Sign in to follow this  
smithereens_86

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 15!!

Vegas - Yeah, I can sort of tell already that Drivers Ed is going to be crappy...can't wait to see barn pictures. It will be awesome whent that is done! And VERY cute picture, I'm sure Vegas enjoyed her cake [Wink][big Grin]

Boocoo - Well I probably WONT spend $70 on those gloves, but oh-my-gosh were they nice. Gahhh, more rain!! Jeez. Sounds you guys are really geting a lot. It was actually fairly nice yesterday, just a bit windy. Be sure to let us know how the L judges thing goes!

Lauren - You're welcome :0. The "assistant" trainer, who boards her two horses there, is schooling Grand Prix and is a USDF Silver Medalist. She also did Young Riders (dressage, I believe) and has evented through Prelim. So she is a really good rider as well, and when I stopped by the barn a second time with my other friend, we watched like 10 min. of a lesson she was teaching and I liked what I saw - she's very positive.

Tracy - Sorry to hear Fess isn't feeling too great. Hopefully it will be something minor and won't take long to "fix" [Huggy] and [Angel]

Emily - I like Rare Attraction...very nice! I reallllyyy like the barn name Gabe, too. You are very lucky you had a hott teacher...let's just say mines NOT [Wink] . I'm taking my Driver's Ed through Alexis Driving School...it ends on May 21st so it's about 7 wks.

Holly - Ohhhh hun, I am so sorry to hear that!! That's terrible news. Just remember you DID give her days of love, and that is what she will remember. I lost a cat we got at the Animal Shelter last summer. We had her for a couple months and then while being spayed she had a cardiac arrest and died [Frown] . When she had come to us, she was SO scared and it took forever for her to come out of her shell. But she did, and like Jenny will, they remember that. Hang in there, Holly [Huggy]

Ok. Todays my day off so Im going to try to catch up!!!

Shelly, thats so awesome you had a great clinic! I love those types when whatever they ask, you do it, and BAM. Makes you feel great.

Holly, my clean ups contain a lot of poo too. We have the litter boxes, the dog poo, the horse poo as well. So I feel ya for that.

Lauren, hope you feel better soon. Guess I missed what happened [Frown] Sorry. Im going to do my first schooling show in April/May too. Cant wait!

McKenzie, WOW! That place is great. And ONLY $330 for FULL CARE?!?! Sign me up! A place like that would run about $750+++ over here. Sounds like you got a great deal there. How exciting.

Lauren, nice pics! You and your sis are quite beautiful!

Boo, sorry to hear about the rain. Hope it clears up soon and you guys get to do the test ride.

Lisa, sounds like a great experience and good idea to get in with the woman from GA. Maybe do car washes or baby sitting, dog walking etc to raise money. My mom would also match everything I saved. So if I saved $300 shed give me $300. See if you can work something like that out.

Wench, wow. Sounds like you have a lot going on! Hope it all gets sorted out for you soon. What kind of snakes do you have? I would snake-sit my brothers fiance's ball python quite a few times. I love snakes!

Holly, what happened with the puppy? I guess I missed it. Hope it all works out for her!

Emily, I want pics of Gabe!! Youll have to give me tips of babies so when Laylas gets here next year Ill know what in the world Im doing! And WHERE is the pic from?! WOW!!

Megan, What kind of barn are you guys building? Does it have the works or a basic barn or what?

McKenzie, driving really isnt as scary as you think. Once you go around the course a few times, you def get a feel for it. Its more of making sure you remember the left is brake and the right is gas and you get a feel for the petals. Your depth perception will improve with experience. Good luck! You guys have to do a lot more than we did in DE. We only had to drive 2 times in the street, once on the highway.

KT, sounds like CK is really turning into a lovely horse. Youve been doing a fantastic job with him and sounds like you guys have a great bond. Cant wait for updated pics!

Tracy, geez that stinks. Hope everything is ok with the Fess man! Keep us updated!

Holly, Oh geez. I now know the story with Jenny. So sad! But honestly, and Im sure you know this, that is the best you could have done for her. Poor baby. She was suffering and it wouldnt have been right to do the surgery and know she would have more complications. I had tears reading that. Glad you had a good lesson to make you feel somewhat better. Hang in there.

Megan, love the Bday pics! Laylas is Friday.

OK!!!

I am officially caught up! Lets try to keep it that way!

As for me, today the farrier came. We were able to move Layla up a size in shoes. Shes been in a 00 (double ought) and we moved her into an 0 (ought). Soon she'll be able to move up to a 1! YAY. Her feet look great as well. Ben had a lot of foot. He has no problem growing. Went to the chiro (my chiro has 2 offices on either side of town and I had to move to the other one b/c its closer and open on Wed and the other one isnt and Im off from work on Wed so its easier).

At 230 I go to get my hair done. FINALLY. I havent had my hair done since the first week in OCTOBER 2006!! Before the wedding. So Im excited.

Rode Layla yesterday. She was very good. She was slightly heavy in my hands but Id rather have that than her curling up and sucking back. Her canter and the transitions were lovely and she was really using her back.

Only problem is that Im getting that roaning on either side of her withers where shes filling out. Ive had a saddle too narrow before and it left those white hairs, but shes not sore. Anywhere. So I dunno. Im just watching it very closely.

Last night in class we learned how to do mouth mirror inspections. Basically I have to feel for swollen lymphnodes, check the lips for abrasions and cracking, look at the gums, the salvatory glands under the tongue and on the sides of the cheeks, feel under the tongue for lumps or bumps, inspect the skin behind the molars on top and bottom for inflamation or sores, check the hard palate and soft palate for abnormalities, check the throat, tonsils, and uvala for abnormalities, pull the tongue out and check for spots, etc. then inspect the bite, see if theres an overjet or cross bite or over bite, and then look at each tooth and see what work has already been done (root canal, filling, sealant, etc) and then go back and chart what needs to be done. Yeh. Its a lot. And I worked on my teacher, and shes had a LOT of dental work. It took me over 30 mins just to chart her teeth. But I learned a LOT and she said that Im very profecient and very good and cant believe Ive only been there for 2 months.

