Sign in to follow this  
Boocoo

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 17!!!

*whew* well that was fun.

Hi guys! [smiley Wavey]

I'll just from where I left off lets see...Woohoo I was the 400th poster! Yeh Man! alright...

Boocoo- Sounds like the auditing was a great learning experience. How fun! Can't wait to hear how your lessons went!

Kyalii- Thanks. Teeka is a pretty cute paint. She is an absolute blast to jump!! OOO where you heading off to college at? You'll do fine. Did you decide to take your guy with you? I wish I could have taken my event horse but I was going to school in Philly and board down there was a bajillion dollars too much for me= very very poor college student...I had to sell my guy half way through my first semester. But it would be pretty sweet if you could take your guy. And your right college can be scarey..I was nervous my first day being there...but you'll quickly get beyond that point and come to find out that its just another day [big Grin]

LTS- haha AIM! Yeh I have that! thanks I think Scotch has got one up on her too [Razz] LMAO haha yeh it does sound like i'm an alky. ooo man. he's doing pretty good. Today was his first time trotting in over almost 2 months! It was like trot once around one way and trot once around the other way. He seemed to stay pretty sound...but is a bit fussy in the bridle. Sooo its back to square one with that. I'm thinking I will try a Dr. Bristol on him..and see how he likes that bit. How's your guy doing?? OMY a horse got stuck under the fence lol..that is kind of funny though.

Emily- LOL you can live your love life through mine. bhahaha! Well good news things are still going well! Good luck at your show? Did you leave already? I'm all confused now. Glad that you had a great time in NYC!

Megan- wait Vegas isn't coming to school in the fall?? Scotch and I can hitch hike..if need be. Or we'll just become permant XC machines! YEH MAN! Are you totally stoked for the last HP book??? I believe i'm going to go and wait in line at midnight for it and then read it all night! BAHAHAH! Cute pics BTW! Vegas is a cutie pie. Thanks i needed the hugs. OMG and no mudslides are wicked good...haha maybe when you head out this way and you turn 21 *cough or better yet getfakeidcough cough* we can go out! *devious grin* you should see the bruise on my leg from where I erum ran into a table....whileI was hohum not intoxicated. oh these weary days!

McKenzie- sounds like you've been one busy girl! Thanks the car accident was scarey but i survived lol. I'm so jealous that everyone is getting to show...I'm still working on getting my pony to trot. Anyways I'ms ure you'll do superfabulous! Good luck and can't wait to hear how it went!

Holly- sounds like you need a drink *passes a martini* good luck!

Shelly- Welcome back it looks like it was beautiful there and I would have done the same thing with just relaxing and getting DRINKS! woohoo! OOOO that would be awesome if you would let me do that...I think I would have to come up in a week or so in advance to sit on him beforehand in case I screw him up and you go oh not such a good idea. Lauren you suck at riding..get off my horse! Yup Jeremy came up and I guess we are still sticking to it! We haven't discussed "terms" or what this thing that is going on between us. He's coming out of a very bad relationship and he is certainly taking his time....now i'm getting a bit frusterated but I'll get over it and allow him to take his time...i guess. I bet you missed Razzle and i'm sure he missed YOU! How's the riding going and when is your next show? And I have more pics of that paint...she is a lot of fun to ride.

Ok I hope I didn't miss anyone!

So not much going on here! Scotch is offically allowed to go out into this very small paddock for....*drum roll* 1 whole Hour! LOL. And today we trotted...once around the ring on both reins. That is all I'm allowed to do. He stayed pretty even...though he was fussy in the bridle on the left rein.. [Frown] i'm hoping its him just being fussy and not hurting...but tomorrow I'll do the same thing and see what he is like. might have to go back to the walk again. I'm also going to ride him in a french link to see what he makes of that. Yesterday we went for a hike...up a MOUNTAIN! At the base I looked at Jeremy and went oh man I'm going to die. But I did make it up and down! lol...I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I would be!

OHHH and Holly this is Arturo (Art) the baby that I was riding/jumping at Janet's. I LOVE him.

Art the big still gangly baby 17.1 and STILL growing

-

Art snuggles Lauren

-

And one of the baby!

-

mckenzie: oops...did i mention it was late! hee hee. sorry. i'll have to apologize to lightning too! oooh, good luck at the show!! i want pics!

boocoo: [Duh] ahh, the whip... but alas for me, cause i can't manage to use the whip and the reins all in one setting. yet somehow i can pat my head and rub my stomach while chewing gum and riding my horse! [Yay] but i can agree to the outside rein suppling technique. that one is a winner! i do think sometimes that i need to learn how to use the whip. hee hee. yep, a work in progress! wow, don't you just love it when they get better each and every ride!! awesome. good luck at your show. sounds like you are super ready! hope it doesn't rain!

lauren: hee hee. that's sad...my board was sooo much cheaper at college. i was paying $450 in highschool and told dad that i wasn't going if roany didn't come with. turns out board was only $250 or something like that, so he was like..okay! and actually... no martini's for holly! i get mean! we were having dinner with friends one night and i had one chocolate raspberry martini and told mike's friends in response to mike saying that for someone who smokes, his heart rate is nice and slow. my response....that's cause you don't have a heart, you have a cold piece of ice! [Eek!] where did that come from!? it was sorta meant as a joke, but came out eerily not joky! oh well. i'll just stick to my vanilla rum and coke. although vodka is my second fave! Awwww, cute pics! art's a hunk!! and the baby is sooo cute.

emily; glad you live. good luck at the next show. can't wait for results and pics of both of them.

vegas: hee heee. bozo the clown. that would be awesome. but i bet i can't do it with a straight face! the other question i love is "are you old enough to be a veterinarian!?"...well, atleast they recognize that it takes schooling after high school. i just never know whether to take that question as an insult or compliment...a yes i do look young thank you, or...i'm sorry, but i'm a doctor and you need to listen to what i'm saying about your pet not focus on my age! but i guess it's only a few people that i get that witchy vibe going on. oh yeah... vet school is soooooo much more fun than undergrad. freshman year is okay..lots of core, but then second year you start learning about kidney failure and such. it's awesome! yay your boots came. you got splint boots too? but not the plaid ones right? ha ha...that's awesome. i can totally see vegas saying that to the jump. oooh, i'm with you on the weather. i hate humidity. i about melted in my lesson today. but thunderstorms are awesome! one night at the barn we had those lightning storms. the heat lightning in the clouds. it was sunset and i just sat and watched. so long that mike called and was like "WHERE ARE YOU!?!". he ehee. ooops. awesome about the barn. make sure they rough it up a bit so the concrete isn't too slippery! awesome... i love the random question! poo is awesome. so a fecal ball or two should be plenty!!! i think you only really need like two ounces, but i'd take a ball just to make sure you got plenty.

