Sign in to follow this  
Boocoo

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 17!!!

Ok Lauren, so if you don't finish school, what do you plan to do and how do you plan to support yourself and your horse habbit? Write down all the pros and cons of quiting school vs. sticking it out. Then give it a few days to think about it. It doesn't matter that this was supposed to be your senior year and two years goes so fast. You'll still be the same age in two years, weather you finish school or not!

boocoo: sooo...how was your lesson?! and i agree...tasteful bling...course, i'm hoping that my new browband will be just that! i bet Beau looks fantastic in bling! okay... i was just thinking, but subtle bling, and then suddenly that scene from the wedding singer popped into my head... subtle tongue, like church tongue... so we can now choose from church bling vs rave bling! hee hee. sorry... i'm a dork!

emily: ooooh, yep! we'll match but.... i don't have a top hat, so.....you win! oooh, i'll jump him for yah!!! hee hee. puddles are fun to splash in. course go figure. your fancy dressage horse will happily splash through them. my freakin' eventer will dodge them! what!?! but he does fine with "real" water i suppose. silly horses. yep, shoes are back on now! hee hee. i would say you have wedding bling... appropriate but perhaps a bit more than just church bling [Wink] but i LIKE it!

luvs: yep, i'm smarter than the average bear! $15 each isn't too bad, but i'm spoiled with the whole $35 for all of them on a disk...course that was at a schooling show. at area 3 champs i paid $120 for a whole disk but at aec's they wanted $300!!! but i ordered 4 more yesterday! but yep, you have to get some from regionals. it's regionals!!! i think i replied on your regionals post, but i'm proud of you both!

lauren: DON"T QUIT!!!!! just think....atleast you don't have another 4 years on top of that!!! it goes by quicker than you think and... how else are you going to pay for your horses? unless jeremy's really really wealthy! [Wink] and bummer about scotch! silly boy!!! didn't he hear that he had a clean bill of health! maybe he's just a big fat faker! got my fingers crossed for yah. seriously though.. you really should finish school. you just lose so many opportunities without a college education...even if you don't work in the field you got your major in! and... you've put this much effort into it, why waste it!?

lightning: good point!! maybe i should get a tie-dye coat then?? hee hee. nah... but i do think i'll stick with navy. now i just need to go try them on! hope lightning stays sound and happy and you guys get to ride! good luck!

so... had a good lesson today. fixed a few things and worked some stuff out! yay!!! but...my trailer brakes are out... turns out there is a wire hanging from underneath the trailer... guess that's the problem! but...when i pulled into the trailer fixer place, it was working again. but they're gonna fix it up right and proper for me. wow, i'm really redneckin' it tonight! anyways... hopefully i'll get it back in time to ride before work tomorrow cause all my tack is in the tackroom! so we'll see!! oh well. if not, no worries. i still have a whole week before the show. good thing i'm working the next five of those days though!!!

later gaters!

holly

Fleck, have you ever checked out People on Horses Brow Bands? They are stunning. They make the US Olympic teams brow bands for them. I just ordered one today for my b.day. I got the ovals in amethyst!!! Go to:

http://www.peopleonhorses.com

Ok, schooling show tomorrow. I ride almost last and last. Works for me. No rushing and I don't have to volunteer at this show. First time all year! I got my volunteer hours in for year end awards, not that my scores will even count for anything, but hey, ya never know right? [big Grin]

McKenzie - My top hat is the roxsorz.

LST - The sand wasn't TOO horrible, but still pretty bad... The hogsfeul was just horrible! And it took the judges for the freestyle till the girl AFTER me withdrew to realise that the horses weren't doing very well because of the footing! Ugh. I actually don't think we got any pics of me in the top hat, and I probably won't wear it again till March... [Frown] I might try to get some pics though! I'm not sure how Lipton does wit hthe water, but Inky LOVES it! Haha, ride your test like a camel looking for water? I want pics! [Razz]

Holly - I love my top hat! I want a Navy one to go with the Navy coat... but I'll DEFFINATELY have to buy that one for myself! One of my friends PSG Dressage Horse (He went to the Developing Young Horse championships this year, youngest horse there!) he SEEKS OUT the puddles! Weirdo! Hahaha! Wedding Bling! Omg I love that now! I never would've thought of that! That sucks about the trainer, hope everything gets fixed...

Boocoo - Good luck tomorow!

Okay, still haven't sat on Lipton again, still working on the respect thing. We're gonna get him SCIOed, cause he litterlly CHECKS OUT! I have NEVER seen a horse so checked out that you can litterlly wave your hand in front of their eye and all they do is blink. He DIDN'T MOVE! It was so weird. So we're gonna see what's going on there... I might get to sit on him tomorow, we'll see...

I keep forgetting to mention that Me and Lipton are gonna do the Dr. Cesar Parra clinic in November/December. I'm really looking forward to it! Emma's like "We will have to make it VERY clear to him that you're absoloutly solid 1st level, and mostly solid 2nd level, but have never really done another real above that... because he assumes everybody knows it all already!"

I keep trying to upload a picture of the vase that I won in May from l'Aperitif, but it's being slow, so I'll try to put it up next time I'm on!

Have a good whatever!

Holly - Hehe welll you could always try and see what people say.... Glad you had a good lesson and I hope you get your tack/trailer in time to ride.

Boocoo - Oh they're pretty browbands. I hope you'll take pics when you get yours! Good luck tomorrow!

