at 2nd level, but now I'm unsure for of the loss of Jade.

But Scotch, would love to have him going First level and jumping around a Novice course. It would be nice to sell him for my trainer while he's down here.

Main goal is to run Training by the end of summer. [smile]

Goals: Get into a training program now that my life is back in order and move up to 1st level with Layla. Wait. Lets back up. How about: Find a saddle!! LOL

The Albion comfort came today. Thats the 18" one with regular flaps. I sat it on Layla. Looks very good. I hopped on in a halter and lead rope and sans stirrups to just poke around and see how it felt. I seemed to be off balance in it and it was making me arch my back. Also, right by the flap, as Layla walked, there was the pudge of skin/muscle that was getting pushed up, so I figured I had it too far forward. So I got off and moved it back about 2" and got back on. Felt MUCH better. We jogged around for a min and it felt good. Def didnt put me in a chair seat like some of the other ones, and I felt like I had my hips open and could actually get my leg on her. I also liked the feel of the wider twist.

I wont get to ride in it until Thursday night after work and/or Friday. But Ill make a post after I got all my pics of it and the other saddle.

So thats it for tonight. Its almost 1 and I gotta get up early b/c I have to go to the feed store and get shavings and hay. Night!

Woohoo! I had a fun ride tonight. We started off a bit distracted and tense, what a surprise. I've been starting that way a lot lately. But after fifteen or twenty minutes I settle in, calm down, and we both start to focus and relax.

After settling in, we started with some basic suppling then moved into a LOT of lateral work. After alternating among shoulders in, haunches in, and leg yielding at both the walk and trot, we tried something a bit different. We actually got just a bit of half pass, both at the walk and at the trot. Woohoo! I had a witness; one of the parents was able to confirm that we WERE getting crossover. [big Grin] I just had to share.

On a separate note, today was the last day of classes for the semester. Finals begin on Monday, and I'll be done with finals two weeks from tomorrow. [smile]

Tracy

Hi everyone! Its been to long! I haven't posted on this Thread because...well, I have no excuse. Whoops? The ever-forgetful-and-procrastinating me returns with happiness and an update as well as goals.

First off, glad to see/talk with everyone again and to hear how things are going. I wish the best of luck to Kiss the Sky with Riley. A never-ending roller-coaster...

Update: So the half-lease is official, the check was in last Tuesday, although my trainer is still getting used to it. I walked in Thursday to find that she schedule a lesson into my regular spot. Whoops? She wasn't to bothered by it and will let me ride a little cute green pony who needs to be ridden more often named Elle, but I would much rather ride the gelding I actually half-leased, surprise, surprise. Well, at least I half-lease him! I was supposed to ride him 4 times a week (includes the lesson day) but between crazy dad and forgetful trainer, its mostly going to be 3, sometimes 4. At least he is mine, right?

We had the BEST ride on Saturday, and it was in the outdoor ring to boot! When I first asked him to trot he did something I thought we had gotten over--nose in the clouds, bouncing around, trot like a crazy man. Slowed him down to the walk and let him walk once around the ring before asking again--accept he went directly from two strides of trot to a canter. But hey, it was a nice canter! [big Grin] Silly pony.

So I just brought him back down, watched my eq, and rode quietly, softly and as consistently as I could and BAM! I don't know what happened, but all the sudden Spectrum trotting around quietly, with his head down, nice and attentive and relaxed as he could be for the outdoor. A phenomenon I swear! We worked well at our walk, trot, canter and even over some jumps! We progressily got better over the crossrails with the occasional AHHH its a FLOWERBOX moments from Spectrum. Even when he had issues in one direction, by the end of the ride, he quietly trotted in that direction to the fence, with the flowerboxes. What happened to my pony? [Razz] I was so excited that once we got into the barn I told my trainer (his owner) and went home and called my sister. Progress feels so good!

My goals for 2007:

* 1st show ever. Yes, show-phobia-crazy ol'Hannah is coming out of the barn and the fields and hopefully into the show ring. *gulps*.

* Ride this gelding I have been offered to ride but the timing hasn't been right yet. I want to be a well-rounded rider and I want to progress without leaving Spectrum.

* Perhaps ride this OTTB, if I progress enough. If not, I will just continue to take care of her and another mare.

