Sign in to follow this  
SightUnseen

Dressage Chit-Chat Thread Volume 13!

The weather sure is strange. I feel bad for people in normally warmer climates that have all that ice and don't know how/have never had to deal with it before.

Someone I work with was down south visiting a client in one of the areas that got hit with ice and he said it was quite interesting.

Not too much of an issue here...as were are used to lots of crazy weather and harsh driving conditions.

Not too much is new here. Just anxiously awaiting March 1st when I can move my horse and hubby's horse to a different barn.

Oh and baby Emma has a cold. How she got it I don't know. She's not in daycare...her grandma watches her in the morning and my place of employment lets me work from home in the afternoon so I can be with her. No family is sick...so I have no clue where the cold came from.

Ah well...motherhood is always interesting...keeps a girl on her toes!

Edited because some wierd "code" thing appeared at the end of my post...very odd..

[ 01-23-2007, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Boocoo - My first show probably won't be until June, so though I don't like the weather we've been having, I'm not that stressed about prepping for shows. I feed once a week, as well as clean water buckets, and I am tired after just that!! Over Sat. and Sun., however, I rode four horses, and lunged five. Definitely a workout.

Tracy - crossing my fingers you and Fess are picked!! I will definitely watch the video you posted, not on this computer as it's dial up and is sllllooooowwww. Can't wait to see it though [smile]

3Day - yeah, the kittens are pretty used to the vet by now! I can't wait to get my own car, it will be so nice to be able to take myself places. Our freezing weather has stopped - it is now in the fourtie's and fiftie's [big Grin] . Winter lessons can be exciting, lol. And I sure know what you mean about bundling up, I wrapped MYSELF in a quarter sheet [Razz] . Hope the baby shower was fun.

SG - I'm in WA state, and people don't really know how to drive in ice. My dad and mom both do, as they grew up in it, and my sister lived in Austria for a year so she has a bit of experience as well. Some people drive way too fast, and some are going literally 5 MPH. There was wayyyy too many accidents, though. I hope Emma is feeling better soon [smile] .

Welll, as I mentioned earlier I rode 4 horses over Sat. and Sun. I rode Dreamer for my trainer, as well as rode my friend's 16.2hh TB gelding (he used to be a Training Level eventer, before my friend bought him last August). I then rode Valentine, the TB, in a lesson on Sunday, which was really good. We worked on flying changes - his are rather expressive, lol. I also rode Teddy like usual, and he too was awesome. I just need to buy a Weymouth/Curb bit for my double bridle, and it'll be all set.

bazooka (Maya) and I are off to ride the ponies, and are jumping again, so hopefully I'll get some pics this time.

Hope everyone is well

[smiley Wavey]

Tracy, I hope to watch your video.

3Day, hope you got the baby shower gift.

Luv and SG, you are both right, people do not know how to drive in ice, even those that are used to it. That's why there are always so many deaths on the roads, everywhere, when there is ice. We had none here, because everyone was smart and stayed home. I have lived all over the country and the world and in all kinds of climates. People are plum scary when it comes to driving in ice and even rain. [Crazy]

SG, babies will get colds, even when they aren't in day care. There immune systems have to develop. It takes time. Most of them have built up a pretty good immune system by the time they are 5 or 6 years old. That's why they get vaccines while they are babies also. Poor Emma. I'm sure she will be fine. All you can do is make her as comfortable as you can! [Huggy]

TracyA- I'll have to check out that video

SG- I hope baby Emma feels better! Here in PA we don't see to many ppl having troubles w/ the ice. It's a natural occurance for us...though I do have to say that ppl in Philly or even other big cities are a bit clueless about it all. It was a bit scarey when i was going to college in Philly in there was snow on the ground. haha.