So I rode a little today and Lighting was FREEEEE, haha. He's obviously feeling alright, he was spooking at leaves and things, and he doesn't spook at much unless he has energy to spare. Not much to say really.... I'm off to study some more, I'm on a HC break [Wink]

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Boocoo- You are right...I just hate not being able to do well at something the first time. I guess that is my perfectionism coming out in me. Like my Stats class isn't coming easy to me at all. I'm like er duh dum what? And that just infurates me! And I do need to finish school...*sighs* I guess i'm already this far i should just stick it out. You would think at the age of almost 22 I would have a tiny bit of an idea of what I want to do w/ my life. Ok you made me feel better [big Grin] I can do this. I really can...though I may go loco at times but my sanity will return right?

And I must comment on the browbands from people on horses...they had a booth @ Devon this year and were GORGEOUS. I couldn't afford anything from there but the most expensive one I saw was about 20k!!! I would love to see what your browband looks like. I think Scotch would look nice w/ a golden color. Good luck @ your schooling show! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

LTS- Thanks. It's just a crazy semester is all. Sounds like Lightning is feeling better! yay! Able to find the guy to do his hocks yet?

Holly- gah i know i can't. If I quit i lose my health insurance. haha. And Jeremy isn't really wealthy at all! Darnit I knew there was a flaw to him [Wink] no I'm just kidding he's great! Yeh I told Scotch the same thing. I'm like you are a faker! He got so mad at me the other day b/c he sucked behind my leg when we where changing reins and bending into a corner and I smacked him w/ my whip and woooo he was pissed. He launched into this bucking fit and laid his ears back at me and tried to take off. Lil jerk. But after that he was moving more forward and free. But was tense. Oh well at lease he was moving! Glad to hear your lesson went well. Oh no about the brakes!! Better get them fixed or you'll have a runaway Fleck ahead of your truck! Can't have that happening!

Emily- Hope you can get things figured out w/ Lipton!

Well not much to report here. Still trying to figure out if I can get someone to trailer me to the Gunnar clinic before I send in my form. Then again I don't even have my dressage saddle w/ me! ugh. I miss it sooo bad. Scotch has being doing better. He gets his Adequan shot today. Ohh I have a jumping lesson on Tuesday! Woohoo! I'm so stoked! I haven't jumped or even had a lesson in 3 months! But I won't be jumping Scotch as he is not fit nor ready to be jumping. Oh Jeremy and I are going away for 4 days! Going up to the cabin way up in the mountains. So it should be fun. I guess i'll be doing a ton of hiking. Off to ride my ponybeast before we leave. Have a good weekend!

And here's a Scotch pic from last week. [smile]

-

and one more hehe.

-

[ 10-06-2007, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: 3DayEventer ]

boocoo: WOW!!! those are AWESOME!!! but see, i'm just not sure fleck could pull it off. if he had a solid head perhaps, but he's got a spotted head. But... man, those are soooooo pretty. we'll see. he has to earn it though! i bet that will look fantastic on beau though!!! give us pics!!! oh, duh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! good luck at your show today! i bet you guys will knock their socks off!!! keep us posted and get some pics if you can.

emily: ooooh, navy top hat!!! nice! What's SCIO'ed? what's up with lipton? what's the deal with him and such? i think i missed it all while i was out for aec's and then louisianna. i was thinking it was respect issues since he bucked you off, but that sounded more like a slip, so maybe i missed something???? good luck with it whatever it is.

lightning: yay!! glad he feels good. and kudos for you for studying!! you go girl! good luck at the show! is it next weekend?

lauren: yep, you're right. you can do it. and... you can't be perfect at EVERYTHING!!! so you suck at stats. big deal.. unless you plan on being a gambler or horse race person who really needs stats?! and whoo hoo for telling scotch off. that's funny. fleck does that too. get's all mad and grumpy. but luckily he doesn't hold a grudge for long. where is your dressage saddle? awww, scotchers looks so cute! and oooh lala a weekend getaway! have a blast. mike and i did alot of hiking and camping when we first started dating. it was so much fun. he said he knew he was gonna marry me the day we hiked 18 miles in the pouring rain, cause at one point i sat down and started crying cause i was tired and sore, but then i got it out and got up and kept going. and...there was the time that he got up early and hiked to the top of this cliff and spelled out mike and holly in rocks. then he went to show me and some other people were there already and had rearranged to say something about God. He was mad!!! now, we both love GOd and all, but they could have found their own rocks. so he redid mike and holly again! isn't he sweet?! sometimes anyways [Wink]

anyways.... have a great weekend. i'm off to work my shifts. it was fantastic having a friday night off, except for the HORRID MIGRAINE i had! argh... i just can't win. oh well. i'm still taking daily ibuprofen for my jaw/tooth/etc and it's really helped with the headaches. now i'm not getting bad headaches but i still get the migraines! last night sucked!!! and then i watched the horse whisperer cause i was too ouchy to do anything else. WHAT A SLOOOOOOOOWWWWW LOOOOOOONG movie. it totally sucked! i was so mad i wasted all that time, but... i don't suppose i would have been doing anything else.

oh well. guess i better get off to work! ya'll have fun!

holly

I have to go in a second, but I have read everyone's updates and will try and respond tomorrow.

I found out that the National Equitation Medal will be held in August next year, 2008, in Wayne, Illinois at the Lamplight Equestrian Center. It looks like a really nice facility.

Holly - Isn't Lamplight Eq. Center where AEC's were held?

[smiley Wavey]

I met the lady that makes the People On Horses Brow Bands at the USDF convention in Burbank in 05'. Decided someday I was going to have one. Finally pooled all my b.day $$ and ordered one. If you scroll down to the one called Ovals, I got the amethyst color. I thought Beau would look nice in that one.