And of course, progress, progress, progress. I want to get to the point where next New Year, I am looking to full lease or buy a horse. How optimisitc....

What long post! Whew!

Boocoo - I have no doubts you will get your USDF 1st Level Bronze scores! 8 barns [shocked] holy cow! But you are at a great barn now, and hopefully you will be there for awhile.

3Day - I have an International velvet helmet, and I really like it. It was really affordable, too - I think I paid $50 for it on sale from Dover Saddlery. I will have to look up the direct link to the one I have. In terms of your goals - is there a horse that maybe you could borrow to get your 3rd Level scores?

Krazy - I saw your latest saddle post, so hopefully that saddle is "IT"! I'm sure Layla will do great at 1st Level!

Tracy - glad to hear about your ride! Sounds fun [smile]

Dobby - good to hear from you! Congrats again on your lease!

Am I crazy! I just noticed that Jane Savoie is conducting the adult rider clinics for the USDF next year. I am very seriously considering speaking with my (new) trainer about putting together a video to send in and apply to ride. At the very least I would like to go and audit, but I cannot even imagine how much I might get out of a chance to RIDE. Too ambitious with my blind guy??? A clinic is a much more controlled atmosphere than a horse show. As long as *I* stay calm we should be ok, right? I figure on a fairly long warm up so that we are both focused and calm. And hopefully we can go a day or two early to allow Fess to acclimate.

I think I need to seriously talk to Heather and see if I need a reality check...

Tracy

TracyA--Go for it! Fess is an amazing horse, but he can only be so because of you and your dedication and patience. I would say go for it at least, for its worth a shot. If I was any trainer, even at that level, I would love to see and be able to work with such a horse-rider bond.

It looks like they take all levels of riders. So I would put us in as training level, with the comment that we are currently working *toward* first. I just emailed the trainer and will talk to her tomorrow. I'd have her come as my freebie auditor and offer to share a hotel room. For that matter, maybe I could arrange to have a cot outside Fessor's stall... I'd really like to at least try for this.

Tracy

Thanks for everyone's encouragement. My rides have been getting better and better all the time.

Tracy, go for the clinic. No reason why you and Fess can't do it.

Krazy, heading over to look at your saddle post now.

TracyA- Do it!!!!!!

ilovedobby- Glad to hear about your half lease! how exciting! ok this is a bit off topic but I just really looked at your SN and was like the Dobby off Harry Potter?

luv-hmmm I think I looked at that helmet as well...but I couldn't recall what it looked like on my head. I have a fairly small head lol. So helmets that have a lot of bulk look funny in me.

And as for borrowing a horse, well there aren't that many horses in my area that are at 3rd level. Excluding my dressage trainer...which I keep teasing her about letting me ride him at a show. Who knows though maybe she'll cave in!

It would be awesome to find a horse though. I can't buy another horse until I'm done with college. Speaking of buying how's your quest going?

Krazy- I like that saddle. As you already know! [smile]

Glad to hear everyone else is having good rides!

3DayEventer-YES! Yes, that is Dobby from Harry Potter! I have a rabbit named Dobby which HC member OnceWasTag will most certaintly call evil. He doesn't fit his name at all! He hates people and bites them all the time, but he is cute and gray and my baby!

Tracy - totally go for it! I am sure you and Fess would be great, and would also be sort of an idol for other rider's with blind horses. Let us know what your trainer says [smile]

3Day - that is a factor...but for me, ALL helemts make my head look big [Crazy] lmao. That would definitely be wonderful if your trainer would let you borrow a horse to get your 3rd level scores on....crossing my fingers something works out!

My horse search - I got two videos, one of a 2003 1/2 Dutch WB 1/2 TB mare, 16.0-hands. She looks nice, but I have been thinking, and I don't really want to go back to Training Level right now...I want to keep moving forward and progressing, and though I am sure the training experience would be really valuable later on, it's just not where I am at right now. The other is a Hanoverian gelding, I believe 16.1 or 16.2 hands, can't remember off the top of my head. He is 5 yrs. old and working at 1st and some 2nd Level. I still am not sure though. I need to show my trainers the video, but I told her a bit about them, and she thinks for now that I should stick with Teddy (probably through 3rd Level), and once I sell Alibi, put that money towards a 2 year old Hungarian WB gelding she has for sale right now. She'd cut us a deal, as she told me, and help me train him (she has 25+ years of experience, and has successfully started multiple horses on her own...and she's a USDF Bronze, Silver and Gold Medalist, so I'm in good hands). Anyways, this 2 year old she has for sale is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS...he is a breathtaking mover. But, we'll see...got to talk to my parents about it more and sell miss Alibi!