So Im off to get my hair done!! Bye guys!

lauren: thanks. it's a better day today. i know i did the right thing and gave her every chance. it's just sad she didn't get to enjoy spring and summer as a real dog should.

vegas: i'm sorry about calvin. and you're right..she is enjoying spring and summer as a puppy should only better than she'd get here. it just still sucks... but yeah.. i'm getting better. and i know there was really no other way around it. AWWWWWW cute pic. sounds like fun. parties are better when it's just the really important people anyways [smile]

tracy: thanks. how's fessor feeling? hopefully better today.

luvs: oooh, are you going to do some eventing too? how cool! i just found out that one of the jumps i jumped while schooling a few weekends ago was actually on the prelim course isntead of training! Go US!!!! way cool. and they are usually pretty touch compared to other places. so very exciting. sounds like the trainer's gonna be awesome. and thanks. i just keep picturing her running around like a goofball with her big long legs all goofy style and mouth just a grinnin'! wish i had gotten a picture of that, but atleast it's in my mind. that's how i'm gonna remember her. and i'm so sorry about your cat. it sucks when bad things happen during routine procedures. i'm sorry.

so....today is a much better day. it's hard not to smile when the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, its warm but not yet muggy! 80 degrees but very pleasant. and i like to think i'm a naturally happy person, so... it's gonna be okay.

and another good lesson really helped. i had a jump lesson and it was fun. fleck was a goober. the trainer (different from dressage trainer - who actually teaches me jumping too but she's just sooo good at dressage..and this person is closer) but anyways, she made me laugh. she said that my friend who also rode has a very intense mindset and the horse is a red mare who is very much a redhead. and when rider gets anxious horse thinks OHMYGAW what??? what??? what's wrong? whereas i seem pretty chill and fleck's mind doesn't move as fast as other horses so we just bob along... so she had me pick him up some instead of just huntering around. and she said that when i panic he just kinda says hey ma, be cool. i got it. hee hee. it's so true. but then he started to have fun adn got all bucky and reary, but it was okay. just sillyness. so once i got him collected he was jumping nice. we jumped the liverpool too which of course.... i rode like a ditch and leaned and made him refuse, but then we fixed it. and he did great. much better by the end of our lesson. we even did a triple with two oxers that were like 3'3" [smile] so it was a fun day. no need to go finish cleaning.

i'm trying to decide about friday. i was going to give him the day off cause of the chiro tomorrow and i have to work. but...now my friend is going to school XC again. which... i could take off work and join them. it would be good practice before the show, but poor fleck got hauled to a dressage lesson yesterday, hauled to a jump lesson today, hauled to the chiro tomorrow....am i gonna wear his little butt out? he's very fit and doesn't really stress in the trailer. but next week i'm hoping to do dressage lesson, jump again, and hopefully a XC lesson at a place down the street with a small but cool XC course.... so am i gonna overdo it if i go friday???

thanks!

Tag – Hate to break it to you, but shedding has nothing to do with the temperature. It has to do with how much daylight the horse is exposed to which is why in big show barns, they will leave the horses in and have the lights on automatic timers to “trick” the horses into beginning shedding early. So if CK has started shedding already, even if the weather drops back cold again, he will continue to shed so you will have to supplement with blankets to keep him warm enough. Glad to hear he is going so well now that you have gotten rid of the ill fitting saddle. That is great news.

McKenzie – We got a Ford F250 Lariat top of the line king cab fully load with a tow package and plow package. That thing is HUGE!!! [Eek!] They said I could haul a dozen horses or more with it. I told the guy that I would fine hauling two horses, and he said I probably won’t even notice them back there with the pulling power this truck has. I’m just looking for a little 2 horse aluminum bumper pull with a dressing room. Nothing spectacular. I generally don’t go anywhere with anyone. Just me and Raz, so we don’t need big and fancy. I also don’t go far or do overnight shows, so small and simple for us.

Boocoo – Homemade mac & cheese is the only way to go!!! I have this stove top recipe that only takes as long as the cooking time for the macaroni, and it is done – no baking in the oven required. It is sooooo good, and sooooo easy to make. I don’t even make it in the oven any more though I have a killer recipe for that as well. Hope the rain ends soon so you can get back to some riding.

Lauren – I LOVE Janet Evanovich’s books!! I’ve read the entire Plum series and Barnaby series, but haven’t read any of her others. Now I have Jack reading her Plum series. He is almost done with them. He is on #11 right now. Sorry on the American Idol – I’m boycotting!! Have been ever since Chris got voted off last year. That was the last American Idol episode I ever watched!!! Glad to hear Scotch went well for you. Sorry to hear your lesson got cancelled. I hear you on the sweaty pony issue. Was very warm here last night as well, but not as warm as it was in your area. We were only about 55 degrees, so warm enough for Raz to break a sweat (I worked his sorry little butt off), but not warm enough for a soapy bath. Had to settle for cooler when we done!!! Can’t wait to give that grungy boy a soapy bath.

Tracy – Have Fessor checked for Lyme. That could cause him to be “off”. You get some odd symptoms with Lyme. Hopefully it is nothing too serious. Keep us posted.

Emily – Glad to hear you are back in the saddle even if it did totally wipe you out. Don’t worry, you’ll be back in shape in no time.

Holly – I’m so sorry to hear about Jenny. That is just awful. I know you are really torn up about losing her, but you are right, she is in a better place. You made the right decision putting her down. At least she got a couple of days in a wonderful loving home with you. [Huggy] So glad to hear that the lesson went so well – and starting to work on 2nd Level work, how fun!! Isn’t collected work a blast. The collected trot is a ton of fun. Collected canter takes a while to really develop. That is a real strength issue. You have to just keep asking, and will only get a stride or two, then the next time a few more strides. Just stick with it. Glad to hear the jump lesson went so well!!! Honestly, Fleck is so used to trucking around, and isn’t bothered by the trailer, and is in such awesome shape, as long as he gets a couple of days off in there somewhere, Friday shouldn’t be too much for him. Not like they are long hauls either. You are going to do great at the upcoming show!!

Megan – Cute picture!! Glad to hear Vegas enjoyed her cake.

Shantel – Good to see you back and feeling better. So glad to hear Layla is going well and school is going well. Don’t be such a stranger.

Last night’s ride with Raz was great. Worked his little butt off, but got some really nice work out of him. The half passes were beautiful and started working him on the simple changes through the walk again. Urrgghhh. First show is only a month away.

~Shelly~

Vegas Sky- Haha! Omg me too. I was like...err what is wrong w/ our US? Apparently many things...lol. I was scared when I saw his performance. The only one I watch is Blake. haha You will be busy at school! What fun! Cute pic BTW!! I'm loving the hats! hehehe

McKenzie- Yeh I read her profile. Sounds like you'll have a great time there! It's always nice to have a positive, reinforced trainer! and yeh I'm w/ Shantel here! When I was looking to board Remy in Philly everything was like 800++ and that's w/ limited T/O! Now that i'm no longer in Philly board ranges from 430-700 here. hence the reason why I'm broke all the time! lol

Shantel- Woohoo for Days off!!! omg I love getting my hair done too. It def. has been awhile for you. I always hate when I let it go for a long period of time and I'm like omg split ends galore! Ohhh to my not feeling good=bad bad hangover. Are you going to try 1st at your first show of the season??

Holly- I know. Life can suck huh. I think Fleck will be perfectly fine going XC schooling. He's in shape and it prob would be of help to both of you!! That's terrific about having a great jump lesson! Sounds like things are improving by leaps and boungs! that's a great accomplishment! wheeee!

