Sign in to follow this  
RodeoCowgirl504

Working Student? position

Hello there. I am looking to get into some type of working student position in the fall of 2007 or later. The reason I can't start beforehand is due to graduating high school in June and then I have a summer of rodeoing my own horses and showing arabians/appys/tenn. walker/mini for the summer catch riding for a farm. I ride for free and they pay all my entries and care for the horses, ext. I have done many differant types of riding over the years. These include: barrel racing, pole bending, goat tying, breakaway roping, other gymkhana events, halter, showmanship, horsemanship, West. pleasure, Eng. pleasure, jumping, dressage, trail (trail riding and trail classes at shows), equitation, AND more. For 3 summers I volunteered at a trail riding stable and helped with all aspects of running the facility so that I could ride for free. I have taken barrel racing, eng. pleasure, west. pleasure, jumping, and dressage lessons over the years. I have attended several clinics on differant disciplines as well. Deffinately always willing to learn new things, which is why I am looking for a position... When I boarded I was more than capable to look after the barn for a few days at a time when the BO was away and frequently helped with chores. I now have 4 horses on my property (my moms house) and care for them myself. I have been involved with FFA, 4H, Little britches, and High School Rodeo, as well as other clubs and associations. Over the past few summers I have helped train and have trained several horses on my own, although only a few were for money. I am willing to travel to wherever I might find a position available (including overseas) and would like to go as far as my learning and potential take me. I can give more info on my experiences to anyone interested! I was just wondering if anyone might know of a farm/stable/ranch that would be suitable for me to possibly contact. Thank you for your time.

Whitney

rodeocowgirl_504@hotmail.com