luvhorses--If I am not mistaken, I thought you wanted a solid 2nd level? Perhaps I read wrong. The horses each sound fantastic, although in their own ways. Unfortunately, if you live far away from them, its always the gamble. But perhaps a picture of the gorgeous filly? Let us know!

quote:

Originally posted by ilovedobby:

luvhorses--If I am not mistaken, I thought you wanted a solid 2nd level? Perhaps I read wrong. The horses each sound fantastic, although in their own ways. Unfortunately, if you live far away from them, its always the gamble. But perhaps a picture of the gorgeous filly? Let us know!

Yup, I did want a solid 2nd Level horse...but for a horse that is high-quality, very nice mover, etc. etc, they were all out of my price range (which is limited as is!). Here is a picture of my trainer's 2 yr. old for sale as a yearling (unfortunately I don't have any moving pictures...his trot makes ya want to drool!) His name is H.S. Bravado. My trainer owns his dam, H.S. Spirit, who is a 7 year old (turning 8 this year) 16.2/16.3hh Hungarian Warmblood, currently doing 4th Level, with a successful show record. I saw Spirit's ad, before my trainer purchased her, and she was $75,000 as a 3yr old schooling 1st Level [shocked] She has like international quality gaits, and Patty (my trainer) says from what she can see of Bravado now, he is just as nice! Sorry, onto the picture [Embarrassed]-

Forgot to add in my last post, but on Sunday I had my first ride in a double bridle [Yay] It was really fun. I rode my trainer's 4th Level Appy mare, Dreamer. I've talked about her a bit before, as I have rode her in previous lessons, as well as on my own. She is a great horse to learn from, as she is quite sensitive, so you have to be COMPLETELY relaxed, or she lets you know [Wink] Anyways, the lesson went really well, and I'm looking forward to more [smile]

I am glad that your first lesson in a double bridle went well! I can't imagine working with one of them. The Appy sounds like several Appys I once knew; you have got to ride them right or you won't be riding them for very long... [Wink]

Anyways, the colt is gorgeous! I am not good at conformation but it is a nice shot of a colt I am sure is even better-looking in real life.

I am currently waiting for my brother to drive me to the barn (not even 5 min down the road)and I have discovered that I have no patience. Huh.

Well a quick check in by me. I am really POed right now. I went to put the horse trailer title into my name. I havent done it sooner b/c I havent used it and with the wedding, Ive been too busy.

Well apparently the trailer still has a lein on it by Bank One (who is now Chase!) and I cannot transfer it without a lein satisfaction notice and/or a Florida title that shows the trailer in the sellers name.

Secondly, the tag is registered in the sellers name however it is registered to a 1700lbs utility trailer, NOT a 4400lbs horse trailer!!

Ive called them and left a message on their home phone and also their cell phone. One would hope they cooperate or legal action will be immediate.

[Mad]

Quick update and then Im off to work:

I called Chase (Bank One) auto center to find out what I could do. Since this is a '96 model trailer, the dont have it readily on file. But he said that he can submit a request to have the research dept find this VIN # and since they are not releasing any credit info, they can tell me if it is paid for or not. If it is, they can fax/mail me the lein satisfaction and if its not, then I know I have to take legal action if the sellers will not cooperate.

So there we have it. Still nervous, esp b/c that tag doesnt belong to the trailer.. but we'll see.

Krazy, definitley stay on the sellers to pay their loan off and get you your lien release. The fact that it's registered as a utility trailer is not a big deal. They did that to save $$ on the registration. You can easily get that corrected when you are able to transfer the title.

I would just like to add that stress is a female-dog-whose-correct-term-I-shall-not-type.

Holidays. The holidays are supposed to be cheerful and lovely and enjoyable. I have YET to find ANY of that.