lighting: sorry! i got confused...and gave props to mckenzie for the fun appy story! but...great story! hee hee.

anyways... i had a great lesson today. of course! fleckers was awesome, but i'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed about the show. it's just a schooling show, but i'm doing 1-3, only the second time showing it and about the 6th time (if even) riding it. and 1-4 for the first time. haven't actually ridden that whole test yet and the show is in...three days!! i guess it's cause today i read a bunch of articles and got a great appreciation for the reasonings of doing the tests in order and etc. so now i'm feeling panicked about being able to do the stuff when i'm still flailing my way around the earlier tests. but... breathe... it's just a schooling show...it's just a schooling show and a small little local one at that. i should think of it as a fix-a-test instead of a show, so i can help realize what i need to work on. though i don't think i need a judge for that! oh well. our canter serpentines feel really good. it's getting him to come back from the lengthens in time. he likes to get quick at the serpentines...probably from all those times i got mad at him for changing leads when i had him bent for it and my weight shifted for it. [Duh] poor pony. he puts up with so much. on a funny note.. i left him in my trainers pasture while we went to lunch first. and when i came back and went to get him to tack up. he saw me coming and said "ugh, this means i'm gonna have to work, cause it's a lesson!" and took off running. except when fleck runs.... he thinks he's an arabian...or a siberian husky... his short little tail goes not just straight up! but up and over his back, with a downward curl! it's horrid!!! he looks all piggy. but man...that extended trot....gorgeous!!! then he finally heard me rattling the cookie jar and ...it was hilarious. he's sooo transparent. he stopped...looked at me holding cookies...looked at his friends on the other side of the fence..looked at me....guess who won?! the cookies of course! but yeah..good lesson. and lunch was yummy too.

alright...i guessed i've blabbed enough...

off to bed!

Boocoo: Eu veh, that's a lot of rain! Our annual is somewhere around 40", but most of that comes in showers that last literally hours at a time for about 7 months. We've had days on end where it is not raining heavily, but it hasn't ever stopped raining....That's just so wierd that you have had so much rain! Does this happen every El Nino year?...Yay for Beau being a good boy! You are going to do so well at the show! I'm with you though, after these next two shows and once I get to school it'll be back to work for 1st level...

Lauren: I don't remember what I put in my last post to you, but yes Vegas is coming with me to school, she is just staying there for Christmas break because I'm only going to be home for like two weeks if that. OMFG I cannot wait to read that book!!!! Day after tomorrow!! Except I have a show Saturday so I have to have my mom get the book for me so I won't actually start reading until that evening after I am home. Haha I believe you about the mudslides, but I don't drink: caffeine gives me heart palpitations and convulsions, pseudophedrine will make me wired for about 30 minutes then I'm basically comatose for 3 hours, so I'm kinda scared to see what would happen if I were to drink [Question] Oooh Scotch is no longer a jail pony!! Hopefully it is him just being a goofball and not because he is sore! Vegas loves her frinch link! Ooooh I love hiking! I wish I could do it more but unfortunately if I want to be able to walk and ride the next day I have to save my knees and forego the hiking [Frown] But I'm glad you had fun. Jeremy is such a sweet boy for taking you to all those fun places! AAAWWWW Art is SOOOOO CUTE!!!! So I know it's not a sign of age, but he still looks pretty dapply for being so young...

Holly: Yeah if that's what it would take to be a vet I would fail. I'm such a bad artist! Hmmm that would be a wierd question. I picture old people saying that who have this thing against young women being proffesionals...Oooh Kidney failure?! Hahaha in senior year anatomy I had to do a special presentation on the renal system, so my dad helped me make a working model of it: we took a funnel and had two hoses run out of it to two fuel filters (kidneys) then from there two hoses (ureters) ran to a latex glove (bladder) that had a valve (sphincter) to another hose (urethra) that went out into the world. Then I took water and added a bunch of red glitter and a few drops of yellow food coloring and a drop of soap to break surface tension, and you had blood plasma and erythrocytes. Pour it into the funnel, it travels down to the filters where the red glitter is removed and you are left with only the yellow water (and a dab of soap to make it foamy) that goes to the bladder! It was awesome! The model is still hanging in my anatomy teacher's classroom...Yeah I got a new pair of woof boots for XC, then I decided that my old XC boots would just be the ones I used everyday. But man I wish I had those plaid boots! Oooh storms are the best! But honestly they do kinda scare me a little so I just watch them from my front porch or my car. The barn and the whole driveway will be asphalt so it won't be too slippery I don't think, except now they're not paving till WEDNESDAY!!! so that means I can't use my barn aisleway where they did all the grading! Thanks, maybe I will bring two balls then since she has small poo!...OMG II'm riding T1 T3 and T4 at the show Saturday and I've only ridden T3 once, and the others NEVER! Oh well, that's what readers are for [big Grin] Hahaha I can totally see Fleck with his little tail all curled up! Vegas has such a looonnnggg dock and thick tail that she can only lift it parallel to the ground, poor girl! Haha I can totally see

Fleck too having this major life decision: Friends or cookies or friends or cookies or friends or GAAAA!!! COOKIES!!!!

Not much new here, except this seems to be the time to have college freak out monents because I totally had one last night. I was talking to my bestest friend Dana, and she was saying how her getting married is going to be changing her life and then how even though we can still email and call, our friendship won't be the same because we won't actually be near each other. Then when I come back, so much will have changed that who knows what our friendship will be like. Then I started talking about how I had made so many decisions about my future then they all fell through, and then with this one everything just fell into place that it was like it was meant to be. But now that it's actually time to go I'm not so sure anymore. But Dana said it best after I told her all this: she said "I've always thought that you don't belong here. Everything that is going to happen for you is going to happen there." And I guess I know she's right, because when I was at the school I felt for the first time in my life that I really did belong there, that that's where I could be myself and where all my opportunities would be....But still, now when I think about leaving home I get so scared! I've made myself so comfortable here. Right now this is my home, and when all else fails I can come home. But once I leave that will change. I know it will always be my home, but not in the same way that it was....I think I am more scared to leave because leaving represents leaving behind a stage of my life that I'm not quite ready to let go of. I've never had to be independent and self sufficient before. I've never had to worry about my budget or anything like that before, I took it all for granted that Dad would take care of it. Now I have to do Life by myself 3,000 miles away. I'm not good at life!!....I dunno, I think the thing which makes it the easiest is also what makes it the hardest: I have to go. Not because we've already paid for everything, but because *I* have to go. Away from here. Sooner or later the Powers That Be would have made me leave this place because there is no future for me here. It's like my entire destiny is waiting for me to find it...just over there. It would be a whole lot easier if it were all here, but it's not.....So last night I was freaking out and I just went out to the barn, turned on the radio and crawled up on Vegas and laid there for like an hour as she ate her dinner mulling all this over. I think she understands - at least I hope she does, because she has to come with me, she's a part of my future.