Holly you could get Fleck the browband called chesapeake on brown leather and it would look awesome on Fleck. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page of browbands and you'll see it. Plus it's not super duper expensive!! They make all their browbands on black or brown leather!

Spot, you will love Dr. Parra. He is awesome and handsome and did I say awesome? I saw him at Equine Affaire in Cal. a couple years ago.

Lightning, thanks, I will get pictures when I get it.

3day, yes, I think you will be glad in the long run that you finish school and your sanity may or may not return! [big Grin] Scotch is so handsome.

Schooling show today was great! I got a 2nd and a 1st place!!! Beau was incredible and people could not get over his trot. He has the most animated trot. Someday I'll post a video. I will post show pics later.

[ 10-09-2007, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

LST - Forward ponies are always good!

Lauren - Oooh! You and Jeremy are going away?! That's so cute! Scotch is Love!

Holly - SCIO has to do with Quantum Energy stuff... Here is a link to a website I found that kinda explains it... When our body worker comes out she usually SCIO's us too, and she can SCIO the horses... It seems weird, but it totally works! We're not really sure what's up with Lipton, but we're pretty sure that Bambi (the body worker) will be able to tell us when she comes out... Overall he's doing really well, but he just keeps spacing out and it's really weird. We've always had respect issues on the ground, seeing as his last owners didn't do too well with the ground rules thing, so we're working on it! His main thing is that he thinks he has to protect me and won't let me actually RIDE half the time. That sucks about the migraine! Horse Whisperer is a weird movie.. hmm...

Boocoo - Haha, my Trainer's former Trainer is really good friends with Dr. Parra, and they used to go out drinking when he was here for Clinics and stuff, and she tried to out drink him once! He's like "Honey, you can't out-drink a Columbian!" I totally can't wait for this clinic, it's gonna be so much fun!

Ponies are doing good, nothing new really... still trying to upload the picture and still no luck. [Frown]

Yikes I am more behind than I thought! Here goes.

Lauren - Well, as you know, I am still in highschool...but from what I know having a complete college education/a degree is going to become more and more helpful. We KNOW you can do this, so hang in there [Huggy] . Cute pictures of Scotchy! He's so handsome.

LST - Thanks [smile] . Oh, what a bummer that you haven't heard back from the guy doing his hocks. That's frustrating.

Holly - OMG $300 for AEC's??? That is crazy! Since Teddy's owner signed up for a DVD at Regionals, for all three rides, I only had to pay $10 and I got a copy [big Grin] . That was cool. Glad you had a good lesson. So I found out that the National Equitation Medal, is next year, August 28-31st, at Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, Illinois...wasn't that where AEC's were this year?!

Boocoo - What a GORGEOUS browband! I am sure it'll look fantastic on Beau. I really want to get one for Teddy's double bridle, because that is probably what I will be showing in next year. I responded to your schooling show post, but excellent job! Very well done [big Grin] .

Emily - Danke! I'll Google it. I can't decide between getting one next year or the year after.... That's way cool about the Dr. Cesar Parra clinic. I really should do that, but I am already doing another Christian Garweg clinic on Nov. 10th.

I had a great lesson last Thursday. We worked on our normal lateral work, medium trot, and our trot to halt and then only doing one step of reinback. Our reinback is not very good at shows, I tend to let him get behind the vertical, and we don't have clear diagnol pairs when stepping backwards. In the canter we worked on our flying changes, we did them from going from F to S, and doing a flying change between the centerline and S, and then going from K to B and doing them AT B. They are really coming along! I am riding in my double now, and like it, getting much more used to the two rein thing and keeping everything even.

Staying home sick today, but I really cannot miss school, so I am going to go the other four days, whether I feel well or not.

Thank you Luv. I think Teddy would look good in a browband with green in it!! When you are doing reinback and he gets behind the vertical, what do you do to correct that? I can back Beau up all the way across the arena if I need to, cause that is something we teach all horses in western riding. But he does get behind the vertical when I do it, so I don't do it anymore, not till my coach can work with me on it.

Oh wow I didn't realise how long it had been since I was on last...I read everyone's replies, but I don't have time to reply to everyone so I'll just update:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much how things have been going here for the past couple weeks. During the last weekend of September my parents came out to visit and that was nice, we got to go to Dressage at Devon Saturday night for the Freestyle, and that was pretty much amazing. Then when classes started Monday it was insanity because midterm grades are due the 16th and all the profs are just DUMPING the work on us! I've been averaging 4-6 hours of sleep a night and I've been working like crazy. Monday and Tuesday were Fall Break so most of campus went home, which was really nice to have it be quiet for a while, but that also meant that I had to pick up the slack at work, and I worked all day Saturday and a few hours sunday then aaaalllll day Monday, but Tuesday I had the day off and I got to go down to Maryland with my church. But now Campus is back to its busy self and classes are even worse but I think I finally have this time management thing down, if only I could ever get some sleep. And now I have a test tomorrow in German on the passive voice, and I reeeaaaallly need to start working on my presentation for that class that has to be 15 minutes long - at least it's on dressage [big Grin]