But that is besides the point, because I had a brillant lesson today! A nice, long warmup, a fantastic trot (I thought it was rather dressage worthy at a Elementary eventing level, but I *might* be biased) and everything just started clicking. The moment my instructor suggested something I haven't tried/worked on, I got it. She was very pleased with our trot, even complimenting my upper body which can be very rare for her. The transitions to the canter were smooth and our canter was wonderful as it could be; I was able to smoothly transfer what I was working on at the trot into the canter without any crazy-Hannah-dancing-in-saddle-movements and he was as pleasent as could be.

Ah-mazing. And then we worked on jumping and verticles and all that jazz, but I have boring you guys for too long anyways. Plus, I have an inkling that this might be a Dressage Board. Weird.

Its Channukah! YAY! We celebrated it late due to scheduling problems and we lacked true latkes for the first night, but we are making up for it tomorrow for sure.

Off to bed! [smiley Wavey]

Shantel - I am so sorry to hear about the whole trailer mess. Crossing my fingers that's over and done with soon, and that the old owners are cooperative.

dobby - that is wonderful!! Productive lessons are the best. Happy Channukah [smile]

I have a bit of a problem...I have not done any Christmas shopping [Embarrassed] Am I the only one? I think I am going to be cheap and look on eBay. In some ways that will be easier. I can just go to the bank and pay with Money Orders, or write a personal check (though I need to order new checks, so that could be an issue). I have no clue what to give my step-father...any ideas? He's the out-doorsy (forgive my spelling) type, likes to bike, ski, etc. So does my mom, but I know what to get her. My sister is easy - she likes the 'girly' stuff, I'm the opposite - a Dover gift certificate more than satisifies me [big Grin]

Well there was a storm here, started yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. We had wind gusts up to 80-85 MPH [shocked] It was on the news state-wide, so some of you may have heard about it. Over a million and a half people in Western WA lost power, and I believe the storm has hit or was headed in Oregon's direction, as well as California's Bay Area. My dad is visiting his parents in MS, so he called to check in as he saw it on the news. Some areas have flooded as well, pretty much ALL schools/daycare centers/colleges were closed, and some delayed. Quite the mess...I am at my mom's, and we live in the outskirts of the city, Olympia, so our power did not come on as quickly as others in the actual city. We had no power for 24 hours +. The house was 55-degrees and felt FREEZING. Power came back on at about 5pm today, just as it was getting dark - nice timing!! We went to town to get some coffee and use the laptop since the coffee shop has wireless internet, and on one of the roads (still in the outskirts) there was a huge tree that had fallen across the road but a power line had caught the fall, so we gunned it when we went under. Somebody has already been hit by a tree and we did obviously not want that to happen to us. Kind of scary! There are LOTS of trees and limbs all over the road and people's property, the high winds definitely left some damage. I also called my trainer (also lives/owns/manages the facility I board at), and apparently the wind blew over my horse's fence (Alibi's, as she is outside 24/7, though has a nice 3 sided shed for shelter, and is with another horse). So Alibi and her pasturemate, Dreamer, got out, and my trainer awoke to them galloping around the property. I am hoping neither of them show up lame. Definitely will be checking on them tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Yeh I figured the tag thing was probably to save money or the fact that they were selling their 2 3-horse trailers and had recently bought a brand new 6-horse and probably transfered the tag and just slapped any other tag they had on the old trailers so whoever bought them could take them home.

I dont have any call backs from the sellers, but I found out from Chase that this is very very common and Im crossing my fingers that they send me that lein satisfaction form without me having to take further action.

and luv, no I havent done much shopping. I think I bought two PS2 games for Randy, got my parents those concert tickets (online), and my newphew a cashmere-like bear. Thats it. So dont feel bad. I gotta get on the ball and get some stuff ordered so it will be here on time!

I flexed my schedule and worked Wednesday so I could have Saturday off. Tomorrow is Randys company Xmas lunch. Catered Bonos BBQ and tug boat rides! [smile] Ive never missed a year, and this is my first year as the "wife" so Im excited!

After that, Sarah is throwing her husband a togo party for his bday. All you have to bring is a bottle (and not of soda! [Wink] ). So we are looking forward to that as well!

And I just gotta say that sometimes I can REALLY love my horses, moreso than ever, when I come home, exhausted from work and tired, and I go to clean stalls, and it only takes me 5 mins each b/c they didnt totally TRASH them. Yay.