Sorry to unload on all of you, and kudos if you actually read all of that, but I just am still freaking out a little bit.

megan: don't freak out. it'll be okay. and just think...you've got vegas to be there for yah. when you start to panic...just go to the barn and sit with her and you'll feel better. it's hard to not be scared and you probably should be a little bit, but.... don't let it really get to you. it'll be okay. though it will be hard to figure out the money thing. hee heee. speaking of.... i'm a princess, we all know that. so when i went to college and took my blazer i didn't realize that i had to do anything other than put gas in it. cause i guess my dad had always taken it to get the oil changed. so anyways...maybe he had changed it for me a few times while i was home visiting during the school year, but i don't really know. i never really stayed home long. but so anyways...that summer of my freshman year, mike and i were out and about...on a date i suppose and my check oil light came on and then my car just died! we pulled over and mike was like "when was the last time you changed your oil?" hee hee. i was like "change my what now?! what"!" hee hee. i seriously had no clue i was supposed to do that. so sure enough... bone dry! we filled it up and it ran fine. that poor blazer. i loved it, but.... i was hard on it. oh my gosh..sorry, one more funny story. so i had the chevy blazer and was on my way to work one morning. and i was wearing my favorite t-shirt that i had found at a thrift store. it was a ringer t and sooo comfy. but it said "this is ford country, where on a quiet night you can hear the chevies rusting"! heee hee. so yeah...go figure. my stupid chevy died and wouldn't start. so i had to get it towed to the chevy dealer, wearing that shirt!!! only me! turns out i was only running on 2 of my 6 pistons. poor Baldazar (blazers' name..) he really worked his little butt off for me. i think i also busted my drums or whatever twice too. not once, but twice. oh well. i finally retired him and got my first truck-clifford. i miss baldy though. it was during my punk rocker stage so i had purple hair, my green blazer which was covered in stickers like "vegetarians taste better", "meat is murder", "the get up kids", and all the other punk bands i listened to.. oh, i had the cutest sticker too. it had a little lobster on it and it said "lobster liberation! Being Boiled Alive hurts!". hee hee. but yeah.... i was hard core punk rock! Straight edge babY!!! which meant i didn't drink or do drugs but i had purple hair and a tongue ring. never did get a tatoo though. deep down i was really the girl next door country type...i just had a personality switch in high school and the beginning of college. ahhh, fun times, fun times [smile]

okay sorry for the quick visit to holly's past. i'm trying to stall going to the dump. i just spent a good 2 hours cutting down old fencing that has to go to the dump and it's about to storm...so i'm trying to decide if i should wait it out.

but i have to do it before tomorrow, so... guess i should go [smile]

anyways...megan, you'll be fine. college is fun and it sounds like you know this is the right thing to do. once you get there you'll realize how fun it is. i cried all the way to school my first day, cause i was leaving my dog and my family. But it's so much fun. you'll be happy! but you're gonna be nervous til you get there. just remember how you felt when you visited [smile]

Flecken, I could never use the whip in my left hand either. Of course I know that's not the only thing, but it sure helps reinforce my leg when I tap him behind it with the whip. I just had to suck it up and start doing it! That's the only way to learn, eh?

Vegas, when it's an El Nino year, the ocean currents flow the opposite direction, hence places that normally don't get rain, get tons of rain. Texas is also coming out of a 4 year drought!

Did I mention how good Beau was during my lesson yesterday. He got today off cause the sand is all gone out of the arena. The guy is re-doing the base and bringing all new sand. If it doesn't rain tonight I will ride the field tomorrow.

ARG! Sorry guys, I didn't get a chance on wednsday and I really don't have time tonight either, but I had to hop on and tell everyone this (I PROMISE I'll catch up monday if not before!).

So we were at the show today, and Custom Saddlery is there, right? Well, I asked Emma if she thought that it was the same Custom Saddlery that made Lipton's saddle, and she reminded me that they used to OWN him! Holy cow! So after our ride I went up to the guy and was like "I have an odd question for you.." and he's like "ookay..." and I'm like "did you used to live in New Jersey?" (Remembering that the people who owned him before Shannon lived in New Jersey and had imported him), and he's like "...Yeaaah..." and I'm like "Did you used to own a horse named Lipton Ice?" And he's like "Umm.. my... wife... did..." And I dropped my reins and spread my arms out and was like "Say Hello!" He was SO shocked! So we talked about Lipton a bit and eventually we asked him what they used to call him, well, Appernetly, Lipton's barn name used to be Ray... The guy said it and he perked up and was like "umm... You know my old name?! You LOOK farmilliar but I can't say why! Why do you know my name?!" So we've jokingly started calling him Ray, and he looks at us like we're crazy every time. It's pretty funny.

So yeah, that's the story of my horses life. [Razz] I'll catch up ASAP.

Megan - hehe Vegas must be feeling GOOD. Hahaha what a great shirt, so true! I have..16 weeks and 5 days until I am finished high school. Not that I'm counting or anything [Wink][Huggy] It's a big step into the unknown, try to go in with an open mind and take whatever it throws at you as experience. [Huggy] and we'll still be here, your second home [big Grin]

Boocoo - Sounds like a great clinic to audit! And Beau is being such a good boy!!!!

Shelly - WOW, I am so jealous! Look at that pool [Eek!] So so jealous, LOL. I'm glad you had a great time! Is that an elephant sitting on the towel?, teehee.

Holly - LOL, I meant they weren;t cool plaid ones of anything. I imagine if that did happen someone would come and tell us off for loitering... yep back to school, but that's alright, it's almost over. I'm glad you are back to normal after that working marathon. Sounds like a GREAT ride, good job! good luck at your show!! LOL it's alright Holly, I won't take it personally [Razz] LMAO, cookies rule all.. HAHA and that oil was the beginning of a great relationship.

McKenzie - Sounds like you are busy, a good busy though. Good luck at the Champagne Classic, you'll be great. [smile]

Emily - You're alive!! and busy. Good luck at the show! Wow how cool that you met Lipton's old, old owner.

Lauren - Oooh Art is gorgeous!! Yay for Scotch, I bet he is enjoying his new found freedom.

