Sign in to follow this  
smithereens_86

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 15!!

Phew I'm baaack! Seems someone spread their sickness to over here. Who's the culprit??

My brain is not functioning enough at the moment to respond to everyone, but I will catch up soon. Just checking in to say I'm still alive..just. [big Grin]

[ 05-06-2007, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

Lauren - haha yeah, Ted is rather special [Wink] Ummm, well his first one that was made up of 3 bridles did *not* match, but kinda recently I purchased one from my trainer that DID match, and is all one bridle *gasp* but it's a bit tight behind the ears, so I need to either get it altered at the tack store or just buy a new one. About the Dressage Eq. class. I already sent in my entry form for the Beaujolais, for doing this and 4 Second Level classes, but there was no choice as to what level the Dressage Eq. class was...is it separated by levels, or...? Really I just want to know what to expect, and any tips that would help me perform better. Hehe [Razz] . Crossing fingers Scotchy stays sound!!

Boocoo - Things are going well, thanks. I am just a bit concerned about the size of the indoor arena, as it's a small dressage ring, and there are lessons going on numerous days out of the week, and since lesson people have the right-of-way, it's hard to get much done (such as leg yields, half pass, serpentines, etc.). At my old barn, there were like 5 boarders and a large dressage arena, and now there are almost 20 boarders and a small dressage arena!! A bit of a change. Okay, done rambling now, and thanks for asking BTW [smile] . What a goofy boy you have there - gotta love horses with personalities, though, huh? They keep things fun and 'interesting'!!

Holly - They sure are!! I'm a sucker for chocolate [big Grin]

Megan - I've never ridden a trained WP horse, but I imagine the differences between that and Dressage are like night and day!! And congratulations on passing the Chemistry test!! Yay! Sounds like an awesome, productive lesson, too. And yeah, I can relate...I was like an emotional roller coaster yesterday.

LST - You LIVE!

Bad news first: Alibi refused to load in the trailer to go to Nugget's owners place, so she did not go as Anita (Teddy's owner), the owner of the pasture where Alibi CURRENTLY is, did not want to deal with getting her loaded. It sounded like her gelding was going whacko, which got the dogs all riled up and then Alibi. So Nugget's owner and I may go get Alibi today, depending on our schedules and such.

Good news: I have a lesson Nugget soon, and am going to ride my trainer's FANTASTIC Swedish WB gelding, who is like breathtaking. Hoping that will go well!

[smiley Wavey]

[ 05-06-2007, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: luvhorses223 ]

*sighs*

My pony is broken again.

[surrender]

He was great at the show, but uneven in his trotwork when we went into the ring. Ugh [bang Head] This is so frusterating, I'm at my wit ends now...

But to say the least the judge really liked him but had to mark us down a lot because of the uneven trotwork...lol so that pony of mine got a 64%(and a 2nd place ribbon) and later the judge told me, he would of won w/ a much higher score if it wasn't for the trot.

And I scratched his 2nd test...so calling the vet yet again tomorrow to discuss a plan of action as I'm at a dead end. He'll get video taped tomorrow to show the unevenness. I didn't give him any bute tonight as it normally makes him sound and I need to have him unsound (as horrible as that my seem). Poor guy. Blah sorry for my vent, I'm just upset about this whole soundness issue.

Hello to all--vegas, luvhorses, 3Day, Shelley, Boo, anyone else I may have forgotten....I have to take notes while I'm reading all your posts, please have mercy on an old lady... [Wink]

Vegas--I saw the Barbaro show and I cried, and I'm a long ways from ever PMSing again, so don't be too hard on yourself. My DH watched it too, and got a bit weepy himself. Such a waste...

Flecken--hey there, yes I'm going for my MBA. Better late than never. I've been out of school for 25 years. I want to get out of the 9 to 9 grind, maybe do some teaching, some consulting, have more time to ride my boys.

My trainer trains Appys too, and we have a couple who converted to the dressage side of the barn and are doing great. One's a big-strided palomino, the other's a blue-eyed little roany guy who's got an awesome trot. He went to his first show yesterday, I'll find out tonight how he did.

Shantel--nothing like kitten pictures to raise the awwww factor. What a cutie..but I'm a sucker for kittens.

Someone here was talking about comparing WP to dressage, and I was going to address it here, but I might just start a new thread instead, create some controversy [Wink] Here's a hint--as a former WP rider, I'm having to learn how to ride all over again [Cool] but not for the reasons you'd think.

I just finished the third of four finals. Almost done! My last is on Thursday.

In a moment of madness, I agreed to work as a groom at the barn in exchange for a second lesson a week. Our current working student is balancing two other jobs and is only out at the barn two days a week. So I'll be taking three days a week and we'll combine on Saturdays. It's the only way I can afford a second lesson a week, and gives me something to do when I'm not emotionally ready to leave the barn. [smile] So once again, I'm doing my horse crazy teenager impression. Now to find a part time job that I can work around class and the barn so that I can *afford* to work out at the barn. Imagine a 35 yo working student... That's me! [big Grin] Hmmm. Maybe I can do some babysitting in the evenings to supplement my income a bit.

Fessor's been good lately. He's been putting up with me working on my seat, trying to figure out where I am blocking him. One of these days, I'll learn how to let go of my hips, thighs, and legs while we work. I need to get in and see a chiropractor. I have a VERY distinct good direction and bad direction. I suspect that the fall at the show is causing me issues. Fessor's r/f was stocked up last night, so I asked one of the boarders to put him out in the indoor arena when she was done for the night. Hopefully the night out moving around took care of the swelling. He was sound on the leg, so I'm not too worried. Now if we can just convince the weather to QUIT RAINING!

Have a good week, all!

Tracy

megan: congrats for passing! that's waaaaay better than a 7. hee hee. awesome on your good lesson. here's what i have to do to get video up. save it onto the computer. then go to windows movie maker and publish it to your computer. but...you have to save it as the small file, cause youtube and photobucket have limits. then you just save it to youtube or photobucket. let me know if you need more help. it took me awhile to figure it out, but i've got it down now! hee hee. sounds like PMS to me!! i recorded barbaro but haven't watched it yet.

lightning: feel better soon! i got some new flu thing too. What's up with that? I never get this sick. argh...hope you feel better soon though.

mckenzie: hope you guys get alibi loaded and moved soon. and hope you have a great ride on the warmblood. whoo hoo!

lauren: oooooh no... i'm so sorry about poor scotch. hope he feels better soon and you guys get him squared away and sound for good! [Angel]

DQ: awesome. good luck at it. i have absolutely no business sense, so it's a good thing i just work at my job instead of owning the clinic! good luck with your program. sounds like a lot of work, but worth it in the end. yay! for appy dressage.

tracy: hee hee. crazed teenager! hee hee. sounds like a fun job atleast! and two lessons are always good. ugh..babysitting though.. i'd rather clean stalls! i'm not a kid person. ooooh, yes..the chiropracter is a great thing! i am 12 degress off! heehee. no wonder! hope the rain quits for you and fessor gets unpuffy.

