Sign in to follow this  
smithereens_86

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 16!!

LST - LOL I haven't seen the non-horsey ads recently, definitely not the one for the gay fitness community!! Not sure if anyone has answered this, but the 4th of July is "Independece Day", aka independence from Britian.

Boocoo - Busy is right!! Hope the new job goes well, hey, you'll get some extra $$ to pay for the horsey habit, that's always helpful [Wink][big Grin] Wow, your son does fencing, I'm impressed, that's wonderful! Ahhh, I'm envious, I am sure it will be both fun and helpful to audit the Michelle Gibson clinic. I'm jealous! Awww, I am sorry to hear about the lack of riding. Can't believe you are getting so much blasted rain. HUGE bummer.

Emily - Whoot! Sounds like you're having fun. OMG, that is WEIRD about the races. At least you got to go to Belmont, that must've been really cool. Lol betting on horses...I am sure I'd suck.

Lauren - Schoolmasters are wonderful. Better not take it for granted if I ever were to buy or ride one, because they are awesome. Well, the quality of the pics is fine, it's just Ted and I look bad!! Ha!! What?? You have to be 16?? That is dumb, if you ask me...is it because it's a pony?? Gosh, I don't know if I will ever do it then, I turn 16 this November! Big bummer. 30+ stalls...holy crap, girl, you are going to sleep well - good luck [big Grin]

Megan - Lol better go look at that post... Yes, U of P is supposed to be a top program, I hope my sister is happy there. She really likes Portland, and like you said, it's fairly close to us which is nice, but she's still moving somewhere different where there will be different people, different places, etc. etc. Congrats on your dressage score, that is awesome!! You should be very proud. Sounds like you had solid rides all around, WTG. And cool pictures, your barn is nice!! The horses will be quite happy as will you, I'm sure.

Holly - DEAL [Razz] . I don't braid for schooling shows...pretty much no one does at this particular schooling show "series". They are pretty casual. Most people do not wear formal attire, either, just schooling clothing. I wear my tall dress boots, white breeches and a white show shirt, I don't do the stocktie/pin and jacket. I wear my IRH which is velvet, it has the stripe down the center but I think it's still just fine. I use a nice white show pad as well, and either use white polo wraps or just let Teddy go w/o boots. So even though I'm not totally formal, I am on the conservative side compared to most that attend these particular shows. Yeah, Nuggy was definitely not feeling well!! He was pretty lethargic looking, poor guy. Glad he was back to normal in the AM though. That was a relief. Congratulations, Holly, those are great scores!! You should be super proud. And hey, five 8's - way cool!!!! Ditto to Boocoo, no one's kickin' your butt...just think about improving YOU and Fleck, don't pay any attention to the others. Though I know it does feel good when you look at the results, and see you placed close or above some solid, good horses and riders.

I made a separate post about the show today and will try to get pics up soon.

Ive been super busy so I promise Ill make an attempt to catch up soon!

Last night, Randy, me, Marla (best friend), and Scott (Randys friend) went out to the club. It was a lot of fun having Randy there and being able to dance with him. My feet were killing me though so I made him massage them when we got home.

Tonight he had made reservations at Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Its in a lot of places all over the world, and if theres one near you and you havent been, you have to go! It was absoultely amazing. I am such a picky eater that I dont get to go to nice places like this but Randy had checked the menu and made sure there was things on there I liked. We ended up with a table for 2 next to the big window, overlooking downtown Jax and the river, right as the sun was setting. It was a LOVELY view. The food was amazing. I had the ribeye and this chocolate cheesecake mousse with oreo crust.. omg to die for. Then the city ended up shooting off professional fireworks as we were eating dessert. Since they shoot them off from a barge in the river, it was RIGHT outside the window. It was a perfect ending to a perfect night. I told Randy "Wow you really went all out didnt ya? Hiring a fireworks team and the city!" HAHA It was great though.

Tomorrow I hopefully plan to ride and then my neighbor across the street is letting us put Ben and Layla in her front field thats about waist high in grass b/c her gelding hates that field and I figured, why mow it when the horses can eat it? So thats nice.