Hmm so back at school. Nothing much going on here, Lightning lost a shoe out in the paddock somewhere, so waiting for the farrier to come and put a new one on. It's even colder than it was before, if that is possible. It got to -2 the other day, ewww. Would someone like to adopt me for the winter, I can cook, clean, don't eat much and don't take up much space. Just until Summer rolls around again...

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

[ 07-20-2007, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

Holly- wow man that is a whole lot cheaper. Yeh the Philly area was expensive and the place I was going to keep him at Susie Beale so I could continue to take jumping lessons and whatnot. lol no school for you if you don't take your horse. hahah I wish my parents where like that...instead I had to leave my horse 4 hours away from me! haha you get mean on martini's. Meany Martinis. HAHA omg I would of that that was hilarious. please tell me that laugh about it now? Wait is this guy a bit of a jerk? OOOO I like coke and rum too...but never had vanilla rum in it...good idea I must try next time I go out. Have you ever had a White Russian? I think Arty is a hunk too...even though he is a clutzy hunk! And that is the baby that was born while I was at Janet's all by my lonesome. I love that foal...is so curious and extremely friendly. We don't ahve a name for him...but I'm trying to get Janet to name him Legolas [Wink] His name has to start with an L as his sire's name was w/ an L. This is so he can be regristrated in the Oldenburg records. Anyways ooo Fleck couldn't stay away from COOKIES. The way to any man's heart...4 legs or 2 legs. [Razz] Relax lady you'll do fine! Just go out there and strut your stuff. The coming back takes a lot of coordination on both parties half. You should probably actually cheat a little and start to bring him back earlier until you really established it. Good luck at the show can't wait to hear how you did! LMAO! omg you punk rocker child! haha do you still have that tongue ring?? I never did the changing hair color...but when I was a WS for Carol K. I did get a tatoo...and actually I'm itching to get another one...so August I may have yet another one!

Megan- Awh [Huggy] Breath girl! you are absolutely right...college is a scarey thing and you are going way out of your comfort zone. This will truly make an all around person. I say major props to you for going all the way across the country! Not many kids your age will do that!!! You will truly learn responsibility...and time/financial management. and I agree with Holly it natural to be scared. I was when I went! Hang tight...and remember I'm out this way so you can always always give me a ring! And we can still go out w/out drinking! Good luck at your show! and I'm really going to go out and buy the book tonight! WEEH! We'll have to discuss the chapters online or something. Well Scotch was better in the french link...so i think i will continue to ride him in it. I may try to buy a happy mouth french link and see what he makes of that. hehe thanks I loveee Art too! He is such a snugglebug! He has the oddest coloring to his coat...he isn't all that of a baby..he just turned 5!

Boocoo- no you did not!! What did you work on? DETAILS lady! [big Grin]

Emily- It LIVES! YAY!

LTS- ooo no I hope the farrier comes out and is able to put Lightnings shoe back on. You can come here and live we have a few extra rooms. Though when winter comes around for us you'll prob be packing up quick b/c it gets WICKED cold here!

So yes I'm for sure getting another tatoo. my last one I swear! Not like I have many! Soo now I just need to figure out what I want. Hmmm maybe a shooting star? any ideas? *devious grin* My pony has been such a good boy. I took him out on the outdoor b/c the footing is more firm out there. So he actually felt better. Audrey said he looks great and that she can tell that he is very happy to be back in light light work. So hopefully taking my time w/ him will help out. OOO did I mention I met Jeremy's parents! [Eek!] So i think our hanging out is...well a relationship? AH I was a bit nervous meeting them. as with my other boyfriends there really were no parents involved..or we weren't that serious to go to that level...SO! AH! But his mom goes to meet ooo nice to finally meet you..I've heard so much about you. And I looked at Jeremy and just raised and eyebrow. And she's like it was all good things..whew! I was supposed to go to bachlorette party this weekend and I have to miss it!!! I have to work all weekend and can't travel 3 hours to go! I was sooo bummed.

Well hope everyone else has a great Friday!!

Holly: Awww thanks! This is why I love you!!! I've felt a lot better about it the past little while. I know it's going to be hard to leave home, but I am getting really excited to go. And yeah, if I get sad or lonely I will just go to the barn! No one chhers me up like Vegas!!... I only really know two people there: my roommate who I met when I visited the school in the spring and we have been emailing ever since, and another girl who is a few years older than me. We actually met here on HC while I was still debating between Wilson and UNH, then CemCem (I will just call her by her username) was talking about Wilson on another post and I was like "hey! I have questions for you!!" Anyway so she works in the school barns and keeps her horse there and has answered many many many questions of mine, so I am excited to meet her too. I am really excited to start there, and I know I will be living there for more than just school for a while, and that is good. It's not just the school that I love: the whole area just kind of enchants you and draws you in. I know I will like it there, and I will have to learn some things for myself, but my parents will always be just a phone call away...or a money transfer...Daddy, you love me right? [bat Eyelashes] you're not the only princess!!...Hee hee those are awesome stories about Baldazar! I know you're supposed to do those things to cars and what-not, but Dad just always does it for me...Oh yeah baby I am totally Straight Edge too! Although my parents would KILL me if I ever died my hair or got a piercing or tattoo, no matter how old I was! And my family would shun me if I went veggie - we used to raise cattle and poultry for slaughter. But yeah I'm more into the alternative scene, which is funny because I come from an ultra-conservative family, and I am pretty conservative myself, I just like good music and good fun! Thanks again, you're the greatest!

Boocoo: Well there you go, you're just making up for the lack of rain you had. You had to get it sooner or later...what goes around comes around. Hopefully you will be done making up for the drought soon though!! Geez, I don't think Oregon has ever had a drought...ever...

Emily: That's way cool that you got to meet his old owners, I'm sure they enjoyed seeing him again!

LST: My horse is just a tard-for-brains, not much more to it unfortunately...Oooh you're really close! But that means you graduate in like November/Decemberish, right? This whole other side of the world thing trips me out man...and that means that Christmas is in like summer for you! wierd...Thanks, you're right. The scariest thing is that it just the unknown, but I'll always have you guys! You are totally my second home!! Sometimes I come on the board and there are no new posts and I'm like ohhh, no one's home [Frown] ...

Lauren: Aww thanks! Yeah I have a really small comfort zone, and I am REAAAALLLLLYYYYY comfortable in it, so it's time for me to move on out I guess! We should totally go out and party non-alcoholically!! Oh man I am sooo stoked for the book! I am going over all the major points of the last one right now - yay sparknotes!! Thanks the show will be fun but interesting...mom is reading for me and she has NOOO idea how to do it or even follow movements...we are going to be practicing a lot tonight...