so......had a fun weekend. but managed to catch the flu/cold from someone... i'm suspicious of my trainers little kid. we were playing tag and spinning at the barn party. but...ugh.. i felt sooo bad last night. better today with the help of dayquil! so my weekend wasn't quite as planned. sat was the parties which were fun. but i didn't get to ride my horse cause my trailer had a flat. so i dealt with that and then didn't get to ride kota cause the ring was set up with a volleyball net for the party. so then sunday we did house work instead of six flags because the weather was too bad on sat. and mike's mom came to help but insisted on doing it earlier rather than later, so i didn't get to ride before hand. so when we got back i went to go jump, but the barn i was going to had taken down all the jumps. so instead i just kept going and rode at the horse park. fleck was pretty good. he was spooking at bikers and joggers some. and then someone was playing with a remote control car... it was doing that awful whine and it was driving us both crazy! fleck couldn't see it cause it was behind some trees so he was freaked out. but eventually calmed down. after listening to it for a half hour, he decided it was okay. so we did some flat work and got some really nice half-passes. guess he was so worked up... don't know, but they felt really nice. then we did a fun gallop! which is hard to do in a dressage saddle. and we almost ran over two joggers! oops! not really but they sorta acted like we were going to. then we did some more dressage and then i found a ditch that we jumped and he didn't even think about refusing! so yay! so then on monday i was supposed to go jump with a friend at the other barn. half way there she called and cancelled. but there were other friends to ride with. we jumped and worked on getting straight by jumping a bunch of skinnies. it definately wasn't our best jumping. he was being fussy...i think i was using too much hand and not enough leg. but...we did okay by the end. so today is trails day, then maybe he'll get wed off. then thursday is a jump lesson but i'll do dressage first! so....all in all a pretty good time. aside from being sick.

hope everyone else had a good weekend.

holly

McKenzie – How did the barn party go?? Hope you had a great time and met a lot of nice new people. Hmmm . . . the Dressage Eq. class sounds like fun, and I have worked sooo hard on my position that I really want to do it. I may just go ahead and enter the class not knowing what it is. How hard can it be?? HA!!!! [ROTFL] Famous last words!!!!! Watch them make me try to jump something – Raz sooo DOESN’T jump. We tried that – it wasn’t pretty. If Teddy’s bridle is tight behind the ears, wouldn’t a larger browband solve the issue?? I’m guessing you got him a cob bridle right?? If so, scope out some of the pretty, not very expensive bling browbands (horse size) in the Dover catalog. They have some for as low as $28.00 or Dressage Extensions also has some gorgeous ones as low as $20 I believe. I bet that would solve the problem without having to buy a whole new bridle, and then Teddy would also have a flashy new browband as well. Or if you aren’t into the bling browband, you can also just buy a plain browband (horse size) very cheap to match your bridle (or closely match). Don’t stress too much about the size of your new indoor. You will adjust. And when you get to your next show in the over crowded zooey warm up, you are going to ROCK!!! You will be so used to the crowded ring conditions that you and Teddy won’t be phased by it in the least. It will be a big adjustment, but you are a great rider, and you will do just fine. Hope you got Alibi moved safely. What a naughty girl refusing to load. Ooohh, can’t wait to hear all about the lesson the Swedish WB!! Sounds like a blast. I’m sure you will do great.

Lauren – OK, girl, spill it – WHAT is expected in a Dressage Eq. class??? The show I am doing is just a small schooling show, so there are no levels in the Dressage Eq. They are just bunching everyone together into one Dressage Eq. class. Do they divide you up by level once in the class?? Should I expect to have to do things specific to 2nd level since I will be showing 2nd level at the show?? Raz ROCKS at the final center line and halt. He POWERS down that last medium trot, and then just cranks out the most amazing collected trot because he knows he is almost done. I just have to keep asking for him to stay collected because he wants to POWER down the center line in a medium!!!! It is so easy to just say, “Stay collected, stay collected, stay collected.” Then BAM!!! There is his halt. More often than not, his final halt is square because he is so up into the bridle and really in front of my leg, I barely have to breath out, and he steps up into the halt. I wish the whole test would ride as smooth as the final two movements usually do!!!! They ride like cruise control – just little balancing half halts, that’s it. I’ve gotten more than one 9 on the final center line and halt, and now that he has truly developed an awesome medium, I expect those scores to go way up as well. Ahhh, sounds like me, and I only have one job. I get out to the barn around 7-ish, but I still don’t manage to leave until around 10-ish. What with really putting in long solid rides and cooling out and cleaning tack, just seems to take forever. Besides which, I just need my alone time, and the barn is my escape. OK, I can compromise – half zip is better than no zip at all. At least that comes off easier!! My farrier only charges me $20 more for eggbars over regular shoes, so cost wise, I really don’t notice the difference of the eggbars. EXCELLENT point about the footing being different down Holly’s way. That didn’t even occur to me!!! I’m just soooo used to the NASTY footing we have up here. You really can’t go without shoes and studs XC in this area without risking life and limb. The footing is just horrendous. Never even crossed my mind that PERHAPS someplace else actually had DECENT footing. Novel concept!!!!! Given that Holly’s area does indeed have better footing, I have to agree with you that small studs are probably sufficient to give Fleck the added stability that he needs XC. OH NO!!!!!!!! I can’t believe Scotch came up lame again. Keep us posted on what the vet has to say.

Boocoo – I am sooo not surprised that Beau pouted when the vet wouldn’t give him another treat!!! He has so much personality. What a ham!! And checking out what the vet did each time – such a character he is. Hope the rain ends soon, and the paddocks dry out.

