Sign in to follow this  
maple

WOW its been a long while **a few pics

WARNING NOVEL!!!

okay, if anyone remembers me i used to post on here but i havent been on in a really long time.

basically the last six months have been the worst in my life. in short, after having to sell my long time (7 year) mount who i had raised from a weanling to please my other half (he hated horses and didnt think i should have time away from the house and baby to ride) my whole world seemed to fall apart. To make a long story short we are no longer together. In that time I did make a move for me (which started a HUGE fight) and bought myself a new horse to work with, who is 5 years old and had basically never been touched he was just thrown in the pasture and grew up there so i got him trusting me and on our 3 or 4th ride he turfed me, i popped out a hip and just as i was healed enough to ride everything blew up, i left my now ex and am just getting things back together, and needless to say the gelding was put on the back burner for awhile but the GOOD NEWS i now have somewhere to put him (he was living at the ex's and I couldnt see him much) and can now start working him and riding!!!! I put him at my mothers, she built me a roundpen and fenced a section for him, they have a whole 1/4 section of natural bush with creeks and a lake to trail on im PUMPED! hopefully i can get out there and get him working and some pics!

oh and a uber cute pic from a little ago of my son's very first pony adventure! he will be 1 year in july.

-

the gelding (older pics)

-

-

new pics hopefully monday or tuesday

I remember you! That really does sound like a crappy few months. It sounds like its in the best that you left him. I cant imagine anyone who loves another person would make them get rid of something they truly love and that makes them happy just b/c THEY dont like it. Crazy. I hope things are going better for you. Looks like the new guy is a cute paint. Cant wait to see pics! Welcome back!

I don't remember you, just because I have not been on the board that long myself, only about three months. But it sounds like you sure have had a rough run there, but hopefully things are starting to fall back into place! That's terrible that you had to sell your old horse, but th new guy sure is cute, and your son too! Happy early birthday to him!

BTW, I am Megan and I own Vegas. She is a doofwad 99.5% of the time but I love her 200% of the time! She had a little accident a while back, but she is better now, and if I can get this mystery lameness thing figured out we will be showing again shortly.

I remember you and your gorgeous little paint gelding. First off all, my hat is off to you. You made some tough choices and was very brave to leave your now ex-SO. You know what? He didn't deserve you. He didn't truly love you or apperciate you for who you were when he made you sell your horse. Frankly, it was out of his need to control every aspect of his life. You are free, have a handsome son, and a pretty gosh darn cute gelding. Independence at last! [Huggy] Good luck!