Heres some pics from tonight. Randy bought me a really nice little black dress for our date. [smile]

-

-

-

Emily - Wow, sounds like a big adventure. Kind of annoying that nobody can give you the correct info, but I'm sure it adds to the excitment.

Lauren - Ahh, I don't know what I would do if I had to sit there and read, but not be able to post. How frusterating,LOL, like someone waving a cookie in front of you but you can't get it. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, what more can I say! Have fun cleaning all those stalls, one positive to having the horses out 24/7.

Megan - Hahahah I'll have to remember that one, mmm I love food, food mmmmm. Alright I'm done with the food talk. Mmmmmm....

Congrats on the trial! Way to go!!! That sure is a spiffy lookin' barn you've got yourself there.

Holly - [ROTFL] I've never had a cake turn out hard, like you said, sometimes soft. Occasionally even still batter-y in the middle, but never hard. Hahaha, you only know it's a problem when people come up asking if they'll pay you to put your clothes back on. Ohhhhh I see, I'll probably ask again next year, but you get that... Yay!!! What a good job you and Fleck did at the show, those are some nifty scores and a whole bunch of 8's too. Hehe I can picture conrad the destroyer ( [ROTFL] ) and the girl together! Hehehe. Can't wait to see pictures!!

Boocoo - Aw man! That is such a bummer about the rain! You're entitled to a temper tantrum every now and then, especially when you can't ride. Even though you know the rain isn't normal it doesn't really make you feel any better about it.

McKenzie - Ah I see, I'll probably forget by next year but anywho. Erm so nobody else appears to be seeing the 'gay fitness community' ads, or the 'story of satan' ones. Err, kind of creeped out now....

Soooo, went to the tack store today, hehehe. Two hundred and something dollars later.......

What??? ....There was a sale. [big Grin]

3 new pairs of jodhpurs, and a pair of half chaps have now made their way into my closet. My first pair of half chaps so we shall see how they go, but it's alright because they were on sale [Wink]

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Megan- *whistles* nice barn! Can I come and stay? Yeh I wasn't excited about starting college either...classes or socially...well maybe a lil socially [Wink] ick to biology...with forever labs. How um..exciting *sarcastic* Congrats for having a good run!! The more and more you do it the better it will get! Awesome that Vegas was such a good kid [big Grin] I'm jealous...(I seem to be doing a bit of that these days) as I haven't evented since last October! But can't really w/ my broken pony. hehe

Holly- Good I'm glad you feel better..and I too think you should sit a few strides before a XC fence. But there are different theories that upper level ppl through around. I mean you can have your horse jump long and flat over oxers to make up time but the more techincal and the more upright the fence the more air you want underneath yourself. OMG I would love to keep them out all day! RAWR believe me...but only have a few run in sheds..and the flies up here are HORRIBLE!!! Like unbelieveable icky. yes all by myself last night...but I was surprised that I did everything (feeding, mucking, turning out, haying, setting up stalls, scrubbing and dumping H20 buckets) in 2 1/2 hours. I felt like Superwoman. hehe

Hey GOOD JOB at your show! those are great results! Did you get pics? woohoo 8's!! NICE! Way to go! ooo an Appy going Prelim and 2nd level sweet! how's the tail on that horse? [Razz] Get some sleep girl!

Boocoo- ohh i bet it is a blast! When I was younger my trainer's son and a few other people would get on top of the round bales and spare with sticks. That was my first taste of fencing and of course we had no idea what we were doing but mimicked what we see on movies. But wow I bet your son has a ball doing it...I would love to take some lessons. You are absolutely correct. it is very expensive and I don't have the cash to board to horses...or shod..or do vet bills lol. I can barely do one! Wow it sounds like Texas is getting quite some rain! Send it my way we need it BAD! It's as if everything switched up this year...how bizarre. Here's hoping that you'll get some sunshine and are able to ride ASAP. I'll send our 90 degree weather your way! ugh i hate it when its this hot!

McKenzie- PSH! I'm sure you don't look bad! Congrats again on your show! You are doin a banging job this year! woohoo! Oh i know...blah I wanted to do that test so bad...but man i'm old (ok not that old but ya know). lol. I'm not even a Young Rider anymore [Me Cry] So much for NAYRC lol! OO are you a November baby too??? What date?