Holly – You use Quicksilver, but you don’t let is set for 10 minutes?? Don’t you read the instructions on the bottle?? Silly!!!! Actually, your head DOES weigh quite a bit – round about 26lbs or so as I recall the statistics. So just turning your head can throw your weight off in the saddle, but I doubt that was what caused Kota to fall. HA!! HA!! HA!!! Don’t be embarrassed about sitting there and doing nothing. I am guilty of it as well. I will get Raz to a good spot and then just SIT there. Julie will be YELLING at me to RIDE and not just SIT!!! I swear, I just zone out and stop doing anything at all. Just because they are feeling good, doesn’t mean you get to stop riding, and especially when they aren’t going right, you really can’t stop riding. You always have to be something even if it is something small like suppleing to remind them to stay soft and nice. You can never ever just sit and do nothing. This is precisely what 1st is all about – learning that timing and feel in transitions – how to hold, and give, but not throwaway or grab. Elastic connection. You are struggling to learn “feel”. It is an amorphous concept that no one can explain to you, and you will only learn through trial and error. It takes about 4 million or more transitions with eyes on the ground saying, “You threw away.” “You grabbed.” “Just right.” So don’t get frustrated. It has taken me oh . . . 2 years to figure this out, and I am just now starting to get this consistently correct. YIKES!!!! Sooooo proud of myself, you don’t even know!!!!! HOLLY!!!!! What on earth is your outside leg doing slightly forward in a shoulder-fore????? [Eek!] Your outside leg should be slightly BACK to control the haunches from sliding out to the rail. In a SI, your outside leg does not come forward to push the shoulders in off the rail. Your outside leg goes back to prevent the haunches from falling out to the rail. Your INSIDE leg asks the horse to bend through the rib cage more, and your outside rein, prevents the horse from popping his shoulder out. That brings the horse’s shoulders in off the rail. As for controlling falling haunches, your leg is what will control the fall of the haunches. You don’t need to move your WHOLE leg to control the fall of the haunches. Just from the knee down, like for a canter transition, slightly move your lower leg just behind the girth, push the haunches back over, then bring your lower leg back to “neutral” position at the girth. It is a small movement. If the haunches are continually falling and won’t “stay” where they are supposed to, you may have to leave your lower leg slightly back behind the girth and placed on his side “holding” his haunches in place until he learns to carry them straight in whatever movement he is having trouble with. This is the same as your canter work. Your outside lower leg should be carried back slightly behind the girth and placed on the horse’s side to maintain the canter lead, right?? Same thing for the control of the fall of the haunches. No twisting of your body allowed!!!! Don’t fret about the HI not being 100%. Mine never were for a long, long time. They are only just starting to be now that I have better control over Raz’s suppleness and his shoulder/haunch placement. It is an advanced movement to get 100% technically correct. When you first start working it, you are going to get an idea of it. You start from there, then you keep finessing it working towards the 100% technically correct. Sounds like you have been getting a bunch of riding in lately. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Megan – Congrats on passing the chem test!!! Way to go!!! Yes, Raz is a registered Paint. He is a black and white frame Overo by Blue Max out of Vandy’s Lil Jo – so APHA on the top and AQHA on the bottom. He is more TBish in his build than stock build, and tall for a Paint. He stands 16.1hh. Super nice mover as well. Great gaits. And he has one blue eye and one brown eye for a little added character – as if he needs that!!! HA!!! Glad to hear the lesson went well, and your trainer was able to help you out with your cornering issue.

Lisa/LST – So sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tracy – Oooohhh, 1 more exam and you are officially 1/3 of the way through law school!!!! HA!!! I’ve considered working at the barn to help pay for board/lessons. Nothing wrong with that. Every little bit helps. Hope you are able to find a job that works in with your barn schedule.

Had a fantastic schooling session on Saturday and a killer lesson on Sunday. I still hurt all over from the two rides. Worked on a ton of lateral work at both the trot and canter. Really getting the canter shoulder-in at long last, and the canter half pass if falling into place as well. Julie sorted out my issues with the counter canter serpentine. You know when you see it ridden REALLY well, and think, gee, wish *I* could ride it THAT well. Oh boy, on Sunday, Julie had me riding it THAT well in the lesson. Felt amazing. So collected. So balanced. So easy. Of course, I may never get it THAT nice again without her standing at the center of the serpentine YELLING at us all the way through it, but darn it felt amazing – and on both leads no less. Ah yes, I must RIDE the whole way through it not panic and sit there and freeze up. Hmm, imagine that. HA!!! At any rate, we have seemingly gotten past the pulling thing and really gotten a beautiful contact, so now we get to move to the next stage – really pushing him forward into that elastic contact and making the half halts WORK to recycle the energy rather than just pick him up off his face and keep him supple. WOW!!! A real, energy recycling half halt. Not sure I have ever felt that before. I finally, finally, finally have developed the ability to maintain a real supple, elastic connection and ride a real energy recycling half halt, release, half halt, release and maintain everything, and not just for a stride or two, but constant – as in several laps around the arena constant. Ask for a SI or something, and we crash and burn a little, but hey, who’s perfect?!?! HA!!! You have no idea how hard or how long I have worked for this, well okay, you probably do!! [Razz]

~Shelly~

shelly: yeah...the footing is actaully pretty nice around here, but i do think that small studs would help. Especially when we move up to training. so... i bought the watch and ice boots and next pay check i'm gonna get the stud kit. [smile] and no.... i'm bad and don't read the directions! although by the time i lather him up completely it probably does sit for about ten minutes. i've found that johnson and johnson baby shampoo (the lavendar is scrumptious!) gets my pony sparkling clean and soft and he smells soooo yummy. and yeah... you're right. my head is pretty heavy...which is why my back is always so tight since it's crooked! hopefully though the chiropracter has sorted some of that out. and...yeah... i think kota just fell from the footing. i don't know. it was crazyness! but my neck finally stopped hurting! two really good back/neck rubs and two nights of this awesome all natural icy hot stuff! oh you mean i have to keep riding!? hee hee. yeah.. fleck's really good about making you continue to ride. he's not hard per se, but you have to ride correct and continue riding or he says "if you're not working neither am i" and turns into a giraffe! but...we did work on our canter and really half halting the other day and it was better! i thought maybe i did that at home and just forgot at shows, but i think i just let it ride...instead of working for it at home even. so i'm gonna continue to work on it! ahhh, the feel... it is nice when you get that feeling. i just can't manage to keep it! but we're getting better. i'm getting where i can tell where he's almost almost there and then bam, there it is and i can feel it. then i lose it but atleast now that i've lost it. so getting there. hmmmmm. so.... i don't know! i thought my outside leg was supposed to be slight ahead to ask for the shoulder in/fore?? ooops! that explains some of the fishtailing! i'm so embarassed! but...in my defense...no one ever told me that's not how it's done! that's why i'm so glad i have you! hmmm. okay, it's making sense now cause i've been going back and forth with my outside leg back since his haunches start doing things and i'm thinking to myself...now how on earth can i have my outside leg forward and back at the same time?! duh! that makes sense. it's just soooo hard to keep flecks' shoulder from popping out, but i guess that's where the magic of the outside rein comes into play. maybe now that i've come so far with him, i can use the outside rein and do it proper-like. heck yeah! i'm gonna give it a try thursday! thanks for setting me straight! [Duh] cool. i get it now. and i think that fleck is already improving with his haunches, the stronger he gets. awww, i didn't realize razz wasn't something fancy schmancy.. guess he's got that TB in him like fleck to make him a bit fancier looking. course he's much fancier looking than fleck. fleck standing there looks a bit like .....well, a giraffe! hee hee. but when he gets going, he can outfancy the best of them! wow...too bad we're so far apart..if you were willing to drop down and i could step it up, we'd have a really cool paux de deuc going on. yay! that's soooo great about your rides! you have been working your butt off and it shows! awesome. i can't wait to see video! may i please!? whoo hoo. you go girl! awesome awesome. now you just gotta find a show to show it all off at!

so.... today was just the prettiest day ever! it was gorgeous out! 78 or so degrees, no humidity that is typical here, but not yet so whoo hoo. blue skies, few clouds, green grass. it was gorgeous. perfect for a trail ride, so trail ride we did! we mostly just walked and trotted. wee bit of cantering. hanging out and talking with friends. but of course...we couldn't resist the gallop track. and wow!!! fleck turned into a racehorse! seriously... he was going the fastest he's ever gone! flying!!! it was actually a bit scary cause i know how clutzy he is. but we eventually got him pulled up and continued on our trail! oh and ...jumped a water puddle like a ditch and it was no sweat! whoo hoo. anyways, here's a pic or two to share my beautiful day with everyone! sorry! oh, and thanks to dayquil i'm feeling a bit better....love those dayquil/nightquil weeks.

oh, and shelly.. i have the phone number to make an appt tomorrow!

