Sign in to follow this  
smithereens_86

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 15!!

Emily - Haha, while watching Lost last night (OMG - do I ever respond to an ep differently?) I used my cell phone to figure out how far ahead of us you were. -lame-

I'll reply to everybody else later!

McKenzie: Aaaahhhh, I wish I had a break between HS and college, that would have been nice, but whatev...maybe I'll take a break between college and the real world. Believe me kid, HS is some of the best times of your life, even if it seems like **** at the time...I mean, it is ****, but it's good times too, so it's like good times **** (shrugs shoulders at own confusion...) Yeah, I was really happy to ride, so was she!! Have fun at the mall with everyone...I for surely need to go shopping...

Emily: WOOOT Taiwan!! Hahaha I would just watch taiwanese soap operas all day and 'translate' them into my own dialogue...I do that with the ones in spanish, but hey I am a loser so what can I say?? Haha like none of my tack matches, except for my show stuff...I'll find something that's good and cheap and be like 'Hey, that's great for schooling' meanwhile the object I picked out is hot pink, while everything else is orange, teal, or lavender...you're lucky I had a lesson right after that ride, because I was wearing my nice boots and half chaps, instead of my cheap $30 black paddocks and brown suede schooling half chaps...yeah...poor college student, what can I say?

quote:

Originally posted by Kyalii:

Emily - Haha, while watching Lost last night (OMG - do I ever respond to an ep differently?) I used my cell phone to figure out how far ahead of us you were. -lame-

I'll reply to everybody else later!

Subtract five hours and switch AM/PM. =p I only have to add 3 to make it West Coast... I had to think about it how to do it for you. Lmao. Yes, I'm posting at 1AM my time beacuse OMG I can't sleep that's what happens when you fall asleep at 4PM with the beginings of a migraine and don't wake up till midnight. [Frown] (Also, can you talk to Lindsey and tell her I'm alive?)

I learned something new today. You can't watch ABC.com unless you're in the US (Maybe canada? It told me US). So Basicially... No Lost or Dancing With the Stars or Greys Anatomy till I get home. [Me Cry]

I lied. I think you ADD one hour and switch AM/PM? Maybe? But that doesn't make any sense... If I'm 17 hours off from home it doesn't make sense if I was 12 hours off from East Coast... Whatever... Maybe someone else'll figure it out for me.

I haven't forgotten you all I just typed the whole thing out and clicked post. Apparently I had too many smileys and it deleted it all so I'll have to come back later and type it all again. Grrr. [Mad][Me Cry] Hope everyone has a good day/night! [smiley Wavey]

[ 04-19-2007, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

lauren: shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake that booootieee. that one?!! or am i still off. there must be lots of shake it songs [smile] so whats your new major? hee hee. i just suck at papers in general. we planted coiny looking things, rose campion, lilies, and... can't remember what else, but a few things. anyways, no tripping in my lesson! yay! oooh, sounds like you got a lot of fun summer stuff planned. have a blast and get pics! good luck with the shows and clinics. and... i have video of my lesson...well some of it. but...still can't upload it, so i'll have to wait til i get the i-link thingymabob!

megan: yeah... i'm wishing i had never switched to vista, but... sorta stuck now i suppose. tomorrow i'm going to best buy and sitting down with the geeks and making them show me exactly how to get my video. i've managed to figure out the photos, but... video's still not working. so...we'll see. hee hee. that mental picture was great! hope vegas gets her strength back soon. i bet she will! and maybe you will get to do that clinic! or is it a show? either way, good lucK!

mcKenzie. yep, shoes on all four. and he's probably 1400 lbs of muscle. he's a beefy boy. but luckily i'm quick on my feet and managed to avoid the toes. so... he's just a big fat dork! ummmm subway! yummy. and yeah... i was so excited today cause my trainer watched my lengthen and she said my tempo or beat or rhythm didn't change. whatever! we didn't speed up! YAY!

emily: wow 17 hours...that's a heck of a flight. and with all poopy movies. bummer. i bet you are all confused. that's how i feel after overnights. i'll tell clients...why don't you go get some lunch while we run bloodwork and they're like...it's 11 pm??!! hee hee. have fun though! crazy woman! i'm just gonna not worry about what time it is for you! hee hee. hope your migraine is better. i had one today too..... (and BAD me cause i still haven't made a doc appt.)

lightning: ARGHHHH i hate hate hate that. in fact, i'm beginning to loathe my computer. good thing it behaves some of the time, or i'd go office space on it. hee hee. have you seen that movie?! it's awesome. they tear into a printer after they get fired or quit or something like that.

anyways....so yeah.. had my lesson and YAY! Fleck is SOOO PRETTY! i was just getting blue about things cause he was doing so well and then all of sudden ackkk i can't ride in shows and the only pics i have are show pics. So i started thinking maybe i think he's so much better than he is.. which is probably true, but... he sure did look purty today! and when i asked my trainer about counter canter she had me do the serpentine thing again. so i'll try the diagonal thingy at home. he's definately weaker going to the right and tends to bend at the neck and fall in. so we're gonna work on sitting up and half halting and rocking him back and keeping him straigher. and... now that i saw the video shelly (Which...where are you?!) i totally see how the first part isn't a baby canter half pass. it makes so much more sense now that i saw it. and saw what horrid mistakes i was doing. i might start videoing all my rides at home so i can yell at myself after [Wink] and then we did some leg yeilds and lengthens and i'm so bummed. at first i had the camera on the rail and got most of my ride, but then my friend taped. well, when she was done she put it back on the rail but instead of facing the whole arena, she had it just in the corner. so i didn't get to see vids of my lengthens and leg yields. BUT.... my trainer said my lengthens were getting much better and though he's not super consistent, he's not speeding up or changing his tempo. so yah for that. and then on the leg yields, he's obviously much weaker when we travel left so we worked on that. instead of me just hanging on that outside rein, she had me half halt and release and half halt and release. and then i also released my leg pressure intermittently, and it made a big difference. still not there yet, but getting better. so yeah.... i think things were going so well and progressing so well we both got a bit big for our britches. i got too excited and forgot to really ride and mr fleck got a bit too expressive in his gaits and then we'd fall apart. so... we're taking it slow again and gonna get it right. no more dressage shows for a bit. i've got the dressage in the three phases, so i'll keep working on it but it's just training level dressage without any fun stuff (bummer) but that means i won't have to feel pressured and stressed about it. so hopefully by the time the next dressage show rolls around we'll be super ready. and... i'll be working on the higher stuff so it should be easy to do well in the lower level stuff. except for ...it's not. but i'll figure it out. anyways, i'm blabbing. better get to bed soon too. i've got to work 6 am to 9 am, then back again from 5:30 pm to 1 am, and then sat and sun. so... i might not be back on til monday. but hopefully i'll get to best buy and have them figure out my video stuff so i can share!

have a great weekend. good luck to anyone who's showing or clinicing.

holly

Emily - Hahaha yeah, blonde moment. Glad you are safe and sound in Taiwan....17 hours [shocked] jeez!! The TV situation doesn't sound too great though [Frown] . Hope the trip is fun!

