Sign in to follow this  
smithereens_86

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 15!!

Sorry I only have time for this before the test...

Holly: [ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL] OMG!!!!! I LOVE That movie!!!!! You had me laughing my head off!! I don't know if I'll be able to take the test seriously now...see?! I've already been smitten!

Holly, trust your insticts! Wierd things happen...

Today has been going better than yesterday afternoon. This morning I got a call asking if I wanted to come down and help breed Sam. Oh, YES I DO! H. called Sam's prior owner and asked about when they had pasture bred him. The information was that he only has a couple mounts in him, so you need two people holding him back until he's "good and ready." So H. was on one side, I was on the other, and each of us had a lunge line with a stud chain. Then it was a matter of convincing all 2000 lbs of Sam to wait until he was erect before mounting. Ms. Mare was raging in heat and cooperative. Sam managed to find the right hole, and was fairly gentle about it. We'll repeat the process tomorrow and maybe Sunday, then hopefully Peeker (mare) will have a baby on the way. Mama is a 16.2 Hh black anglo arab, Sam is a 17.2Hh and probably still growing Clydesdale. I cannot WAIT to see the baby. The best of all? After a couple minutes to settle down Sam was nice and easy to handle. He *tried* to breed yesterday morning, then worked under saddle in the afternoon. I wish there was a way to keep him intact... If I can find a link to one of his earlier babies (prior owner), I will post the link.

http://www.equine.com/Horses/ad_details.as...0b-a725ad8295d3

edited to add: Here's a link to one of Sam's babies, Mr. Three Socks (now a yearling). I *wish* they had his weanling picture up too. He looked like a very nicely balanced weanling. It's scary how much like daddy this youngster looks...

Tracy

[ 05-11-2007, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: TracyA ]

Megan - lol, it IS a crater!! It will be hard to move in some ways, because my two very good friends are not moving back, and we've always been at the same barn (which has been just one!). The situation my "old" trainer, Patty, is getting into isn't really boarding, she is sort of done with that, so it's not an option really for them to move back either. However, this will be a great opportunity for me, and I know it's the right thing, just that piece will be odd! I saw your trainer post but didn't respond...I think you should stick with Tracy only, personally, and ride wit other clincians on maybe a more occasional basis (or more if money allows). Good luck on the chem test, you'll do great (*knock on wood*!).

LST - Thanks [smile] . Glad you are feeling better! What color is the new rug?? I wish my tack store did a rewards point thing, that'd be super! Hope the movie is fun.

Holly - No kidding! And I'm not exactly sure in response to your question [Razz] . Rather odd timing, huh?! Alibi is located where Nugget, the Stallion is - at his owner's home/stable. So she will be staying there, and its only about 5 minutes from Patty's (trainer). That is WEIRD about the guy taking the photo thing...I'd be freaked now too! I don't care what he was taking pictures of, that's just creepyyyyy. On a more positive note, glad you had a productive lesson!

Tracy - What a need opporunity/experience! Mr. Three Socks is a cutie [big Grin]

I rode both Nugget and Alibi today. The weather has been soooo nice so we got some good video footage weather-wise. Ali was pretty good considering she's had 1.5-2 months off, and not a lot of consistent work before then. I need to get our butts in gear, get her in shape and find her a good, loving home. Quite the task!! She is loving the new stable though and seems to have settled in nicely. ...which reminds me, anyone know of a good nutritious feed that does not contain sugar, or large amounts of sugar? I am looking into a feed for Ali that will give her proper nutritional value, without making her really hyper!.

Nugget was really good today. His canter is really coming along, and he's just SO balanced in all 3 gaits, it's amazing. He really is a wonderful little guy, he's got a temperment to die for, really nice conformation and good gaits to boot. We are taking him to a dressage schooling show next month and doing Intro A and B, and possibly a rated show in August.

Going to watch some TV now!

Happy Friday everyone [big Grin]

Guess What!!!...NO CHEM TEST TODAY!!! Why, you ask? Because the campus was on lockdown because of a 'suspicious' person...No objection from me! I went to the school barn and hung out there and got everything done and went home early! The whole situation was hilariously ridiculous, if you have time go here and watch the video clip at the top of the page.

http://www.koin.com/Global/story.asp?S=6504219&nav=menu494_2

The guy who says 'anybody in a trenchcoat this time of year needs to be searched!' is so retarded! It was flipping 45 degrees this morning, everyone was wearing coats!

Anyway, that was the most exciting part of my day. After I got home I went running (Yes, running!) and then I got ready for a high school equestrian awards banquet...I ahd to get all pretty and wear make-up and crap, but it wasn't that bad. So now I am heading off to bed soon for my lesson and trail riding with my friend for her bday tomorrow.