Shelly- Yeh me too! I've read the whole Plum series as well...and I'm totally in love w/ Ranger...YUM! Did you know the 13th book is coming out in June?? I'm totally pysched for it. Wow Jack is reading the Plum series too. sweet! I seriously always laugh out loud when reading her books. Always a pick-er-upper. Awh man only 55 up in Mass! Better then the 20's though. I bet you can't wait until its warm and sunny. Haha I thought about boycotting AI too. But Blake...mmm i really like him. So I watch him sing...and then House is on afterwards soo it all works out. Glad to hear that Raz was great for you!

No pony today...but I did get more stuff in the mail! I swear Tack of the Day is a killer for me!! I get emails from BOB and I'm like ooooo 50% off....buy buy! So I bought a breastplate for the pony. [Roll Eyes] He's so spoiled.

Now I'm deciding on whether I want to go to my night class...hmmm to go or not to go? That is always my question...

I guess I better go...since its only once a week. Ugh. Better not sit next to the wall either or I'll fall asleep again.

Shantel - Well that section of the website hasn't been updated in a bit, so board is actually $400. But still, it IS for full care, with two really good instructors and an indoor and outdoor dressage arena. The one negative thing is that the horses are only out for 2-3 hours per day, but I am also getting Teddy some stall toys, lol. It is exciting [smile] Glad to see you are feeling better, too. Yeah I was nervous driving yesterday, but it was also fun. My dad parked and let me drive, so when I first put the gas on I FLOORED it and he said next time to not give him whiplash...oops [Wink] ! Ohhh, thats good Layla's feet size is moving up. Teddy's did recently as well! Wow, sounds like you are doing lots in school, thats awesome.

Holly - I'd like to try some eventing, but they have 10 acres and no jumping courses (just some jumps you can put up in the indoor). So I probably won't be...I also thought it looked like a blast!! That's really cool about the Prelim jump you did, espeically because it sounds more difficult than other courses. What level do you plan to take Fleck through (in Eventing)? OMG 80 degrees?! I'd kill for that weather!!

Shelly - Sounds like a nice truck you got there!! I think a 2 horse would be perfect. There are nice ones out there. We checked out one trailer that was like $72k, with full living quarters. However, I didn't like the width of the horse area, it was a bit tight. The main issue for us is finding a trailer tall enough for my friend's horse, who is pushing 16.3...he's a TB. I still need some polishing on my simple changes, though they are pretty solid. When I'm warming up, I still sort of bomb my first few canter-walk transitions.

Lauren - Gahhh, $700?! Crazy. I mentioned it in my reply to Shantel, but the board has been raised since the site has been updated in that area, so it's $400. But still reasonable!! I need to start checking Tack of the Day daily, it seems like they have some killer deals!

I have Driver's Ed again today, and plan on practicing some driving when my dad gets home from work. I really want to be riding out, as it's SO sunny!!

Whoa, no catching up here! However, I noticed that Jenny seems to have died, Holly, I am so sorry. I'm glad you were able to give her some good days. [Angel][Huggy]

Me, I'm mighty busy with science team for another few days, but our last competition is on Saturday, and then I am done! Currently I'm watching the first episode of the Tudors, which makes me so unbelievably happy, this time period is so fascinating, and besides being a science geek, I'm a history nerd as well.

I hope everybody's goods stay good, and everybody's bads get better!

Holly - TMNT is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! DUH! So sorry to hear about Jenny! [Huggy] At least she got a few days of good loving. And at least you got a good lesson or two to help make you feel better. Also, I don't think that trailering him that much will do any harm. We haul out to ride period, and our horses are just fine. As long as he doesn't get stressed in the trailer, you should be fine.

Lauren - It may be a killer, but it's so fun! ...Until you have to actually do it... I miss Clint... Dangit. Oh well... You fell asleep durring class?! HAHA! I made a comment about one of the other horses being spoiled, and Mike (Our yummy stall picker) started laughing and was like "You're one to talk... I see everybody ELSES horses eating off the ground..." Apperently, Inky needing a hay net makes him spoiled? (Not like he's not anyways!) [Razz]

Megan - PRINCESS HATS! Omg, I love it! I missed a day of school this month because my body decided that a 5th day on 4 hours sleep wasn't going to happen... [Duh]

McKenzie - Never heard of that driving school... Must be more local to Olympia area.

Shantel - Pic thread is "It's a boy!" [Razz] And I have no idea what I'm doing! I'm learning from my trainer! I'll try to help if you want help though!

Shelly - Just keep working at them and you and Raz'll improve!

Lisa - I think Nerd describes EVERYTHING about you! [Wink] You know I love you. =D

Gabe was being dumb today, touching the hotwire... He's special, but it's amusing. I got to ride again, and it was... okay.. not great. We did a dry run on our freestyle, which SUCKED! I think it was worse because we don't have a dressage arena to ride in, so I was just kind of guessing as where the arena walls would be... And our first run through was the "Umm.. where do I go now?" run through. The second one was better, but still rather terrible.

My throat still hurts, and my ribs started hurting again when I was sitting the trot... I think I'm not going to tell Emma, because they don't hurt now, and gosh darnit I want to ride in this show! I also started sneezing today.. I hope I'm not getting anything worse than just the sore throat.

Ah, well, I'm off to go buy another pair of white breeches, seeing as I went all last year with only one pair since I ruined my knee patch pair at my 2nd show of the season. I learned the hard way not to wear shoes that fling mud up the back of your legs with your white breeches... Also never slip in the mud... Yeaaaah.. I'm a clutz. Okay, off to get those new breeches!

Flecken, sorry to hear the dog died. At least you know you made her last days happy ones.

I make home made mac - n - cheese with the big pasta shells, butter and grated sharp cheddar cheese. It is to die for!!

Smithereens, pics of the new truck please!! I have a 3 horse slant bumper pull, steel trailer and would love to sell it and get a 2 horse slant, aluminum trailer. Eventually we will do that, probably in another year or two. I like my current trailer, but don't need a 3 horse and prefer aluminum. Steel tends to rust.

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I move to a barn with great footing, but no covered arena, all it does is rain. The arena would be dry enough tomorrow to ride, I have not ridden since Sunday, but it is supposed to rain again. I bet I don't get to ride till this Sunday. That will be a week. Good thing I canceled my show this weekend. Now lets hope I can ride the next couple of weeks so I can be ready for my schooling show on the 14th. And I am still glad I moved my horse, I am just not overly fond of rain, weather we need it or not. [Frown]

[ 03-28-2007, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

Fessor seems to be doing better this evening. He has a bit more spring in his step and a bit more brightness in his eyes. I hopped on bareback with a halter (and helmet!) for a few minutes. That's actually a big deal for me, I tend to be a weenie about riding bareback. Especially if there's any suggestion of a spook. So I sang bibbety-bobbety-boo as we walked around the indoor a few times with some changes of direction thrown in for good measure. I hopped off after about five minutes, not wanting to push a good thing. [smile] If he's still improving tomorrow, I may request a mostly walk bareback lesson.