Actually I didn't sleep all that well last night. The Slocums returned from their cruise last night...I didn't think they were coming home till Monday...but oh well! But I'm going back over to their house tonight as I wasn't planning on leaving until Monday. But yeh i didn't sleep ...strange...I wasn't that tired. even with doing all those stalls..my hands did hurt a bit lol

Shantel- nice clubbing! I haven't done that in a year or so. sounds like a good time! you look lovely in that lil black dress!

LTS- omg exactly! that is how i felt. I was like want to type but can't. But come to find out it was the batteries in the keyboard that were dead. Go figure. If I could have it my way I would leave them out 24/7 too! YEH! sounds like you got some good shopping in! what color did you get for your breeches?

So not much to report here the Slocum's are back and I did chores this am. I survived last night chores. And tonight will be dreadful as I'll be there till like 7 maybe 8. It is wicked hot and I can't turn out until it cools down a bit. But maybe I'll just do stalls w/ the horses in and then go back through later and pick them out after they all are out. Ooo I watched Seven Years in Tibet with Brad Pitt. I saw that movie a few years ago and forgot how AMAZINGLY Hott brad pitt is in that movie. I want him for my bday present!! Yummm So just relaxing today...and going back out to do chores later this afternoon.

Take Care all!

Shantel, sounds like your date was just perrrrrfect!!! [Wink]

Lightning, hey, when there are sales, at the tack store, all you can do is buy up so you are saving $$ right?

I am waiting on one of those new Kerit Show shirts from Dover. They look a lot cooler and since the show I'm going to is a no jacket show, I thought it would like nice. I got the white one to wear with white breeches, since it's a rated show. Guess I'll wear my white gloves as well. I put on my show breeches and shirts the other day and I think I am loosing weight!! I am going to take my jacket just in case, if it's not blazing hot I will wear it, but not if it's really humid. Don't need to be passing out in a black wool jacket.

3day, my son's fencing coach has coached Olympic level fencers, so I am really hoping he does well with it. He's a natural anyway and it sure beats having to sit through foot ball games!!

The sun shone today all day, the clouds broke up into big puffy cotton balls and the wind was blowing them the heck out of dodge. My hubby is so good to me, we took my trailer back to the barn and he got out in the arena and made ditches and got a huge long rake and squeegied all the water down the ditches and got a lot of it to drain out. I should be able to ride tomorrow night, and then have my lesson on Tues. It's supposed to be drying out now and warm and sunny all week. Yeah! [Yay] So hopefully will be able to ride every day from here on out, till the show.

Holly: Thanks about the show! There was a photographer there and mom got some on a disposable camera but we are waiting for all those pics still. I think that's a good idea, do a couple more lessons then decide. It's hard to tell from just one lesson. Hopefully she works and you get things figured out. OOOOHHH YAY!! I'm SWEET T!! Hmmm, I have a lot more to learn about being a bad wife first, like unlearning my cooking, but I am really bad at laundry so I have that going for me...Hee hee thanks, the funny thing is that we didn't have to get a permit for the barn because our county has an equine exemption clause for barns, so that means no engineered plans so dad drew all the plans on notebook paper himself! Then he built it with only some of my help!! But yeah, we'll come down and build you one just as soon as I am done with vet school [big Grin] That's great about the show, you did so well! I am proud of you and SWEET!

Boocoo: Glad to hear the rain is drying up, hopefully you can get some serious schooling in before the show! That's so cool that your son does fencing, I would poke someone's eye out, probably my own...

McKenzie: I'm glad your sister likes Portland, but I hate it! Too much of a big city for me, and it's not even that big...but it's the Portland culture and lifestyle that I really don't like, Portland definitely has it's own culture, and I'm glad your sister likes it there, someone has to keep Portland weird!

Shantel: Ooooh, pretty dress! That sonds like a great night out!

LST: No one can resist tack sales, sounds like you really scored on some deals.

Lauren: Yeah you can come stay anytime! Hee hee, we can probably even find a space for the broken pony, now we just have to get you and him across the country, hmmm...Yes, Vegas was a very good girl for me, so I am happy. Maybe by next spring you will have your pony back and you can start eventing again!