Megan - lol yup, I'm enjoying everything I can now. Shopping was fun (see below)!

LST - OMG things like that drive me NUTS!!

Holly - You most definitely wouldn't want 1400lbs. + shoes on ANY part of your body!! Yeah, I lloooveeeee Subway [big Grin] . That's the hardest part really of lengthenings to master, the LONGER steps, not faster/running. So that's awesome!!

Shopping was fun yesterday, though my friend couldn't come along. I got a t-shirt, a skirt, tights (to go w/ skirt), a tank top and a shirt. Now I just need to get a bathing suit and another pair of flip flops and I'll be set. I also ordered a pair of above-the-knee-length shorts that should come soon!

I am riding Nugget this weekend like usual, and am riding Teddy and teaching his owner tonight. Hopefully all will go well. If anyone is interested in seeing Nugget and I, there is a short video clip and picutures on his website. You can PM me, or request a PM, and I can send you the link to the site as I do not have permission to post them here. But I'm happy to share them via PM's!

[smiley Wavey]

Megan - yay Vegas! I love her colouring!

Lauren - ewww, Econ. I'm taking CP Econ right now and its absolutely complete crap. We do NOTHING in there, I've barely learned anything all year, except that the Enron guys were bad, and McDonalds food is really gross (we watched SuperSize Me). I'm hoping to completely avoid econ when I get to college if at all possible!

McKenzie - So lucky you get to sleep in!

Holly - sometimes videotaping your ride is great, like a mini lesson you can give yourself. Or if you tape lessons, you can hear you trainer's instructions (commands) again and again. That always helps me. I have a couple of taped lessons that when I need a riding boost I watch. Something in there always seems to manage to apply to what I'm struggling with now. Good to hear Flecks doing well!

So vet came (like, 2 hours late, haha. Foaling season does that) and looked at Cinn. Basically, shes lame all over. Not good words. But the vet doesnt think shes hopeless, and for her age shes doing well (she'll be 22 on Monday). So rest, some bute, and we're changing her joint supplement to something much more potent.

And yet, I still get this bad feeling, like I should be retiring her. I don't know what to do right now. Blaaah

In other news, Hattans going great and we have a clinic this weekend! And we started dissecting the cats yesterday in AP Bio, and I crossed off Surgeon as a possible career from my list. Me with a scalpel? Scary. Of course, considering that every disection I've ever done I've destroyed something (the squid's ink sac, the frog's heart, the pig's liver...), this probably shouldn't have come as a surprise. And for the record, skining a cat's face? Sickeningly satisfying.

Time Differences suck, for those of you who didn't know that.

Holly - Haha, offering Lunch at 11pm... You make my day... Videoing always helps with rides. There's a lady at our barn who thinks her horse is always on the bit and nice and through but he's not because she's afraid to put his last button to make him there, and she doesn't know it. We're all trying to get up the nerve to offer to video... -sigh- Part of me wishes I had your work hours... then I remember that that would suck. [Razz]

McKenzie - I had books... and my Laptop... so... Overall I was good. It just sucks having to sit still for 9 hours (Sucks more because I've broken my tailbone before). Yay for shopping! Too bad your friend couldn't go, but it sounds like you got some cool stuff! Ooooh! Can you PM me Nuggets info? He sounds so cute!

Lisa - -snorts- I just got this terrible image of you having this sheet of paper looking something like this: House(GP) > McDreamy(Surgeon). You know I love you. I still need to get you hooked on GA, seeing as you got me semi-hooked on SPN... My turn to return to favour! ...again.

I went Window shopping in the hotel last night... Everythings too expensive for me to buy... To give you guys an idea of what shops are in this hotel: There's a Harry Winston shop in the LOBBY. Yeaaaah. Cocktail party late morning, getting nails done at 3, reception at 6/6:30ish. I'm so excited!

Lisa - Yeah, I LOVE sleeping in. Sooo nice! However, today I had to wake up at like 6am because I had to go into my mom's classroom, but still, I can't complain! Glad to hear Hattan is going well, and let us know how the clinic goes [smile]

Emily - That's good you have your laptop, I'd probably die otherwise!! Ohhhhh, getting manicures (and pedicures) are so fun! I'm sure the wedding will be a blast. And sounds like there are some fancy shops [Wink] . I'll go ahead and PM you the info in a sec!

Teddy was pretty good tonight and we got some good changes so I was stoked about that!! And he was good for his owner which was nice as well. I am riding Nugget on Sunday, which will be fun, and since my trainer is in Las Vegas for the World Cup, I am lunging two of her horses.

[smiley Wavey]

AAAAHHHHH you guys chatted without me!!! Oh well, I expected that...I'm pretty much living at the fairgrounds right now, since my kidlets are at their last qualifying meet before state for high school equestrian...everything is going well there, my favorite little girl (did I say that out loud?) is a freshman and has an AWESOME horse, and she won her over fences class which is totally cool, especially since she was not able to show the first qualifying round due to a back injury. All my other girls are doing well too.

Tomorrow I am going helmet shopping with the $400 tuition refund check I got...WOOT Charles Owen J3 here I come!

Vegas is doing well, we rode again today and did some flexion and collecion and school figures. She remembers everything, but she just needs to build up the stength to hold it and do it...our circles look like, well, nothing, they're everywhere...oh well, it's looking like I can take he to my show next weekend though since it is all rail classes, and those are physically easy for her. Tomorrow we re-introduce the canter on the longe, woot woot!

Lets try this again...

Boocoo - What an odd horse! Hopefully he will be moved before he causes himself or someone else any more damage.

Lauren - Yay! sounds like an awesome lesson. Haha I thought of the same 2 songs as Holly, Shake that Boooootyyyy! [Razz]

Lisa - Congratulations! 20 pounds, you go girl [Yay] Sounds like you've got yourself a great Doctor too. Sorry to hear about Cinn.

Megan - Oooh dried rice, we only ever got sand or water to play in. But rice sounds a lot more fun [big Grin] YAY! you can ride Vegas again!!

LMAO I just read your siggy and (no I'm not blonde) read it as "CK Vegas Blue Star etc etc. (we think) mare. " As in you think she's a mare, not you think that's her breeding. [Duh] Can I sit next to Fleck on the short bus??

Holly - Poor Fleckers faceplanted it. I think it's a short bus filled with appaloosas. My friends appy stood at the water tub today and let us wet leaves and stick them to his forehead. He then walked away with them still stuck there [Duh] I don't think I have seen that movie? But I'm going to be very angry..and probably cry if this one doesn't work. I would normally copy it in case it did disappear but this time I thought Noooo why bother...grr

Emily - Taiwan! Cool [smile] Stay safe and have a great time! I stopped trying to make sense of time differences a long time ago.

Not much happening, Lightning is being the good boy he always is, and I'm being the "could be better rider" I always am [big Grin] The farrier came the other day and Lightning was the only one that stood without fuss, he's so good. LOL.