Off to bed. Oh.. and we FINALLY got lights on the Xmas tree... 1200 of them! Ill take pics tomorrow. Night!

Hey luv, yes, I saw the storm in WA on the news. I sure hope you and your family and your horses are all ok.

Krazy, I bet the trailer thing will work out ok!

Had a couple of good rides recently, but I am thinking Beau is out too. He will work for a while then get resistant. Typical of him when he is out. I found out an old Vet./chiro that I used to use in Tucson is about an hour away. She is excellent, so another girl from the barn and I are hauling down there next week.

I rode her horse for her yesterday. He is a barrel/rope horse and they just got him. They are keeping him at our barn till their barn at home is finished. He kept bucking and kicking real hard on them when they would ask him to canter. So I got on him and he did it with me too! Quite severly and tried to get me off by rubbing me up against the arena fence. I spanked his butt, made him do what I wanted and he quit bucking after that, but I could tell he was very sore and resistant, especially to the right. So that's when we both decided to find a chiro and I found my old Vet.

Off to see Eragon this afternoon and putting up our tree tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with the trailer seller. She said she had no idea about this lein satisfaction and said it was paid off years ago. Probably Bank One not doing their job and sending out the new title saying they paid for it. [Roll Eyes] But shes going to call them Monday to try to hurry it along. I figured as much after finding out this was very common. WHEW!

Just came home from Randys company Xmas brunch. We ate lots of BBQ and went on a long tugboat ride. I gotta get some stuff together and tonight is TOGAAAAAA TIMEEE!!

Boocoo, yeh I hear ya about the chiros. I just cant believe the straightness I get now when we work u/s, esp to the right. No more haunches in. Crazy!

Going to a lesson with a new trainer tomorrow morning. Heres her website with her bio:

http://hiddenacresdressage.com/

glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

Krazy- hope that you get those trailer issues all settled! I'm jealous i want a trailer so bad! How's that saddle working out for you??

Luv- Hope that you and family and horses are sound and safe. Sounds like that storm was pretty chaotic over there! Awesome to hear that you had a super ride and woohoo about riding in a double!! [big Grin] And the colt is adorable!! I just started my Christmas shopping today so I''m in the same boat as you, girl. Online shopping!

Boocoo- How's the WS thing going?? Yippee about great lessons! I'm so happy that you are really enjoying and learning a ton! mmm Eragon, I just read that book the other week...want to see the movie...tell me how it was!

ilovedobby- hehe I thought your name was pertaining to the HP movie! I think he is so hilarious! hope the ponies are doing well! I always love to hear about jumping, so feel free to chat about your dressage and jumps [Wink]

Had a super lesson w/ the event trainer on Tuesday. Rode this lovely imported Argentinean sale horse. I totally fell in love with him and now I want to buy him. lol. We've been doing quite a bit of jumping. But this is good for me because I'm planning onconcentrating more on eventing this summer. Especially since I no longer have an upper level dressage horse. My jump course was quite large this past lesson. Probably the highest I've jumped to date and I had a blast! I was proud of myself because I didn't tense up over the height of the fence. And actually I didn't even notice until the very end where I looked at the fences and went OMG did I just jump that course?!?! And she was like yup, I was kept putting them up when you were canter down the long sides. So yay! sorry ya'll for my overexuberance.

This weekend I'm heading up home to clip the Scotch pony and to have a few lessons w/ my dressage trainer. And of course to spend Christmas w/ my dad. Then packing up all Scotch's gear and tack to bring down to the new barn! Just found out that I'll get a percentage if I'm able to sell Scotch for her. As much as I would hate to sell him. So we shall see.

This week is finals for me...thank goodness!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

Krazy- hope that you get those trailer issues all settled! I'm jealous i want a trailer so bad! How's that saddle working out for you??

Luv- Hope that you and family and horses are sound and safe. Sounds like that storm was pretty chaotic over there! Awesome to hear that you had a super ride and woohoo about riding in a double!! [big Grin] And the colt is adorable!! I just started my Christmas shopping today so I''m in the same boat as you, girl. Online shopping!