Have you been able to get any riding in?

luv- Sounds like you had a great horse weekend! Lucky! And a fun, awesome lesson [smile] You should look in Dressage Extensions for you Weymouth/bradoon. What type of Weymouth are you going to put Teddy in? Thicker? Low port/high? etc. Had a good time at the shower. Saw some of the girls from my HS class that I haven't seen in a long time. It's still very very cold here. In the 20's. BRRR

Boocoo- I did get a gift. But when I got home I forgot to buy baby bottles! So she ended up w/ stuff for cleaning/drying/storing baby bottles..w/ not bottles. Oooo well.

Rode the lil' man today. We ended up having a discussion on our right lead canter and that his left shoulder is not meant to fall out. And that when I correct him that he is not aloud to run away. [Roll Eyes] Man ponies and their 'tude! But all is well that ends well.

My only class today got cancelled so I was super excited [big Grin]

Anyways here are some pics before our ride and at the new barn. Still have yet to kidnapp someone to take pics of us in action.

-

naked pony!!!

-

And the quarter sheet that Jade and I won at Dressage Champs....Scotch got the privilage to wear it...he has some big shoes to fill...

I hate how I can't tuck the corners underneath my billets on this saddle. I can do it on my jump saddle but not on the dressage saddle.

-

Grades finally came out for last semester. Overall, I did fine. How that compares with my classmates, I'm not sure. But I at least have a reasonable starting place. It's odd though. The class I got the lowest grade in I actually came out of the final feeling pretty good. Oh, well.

I hoped to ride Fessor last night, but found I was the only person at the barn. So Fessor got some turnout time in the indoor and some quality time on the lunge line. He's FINALLY starting to pay attention when I ask for a downward transtion and responding in a reasonable amount of time. The transitions still aren't quite as prompt as I'd like, but much improved. I noticed that tracking left I was hearing an odd sound as Fessor's r/h came forward. It was almost as though his stifle was sqeaking! STRANGE. Needless to say, we did not do much that direction. Just enough so I was sure that I wasn't imagining things. It also looked like Fessor was swinging the r/h out as well as bringing it forward, and stepping slightly shorter on the r/h than on the l/h.

Tonight I'll get a more experienced pair of eyes and see if the odd sound/stride will repeat. If so, Fess will get a few days off and maybe a vet visit. At least we aren't having eye issues...

Tracy

3 Day Eventer...Your horse is adorable! Thanks for sharing pictures!

[ 01-23-2007, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Santas_Girl ]

Wow. What an incredible day! Due to midterms, which I waddled through the last of today, I have half-days, so I have been out at the barn earlier and in sunlight too for the past couple school days. Today, because it wasn't only sunny but nice and calm without winds, attempted to ride in the fields alone with Spectrum. For the first time ever he decided he was homesick and half-dragged me back to the barn. I got him into the outdoor, however, and had a pretty good ride out there.

I had my first lesson on Gayla today! [big Grin] It was fantastic! I could not have imagined it to go better. She felt relaxed and attentive, and we did trotting excersises and a few half-halts on the long sides and viola! Relaxed, hacking around, streching down trot from the mare. She did so well my trainer set up some trotting poles and first we walked over them. I made the mistake of letting her duck out of them once, and spent a good ten minutes correcting my mistake of letting a smart greenie pick up a trick. I am never doing that again! Then, my first "official" canter on Gayla. The two other times were entirely her being...well, young and racehorse-y. This time I was instructed to close my inside rein, put outside leg back and add pressure and I got a shockingly amazing canter. My trainer was also surprised, and even commented that she has never seen such a good and slow, relaxed canter from Gayla.

Let's hope we can keep up the good work! We have plans for Gayla and I and its getting consistently better.

Boocoo--We could have told you that! hehe, I understand how that would be exciting though, both Beau being supple and together, and a rider at that level being impressed!

3dayeventer--I ride 4x a week, which is very lucky for me, but I guess we all wish we could get out more! I know how that feels though, to ride a greenie in a creaky indoor! Big bad monsters coming out of the walls everyone RUN! or so Gayla thinks [Razz] As for Scotch, are you training him and selling him for his owner or leasing and unfortunately he is up for sale?