Tracy

Emily - I am a nerd. But thats okay. I like being smart. Unlike you, miss 'let me get mud over my expensive white breeches' :-p

Boocoo - That mac n cheese sounds YUM!

Tracy - bippety boppity boo? I MUST remember that!

So, all I have to say about Lost is WHOA. That, and Wisconsin is a hellmouth.

McKenzie- Jah!! ooo 400 still isn't too bad...well I think its bad b/c i'm just a money tighty right now. Scotch's board is not too much more than that now! and wow only 2-3hrs? I guess you gotta weight your pros and cons. Why is that? I can't tell you how many different barns I looked at around here. And a lot of them didn't have the horses out a lot....except here. He gets out all day. Which is fabulous b/c he is used to being out 24-7. It sounds like its a nice place! What type of footing do they have? Have fun Driving! [Wink]

Kyalii- Have fun! Better you then me is what I've gotta say. I'd be like erm the earth revolves around the sun.. What is Tudors???

Emily- eep yup I've fallen asleep. If you had this professor of mine you would too. Monotone and its all about PA History. LoL yummy stall picker...haha! Awh Inky is spoiled too! Scotch doesn't have a hay net I really am not a fan of them in the stalls. Ooo test riding for a freestyle is fun! What type of music are you doing yours to? My first ever freestyle I threw together in oo about 3 weeks. thankfully it was at a schooling show so I just kind of just went and had fun with it.

I love white breeches....I actually used to run XC in white...until one fateful course(my one and only time *knock on wood*) where it poured and I did a total base slidding fall into the muddiest part. my white breeches officially where a light mud color brown. Now my whites are used strictly for Dressage only! lol.

Maybe you'll find a steal on some breeches!

Boocoo- Ohh no! I really hope it stops raining for you!! Here hoping you'll get to ride ASAP!

Ok so I Definately did NOT go to my night class. With the persuassion of my friend...haha not like it took much persuassion...lol. I'm such a slacker this week! Ahhh

So I went and had a brief visit to my ponyboy. Tried his breastplate on and it fits! Tried out my new solo comb....didn't get much done since my time was limited. So i'll pull some more tomorrow after I ride him!

McKenzie – You are getting a steal for board at those prices. As the others have mentioned, board on the east coast is outrageous. I pay $865/month. Raz gets full day individual turnout, but even still, my barn’s prices are NOT astronomical compared to the other barns in the area. The price is VERY competitive. There are other barns way more expensive than my barn, and a few cheaper, but not nearly as good care or facilities. I always miss my first few c/w/c transitions as well, then Raz kinda clues in to what we are doing, and away we go.

Lauren – OF COURSE, I know the 13th book is due out in June – “Lean Mean Thirteen” Love the title!!!! I am dying for the book. Ranger is the best!!! I actually get all the books on CD from the library and upload them to my iPod so I can listen to them on the train on the way to work. Of course then the rest of the people on the train think I am mental when I am laughing hysterically and not talking to anyone. Ah well!!! Yup, totally hooked Jack on the series. He is loving it. Hooked PMJ on the series as well. You SLACKER!!! Bad girl for cutting class!!!!!

Emily – Mud and white breeches DO NOT go well together!!! You definitely have to have a spare pair when showing. Hope you aren’t getting sick. Try some Zicam. It will help head off a cold and stop you from getting too sick. They make it in all sorts of forms (no pills to swallow) and over the counter. You can get it at any local pharmacy. Good stuff. Hope your ribs feel better. Hopefully you didn’t start back to riding too soon. Take care of yourself. Don’t worry about the freestyle not going right. First run throughs are always ugly. We have a couple of really yummy stall pickers at our barn, and they are all Brazilian and don’t speak a word of English, so you can walk right up to them and tell them how yummy they are. They just look at you and smile and nod, and you are like, “You have NO idea what I’m saying, how cute!” [big Grin]

Boocoo – You sure are getting a LOT of rain. Hope it ends soon so that you can get back to riding. A 3 horse steel is a big heavy trailer. I imagine you would be happier with a 2 horse aluminum. The trailer I usually borrow from a friend to haul to shows right now is a modified 2 horse aluminum. She changed the inside so that it only holds 1 VERY WIDE horse. Really odd trailer, but she never takes anyone with her when she goes someplace, so it works for her. I’m debating between slant or straight load. Raz doesn’t care which. He loads easily into anything. Guess it depends what I find. We are just looking for something used and inexpensive. Not the best picture of the truck as I wasn’t trying to take a picture of the truck at the time, but it is the only one I actually have at the moment, so it will have to do.

-

Tracy – Glad to hear Fess seems to be doing better.

****, I’m two weeks behind on Lost AGAIN!!! I have it taped, so don’t tell me what I missed. I’ll catch up eventually. Maybe this weekend. Have to see about that.

~Shelly~

Whoa, okay, so I missed a lot apparently. I had to go into my dad's dental office yesterday and cover for his receptionist who was out sick....lots of saliva and ringing phones...yuck. Then I got to come home and take care of the ponies and set everything uf for the three horse-sitters I finally found for the weekend and then pack and get ready for my flight that leaves in a couple hours. I am way excited about seeing my college, but not so much about having to spend that much time in close quarters with my mother...there is a reason why I am going to school on the other side of the country [Roll Eyes] Oh, well, long story. I must say to emily though, I wish I got five hours of sleep for four days in a row!! 14 college credits + 20 hours a week + horses + coaching + teaching lessons + MY lessons = no time for sleep...enjoy high school while you still can.

So yeah, if I drop off the planet for the weekend I am just doing college stuff. I will have my computer with me but I don't know if I'll have internet over there.

[ 03-29-2007, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Vegas Sky ]

Saliva and ringing phones?! Sounds like my kind of job.. Wait it will be when I graduate (Im going for dental assisting).

Going to head to the barn in about 15 mins to ride. Its already in the low to mid 80s here. Ugh. At least its not humid.

Shelly, love the truck. Of course Im a Ford girl too. I need new pics of mine with the front lifted for leveling and the big tires and bull bar up front.

3Day - its a new show on Showtime about the court of Henry the 8th. Kinda like HBO's Rome, only Renaissance.

Shelly - omg catch up quick girl! I LOVE Lost (thanks to Emily...)

Vegas - Sleep is overrated! Much like eating and logic!

