Sign in to follow this  
RolinRiver

WOW.

Riper and I have always struggled with dressage, but today it got a whole lot easier. A trainer at our farm, Francois, for free gave me a lesson and in about 30 minutes we accomplished a year's worth of work. He taught me how to get onto my seat bone and adjust my entire position so that my aids were so much more effective, and gave me simple exercises to work on and my horse became SO attentive and SO responsive to the slightest aid.

He works with Sally Swift and has requested that I buy her book "Centered Riding." I'm definatly going to - the difference in my horse and me was amazing.

wow! i had the exact same thing happen to me [smile] i went from perching [Embarrassed] to sitting on my arse and my horse went from awesome to awesomer! it's amazing the difference it makes [smile] yay! i'm so excited for you cause i know exactly how you feel. it's so funny how a slight little change.... now i don't have to use my hands as much (duh! - i know....) and my horse responds so much easier, it's easier to sit.... i could go on.

Yay for you guys!

It is so amazing how a change in rider's position can make a world difference in horse's movement and roundness. I had that breakthrough when I learned to keep my elbows on my side. Now I have a much better communication through my reins, I drive with my seat, and overall my position on the saddle had developed so much. Congratulations on your breakthrough.

I have a copy of Centered Riding.

Often I think of the "little birds" in our hands.

It's been some time since I've watched it. I think I'll do that over the holidays. A blanket and Sally for an hour or so! Sounds good!

My trainer is level 2 Centered Riding certified - and she does amazing thing for me and my ponies. Swear by this method of riding. And the book is good but getting a lesson or two by a certified trainer puts it all together - at least it did for me. Made eveything in the book make sense... but I am a visual person...