-

-

-

sorry! i had to put all three!

holly

Not much new here, the parents got back late last night, so it's pretty much back to normal...no more crazy parties with my cat and Black Beauty...Vegas's first lesson back with my H/J trainer is on Thursday, and she is not in shape for a full lesson like we would normally have, but I know Tracy will take it easy on her.

I am calling my vet today to see if we should do one more soundness exam on her. She has not been lame since I started riding her again, but it would sure make me feel better if I had Dr. Gerros say that she was 100% again.

McKenzie: Haha, yeah...I used to ride pleasure and reining a lot. Heck, Vegas used to be a pleasure horse! Then we tried to get her to do reining...It didn't work out so well, so we switched to eventing, and now we're happy!!! But yeah, riding a trained wp horse is quite different. When I go back and do it now, it's like 'how did I ever do this?!' Reiners are a lot different too...they tend to be really high energy, but controllable for the most part. Anyway, good luck with the moving and saddles and ponies and such.

Lauren: Pooey Sticks. Hope he feels better

soon [Huggy]

DQ: Yes, it was just such a tragic situation all around. It was good to see that he had such caring people all around him though.

TracyA: Yay working student!!! Better late than never! I worked off my lessons/board/feed for a long time too, so hey whatev.

Shelly: Hee Hee Razz is such a cutie, and yeah he def. looks more like the TB type. Vegas is APHA on the top (sire was half qh, reg. apha) and just pinto on the bottom...her dam was registered as a stock type, and apparently all her lines are very 'type-ey' for the QH/APHA, but lil miss Vegas came out looking like a TB/ASB cross. The TB can be explained by her sire's lines, but where the saddlebred head, neck, and gaits come from is anyone's guess...but she turned out all right...

my little saddlebred!! (this was and adventure we had during high school equestrian)

-

Okay, so I started this reply this morning and just finished it...went shopping and bought absolutely nothing, deposited a check for a horse I sold in January, got home and rode in very nice weather in the vineyard and had a great ride schooling cross country minus the fences...I called my vet and she said we shouldn't have to do a soundness exam unless she really starts having problems.

Other good thing, no headache today! I have had a rather severe headache in the same spot in my head pretty much everyday for about three weeks, sometimes it escalates to migraine status...but not today!

Bad news, my knees are going to separate themselves from my body at any time now - I have terrible knee Q-angle conformation, a series of three injuries last year, and chondromalacia in both knees. So as I am sitting they are pretty much on fire, so not really sure what I am going to do about that...

Well, good night all and enjoy the good weather (going out on a limb here and saying that if it's sunny in Oregon, it must be pretty nice all around the country...) have fun with the ponies!

Geez guys between work and school and everything else, I get lost for a few days. Love the pics though everyone!

So the dentist was supposed to be here at 1030 this morning. He just called and said he was going to have to cancel again. UGH. I know its difficult to try to get his schedule worked around my only day that I have off but still. Luckily Im off M-W next week and he should be able to get here then. He is coming up from Tampa, so a 3+ hour drive. Oh well.

Vet will be here around noon to start Layla on her antibiotics for her infection in her SHE area. Hopefully this goes well and in 3 rounds it will be gone.

My step dad put up all the fence insulators and the gates in the field. It actually looks really good. And now that we have a fence going down the middle of the field long ways, it actually makes the whole area look bigger. Go figure. Im still getting used to seeing it all chopped up and dirt and what not, but I know it will grow eventually. Ahhh. Just hard to wait.

Kitty is doing well. The first day she wouldnt leave the hay stall. The next day, shed go just in front of the hay stall. After that, shed go into Laylas stall (which is next to the hay stall) and every day shed go a little further down the aisle. Two days ago she was walking under Layla as I was grooming her. Then yesterday shes running around outside the aisle in the dirt and what not. So shes def settling in and getting more confident.

Speaking of - HOLLLLLLLLLLY!

Do you think a young kitten, not over 8 weeks old, would prefer to have another kitten of the same age to play with and grow up with, or should we just leave her by herself? I feel bad for her as she cries when shes alone and plays by herself, but I dont want to put my human emotions on her if she would really prefer to be alone. Mom wants to get another one from Animal Control. Im not sure.

And Florida is on fire now. The GA fires have crossed FL lines. The county above us is getting evacuated. Then Starke, which is the city where Randy lived and all his family is, is on fire too. Theres like 20000 acres on fire and the fires are on either side of the city and closing in. The one part of the fire is in the woods right behind Randys dads house. So yeh. Not fun. There hasnt been any smoke but this morning I woke up and there it is. And how about near Sarasota down south was on fire yesterday too. They had to close down I-75. It showed people running to pack up and evac their houses. It was so sad. And you know what caused that fire?!? A person threw their cigerette out of the window on the highway and it got into the median and started the fire. WTG idiot.

Oh. Tomorrow Randy and I are leaving for Orlando. We are going down to go to Seaworld and then hit up International drive, Margaritaville, and Citywalk. Should be fun. I need a break.

Hope everyone has a good day.

OWIE! Yesterday evening I had a young Arab/Paint cross mare JUMP on my foot when the silly thing heard water running through the hose. ***sigh*** Stupid baby! OK. OK. She's not quite three and weighs all of 900lbs. But really. She's been on the farm for two months and still hasn't figured out that she can work past the gates in the indoor arena without spooking at the GATE! But she's calmer with a rider than without and didn't bat an eye the first time she was saddled and girthed up. [Confused] Fortunately, Twista is going home this weekend. Frankly, she needs to spend some time in a pasture with a bunch of older horses to give her a chance to grow up. Right now, I'd be afraid to try and ride her. She is so very unpredictable. This filly will flip if she panics, but it also smart and sensitive.

On the fun side, I got to ride Sam yesterday. Who's Sam? The trainer's 4yo Clydesdale stud. [smile] He's a big boy, and *usually* a sweetheart. It looks like he'll be bred once in the near future, then cut. As nice as he is, the big guy's life will be much more normal once he's an "it". Right now, the only places to turn him out are the indoor arena where he redecorates the stored hay or the small round pen that gets soupy when it rains. Once he's cut and can go out in company, he can go out in some nice big pasture with a few other largish young geldings. On the one hand, Sam might be a candidate to stay intact. On the other, the farm where we board is really not set up for stallions. So we'll see. Fortunately, Sam is easily distracted by food. So if he pays too much attention to the mares, all you have to do is throw him a flake of hay!