It's still cloudy and drizzly here, and considerably colder than the last few days thanks to a lovely southeast wind. But hey man not complaints - this is my kind of weather!

Dad is out working on my truck right now...I don't really know what he's trying to fix - the axle seals or something because they leak, but he is having technical difficulties: He came inside a few minutes ago and was like "Megan, your truck is a problem child" as he walked to the phone to call my brother the professional mechanic...I'm like "umm, dad you're the one who bought the truck..." Oh and then he said something a few weeks ago about noticing a frayed cable under the hood, then when I was out there today we realized it'd my throttle cable, and it's hanging on by one little thread [Eek!] Now I'm not very car saavy, but I do know that that's not so good...and no one we have called today has those cables in stock to replace them! One place is like "uhhh, we have one in Reno, NV that we could get sent here" [Duh] So yeah dad is trying to fix that...

But now I have to go start packing for the show tomorrow and give mom a crash course in reading dressage tests - she has no clue! Oh well, at least the first test I'm riding is T1 and I have that pretty well memorized so if she messes up it won't kill me...I have to go run poo to the vet today for a fecal egg count too, and get Bute, Banamine, and an emergency Ace injection for the trip, just incase...

megan; That model sounds awesome!!! way to go! dont' worry. you'll do great at your show! i can't wait to hear how it goes. we rode 1-4 for the first time today and am showing it tomorrow. oh well. it actually wasn't too bad! glad i helped. yeah, mike's family are shrimpers, so they had to tease me about being vegetarian. i'm not anymore though. too lazy and bad of a cook. hee hee. money transfers are always good! good luck!

boocoo: yeah... i'm going to start trying to ride with a whip. just AFTER this show [smile] i might even have to buy another FLECK whip...or a blue one [smile] that might make me more motivated to learn how to use it.

emily: ray...hee hee. what an odd name for a horse!

lightning: hee hee. fleck is a bit of a cookie monster! oh well. OMG!!! mike and i were talking about importing a nanny....only for us!! You can soooo come live with us. You can live upstairs..we have two free bedrooms. But...we're very messy and picky eaters! hee hee. But...we like it hot!! our air is set at 80% F so there will no coldness here for yah! yah might melt from the humidity though.

lauren: yep...meany martinis! and the guy? do you mean mike? my hubby? YES! he can be a jerk sometimes. but i really honestly meant it as a joke, sorta! but yeha, we do laugh about it now. and did then too. oooh, legolas is pretty. then he could be lego! hee hee. yeah... atleast i can make cookies for my man too. those premade just stick in the oven kind [Wink] thanks! i'll let you all know how we do. we practiced it today and it was actually better, so hopefully our score will improve. and yeah...punk rocker. took the tongue ring out. it was hard to eat spaghetti, which not only is it my fave meal, but it's the only thing i can cook other than mac-n-cheese. [smile] no tatoos. i really want one but i'm too wimpy. what do you have?! great about jeremy! and that's a bummer about the bachelorette party. those are always sooo much fun. oh well.

well...better run adn get ready for work! i had a good ride down the street today at another barn. and that trainer, who occasionally gives me jump lessons basically told me that a friend of hers took lessons with the lady i was debating about.. and got so confused and upset and just stopped. and felt better once she quit with her. so i think i'm gonna just find someone else. she's not even close in, so... but i've got a jump lesson with the trainer who lets me ride at her barn next week, so that'll be nice [smile] fleck was good today. got some nice canter work.

gotta run. good luck megan and anyone else who is showing tomorrow. i'll report back with..atleast one blue ribbon (hee hee. i'm the only one in 1-4!) course i shouldn't count my chickens...cause i could get DQ'd!

Checking in real quick. I am getting ready to leave for the show tomorrow. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive. Not to bad.

I did not get to ride today. It poured. So I clipped Beau and cleaned all my tack, loaded the trailer and got everything at the barn ready.

3day, we have been working on getting a bigger walk and working on my stretchy trot and bend. My bend is much better.

Fleck, try a whip in both hands, then you won't have to switch. I have yet to try that myself! Sounds like a plan.

Ok, I'm heading off tomorrow and will be back on Sunday night. If I don't check in on Sunday night it will be Monday afternoon after my weekly trip to the dentist! [ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL]

Update later, but just wanted to say that I scratched the show for today. I have been too busy lately to really prepare Vegas for it, so I didn't think it was fair to do that to her when it would prolly be a bad experience for her. Plus I was kinda freaking out about it, and it was just not looking forward to it, and I have a strict policy of not showing when it isn't fun anymore, so no show. One more before we leave though!

quick update from me too.

megan: good call about the show!

so...my show...well...it was just a funny show. so i got there and proceeded to turn into the gate to the pasture and then BAM!!!! i managed to take the turn a bit too tight and hit this giant dip just before the gate. so the trailer bottomed out and wouldn't go forward and i was awfully close to hitting the gate. and i couldn't back up. so this nice lady came over and said "let's get your horse off first!" duh! so we did. then we figured out that if they pushed, i could pull forward and get out of the divot (HUGE WHOLE!). so we did that...but then we realized that i was going to take out their gate. but i couldn't back up. so i managed to somehow squeeeeeeze through without damaging the gate or my trailer. so it was highly embarassing but worked out okay. so then they had originally had me riding at 3 and 3:20, but then that am it said 2:46 and 3, so... i thought fine... well, i got there at 1 something and got on at 1:45. i figured an hour is good. sometimes he needs 20 minutes to look around, and then i wouldn't be rushed. well....he really doesn't need that much time anymore. so i really shouldn't have waited til about 2 to get on. well, then...they started running behind. so i kept riding. cause he'd be good and then he'd be naughty and get fussy and rushed and then he was being silly. so i rode most of that time. took a few breaks here and there. and he was sweaty but not breathing and still feeling quite fresh. well..finally at like 3:30, i ride. ugh! and the ring had really really deep footing with a soft fine sand. Fleck was great. he really tried, he just kept getting bogged down and stuck. like he had a great lenghten to start but by the end it just sorta fizzled out. So he really tried, but it wasn't great. in 1-3 it was just me and a lady with a gorgeous stallion. they kicked our butts! beat us by like almost 10 points. [Mad] and i wasn't too pleased with our scores. i know this judge is hard, but... we only got a 56.8. i was really hoping to get in the low 60's, which is what we've been getting. so...oh well. We also got the stupid wrong lead on our simple canter change. don't really know why... we got lots of 5's, which i'm not used to getting, so it was disappointin. and he was really leaning with his haunches, though in warm-up he felt so much better. So... oh well. we did get some 7's - one lengthening and one downward canter transition and a halt! oh, and shelly! get this, we got an 8 on our halt in the middle of the test! awesome huh! the judge wrote that i was at the correct level for us. which i guess is good! so then after i rode 1-3, the girl rode her stallion and kicked my butt and then i rode 1-4. i was the last rider, the only one for e1-4, and everyone else other than my trainer and my friend (who thankfully kept her horse up there) had left. at this point... i had realized how tired fleck (and ME!) were and really just didn't bother riding at our best. i just felt bad for fleck really. we both tried but not quite as much as we could have. this test has a looooooong stretch of canter so i was telling him...come on...just a bit more. And bless his heart he tried. we came down to the trot and he jsut wouldn't go back up to the canter, so i had to pony club kick him! ooops! we ended up with a 57.6. got lots of 5's and 6's. got a 7 on both our trot lengthens, a 7 on our medium walk!!!, one of our canter lengthens! and our stretchy circle (7 minus!), and a 7 on the halt. so i guess better cause maybe i knew he was tired and kept pushing?? but...she said that he was in a training level frame instead of a 1st level frame. oh well. our canter serpentines felt great but we got 6's. said he was heavy on the forehand, whcih...i can totally see. so yeah... i just kinda got to the point where i didn't really care. i hate being the last rider. it feels like it just isn't a show. atleast at the schooling ones. and i know i should still ride but i think i almost need a little bit of nervousness to help me out. but oh well. excuees excuses... we just didn't do as well as i had hoped. so... we'll keep plugging away at it. i was proud of my boy. pics later! he gets today off as i have to work and it's pouring! and tomorrow i have a jump/XC lesson with a friend. then tuesday a jump/gymnastic lesson with my trainer. Then he'll get wed off. and dressage thursday.