Oh, and on top of all that things at the barn have been crazy too. We had a horse get sick, and what with the Strangles outbreak we had here last year everyone was in a right state of panic. But that was the only horse who got sick, and he's better now. But my dear sweet Vegas has been lame - she goes out with a group of three other mares and one of them is a rescue/abuse case and the horse is pretty much nutters, not to mention dangerous. Even her owner is scared to handle her. Well anyway, Wednesday she kicked Vegas on the front of her left hock and it was very swollen and she was lame on it for most of the weekend, but she was looking better and the swelling was gone and the wound looked good so I went to ride her last night only to discover that she was kicked again on the outside of the right hock. It took off a pretty good chunk of skin but looked okay otherwise - not directly on the joint and only localized heat and swelling, plus she was sound so we went ahead and rode. She was good for the ride although she was a little high energy, but it was productive nevertheless. So I put her away for the night, and then when I went down to the barn to discuss this turnout issue with the BM I saw that her hock was quite swollen and there was a lot of heat there. So I gave her banamine and cold-hosed for a few minutes before I turned her out, this time without the crazy mare because the BM agreed that mare should only go out by herself, seeing as she kicked Vegas twice and my friend's mare once. But Vegas will be okay in a few days and I can ride other horses for my lessons/practice so it'll be fine (BTW I totally forgot to mention that several weeks ago my german prof changed the meeting schedule so I can ride in eventing team practices!)

So it's been pretty crazy here but I guess things are going okay, and midterms will be over Tuesday, so I'll make it! Plus it's only two months till I get to go home for good!...But then I start the two-hour round trip commute on a seventeen credit courseload...

Geez sorry that got so long and thanks for letting me vent! We college students need it now and then...

mckenzie: yep, that's the place! it was very nice, but... very little grazing area. nice place though and great rings and very cool area. most of the horse shows i go to are way out in the boonies and there's no food. but this place is right near tons of yummy restaurants and walmart and a mall even. and... there is a tack store just down the street which sells shavings for much cheaper! but yeah, it's a nice place! FAR!!! but nice. and whoo hoo. ten bucks! that's a steal! too bad someone else didn't want to buy all of flecks' pics! hee hee. hope you feel better soon. and what fun playing with the double bridle. i agree.... teddy needs a fancy browband!!

boocoo: oooh, they are all just so pretty. i really like the diagonal one, and well...all of them. The chesapeake is pretty, but i would want blue since that's our colors. the hampton's really pretty too. oooh and the healing flower.....man! that's going on my christmas list too! anyways...get that video posted!! you've got me all excited about his trot.

emily: ooooh, i see. i figured it was something like that. cool! that's wierd that he spaces out. and he doesn't let you ride him??? Like...won't let you get on, or throws you off?? and he's being protective of you by not letting you ride??? sorry, i'm confused still [smile] i can see him not letting you ride inky, but... i'm confused [Wink] course, that's not all that unusual these days. i'm finally now getting back my brain cells from this weekends hecticness! oooh, have fun at the clinic!!!

megan: aaaaackkkk, that sounds crazy insane! but it does sound like you're handling it well. that's awesome that you got to join the event team afterall. and good that vegas wasn't hurt too bad and she doesn't have to go out again with the crazy mare! good luck on all your work and exams and projects. so.... you're going to come back home next semester but you'll have a two hour commute! eeeeek, talk about being busy. are you sure it's worth coming home if you won't EVER be home?!! hee hee. sorry. i had too. that's a lot of driving back and forth. just be careful! i tend to fall asleep in the car while i'm driving. it's not a good thing! anyways... glad you are getting things figured out. i was never good at time management either!

so..... i'm am so fed up with my job! i'm just sooooooooo mad. i got stuck late multiple times... 4 hours late on sunday then only had 11 hours before i had to be back in again for the 3rd time in a row. WHEN!!! am i supposed to ride my horse, do laundry, grocery shop???? It takes an hour to get there, 30 minutes to get home, i still have to shower and feed the critters, so that leaves me with just barely enough time to get in 7 hours of sleep. So instead i got 4 hours and did my laundry and went grocery shopping and did the dishes and cleaned the house. and i was not a happy camper! it's just insane. they give me and the other doc a weekend off every 4th weekend but don't have anyone else fill our shifts. so we're just down a vet. and they know that we can't just up and leave our other docs there to deal with it and we won't make the poor animals wait, so they just let us stay 2-7 hours past our shifts...WITHOUT extra pay!!! i did a $3500 surgery AFTER my shift had ended... and i'm not gonna get any compensation for that! it's just so frustrating. i was so livid the other day. i was just mad at the world. today i'm better though, cause i actually got to leave 30 minutes BEFORE My shift was over... still hasn't evened out the total of about 8 hours of overtime THIS Week, but it was nice. and i got to ride my pony and today is my last shift... until saturday! argh....

anyways... i'm so gonna suck at this show this weekend! it's gonna be awful. but....oh well. i should just scratch but i need one more score to be able to submit all my scores for the year. doubt anything will come of it, since they aren't good scores yet, but.. oh well. we had an okay ride today. our leg yields were great but our canter to trot to canter transitions were AWFUL! he kept running into them... argh. so maybe we can fix those before saturday! hah! oh well.

on a good note... i did find a dressage judge that gives lessons and lo and behold she's like 5 minutes from me! wish i had known that 3 years ago when we moved in! oh well. so i'm gonna get some lessons with her in addition to my lessons with karen.

anyways... best be off to get ready for work.

have a great day

Marie - I will probably watch the show, although I'm not a a huge fan of Robert Dover, but that's my opinion. [smile]

Megan - I know how you feel about overload at school! Eek! Between Thursday and Tuesday I average between 4 and 14 hours of homework! Sucks about Vegas getting kicked, good thing she's getting better! [big Grin] Awesome that you get to ride with the team now! Sweet! So you made the decision that you're going to OSU?