There's not too much to report from here. My last final is tomorrow, so I am finishing my outline. We can take the outline into the exam, so refining the outline is a GOOD idea. [smile]

Tracy

Ahh! Just dropping in to let everyone know that I AM alive and I fail at Chit-Chat Thread. Haha! I'll do an actual update later if I have time, but I figured since I had a few extra minutes before leaving for school that I should let you all know I DO live!

vegas: yay for no headache... i've had those weeks. argh... but that sucks about your knees. hmmm, no helpful ideas from me other than a nice warm bubble bath? or jacuzzi!? oooh, galloping in the vineyards! sounds fun.

shantel: hmmm. i think kitty would like a friend! kittens are always more fun in pairs too! and....there are always tons of adorable kittens at the shelters needing homes. i say yes! she'll be fine if you don't, but i bet she'd have more fun with another little critter! and we'll need pics! does kitty have a name yet? argh..teeth woes! jeepers. i didn't think it would be that hard to get a dentist. does she need a super dentist? cause my vets just do fleck's teeth and they do a good job. they've got the power tools which is nice, assuming they know how to use them! which they do [smile] awww man. that sucks! fires....what a loser to throw the cig out the window. i would be soooooo pissed off! seriously, if i had to lose my house cause some idiot.... argh.. hope randy's family and everyone else is okay.

tracy; hope your foot's okay. still 900lbs is 900lbs! twista, that's a cute name. and yeah.. i'm all for letting babies be babies. sam sounds fun! hee hee. flack of hay and he ignores the girls. he e hee. that's awesome. maybe they should keep him a stud. though i wonder if he'll still be so easily distracted once he's done it once already. [Wink] good luck with that last final. then you're done!!!!! for now anyways [smile]

emily: yah...you're alive!

so.....pony gets the day off today as i have to work and errands to run. ACKKK, it just dawned on me that next week is the fence show and then in two short weeks after that (or maybe it's three) is championships! and i still need to go school there again, get another XC lesson, get some more dressage work... ackkkkk!

oh man... i also really need new tires...and of course this is after mike tells me that i need to not spend any more money!! the flat needs to be fixed for sure, but there are some pretty bad cracks from weather wear in the other tires. and so mike says, well, then you can just not show...but i've already paid my entry. argh.. so i'm gonna price them today. i know they aren't gonna be cheap, if they're gonna be safe, but.. maybe i can find a decent deal and convince him [smile]

anyways, off to run errands before work. got my lesson tomorrow (jumping) so maybe i'll have more video [smile]

holly

Lauren - WHAT?? Oh nooo....hang in there and keep us updated [Huggy] and [Angel]

Tracy - Congrats! I bet you'll be glad when they are finished!! I think you'll have a fun time with the WS position, plus you'll get more lessons, learn more and improve even faster [smile] . And OUCH! Getting stepped on is not fun by any means.

Holly - Thanks! It was lots of fun. Ali had no issues loading, so who knows, lol. Sorry to hear you were sick, that's no fun. And very cute Fleck pictures!!

Shelly - [ROTFL] that's what I'm doing too!! There was no specification you could make on the entry, and it's a recognized show too. Who knows!! All I know is that it's a group class divided by age, so maybe it's not even divided by levels? Yeah, I'm clueless [Wink] . Teddy's bridle is actually full sized. I think I am going to order a nice bling browband like you mentioned. The fit of the bridle itself is fine, just the browband is a bit tight. It is SUCH a good feeling when things fall into place and you are able to maintain THAT feeling, you know? So glad you guys are doing great!

Megan - Thanks! Cute pic BT [big Grin]

Shantel - Scary...I hope the fire doesn't cause you any more problems...and hope the dentist can come out soon, you've been waiting ages!! I know when my kitten's "sister" (they were not related but we got them from the Animal Shelter at the same time) died, he was DEVASTATED and so lonely. We got another kitten and they get along wonderfully, it just took a few days of adjusting. I have a feeling your kitty would really like a playmate, I know mine did!

This was a bit brief, but I leave for school in 35 minutes and I'm not ready...not dressed...haven't done the hair...so need to get off. I have another BIG change horse related, so I will attempt to post about that later today!

Everyone have a great day [smiley Wavey]

Well, its final. We are getting another kitten. I told Randy to check out vets and shelters in Starke when he was out there returning the discs we borrowed. One "shelter" had 4 "families" to adopt out. So he picked a little girl and is bringing her home. Sad thing is, they said they only keep any new animals for 14 days, and if they dont get adopted, they put them down. And they dont use a shot, they have a large gas chamber!! OMG.. to win the lottery and adpot these poor animals. [Frown] At least we are saving one.

Kitty does not have an official name yet. Randys been calling her Itty Bitty but she wont be forever. So since we are getting another female, we were thinking of like Thelma and Louise or something like that.

Vet came today to talk about Laylas breeding culture,etc. She had originally gotten back results that showed a strep-something-is and 2 other pathogens. Two of three didnt look good and she said she might not be a good canidate to breed. Then she got the final results back and they broke down the pathogens even more and they came back with 3 still, but the 2 ones that she said didnt look good turned out to be something else. So they really arent that big of a problem but she said its weird to have those in a maiden who was sewn up as well. She said she had another client who had a similar situation with his mare and her gut feeling was to reculture before treating with anitbiotics and make sure she had those infections. The second culture came back clean. So she said her gut says to reculture, so we did. And Layla was SO good. She didnt even have to be sedated. She just stood there while she did her thing and was so good! [smile] So I was very happy and am PRAYING that this works out.

My vet also has the shots that you give your cats for vaccines, including the rabies, so shes going to do our cats for us. She didnt have the shots on her but she will bring them next time. She did have some 8wk and up Kitten Advantage flea killer so I did get that for the kitty.

So keep your fingers crossed that this culture comes back clean!!

Tracy, Sam sounds like a very cool horse! [Cool] We needs pics!

Yes, everyone, fires SUCK. The only good thing is right now its raining, and has been of fand on for a few hours. Good for the fires AND my grass seed. I need to take some pics of the field.. maybe when the new kitty gets here? OMG.. my step dad is going to FLIP OUT. Mwha. [Roll Eyes]

Oooo I need to catch up! I have more pony pictures(at a show) if anyone wants a look [big Grin]

McKenzie- haha I know Scotch is the same way with the browband. He needs a horse size one. For the Dressage Eq. I believe it really depends on how many are in your division. My classes were divided up. 2nd level had their own class and so forth and so on. I would assume that Training and maybe first would be together..and 2nd and up would be bunched together. I'm sure you'll do great as you have such lovely EQ anyways. They look at how effective and still able to maintain the classical position. Watch your hands, straight lines, firm core..etc. All your basics that are really needed...plus some especially since you are now in a more upper level. Ooo you lucky girl! Hope you had a great ride on that SWB! When I did Eq at 2nd level they make the class do your 2nd level movements. Travers, renvers, medium in (C/T) simple changes, turn on the haunches, etc etc. Though I will tell you this..when the judge is stuck between who to pin 1st and 2nd...they will make you do crazy stuff! That happened to me last summer on Jade. Jade had a very elastic, airy trot that really taught you how to SIT. But after doing collected trot and medium trot for 1/2-45mins is a killer on her. And they even asked for some movements that i've only started just practicing...but it depends on the judge. That was when Courtney King was my Dressage Eq. judge.

TracyA- that's great you are doing a WS position. You'll have a blast!