LST: Woo new blankets!! I love getting new blankets for the pony! A feed store in our area always has a big blanket sale in the summer, so I am excited.

Holly: Now that is my kind of cocktail! Atta girl! I bet you were feeling better. Ooh creepy about the picture...but I'm glad you had a good lesson!

Tracy: Helping with breeding is always fun! I have done it a few times with the stud who just died of colic too, and we are AI-ing several mares at school, we do a couple every week. It's a lot of fun, but I definielty prefer AI to live cover - it's a lot less scary!

McKenzie: For Sure! That is the first thing I said when we moved here about thirteen years ago! Good luck with moving back to the barn, it will all work out. Yeah I am going to stick with Tracy, I think that will be better in the end.

Okay, good night all!

[ 05-12-2007, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Vegas Sky ]

Vegas, now imagine unhooking one of the stud chains while standing just behind the mare (hugging her rump!) and at the stud's shoulder. Let me tell you, I was watching like a hawk ready to jump aside. But we had already blocked the big boy with one of the lines as he mounted, preventing penetration. So in I went to unhook the one line, Sam bless his heart listened to his person and waited until I got that line clear and stepped back, then bred Peeker.

I hope she takes. I'd love to get to watch one of his babies grow up. Peeker's people want to sell her next year, and would like to be able to advertise her as a proven broodmare. Sam's person wants one of his babies. So stud owner waives the stud fee and mare owner gives the baby over when it's old enough. [smile] Of course, as well as Sam's behaving, he may just end up keeping his jewels. It's a bit of a hassle handling a 2000 lb stud, but he's such a sweetheart. And SEXY! [big Grin]

Tracy

Luv, that's a great opportunity for you to move back to your old trainers. I am happy for you.

Some of the members from my local GMO were in Vegas and had Debbie McDonald sign their Debbie McDonald T-shirts that they had made for the upcoming clinic. They said they had a lot of fun meeting her. This should be a good clinic to audit. They have a rider from each level, starting with a GP rider. It's at a really nice facility with a trailer dealership, tack store, restaraunts, the works. So should be a fun day.

I longed Beau today, first time. Not for very long either. He was a lot more forward and wasn't counterflexing so bad to the right. He seems like he feels tons better. So I am going to keep longing him this week, every other day and then ride him next Sunday.

Well the show board may give me back some of my money, but I don't know how much yet. Refunds are mailed within 30 days of the show. So I decided I am not going to their June show. I will go do a schooling show and then in July I am going to a different rated show and again in Sept. Then if I do get any $$ back, I will consider one of their shows in the future. We'll just have to wait and see.

Two weeks left of school, but whose counting! [Wink]

Ahh! No time to check up on people! Just a quick show update, seeing as we're about to watch a movie on my laptop!

Ride 1 - Lipton, under Kari McClain (Haha, McKenzie, as her about the big chestnut with lots of chrome doing 1st-1. [Wink] ) We got a 63.333% and second place. Not bad for our first outing. He was a bit slow, and we had a few mistakes (Dumb rider error.. one was a bit of his though) Last night he was pretty sure that diagional meant one of two things. 1) Changes. 2) Extension. It was funny, but today, he so knew what his job was... He wasn't neccessairly AMUSED, but he knew what his job was. We ride 1st-4 tomorow, and we're gonna use spurs so we'll get the lateral, and he'll probably be a bit more forward.

Ride 2 - Training 4 on Inky. We got a 60%. We can safely say we had a mediocre ride... Litterlly... EVERY score was a 6. Nothing more. Nothing less. It was actually kinda funny. I expected something less, but whatever... not complaining!

Ride 3 - OMGAMAZINGFREESTYLE! (on Inky, of course). We got a 64.325% and second place with our FS... The highest score I've ever recieved on one! And we had a few mistakes! The judge LOVED our new music, and gave us a 7.5 for coreagraphy! And she said that it's a FS we can grow into... So, our new music (DISNEY THEMED!): Intro - Under the Sea (Little Mermaid), Canter - The Bells of Notre Dame (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Walk - Colours of the Wind (Pochahantas), Trot - Zero to Hero (Hercules). It's SO FUN! And it fits him SO WELL! OMG! I'm so happy! God, I can't describe how happy I am with how this turned out!

So, all in all, we had a VERY good day, both ponies were VERY VERY VERY well behaved! Lipton got here, and knew his job. He has officially redeemed himself from the 4-H show! In short: I LOVE MY HORSES!

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers! [smile]

Holly - Yes potato moths a "riveting" subject about a little moth that attacks potatoes. [Roll Eyes] Eeek that guy is a creep. Congrats on a great lesson too!!

Tracy - How exciting for you! Mr Three Socks is a cutie.

Mckenzie - I'm glad you had some good rides, and Nugget is coming along so well.

