Sign in to follow this  
BisQuickDoc

Dressage Chit-Chat Thread Volume 12

Boocoo - if I see these boys, I'll be sure to let them know that story, which is extremly sad! Sounds like the work done on Beau is, well, working, lol, which is definitely good [smile] The arena where I board is slightly wet too, just on one long side, so I ride just beyond on the quarter line.

3Day - Dreamer is an Appaloosa, though we think she may be something else, we're not sure [big Grin] Dreamer was actually rather naughty for the sale video, so we may end up redoing it, not sure yet.

Teddy is quite the alpha horse, he is so mean! And he's only 14.2/14.3hh too [ROTFL] He was out one time in a large pasture with a 16.3hh Morgan/TB cross, and he just herded him and ran him ALL the time, so he was promptly moved...

Happy New Years!

Luv, to bad Dreamer was a bad boy! Sounds like doing the video over would be a good thing!! [big Grin]

Yeah, that 12 year old boy was just shot in the head like two days ago. He dies two hours later. It was all over the news. His 13 year old friend shot him. Imagine having to live with that the rest of your life.

3Day, sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun with Scotch. Hope you get your clippers sorted out.

The sun is out this a.m. so hopefully the arena edges will be dry enough to canter. I was using the quarter line yesterday also, but didn't want to canter Beau on a circle smaller than 20 m right now. I want to build him back up a bit first. So stuck to walk and trot.

First off I would like to say that all of you crazy people need to stop posting so much! I can't keep up! [Crazy]

So a general congratulations to everyone because the overall feeling I got from skimming the posts was content, excited, affectionate, and the-look-where-everyone-has-a-super-big-grin-plastered-on-their-face-as-they-type.

I was up in the ADK Mountains which was, of course, an absolute blast. On the other hand, I missed Spectrum and Gayla so much I practically ached to get home. I just got home and if I have time tomorrow I will ride, but there is textbook with 50 + pages waiting for me to be read and examined... [surrender]

luv- Awesome! Hopefully the video turned out alright...if not you'll just have to do it again [big Grin] Fun!!

boocoo- Thanks! I'm still waiting to sort them out! Hope that your arena is more dry today!

ilovedobby- Welcome back! I bet you missed the horses and that you can't wait to get back into the saddle again. Did you have a good time??

Well Scotch is getting moved out of his pasture. Today when I went over to ride, Theresa (Barn Manager) told me that he is very very possessive over the mares. This time he refused to let the girls come near him or the mares. He was herding them and making them run. Ugh. Naughty pony that I think is tooo big for his small small britches. I guess it took them some time to finally catch him and that he was pretty naughty about being brought in. So I told her to move him. So he's going into the stallion pasture(they don't have a stallion at this pt in time). And probably another gelding will go out with him. I think that Scotch has to get his ego deflated some from another gelding. [Roll Eyes]

But at least he was super to ride. go figure!!!

Hope everyone has a great New Yrs. Eve

3day--I had a wonderful time hiking in the snow, sledding and so forth. Unfortunately there was so little snow this year, we couldn't snowshoe, ski or snowboard. Still fun! I almost laughed out loud hearing about Scotch because the story made him sound like some insane and possesive herding dog. How unlike my Spectrum, who bossed around by a 2 and 1/2 year old mare in his field.

Boocoo - taking things nice and easy is the way to go. Hope your arena was more dry, mine wasn't!

3Day - yeah, I don't mind redoing the videos, they are fun! Sounds like the move out of the paddock was a good one. My trainer now just doesn't have mares and geldings together, I know some are fine, but in her experiences, things have not gone well!

dobby - good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a fun time, too, though I bet you missed the ponies [big Grin] I went skiing once this week, cross country, and it was beautiful. It was nice to just get out in the "wilderness", so to speak. How is Spec doing?

I rode Teddy today, with Maya (HC Username bazooka, & Maya and I board/ride together)), and her horse, Sunny, and mine, Teddy, were both good boys. I really got canter-walk transitions, which is nice, as it's our area of weakness at times. I could really feel him step under himself and he was much more balanced during the transitions. We also had some really nice trot half passes, and just played around with canter HP's. I am also schooling the trot HP ziz-zag (example: half passing from M to X, and then from X to F). Lots of fun!