and man!!! i just saw how much the AEC's are! $695 just for the show and stabling. eeeek. i knew they'd be more than the typical $300 or so for most rec. shows, but man!! that's almost twice. so i'm thinking i might sell roany's saddle. i was almost considering it anyways.... she's not going to be ridden again... it doesn't fit fleck.. but i do like it. i just imagine it won't fit any other horses i ever get...but at the same time..it's so hard to replace for what i'd get for it... hmmmm. oh well. maybe i can do a horse wash or something and earn some money [smile] hee hee. any ideas?!

later! off to work.

Thanks Holly, I figured it was in our best interest...hey man, just remember what I told you: you did more than half the tests correctly!! Not bad!! Good boy to Fleck for being so willing, Vegas would prolly have just bucked me off, walked in to the trailer and said "home, now." Anyway, don't get too distraught about it, it was a learning experience and you'll do so much better next time, I know you will!!...BTW, nice job with the trailer, sounds like something I would do [Wink]

Vegas, if you didn't feel prepared to show then it was a good idea not to.

Fleck, you did all right. Not to worry. You have only just begun 1st level and we always have something to work on, right? Good job. Can't wait to see pics. Don't worry about the truck thing. I have done that before and I used to drive 18 wheelers!! [Embarrassed] Happens to the best of us!

My show was a disaster. Only because of the weather. The place was a mud/lake pit, Could not even park my trailer on the show grounds. Everyone was parked out in the street, so they wouldn't get stuck. So everyone was blocking everyone in. It was ridiculous. The facility owners would not let anyone else drive onto the property. The tractor man had to pull people's trailers out for them all weekend. Mud and water puddles everywhere. Had to unload Beau on the street and walk him to the barn, then haul everything we needed for him, hay, water buckets, feed bucket, rake, fan, bungee cords, poop kart, chairs, mounting block and the list goes on. Then to top all this off, the girl I had hired to braid his mane for me, calls me and can't find my stall. She says, I'll see what I can do, calls me back 3 times. 3 times she had gone to the stall they told her was mine, only to find a horse in it. They finally got her a stall for me and she camped in front of it, guarding it for me till I got there. I didn't even know this woman. Needless to say she got a huge tip and she did a nice job braiding him as well. So later on the sun came out and I thought all right, it's going to clear up and be a nice weekend, so I got Beau out, rode him in the grass warm up area, then in the outdoor arena where both my tests were to be today. The arena was a mud pit and a lake, but it was dry at one end and would not be so bad today if it didn't rain anymore. I convinced Beau to go through the mud, but he would jump all the puddles which were huge, so you can imagine how big he was jumping. Got him fairly calmed and figured with the sun out it would be much better today. He did work beautifully though in the warm up area and in the arena, in spite of the mess and he tried very hard to get through those mud/water puddles. This a.m. when we got there, the arena looked really good and I knew I could get him down the center line, there was only a bit of mud and the worst spots were in places I wouldn't need to go. So by the time I got him out, cleaned him up and started to saddle him, the rain came pouring down in torrents. Hubby quickly walked Beau from the trailer parked 1/2 way down the block out on the street, back to the barn, while I put everything away, walked back up to the barn myself and took one look at the show grounds and said forget it. They had even halted the show. The grassy warm up area turned into grass/mud slicker than all get out soup and the outdoor arena had turned back into a muddy mucky lake. No way would I ever get Beau in there now, not to mention he is very scared on slickery/wet ground that feels like it's going to come out from under him. Since he worked so well yesterday and we have come so far building our confidence back up, we decided it was not worth it to blow all that. So we packed it all up and headed home. Even so, I was quite dissapointed, especially because Beau worked so fabulously yesterday and he looked fantastic. Oh well, chock it up to another expensive weekend!! They did resume the show and said they were running an hour late, but by the time we left they were only 1/2 an hour behind because so many people had scratched.

My next show is a local schooling show and not until Sept. Hopefull it will quit raining by then!!! [Crazy]

[ 07-22-2007, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

thanks guys! yeah... i'm okay with it [smile] Live and learn... and don't get on so early from now on [smile]

boocoo: Oooooh nooooo, not more rain! what a bummer. but sounds like you did the right thing. how frustrating! did you atleast get pics of beau all braided and pretty! man...what a bummer. But... you've still got the rest of the year to look forward too [smile]

off to bed!

OKAY! I'm BACK on! I'm gonna update as much as possible until my friend comes to pick me up to go to a party, so I probably won't get all of it in before the party seeing as I have to go back to page ONE! Eep! Okay, deep breath...

LST - Creepy dream! Eek!

Lauren - EEP! Glad to hear everythings okay! So, was he just not telling you about his insurance, or did it seem like he didn't have any?

McKenzie - Haha, oh it WAS cooler for Champange, now wasn't it? I told Emma that we should go super early to Regionals that Thursday and then go to the track and then go BACK and ride the horses... she just laughed... Did you get your second score on Sunday?