So now I'm going to copy this before I press post. Wish me luck as I press the darn thing............

Vegas Sky- I'll keep my fingers cross that your mare will stay healthy and sound for you. That's great that all your kiddies are doing well at the show! GJ Ohh I have the Charles Owen J3 helmet too. You can razzle and dazzle it all up (for me it's my XC colors) I only wear it for XC though. I just got a charles owen Show Jumping XP for Stadium and dressage.

McKenzie- Awh nugget is very cute! Looks like his training is coming along. that's awesome that you got changes out of Teddy and that he was good for the owner. [smile] oooo you bought a skirt! cute! I haven't worn/bought a skirt in forever!! I can never build up enough courage to wear one...and actually I really have no desire too. Oh wait a minute I take that back...I did wear a skirt like a year ago when i was in the Bahamams. But anyways sounds like you have a fun time shopping!!!

Emily- glad that you arrived safe and sound. hahaha sounds like the tv over there is wacked out! Have a great time and enjoy yourself

Holly- YESSSSS that's the song. I have no idea who sings it. shake shake shake. I so want it for my ring tone now. My new major is Business Management...mmeeep. Get those videos uploaded girl! And thanks, good luck to you too! Sounds like you had a fun and very productive lesson! Awh Fleck is turning into a dressage horse. yay! It takes more muscling and development or them to really get the thrusting and lifting power from behind. You'll see it increments and then he'll fall back on the forehand and fall apart some. It's just a green thing. I've been through it...and am going through it yet again but w/ Scotch this time. You'll kick booty at the events and the dressage shows too!! Have a great weekend, i know we won't hear from you for a couple more days.

Kyalii- haha yes definatley stay away from all Econ classes!! I wish we did nothing...this course is a very fast moving kind. Lots of graphs, theories, calculations etc etc. It sucks big ones. And next semester I have to take STATS! totally not looking forward too. Awh no I hope that your vet can fix up your mare! Glad to hear hattan is doing well and have fun at the clinic. Oooo dissecting always fun! haha you destory everything sounds like a good idea to take Surgery off your list [Wink]

LTS- haha its the shake shake shake...omg i have to see if i can find the song online. and i will go do that right now. Good boy Lightning for standing for the farrier. What a star

phew. lots of chatting. Scotch was great on Thursday night. Did some jumping and I set up an oxer. He hasn't jumped one since erhmm last September. But he didnt' refuse he was just a bit wiggly coming down the line to it. But a bit encouragement from leg he was like oh ok. And after that he was a jumping maniac. Worked all day yesterday and then went to a Mark Kay party....lol. I didn't buy anything b/c i'm not that big into it. But afterwards I went to a "chimmenea party". haha fun times! I didn't get home till almost 2:30am. Crazy kids there! I was the youngest...everyone was 25 and up and most definately more sober than anyone there. I drank 2 twisted teas over the entire 5 hours. And then I made s'mores for everyone.

Now i'm off to ride my lil man...and try to go for a hack around the property. This will be interesting trying to find places to hack around here.

Have a great day all!

Hey everyone! I will read everyone' updates soon I promise, but I actually have to do and write up some type of essay for my confirmation this May in my synagogue. Now I truly regret accepting the Vice President position!

As for Gayla, well, exactly a week ago from today was one of our worst rides to date. Weather prevented me from riding her until Tuesday, where she decided cantering instead of trotting for the first ten minutes of our ride was the BEST option, particulary affront of our trainer who I just bragged to about how much better she was getting. [Duh] Gayla my dear, your timing is impeccable. I scheduled a lesson for this past Thursday instead of Friday because of my birthday part (2 weeks late but wonderful). We quite literally spent 10 minutes at the walk working on my horrid, horrid equitation. I didn't get as much of a stretchy trot from her but it was more consistent so I was pleased. Today, the ride was much better. Not great, not spectacular, but I was pleased that she settled down into the canter. One canter transition was very, very hairy but Gayla isn't a horse you can go after; you simply fix it, tell its okay, end the canter on the best possible note, let her trot and work out any tenseness.

As for Spectrum, he is fine. He lost some weight, but he is very nice and even stretched his head down a bit in the canter today. My last real ride with him (whew! so long ago due to crazy lesson schedule kids) was so good I wanted to skip school the next day and enter into every single Pleasure Pony class! I got permission today to do so from my trainer, and discovered that Spectrum sticks a bit over 14 hands. Shorty. [Razz]

I hope everyone is fine and that every horse is doing great!

Emily - House is NOT a general practitioner! Hes a double board-certified specialist in infectious diseases and nephrology. And according to the show, hes also part surgeon, part radiology tech, part radiological diagnostician, part... well you get the point. JEEZ! GET IT RIGHT. Come back to the US quickly, I wanna talk to you! -pouts-

McKenzie - yeah, sleeping in doesn't happen for me this weekend! I was up at 6 today to be at the barn by 6:30 (thank God I live 5 minutes away!) to feed hattan for my 8 am clinic ride. And tommorrow I'm feeding for a friend at the barn, so another 6 am wakeup! BLECH!

Vegas - Whoo shopping! Glad to hear Vegas is doing well, keep us updated!

Lauren - ewwwww! Yeah, my teacher tried graphs for the first... day? Haha, and then he just decided it wasn't worth it (or something) and we've done nothing the rest of the semester. Though we are eventually going to build a 'financial plan'

ilovedobby - haha, my horse enjoys proving me wrong too. Or the classic 'oh trainer, Hattan has been going so amazing lately, I can't wait for our lesson so I can show you and we can work on more!' and then Hattan goes lame. Horses [Roll Eyes] .

So the clinic? AWESOME. In our flat lesson, we worked a lot on my posture (apparently I ride like an eventer. Haha, never would have guessed that one) and then controlling the outside shoulder. I didn't really realise how much I ignored it until she put us in exercises where all of the sudden you needed to control the outside shoulder - and it wasn't there. Hattan was working so well by the end of that lesson though, I was very pleased.

My jumping lesson was... Well it went really well, and I got one piece of advice/help that really changed a lot, but I was put in a semi-private with a girl working with a green off the track thoroughbred. So the clinician was pretty much forced to work on us seperately, which meant a lot of time sitting watching this horse trot/canter/gallop insanely around and around in circles. That didn't make me so happy, but the clinician worked well with the bad situation. While the other girl only did a few exercises, Hattan and I did our first full course in quite a while. And he was so good! Really listening. Remembering to sit up and open my shoulders instead of riding 'rough and ready' like I tend to do helped me control Hattan around one curve especially and we met our oxer well every time (oxers aren't always the best with Mr. Hattan). I was really pleased!

I also got to work with one of our unrated PCers who needed her flowchart checked off so she can rate in June. I love checking off flowcharts, and this girl is just so unbelievably sweet, such a nice girl to work with. It occurred to me today, I teach exactly like my trainer does. Or at least very similarly. Like, I caught myself saying the exact same things as he does. Made me laugh.

Alright off to watch Untold Stories of the ER (I am SUCH A GEEK) and do crunches (blech! but my core strength = fail).