Holly- Thanks, I guess I have to call the vet out again! AWH those are great pics of Fleck!! What a nice day! Oh no I hope you are feeling a ton better, but glad you had a great weekend! I have to comment on the Shoulder In w/ outside leg. I was taught the way Shelly was explaining it, but I do have to say that I've ridden w/ this one very well known Olympic event rider (I won't mention a name) that informed me I was doing SI the wrong way. That I was supposed to have my outside leg forward to move the shoulders off the track....yeh I was like WHAAA? So I did it her way for that lesson then reversed back to the way I was properly taught. But I think some event riders are taught to do SI w/ the outside leg forward...no idea why...but that could be a conception?

Shelly- If they are bunching you together i doubt they will ask for 2nd level movements. Though you think it would put some people at a disadvantage, but I believe they will do the basics. Read my McKenzie post. hehe Raz is very smart! ooo 9's! At Recognized or schooling or both?! Yup that's how it is for me too! I'm like omg it's 10! oh man. Hmm no difference w/ an eggbar...I guess I will have to talk to Justin again. Yes footing down state is quite nice. You have that sandy-like turf. That's great you had such an awesome lesson! And omg I hate that canter serpentine. haha isn't that the way it goes w/ your trainer coaching you through the entire movement and you're like OHHH that's what it's supposed to feel like. No 2nd level test is going to be perfect. Everything will fall into place as you continue forth. You have worked very hard and now are READY to rock and roll at 2nd! Yeh lady!

Vegas Sky- It does! Cute pic of your paint! hehe. Oh no seperating of the knees! That is not good! Hope that your mare keeps going well for you! Can't wait to hear how your jumping lesson goes!

Shantel- Another kitty!!! Hope the breeding process pulls through for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Here's just a taste of some of the showing pics. I have quite a few more! Will post on another thread if anyone wants to see them

-

[ 05-09-2007, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: 3DayEventer ]

I was just checking in - no real time to catch up. I've been home sick today with my (expected) once a month migraine. Really wiped me out this month due to some stress from some unrelated issues, so hence, the migraine was WAY over inflated. *sigh* I really shouldn't do this sort of thing to myself. I have to be more careful about my stress level when I get close to my "migraine week". Sometimes life intervenes though, and events spiral out of control, and I find myself in bed with a killer migraine. SOOOOOO glad this really doesn't happen hardly ever any more though. Forgot how crappy this was. I was really getting used to just the light easy not too bad migraines that I have been getting once a month since going on the Topamax.

At any rate, just wanted to say, OMG!!! Lauren, what a PHENOMENAL picture of you and Scotch!!!! The two of you look fabulous together. Great, frame worthy picture. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!! Stop teasing and give us some more, girl!!!

Okay, bad news for the night . . . my Ann Guptill clinic on the 27th was cancelled. Not enough entries. ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! [bang Head][Mad][surrender] Why, why, why can't the rest of this flippin' community get their darn butts in gear and get ready for the show/clinic season???? Why do *I* seem to be the ONLY person ready this year?? Why am *I* now suffering and having everything cancelled on me because everyone else slacked off this winter/spring??? I am really steaming over this. Though I am going to see if there is any way to get Ann to come to my barn instead of the barn she was planning to go to. I'm 99% positive that I can fill a clinic at my barn; however, since we have a Barend clinic at the barn the week before, I think I would be violating barn rules about the number of clinics allowed in the barn per month or something like that, so I have to talk to Julie tomorrow to see if that is even possible. *sigh* This is what I get for finally getting my butt in gear and being READY for show/clinic season I suppose. I feel like I am being punished.

Okay, I'm taking my drugged butt back to bed. Night all!!!!

~Shelly~

One of the horses from the barn where I board Fessor is prepping for colic surgery. Please keep Connor and his owner in your prayers. They will know about twenty minutes into surgery if Connor will have a decent prognosis or if they will have to put him down. Twisted intestine, multiple loops... This evening was the scariest horse episode I have ever experienced. He went from looking ok to trying to go down to buckling and trying to collapse so very quickly... We don't know what caused the colic, but the poor horse was going downhill before our eyes. I was one of the walkers trying to keep him up and moving until the vet came. Then once the vet arrived, we unloaded the bags of sawdust from the trailer. As soon as the trailer was unloaded, the horse got a sedative in addition to the painkillers he'd already been given. Then it was off to the clinic. I feel badly about not going to the clinic, but there's really nothing I can do and my last final is tomorrow morning. I asked the trainer to call if she knows anything for sure before 10:00 this evening. I'll probably take a Xanex before trying to sleep tonight... I've never seen a colic so severe that it took two people to try and keep the horse up and moving. And he went from first signs to deathly ill in less than half an hour. Scary, scary stuff!

Tracy

Tracy, how scary. Connor is in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I hope the vets are able to save him. Colic is such a frightening, quick illness. I know you feel guilty about not going to the clinic, but there is nothing you could have done for Connor at the clinic, and you really NEED to study for your last exam, and get a good night's rest, or you won't do well. Take the Xanax, and sleep. Try to put it out of your mind if you can, and concentrate on your test. We are all pulling for Connor. Keep us posted.

~Shelly~

Spot, I to fail at chitchat thread. I have been swamped and a lot on my plate lately. I have read everyone's posts though and will try and post on what I remember!

Lauren, awesome picture of you and Scotch. He is stunning.

Krazy, the new kitten sounds like so much fun.

Luv, the new barn will work out, even though the small arena can seem annoying.

Smithereens, sorry about the clinic. I'm with you, why can't everyone get their butts in gear. Then there's me, butt in gear, entered 4 shows these past 2 months and had to scratch them all. I should have went to San Antonio back in March. Oh well. There has to be a reason, eh?

Ok, so, the show from last weekend is not likely to refund me any of my $$, so I am not going to their show in June. Why on God's green earth would I send them any more $$! So I am doing a schooling show in June and hopefully another rated show elsewhere in July. We'll see how that goes.

Other than that, just very busy trying to wrap up this school year. 14 more days for me, then I'm off all summer!! Woohoo!!

Thanks, Shelly. I keep telling myself that the one thing I *could* do, I did. I helped keep Connor up and moving until the vet arrived. By the time the vet arrived, we had a person on each side encouraging Connor to keep moving, and one of us was armed with a whip. Bless his heart, Connor kept trying. A couple times I was sure he was going down, and he found a way to keep walking. I've never seen a horse buckle from the back end before, and I hope never to see it again!

Tracy

[ 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: TracyA ]

TracyA: OMG!! That is so scary! I just found out today that my old trainer's stud dies of colic last night. He was older, and had a bit of a hard life, but he just couldn't pull through. Best wishes and prayers for Connor and everyone involved.

Shantel: Ick, fires! Scary. Have fun with the kitties, double trouble!

Holly: Chalk one up for another no headache day! Yeah I have had those weeks too, but this has been more like a month, so it pretty much blows. The knees too. Ice and aleve are my friends. Hee hee I LOOOVVVEEE galloping in the vineyard, and so does Vegas. I have to pull her up before she kills herself, she won't stop on her own. I totally know what you mean about the show season...my first things are coming up soon, but that means the end of school too [big Grin]

Lauren: Thanks, she is a cutie! Good picture of you and Scotch Boy too, you look really good! Yeah the knees suck, but there's not much to do about it now except surgery, and I'm not doing that right now, so naproxen it is...I am so excited for my lesson tomorrow, but nervous too, I hope it goes well!