Megan - Yay no test! He needs a new winter one next winter too, so we will hit the end of season sales this year to try and get them cheap...er.

Emily - well done at your show! I'm glad the ponies were good for you!

Now the rug..tee hee. It's green and white, and I love having a horse that doesn't destroy his rugs you can see a couple of dirty spots and that's after a week with it on and off at times. His winter one he has now still looks new after 3 winters. On the other hand my friend arrived the other day to find her horse's rug in three pieces. The neck rug had been torn clean off the rug and the tail flap was gone too. The chest strap had been ripped out of it and the leg strap had broken [Eek!] Looks like that one is going in the bin.

It's lovely, it has satin inside the chest, tail flap and neck rug. Sorry to add more pics to this post, guys! The mandatory "You'll never see it this clean again" pics.

-

-

Lightning *loves* it. [Wink] as you can tell.

Hmm my lesson went really well. My instructor got on Lightning and fixed him up so I could get the feel for what I was looking for. It was really nice..now to replicate that, hmm.

Anyway I hope everyone has a ggod day/night/whatever time it is there!

Megan - Thanks [smile] . Glad to hear you didn't have to take the chem test! Was the 'suspicous' person a real threat? Hope not!!

Tracy - Yeah, you'd want to have a very well behaved stallion if he is that large! Lol [big Grin] . He sounds like a neat horse!

Boocoo - Thank you! My trainer (and her trainer, the one I'm currently with) went to Debbie McDonald's barn a couple years back and got to watch her train and learn about her style and methods. She said she was a really nice lady, and had fun as well. I have no doubt it will be a good learning experience to audit one of her clinics!! Hope Beau continues to progress and feel better, and that you get some of your $$ back from that show!

Emily - Yay! Congrats on all your tests, sounds like the freestyle was AWESOME and well done [big Grin] . Haha wait a sec...did Kari ride Lipton or you? Gahhhh I am tired, that's my grand excuse for the day [Wink]

I had a lesson Nugget today with Patty. It went really well. He is SO fun to ride and is really coming along. A person came down from a different part of WA state to come see him, as she was interested in breeding one or two of her mares to him. She has been following our progress (videos and pictures) on Nugget's owners website, and really liked the looks him of him, hence why she came down to see him in person. She liked him and decided to breed her two mares, so that was good news!

I was going to ride Teddy yesterday, and was about to get my tack and grooming equipment out of my locker when Teddy's owner showed up...I spoke to her last week to find out when she had her weekly lessons, and she told me clearly SUNDAY. I guess she made a mistake because she actually has lessons Saturday. It wasn't a big deal, but I've only ridden Teddy twice this week and really wanted to get some practice in, but it's just one ride so I'll get over it [Razz] .

I am officially taking Nugget to a schooling show on June 9th. We are going to ride Intro tests A and B. I am also probably taking Teddy, and if his owner rides him she'll do Intro A and B as well, so I'll do just one test, probably Second Level test 1.

Happy Mothers Day!

Ouuu I've been bad about staying active here.

And I'll just respond to the ones I can recall. [smile]

Boocoo- Oooo Debbie McDonald! I heard many great things about her outside of the show ring. Hopefully you can get some of your money back!

VegasSky- Sounds like it would be a good idea to drop your lessons w/ your dressage trainer. Hope everything goes well for you

Emily- That's great you had such good rides! Congrats on the scores and success!

McKenzie- Thanks. He's slowly getting there. What a great opportunity that would be for you to go to your old trainer's place. Definately a good idea! So glad that Nuggest is going well and that you'll be able to take him to a show. That will be a lot of fun! [smile]

LTS- hehe thanks. Scotch is a good boy...most of the time. I'm loving Lightning in his sheet. He's stylin! Great you had a good lesson!

Holly- Glad you were able to figure the outside leg in shoulder-in [Wink] You'll figure it out!

Ok so that's all I can remember!!!

Umm was supposed to take Scotch to a show yesterday... supposed ot do training 2 and 4. But things got screwed up and I opted not to bring him as it was already becoming a stressful day. Not sure when our next show will be...

OOO I'm offically done for the semester! Wednesday was my last day! *dances*

Scotch went really well today. Stayed very sound...then we went for a hack. Even went into the stream and hacked around and in it. He was sooo funny. Kept drinking the water, silly pony. Then one of the girl asked if I wanted to ride her mare. So I did...was going to jump her but the mare really needs some manners about half halts and transistions. The girl said the mare gets strong after fences. Well after riding her on the flat I was like well no wonder why. She doesn't respond to your half halts and will bore like a tank through the reins. So later this week I'll pop this mare over some xrails to see how she is after a few rides with listening on the flat.