Not much new here, the doors are hung on the backs of the stalls and the fence is moved. Dana (my bestest friend ever and the owner of the little gelding who is Vegas's buddy) and I moved feed and tack over there too. Oh man it is so nice to have a big tack room!!! The ponies really like their new home too!

I am getting a new set of galloping boots because Vegas tore one in the trailer...It was Friday night on the way up to the trials. I left right after my dressage lesson, I almost took them off, but I left her boots and bell boots on in the trailer just in case, like I normally do. Well I am really glad I did because we were coming up to this one stop light and it turned yellow at the point where it's like well do I go or do I stop?! So I decided to stop but I probably should have gone because I had to stop really hard, and Vegas must have lost her balance and fallen or something because she tore half of one boot off of the left hind and she had a couple little nicks and scratches low on her hind legs and one on her sideagainst the divider...well anyways I couldn't find just a hind pair to match the front, but I saw some pink and browm plaid galloping boots in Dover and I just have to get them! They are soo cute and only $30 a pair, so I have to get a new set! Couldn't find a link to them online so I will get pictures when they arrive. Always a silver lining to the cloud...Dad said he wants to buy her these shipping boots for the trip back east since she had that little mishap and it is such a long trip...as much as he complains about my pony, he sure does love her...

Okay I have to go out and feed now, the ponies are getting hungry. Good night everyone!

[ 07-08-2007, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Vegas Sky ]

Okay! I've read (or in some cases skimmed) everyone's posts, but it's almos 2AM and I've been up for a while, and I'm just not really in a very good mood so I'm not very pleasant.

First of all, my family can't be civil for ONE WEEK. ARG! My brother's so lazy and he thinks that he's going to die if he walks so he'd rather spend a bajillion dollars on a Taxi in Manhattan! UGH! We walked back from the movie theater to the hotel and we were all hungry and I don't eat McDonals, and he was like "It's okay, we don't have to stop" so we get back to the hotel and the diner I thought was 24 hours apperently ISN'T, so he goes "Well you and mom are going back to McDonalds to get me food". *** ?! Is he retarded?! He weighs 500lbs, he doesn't NEED McDonalds! And if he wants it he can go get it! And now mom's crying in the hotel room because he's being a jerk. And what does he DO all day? We went to theather stuff! And while me and mom were at Chicago, he was doing... what? Oh! He was in the hotel on his COMPUTER when he could be out doing something productive! He's complaining that we're doing stuff for me, well, this is MY trip. It was going to be me and dad, and then we invited him and mom. So he can just shut up and deal.

Sorry for the rant... [Frown] On a lighter note, Avenue Q, although very innapropriate, is very hilarious. The guy playing the Princeton and Rod (the "main" character), was really hott... omg... But sadly, married. [Frown] Oh welll. Then we didn't have anything else to do so we were tried to get Beauty and the Beast tickets seeing as it's closing at the end of the month, but they had JUST sold out, so we went to go see Chicago. Love the story, most of the cast was wonderful, but umm... Yeah... Lisa Rinna and Roxie? Not impressed. For those of you who don't know she was the female lead in Law and Order: SVU and has done various soap opera stuff... Also, she's married to Harry Hammlin (Who played Billy Flynn), so we're thinkin that's how she got the part... She's an okay singer, and an okay actress, but she just doesn't have the... pizazz... that everyone else did. Oh well, that's life. Then we went to go see Licence to Wed. Cute, but I'm not sure it was worth $9

I'll try to get in a full update before we leave. We fly out Tuesday night, which means no OOTP at midnight. [Frown]

'Night everyone.

Shantel - Love the pictures, you are so pretty! Gorgeous necklace too, it looks stunning. Sounds like a WONDERFUL date, too [smile]

LST - [ROTFL] I haven't seen the gay fitness community ad or the satan ones...that is more than odd!!! Hey, gotta love those sales...sounds like you got some nice things!