SantasGirl--Tell Emma to get better soon! She might be missing out on some winter fun. I find that people are worse about driving in the early hours of snow or in sleet. Just because its not heavy they think they can drive normally, when actually that thin, thin layer of snow/ice is worse than a traction of two inces of snow.

luvhorses--Wow, things ARE really "warming up" for you! Lots of oppurtunities, horses, rides, and etc. Sounds like a blast and as if everything is falling together.

As usual, my typing skills have been put to good work. I have yet to learn to shut my mouth--or stop my fingers!

3Day, yes Scotch is adorable. I love his puprle blankie. Beau got a new blankie today. It's blue and green plaid and purple underneath. I needed a spare for him. I used to have lots of extra blankets, but never had a horse so big before! He wears an 84!!

Thanks dobby. I rode again today. It was 42 degrees when I was riding. To some that might not be too bad, but the wind was blowing, not hard, but enough to make it really cold, especially under the covered arena. I am hauling over to my trainer's tomorrow for a lesson in her indoor.

Tracy, hope Fessor is doing fine. Will you not ride then, if nobody else is around? Probably a very smart idea with Fessor being blind and all. I will ride when I am by myself, but always have my phone on me and a helmet on.

Went to my sons school today for awards assembly. He got perfect attendance and Honor Role. My hubby was there also. We were most proud! For a kid who didn't want to leave California, he has adjust very well here and loves his school. Says it's the best school he's ever gone to. And he's been to a few. Lets see, 8 in all and he's in 6th grade.

3Day - it was a nice weekend, though busy - especially trying to fit in lots of homework. It was still fun though! I looked at Dressage Extensions's bit selection earlier today. My trainer said Teddy will do best in a THIN, high port curb. Let me know if you have any suggestions [smile] . Gotta love those "pony days". Scotch is SO cute, and ditto to Boocoo, I really like his cute blankie. Love the quarter sheet too. It's a beautiful color!

Tracy - funny how that works. I came out of a math test feeling bad about it, but ended up getting a B. My friend felt really confident and recieved an F....who knows! Glad to hear Fess is doing better on the lunge, and hopefully the strange sound isn't anything to worry about.

dobby - sounds lke a fantastic lesson and doing really well with Gayla!! Congrats [big Grin] . The weather feels great - we were stuck in the 20's and 30's for much too long in my opinion. My dad grew up in Ohio and used to COLD weather, like below freezing, so he thought it felt nice and refreshing. Not me!!

Boocoo - wow, Beau is a big boy. The Swedish geldng I went to look at a couple months ago wore a size 84" in Weatherbeeta, so in most other brands he wore a 86", sometimes an 87" [Eek!] . My little Alibi wears a 66" Weatherbeeta and 68" other brands, and Teddy is a 72" in his Rhino. You must be really proud of your son, that is awesome. Sounds like he is an adaptable person on top of it.

Alibi was really good yesterday, jumping. We put two jumps up close to the rail - one at E and one at S. Lots of fun, but again, no pictures [Frown] .

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Luv, I bet you had fun jumping. Post some pics next time! I would love to see them. Yes, Beau is big. He has big mucsles also and I want to make sure his rear end is covered. An 82 will fit him, but tends to expose his rear!! The 84 keeps him well covered. My mare that I had for years wore a 74. I have lots of those size blankets and no horses to wear them. Think I will go donate them to the therapuetic riding program. I have some 72's, 74's, 76's and that's it. I bet they can use them!

SG- Thanks! I think he's pretty cute too! [Wink]

dobby- Yay! I'm so excited that you had a great lesson on Gayla! It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with her! What an accomplishment.