Megan - Ohhh, $400...that's nice [Wink] I need a new schooling helmet, actually. Sounds like Vegas is progressing nicely, keep us updated! Congrats on your students, too, teaching AND riding are two different skills, and it sounds like you have both [smile]

Lauren - He is, huh?! I really like him! He's a perfect size for me...almost 13.2h! lol. Gotta love those ponies [Razz] . Yeah, I haven't bought a skirt in FOREVER. It's like the only one I have. Sounds like lil Scotch is doing well, and hope your hack goes well!

dobby - Ahhh, that seems to always happen. "Yeah, he was GREAT yesterday, no problems!" and the next ride is crappy [Roll Eyes] Horses sure do keep things 'interesting', lol! Hehe, Teddy and Ali are shorties too. Ali is 14.2 and Teddy is 14.3.

Lisa - Yeah, I got up at like 9:00am this morning. 6am both days? Ick!! Wow, what a great clinic - seems like it was very productive, that's awesome. Any pictures? [big Grin]

I didn't get to ride today, but cleaned Ali up, braided her mane, and took some pictures. Unfortunately for me, it was raining, and no one else was at the barn to hold her, so I had to take them inside and the lighting isn't too great. I got a couple ones I may send to people interested in her, but not sure yet. I got some cute ones of Teddy, and him laying down in his paddock. I'll have to get them on the computer some day and post 'em. I also lunged one of my trainers horses since she's in Vegas for the World Cup, but will be lunging both tomorrow. Also riding Nugget, so I'm excited.

[smiley Wavey]

I'll catch up with everyone later, Just a quick update.

Wedding was gorgeous! We got to go to the Cocktail party eairler in the day as well which means we're considered family. The wedding consisted of a like... 7 course dinner... I felt like I was going to explode. They were so happy, and so adorable, and so in love. I couldn't understand most of what was happening because it was all in chineese, so it was a "clap when everyone else does" type of thing. My dad made a speech and managed to not embarass himself. I took some myspace pictures of me in my dress, so I'll upload them when I get home, seeing as I didn't bring my connecter cord.

Stay safe everyone and have good weekends. [smile]

Short update from Iowa... Fessor is going well, but now officially needs to lose some weight. I *thought* he was looking a bit pudgy, but the trainer said he looked ok. Until our lesson Thursday night that is. So I've cut his grain, and hopefully I'll have time for longer rides once classes end the end of next week. I'll have two weeks off after finals, then a summer class that meets two hours a morning all week long. I probably ought to try and find a part time job, but we'll see.

I was afraid to jinx us so I didn't mention our plans. Yesterday, Fessor and I made our Iowa show debut. It was our first time off the property since moving in late last summer, and our first show since he went blind. Fessor was *fantastic*. We competed in a few classes at a local hunter/jumping schooling show. I'll post a thread about it, but the short version is that I am THRILLED with how it went!

Tracy

edited because I cannot spell this morning...

[ 04-22-2007, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: TracyA ]

LST: Haha the way I originally wrote that part of my siggy I had the (we think) part at the end, so it really did look like I didn't know what sex she was!!! Yeah, the rice bathtub was flipping awesome!!

McKenzie: You're right, teaching and riding are totally different. I have only started teaching within the last 8 months or so, and not very intensely, so I am still very much an 'apprentice' trainer, but I love working with my mentor(s) and my kids to improve my skills.

So, I got my new J3 and it is like flipping awesome dude! I have never worn a helmet so comfortable...I also got a leather lead to match Vegas's halter that I got her in PA, a new dressage stock tie (does anyone know how to work the pre-tied kind???) some new riding gloves, a really cute stationery set with little stirrup irons on it, and then at a tack shop that was closing out I got a set of open front boots and fetlock boots that are waxed leather for $50 for all four...score!!! They are the kind with the buckle straps too, so they are really nice and for show only [big Grin]

My kids all did well at the show, and I am proud of all of them. The drill team was not very good though...our drill is eight riders, which is the whole team minus one girl who couldn't do it due to an injury. Anyway, one of the most important things when riding drill is to ride together as one team working for each other. When a team rides as individuals out in the ring together as coincidence, the drill just tends to fall apart. Well, that's exactly what happened last night. The pattern went at about 50% of what they are capable of doing. They still got third, even though they didn't really deserve it. I took them all, along with the team captain and had a talk about team unity and what it means to be a part of a team and to ride as a team, and that the best way to do that is to be friends with ALL the girls on the team...anyway, they are going to spend some quality time together before state, because they are going to state in drill in four weeks...

Not much else going on, the show is on Saturday so I am getting the Vegas ready for that. We clipped legs today (always the official sign that show season has started) and we rode the canter for the first time since the accident. She did really well, but I am really feeling that her back and hips are out of whack (surprise surprise...I wonder why [Question] ) especially at the trot tracking right. She doesn't want to bend that way either. So hopefully I can get the chiro out before the show. I have a new farrier too, since I had to fire my last one, and Vegas can finally hold herself up on Boo Boo Leg long enough to be reshod.

HI ALL!!!! I’m back from vacation. Didn’t go anywhere, but I’m back at work. I’ll give you all the brief update, then catch up with everyone as soon as I can. Last weekend with the parents was nice, then I tried to squeeze a lesson in with Julie last Sunday after my parents left. Raz was fine when I was tacking up, but as soon as I walked into the ring, I knew something was off. Not sure what exactly, but something wasn’t right. I just couldn’t place my finger on what exactly was wrong, it was off enough though that I commented on it to the only other person in the arena. I led him to the mounting block, swung up onto his back, he took two HUGE walk strides forward, I commented that we were going to have an energetic ride, and he took off bucking and bolting for all he was worth. I stayed on all the way across the arena, but I could NOT get him stopped. I finally came off of him hard in the opposite corner from the mounting block, and he continued on bucking and bolting. Took all the barn workers, me and Julie and a bucket a grain 10 full minutes to catch him. We pulled the saddle off to see if something was pinching him, but that looked fine. He was still bug eyed. We retacked. I longed him for 15 minutes or so, and he finally started to settle down somewhat and relax, so Julie had me mount up. Just trying to get a working trot rising, and he was ear pinning and head shaking, so Julie had me stop and get off and call the vet. Something was clearly very wrong. Vet said she would be there Tuesday. OK. Longed him Monday, and he was perfectly normal. Vet came on Tuesday and spent TWO HOURS going over him with a fine tooth comb. I have never seen such a thorough exam, and best she can figure it was one of two things, either I somehow managed to pinch him with the saddle pad or girth which we all doubt, or else when the chiro was done the Tuesday before, it pinched a nerve or made him muscle sore and the light ride he had on Friday, pushed him over the edge. The vet said to chalk it up to a “tweaked out” day and the next time we chiro him, put him on some muscle relaxants for a week just in case. I’m fine. I have a bruised tailbone, but he tossed me into the corner of the arena, so my options were to land on my tailbone, roll into the wall, or roll into his feet. I went for landing on the tailbone. I’m still limping around very sore. Of course, I then had a lesson with Julie on Wednesday and Thursday. Schooled Razzle lightly on Friday and had the clinic with Barend on Saturday. Should have rested yesterday, but instead did a ton of yard work around the house. Needless to say, I’m still a hurting girl!!!!