I rode today for the first time in 3 weeks and oh my gosh it felt good! As McKenzie said (Luvhorses223) we rode together and Sunny and Ted both were good boys. Sunny has been better but it's been a while sense we have ridden together so it was more of a "catch up" ride than anything else. We did leg yeilds, 10 meter circles, 15 meter circles, 3 loop serpentines, trot lengthenings, canter lengthenings, canter serpentines, walk-canter and just kind of fooling around. I absolutely love to lengthen on him! He's a paint, but man can he move. McKenzie and I switched horses and she did some lengthenings on Sunny because no offense to Teddy or McKenzie, but Ted is just a pony and this is his..."tough area". [ROTFL] Hehe... I love Teddy though, he is so cool. I tried a little half pass on him, and we did walk-canter, and canter-walk. I love both of our horses a ton. [big Grin]

I hope everybody had a fun New Years! Hopefully 2007 is as good or better than '06!

Glad that everyone's horses are good.

[smiley Wavey]

lovedobby, sounds like you had a super good time!! I am sure you were glad to get home to the horses.

3day, Scotch is definitely like Beau. Beau goes bonkers over mares and can not be stabled with them at all.

Luv and Bazooka, glad you both had a nice ride together.

My ride yesterday was quite eventful. First off, Beau had rolled in some prickly pear in his pasture a week ago. Me being the bad horse mom that I am, did not discover them for a couple of days, because I was not riding him, he had just been to the Vet. [Embarrassed] And he has a pretty good winter coat. They were all up and down his neck. They had festered and his neck was quite painful to him. I got all the spines out and we had our follow up appt. at the Vet. the next day for his acupunture. She gave me a homeopathic paste to put on his neck. When I rode him on Sat. I was able to get it off before I rode. After I rode I put it on again, only thicker. Yesterday I couldn't get it off with the curry, it really irriated him. There was no hot water for some reason, so I just left it on. Big mistake. He would not flex to that side and then when I was cantering to the right, he was already irritated and he went into a bucking frenzy. I think I got him with my whip??? But it is still highly unusual for Beau and he is waaaay to big to pulling that nonsense. I got him stopped and scolded him, then made him canter one circle to the righ without bucking and finished for the day after walkikng him out. By this time the barn owner was down there and fixed the hot water and I washed it all off. Then when I went to curry the arean so it would dry, he was a lot more relaxed. He is such a Princess and the Pea horse. I am going to try riding him again today and see if that didn't do the trick. To the left he was great, but that stuff was all on the right side of his neck. Needless to say, I didn't put anymore on and all the swelling has gone down now anyway.

We had a fun New Years last night. My Mom flew in from Tucson and we had fireworks in our front yard and watched the first disk of Kingdom To Heaven!! Intense movie!!

luvhorses--Spec and I have had what I call two "ugh" rides in a row. I can't ride him or Gayla today thanks to the lovely consitent, 23481-hour long rain. Tomorrow, I am going to try to go in with positive, calm thoughts, not frustrating and give him a long warm-up, kind words and try to heal the frustrating recent memories. On the other hand, he is being an angel in his lesson for the beginners and recently taught a little boy how to jump. Way too cute! [Razz]

Boocoo--It happens! You can't be there 24/7 in real life, although all of us wish we could, and accidents happen, as well as mistakes of judgement. I make mistakes allllll the time, but we have to accept, learn, and move on. Sorry that Beau was such a cranky and upset horse! I hope its all blows over. Good luck!

Happy New Years!! [big Grin] 2006 was interseting year for all, and lets hope 2007 tops its in happiness, success, and good health.

bazooka - yes, Teddy's strengths don't really include lengthenings/mediums, at least in the trot. At First Level (can't remember what I got when showing Second Level) we got 7's on the lengthened canter, but trot was usually a 6...always something to work on [big Grin] Sunny and Alibi can definitely "move on out"...it feels like you're floating! That is one thing I loved about Moekie, my old Dutch Warmblood gelding, as he was FABULOUS mover, and a BIG one, so in his mediums all four hooves were off the ground.

Boocoo - prickly pear? Ick! Good thing you were able to get some ointment for him. Alibi once had a blackberry vine stuck in her tail, and it was about 3 feet long... It seems like the prickly stuff was really irritating Beau, but sounds like you handled the bucking well - but like you said, he is a big boy and doesn't and shouldn't be bucking! I can laugh when I got on this 13 hh pony and she started bucking, but it's NOT so funny on a 16.2hh horse!! Though I know size isn't an excuse, it's just not very comical when you have a lonnnnggg way from the horse's back to the ground!

dobby - we've had loads of rain here, in wet-Washington. I am sick of the gloomy weather, to say the least! Sounds like sweet-Spec is using up all his patience with the beginners [big Grin] It really takes a good horse to be able to teach new riders. Teddy had an attitude issue today, so I guess the good and bad days come and go, like ours. Hope Spec is better for you soon. I can definitely tell the difference in a ride when MY attitude is positive, and when I am relaxed and 'soft', and when my attitude is good, I tend to ride more accurately and correct.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2007 [smiley Wavey]

[ 01-01-2007, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: luvhorses223 ]

I hope that everyone had a fun and safe New Years.

ilovedobby- so glad that you had fun playing in the snow!! I wonder if our side of PA is going to see snow this winter....