Boocoo- How's the WS thing going?? Yippee about great lessons! I'm so happy that you are really enjoying and learning a ton! mmm Eragon, I just read that book the other week...want to see the movie...tell me how it was!

ilovedobby- hehe I thought your name was pertaining to the HP movie! I think he is so hilarious! hope the ponies are doing well! I always love to hear about jumping, so feel free to chat about your dressage and jumps [Wink]

Had a super lesson w/ the event trainer on Tuesday. Rode this lovely imported Argentinean sale horse. I totally fell in love with him and now I want to buy him. lol. We've been doing quite a bit of jumping. But this is good for me because I'm planning onconcentrating more on eventing this summer. Especially since I no longer have an upper level dressage horse. My jump course was quite large this past lesson. Probably the highest I've jumped to date and I had a blast! I was proud of myself because I didn't tense up over the height of the fence. And actually I didn't even notice until the very end where I looked at the fences and went OMG did I just jump that course?!?! And she was like yup, I was kept putting them up when you were canter down the long sides. So yay! sorry ya'll for my overexuberance.

This weekend I'm heading up home to clip the Scotch pony and to have a few lessons w/ my dressage trainer. And of course to spend Christmas w/ my dad. Then packing up all Scotch's gear and tack to bring down to the new barn! Just found out that I'll get a percentage if I'm able to sell Scotch for her. As much as I would hate to sell him. So we shall see.

This week is finals for me...thank goodness!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

luvhorses--I started shopping for gifts AFTER the first night of Channukah. I am so hardcore. Thanks though for wishing me a lovely Channukah! I am celebrating it all on my lonesome to night, but I have horsecity buddies to keep me happy...

Krazy--TOGA PARTYYYY! Most definately not soda bottles...

Boocoo--It sounds like that barrel horse you rode has back or saddle issues. I could be wrong but it definately sounds like it to me. Good luck!

I rode Spectrum today again but cut it short and hopped off after a nice canter and two jumps. I walked him around to cool off of course, but we were totally done. This is the fifth day in a row he has had runny poo and not only that, but today he seemed...well, for the lack of a better word, lackluster. He just stood there, not responding a whole lot and I felt so guilty for riding him. I told his owner (my instructor) that he still had his runny, green poo and she was absolutely shocked. The medicine is still not working and I am worried for both him and his overall happiness. He has three scheduled very beginner lessons tomorrow (one actually who is going to learn how to canter on him) and I kept silent about my opinions. I do wonder, however, if I should call tomorrow morning and tell them I am worried about him. Its hard to find the line between paranoia and caring, and the line between rider and owner.

On the otherhand, I had a great first ride on a green OTTB I have been taking care of for over three weeks. She now walks up to me in the field (instead of running away), almost completely stands in the crossties (instead of spinning and going nuts) and she is becoming affectionate with me. I sat in the saddle and it was like a bomb went off; she was doing super-racer-trot all the way around the ring and I didn't even have my stirrups yet! [ROTFL] I almost bailed right then and there. I got her down to a walk, and for the rest fo the ride we only had one more "AHH trottrottrottrottrot" moment. I was told by my instructor just to focus on her walking, so we walked and walked and practiced some halting (still under construction apparently). Gayla did amazing! By the end of the ride she was plodding around the arena like an ol'lesson pony.

Whew. Long update. We will see what happens! Hopefully Spectrum will get better soon (I hate to see him in such a state!) and hopefully I can set up a schedule with Gayla. I am tentively scheduling Thursdays and Saturdays as "riding Gayla" days.

Krazy, so glad the trailer thing sounds like it is going to work out. I totally agree on the chiro thing too.

3Day, sounds like you have had some great lessons and the Argentinan horse sounds lovely. Oh and Eragon was excellent by the way. I loved Saphira. She was awesome.

Ilovedobby, I think you are right, saddle or back issues. The saddle they have seems to fit him ok, but he was extremely resistant, especially to the right. He has a sweet disposition, but wow can he protest when he is hurting. We are hauling both our horses down to the Vet./chiro this week.

Im so frusterated and mad right now I dont have time to read the replies.