Clinic was AMAZING!!!! I prepped Barend before my ride and told him about the fall I had and my bruised tailbone, so I told him to work me extra hard to keep my mind off the pain or the ride wouldn’t go well!!! Well work me hard he did!! We started with a collected trot and worked a ton of lateral work. Then Barend had me take him a lot deeper and rounder than I usually have him, not a ton. Only a difference of lowering the poll maybe 4-5 inches, and IF he came slightly behind the vertical, whatever, don’t fuss over it right now, just get the poll lower and rounder. He said that Raz carries his poll so high that he has trouble using his back in the canter walk transitions so in order to school them, I need to teach him to lower his poll so that he can learn that it is easier from there, then he will relax and come into the contact better with his poll there. It took A LOT of canter walk transitions, spiraling in with a shoulder fore postitioning to get him to believe, but Raz finally let go with his withers and relaxed, then he came through with his back in the transition rather than tensing in the transition which is what I usually get. We finished up with some medium trot work and some trot half pass work. When we finished up the ride, Barend said we have three very clear gaits – collected, working and medium, with nice transitions in and out of them.

Barend asked me what level I was going to show him, I said 2-1 and 2-2, and he said excellent, that was exactly where we should be, Raz was definitely ready for 2nd level. So YEAH because I’m not feeling all that ready!!! I’ve never gotten such a definitely YOU’RE READY before. I’m used to being put in my place and hearing NOT YET. Of course, I had a MASSIVE panic attack this morning when I realized the show was only 2 weeks away. I have been thinking May, plenty of time, May. OK, but that’s only 2 WEEKS away!!! OMG!!!!

So that’s my update. Hope everyone is doing well. I’ll catch up with you all as soon as I can – in between my panicking over this upcoming show.

~Shelly~

kyalli: yep, i totally was like "oh yeah, i remember that when she said that it totally worked" hee hee. so i'm hoping to video lots more. and... i think i may have figured it out finally. well, atleast gotten all the proper equipment, so you guys might get video soon!! ahhh, dissection.. fun at first, stinky at the end! and yeah..the magic of keeping that outside shoulder... fleck gets ridden in a pretend we're gonna shoulder in the ENTIRE ride or he'll pop that baby out and away we go! glad the clinic was awesome!

megan: glad to hear vegas is doing better! and all your little kids are doing well. how neat! good for you for telling them about the team stuff. hope the do better with it. and awesome on the shopping spree. i love closeouts and good deals!

lightning: that cracked me up! i'm so tempted to go out and stick leaves on fleck. course i figure he won't care as he let me do this to him!

-

lauren: thanks! fleck is such a stud. and i think i'll figure out the video's soon. whoo hoo. though you guys might regret it. glad you had good rides too. and awesome about the jumping. whoo hoo

dobby: awww. i didn't realize spectrum was such a shorty. and good for you for not picking fights with gayla. you have to schmooze the mares! although i picked my fair share of fights with roany. it was fun though! hee hee.

luvs; ah, shorty ponies! i measured fleck today and he's 16.1!!! roany was 14.3 though. just tall enough to be a horse. ah well. can't wait for pics!

emily: glad you had a good time at the wedding. how neat that it was in chinese, but i suppose that makes sense [Wink] have a safe trip home.

shelly: yay you're back! good grief! sounds like a wild ride. hope your tailbone feels better soon. that sucks. poor raz. wonder what it was??? That's awesome about the clinic. sounds like you got some great work and made great things even better. and you're ready! you guys will do awesome at your show! as long as raz doesn't turn into a bucking bronc again! hee hee. silly boy. but how exiciting. it's amazing how quickly the month has gone by. can't wait for pics! i wanna see some 2nd level stuff! so i can drool and work really really really hard and...eventaully get there maybe hopefully.... [smile]

so.... this weekend kicked my butt! i worked friday morning and friday evening, then ended up working 17 hours on saturday. luckily sunday i got to come in 3 hours later, but then pretty much went immediately to surgery. i'm officially an ER veteran! i cut a bloat (the TRUE life threatening emergency...do surgery now or dog dies!!!) in the treatment area! i've done a bloat before but this time they were already in surgery and dog needed surgery right now, so we did surgery in the treatment area. it actually wasn't too bad. so luckily i got to leave on time sunday, so.. it wasn't quite as bad as it could have been. today i did a bunch of errands... AND i think i got stuff to do videos, so i'm about to go play with that [smile]

and... i did get to ride. Pony was FANTASTIC! our leg yields felt as good as they've been ever. and so much better on his bad side. my lesson tricks worked. so i'm super excited about that. we also tried the counter canter again but a different tactic and wow... flecky needs much more strength but he tried and was good. managed to not fall on his face, which is always a bonus [Wink] thursday i've got a lesson, and... i get to go to the schooling HT so i'll get a good practice in before the championships, and...atleast 2 of my friends are going and hopefully my trainer. so now it's gonna be super fun. wahooo.

alright, off to figure out this video stuff. you guys might regret this [Wink]

oh, and sorry my replies were not that great.... sorta brain fried!

Oh. My. Goodness.

Theres like.. 5 pages of stuff Ive missed. I guess tomorrow when I get home from training Ill try to catch up.

Ive been MIA b/c I went out of town for my cousins wedding, which was great BTW. Then we have been looking for a car since we both have big trucks..

Well yesterday we bought a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE v6. Its PIMPED to the max. The only thing it doesnt have is the Navigation and the seat warmers. But its tight. Will have to post pics soon.

We have a show on Sunday.. so I got to find time between EVERYTHING else to practice and get prepped for that. Im showing T2 and T4 (prefer them b/c of all the changes in direction and what not.. keeps her busy). And Sarah is debuting Ben at Intro B (her first show on him.. his 2nd as I rode him in his first last May).

So thats that. Im EXHAUSTED and have to get up uber early for training on security for the bank. At least I can come home and relax before school.

Good night Ladies!

Emily - Sounds like you had a great time in Taiwan [big Grin]

Tracy - I'm sure you'll have Fess back in shape in no time. I saw and posted on your show update post, you guys rocked! I know you're quite proud, and most definitely should be (of him AND you!).

Megan - I like teaching a lot too. I "give lessons" to Teddy's owner. Of course it helps I know him really well, since I lease him, but it is a lot of fun. And a good skill to have.

Shelly - WOW! Quite the ride. Sounds like Raz gave you a run for your money. But from what I know of him, it sounds like it would be out of pain vs. being naughty...he doesn't seem like the type of horse to pull that kind of thing. And a 2 hour vet exam, that must've been extremly thorough. Sounds like you have a great vet!! So glad to hear the clinic went well, and it's good he told you that you were ready, because I am sure you are. And it says something if a clinician you've ridden with once (?) before is saying that. I know that feeling. I don't feel 100% prepared right now to go out and show solid 2nd Level. But I am anyways, haha. I KNOW Teddy and I can do it, but putting it all together at a show is a bit different. However, I am sure you and Raz will do just fine. Its funny how shows sneak up on you...the opening date for my June rated show is TODAY!! Oops. Gotta get my entry signed by the trainer and sent out soon. Hope that tailbone feels better soon!