We all have bad rides...sometimes multiple ones in a row (haha i have). Just have to take each one and try to manipulate it into something better. Hope that you have better rides next time you go out.

luv- Sounds like you a bazooka had a great time! We pony riders gotta stick together. Jade had wonderful medium trots, so idk what Bazooka is thinking "ponies" lol! I bet Teddy has some nice ones in him as well.

awh talking about lateral work makes me sad and jealous all at the same time! [Razz]

Boocoo- Awh poor Beau. but don't try to beat yourself up to much...we all miss and make mistakes. At least you caught it! And you are a wonderful horse mom, don't doubt yourself. Sounds like you had a great New Years!!! and OMG I loveeeeee Kingdom to Heaven what a great movie!!

Bazooka- glad you had a fun ride as well! That's so exciting that you and McKenzie are able to ride together! And watch what you say about ponies... LOL (J/K) I compete some wonderful ponies.

Rode today and he was pretty good. He didn't get a full bath(he just got his tail washed) yet...but definately will by the time I get those blades sharpened. Hopefully i will be able to finish clipping him by Saturday. Tomorrow I'm going to go on a search and see if they have more than 4 poles and hopefully set up some jumps...

luvhorses--You are right; it takes a good horse to teach new riders and Spec is the best one I know! Or I could be biased... [big Grin] We shall try again tomorrow!

3day--Can anyone say Global Warming? At this rate I am going to have to move to Alaska to see snow, and by then, it will be no more than 1/2 inch. I have always wanted to actually ride in the snow, outside of the arena and I hope this wish comes true for us PAers!

3Day - thanks [smile] . And yeah, bazooka better watch what she says about ponies (just kidding [Razz] )!!! There really are some NICE ones out there, in the dressage rings too.

dobby - no kidding, Global Warming is a huge deal. Anyone seen The Inconvient Truth?

ilovedobby- Haha, right!! It's horrible!! Horseback riding in the snow is fun, especially when you do it bareback! You will definately have to try it...if we ever get snow again!

luv- More and more dressage ponies being introduced into the dressage world. Thanks to Lendon Gray and others! [big Grin]

And I've watched an Inconvenient Truth...well sort of. I fell asleep half way through [Embarrassed]

3Day - ironically, so did I! [Embarrassed] I just wasn't "into" it, though I know it's an interesting topic. Maybe I'll try again someday (though the chances are slim [Razz] ).

Sounds like everyone is getting out to ride, except dobby. You will get back to it soon. It can't rain forever, can it?

I rode Beau today and he was much better, did not try to buck at the canter to the right, but was still stiif on that side. I did manage to work him nicely to that side for just a few minutes, then we stopped for the day. He is great to the left. He is very ouchy to the touch on that right side still, where all the cactus needles were. There aren't many in his pasture, but he had to find the few that are out there. I don't think he'll do that again. He always tries to stay clean and take care of himself. I put some of my anti-inflamatory creme on the area and plan to just longe him a bit the rest of this week. I won't have a lot of time to ride anyway, cause my Mom is here. Then when she leaves on Sunday we can get back to the grindstone and hopefully he won't be as sore anymore.

It's always something, eh?

We are going to watch the 2nd disk of Kingdom of Heaven tonight.

Sounds like everyone is having some great rides, aside from the bucking fit Mr Beau decided to through in! [Wink]

I rode Layla on Sunday. She started off well, but theres just *something* NQR tracking left. If I let her go as she pleases, she doesnt want to truly bend to the left and lift the shoulder. When I get her ALMOST there, she almost goes 3 legged lame. I have checked EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG and cannot find out what it is. She was stiff in her neck bending to the left after the chiro, so I gave her a few more days off than I had planned and its gone away. This not bending this is a totally different thing than before. I have pressed and proded and felt from her poll down to her hoof, through her shoulder, and back. I cannot find a single area she is reacting to. The chiro should be in town this week I believe, so hopefully I can get him out here to check her out again.