Yes sadly Scotch is for sale, so if you know of anyone looking for a lovely pony i have one.

hehe and believe it or not, the greenie that i rode this past weekend wasn't to horrible with the creaky indoor. Whereas even the older horses where pretty naughty. We were all pleasantly surprise. Though i have to admit that when I was jumping him I booted him b/c he would kind of "disappear" underneath me on landing and that baby would kick out at my leg. it was a bit comicial b/c he is a BIG baby!

boocoo- hehe shhh *covers Scotch's ears* it's not purple but Magenta! [Razz] That was Jade's blankie.. [Frown] Omy Beau is a big boy! Whew! George (my dressage trainers FEI horse) is 17.1 and he wears an 84! And way to go for your son and i hope that he continues to excel in school!

luv- I bet. I'm such a slacker when it comes to homework...such as now. your trainer knows best for Teddy. It's interesting how different circum. of bits effect the horse. Jade went in a thick Weymouth with a low port, she really liked her double. I replied to your post on curb chains.. hehe. OO is that the blankie that you were thinking of getting Teddy? It's the Weatherbeeta high neck one.

Scotch wears a 69 or 72...depends on blankie. [smile]

Remy (event horse before I sold him) wore a 78. so i have pony blankies and horse blankies.

Had a fabulous ride on the Scotch boy today! Much better compared to last night. And i finally signed up for a lesson w/ Audrey. So Monday is my lesson day with her, she is an excellent rider and some of the girls/ladies at the barn really enjoy her teaching methods sooo hopefully it will go over well!!

It can be hard to judge how an exam went by how you feel coming out. ESPECIALLY if the exam is graded on a curve.

Boocoo, I generally don't ride if I'm alone. MOST of the time we'd be ok, but it only takes one accident... While I generally don't expect to fall, things happen. I'd rather have others around just in case. That was true to some extent when Fess could see, but it seems like an even more prudent precaution now.

Fess is still moving oddly. No sound, but he's definitely off behind. It looks as though his hips may be out, and he is tender to the touch on the stifle. So we will give Fess bute and a few days of rest. I have already requested a lunge lesson for Thursday on one of the other horse in the barn... I really need the chance to work on feel and learning to really relax at the canter.

I need to write a letter to the apartment complex managers. Today I slipped on ice under the snow on the incompletely cleared sidewalks. This is the second time in a week that I have been sitting in the snow after falling on uncleared sidewalks! I'm not hurt (at least not any worse, my left ankle still is not happy from the LAST fall). But I did manage to throw my back and hips out. I guess it's time to find the human chiropractor and see when he can fit me in. I KNOW I'm out of alignment now.

There's not too much to report from here. Winter has finally arrived, after a relatively warm fall. Hopefully I can build on last semester's success and get a strong foundation at school. Now if I can just find a job for the summer, I'll be all set!

Tracy

Boo, what weight are those blankets and condition? Layla wears a 74/75... [Wink]

Just a quick check in.. Ill have to go back and respond to everyone later as its already 1am.

Ive been in school for 2 days now. I like it. Its very very relaxed. Classes are from 5-11pm M-Th. However I guess b/c a lot of people cant get there at 5 or the traffic is bad, the first hour you just kind dink around. Then we dink around some more.. have lecture, work in the lab, whatever. That way you can learn at your own pace. They go by Mods, and each Mod is a different group of things to learn. There are people like me in their first month, and there are people who graduate next month all in the same class, but learning the Mod together. But its nice b/c theres students who have a lot more knowledge than me that are helping.

I made 3 impressions of teeth today. One set of top and bottom teeth that are "perfect" with no missing teeth etc for my good set. And then one more that the front 4 bottom teeth are missing and the bottom canies are deteriotaed. We make crowns later on and I can use that cast to make my 6 piece crown.

I also learned all the tools and the # of the teeth and their names. We have a lab book that you have to have everything signed off on as you complete it, like the impressions and knowing the tools, so you can graduate. I completed 4 of those things today so that was nice.