Now I'm watching Under the Tuscan Sun and thinking about playing some GUITAR HERO!

omg I played it for about 2 hours the other night w/ a couple of my guy friends. G's that game is sooo addicting! My fingers hurt afterwards!

tracy: aawwww, cute baby! hope peeker took and we'll get to see a baby sam in oh...what is it...11 months!

luvs: try the seminole feed - the low starch stuff. it's safety first. i LOVE that feed. it's great for roany cause she's insulin resistant i think. and fleck loves his competition mix. he's all shiny and not fat and fit and happy. oooh, yay for nugget. he's such a gorgeous horse and wow! to be that nice of a guy for a stallion too. they really lucked out! good luck at your shows! and ooooh, i'll be showing june 9th too so we'll have to think happy blue ribbon thoughts for each other!!

boocoo: glad beau is feeling better. hopefully he'll back to normal come next sunday when you ride. but you know him and will make sure he's all happy first! glad he's improving. and glad the show people might give you back some money. that's always nice. good luck with the shows in the future!

emily; YAY!!! awesome show! that's great that you did so well. and awesome about your freestyle! whoo hoo. go inky disney themed!! do you have video??

lightning: hee hee. i bet they are riveting! but when you said attacking potato's i pictured little moths with helmets and guns and a big ol' army of moths organized against mr. potato heads fighting back! that'll spice things up!! oooh, he looks so sexy in his new clothes! very fancY!

lauren: i've never played guitar hero! sounds like fun though. and it's always fun riding other horses! good luck teaching the mare some manners!

shelly: arghhhh!!! so i made an appointment with the doctor. even had the topamax handouts in the room. so at like 2:40, when my appt was at 2, dr walks in...never introduces herself, is practically slurring her words she so rushed to get out her sentences...really doesn't let me go into much detail... basically glances at my migraine log, and says.... i can't tell if you're having them twice a week or not. i say....well some weeks i don't have any but...and she says Nope, we won't be putting you on preventative. just a medicine for when you get them. which... she didn't let me finish and say that someitmes i get them 8 days in a row. she totally went off that stupid flyer that asks "do you have more than one a week", have you ever had your job interfered with due to migraines", etc list... and apparently if you don't respond perfectly to those 5 questions, they won't think out of the box and give it to you. i was just so irritated at this point.... my friend gave me her neuro guy, who i actually have gone to before. so i may just call him. or...try the meds she gave me for two weeks and she wants to recheck. so maybe... i'll give it a try and see what happens. it's just so frustrating. even when we're busy, i go in and introduce myself and say sorry for the wait and thanks for being patient and listen to everything they have to say. arrghh. so... oh well. we'll see what this med does. in the meantime, i've got another chiro appt which will hopefully help.

so...busy weekend. and i'm still sick with the cold. i was a bad vet this weekend. did two stupid mistakes... one was fine in the long run, dog went home happy as a clam...the other one...i just don't know what i was thinking. i even talked to them about parvo and didn't test the dog. so it got walked all throughout the place.....spreading parvo... cause it was parvo. ugh... i feel soooo bad.

but anyways... gonna go ride in a bit. dressage work [smile] then tomorrow the farrier and chiro/massage vet are coming! whoo hoo. then ride..then day off probably and me go to the chiro, then a dressage lesson thursday and pack for the show, then work friday til 1 am then get up at like 6 am to go to the show. i'm so excited! getting a bit nervous but excited.

well, off to go blow my nose, and hten go ride [smile]

Whoa! I'm alive!

Sorry I've been so non-talkative lately - just too busy with school and horses and stuff! I took the AP Bio test today - I don't think I did all that badly either. Still, thats one heck of a stressor gone! I'm gonna be uber busy this week - awards night on wednesday (which I might skip), band concert thursday night, constitution bowl all day friday, and then my rating on Saturday! Oy vey! If I survive this week, I think I can do anything! Haha

Disclamer: Sorry if I sound unenthuisastic today... it hasn't been a very good day for me.

LST - Awww! Lightning looks somewhat...ashamed.. [Wink]

McKenzie - Haha, I rode Lipton, Kari judged us. Oh! She looked so pretty on Saturday! I loved her outfit! And her shoes were amazing... haha. Yay, breedings for nugget!

Lauren - Oooh! UTTS! Good movie. My brother and his friends love Guitar hero... I so don't have the hand-eye coordination for it. [Razz]

Holly - I'll get the video up as soon as I figure out how to get it off the DVD onto my computer... still trying to figure that out for my Regionlas rides, and my last FS as well. =p eep, sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you! Sorry about the dog. =(

Okay, so, sunday of the show, here we go:

Ride 1 - Inky and me doing our freestyle. Didn't run NEARLY as cleanly as the day before, and it showed in our score. We got a 62% and 4th (there were more people in the class on sunday), which is still better than we did AT ALL last year, but not what I was hoping for. Oh well, we'll clean it up a bit and hopefully get our scores to go UP.