Other than her not wanting to really bend to the left, shes wonderful every other way. We spent a lot more time cantering on Sunday and I just smile when I canter on her. So many years of cantering being he - double hockey sticks on her. It was so fast and crazy and unbalanced and at times, scary. I NEVER EVER thought I could get a slow, 3 beat, relaxed, EASY TO SIT canter from her. And now we just flow along, even on the buckle.. its such a nice feeling. I think its one of my favorite places to be.. cantering on the back of my horse, sun shining, light breeze... Ahhh! Heaven on Earth. [smile]

Just got inside from cleaning the barn. I cleaned the stalls. Both got a whole bag of shavings to make them nice and fluffy. Then I blew the isle with the blower, swept the tack room, dusted the tack room, folded all the clean saddle pads (about 15) and laid them on the saddle rack for easy use, through the polos in the wash, put the SmartPaks away, and organized the "bridle & strapped goods" wall. I then spent about 45 mins grooming the Mare. Shes shedding already, so a good stuff brush, then curry, soft brush, and finish off with the plumice stone (God send for shedding season). She got her feet Thrush Busted, and her mane, tail, and forelock sprayed with this AWESOME all natural detangler we got for free at the Horse Expo. I gotta get the name and get a big bottle. It rocks. Then I put them in for the night, folded up and stored away the coolers and blankets, and came inside. Whew. [Wink]

Ive been playing with my iPod Nano I got for Xmas. I really didnt know EVERYTHING it did. Thought it just played MP3s. But a friend at work has one and its SO cool. I can put movies and videos and my pictures as well as MP3s on it, as well as it has games I can play too. Too cool. [Cool]

Im also SO overly done with my job its not even funny. When I start wanting to take my dislike out on the customers, its time for a new job. Its really JUST the selling aspect of it. And I can sell. I do a DARN good job of it. Its just that Im so over it. It was RIDICULOUSLY busy at work today. Yes. On NEW YEARS DAY. There were so many people on hold, the # indicator was ** b/c it can only go up to 99 people on hold. Thats with over 7 sites with hundreds of people answering phone calls. Yeesh. When we stop selling during those periods, I love my job. When we have to start selling again. Argh. But I have to find a place where I at least make like $14 or more an hour to cover my bonus. So we'll see. Going to check out BOA and WaMu. My SIL is a big time manager at WaMu and thinks she may be able to get a job there. So we'll see.

Im off to bed. Its almost 1:30.

Happy New Year everyone!

Boocoo - glad to hear there is no more bucking from Beau. Sounds like he was (and is) in some pain. Hopefully with some more time and longing, he'll feel more comfy. Have fun with your mom [smile]

Shantel - sounds like you did quite the cleaning (barn and horse-wise)!! It always feels so good to have everything organized and tidy. haha maybe it's just me [big Grin] I too love those moments and days when we can just relax and have fun on horseback. When I got Alibi, her canter felt like a sewing machine! I can now hop on bareback in a halter and feel totally safe, at w/t/c. It really is a great feeling. I hope the chiro can see Layla soon, and good luck on your job search! That reminds me, how is the saddle quest going?

luv- I heard it was a good movie too...and i doubt I will ever get it again. hah!!

boocoo- that's great that Beau is feeling better. enjoy the 2nd disc of KOH! What a great movie! Have fun w/ the mom. [big Grin]

Krazy- Barn cleaning is always fun IMO. I would much rather organize and clean the barn/tack/stall than clean the house! Hopefully the Chiro can make Layla feel better. And good luck w/ the job search. Keep us posted.

haha Scotch is officially in the stallion pasture and is quite content. He got a bath today so i can finish body clipping him tomorrow. Ugh I had to go and buy new clipper blades b/c it was going to take them a week to get the blades sharpened!! A week! So I just bucked up and bought new blades. Blah.

Some more excitement occured when Scotch decided to roll and insisted on getting himself casted! Thank God that Theresa walked in and ran to get her boyfriend to help us pull Scotch away from the wall. G's. Leave it up to my pony to cause soo much excitement in the matter of 3 days!

Ohhhh we just had our family Christmas on Sunday and I got a digital camera that takes videos as well! So i'll be having more pics and maybe even a video at times! I also got a Sirius radio for my car...yay no more commercials!! So we had a very nice Christmas (late).

Hope everyone had a good day!

3Day - sounds like you got some nice gifts! I really would like a new digi camera. I have my sisters old one, but she had lost the memory card so you can only take 20 photos, and the videos last up to 60 seconds, and there is no sound. So pretty much it sucks lol. Sorry to hear that Scotch (love his name BTW) got cast, but glad he is okay. Looking forward to pics/videos of him!!