Speaking of sleep, I'm exhausted! But lookie what I did today in Shakespeare/Psych/Bio! (I am such a bad student sometimes)

-

-

The body started as a sketch that I was going to use to label anatomical orientation terms on (anterior, posterior...) but then I looked at it and realised... It looked like my friend's horse Cruise! SO, I added some markings and then later did a headshot as well. I don't like the headshot all that much, but my friend is getting the body shot, and theyre on the same piece of paper, so shes getting both. Shes been begging me for a drawing for forever, so now she gets 2! And yes, I realise hes lacking anything but the absolute beginnings of a mane, I can't remember which side his mane is on, so I'll add that in when I see him at the barn tonight

shantel: are you in dentistry school??? EWWWWW GROSS! hee heee. sorry, but people's mouths are disgusting! dog and cat mouths aren't any better. ick. i hate teeth! but that's why i appreciate you people [Wink]

shelly: oooh, your truck sounds nice! and i bet you'll find a good deal on a trailer soon. thanks for the compliments [smile] he is pretty darn fit...almost too fit. i need to get my butt in shape now to keep up with him! and yeah...the lesson was totally fun! i can't wait for the next one. ooooh changes through the walk!!! eeek. okay, now refresh my memory cause i have since forgotten in the chaos since my lesson. half pass is when you drift (hee hee, well i drift...you guys probably move fluidly and purposefully) in the direction of the bend (opposite of leg yeild...i may not be saying it right, but I know what i mean!) while still moving forward, whereas side pass is moving sideways not forwards??? man, i need to get me a book! hmmm. maybe i'll add that to my shopping list!

lauren: OMG i'm so glad you said tack of the day. i'm totally buying more of those breeches on their kerrits breech saleathon! whoo hoo. wish i hadn't just bought another pair at $51 but close enough. hee hee. oooh, fleck needs a breastplate tooo.... well maybe [smile] especially if it's navy.

luvs: oh, that's too bad. Jumping is sooo fun. course so is dressage, but... it helps give fleck and me a distraction. i thought since the one trainer was an eventer they'd have some stuff. oh well. yep, i was pysched about the jump. we've done one other prelim before too...a keyhole. not too big, but scary enough being a keyhole, so i was super thrilled. we will hopefully move up to training in eventing this year, but i don't know that we'll get past that. i am not sure i'm cut out for prelim and i thought he might have issues. but....he just keeps getting better, so we'll see.

emily: yeah... it took me forever to figure it out but last night we were talking about movies and i said teenage...oh thats' what TMNT is [smile] they all looked at me like ???? hee hee. so yeah... i grew up with them too, but wasn't super into them as i didn't have a brother. funny though. hee hee. you crack me up.... but only cause i did the flinging mud up the back of the white breeches while wearing flip flops thingy. oooh though. if you go to VTO they have their VTO brand low ride breeches in white - not full seats, but they are cheap and comfy! i only have one pair cause ...i didn't feel justified wearing them til now and i wanted to see just how dirty they would get.. [smile] don't worry! your freestyle will be fantastic! and i hope you feel better soon. that's no fun.

boocoo: sorry about the rain. major pain! hopefully it'll dry up for yah! we might MIGHT get rain soon, but hopefully it won't be a rainy week so i can get some practice in too. i'm sure you'll do fine at your show even if you can't practice more, but it sure would be nice huh?

tracy: yay that fessor seems to be feeling better. hope it continues. and good for you for wearing your helmet. i was just looking at pics... i was helmetless (although had obviously ridden earlier with a helmet as my hair was all helmety) riding bareback with just a halter and leadrope?! how is it that riding bareback in a halter is less dangerous than riding with a saddle and bridle?? oh well. i was lucky. so yay for you!

kyalli: great drawing! hee ee. naughty student!

vegas: have fun this weekend! if you get bored come on and visit me at the e-clinic in tucker! hee hee. i'll be there alllllll weekend. hee hee. hope you have fun though. maybe your mom wont' be too bad [Wink]

awwwww man! they don't have my size in the right color for the kerrit's breeches on tack of the day. MANNNNN. oh well. bummer.

wow! i paid $275 per horse for full board with 12/12 turn-out and stalls. extra $10 to blanket each month. what a steal! course 12 or so years ago in atlanta i paid $400 full board. it's just crazy to me about the turn-out. but...i guess that is what happens when land prices go up. i'm lucky mine are out 24/7 unless i lock them in with really bad weather.

thanks again to everyone for their kind words about jenny. it's getting better.

So...fleck had a chiropracter adjust him today for the first time. poor guy. she walked up and said "wow, he's a wreck".... poor baby. But she did say he was very fit and athletic looking. [smile] no-one's ever called him athletic! and then she said that he was nicely built but sorta gangly and she figures that's part of his issues. he was out in his neck, his back, his pelvis, and apparently his right pastern. huh!? she showed me a neat stretch to help realign his pastern. he was a little worried but seemed to feel pretty good today. he was neighing more than usual. it was really cute. we got home and i turned him out and later when i came out he neighed when he saw me, then i talked to him and he neighed back..this went on for like 2 minutes. it was funny. but anyways, back to the chiro... so then she thought his back might be sore from my saddle. oh no! i love LOVE my saddles. so i brought them out. my wintec pro jump fit him perfect! yay! so i thought i was good. NOPE! my silly wintec dressage is crooked! it totally sits crooked all the way down the tree so that the right side of the saddle is about a half inch lower! ackkkkk! and when she put it on him he kicked out. which he's never done before, but... argh. so i'm all bummed cause i love my saddle and it's brown...had to get it shipped from australia. so... i'm gonna contact the company and see if i can't work something out. cause i can't sell it to someone and have it screw up their horse. and i can't ride in it... and it's still in almost perfect condition. and i can't afford another one. argh... so hopefully they'll help me out. and... hopefully the adjustments will help fleck out. she also said he definately could use some adequan so i'm working on that. she told me about a generic..it's made by veritch..or something like that. called ichon... and it's cheaper and more potent. but it's not labelled for horses but that's what they developed it for. so i'm gonna look into that. so.....hopefully fleck will feel better. i'm also hoping that all of this will help him get his changes behind. he spent alot of time going in cross canter jumping the other day. so.... cross your fingers.

well, guess i should go get dinner!

oh, and the vet/chiro recommended 1-2 days off for fleck so i decided not to go school XC tomorrow. plus... i did finally get in touch with the other coach and i've got a XC lesson at the mini-place on tuesday. so yay!

[ 03-29-2007, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: FleckenAwesome ]

I had a fun lesson tonight. Thank goodness there was no video camera nearby! Since Fess has been a bit under the weather, I decided to try a bareback lesson. This on the theory that I am such a weenie about riding bareback that it would be relatively low key for Fessor. We spent an hour of walk trot, with me trying to find where I was holding tension and letting go. It started with me afraid to jog, getting into an *almost* panic mode. Think rider in a very stiff fetal position... EWWW. I could feel my thighs riding up and my shoulders coming forward, but could NOT make by body let go and get tall/long/soft. I thought I was telling the body to sit up tall and let go, but I could feel that the opposite was happening.

Heather was very patient with me. She started simply by talking me out of the worst of the tense, scared/nervous state of mind. Sometime she'd ask me to let go of a particular muscle group, other times she'd have me look around and count the slats on the jump standard or the number of bags of shavings in the stack. By the end of the hour, we were holding a jog and I was able to recover from tense, nervous moments without coming all the way down to the walk.