Ride 2 - First 4 Qualifying on Inky. Yet again, a very mediocre ride. 60% (same as T4... I see a pattern), although, I guess it's kind of a good thing that our scores are the same at both levels? Even if they're not that high, they're the same.

Ride 3 - First 4 Qualifying on Lipton. Oh. My. Lord. I love this horse. So yes, durring warmup he decided that there should be some Piaffe in First Level... he quicky learned that that wasn't right... So the test went really well, we got 8's on both our halts, and split between 6's and 7's in all our movents, EXCEPT our Right lead shallow loops.. we got a... 4. Oops. That's what happens when you let your horse do changes durring your shallow loop, isn't it? BUT! Despite that, and our "cautious" canter lengenthens, we still got a 66.842%, and 2nd place. When we left the show grounds yesterday, as for what was posted, I was in first for Jr/YR Daily high score.

Pictures should be up in the next few days, I'll post the links here if I remember...

So after the AP Bio test I was all "omg no more science pleeeeaaase!". So guess what I've been doing for the past hour and a half.

Yup. Science. For FUN no less. Its a good thing I'm doing a science major

kyalli: good luck surviving this week! hee hee. what fun science are you doing?? sounds exciting!

emily: AWESOME! that's so great that lipton is being good. and wanting to piaffe! hee hee. and bummer about inky, but.... atleast he's consistent! just get out there and ride the spots off of him! and sounds like you guys did good, just not what you wanted. but ...you know you can do it! hope the rest of the show goes well.

so..... turns out.... i DON'T have to put my outside leg forward for shoulder ins. [Confused] who knew? apparently my awesome horse realizes that with just my seat... that's what i want. so... the leg motion is superfluous! [Crazy] so... yeah.. .i just kept my leg where it was and he did it.... like a good boy! i'm so proud. we did have some issues tonight. cause AGGGGHHH the one side of the ring is super scary when the sun is starting to set. silly boy! and we had some issues. but...overall it was a good ride and he was good. we had some nice canter lengthens and then.... some out of control canter lengthens... hee hee. but some really nice leg yields, some decent baby half-passes to one direction and not quite really even a baby version to the other. so oh well. progress, baby, progress. so yay! it was still a fun ride. then we rode the novice dressage test, which is pretty much training 4. ARGHHHH. it's sooooo boring. and of course we rode it like crap! we had some ugly transitions and a break, so... we fixed it. but... its' one of those things...where i could ride and get better scores in 1st 2 i bet than T4. oh well. better step it up for the shows!

hope everyone else is well. we had Torrential downpours so the ground is all swept away in my pasture, but... atleast it was beautiful weather today! hee hee. sucks for all those people that get real weekends when it rained all day. for my weekend! it's nice! it was about 85 degrees but with a breeze and not much humidity. then when i rode at like 6:30, it was very pleasant! i LOVE this georgia weather, but i bet it won't be long before it's 90 degrees and 150% humidity. ugh.

I still have not had time to catch up and here it is 10:45 at night. I should be in bed already! [Duh]

Ok, so Beau has been feeling pretty good. I longed him on Sat. and he was not counterflexing on the right so bad. So today, I longed first in loose side reins, then I got on. He was fine at the walk, both directions, reaching and stretching for the bit. Then I asked him to trot left, he resisted and I thought, oh no, he can't still be hurting. He did a crow hop and went ahead and started to trot. I changed directions after a couple of circles, across the diagnol, as soon as I started to turn right at the corner, he threw a fit, stopped and planted himself. I made him continue right and asked again. It was a bit of a struggle for a while. He was not resisting violently like before though, more like "Oh no, this is gonna hurt" I stayed very soft in my seat and hands, gently kept his head suppled to the inside and kept my inside leg on. Finally I threw down my whip and kept at it. He would trot, then as soon as we would turn a corner to get on a circle, he would stop and try to go the other way. I kept encouraging him and tell him him "Beau, you can do it now trot" Finally, after I dropped my whip, he started to trot and stay in the trot. I did 20M circles and was posting the entire time. No sitting. Then all over the arena to the right, back to the left, then back to the right. He quit resisting. He kept trotting. I praised him to the high heavens and quit for the day. Did not even attempt to canter and only rode for like 20 min. I will try again tomorrow. He seems like he realizes now that he does not hurt anymore. If he keeps this up though, for the next 4 to 5 rides, I will take him back to the Vet. but I really think he will realize after today that he doesn't hurt anymore.

Sheesh, I need to get to bed. Good night all. I will catch up one of these days, I will, I will, I will..............

Don't you guys think we need a new chit chat thread? We are up to 376 posts!!! [Eek!]

Lauren - You're quite welcome [smile] . And thanks!! Sorry to hear you weren't able to make the show, but sometimes thats fine. Congrats on finishing the semester! My school gets out June 22nd...6 more weeks, ick!