LST - Ack, yeah, I hate older brothers... Omg catch up on the books and movies! Oh my! Talk about a smart horse! Haha, at least she was okay afterwards!

Megan - Poor Vegas.. haha, love the shirt! Also, I haven't read your PM yet cause I don't want spoilers, so, if you can confirm that there are no spoilers in the PM, I'll read it. [Razz] I haven't finished the book yet, I've only read the first 3 chapters, so, yeah.

Lisa - I Jay should Jay go Jay to Jay south Jay Wesleyn Jay because Jay it Jay would Jay be Jay perfect Jay. coughJaycough. Oh man, who was the rider? Have I met her? I'd be proud of her too.. in fact, I am, so ha.

Boocoo - yay! Congrats on getting Beau back to normal! I know this is a tad late, but the ONE person who actually hired me to braid who wasn't part of my barn tipped me, but I think a lot of that was because I requested notice 2 hours before the ride and he came to me like, an hour before. I would tip depending on how well they do, if it's a super job than go ahead, if it's okay but not great and they're charging what seems like too much, definitely don't tip.

Megan - My brother had Gastric Banding at age 16. No joke. He was in Newsweek, I can't find the article online right now, but here is his "journal" that they had him do. You're autistic? I didn't know that. Oh honey, I'm sorry... I totally know how you feel, although my family isn't quite that big we have similar issues. The world thinks I'm a spoiled brat who can't take care of herself (which is wrong, I'm not as spoiled as people think I am, and I DO know how to take care of myself). And YES! OOTP was amazing!

Shelly - NOO! I would DIE if I was allergic to the glue! Oh god! They're too fun to live without for highly long periods of time! Holy crap! I just looked up Law and Order SVU on IMDB, and you're COMPLETELY right! I could've SWORN that was her! They look so similar! What the Heck?! There are days when I wish I was an only child (most days), but we have a few really good days where I'm really proud he's my brother. Haha, sounds like you had fun on Vacation! It made me laugh that you had all these "fancy" meats/foods on the list and then Tacos. HOLY COW! Love the pics.. Umm... Can I hide in your suitcase next time you go? Hope everything comes together for your show!

Holly - That sucks about the scores... Hollyland? Hahahaha. You were practicing the 2-1 canter serpentene?! [Not Worthy] I hate that movement, so much.

Megan - You say yes, I say no, You say stop, and I say go go gooooooo! I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello! We have similar tastes in weather! Only 3 more weeks? [Frown]

Boocoo - The walk is really hard to work on because if you're trying to get them bigger they wind up jigging a lot, that and most horses think they're done when you walk! [Razz]

Okay, I'm stopping there because it's the end of a page and Lindsey should be here any minute to pick me up. I'll finish updating after the party if I have the energy, if not, then it'll be tomorrow. -sighs- I just have so much to do overall, sorry I've been neglecting you guys. [Frown]

Boocoo – HA!! The beach and pool were empty because we were up early that morning taking pictures while everyone was eating breakfast. The hotel was fully booked, but people were really late risers. 9 or 10AM the beach and pool were deserted, but by 11AM they were PACKED!!! Your whip suppling tip is a good for a reason you might not realize. Most riders tend to overuse/hang on the inside rein. When you use your whip, you actually release that rein for a second to use the whip. The simple act of moving the whip and coordinating it all with the suppling on the inside rein forces a momentary release of that inside rein whether you plan it or not, so if you have a tendency to hang on that rein or over use it, putting your whip in that hand will encourage you to release it at least during the times you use your whip. Even if you don’t over use/hang on that rein, adding a little whip to your inside leg to get him move off of it into your outside rein as you supple the inside rein is a great tool for backing up that inside leg and making sure he is really listening to that leg and not blowing you off. Just make sure that you can get the bend/suppleness without the whip as well since you don’t want to come to rely on the whip. If you have to use the whip constantly to get the bend/suppleness, it will get commented upon by a judge in a show even though it is just a tickle/touch not a whip beating!! Glad to hear Beau is doing so much better. Sounds like you really got to the root of the problem and sorted him out. That is fantastic. Now you can really get down to work with him. WOW!!! You really are having a NASTY show season. The show gods have a bone to pick with you!! I can not believe your luck. At least you had the best braider ever. What a wonder woman she was. After that warm up, I’m thinking that you and Beau would kick butt at a Prix Caprilli test!!! HA!! I don’t blame you for scratching. I know how worried Beau gets about slick footing. Just not worth having a bad experience. At least you had a good schooling session at the show grounds with him. So sorry the show was a no go due to weather. How incredibly disappointing for you – AGAIN!!!! This rain really needs to stop.

Holly – Don’t think of it as a confrontation, because it isn’t a confrontation. Like I was telling you in the e-mail, you need to have pre- and post- lesson chats with your trainer to outline what you expect in your lesson. You should begin every lesson by discussing what you have been working on in your schooling sessions, what has been going right, what has NOT been going right, what you would like to work on, and what your goals are. You should finish up your lessons by discussing what you worked on in the lesson, and what you need to be working on in your schooling sessions to prepare for the next lesson. Take a little extra time before the lesson to talk to the trainer and let her know that you were a little confused/disturbed by the last lesson, and you just want to be sure that you are both on the same page. Trust me, a 5 minute chat will go a LONG WAY. You will know immediately whether she is or isn’t the trainer for you. If you CAN’T talk to her or her explanation makes no sense to you, walk away and find a new trainer. If you can talk to her easily, and her explanation puts you at ease, you have a new trainer. Definitely do the freestyle!! And make the choreography challenging and the music fun. You and Fleck a fun team, with great personalities, so the music should match that. The choreography needs to be challenging enough to make you work in the freestyle. I say go for it. EXCELLENT work on the counter canter!!! Sounds like you are making really great progress with that. You know what’s next right??? A full 3 loop serpentine!!! I would say that with all the work you have been doing, you would probably surprise yourself and be able to ride it a lot easier than you think now. His canter is improving by leaps and bounds. OMG!!! Your story of bribing Fleck into being caught by shaking the cookie jar was hysterical. I can just see him standing there weighing his options – friends vs. cookies. Raz is so food oriented he doesn’t even consider running the other way. He sees me coming, GALLOPS for the gate, and whinnies for me to hurry up. Those carrots just can’t get to him quick enough. If you are hearing that other people are having the same confused/frustrated feelings upon lessoning with that trainer, then perhaps it wasn’t just you. I’m thinking you need to keep looking for someone else. Okay, about your show, sounds to me like one really simple mistake – you over warmed him up and wore him out. When you got in the ring, you had no horse left, so his haunches were all over the place, he was on his forehand and behind your leg. No big deal. It happens. Timing your warm up to match your entry into the show ring is a really super hard thing to do. Even if you find that you have mounted up WAY TOO early, the thing you have to learn to do is just drop the reins and walk, even if he is being fussy and nasty. Let it go and stop picking at him. It won’t fix things. It is incredibly hard to do, but that’s what you have to do. When you first get there, you have to check with the ring steward and ask what time they expect to have you entering the ring. Time your warm up accordingly, then keep checking back with her and adjust your warm up as necessary. If your entry time gets suddenly delayed, no matter how your warm up is going, STOP RIDING. Just give him a break and wait until your ride time gets closer, then pick him up again. Live and learn though. I’ve made that very mistake more than once myself!!! We all have. If you are at a show alone, it is even harder to time everything right. You need to have several people with you to help not only with warm up but to help keep an eye on the ring and check in with the ring steward!!! It is a multi-person project!!! Honestly, to have a judge tell you that you are showing at the correct level is a HUGE compliment. I know you didn’t get the scores you were hoping for, but chalk that up to a bit of a miscalculation on entry/warm up times. And deep footing on a tired horse – death knell!! That is HARD on a fresh horse. You did great getting him through both tests, and the next time you ride those tests, you are going to rock!!!