Shelly: The clinic was cancelled because you are supposed to be partying with me on my 19th bday!!!! [ROTFL] Oh well, just remember that you are ready, so you will win all the ribbons! Hopefully you can reschedule though and get some more people on board!

Boocoo: Grrrr, I still have another month or so of school! hmm, some shows are just dumb! For sure find another one!

Hmm, let's see here...the last mare at school foaled last night. A little chestnut colt with four white socks. He is out of a dutch wb mare by some hanoverian or oldenburg - I think he is pretty well known, his name is Pizazz or Pizzazio or Pistachio or something like that...but he is a very nice looking baby.

Today was supposed to be Vegas's day off, so I thought we would just school water - going in and out. We have a seasonal pond in the pasture that fills in the fall and drains in the spring. Basically it is just a really big hole in the ground that mirrors the water table, which is pretty high most of the year, so the pond is like seven feet deep. But we have about one week twice a year where we can get in there to de-scary water.

WE DID IT!!!

-

DON"T DRINK THE WATER!!!!

-

GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!

-

Sorry I had to put them all up [Wink]

Rest in Peace, Connor. I just found out that when the vets opened Connor up for surgery, they found that the small intestine had penetrated the abdominal lining and was twisted among his ribs. The owner made the difficult choice to put him down rather than continue with the surgery. It's for the best considering how bleak and painful a prognosis that left. [Me Cry] It just happened so very fast...

Tracy

Tracy, sorry to hear about Connor. That is very sad news.

Vegas, love those pictures. Your horse is gorgeous!

That's it for me. just been going out to the barn in the afternoons and grooming Beau, making him do his stretches and walking him around and then back out he goes. He is probably loving this life. I seems like he is feeling really good, but I am still not supposed to ride him till at least tomorrow, but I think I am going to give him a bit longer than that. No hurry at this point.

A week from Saturday I am going to audit the Debbie McDonald clinic. I am looking forward to that. Anyone else ever audit or ride with her?

Okay, I so don't have the time, or the paitence, to read everyones posts and catch up. But I'll do this one:

Boocoo - I fail more than you do, bvecause I don't even read everyone's posts. [Razz]

Okay, now for my update. State went well, we would've gotten 4th if we were a competitive team (I'm sorry if I've alreayd posted this part, I don't remember much from the last week). Our Senior and intermediate teams both won, and our senior team is going to Nationals, so that means I actually have a chance at the competitive team next year. Ah, well, we'll see.

The ponies have been AMAZING! I love them, they're amazing, Lipton's being so good! Gabe is getting ginormous...STILL! We leave for Devonwood tomorow, I'll probably wind up cutting my new freestyle music in the car. I need new music because the old stuff is too slow. [Frown] I have a general idea... but I don't necessairly have the music... I may be spending a bit of money on iTunes tonight, hah!

I'll try to keep up over the weekend, but no gaurentees. [Question] We'll deffinately have some pictures from this weekend.... well... most probably, I guess I shouldn't say deffinately. [Razz]

Have good weekends everyone!

Shantel - So glad to hear you rescued another kitten! I am sure your other one will appreciate the company, and since they are so dang cute of course you'll have fun with them too [big Grin] . Crossing my fingers everything goes well with the breeding situation!!

Lauren - lol yeah, I may get a 16" browband, as I *think* it's a bit bigger than my current one. I'll have to take it off and measure it. Goofy ponies. And thank you for the info and tips on the Dressage Eq. class, I really appreciate it!! When you entered it at shows, was there a specification you could make as to what level you wanted to compete at, or did the show manager/secretary put you into a level based on the other classes you were showing?? When I sent in my entry, you could only choose the age division you wanted to enter for the Eq. class. I'll have to call/email and ask, but just curious as to how it was ran when you entered it. I LOVE the picture you posted too, and saw your Show pics post as well...you guys look awesome!!

Shelly - Speaking of FRUSTRATING!! It seems like everyone is having bad luck with cancelled shows and horse related activities...why can't people prepare and sign up for stuff? Hope your migraine gets better *soon*!!

Tracy - Oh, Tracy, I am so sorry to hear that...colic is very scary and can happen really fast. I lost my first horse to colic (after only 6 wks. of ownership, too), it is very hard to go through. [Huggy] and [Angel] for you, Connor, Connor's owners and the whole barn.

Boocoo - Thanks! It's actually helping in some ways, because you learn to ride around people and still acheive the movement or figure you were aiming for, and it's good for Teddy too, because there is always a lot of people in the warm up ring at the rec. shows. Again, speaking of frustrating...it's hard having money go down the drain like that, and no kidding, I wouldn't sign up for the other show either if they were not willing to give you even a partial refund!!

Megan - Awww, cute Vegas pics! And you do have quite the pond there!! [Razz]

Emily - We most definitely need pictures [big Grin] . That's super the ponays are going so well for you!

Now for my major update...

I am moving AGAIN! And back to my old trainers. Sort of odd timing, I know, I've only been at the new barn for about 9 days now. However, I am going to help my old trainer with her barn, be able to ride her horses (which will be an awesome learning experience...she has two competitve show horses, a Hungarian WB and a Swedish WB, the one I recently rode. The Hungarian is at 4th Level and the other at 3rd), and keep Teddy there, so I will continue riding/showing/leasing him, and also continue riding Nugget. It was going to be very hard to do from the new stable, because they are like 25 minutes away, and that's a lot of driving for my parents if I were to ride Nugget 2-3x a week. Nugget's owner may have some other horses and ponies to ride, and she's only 5-8 minutes away from Patty, my "old" trainer (soon to be current again!). Sooooo, thats my news. The new barn owner/my trainer was very gracious and kind about the news, and congratulated me in regards to this new opportunity. She is a very nice woman and breat business person too. I never like to burn bridges!! Teddy's owner was also very nice about moving back rather quickly, so I was glad everyone was calm and collected about the whole thing. In about a month I'll be back at Patty's!

Going to go do more homework, read, shower, etc.

Have a good night everyone!

[smiley Wavey]

Boocoo: DEBBIE MCDONALD?!?!?!?!?! Umm, like, I would DIE to even just see her ride!!!! I have never met her, but from everything I have seen of her on RFDTV, she is flipping amazing, plus she went to the Olypics...you can't get much better than that! Thanks, Vegas is a pretty girl, and she definitely knows that!

Emily: *drool* Devonwood...I was going to go to their show in July, but it didn't fit into my schedule...maybe next year when I am home for the summer.

McKenzie: That is so exciting that you get to go back to your old trainer's! And it's very good that everyone was very understanding. Haha, yeah, when I say a big hole in the ground, really I mean the crater left after the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs...the pictures show that the banks were above our heads, and that is the shallow end!

Our lesson went pretty well, she was a little balky at the jumps, but hey the only thing we've done in six weeks is a little cross rail. Tacy was very understanding and helped me help her work through her problem with an understanding but firm manner. She was much better about the jumps at the end, but the whole time she was very quick and tense, and didn't really want to get a good rhythm or flexion at all.