Holly - I don't know if he'll let me ride him or not, but when he gets like that I just don't try and we do ground work. It's kind of good for us because we need to actually work on our ground manners anyways. And by "not letting me ride" I mean like... I can kinda steer, but we can't accomplish anything because he won't let me ride anything more than steering! I really should be more clear, huh?! WHAT?! You don't get paid for your overtime?! That's stupid! I say do something about it! Or just leave once your shift is done and tell them that if they want you to stay they're going to have to pay you for it! Awesome about the new trainer!

MY PONIE IS SOUND! Which means that I get to go to my Over Fences show this weekend! YAY! I'm so excited! We're doing the 2' divisoin, and we're totally gonna kick butt! Right? RIGHT?!

Lipton was kinda neglected today, poor dude, but we were just so busy so only 1 load of horses got out today! Oh well... Nothing else new. Off to do Physics (Got mad at my German homework and decided just not to do it), and then studying for my English Test tomorow... Eep!

Oh, also, I got the new PostSecret book, and I love it! For those of you who don't know, the link is here. Just a warning, some of it is kinda inapropriate! But it's amazing, and I love it, and PostSecret rocks my world.

Lauren - Nope, still no word from the uni guy.. waiting, waiting, waiting. Aw Scotch looks good! Have a fun lesson and have fun with Jeremy!

Holly - Yes this weekend is the show, eeek lol. Actually I'm not that stressed about it, whatever happens happens. Oh no! That is incredibly sucky about work [Eek!] I would be very... angry to say the least. That is very, very unfair that they aren't paying you overtime, and that's a LOT of overtime. I would be doing some talking.. blackmailing... extortion even [Wink] to get something fair from it. You always have another option... and it doubles as a bargaining chip. Arg I would be annoyed.

Emily - YAY! YES you will kick butt!!! Oh my gosh, Hahaha that Postsecret thing is funny!

McKenzie - Nice work riding in your double. Sounds like a great lesson!

Megan - Yay for time management! Aw no poor Vegas! Being picked on in the pasture [Frown] That's great that your schedule was changed! I'm glad the sickness wasn't anything major.

So the ponies had their teeth done on Monday. Lightning was the most well behaved for the dentist, and the dentist said so herself. Although my instructors big, warmblood with attitude came in second because he fell asleep (without sedation [Razz] ). Lightning only got first because he didn't move his feet the entire time.

It's now Thursday, tomorrow I have to go set up for the competition and help the little kiddies with their tests and help them practice. Then clean my tack and boots, and finish up a couple of things. Our Pdd is going to be spiffy! Haha I hope, if we don't die laughing half way through. You'll understand once you see what we're wearing [Wink] . My instructor doesn't even know what we're doing but suggested a tutu might add to the atmosphere. Unfortunately that would be out of character so we couldn't do that. [Cool]

I'm more excited about the Pdd than the actual, serious test [Razz] Is that bad?? Oh well.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

SOOOO TIRED. I am sick of napping, of being tired all the time. Thankfully, I see the doc today about the anti-depressants. I think maybe the med is contributing to the fatigue. We'll see. We have a four day weekend starting tomorrow, so I may try uping the pills I have left and see if that makes things worse. If so, I'll know to change meds. If not, maybe it's the depression making life difficult.

Tuesday evening I had some fun. After watching the trainer school Eli (big, 3yo perch/morgan x) cross county, she hopped off and handed me her helmet. So I got on and jumped Eli out in the big pasture. It was the first time I've jumped in about two years, and it was outside over baby improvised cross country jumps. [smile] We did both the low side and the high part of the downed tree limb (about 2' in the high part), jumped the creek (ditch with running water), and jumped a small stack of ground poles. I am pleased to report that after two years away from jumping I no longer throw my upper body a stride out. I did notice a tendency to pinch with my knees and pivot the lower leg back and occasionally forgot to reach up the neck to release, but other than that did fairly well. Now if I can just win the lottery and buy myself a hunter or lower level eventer to play with...

Tracy

emily: oooh, i get it. Sorry, i just was confused. makes sense now though. Hopefully the SCIO will help him out. and yeah.. no paid overtime, but that's what salaried means... and i occasionally get to leave an hour early but not nearly as often as i get stuck late! and i would just leave but the animals need help and the other vets then get screwed, so... i'm a sucker and i stay. yep, i'm excited about the new coach too, but i'm definately keeping my old one! i had a great lesson today. the new one is just a here and there type...instead of doing clinics since they are so far and few between here and then tend to be on weekends. and YES you and inky are gonna kick major spotted butt at the 2'!!! rock on sista! postsecret is crazy! addictive though [smile]

lightning: cool, we'll be showing together! and i've got the same thoughts too... not quite prepared like i should be, so oh well! we'll just do the best we can and not expect too much. hee hee. yeah... but like i said, that's what happens when you're salaried. and yeah.... gonna talk about it tomorrow and give them my final answer by the end of next week. EEEEKKKK!!! still a bit apprehensive, but.... yay for lightning!! OHMYGOSH you have to post video's of your PDD!!! atleast pics!! i can't wait to see it. and hey, better to start laughing mid test than crying! or puking for that matter! hee hee. good luck this weekend. i'll be thinking of you guys.

tracy: i'm sorry you feel so icky. have you had your thryoid checked? the only reason i ask is cause my coach today was talking about how they switched her thyroid meds and she's no longer that dead tired i need a nap or else tired she's been dealing with. might be worth looking into. i actually thought about it too since i like to have my 5 pm nap, but...i'm a slacked. THOUGH... i did make another dentist appt...after living on ibuprofen for a month and half. [Duh] hope you get something figured out though, cause that's no fun. oooh, what fun jumping. it is fun isn't it! sounds like you did great!