And suddenly there was light!

The rain eventually stopped yesterday and today the skies were gorgeous and the weather fine. Despite the pony field being Lake Erie [Eek!] the covered arena was fine except for one corner and practically everyone was out to ride! Like the rain, the bad rides just flew out of the window. I got there almost an hour due to the fact I can't drive my self, yet still had a fine ride. Even though the ring was terribly crowded, even with 20 meters of it gone to a lesson being taught, and other horses being bad, Spec was focused. We got some good trots and then some very good trots out of the him, and experimented with the type of trot a bit. And he quietly cantered both way even when another horse tried to bite him, even when we were forced into mud at the last moment, and even on his "bad" side. Willing and forgiving as possible, he was also extremely affectionate after the ride, wanting to snuggle and to be with me. I went out in the dark to say hi to the mare (who was also being affectionate...weather?!).

Boocoo-The weather has just been trying my patience these past two months, so if I complain please forgive me! Otherwise, I would like to send poor Beau a kiss and hug from my place. Try to look at it this way; more of a reason to have your mom come out and play with him, improve groundwork, or just play super-affectionate-mommy for a day. Tell that boy he better get better soon!

Krazy--You put me to shame! All of that proper cleaning...you better watch out and not let all of the dust, Lysol, and leather cleaner get to your head. Otherwise, congratulations on that canter. Its the best feeling in the world when you get such a willing and wonderful canter. I would get Layla checked out by either the chiro or the vet however. An experienced chiro might be able to feel something that you and I don't, or a vet might be able to pinpoint what is going wrong internally, lymes, wearing of a joint, etc.

luvhorses--BTW, I saw an ad in the Horse of Delaware Valley magazine the other day and I (quite literally) squealed because for a pure, pure second I thought it was Alibi. Completely different of course, and almost as cute.

3dayevent--Scotch!! That gelding is such a trouble maker! I am so glad that he is okay though.

Whew. That was alot to write. On to Biology homework...

The saddle quest is going....ok. I am sending the Stubben Scandica back as it doesnt work for me or Layla. Ann from Equestrian Imports, who is helping me find a saddle, has been in Ireland for the holidays (thats where shes from) and put in a request to Amerigo to send me a trial saddle. The top of the list is the Close Contact Dressage. Very flat seat and flap, and a little more forward cut. 2nd is the Circa (sp). So we'll see. She gets back to the US on the 3rd or 4th, and one of those 2 saddles should be here this week. So we'll see then.

I had to take off from work early tonight. My parents are in Orlando seeing Van Morrison concert we bought them, and Sarah had dinner reservations with her husband, so no one was available to feed the horses, so I had to take off.

dobby, glad you were able to ride. And yes, I have put a call into the chiro. Still awaiting a call back. Im going to try him again tomorrow.

Off to search the internet for jobs...

[ 01-02-2007, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

luv- At least you have one! [big Grin] . You can share mine...

Mine has the abilty to take up to 22mins of video w/ sound. Along w/ like 900 pics. My 2nd oldest sister's boyfried (whew) had to show me how to work it. I'm so illiterate w/ new things....and didn't feel like reading the manual. lol

hehe i like Scotch's name too. I personally wanted his show name to be Scotch Whiskey...but that got shot down. So it's just plain ol' Scotch....ooo how about Scotch on the Rocks...ooh man I keep thinking of new names.

ilovedobby- Yay!!! I'm so happy that you had a great ride!! See w/ the bad comes good. Ugh it sure did rain eh? Crazy weather.

Krazy- GL w/ the job searching. The Amerigo saddles look amazinggggg. I know John Williams rides in them and according to him, he really likes his. But then again they are sponsering him...lol.

dobby - sounds like Spec handled the chaos quite well! Glad you had a nice ride.

Shantel - I too have heard good things about Amerigo's, so I hope they work for you. Keep us updated on the job search!

3Day - yes, that's true [big Grin] Yours sounds super nice. What brand/type is it? Love the name ideas...but who shot them down?! hehe.

I wanted to marry the pony I was so proud of him. We were riding amongst all these sitting high riders and he was the best of them all in my oh-so-objective opinion.

Thanks everybody for listening to my crazy braggin of aforementioned gelding *dramatic sigh* it just felt so good.

Krazy--What is the job you currently hold that you got so much business on News Years DAY?!