I ended up purchasing the Amerigo. The MW as you know was too wide and it turns out the M is only 1.5cm more narrow. That is what I think she needs and we can adjust it in even .5cm incriments if we need to. She said the Amerigos run wider and bigger than a lot of saddles. Like the Stubben M was too tight but she thinks the M will work. The M in the Barnsby fits. And the Amerigo is an 18!! I cant believe it but it is. I thought it was an 18.5 but its not. She said they are very generous saddles.

So I put the MW back in the mail today and the M should be here by Thursday I think. She said she'll charge me 1/2 up front and once we make sure the M fits, she'll charge me the rest.

I got Layla massaged on Saturday and she was adjusted on last Monday, so I rode her yesterday. She was very very good. More willing to activate her inside hind even on a circle and her canter to trot transitions are getting better with her balance and my timing.

Well Im off to bed. Night guys!

[ 01-24-2007, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

Boocoo - jumping is fun, and Alibi definitely enjoys it. Though she is dressage trained, I think she'd do best in a home where she can do Training/1st Level dressage, and then jumping, trails, endurance, etc. to mix things up a bit. Ohhh, do you have any high neck 72's?

3Day - yes, the whole bit thing is rather fascinating. It really does make a HUGE difference. Thanks for the reply to my post [smile] . I really like your blanket...is it the Weatherbeeta Orican? I really like high necks. Teddy's Rhino is a regular cut neck, though it goes a few inches higher than normal for wither clearence. His actual owner bought it, and paid $185...I really like the Orican high necks which are like $120/$130, so his next blankie will for sure be a high neck. Glad you had a nice ride, and let us know how the lesson goes!!

Tracy - maybe a chiro session is in order for Fess, and it sounds for you too! Ouch. I'd definitely be writing a letter...falling once is bad enough, but twice? Something needs to happen!

Shantel - sounds like you are learning lots already! And congrats on the purchase of a saddle- FINALLY you have found "IT" [Yay] . Glad to hear Layla was good, Teddy is going to be adjusted again soon too.

[smiley Wavey]

Tracy, I totally agree with you about not riding alone, especially due to the fact that Fess is blind. Very smart thinking. Myself on the other hand? I am so used to riding alone because we had our horses at home for years and if I didn't ride when I was alone, I would never get to ride. My hubby works long, late hours and it would be dark by the time he got home, hence I rode and still do. But I do make sure I am wearing a helmet and my cell phone is attached to my belt on my breeches. That way if I fall and am coherent, I can find and use my phone, as long as I don't land on it!!! [big Grin] Anyway, kudos to you for being safe and safe for your horse!

Krazy and Luv, I will have to dig those blankies out and let you both know what I have.

I had the most awesome lesson tonight at my trainers. I hauled Beau over there. First time I rode him anywhere else besides his home barn since Sept. He was awesome. We longed him a bit first, he was high as a kite, but once he settled down I rode him and had an awesome lesson. He was so good and we rode so well. I could not believe how well we did. My trainer was excited for me. She started lining my shows out and said we will do very well at first level this year. I am just so excited!! After everything we went through last year, this is such a great start. Not to mention it was cold and rainy all day and he was still good. Course we were in her indoor, but it was still chilly. [Yay][Yay][Jump][Jump]

McKenzie- I believe it is! I like the high necks as well. Keeps my lil man a bit more snug and toasty. Still have to fix the 2nd ring...it's a bit loose in the chest area on the first ring. Just thinking of blanket shopping reminds me that I need to go breeches and new halter shopping.

Krazy- I loved the look of the Amerigo! and YIY to 5-11pm...I would die. I have one night class that goes from 6-9pm...and I can't stand it. But then again that class is PA History...boring at this point in time.

Boocoo- [big Grin] You'll be rocking at first level! How exciting...when are you planning on starting your season?

Krazy, congrats on the saddle. Excellent choice I say!!

Thanks 3Day. Had another great ride today. The weather was gorgeous today. I am planning on two schooling shows, one in March and one in April, then a two day rated show in May. We'll see how it goes.

Hey guys.