Holly - Jeez louise, talk about long hours!! Dang girl, you must've been dead tired!! Haha LOVE the Fleck picture, that's hilarious. He sure is a big boy! And congrats on the successful surgery, I imagine being an ER vet isn't easy to say the least.

Shantel - Congrats on the car purchase...we do need pics [Wink] !! I have heard nothing but good things about Toyota's. Hope the show goes well, I am sure you and Miss Layla will kick some booty.

Don't have time to do much of an update here....but had my 4th drive, called City II. It went fine and I passed so all is well. Just one drive (freeway) to go before I'm done! Driver's Ed doesn't end until May 21st though. Ick.

Night all!

dobby - Hehe Gayla's such a girl [Razz]

Lisa - Sounds like an awesome clinic!

Emily - mmmm 7 courses [Cool] SOunds like a great wedding.

Megan - sounds like Vegas is really mending well. Yay! now a chiro visit to put those finishing touches in.

Shelly - ouch I'm glad you weren't too badly hurt. What great compliments!! Sounds like an awesome ride after a little hiccup.

Holly - Pfft hahahaha that's a great photo!! I know they say small things amuse small minds but darn it was funny [big Grin] Those are some long hours girly. Congrats on being the hero [Not Worthy] All hail mighty Holly of the ER..or should that be holly of the bloat [Razz]

Holly – When are you giving the gen. adequan shot?? I try to give it right after a really hard ride like a lesson because Raz is really loose and supple and relaxed. He is too tired to tense his neck muscles when the shot goes in, so less chance of lump and stiff neck the next day. In any event, I ALWAYS give the shot immediately following a ride to get his neck as soft and loose as possible. I NEVER give the shot in a cold neck if I can avoid it. Well at least you had LONG work hours as an excuse for disappearing!! I was just on vacation and dealing with a sick/weird horse issue then riding my (sore) butt off trying to get him in shape for the clinic. Ah well, back in a routine now, I hope. Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the day off for the upcoming show, but it sounds like you got some other really great days off this year, so it probably balances. Ooohh, flower planting. Nice. Almost time for that here, too. I just placed an order for some perennials today - $250 worth of flowers!!! OMG!!! I can’t believe how expensive flowers are, but we have 55’ worth of fenceline in front of the house that needs flowers planted along it. I have tried several different things that didn’t work out well. Annuals are too expensive to do over and over each year, so I finally just sucked it up and spent the money on the perennials. Do it once right, and DONE!!! You shouldn’t have to buy all new equipment just because you got Windows Vista. Go online and find the website for your camera/printer/hardrive/whatever, and they should have drivers that you can download for free that are compatible with windows vista to upgrade your equipment to make it compatible with your new software. My hardware is ancient, yet I keep upgrading my windows version, and that is what I do. Just keep downloading new drivers for everything from the product websites for free. As a side note though – I have NOT heard good things about Vista. I heard that it is NOT a very stable operating system and has a lot of bugs that have yet to be worked out. If you upgraded your system to this product, you may want to consider going back to whatever you had before until Vista works out some of the kinks. OHHH, poor Fleck!!! Trust me, Suzanne gave Razzle a FULL neurological exam last week, yet the silly horse STILL can’t manage to stay on his feet in a well groomed arena – so cut Fleck some slack working him in an unlevel bumpy field like that – he was doomed from the start!!!! HA!!! Don’t get discourage just because the shows don’t seem to go as well as the lessons. Shows NEVER go as well as the lessons which is why the general rule is to be schooling one level higher than you are showing. You are tense and nervous at a show. The horse is tense and nervous at a show. And you have to try to figure out the PERFECT warm up time and how to get from the warm up ring into the show ring at EXACTLY the right time which is next to impossible to time right. There are so many variables that effect show ring performances, that there is no way they can be as brilliant as your lesson work. You just have to accept that. Don’t get discouraged. You are doing just fine, and you are on the right track. Just keep on working on it, and it will come together for you. And yes, NEVER forget the release part of the aid. You can’t give the next aid if you haven’t released the first aid whether it is a leg, seat or rein aid, it always has to be released in order to be ready to be used again. Hard concept though. Took me awhile to get that and really solidify, use/release/use/release – and that doesn’t mean use/drop/use/drop either!!! HA!!! I went through that, too!!! Glad to hear you are figuring out the leg yields. Just keep plugging away at the counter canter. It does take a lot of strength to get it correct.

Emily – So glad to hear both Lipton and Inky are going well. Sounds like a great plan you have for bringing Lipton back into full work. The stall plates sound really nice. I love a really nicely done stall plate. It is the finishing touch on a well done barn. Very classy. Got a good chuckle out of Hansel’s registered name!!! Clearly the people responsible for naming him weren’t very good with Greek mythology. Not a good name choice for a stallion!!! You would have thought they would have at least researched the name before using it. WOW, Konigs are really nice boots, pricey, but nice. Hope you are all done growing. I did most of my growing when I was a senior in highschool. I’ve NEVER found a pair of Ariats that fit right. Even their widest are too narrow in the calf, and I don’t have a really wide calf. They are just not designed well. In fact, I don’t know anyone who has ever fit into Ariats well. There isn’t a single pair at my barn. All Konigs, Petrie, Cavallo and a few others. Glad to hear you had such a good time at the wedding.

Tracy – Sounds like perhaps Fess should have some bell boots from now on when you work him to prevent another overreach accident. Those are so common especially when asking the horse to stretch on the longe. They get so into it and really reaching up under and using themselves so well without the interference of a rider’s weight that those hind feet clip the front. Hope he healed up with no problem. Glad to hear the show went so well. That is excellent news!!!

Dobby – Sounds like you have been having some fun riding a bunch of different horses. What a great opportunity. Good luck focusing on school now that the weather has started to get nice. The last quarter is always the hardest. Isn’t that always the way – you have such amazing rides that you feel the need to go and brag to the trainer and wouldn’t you know it, the next time you are in front of the trainer, the horse feels the need to show you up!!! Never fails!!! Just spectacular. Glad to hear you got the go ahead to show Spectrum. That’s fantastic.