so.... had a great lesson today. ran through the tests and... karen pointed out that per usual... SLOW DOWN!!! he ehee. but lo and behold..she's right! of course, she's always right and we almost ALWAYS need to slow down. so then it was much prettier. She also told me to break the canter/trot/canter transition into a canter to trot transition and then a trot to canter transition. Which... duh, but... it actually made so much sense in my brain!!! i felt like i was doing canter to trot to canter... so i was missing that it was a downward and then an upward... mine were sorta running together. poor fleck, no wonder he was bolting into them. so yay! it was better. still not quite prepared like we should be but... oh well. too late now!!! next year we'll really rock 1st level! this year, it was more of a let's show it so that i can make myself work on it. so this year will be more of a lets' show it cause we've got it! still probably just schooling shows though i may be brave and try a rec. show. eeeekkkk.

anyways.. the weather is just gorgeous here! sooooo pretty. but a little bit chilly last night.

anyways... of to clean tack and such.

have a fantastic weekend and good luck to those who are showing!!

holly

Holly- Oh my dressage saddle is still @ the fitters! This weekend I'll probably get the wither tracings and pics to send to my Albion lady so she can get it fixed. Hopefully that will fix the problem of it sitting to the left on me! OMG you hiked 18miles in the rain!! ohhh man. Jeremy knew I wasn't a happy camper when we hiked in total silence for 2miles. lol. You should have seen the blisters on me heels! They hurt so bad afterwards...I was like a gimp. Poor Jeremy felt bad...and then i felt bad b/c he felt bad.

How's the job treating you?? Have you looked into other clinics?

Boocoo- yeh..i think it won't return! lol. ugh my Stats class is kicking me in the booty. *sighs* Congrats on your great placing! we are so proud of you and your handsome boy! [big Grin] And I think I'm going to have to buck up and buy a browband some day. They are gorgeous....I need to look through and find a nice one for Scotch...hehe.

Emily- Glad to hear that your boy is sound! YAY!

McKenzie- yes you are right...at least in order to make a decent living it is neccessary...

Ohh riding in a double! neat! Glad to hear things are going well. You should do groundwork w/ the reinback. It turned Jades 6's to 8's! hmm he goes behind the vertical...when does it start to happen? As you are asking for the reinback aid or before? What does Patty say?

Megan- hang in there!! I can't believe that you were @ Devon too. Bummer that we missed each other. What section where you in? Hope that Vegas is doing better and that the other mare is now isolated! Ohhh we must get together before you head back home!!!

LTS- ohhh well hopefully it will come any day now!! hehe Scotch is a furry gremlin these days. It is getting pretty chilly here. Have fun @ the show!

So my jump lesson wasn't all that great. I mean it was nice to jump but the indoor at this place was TINY and you can't really put up any combinations. Or you'll run into the wall. So my situation is that i can't find a decent event/jump trainer around here. And this lady I rode w/ is very nice but she told me that she probably can't teach me...as I have too much experience for her?? She barely said anything throughout the lesson...ugh. It was kind of funny as the owner of the barn watched part of my lesson ( I was riding pretty late) and put me on this new horse that no one can seem to go on the aids and have him going well O/F. He was fun and he just was unsure about the contact. I think someone must have had rough hands. In 5mins he found out the contact wasn't tight at all and was soft and elastic. He went quite well...so the owner wouuld like me to come out and school him for her...only problem is the barn is about 1/2-40mins away! So no way I can do that. Anyways Scotch was HYPER yesterday...it was soo windy and rainy. He had a lovely unintentional piaffe going [Roll Eyes] and was just a wild man! lol. I was going to ride tonight but am exhausted...bad me as I have my first lesson on him tomorrow night! Hopefully it will go well...then he will get clipped on Sunday.....

Anyone else clipping this month??

Have a great weekend!

lauren: hee hee. sounds like fun. i'm sorta right there with yah in that i can't find a jump coach. but i know there are plenty around me, i just need to get off my butt and find one that will call me back! glad you had the pony going nice. hee he piaffes! fun fun fun!

anyways... i need ya'lls help! me and some friends are doing a hunter pace halloween weekend and we need costume ideas. it's not required, but fun!

we've got a group of four... me on fleck, a girl on a bay TB, a really gold with blonde hair drafty cross (i guess a palomino but she's like GOLD), and then a little fewspot leopard appy. i had some great suggestions on the eventing board, but wanted some more ideas [smile]

thanks!

okay, off to shower and get to bed. gotta get up fairly early to bathe and clip and then go show and then work 4-4!!!!

holly

ETA: OMG!! i totally forgot to tell ya'll!!! my horse is a FREAKO!!! so i hauled to another barn the day before my lesson to ride. and he was great. i got there early so no one else around and minimal distractions. So afterwards, i was just walking around on a loose rein talking to a friend that had just got on and was riding. Well, they've got really nice thick soft sand. so fleck sniffed poop, which he always does... then he takes a few shifts and i feel his head drop, then his knees start to buckle. OH CRUD!!! he's totally going down!!! But luckily it was in slo-mo so i was able to jump out and over. Dingbat totally went down adn started to roll. at first i was like...WHAT!?! then i was like "GET UP DON"T ROLL OVER AND BREAK MY SADDLE!!!!" and he got up. silly twit! it was filthy. but luckily it's a wintec so i just brushed it off. then i was s nice mommy and took it off so he could roll. he just looked at me like..What?! argh.. so then i had him in the cross-ties talking and i look over and he's chewing on a rock! jeepers... then later he's in the little turn-out paddock by the ring and the horses are being turned out and running, so he does his silly tail in the air OVER his butt, rabbit hop thing... here's pics! i'm so embarrassed. he's just such a weirdo!!! but i love my wierdo!