Today I rode Ben for Sarah as her truck was getting worked on and she couldnt get out. It poured all night so the field was a lake. Its all grass and dirt, so while there were some parts that were muddy, it wasnt slippery. Ben started out well. He was being a turkey about softening and coming onto the bit. I didnt push too much about that b/c he does very well in that area with Sarah. My main goal was cantering as he is a pig about it, esp with Sarah.

For a while now, she has been barely able to canter him, only b/c he WONT. He totally has her number, so we have been working on getting him to respect her u/s and get over this stubbornness hurdle. Lately, Ive been either sitting outside the ring or standing in the center holding the lunge whip. Ive only had to pop it twice to get him to canter. But coupled with her signal u/s, his cantering has gotten so much better.

She rode him Tuesday without me there and he got the canter every time she asked. The biggest problem he has is after a walk break, he shuts down. Says hes done and wont canter. But weve been pushing him through that, and he has been cantering no problems after a walk break.

Today he picked up both leads (sometimes is sticky with the right), and I was doing simple changes with about 4 trot steps and picking up the new lead. We did that 3 times, 1/2 a lap around the field, change, etc. I gave him his walk break and he immediately picked up the canter again. I only asked for one transition and one lap around each direction as it was only like 52 today and windy and I didnt want him hot. I made him trot one lap after the canter before walk. We came around the corner of the ring (had to ride outside it b/c of the wet) and I put my leg on to ask him to bend and he was ready to canter again! Weve never had him so on the aids and ready that he offered a canter! LOL So he was very good.

My very own, personally own Amerigo came in the mail today. I havent taken it out of the box as it came as I was leaving for class. So Ill try it out tomorrow.

Class is going very well. I took my first two tests yesterday.. they were tooth names, #s, and locations. I got a 100. And then we had the tools.. theres about 15 of them. I had to name all of them. I got a 100 on that as well.

Tomorrow night theres a hard freeze warning. Great. Monday it was in the 80s and Layla had a bath!! Its like 42 right now and windy with no clouds so its dropping. I think tomorrrows high is in the 50s or 40s again. Blah.

Night guys!

Krazy, glad you found a saddle that works for you! Saddle shopping is a pain! Also, congrats on the test scores. [smile]

Didn't have time read much of anything on this thread...but just wanted to update...

I am moving my horse and my husband's horse to the barn near my house tomorrow! We got permission to leave the current barn early. I am super excited! [Yay]

Krazy and Santa, you both have exciting news!! Congrats on your saddle Krazy and so glad you are moving tomorrow SG. Updates tomorrow please!!! [Wink]

Nothing new and exciting with me. It's Friday and I usually don't ride on Fridays. I am so beat by the time I get to the barn after work. So Beau just got rubbed down and fed him his yum yum's and came home. Took my son to spend the night with a friend, went grocery shopping and came home again. Now at least that's done and I can go ride tomorrow.

Wow Krazy! Sounds like you are going super in school so far! Whoopeee!

SG- [big Grin] so glad that you were able to move. Hopefully things will unwind and be less stressful

Boocoo- Your day sounds like mine...excluding the kid part. lol

I haven't seen Scotch since Tuesday....ugh Wednesday I work early and then have 2 night classes...so no seeing the pony then. Thursday I have class all morning and then work till close. and Friday that I work allll day until close. I'm way too tired by the time I leave work to drive over to see him. But the next 4 days are my riding days. And I'm trying to fit in riding either on Thursday night or Friday morning.

it's wicked cold here...in the teens! But hopefully tomorrow will be warmer. Hoping to jump Scotch tomorrow if the arena is empty, so I can set up some gridwork. We'll see I suppose. lol

Boocoo - wow, sounds like a fantastic ride!! I am sure you and Beau will do really, really at First Level. You're definitely ready.