I love my pony! He does not like when I am tense (physically) or when I get so nervous that my brain revs going 100 mph in neutral. But he was very patient with me. No spooks, no temper, even when I was so tense that I was bouncing and pulling him slower and slower without always remembering to let go. Oh, and if I get relaxed and soft enough, he has a WONDERFUL western pleasure jog. We had a hard time holding that slow, slow jog because of my tension. But we had moments of that half a mile per hour true jog. [smile]

I just had to brag about how wonderful my blind pony is. He spent the evening "ammy-sitting" me tonight. Not too bad for a sensitive, blind boy eh? [Angel]

Tracy

First off, I would like to ONCE MORE concede to defeat to the wrath of the Dressage Chit Chat Threads...I think the last time I posted on one was on page 10 or so in Volume 15. *le sigh*

A shout-out Happy Birthday to various assortments of horses.

Gayla is good. Spectrum is alive. *ponders*. Yup, thats a wrap!

Oh, and Holly dear? Holly, my Happiness? I want to be like you when I grow up. With the Fleck attached. While everyone makes me smile, you make me laugh becaue I know that YOU are probably laughing with me. Giggle, laugh, smile, the Holly dance....

Smithereens, nice looking truck. I like the color. What engine do you have in it? I have always driven Ford Trucks also. I currently have an F-250 4 x 4, crew cab. Love, love, love my truck. Defintely don't know when I'm hauling the trailer. Yes, my trailer is a huge steel trailer. It also happens to be, xtra tall, xtra wide and xtra long, so that even adds more weight. But it gets the job done and has a huge walk in dressing room and the truck can sure handle it.

Nice drawings, Kyalii. That is a true talent. I can not even hardly draw a stick person!! [ROTFL]

Fleck is your chiro also a Vet.? I have a real good Vet./chiro here that I used in Tucson. She moved her practice here about 5 years ago. I had no idea then, that I would end up here. So Beau of course went to see her a couple of times this past winter and he is back to where he should be. My saddle was an issue last spring also, till I got my new one. They can definitely do a number on a horse if they don't fit right.

3day, it's been tack of the day here also. I got a couple pairs of full seats and one pair for show and I got a new pair of dress boots. I got the new Mtn. Horse Classic high rider dress boots. They are very nice, have the spanish tops and immediately fit and won't need much breaking in. I will start wearing them to ride here pretty soon, as soon as the ground dries up some. I don't want to get my new pretty show boots all dirty. I have the Mtn. horse Sportive's for everyday schooling.

Luv, how is the driving going and hope you got to ride.

Vegas, hope you have a good trip.

Krazy, sounds like school is going very well for you.

So I hauled to my trainers for my lesson today. Didn't know if I was going to make it or not. Yes she has an indoor, but she also has a creek that runs through her farm and you have to drive over a low water crossing to get to the barn. I called her after work and she said come on over it's fine. So I went and got Beau and hauled over there and had a truly awesome lesson. Our sitting trot work was so good that we didn't have to do it very long! So we worked on shoulder in and canter acrosss the diagnols, which weren't bad and then we started working on counter canter. We had it going right, but then he would break turning the corner to the short side, going left. But he still did very well. It was actually very fun!!!!! After I did the first side to the right, my trainer said, oh, you've done this before. I said no I haven't. She said, wow then that was really good. So I have to work on it going left. Hopefully the rain quits, so I can ride this weekend.

DobbY: that's awesome. hee hee. you made me laugh. out loud....the hubby looked at me kinda funny.... but HE just yelled at the computer! so...we're even. and yeah....holly dance....not a pretty sight. picture elaine from seinfeld dancing... [ROTFL] that's me....and that's not rolling on the floor laughing, that's how i dance! hee hee. well, not quite. but i have to be pretty drunk. and then it's still not pretty. in fact... i have it on good authority that at my bachelorette party i was twirling a pink boa and just shaking my arse! that's all i did. just shakkkkke it. but hey, that's what ghetto booties are for. [smile]

tracy: yay for bareback lessons!!! i'm proud of you and fessor. it's hard work to loosen up and relax when you're mind is saying "I'M GONNA FALL OFF!!!!" so yay for you both!

boocoo: ooooh, do you like your high rider mt horse boots? I have the sportives too and love them, but they are a bit chunky for showing. i do like the spanish tops! do they make that style in slim? hmmmmm. love tack of the day, but i am never around enough on the really good days. oh well. your lesson sounds like FUN! yay for counter canter! we always lose it too. it's hard work. i think i am like yay we did it,....oh no, we got to keep going! but....it may be a strenght issue too. but you guys will get it quick. isn't it awesome when you're first try goes fantastic! yay for you and beau! and yep, the chiro is a vet. she does alot of holistic stuff too. i was pretty impressed, but man! she is pricey! so we'll see how much this helps fleck out and ten decide if i can afford to keep doing it...or if i can afford not to! i'm also hoping that the company will replace my saddle. it's got a lifetime warranty on the tree. i'm gonna be so sad without my dressage saddle in the meantime!

so.... i'm sooo tired. probably delirious. my poor boy. i forgot to add this earlier. so.... i got in bed at 3:30 after working and got up at 7:30 to take fleck to his chiro...of which i somehow got there way early and then chiro was late! oh well. but in my sleep deprived state... i parked the trailer, went through the front and untied (so i THOUGHT) fleck and put his lead line on. Then i undid his butt bar and asked him to back up. perfect gentleman did...then stopped. and went forward. So i asked again...same thing. i'm thinking what the heck. he always unloads fine. so i ask again....and again thinking he's slipping on poo maybe? then dummy me realizes OMG i forgot to unhook him. [Duh] poor guy. tried to come off but got stuck cause he was still tied. thank god he didn't freak out on me. poor boy.... so yeah.. we opted not to ride while we waited. probably a wise decision!

alright....off to upload a few more photos then off to bed....only on number 300 of 1000.....argh.

hee hee. i'm such a DORK!

[ 03-29-2007, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: FleckenAwesome ]

Emily - Yeah, the driving school is in the Oly area. My teacher is, well, ickkk!! I don't really have a descriptive word for him. But it's easy to tune him out, he's got a really monotone voice. It will be over with soon enough! Don't stress about the freestyle, I'm sure it will all come together with more time. Especially because you haven't been able to ride consisently in awhile!! LOL its a good thing I have 2 pairs of white breeches, always good to have an extra.

Boocoo - Man, you guys are getting lots of rain!! Glad to hear you guys had a such a good lesson though, that's great. I haven't driven since Tuesday, but probably will tomorrow if there's time. I have my first drive next Wed. so I need to get some serious practice in!

Tracy - Glad to hear Fess is perking up! And congrats on the good lesson, bareback is fun and it sounds like you guys really accomplished some things.