Lauren - Haha ohhhh but I do [Wink][big Grin] !! Ted seems to be off to a good show season. It does feel good, I must say. I feel like I am really READY for Second Level. Last year we dabbled in it, but since we were also showing First Level it was tough, because as you know it's a large gap from First to Second. Yeah, not sure if NAYRC will happen. I shouldn't say that, but it depends on the horse situation. So we shall see. I would really like to do NAJC, but it's not the end of the world if I don't, BUT it would be a really neat goal to accomplish. I think I would have blisters after 30 stalls, haha. Glad you weren't too exhausted though!

Boocoo - I have the Kerrits show shirt. I have it in white as well, I love it. Its great for keeping cool and wicking moisture. Wow, sounds like your son as quite the coach, cool! I'd much rather watch fencing than football [Razz] . Awww, how nice of your hubby, that's great!

Megan - I'm more of a country girl myself...not sure how I'd do in Portland. My sister and I are VERY different though, I'm the animal person and she absolutely loves working with young kids and children. Glad the new barn is working out nicely, it really does look awesome. I saw those plaid splint boots in Dover too, I am getting tempted...I have like 6454123121 pairs of random boots, butttt....

Emily - Awww, sorry to hear about your brother [Huggy] Siblings can be the worst sometimes, huh?? Hang in there girly, and just try to enjoy the rest of the trip!

I am uber tired too. Its like 11:22pm but I am just exhausted for some reason. My sister, mom and I went to the IKEA store today and got some stuff. We only spent like $130 too which is good for us!! Its super easy to overbuy there, seeing as its HUGE. My sister was acting rather immature part of the way down there (its like a two hour round trip). Sometimes I want to say "can you ACT like you're almost 19 years old?? You want to be treated like an adult, so act like it" but I refrained. I guess we all have her days. Overall she really is a great sister, I don't know what I'd do without her, but yes, I occasionally feel like throttling her.

I heard from Nugget's owner, he has another temperature [Frown] The vet may be out tomorrow if he still has a temp to do some bloodwork. Let's just hope its not Potomoc horse fever or strangles...his owner said he is showing some of those symptoms, but praying its NOT. He will get the rest of the week off to rest up, esp. since our rated show is in less than two weeks. Don't want to over-do it.

Goodnight all!

Okay I don't have time to reply but I just wanted to say that I tried to order those plaid boots today, and THEY WERE FREAKING SOLD OUT AND NOT EVER GETTING ANYMORE!!!!! EVER!!!! [Mad][Me Cry] So I tried calling every one but no one has them then I finally figured out that Devon-aire makes them so I contacted them to sey if they even make them still, so now I am waiting to hear from them. Warning: I am going to throw a two-year-old temper tantrum here, but I REAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY wanted those boots!!! [Me Cry]

Now i'm officially home reunited with my laptop. *smooshes*

Boocoo- wow! That is pretty awesome that he gets to train with someone of that caliber! Where you able to ride all weekend? What a great hubby! I need one of those!

Megan- hehe ok! I'll go back with you over Christmas break [Wink] by then my pony will hopefully be fixed! Yes hopefully he'll be back to jumping back Winter...if not fall. But we'll see! Awh that is cute that your dad loves Vegas. Bummer about the plaid boots! I'm more of a Woof fan. [Razz]

Emily- hmmmm interesting brother. Want me to come and help er motivate him? We can secretly be like the mob. BAHAH! and ewww I saw License to Wed too and I didn't think it was worth it. Glad to hear that your trip turned out to be okay though [big Grin] OMG movieeee for HP! i'm stoked for it.

McKenzie- and it shows that you are really ready for 2nd level! haha oh i know...last year I was doing both 1st and 2nd level. You've got some great goals, girl! haha oh no the IKEA store we have one of them! my lovely bed is from that store! haha dude you should of said that to your sister [ROTFL] We all feel like that its what connects us with sibling affection. Oh no I hope Nuggest is feeling better...do they know what's up with him??

Anyways got pics back from the Cayuga show on the paint mare. and OMG I felt horrible after I saw the pics. GROSS is all I have to say about myself. My reins are like 3 inches too long! and I just look out of whack. jeebas...I suck at riding. haha. Anyways this was the photographers 2nd time doing pictures of horses in action...so he is still trying to figure out when to shutter to get the horse in movement. But yeh...I don't think I'm brave enough to post any of the pics...maybe one! lol

-

[ 07-10-2007, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: 3DayEventer ]