Boocoo – Yes, that is a sign of a really good partnership between a horse and rider – being able to tell the difference between a “pain-related” NO and a “I’m testing you” NO. That kind of a relationship makes the partnership a successful one. As for the stretchy circle, I totally understand the “likes to stay stretchy” too much, but don’t avoid the stretchy circle for that reason. Practice it more at home so that you have a smooth “down” and a smooth “recovery” as that is the test of the stretchy circle. You get scored based on each of those elements, and if you are unable to bring him smoothly back to contact, not only will you lose points on the stretchy circle, but you will also lose points at the end in the collective marks for submission. Make sure in your regular routine that you don’t use the stretchy circle JUST at the end of your ride to finish up. Instead, intersperse it throughout the ride so that Beau doesn’t associate it with “ride over” and give you grief when you try to pick him back up to contact from the stretch. Yes, we are looking to buy a trailer, but since we just got the truck, the trailer probably won’t happen until next year. We are surfing the used trailer sites for a “great deal”, but people just expect way too much for their used trailers. For what they want for their used trailers, it makes more sense to save our money an extra year and buy a brand new one for almost the same amount of money. I don’t blame you for scratching from the show. 40mph winds is way to gusty to ride in. Hope you managed to get into that other schooling show. Always nice to squeeze in a schooling show before a rated show, but even if you don’t, you will be just fine. You and Beau are more than ready. Poor Beau!! Sounds like he took a hard wipeout. Hope he is okay. Your BO sounds terrific. I can’t believe that neighbor’s horse. That is just insane.

Lauren – Yeah, that’s how we had to take it with Raz as well – get him REALLY solid behind and minimal lateral work at the beginning. Then once he was super solid behind and with a million and one transitions, we started adding in the lateral work. It was a lot easier for him after he was solid. The lateral work just flew. Couldn’t have done it earlier though. He just didn’t have the strength or ability, and that frustrated him. Ooohhh, your first show of the season is this weekend!!! Fun, fun. What did you end up entering Scotch in?? Sounds like you had a great lesson with Scotch. Good job!! Sounds like you have a busy Spring mapped out for you and Scotch!! That’s terrific.

Megan – Sorry to hear that Vegas started to develop some proudflesh, but I’m not really surprised. With a wound like that, it is almost a guarantee that proudflesh will develop. At least you caught it early and dealt with it. As long as you stay on top of it, you shouldn’t have a problem. That is great news that your partner dropped the class. That is sooooo great that you are finally back to riding Vegas at long last, and the wound looks A LOT better. Well done!!!! Glad to hear her re-hab is coming along well. Good luck at the show.

Lisa/LST – Glad to hear your lesson went well. HA!!! You can try to explain efficient stall entering/exiting to Raz, but it won’t help. He can’t seem to manage to walk through a fully open stall door without WHACKING his head on the side of the stall door. *sigh*

McKenzie – You still have plenty of time to school before your first rated show and/or find a small schooling show as well. Hope the move to the new barn goes smoothly. Fingers crossed that there is a spot for you in the upcoming clinic. That would be great. Nice video of you and Nugget. You look so great on him. Perfect size!!!!

Lisa/Kyalii – Wow, 20lbs!!! That is fantastic!!! Keep up the good work. Hope you are feeling better by now from that virus. So glad to hear the clinic went so well. Sounds like you had two really good sessions, despite having to work with a really green horse in the jumping session. Glad you took so much useful information away from the clinic. Well done!!

Shantel – NICE car!!! That’s what I have, but mine is a 2006. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! Mine is fully loaded. Best car I’ve ever had. I always get Toyotas. We sold my last Toyota, and I was driving Jack’s Toyota Corolla for awhile. Then we gave that one to George when he got his license and got me a brand new Toyota Camry. Good luck at your show this weekend!!!

Yeah, that definitely wasn’t typical behavior for Raz which is why we immediately called the vet. No hesitation on that at all. He just doesn’t do stuff like that EVER. The vet knows him well enough as well, that she really worked hard to try to find something/anything that could be wrong. Whatever it was though, he seems fine now though, and it is nice to know that the vet says WORK HIM. So when he acts all grumpy we KNOW he is just whining at hard work not soreness, and we have vet approval to push him through it. He is working really well now and seems just fine. Now if my poor little tailbone would just stop hurting, things would be fine and dandy!!!

~Shelly~

Just popping in to let everyone know that I'm home safe. [smile] Although I've been up since 5:30 Tuesday (Taiwan Tuesday), with MAYBE two hours or so of sleep on the second flight and about 10 minutes in the car just now... Airplane Electronics are out to get me, I swear. My screen on the first flight didn't work, so I listened to The Gaurdian, which actually worked out nicely because it meant I could read and listen to the movie at the same time and not get distracted looking at Ashton (not a big fan, but he's pretty yummy in that movie). The on the second flight, I watched Night at the Museum just fine but Freedom Writers was freaking out when I went to go watch it and then The Pursuit of Happyness went black in the middle like The Gaurdian, so another listening and not looking... Oh well...

Anyways, I'll catch up later, I think I'm off to take a nap now...

[bang Head][bang Head][bang Head]

I can't stand it. Everytime something goes right with riding, another thing pops up. I had two awesome rides today, one on Gayla, one on Spectrum. I am cantering Spectrum in his field back to the barn when I notice that my brother is in the driveway. Apparently he came at 6:00-6:30. He speds off (quite literally) to get pizza so I can take care of Spectrum, feed him, etc. When I get home, I just mention to everyone in case someone got confused that 6:30 pm was the normal pickup time at the barn. Parentals flip. Apparently they thought it was 6 pm even though we have been doing usually 6:30 for a few months now..?! I simply stated that it is much easier to fit in everything I do and properly take care of the horses if the pickup time was around 6:30. Then my mom asks if how many horses I am riding. I respond "Two." because it is Tuesday, and I ride two on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. My parental units should know this---when my mom picks up me, at 6:30, on oh lets say a Tuesday she asks how were the horses. I tell her about Gayla and then I tell her about Spectrum. My mother, the only slightly supportive one, said that two horses was too much, even though I have been doing this at least since Feb. I can only ride one a day now apparently. However, I know in my head that means I will have to drop Spectrum. I realllly don't want to do this--okay so I have outgrown him on the flat, but I am still just learning how to jump, and I want to be able to show, specifically event Elementary, by the end of 2007. I almost broke down at the thought of no longer being able to ride him.

For the whole "too many horses + days +time, just let me say this--None of this is new. Nothing in my schedule has changed. However, my parents are acting as if someone has died. I don't know what the problem is. My grades have not dropped, I am doing well with music, and I am picking my art classes back up. I can't figure out what I did wrong.