Lauren - Yeah, $400 is NOTHING compared to what a lot of people pay!! The turnout is limited, but I guess Teddy will adjust. I think they have around 20 horses/stalls, and just not enough paddock space. They have an outdoor hogs fuel, I *think* (I'm rather spacy right now, lol) and they are about to re-do the indoor footing.

Shelly - [Eek!] $865 [Eek!] Holy crap!! More than double mine. Yikes... I really like your truck, very nice! Is it a V8?

Vegas - Sounds like you'll have a full load!!

Shantel - Man, and I thought it was 'hot' today, and it was in the low/mid 60's!!

Lisa/Kyalii - Very nice picture...I'm like Boo, I have no drawing talent!! My sister got that gene, as my mom has an Art History and Art studio undergrad, though she has a masters in teaching (she teaches 2nd/3rd mix)...she can do a lot of really neat art things, as well as my sister, but I'm lucky if I can draw a decent CIRCLE [ROTFL]

Holly - Yeah, it would be nice to have access to some XC just for fun! I am sure you guys will do great at Training. I do not know much at all about Eventing, but I heard that the Training to Prelim jump was one of the bigger leaps, so to speak. Sounds like Fleck really needed an adjustment! Thats how it was the first time Ali and Teddy got done, too.

dobby - C'mon, there is very little talking on this thread [Wink]

Teddy was a STINKER today. Very naughty. We rode outside and the bugs/gnats bugged him a lot, so he kept tossing his head up which disruped the connection each time, and sometimes he did it like 2x a cirlce. He blew through a ton of half halts too, so we had a little chit chat about that. I will get on him again before his owner's lesson tomorrow, so hopefully he will be on better behavior!

Gotta go study for a science test...

Popping in before bed. Ill reply tomorrow. Heres a pic from my cell phone of the new hair color and cut. Randy said I quote "Whoa. Youre hot!" ROFL I love him so.

-

And dont you dig the glam glasses? $13 on the Fl Turn Pike.. we were on the way back from WPB and WEF and we stopped to get food and they had this sevice station with a sunglass place and it was buy one get one 1/2 off. I got those and this other green pair. Fabulous.

Oh and Layla was perfect today. Just absolutely lovely! We did wonderful w/t/c and did LY at all 3 gaits as well. Then we worked on our serpentines and sitting trot and finished up with a big stretchy trot. She was just great. I hung around and watched Sarah ride Ben b/c she got off work early so I was able to be there. He was great too. His canter transitions are getting so much better and hes really starting to carry himself. Nice slow 3 beat canter. So we both had great rides.

Gotta close at the bank tomorrow. So I wont be home until after 6. Mucho loves~!

Megan – Have fun visiting the college!!!

Lisa/Kyalii – Nice drawings!!

Holly – Yes, side pass is sideways, no forward movement. Leg yield is forward and sideways away from the bend. Half pass is forward and sideways into the direction of bend, it is also described as “haunches-in on the diagonal” because the aids are the same – turn onto your diagonal, and ask for a haunches-in, and you will have a half pass, the forehand should lead slightly ahead of the haunches in the half pass. Make sense?? There are MANY ways to teach/develop the half pass, that is just one of them. Okay, as for books, a MUST READ for everyone is Walter Zettl’s Dressage In Harmony. Not sure it breaks down the movements with diagrams the way you want, but it will give you a training guide that will open your eyes in a whole new light. He is a true master. It is just an amazing book. I schooled over some prelim fences at UNH with Faze before I quit eventing – a MASSIVE ditch (3+ feet wide and at least a foot and a half deep), and the biggest log jump I have ever seen in my life, it was up over Faze’s chest, ok so he was only 15.2hh, but it was ENORMOUS, and just ONE log about 3 feet in diameter raised up off the ground at least a foot or more. I was sure we were going to die going over that thing. Glad to hear that chiro visit went so well. With all the work you and Fleck have been doing recently, I’m not surprised he was so out of whack. Good to hear you have decided to put him on Adequan. I’m sure he will appreciate that. Sorry to hear about the saddle. Hopefully Wintec will be able to help you sort it out. You are really lucky Fleck is such a laid back boy. That could have turned ugly in the trailer with him still being tied. He could have really panicked. What a good boy he is!!!

Tracy – Congrats!! Sounds like you had a very productive lesson. Well done!!!

Boocoo – No idea what the engine is, but since it is the top of the line in the 250’s, I imagine it is the biggest engine they put in the 250’s. It also has the whole towing package already installed so there is a whole series of buttons on the dash to individually control the electric brakes on the trailer or some such thing like that. Very sophisticated, and way over my head, but one of our friends is a professional tow truck driver, and he was dying when he saw the truck. Told me he would come haul my horse around for me with the truck!! HA!!! Glad to hear the lesson went so well. Sounds like a very productive lesson!!

McKenzie – Ick!! Sounds like it is time to break out the fly mask already for Teddy. Hate when they get to head tossing due to bugs when you are trying to ride. Fortunately, Raz never seems too bothered by bugs.

Shantel – LOVE the color and cut!!! Great glasses, too. Glad to hear Layla and Ben are going so well.

I went to ride last night. Razzle is just still so weak in that left hind. Turned into a bit of a battle to get him to use it. I had to stop and take a step back for a minute because I started playing into his fight rather than fixing the problem. Started fresh and got him to use it correctly and decided to stop while I was ahead before it got ugly again. Glad I have a lesson this weekend. Really need Julie to get us back in shape.

~Shelly~

McKenzie: naughty boy! but...gnats are very distracting. [smile] and you do need to have "discussions" every now in then. hopefully it'll be better next ride.

Shantel: that haircut is GREAT! very becoming and very glam. As are the shades! sweet. my haircut consists of a ponytail....and sometimes a braid. hee hee. but you are tempting me to try something new.

shelly: thanks for explaining that again. i'll have to try thinking haunches in next time. he was great on one direction and just crumpled on the other. but maybe some of that was him being outta whack! hee hee. poor guy. yeah.. it was a nice thing that he was good about it. poor horse! i'm really lucky, especially since he didn't have on boots or a head bumper. he's just so good about it... i do need to buy shipping boots. i get too lazy and too rushed to wrap wrap him. but oh well. i'm glad it worked out for him. he deserves not to get beat up. and i'll definately try that book! oooh, those prelim jumps sound scary! especially the ditch! we're getting over my ditch issues very very slowly. and yep, i'm about to go order some adequan now. if you go to www.kinetictechnologies.com you can see info about ichon. that's the stuff my vet/chiro recommended as the generic. actually you have to google it together cause i can't manage to find it on the website. it's not labeled for horses but that's what they made it for. and she said 2.5 mls is just as effective. so i'm gonna call around and see waht's the best deal. since i've got connections [Wink] and... i'm hoping that wintec will replace my saddle since it appears that it's the tree and they have a lifetime warranty. but to have to be without it in the meantime is sad for me. oh well.

well, off to go shopping and such. got to pick up stuff for everyone at the clinic that was so nice and helpful with jenny. and need to get some other house stuff. and find adequan and wintec numbers. have a great weekend everyone! no one is showing right? boocoo's isn't for 2 weeks right?!