Shantel - sounds like Ben has a hard head, but also sounds like his learning fast, which is good. Congrats on your scores in school, it sounds like you are doing awesome! I am SO envious of your weather... And be sure to let us know how your saddle rides, like others said, definitely a good choice [big Grin]

SG - congratulations! That's wonderful news.

3Day - that is rather cold, ick. It is rather chilly this morning, but not too bad. I really like highneck blankets. I find when it rains (and here in wet WA state we get lootttsss of it) it helps keep their chests drier, whereas with a regular neck turnout it kind of drains down on their chest. Let us know how Scotch does today, if you were able to ride [smile]

Well I haven't ridden since Wednesday, as on Thursday I wasn't feeling too well so didn't do anything after school. Then on Friday, I went to bed feeling okay, not 100% but not really sick or anything. I woke up at 1am on Friday, feeling awful, and then started throwing up [Frown] . I had a BAD flu, one of the worst. It's been going around too, I've had some friends out sick, and I probably got it from them as it's supposedly highly contagious. I am feeling much better now, but my mom still won't let me ride until tomorrow. Which is okay, I guess, as I need to rest up. So that's my great news for the weekend [Wink]

Hope you all are doing well!

3day, you have a very busy schedule. Sure hope it warmed up for you and you got to spend some time with Scotch this weekend.

Luv, I sure hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you might have a touch of the stomache flu! Get well! [Huggy]

Had a pretty good ride on Beau today. He was doing quite well, then the BO fed lunch. He has been putting one of the usually outside horses in because of the extreme mud. So today he had him out in Beau's pasture and Beau didn't realize it. When he fed lunch, the horse is a gray, comes to eat out of bucket on the gate and he looks like a paint from rolling in the mud. Beau freaks out, like who is that weird looking horse and gets tall as a giraffe. I could feel him wanting to bolt. In the mean time, the BO is out in another pasture with one of his horses who won't get up? Turns out he was colicking. I managed to get Beau under control and convince him that was just a horse out in the pasture. Kept riding, worked on canter and leg yields and quit for the day on a very good note. He is great on everything to the left but his leg yield to the right was quite awful. So I went back to it going left and then came across the diagnol and did it right and it was awesome. So we stoped and he got lots of pats and good boys and treats when he was unsaddled.

Hubby and I went to spend the rest of our Cmas gift cards tonight. We bought some teracotta pots and plants for them and hanging baskets and flowers, all for our front porch. This porch is really cool. It's an L shape and has big white, square columns. It needs dressing up and some color. All that's on it right now are the lovely Corinthian chimes. We have to put the plants in the garage for now though, cause it's suppsed to freeze again soon. Ugh!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

luv- ooo no! I hope you feel better soon! I hate the flu...ick ick and ick! And high necks are definately a great thing. Nice and toasty [big Grin]

Boocoo- hehe, silly Beau! His is right side stiff side? Glad to hear that you two ended on a good note. It's always a good thing to do.

Yes, very busy...I have a ton of college work to do tomorrow. *sighs* And was able to go out and ride the pony!

Sounds like you have a lovely porch....I always wanted a wrap around porch.

We have a porch on the back of my house that goes along the backside and is one of the up in the air porches. It's nice but I sure do love wrap arounds!

Sooo I went shoe shopping today...lol. I do love shoes and tried on soo many. Finally ended up getting these very trendy boots with fur lining the top that lace up the entire front.

Then came home and went out to ride. I was thinking that Scotch was going to be a bit fresh from not being ridden in 3 days. But I had no desire to lunge today so I just got on. And he was quite good. Did about 1/2hr of flatwork. I picked a great time to ride in the arena...that I was able to set up some jumps. And ooomy was he excited to jump! Sooo excited that he was jumping a good 4 feet over the fences. Did I mention the jumps were not even pushing 2 feet. lol! Then we lost our brakes in the beginning so had to start back from scratch. The end we were cantering with a nice rythm to the fences. We had a fun time..hehe.

One of the girls that rides there came in half way through our jump school and was soo excited to see fences set up. She was like yes someone else who jumps. I'm at a dressage barn so no one ever jumps.