So yeh. Toga party was great. Lots of funny people and it was a lot of fun. However, like usual, Randy went WAY overboard and drank way too much. Usually its just dealing with him being drunk and annoying. But this time, added to that, he decided it would be a great time to puke in my truck. Now I know he didnt do it on purpose, but I kept asking, he kept saying no, and then WHAM - ALL OVER THE FREAKING PLACE!!!! While I was on the highway. So I pulled over, got him to get out and get on the ground and finish. He is COVERED. Head to toe. My seat, seatbelt, door, doorhandle, window switch, step sides.. the list goes on and on.

So he finishes and Im like what in the world do I do. Hes covered in puke, my truck is covered in puke, and Im not putting him back in there like that. I call my friend who hosted the party and am like what do I do? And then Randy gets up off the ground and starts stumbling his way towards the road, and all the cars going 80mph+!!!! Im telling him to sit down. He wont. Hes saying to leave him. I start SCREAMING for him to sit down. Screaming. Crying. Cursing. Im like you are not going to walk out on that $%#$%^&% highway and get killed tonight. Now sit #^%$%&^%&^$%# down!!!! and he finally does. I find some extra clothes in the truck and make him strip. He throws his clothes into the woods and puts on the other shorts. I wipe up as much of the puke as I can with the togas and get him in the truck.

Finally get home. Fight to get him inside and into the shower. Get that done. Then he starts getting mad saying he didnt want to go to the party in the first place and its not his fault hes this drunk blah blah. Get him dry and dressed and on the couch. He starts puking again. I start to freak thinking its blood, but I guess it was the Jaegar and grape jello shots. Finally hes settled so my mom watches him while I go attempt to clean the truck. I know Im going to have a perm. stain on the seat. The fabric Ford used in these new trucks will stain with just water drops. (STUPID!) I almost puke trying to clean his up.

On top of this, I am just pissed at his entire behavior. I know guys are going to act different around other guys to be big and bad. Yeh fine. But not to the extent he does. He gets nervous around new people. Wants to be "Mr Cool" so goes way overboard trying to do so. In the process, he chugs, shots, and drinks any alcohol they throw his way. In the process, he comes over to me all happy and says "Im just so happy I found someone like Dustin (Sarahs husband) who HATEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS horses as much as I do!!! Its great!!!" and stumbles off. He did this like 3 times b/c he was SO freaking drunk he kept telling me. Then begging me to go to the strip club with him. I personally hate those places and he knows it. Even before he met me, hes never been and has always said he has no desire as its a waste of money. And now b/c Dustin wants to, he keeps on and on and when I tell him he can go but Im not going, he gets pissed and says I need to relax and have some fun and "be down with that".

Really the strip club doesnt bother me. I know what thats about. But the horse thing.. hes half heartidly said that he hates them sometimes etc, but always just b/c of one thing or another or him joking. But when Randy gets drunk, the truth comes out. And I guess it just hurts that he feels that way. B/c I have put forth such effort and am geninuely interested in his car, and go to the track and support him, photo him, video him, make a scrap book of it for him. Support him any way I can. And then to just know that he feels like that, or even 1/2 as much as he said he does, really is disheartening. I dont ask him to go out there and help me clean or dump water buckets or do this or that. Rarely do I ask for pics... I dunno.

Plus, all night he has just been really short and snide to me. We were getting some dinner before the party and I was on the phone with a friend so I had him talk to her while I ordered. Well what he had wanted they were out of, so I asked him what else he wanted, and he wouldnt answer, so I was like Randy come on theres people behind us. And hes like Just WHATEVER. Order whatever. Geezus. and then mumbles to my friend that "Thats so freaking annoying" and just stupid comments like that all day and night. I dont even know why I even included this part but I just need to vent. I do not look forward to the morning. B/c I know there will be a confrontation. All day today, everything I said, he was the opposite and tried to pick a fight. It finally got to the point where I was like Ok. Im wrong. Youre right. Im sorry. And he couldnt obviously come back with anything to argue with against that but geezus. With my hectic work schedule and everything else, him just beating into me mentally and emotionally is driving me crazy. This is not what I signed up for.

[Me Cry]

[ 12-17-2006, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

Awh man girl. [Huggy] What a crazy insane night.

Boys(occasionally known as men at their good points in life) can be boys no matter what eh. You do not deserve that at all. Not to mention that you took care of his a@@ all night. [Huggy][Huggy][Huggy] We're always here for you to vent and just let things out. Hang in there. I hope that things get better....