-

-

notice the tail..... or lack thereof!

[ 10-12-2007, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: FleckenAwesome ]

Hahaha Ok here we go... PDD masterpiece

Dislcaimer:

Yes Lightning looks like a giraffe.. he had already done my other test a short while before and he isn't physically capable working properly for that long so I just left him to cruise, hey it was meant to be fun . Oh and our geometry is off too. Fitting things like a 3 20m loop serpentine, for two people, in a small arena is interesting, so we had to improvise, hehe.

We practiced yesterday afternoon and it crashed and burned.. so we didn't have high hopes for it. We also look like idiots but that's because we are [big Grin] and we love it!

If you notice there are people sitting at C. One of them got video, so I'll try and get her copy too, it'll probably be better.... Dadtography is almost worse than mumtography. [Razz]

I ended up with second place in our division.. out of 4 [ROTFL] , On my test which can only be described as poop..... but I got a pretty ribbon [Razz]

[ 10-13-2007, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

Boocoo - I LOVE the color green. I love how it looks on Teddy too, so I think I would get a browband that at least has some green in it. With the reinback I apparently let him get too low in the poll. I ask for reinback by tilting forward, and use my leg and hand aids in diagnol pairs (so left hand and right leg for example). What happened at Regionals, is that his legs did not move in clear diagnol pairs. When I do not use enough leg, he dives down and gets BTV - not a ton, but still some. Patty has me practice it by going from the trot to halt, which helps practice square halts, and then I ask for only one to two steps backward and go immediately foward into the walk or trot again. That helps keep him forward, and makes it so he does not feel defensive.

Megan - Wow, you are SO busy!! My sister feels the same way. She is a nursing major, and pretty much sleeps. eats and studies. That is scary about the Strangles outbreak, I would be concerned too. Sorry to hear about Vegas, but glad you got that other horse out of the paddock with her. That sounds rather dangerous!! But glad she is not seriously hurt or anything.

Holly - Oh cool! It looked like there were a lot of dressage arenas...I think the website said 6 or 8? However, I have done more investigating and requested hauling quotes from Olympia, WA (where I am) to Wayne IL, and it is going to be very expensive. Like $4k round trip. Not to mention my parents and I flying there, hotels, food, the costs of the actual show, etc. So I would be borrowing a local horse to ride instead of hauling Teddy up there. That sounds INCREDIBLY frustrating about the overtime situation. Is there anything you can do?? That doesn't seem right!! That's super news about the dressage judge you can lesson with, awesome!! That is hilarious about Fleck, I always love it when Teddy does that tail thing in the pasture...always makes him look more Arab.

Emily - That is such good news Inkster is sound!! Can't wait to hear how the show went.

LST - Thanks! I can't watch the YouTube video on this computer, but I will be able to later...can't wait!! Congrats on your placing, sounds like it was fun [big Grin]

Tracy - Hope you can get things sorted out with your meds and fine something that works for you. Wow, sounds like a lot of fun with Eli! Very cool.

Lauren - I like the double. I just don't want to get too dependent on it, so I am riding in both that and the snaffle. We'll see how things go over winter. I am both nervous and excited for 3rd Level. I am considering doing both 2nd and 3rd, it really depends on how our winter goes, and how much we progress. The things I need to work on are really related to ME, not so much Teddy. I need to learn how to relax more, just in general but especially at shows. At home, it's usually not a problem, but if I don't "get it" (whatever it is we are doing), sometimes I get tense, which transfers to Teddy, and then we get in a pulling match and EVERYTHING falls apart. So we do have some things to smooth over...Patty put me in my place last Thurs. at my lesson. I overthink things sometimes, so mentally I need to slow down some and just relax, and let Teddy be. Not sure if that all makes sense or not... That is frustrating about the jumping lesson, and lack of a good trainer. Ahhh, I need to get Teddy clipped before long too.

So my last lesson, on Thurs. was kind of frustrating. I think I am focusing too much on Third Level, when I need to just slow down and when things are not right, don't do them, go back to the basics. Patty said I need to have more "neck control", something Conrad Schumacer stresses. I don't have him soft and through enough, and then I cannot get him adjustable in his frame. I am going to ride today and am just going to practice on the basics, not the "tricks". It's not like we have a huge training hole, not sure if that's what it sounds like, but sometimes I just get in Teddy's way....I feel like I am just rambling, but what it comes down to is I have a few things to figure out.

So Holly, Fleck is a weirdo and Beau is a fruitloop, but we love em anyway, right? He he. That's what gives them character.

Luv, I agree, a green sparkly browband for Teddy. Good info on the reinback. I will have to remember that.

I had my rated show today. You will have to read all about it on the post I am posting with pictures. I go back again tomorrow! I have some very exciting news about today!!!!!!!!! That's it, that's all I'm telling, You will just have to go read about it, on it's own thread!! [big Grin]

Lightning: Awesome PDD!!! that was great! i think ya'll should have done the tutu's though [Wink] Awesome. i really want to do a PDD or even just a freestyle but i just can't make myself DO IT!!