I do customer service/sales for Citi Cards. Apparently everyone felt the need to call their credit card company yesterday.. all at the same time! [Crazy]

Boocoo – Hope Beau is feeling better. That bucking fit doesn’t sound fun at all. Glad you were able to hang on. Beau has an inch on Raz!! Raz is 16.1hh. Long way to fall when they get it in their minds to have a fit. Fortunately for me, Raz has yet to figure out HOW to buck. He is the most inept bucker I’ve ever come across. It is comical to say the least.

Krazy – Hope the chiro can get Layla sort out. Sounds like something is definitely out of whack. Good luck with the saddle search. Hopefully one of the ones on its way to you now will be IT. Sorry to hear about the job, but I totally agree about sales. I tried it once, and HATED it. Once you get to that position, it is time for a new job. Isn’t the iPod nano great?!?! LOVE mine!! I get books on CD from the library and upload them to my iPod. I listen to all my books that way now. I have a 45 minute commute each way to work on the bus and subway every day, and most of the time it is standing room only and tightly packed, so it is impossible to read a book (besides which I get sick on the bus with half the really bad bus drivers we have) so the audio books are fantastic. When I am driving to the barn, I plug my iPod into the car stereo and continue the book. Great way to pass the time on the way to the barn.

3Day – Glad to hear Scotch made the journey safely – though now he seems to raising all sorts of grief!!! Our barn will only do individual turn out for just that reason. Occasionally they will allow some situations of group turnout, but same sex only. Glad to hear the barn manager got Scotch uncast without an issue. What an eventful welcome to his new home. Hope he is a little less “needy” from here on out!!!

Dobby – Glad to hear you were able to get a good ride in on Spec despite the crowded arena. Our ring has been the same way recently. VERY crowded. We have a 5 horse limit in our ring, but when you are talking about upper level horses, 5 horses at a time is a crowded ring. 5 horses all half passing, working tempi changes, extensions, etc. makes for a zooey riding experience. Guess it is no wonder why Razzle isn’t even phased when we step into a crowded show warm-up ring. Just like schooling at home!!! HA!!!

Luvhorses – Glad to hear you are getting some good rides in on Teddy, Alibi and Dreamer. Sounds like you are making great progress.

Bazooka – Welcome home!! Must feel great to finally be back an in the saddle again.

~Shelly~

Shelly - it is hard to be able to really ride with 5 people, but espeically when they are half-passing at you. At my first show, I wasn't used to so many people in the warm up arena, and one time it was JUST Teddy and I and five or six other riders, all doing tempi's, half passes, extended canter, etc. etc. and of course it all seemed like they were headed towards ME. On a different note, it must be nice to have a bucking inept horse, what a goof Raz is [big Grin]

Crowded rings are my nemesis. Not only do they have tons of people watching you out of the corner of the eye, but everyone runs into eachother attempting to get out of eachother's way. There were leg yields and ten meters circles in twenty meter circles, and then three horses in a twenty meter circle in an attempt to get out of a lesson's way...

Let's just say I learned how to steer, weaving inbetween crop-hopping and kicking horse in one corner and avoid that cantering mare in the other. Of course it would HAVE to be our best rider.... [Roll Eyes] You know, the ring sounds more dangerous when you write it down rather than ride in it. Perhaps I trust Spectrum a little too much to get me out of sticky situations.

Anyways, my sister and I drove down to Dover today to drool over everything we can't afford. I went in somewhat optimistic that they would have at least one saddlepad in my price range and came out with TWO because of a $9.99 sale! A dark forest green saddle pad and a white saddlepad with pink trim. [Razz] I couldn't resist. How cute would that be on Gayla?! Or perhaps I should wear it myself.

Glad to hear from everybody!

Dobby, how cool to get to actually go to Dover.

Smith, I didn't know Beau knew how to buck till the other day. And he was pretty good at it! [big Grin] A very unusual behavior for him, however. We managed to get all the cactus needles out of him and I put the anti-inflammatory creme on his neck that the Vet. had given me for his back. He seemed like he felt much better today, but I won't be riding again till Sunday. He is getting turned out daily right now and I am busy with my Mom's visit. Of course I go see him every day, but kind of good timing, as I think the time off will help his neck heal.

Krazy, hope you find a saddle. Glad you are working with Eq. Imports. Have you tried the Prestige 2000 D. That was the saddle I rented last summer and I liked it quite well.

Anyone think it's time to start a new general chat thread? This one is getting quite lengthy. Not that any of us has a lot to talk about or anything! [big Grin][Wink]