I leave you ladies alone for ONE DAY and you have gone completely mad!!! Oh well, I won't even try to catch up. I skimmed over most of the posts and it sounds like everyone is doing well for the most part.

The flight over here was not that great...middle seat on a crowded 737 from Portland to Chicago, then an altogether too small commuter jet from Chicago to Harrisburg. We stayed in Harrisburg last night since our flight came in at like 11, then we took the back highway to Chambersburg this morning. We took a quick look at the campus, since the open house is not until tomorrow, and spent most of the day scoping out the necessities in town i.e. Wal-mart, bank, various tack shops, Subway...all the good stuff. Now we are in the hotel relaxing...jet lag is a killer! The campus is beautiful from what I can see, and the entire town has such a different feel than Salem. I love the town, it's so quiet and NOT going through urban and suburban development at an exponential rate! Pennsylvania is a beautiful state and I am going to love it here. I wish I could stay right now and not have to go home for another five months.

PS Holly, my mom is being just as bad as usual, if not worse. Let it be known that we do not get along famously. And like the previous poster said, you're pretty much the best! I can always count on you to make me smile and show me the brighter side...glad to hear Fleck is feeling good. Vegas definitely will get the chiro out once she can hold weight on Boo Boo Leg...she'll also get her feet done...yeah... [Roll Eyes]

Shantel - I LOVE your hair!! It looks awesome. You've got some nice glasses there, too [Razz] . Right now my hair isn't layered at all...those of you who have/like layers. what do you think of them?? Is it hard getting your hair up (specifically for riding and shows, I use a bun @ shows)...anyways, verrry nice color and cut! Sounds like Layla and Ben were great!

Shelly - That's what I was beginning to think too, and now of course today it RAINED. Crazy weather... I need a lesson too. I feel like I haven't had one in awhile, though I have one scheduled for this Sunday.

Holly - Yes, they are, well at least for Teddy!! He was rather sweaty after our ride...the bugs bothered him, but despite that he was acting like a cow. Have fun shopping!

Vegas - Sorry to hear the flight wasn't so great. I'm not a fan of planes or flying...but sounds like the campus is great, and that you will be happy there. 2 important things!!

Well I am SOOOO glad it's Friday. I'm leaving at 4:15ish to ride Teddy and give him a good grooming (he's shedding like crazy), and then his owner comes for her 'lesson' at 5:45 or 6:00. After that, I want to do a little online shopping with my mom [big Grin] . I recently ordered some toys for Teddy since he will be in a stall a lot more...he's getting a standard size Likit (and I got a multipack refill), apple scented/flavored jolly ball, and a horse "pac-a-fier". So those 3 things should keep him somewhat occupied!! I also purchased a First Aid kit from SmartPak.

[smiley Wavey]

Flecken, the Mtn. Horse High Rider Classics are really super nice. They look like dress boots, not at al clunky. Very elegant and show ring worthy. They are fully lined and super dressy. I have the Sportive's too. These are every bit as comfy from the get go. My Vet. also does some holistic stuff. She is expensive too, but well worth it and I only have to take Beau once or twice a year. It's not like he needs it all the time.

Luv, there is tons of rain. So much for being in a drought!! I hate rain. Remember that driving is like riding dressage, you have to get the feel for it!!

Krazy fun pics. Randy better think you are hot!!! [Wink]

Smithereens, is your truck gas or diesel? If it's gas it has the V8 (8 cylinders) or the V10 (10 cylinders). The cab package has nothing to do with the engine size. You can get any cab package, ie.... Lariet, XLT or XL with any of the above 3 engines in it, as long as the rear end is sthe 250. They won't put the bigger engines in the 1/2 tons. Those are the smaller V8's and V6's. Mine has the V10. Talk about horse power. I used to have one that had the diesel, but we have had two V10's now and I love that engine. It's a great towing engine. Here is a picture of it. You can see on the front of the fender over the tire where it has the V10 for the engine size. Yours will have that there, or along the bottom door panel if it is a diesel. I drove 18 wheelers over the road and then end dumps and belly dumps for 15 years!! So learned a lot about trucks and just love trucks anyway! [big Grin] Hope your lesson with Julie is wonderful!

-

[ 03-31-2007, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to catch up tonight, I tried, but I'm just too tired! So I'll just do a quick update:

Inky and I arrived at Devonwood today, safe and sound. We left Shur'tugal with three horses and got to Devonwood with two after saying our final Goodbyes to Rory. [Frown] He was a fixture around the barn for a couple years now, and he's going to be missed dearly. But he needed someone who had the time for a needy horse, and his new mommy does.

We finished unloading the trailer and let the horses eat and drink for about an hour, seeing as they had been in the trailer since 9:15AM and it was then almost 5PM. Handsome and Inky could've SWORN they were starving to death (yeah, right). I took it slow tacking up Inky because Emma wanted to move the trailer and change, so he actually got BRUSHED, and I put his white polos on so we looked all spiffin and proper (It would've looked better if I had his black pad on, but it was just washed, so I wanted it to be nice and clean for our classes tomorow).

I got on at the barns and rode him up to the indoor, we did about 5-7 minutes of walk work with some lateral work at the walk, and then another 5-10 minutes of trot work with a lot of stretching and serpentenes and stuff to loosen up his hind end, then we went ahead and cantered for a few minutes and headed into the show arena. We did a VERY rough dry run-through of our Freestyle, which wasn't NEARLY as bad as the other day, espicially since we were in an actual arena, and the arena we will be riding it in, at that! I only forgot serpentene, but fixed it, everything else went rather smoothly. I think the hardest part was riding around the other horses who had no idea where I was going because it was a Freestyle. We did a sound check and most of the other horses in the arena started to freak, even though Devonwood always runs music in that arena, just not that loud. So the lady warned everyone we were doing a soundcheck and those who needed to leave, left, and those who braved it, stayed. It was good. I'm more-or-less gaurenteed two first places, seeing as I'm the only one riding a freestyle at this show. Woot!

To answer the question of many: All my music is from Moulin Rouge, but I'm going to wind up having to change it because it's turning out to be too slow for my now forward horse.

Sorry for the novel, I haven't been this proud of my horse in a long time. I ride better at Devonwood for some reason... Hmm... [Question]

I will try to update more tomorow or sunday, if not, it'll be monday. Goodnight to all, and Good luck for shows and clinics!

Edited for this: Lisa- OMGWTLOST!

[ 03-31-2007, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: SpotsAtX ]

Booocoo - Love your truck!! Seems like it could easily haul your 3-horse.

Emily - Good luck at the show!! Devonwood is a lot of fun, as you obviously know. The show grounds are so nice, too. Can't wait to hear how you did!!

[smiley Wavey]