I am considering dumping my dressage instructor and going to two times a week with Tracy, but I haven't decided yet...for those of you who want the full story of why I am considering this, there will be a new post onn it.

I have *another* chemistry test tomorrow...but I studied for this one! I actually feel really confident about balancing equations, and I'm also really confident that tomorrow God is going to smite me for my arrogance at test time...

[ 05-11-2007, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Vegas Sky ]

Holly - Aww Fleck pics! That picture with the grass in his mouth is adorable.

Megan - Vegas is such a pretty girl. Even when she's swimming in a large body of water. Good luck on that chemistry test!

Tracy - Poor Connor, [Huggy] to everyone that knew and loved him.

McKenzie - Wow, you're certainly touring the countryside, hehe. It's good that everyone is so understanding, it sounds like a great opportunity.

Emily - Yay! for good ponies. Pictures, pictures, pictures.......and Gabe ones too [big Grin]

Shelly - Hope you're feeling better soon and the rest of those slow pokes get their butts in gear for the show season.

Lauren - sigh. Look at that picture [Not Worthy]

Shantel - Yay more kitties! [Frown] I know how you feel, although I don't think they use gas chambers here, to be able to save them all.

Hmm so I am officially not so sick. Touch wood. It's incredibly hard to ride when you can't actually breathe right. Just in case you were wondering [Wink] . Lightning was very forgiving to the fact that my brain wasn't functioning and just did his thing until I got my act together. He got a new rug the other day. I rang the day before to check if they had it in his size so I wouldn't drive the 45 mins to go get it if it wasn't there. Yes they had one. Drove up the next day and what do you know, no they don't. Grrr. Ordered it from another store and had to go back a week later and pick it up. Fits like a glove so it was worth it, and he looks mighty cute in it, if I do say so myself. On the bright side, I now have 20 rewards points, you get a point for every $50 or something you spend and when you reach a certain number you get a gift certificate. So now I have $25 to spend on something. [Crazy]

You know, the more I hang around HC the more I want to try western (for fun, not anything serious). I've never so much as sat in a western saddle, but nobody I know rides western.

I have a lesson tomorrow and I'm going out tonight to see a movie. Until then I'm sitting here researching potato moths. Yay [Roll Eyes] and erm seems there isn't anything about potato moths on HC.....

Sigh, I lead such an exciting life......

[smiley Wavey]

shantel: yay on another kitten! can't wait for pics. and i THINK they just passed a law outlawing gas chambers...but maybe it was only in georgia or something....i LOVE thelma and louise...what great names! oooh, hope it goes well with layla. what a good mare just standing for her stuff.

lauren: hee hee. yeah... so i asked my trainer in my lesson and she said NO...don't put your leg forward unless you absolutetly have too, so... don't know where i picked that up. but... i ran out of time so we did jumping. so on monday i'll have to try to retrain myself. argh...

shelly: argh... i've had more migraines this month than all year! hope yours feels better soon. i'm actually calling as soon as i get off here to make an appointment. ugh.. are yours related to that time of the month? mine were, so i just started doing the shots... no more period, no more horrid week of migraines! it's awesome! course i still get them, but atleast i don't have that bad week long variety. oh no!!! how frustrating. jeez. maybe you and julie just need to take a trip down south to ga and GIVE a clinic... i bet i could fill it [smile][Wink]

tracy: i'm sooo sorry about connor. poor pony. hope you were able to concentrate and your last final went well though.

boocoo: whooo hooo for summer vacation. how fun! and yeah... i wouldn't go to another show if i didn't get to put my money towards it. that's a shame. but..sounds like you have a few other things coming up, so... excellent! how's beau feeling? oooh, debbie mcdonald...let me know what you think!

megan: hee hee. last night i took 400 mg ibuprofen, then about an hour later 1 tablet of tension headache excedrin (no aspirin, so maybe it'll be easier on my stomach) and still had a migraine. so at 9:30 i slugged the nightquil and tried to go to bed. ugh....oooh, when's your birthday! happy early birthday!!! 19 is such a fun age! yay for scary water pics! go girls! hee hee. good luck on your test! hee hee. SMITE ME YOUR HOLY SMITEYNESS! or something like that! did you ever see bruce almighty? i love that movie.

emily: GOOD LUCK this weekend. can't wait for pics! yahooey!

mckenzie: crazyness! but that sounds like a good opportunity. how come she didn't think of that before you moved?? hee hee. what about alibi? she's yours too right?! (sorry, my brain's a little off from last night). is she still gonna stay at the new barn owners' place?

lightning: POTATO MOTHS?????? what!? wow...really exciting stuff you got going on [smile] hee hee. that's funny. glad you are feeling better. me too. well, sorta. and yeah, i hear you on breathing and riding. kinda vital! glad your rug fits snug! any pics?

so..... i had a lesson yesterday. And listen to this!!! i totally got freaked out. so... i'm on my way to my lesson, and i've got on my breeches, and a tank top. cause... it's 85 degrees and i'm riding. so heck yeah, i'm gonna wear a tank top. so anyways, i had to stop and get gas, so i pull into the gas station and hit the last pump as it's the only one i can fit in. well, there is a guy next to me and the rest are empty. so i start pumping and i realize a black truck has rolled up and is stopped in front of me. i think wierd...there is like 5 other open pumps.. i don't think mine was like the only diesel one or something. so i continue on my way. i clean my windshield, then i look back over. The guy in the black truck appears to be taking a picture of me!!! it really freaked me out, so i didn't know what to do. i just got back in my car and hid til the gas was done. So then i left and the freak pulls out...never gets gas, never does anything! just pulls out and goes on his way! so it totally freaked me out. and maybe... he wasn't taking a pic of me, or the truck or something.. who know's. but it was a little scary. and i was so wierded out i didn't know whether to say anything to him, didn't think to get his license plate number, though i'm not sure that i would have done anything with that either..... just wierd. so anyways, i continue on to my lesson. got there a little later than i wanted and then started chatting so my plan of doing dressage first went out the window. but... my trainer is awesome so she had us do dressage first anyways! got some really nice connection and hock action going on. really worked that booty of his. it was great! so then we started jumping. she noticed that fleck has a tendency to get distracted between jumps. and not pay attention, etc. so we worked on that. and by the end! WOW! he was listening to me, which made our lines better, we were able to change our leads instead of continueing on in the cross-canter, we had better jumps.. he was picking his knees up, and i was able to have a much better position. i was so proud of my release cause i have changed it and was doing well, but then i noticed i was pinching with my knees. argh. but..alteast it was much better all around.

and.. i've decided that i have a new game plan for shows. instead of stopping and watching the rider before me and then trying to get him back in working mode for dressage, i'm going to take a short break, then ride him for the rider or two before me and then go straight in. and then for jumping... i usually say oh, i don't need too much warm up time! which is wrong! cause... i actually need to do dressage and get him listening, and then start jumping. so.. i've got a new game plan, which will hopefully help us out [smile]

then i had a migraine afterwards! i just don't know. i ate well, i had slept pretty well. i drank before my lesson and after my lesson, so it wasn't dehydration...well...maybe it still was. argh. so anyways, off now to call the doctor!

and to work...i might not get back til monday!