Alright I'm done w/ my novel...and [Not Worthy] if you actually read it.

Plans for tom....

Homework...homework and ride the pony.

Have a great evening!

Hi Guys, been reading, but haven't had much to add. My trainers on vacation this week, so I ride on my own.

I bought a saddle finally. Should be in the mail next week. Hopefully it works. I borrowed it from the tack shop weeks ago. Returned it. Decided abuot two weeks after that, that I would buy it. It was sold. Tried 100 others on him. Nothing worked. So mailordered the one that originally fit pretty good. So praying the mail order one fits same as the other that sold. gah. Stressful.

I've not ridden much the last two weeks because daughter took our horse to a show. So I had to let him be while she prepared, and while he recooperated this week. Will ride tomorrow again finally.

Tracy, perhaps you could use a different pair of winter boots too? would that help on the snowy days? Hope Fessor feels better soon.

Souunds like you are very excited about the showing Boocoo. That's fantastic!

3day, yeah, I get to ride a fresh horse tomorrow too. lol. Jumping is a blast isn't it?!

Wow Shantal, it sounds like you are learning a whole lot all ready! That's great!

That's all I can remember, sorry!

[ 01-27-2007, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Barklays my Bay ]

Here's some photos, I think you were asking 3day?

Anyway, thought I would share.

-

Me and Onyxx. My daughter is very embarrassed that I glued all those crystals to his browband.

-

That's me riding him a few months ago. Not looking great, but hey, I'm working on it. He's a good boy for me. I was trying a saddle that was too small for me, but fit him.

Anyway, yeah that's me him and my wonderful trainer

Yes, Beau has a harder time to the right and so do I. We are both better balaned to the left.

3day, sounds like you had fun and Scotch enjoyed jumping.

Barklay, I am very excited about showing. I am going to haul over to the show grounds in a couple of weeks and school my horse there. I like the crystals on your browband. You and your horse look very nice. What breed and how old is he? Is your trainer in a skirt? Wow!! I am such a wimp when it comes to cold, I would never make it at the barn in a skirt!!! She must be pretty tough!

[ 01-28-2007, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

Hi Boocoo. Yes, she's in a skirt. You wouldn't believe what she does with the horses in her work clothes. lol She's still teaching in skirts once in awhile, but she's added a full length coat thank heavens! I've only seen her in jeans twice. It's either breeches, or skirts. [big Grin]

Is your horse a youngster? Is the footing nice at the showgrounds? You are in FL right? My girlfriend ran me around to some of your show grounds while I was there in July. Wow! I'm so jealous! You are so lucky. Even the County park blew me away!

My horse is 11 years old this spring. We has only been doing dressage for two years though. We are in central Texas.

here is a picture of us in the arena at my boarding barn. I am always talking about how big Beau is. I am 5'9" in my stocking feet. So with boots on, about 5'10 1/2 or so. Beau stands 16.2. So this gives an idea of how tall he is!! [big Grin]

-

lovely horse Barklay! And I too like the bling on your horse's browband. Very trendy.

Haha I didn't even notice your instructor was wearing a skirt till Boocoo mentioned it.

I'm not sure if I could teach in a skirt. i move around way to much when teaching. And I think you thinking of Krazy or Shantel who lives in FL. And yes jumping is lots of fun. And this pony certainly likes to jump...lol.

Boocoo- Wow he certainly is a BIG. What a handsome boy!

Scotch was a good boy today. Very very light workout because he started off a bit lame. Which I was surprised because I always check limbs and hooves before riding. But then he worked out of it. I think he might of been a bit sore from the jump school... [Embarrassed] Had someone to take pics...but they were having a lot of trouble with timing on the my digital. So there were only like 2 decent shots.

Tomorrow is my first lesson w/ Audrey. I'm hoping that Scotch is not sore, but if he is I'll just have to postpone it.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!