Holly - Thanks for the reccomendation, I'll look into that one! They sure did luck out on Nugget, he's definitely a keeper [big Grin] . Oh, and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on June 9th!! One more thing...for shoulder-in your outside leg is back and your inside leg is forward [smile] Glad things clicked for you.

Lisa - Yay for finishing the test!! Definitely a stress reliever to have that behind you.

Emily - LOL gotcha! Sounds like you had a great day overall. Those are fine scores on Inky, and you can just keep working to improve them which I'm sure you will. And what a fantastic ride on Lipton [Yay] Well done!!

Boocoo - Glad Beau is feeling better even if it took some time. It sounds like you handled everything very well. Have a good sleep [Razz]

I got my entry confirmation for the June recognized show...I sent it in a week from the opening date and I am #292!! I REALLY need to get my entry in for my July recognized show as it opened May 7th, and shows are filling FAST this year.

Emily - Are you doing the Champagne Classic?

No time to update here...going to watch some TV then hit the sack!

So, I am still here, but I haven't had time to post in a while. Today is one of my days off, but I have to get a few things done in town today, then ride (the weather is GORGEOUS!!!! Holly your sunshine must be rubbing off on my state), so I will update when I am done with everything.

Holly - I think he was trying to tell me that he feels better, what with doing changes and piaffe on Sunday. [Razz] Ah, well, we don't want to take any chances...

McKenzie - Yeah, I go to all the EI shows... although, this is my first year doing l'Aperitif, I always do Beaujolais and Champange. I got all 4 of my beaujolais confirmations back, it made me laugh that I just had this chunk of stapled paper! It feels all official, having Gabe's name on the conf... Eee! I can't wait!

Pictures! Find "Robins ink spot & lipton Ice" and the password is "logan" (nix the quote marks). Some of Lipton's came out really nicely, although, I look terrible in most of them. =/ Ah, well, his saddle doesn't do much for my EQ, but whatever, it fits him, so I'll deal.

No ponies today, I still feel terrible, I think I might've gotten some bug? God, I hope I'm not borederline anemic again... oh well, we'll see.

emily; AWESOME PICS!!!!! oh my gosh! lipton is to die for!!! check out that chrome with that fancy browband and his socks....and his butt is sooo yummy! he looks awesome. and the inkster looks really really good too! he's working it! and i just noticed the last few pics that he was roached!! awwww, or mohawked! very nice looking [Wink]

awesome pics. i hope my show pics come out that nice!!! gonna work my butt off this week!!

so.....

today fleck got the ultimate spa treatment! farrier came in the morning and he got a pedicure. then...the vet/chiro came and gave fleck a wonderful cocktail drink, then did acupuncture, then adjusted him, then did massage. and fleck gets the day off [smile] lucky duck! he told me that my saddles look pretty good although he is still a bit sore in his back. but not too bad. and he recommended carrot stretches which i just started doing anyways, and he said to go buy a cheapo massager from walmart ($30 homedics one) and massage him atleast twice weekly. hee hee. mike's gonna pee himself when he see's me out there massaging my horse!!! and then i went and put in my order for 4 new horse trailer tires to be put on thursday morning. sheesh! that horse is expensive. but he's sooo worth it! so....hopefully he'll be feeling fantastic. but...sad news. poor roany's got an abscess brewing i think. she was a bit tender yesterday and today sure enough she was very sore for the farrier. he found a bruise that appears to be an abscess. afterwards she went and laid down for a bit. poor girl. but then her bute kicked in and she feels better now. so hopefully it'll bust out soon and she'll feel better. especially since i'm going out of town!!

what works better? soaking in epson salts or ichtamol wraps? or rotating? last time i did both.

so.....sorta ruined my riding today, but i'll just ride tomorrow. we'll still be fine for the show.

though i did want to wash my truck tonight! oops. better go do that while i have daylight. gotta be a good wife and cook dinner first [smile]

holly

quote:

Originally posted by FleckenAwesome:

and i just noticed the last few pics that he was roached!! awwww, or mohawked! very nice looking
[Wink]

Just mohawked! Hee! I love my boys. And that's not even Lipton's browband! We borrowed it for the weekend!

I keep forgetting to mention something! So, on Sunday, before we left, the judge from the indoor arena came to our stalls and started talking to us about Lipton! GUESS WHAT?! She looked at him in The Netherlands as a 3 year old stud colt! She fell in LOVE with him, but there was something wrong with one of his sesamoids, so her vet said no! She was glad to see that he found a good dressage home though. The first thing she did was ask if we got him from the East coast! It was kinda creepy! But still so cool at the same time!

Okay, off to do more homework before DWTS! FINALS BABY! Go Apolo!

