Sign in to follow this  
Santas_Girl

Dressage Goals for the New Year

Both my horse and I have so far to go that my goals are innumerable. If I break it down to something more realistic, I think that at the very least, I would like to accomplish consistent rhythm at the trot and eventually the canter. He is beginning to develop his topline muscles (finally) so we are slowly making progress. Without the proper muscle developement, his balance was way off which affected his rhythm because he just kept speeding up in an effort to catch his balance etc, etc. I guess my biggest goal is to keep moving forward and progressing. How's that for rambling?!?

im in the same boat i have just been doing dressage with my horse since july so there are way to many goals lol. so i have to say i want tinker to be more supple and light. his canter and trot are balanced he just does not like to stay supple all the time and move from his butt. and also my big goal of the year is my barn is going to the USEA show in july champagne run at the kentucky horse park and i want to make it throught that show clean. i have not done a full eventing show i have only done 1 combined training show in BN and we won that division. so those are a couple of my 1000000 goals for me and tinker.

Well.. before Dolly bowed her tendon I was woring on really getting Dolly to stretch down at the canter. To get more relaxed and rhythmic and everything.

But now, once she's healthy again, I'd like to just have her back to where she was at the end of this year. I want her properly muscled and solid training level schooling 1st and some 2nd.

I have been working on mastering the sitting trot. Beau has a huge bouncy trot. We are making progress.

I plan to show 1st level this spring and would like to earn my first two scores towards my bronze medal.

My goal is to take Moiselle to the Indepencence Open (small local schooling show) and enter her in the intro level dressage tests and MAYBE a training level if we are able to by then.

I want to qualify for USPC dressage championships in Training level. I'm sure theres a lot more, but seeing how I'm still getting to know Kota, I'm not sure what they are.

I would like to qualify for (and attend) the Regional Championships at Second Level.

I would also like to recieve my Second Level scores for my USDF Bronze Medal, as well as my fours scores above 60% to recieve my USDF Rider Performance Award at Second Level.

Lastly, I would like to enter at least one show at Third Level.

My plan/goals are to come out of the gate with Winston and Second level and Poet at third and finish my bronze medal:-)

Lets see my goals are to sell Scotch to a great home.

Then to borrow a horse that I can do Third on to clench the Bronze Medal Award.

Lastly I'm hoping to run around Training level in eventing. I would like to continue to improve as a rider.

I would like to develop my horse's topline, master the canter and trot, and have him finally understand that when we transition from canter to walk to not pull on my hands. I would also like to make it to at least one show with him to show dressage.

Oh yeah, and I want to have fun. [Wink]

My goals are to condition my Appaloosa back into 2nd level shape, and start taking lessons with the new dressage trainer at my new barn. I want to qualify him for USPC champs in 1st or 2nd level. I want to get my TB more relaxed and get a balanced canter!

I want to have a successful move to my new boarding facility!

Goals for myself:

understand the half halt

start developing feel

learn to remain calm and soft when I'm nervous

Goals for Fessor and me:

Debut at training level at local schooling shows

Maybe go to a recognized show and compete at schooling level

Have fun!

Tracy

My goals are to solidify my position and Laylas training through Training Level and once we are comfortable there and have our downward transitions clean, I would like to move up to 1st level, and maybe by the Winter Series, enter a 1st level test in a show! [shocked]

As far as small goals, first, is my fitness and my mares fitness. Im really working on building her muscles even more as well as making sure shes sound and comfortable (of course this is ALWAYS a goal, but she is very Princess and the P-like and getting her stronger is a task as if shes the TINY bit sore, she doesnt like to work) while achieving this.

I want to find a saddle that fits me and my pony.

Then I want to be able to get him round in canter so we can work towards showing First Level before I turn 40! [Razz]

good luck to everyone in achieving their goals.

hmmm. one for me is to work on becoming fitter [smile] start doing you know...real exercise...not just letting my horse cart me around [Wink]

as far as the other stuff.. i'd really like to get better at 1st level. we are just starting to get into it and suddenly things are clicking, so hopefully we'll keep improving. definately need to work on consistent connection and impulsion still. would also like to get better at jumping and place top third in a rec event by finishing on my dressage score [smile]

the other thing.....fun stuff! i would love to race my friends TB again and see who wins [smile] Fleck's fast but only if he's trying to catch up and we had FUN FUN FUN at the horse park. but the best part was...the next day he was back to being soft and supple and collected [smile]

oh, that's the other thing. i'd like to get better at my extended trot!

wow....better get to work!