Now I can't keep my blasted mine on my biology test. Great. What an end of day. At least I got two great rides, right? *sigh* I will keep trying to tell myself that...

shantel: Whoo hoo girl! big pimpin in that sweet new car! that's awesome! the next truck i buy, when i'm rich [Wink] is gonna have a sunroof and seatwarmers...that's my qualifications..well, that and that it can pull the horse trailer! but sweet. congrats on the new car. i drive mikes' car (mazda 6) when he's at home and it's fun. zoom zoom zoom. i like it! course then i end up driving my truck like a zippy car when it's not attached to the trailer! oops! poor bart. (truck's name... he's a boy...not a girl! don't ask!) glad the wedding was fun. i like weddings. nothing like getting toasty on champagne and dancing your arse off! good luck to you and sarah at the show. don't forget to get pics! you should be moving up to 1st soon huh?? and... i'm confused. i thought your were in dentist school. or dental assistant (hygeinest???) school. what is the bank training for?? just curious.

luvs: that makes you the best person to give lessons to teddy's owner! my trainer sold me fleck so it's awesome when she teaches me. she remembers how he reacts and stuff so she know's it's coming as i'm feeling it even. way cool! and well..... the surgery wasn't exactly a success. we ended up putting poochie down in surgery cause i would have had to remove more than half of the stomach and owner didn't want to put her through it. it was sad. but... the best thing for the dog. it had the highest lactate we've ever seen which is a very bad sign. [Frown] poor pup. [Angel] and i know you guys are gonna do great at your show. i can't wait for pics! yay! 2nd level pics to get me super motivated to work hard and get there...eventaully!

lightning: hee hee. i swear, i could amuse myself for hours on end.. and...holly of the bloat made me laugh. makes me sound like i'm a big bloated whale! hee hee. which... i'm pretty scrawny, so it's just funny. But....the dog ended up not making it. not cause i sucked or messed up, but because the damage to the stomach was bad. so... we knew that it might be a euthanize on the table going in, so.... mom atleast tried and then did the right thing. still sad though.

shelly: oooh, good point. I am giving it on thursdays which is usually lesson day. last time i did it before the lesson. mean! i know. and then this time i forgot and did it the next day. so... this week i'll do it right after my lesson. that makes sense. it's wierd how it's only the one side of his neck. and it is five mLs which seems like a lot in one spot. i need to get the chiro out again soon. hee hee. vacation is a good excuse! and.. my tailbone isn't sore so sitting at the computer is not an issue. do you need a donut?! hee hee. sorry. i shoudn't be laughing at your sore booty. i'm not really. and actually! i did get the weekend off for the show!!! yahoo! and two of my friends, maybe three, are now coming as is my trainer. So it totally turned into this awesome fun weekend! i'm sooo excited. it'll be good for us, cause we've never been there before. i'm sorta thinking i won't school the ditches endlessly before so it's a challenge. make sure they ARE NOT an issue! oooh, flower shopping. always fun! i always steal from my mom. she's got gorgeous flower gardens. course i always end up taking too many and then complain about how much i have to plant. it's fun for the first 3/4th, then i start getting grumpy. but yep, i never bother with annuals. i'm just too lazy. i like the stuff that returns. hope you got some pretty stuff! i like the wildflowery stuff the best. i'm just hoping fleck doesn't eat them all before they grow. they're on the fenceline and he's been known to do that. had to make sure that my toxic ones (or potentially toxic) ones aren't on the fenceline. oh and yeah.. i'm about to kill bestbuy. i swear... i don't know what we were thinking getting vista. it's soooo annoying. but.. i'm getting the hang of it now, so.. we'll see. i tried to do the upgrade free download stuff but couldn't find it for everything. but i think i'm finally squared away. actually got the RIGHT cable finally for my video so i'm gonna try that once i get off here. then i'll get back on and ask for critiques! yeah..today i was at best buy and the lady was like "oh, i wish you would have been advised against vista"... go figure. argh... and my hubby works with computers for a living!!!! you'd think he'd have known. argh.. but they were toting it as the thing for videos and pictures, which is what i like. silly thing is i don't really like their programs, so... argh. but we'll see. too late now anyways. yeah.. silly fleck. i feel so bad for him when he does that, but at the same time i get angry cause it scares me. I really think he should be wearing a bumper in the ring as opposed to in the trailer! hee hee. still haven't bought one, but am getting ready to order a few things and that's on the list! and yeah.. it's hard to not get discouraged about shows. especially when someone comes up and tells you that you had the winning ride til you messed it up. oh well. atleast she recognized! go fleckers! i think i'm gonna try to keep riding right up until i go in. he tends to get ADHD and forget what he's doing when we stop. and maybe it's me too. well, i'm sure it's me too. but... we'll see. i'm determined to give him the best ride i can, since he does the same for me. and i keep telling myself...you know your horse is awesome, ride him so that everyone else see's it too! so maybe that will help. ao yeah... i don't know why i was forgetting to release. i guess i was thinking that the leg aid shouldn't necessarily have to have a release part, but it makes total sense now. and it works too. hah! go figure! and yep, still working on that counter canter. we've got the serpentine in 1st-4 i think mostly down. i just can't lean forward or i drop fleck downhill. but it's getting so much better. now we've just got to work on more than the serpentine. but we'll get there. and oh speaking of.. i found one book i had - "feeling dressage" i think. and it totally confused me. The pics of renvers and tranvers (did i spell those right) are totally confusing and the discription of the leg yeild sounds more like a shoulder in with how they have it worded. so i'm gonna go get the book you recommended. Thanks! glad raz is feeling back to normal. hopefully your tooshie will soon too. maybe you could ride in one of those seat saver cushiony things til it heals!

emily: welcome home! sounds like you need a nap! and then another one! bet the ponies missed you though. and i bet you'll be at the barn before your second nap! hee hee.

dobby: oh no!!! parents are silly sometimes. Why don't you wait a week and then say...you know... i've been riding the two horses for so long...why is it suddenly a problem? just curious...don't get grumpy. and then when they don't have a reason, maybe you can ask to ride the two again. or atleast some of the time if not all of the time. cause jumping on spectrum would be really good for you. argh... bummer man! to be honest..if it was me, i'd just keep doing it. hee hee. but i didn't say that! nope, shame on me. i'm soooo bad. hee hee. anyways, that's great that you had good rides though. maybe they'll get over it soon and let you go back to what you've been doing. keeping my fingers crossed for yah!

so... didn't ride today. went to best buy...again! which of course is way the opposite direction of tractor supply, which is where i also went! got fertilizer and did the pasture, plus dragged the poopy. so the horses are now mad since they can't go out there. but i let them graze in the front yard which has more grass anyways. so i didn't get to ride. but that's okay. i'll ride tomorrow, then lesson and probably jump thursday. so.. it'll be fine and dandy.

so.. i'm having major issues with property, houses, etc. can i vent?! ya'll can just ignore this part. [Wink] basically we've got a little house in athens that we rented last year and now are selling. or trying to sell. and then our house we're living in is...well, not exactly what we wanted. we just didn't realize it. it's got 10 acres, but its' got so many trees and hills. and the barn is sorta falling apart. and i need a ring. so... i'm sorta thinking about whether we should put it up for sale too and whichever one sells first...course looking around i really can't find as much land as i want that i can afford. and then my friend showed me 50 acres, that i still can't afford. and then i thought about saving money and just investing it in the place we're at now... fixing fences, building a new barn, putting in a ring, etc. but that still leaves the relatively small pasture area to support the horses. argh... i just want to be not so poor even though we make decent money and have lots of grass for the ponies and a flat place to ride. so yeah.. guess the only thing to do really is sell the athens house, save up and put some money into this place, and then consider selling later. i suppose... but i'm a princess remember and i want it now.... (think of what's her name..petunia in charlie and the chocolate factory... but i want it NOW daddy! nOW!. hee hee. that's me!

oh well. hope everyone has a great night!