Holly- omg you've gottta play it! That game is addicting! You'll never want to stop until your a ROCK STAR! Woohoo! Wow it sounds like it was the ultimate spa day for Fleck. [ROTFL] I need one of them! Oh no to parvo but yay that you got through it! haha That's great that Fleck is responive to your seat and the leg thing on your behalf is fixable and it seems like you've already fixed it! [smile]

Kyalii- Good luck w/ your busy week! [smile]

Emily- awh hope that you feel better soon! Your 2 boys look great! Very cute! Oh man I'm not as bad as I thought i would be w/ guitar hero...though my hands hurt like **** after! Those are good scores! Congrats on a successful weekend! OMG and how ironic is that! I would be like alajkdljaslkjdas. Pretty cool though. How old is Lipton?

Boocoo- Glad to hear Beau is feeling better. Hopefully that resistance thing will quickly disperse as he learns that pain is no more. haha I think we need to start a new chit chat thread too!

McKenzie- Ouuu the 22nd! good grief! Glad to hear you got into your shows! That's super!

Vegas Sky- Nice to hear from you!

Um so lets see...Had an amazing lesson on the my lil man yesterday. He stayed sound through out it had some lovely leg yields and terrific trot work. We decided not to work on mediums until this soundness issue is solved. So we are starting to introduce more lateral work. Then today he was going really well until half way through and he went unsound. It was mostly seen in the stretchy trot and on a loose rein in the trot. It was a bummer as he went beautiful yesterday. So tomorrow I'm going out to ride and have one of the ladies video tape. Send to vet and see what she thinks. Gave him another adequan injection today...this stuff better make a difference! rawr!

I'm thinking of trying a happy mouth bit...anyone ever used one before? And i will play around with different bits. currently he is going in a broken loose ring snaffle...I'm thinking I'll try a french link on him. And a hackamore...just to see if it's a bridle lameness...not for any purpose but for that. Then again I don't own a hackamore, but if worse comes to worse I'll ride him in his halter haha!

OOO the guy who interviewed me like...3 weeks ago called me today. I haven't listened to his message on my machine yet...but i think I got the job. But now that i didn't hear back from him (he told me he would call me in a "few days" that was like 3 weeks ago) So I was given more responsibilities at my priority job...so now I'm not quite sure how i'm going to work things out! [Eek!]

Is anyone else Heros or House fans?!?!

Megan - Hope everything is going well! The weather here has been WONDERFUl as well [smile]

Emily - AWESOME pictures! You and Lipton (Inky too of course [Razz] ) make a really, really nice pair. Don't get sick, my sister got the stomach flu last night and was throwing up for like 10 hrs [surrender] Is that too much info or what?! Haha. What a neat connection with the judge...it's crazy how those things happen!!

Holly - WOWZERS, Fleckers sure did get quite the treatment today!! He better be feeling good, lol [Razz] . That's a good idea about the massager thing, I think I'll get one of those for Teddy and Alibi. I'm sure your new tires will be worth it, but that probably is a bit of a dent in the bank account! Hope Roany's abcess busts, and have a good night with the hubby.

Lauren - Yeah, I am COUNTING THE DAYS, haha. I'm glad I got into the Beaujolais, shows seem to be filling super quick. I'll be lucky if I get into the July show I want. Sounds like a great lesson! Sorry to hear about the soundness issues though, hope the Adequan helps and your vet has some ideas on what's going on. Hackamores are cool, hehe, I used one on my old Dutch WB gelding when he had his wolfs tooth removed, and sometimes I put one on Alibi just for fun as she goes well in them. Crossing my fingers you got the job, I'm sure you did!! (*Knock on wood*).

My trainer is going to ride Nugget tomorrow, so I rode his owner's TB mare instead. She has not had much done with her recently but did well considering. She was originally on the track, had three years off and then Nugget's owner purchased her (she's now 8 yrs old). She was stiff as a brick to begin with, I mean you have no idea...it was crazy. With more work and lots of suppling and patience, she made a complete turn around and softened her jaw, dropped her head and neck and started to soften. It is just going to take time and muscling to get her to really relax and stay there, but she's already improving with one ride. Nugget's owner wants me to show her later this year, probably at Intro, so I have another project [smile]

'Night all!

Lauren - Yay! end of semester! I'm glad Scotch has stayed sound, and was a good swimming pony [Razz] Did you get the job?!?! True dedication I tell ya, getting on HC before listening to your messages. [ROTFL]

Holy - HAHA I have to do a 10 minute speech on potato moths and now I'm going to have to contain my laughter. What a mental picture! Armageddon potato moth style! Sorry about the pup. I hope Fleck thoroughly enjoyed his day of pampering! Hehe and massaging on a regular basis, what more could he want.Tee hee. Poor Roany, I hope she feels better all drugged up, and recovers quickly.