My goal is to get back to where I was before taking 10 months off due to my new baby (pregnancy and healing after labor). I want to get my position, feel, and so on back. Right now i'm like a limp noodle trying who can't communicate with her horse. ugh.

For me it'd be to fix my hands and get my legs for solid and stable and to teach myself to have contact with the horse. I tend to not have enough contact for fear of pulling on the horse too much..

For Spirit it'd be to get her canter blanced and slow not rushed and all over the place and to get our 20 meter circles round and get her trot work steady and really get her using her hindend. And as an overall goal. Get her schooling 1st level.

For Spinnaker it'd be to get him more effective to my aids and to get him bending at the walk/trot/ and canter. To get him more forward and get him going on the bit. And also to start doing lateral work with him and get him moving off of my leg easier and then getting out transitions down pact. And maybe get him doing flying lead changed but thats probably not going to happen. And as an overall goal get him schooling training level solidly and working towards 1st.

quote:

For Spinnaker it'd be to get him more effective to my aids and to get him bending at the walk/trot/ and canter. To get him more forward and get him going on the bit. And also to start doing lateral work with him and get him moving off of my leg easier and then getting out transitions down pact. And maybe get him doing flying lead changed but thats probably not going to happen. And as an overall goal get him schooling training level solidly and working towards 1st.[/QB]

I think you have realistic goals for him. I never did much lateral work with him but he does know shuolder in. The only thing I don't know is the lead changes. I tried to get those for a while and could never get them without a pole. You know how SPin is, if he doesn't want to do it then he won't [Wink]

I'd like to go to at least 3 shows this summer, at least one event, maybe dressage, and some jumpers. I also need to get into better shape, and by doing that, I can begin to improve my sitting trot. My big goal is to be able to ride Emma bridleless, we're close, but still have some finetuning (like actally stopping when asked!). Ummmmmm....I've got tons more, but I'll not write a book and instead wish everyone else GOOD LUCK with their individual goals!!

LETS RIDE 2007!!!!

1) get that elusive shoulder-in which my horse currently finds baffling

2) improve canter work-especially to the left-staying soft and settling into a steady pace

3)improve flying lead changes so there isn't a change in our tempo-no giant leap needed! lol

4) [in our jumping] maintain our soft canter that we have in our dressage tests

5)ride a first level test at a show!

6) have fewer head tossing/giraffe moments (getting better but still too much fussing!)

[Yay]

For Ocean I want to show first level at some dressage shows. That would be nice. We're totally ready. I also would like to do well in them and get some good scores.

For Tori I want to get on her a couple of times just to get her used to it. Then continue ground work training with her.

For Dakota I want to get her trot and canter work going great and take her to a couple of shows (mostly just to stand and soak it all in, possibly show).

Goals for myself: I need to master the sitting trot on my big moving and bouncy mare. I want to be able to go to a shows and just be relaxed and be there to have fun, because my being tense and nervous makes my already sensitive horse even more tense and nervous. Any tips on that?? lol.

Goals for Angie and I: To go out at T-3 and T-4 and get my qualifying scores for Juniors and hopefully regionals. And after I get my qualifying scores, maybe just dabble in First level a little bit. I think Angie will be much happier at first level b/c there is more going oon in the test and she does better if she is constantly doing somethin. And she loves lengthenings, esp. in the trot. But before I can do any of this, I need to change how I act at shows so I am calmer and more relaxed. I want to take her to lots of shows, and get there early because she does better if she has an hour or so just to chill and check everything out before I groom her, tack up, and lunge.

Goals for Smudge and I: I need to get her to accept the fact that she needs to give it her all and use her hindend when I am riding her, b/c when her owner rides her, Smudge can kind of do the minimum and get away with it (of course that is at T-1 and T-2). I need to get her confirmed at First level (we are almost there- just need to master the trot lengthenings and changes of bend in the canter). I want to go out at First level in a couple of shows at the beginning of the season and then kind of let her owner take over and dabble in First level at the end of the season. IT should be fun. I love riding this little mare.

WoW! That is long. I guess I have a lot of goals. lol. Thats what happens when you have a crazy mare named Angie. JK.

I would like to get my Second Level scores for my Bronze Medal. Finish up with Second Level this year and try at least one Third Level show by fall. Of course that means starting Razzle with changes at some point this summer as well.

~Shelly~

My first goal is to get Guffs back/ siatic issues figured out.

But our real goals are to start the year out where we ended at Intro level- BUT have him calmer at the shows (OTTB kinda lost his head when we were at a few shows this past fall!!! [Roll Eyes] ) Once he is calm and getting consistant scores, I hope to move up to Training Level. That should be by fall.

But of course it all depends on his back. I just have to keep my fingers crossed.