Mckenzie: yeah... it's EXPENSIVE!!! i get about 10 mpg and it cost me about $1200 in gas hauling up and back from georgia. luckily i had a friend too so it was split in half. But yeah... for eventing you have to ride your horse, but it makes sense that you could ride another horse. i think they had three arena's in the huge ring, one next to it, and then a warm up ring behind them. Then another warm up ring by the barns, another ring across the little road, two or three other warm up rings by the other barns... so yeah! plenty of rings!!! and neat trails across the street. way fun! yep, i'm excited about my lesson next week. i'm definately sticking with karen, but this will just be an occasional lesson to supplement stuff with karen. she's awesome about fleck but tends to forget about me so i'm hoping the new person will help me with me a little more. so we'll see. i may not like her, but... she is super close, so..hopefully it'll work out. Oooh, a double. sounds fun. and that's smart to use the snaffle too so you don't get to rely on the double. don't worry! you'll figure out your issues. and likely it won't take that long. But best to step back if needed and fix them now [smile]

Boo: awesome show! i did post this time [smile] My show went well too... more below. And.. .my browband came today! not one like yours, but it's pretty! you've encouraged me to try a rated show perhaps this year! but we'll see.

so.... fleck was fantastic today. my friends from work came over with their kids and he gave "pony" rides. hee hee. he's such a good horse. i can take him out cross country at 500 mpm balls out and then i can put little babies on him too! he's just such a curious little guy, he was all over us when we came out. he sorta gave me a dirty look when i made him walk for the pony rides, but he had fun playing with them. and he was obsessed with the little 9 month old girl. so cute! so between lack of sleep and doing that and grocery shopping, i didn't get to ride other than the 3 minutes i hopped on bareback afterwards to show the older kids a trot and canter. but hopefully tomorrow... i have to go to the dentist but i'm hoping i will be able to ride before work.

so... my BROWBAND CAME!!!!! it is 18" and it looked HUGE but it fits' his freakin' ginormous head. it's sooo pretty. it's flat brown leather with holes punched out in a design with navy blue underneath. very modest. AND it matches both bridles pretty perfectly. so now i just can't decide what to do....

show in the white padded bridle, put the new browband on the jump or everyday bridle, OR put the new browband on the everday bridle and show in it and make the padded bridle the everyday bridle, or... put it on my jump bridle and use it for jumping (shows and at home). i can't decide. I'll have to get pics and take a vote [smile] but... my camera is still with my coach. i let her keep it after the show to get pics of the other students..

so..the show! i'll pics and video once i get my camera back.

but it was great! Fleck was really good. Totally a good boy. When we got there though he about flew out of the trailer and flattened me cause the neighbor has sheep. which he's seen before so it's been awhile. But then he finally calmed down. karen said it was the FIRST time she's ever seen us warming up and NOT had to say Slow Down! hee hee. he felt great. So we did 1-3 and DUMB ME!!! i totally went the wrong way after the first leg yeild and realized it before she did. so i sorta stopped midway in my lengthen and turned around. she said that she had already scored it so to start after it, but.... it was CRAP since i sorta gave up half-way. oh well. it was fine after that but i was a bit frazzled, so it wasn't our best. we only scored a 57 point something. But we won it cause it was just us [smile] whoo hoo. It's frustrating cause i'll get 33's in eventing dressage which translates to 67's but i haven't broke much higher than 60 recently. guess its' also cause i'm doing 1-3 and 1-4 instead of training eventing test. but still. it's frustrating. but.... oh well. so anyways... then we had a quick break and then i rode 1-4. not much warm up cause i was letting him rest and then was like OOPs, we go. But HE WAS FANTASTIC!!!! atleast if felt great! i was soooo proud of him. He was perfect! even with the stupid people walking in the woods outside the ring. Our lengthens were maybe a bit wobbly and our leg yields weren't perfect, but better than we usually do. and our canter serpentine was AWESOME! i thought anyways. he maintained the same steady ryhthm, stayed round, and was very smooth. But... apparently my geometry is off cause i didn't quite make it to x, which the judge took off for because of the decreased difficulty. i could have smacked myself! duh!!! we've been schooling three loop serpentines, so it's not that he couldn't do it! it's just that i didn't quite realize we hadn't made it that far over. that'll teach me to ride in the pasture. argh... oh well. she basically wrote to work on my geometry, which... i can fix that! so it was nice to hear. We got an 8 on our halt again, and a 7 on our free walk!!!!! which is HUGE for us! i was so proud. So there was only one other person in that test, and it was my friend. didn't see her test cause i was warming up, but... she looked good in warm up, so... but we beat her, which was nice, cause we ended up with 2 blue ribbons!! nice day huh! but... i'm sorta confused, cause we always have issues with our left leg yield. i always feel like it's worse than our right, but the judges usually score it better? any ideas? i'll have to look at the video and talk to karen about it.

anyways... videos and pics to come. it was a good day.

hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Okay guys, I really have to get to my homework, so I don't have time to catch up with everyone, but I will let you all know that we didn't kick butt at our show because Inky went lame durring our Warm Up round and we didn't get to show. [Frown] I knew something was wrong when he refused the first fence, and then the second fence, so I pulled him up and decided to scratch. Ugh! It just makes me so mad that I have 5 horses and the only one who hasn't hurt himself in the last 2 months is the one that A) I'm trying to sell, and B) I can't really do anything with anyways! UGH!

I'll update with everyone as soon as I get the chance.

Fleck, take your horse to a rated dressage show. I don't think the feeling is any different than a schooling show. You two will be fine and can certainly handle it.

Spot, to bad about your show. Sorry to hear that. Hope your horse is ok.

I am beat and going to bed now.

Emily- I feel you..Scotch was really funky behind....

Vet is coming out today... *sigh*

I swear need a live in vet for this PONY! He can't seem to stay sound.....