Lisa - Wow, you have a lot going on at the moment girl! Good luck with it all! I much prefer science to other airy fairy subjects, what kind of fun science are you doing??

Emily - Hehe he does doesn't he. He's such a dignified soul. Hehe I love him. I LOVE Lipton's socks, they are to die for!! Some great photos in that bunch! All 3 of you look great! I hope you feel better soon. Wow, what a small world, fancy someone recognising Lipton!

Boocoo - I'm glad Beau is better! Haha We probably do need a new thread [Cool] Not that there's too much chatting going on.

McKenzie - Your school gets out on my brother's birthday hehe. I don't know what I would do with summer holidays in the middle of the year [Question]

Anyway, nothing new here really, rode my pony again yesterday. I love him, haha, doesn't everyone say that. It's so easy just to set him going and forget to do anything. [Cool]

Hope everyone has a great day/night/whatever time it is there! [big Grin]

Okay, so I am WAAAAYYY behind!! I am just going to briefly comment...

Emily: I looked at the pictures of your show and they are FABULOUS!! Congrats on everything!!

Lauren: OMG!!!! The kitties are SOOOOO CUTE!!!! I want to get another kitty so bad, but I can't since I am moving in less than three months!

That brings up another point - Holy peanut butter, I move in three months!! I have so much to do before then!! It seems like it was yesterday that I had eight months...oh well, that's the way it rolls I guess.

Vegas is doing super good, even though she was a little owie on Boo Boo Leg after our galloping sets yesterday. It was the first time she has even thought about being lame since going back to work, but I put liniment on it and gave her some bute and she felt much better when we longed today. I think she will be fine for our lesson tomorrow.

I had a good mom's day weekend, I taught my mom to drive - a horse that is, Vegas was very cooperative the whole time. I had her take some pics for me afterward.

-

My pretty girl...

-

Hee hee, she likes to show off

-

I love this picture, and the jingle bells around her neck that I got for her at an amish harness shop when we went to visit my school.

So that's pretty much all that's going on here, I am going to Redmond this weekend, which is in the central part of the state, about three hours away. I am going there for high school equestrian state, since my team is competing. That will be fun, but Dad has to take care of the horses and longe Vegas...it will be interesting, but I'm sure he will do just fine.

Okay, now I have to finish the Idol results show...SEND JORDIN HOME!!!!

I swear I have been trying to get caught up. Ugh. Maybe this weekend? Sigh. I dont know.

I just went downstairs to get a drink and looked outside for the horses. They are laying down under the pole with the light. I can see Layla laying down but still upright, but Ben was laying flat out. I could only tell it was him b/c I saw his white markings. Its just.. calming to look out my kitchen window and see that. Makes all the extra work worth it. [smile]

Today I had to go get hay and feed. I have been thinking about getting a compressed block of hay for a while but have only known to get them in Ocala which is a bit of a haul. But when I drove into the feed store today, I saw someone moving those blocks around! So we had some here. I inquired about them and found out he had quite a few alfalfa blocks and 2 T/A blocks. I normally feed T/A so was going to do that but had heard and the feed store owner also told me that the T/A isnt as compressed so the horses can eat it faster and since its not as compressed if it rains it gets wet. I figured the alfalfa would be more expensive but it would be worth it. But nope! I got the alfalfa block for the same price as the T/A!! $105! Thats 750 lbs of alfalfa for $105!! Thats 15 50lbs bales. If I got 15 T/A bales, thats over $180. so I know if I got 15 alfalfa bales Id spend a HECK of a lot more. I went ahead and got a few T/A regular bales for the stalls.

When I got home, Man those horses were yelling about the hay. We tied a rope around the pallet that the block was on and then the other piece around the telephone pole and drove the truck off and PLOP the pallet and block are on the ground. It landed about 3/4 of the ways on the pallet. So we tied the rope around the bale and tried to slide it all the way on the pallet, but it tipped over and rolled off!! Luckily my step dad and myself were able to roll the block over and get it on the pallet with no problems. I let the horses out and they went GALLOPING to the block. It was so funny. They were trying so hard to chow down and couldnt. Ben kept trying to chase Layla away but she just moved to the other side so he was getting mad. Quite funny.

Ive been on vacation from work since last Wednesday. Gotta go to work tomorrow. Blah. At least only 2 days this week.

Sunday The Moms is finally going to use her Sky Diving certificate and jump at 9am if the wind stays calm. Crazy woman. But more power to her. You only have one life and if she wants to do it, WTG.

Geezus. Its 240 and I have to get up at 9! I really have READ the updates just havent replied. I saw the show results, and the pics, and that injuries are healing, and crazy school stuffs, etc. I swear Im reading!!

Ill try my best to get caught up soon guys. Promises!

night.