McKenzie – Yeah, I have a feeling the extensions are going to be hard for Razzie as well. I’ve been pushing him in his mediums to try to get him to try a little harder, and he just kind of responds with, “HOW?!?!?!” Poor horse. He’ll figure it out. It’s buried in there somewhere. He still has to learn his changes!!! Haven’t even started with those yet. Glad to hear the simple changes are improving so much. Amazing how quickly the suddenly just come together isn’t it?? Seems like we have both been working our butts off on them forever, and now Razzie’s are suddenly just there as well. In fact sometimes, he just WALKS so fast, I am tossed forward. I know I asked for it, and I expect it, but still it catches me by surprise it is so sudden. He just throws on the brakes and walks. I need to get him to step into a little more smoothly.

Megan – Don’t worry about the packing. It will come together. Buying the stuff is half the battle!! HA!!!! The resort was ALL INCLUSIVE!!! So food and drinks, etc. were included in the cost of the room. We didn’t have to pay for anything once we were there. All you can eat and drink – no charge. Asphalt can be VERY slippery, so it needs to be roughed up anywhere that you expect the horses to walk on it. You do NOT want it to be smooth. Of course you are freaking out about leaving for college. It is a HUGE turning point in your life. It isn’t a total end of everything you have known though. Your parents will always be a phone call away, and you are going to make a whole new set of friends, and best of all, you will have Vegas with you. AND, don’t forget, you will have US!!! We’re not going anywhere. You have but to turn on the computer, and we will still be there for you, same as always. So deep breath!! You can do this. Here’s a suggestion for you, this is what my parents did for me when I went to college, and what we did for Natalie when she went FAR AWAY to college. Before she left for school, we set up a joint bank account at a local bank with Jack’s name and Nat’s name on it, and got an ATM card for the account which we gave to Nat. Whenever she needs money, we just deposit the money into the account, and Nat can then immediately draw the money out at any ATM no matter where she is. Much quicker and easy than a money transfer. Sounds like you made a wise choice scratching from your show if you weren’t prepared. Definitely not a good choice to show, if you aren’t ready, and it is just going to be a stressful experience for you and Vegas.

Lauren – HA!!! Not to worry, you can’t mess Raz up. He is pretty darn solid, but he’ll test you to make sure you know what you’re doing. He can a be devious like that. Nothing bad, he just likes to get crooked, or pop his shoulder out, or suck back behind your leg, or try to grab the bit, so you have to ride him through it and stay on top of his little evasions, then he’ll huff and puff and give in and be pretty easy to ride. Ask Shelley (Beckham). She’s ridden him, and figured him out pretty quickly. Raz wasn’t too pleased by that, but he doesn’t have a whole lot of evasions up his sleeve, besides, he’s a pretty willing horse overall. He just doesn’t want to work THAT hard if he doesn’t have to!!! I hear you on being frustrated by having to give Jeremy space and time to adjust to a new relationship. Just don’t give him too much space and time. Sometimes you have to say, “Enough, NOW is the time!!” Next show is my rated show on August 4th, so I have about a week and a half. I’m mostly ready. Finally getting 2-3 sorted out. Woo-hoooo!!! You’ve got Scotch up to an hour of turn out and trotting under saddle!! Progress!!! That’s fantastic. WHOA!!! Meeting the parents. Definitely going to the next level!!!! Glad to hear it went well.

Emily – You sure have a weird way of tracking down your horse’s history’s, almost owners, siblings, etc.!!! Freaky!!! We have a cute little chestnut at our barn – blaze and four white stockings – named Raymond that they call Ray. How’s that for a coincidence??? You are right, that actress does look very similar to the one on Law & Order. I had to look twice, but it was the name that I knew was wrong. Hey, you can go to a fancy resort in Mexico and have all the fancy food you want, but a Mexican vacation just ISN’T a REAL Mexican vacation without authentic Mexican tacos!!! YUMMY!!!! OMG, I could just sit there and eat them all day long!!!

LST – There were a TON of people from Australia at the resort I was at. Everytime I heard an Australian accent I thought of you. I knew you were on holiday from school at the time, so I had to resist the urge to run up and ask, “Hey, you wouldn’t happen to post online at HorseCity using the ID lightning strikes twice would you???” HA!! HA!!! I kept thinking it sure would be nice to hang out with you for the week. I’ll adopt you for the summer!!! We have an extra room. You just have to figure out how to cross an ocean and an entire country to get to me, then you are welcome to spend the rest of the summer with us. I’ll take you up on the cooking maybe (and we’re not picky eaters), but definitely no cleaning required. We have a woman that does that for us!! Way better than Holly’s house, so you should come here instead!! HA!!!

Okay, as for the little “towel elephant” next to the jacuzzi in picture of the hotel room, the maid made different towel figures every day. She was quite creative. It was very impressive!! We never knew what to expect next. They must give all the maids classes in towel figures!!! HA!!!

Well I am down to a week and a half before my show. 2-3 FINALLY feels like it is falling into place. At least the one transition that we were “missing”, we are now nailing with regularity, so it looks like it is down to finessing the test and getting it to look pretty and flow really smoothly. I had to miss my lesson this past weekend as the manager of our liquor store got married, and I had a birthday party of one of the barn boarders to attend. I am PRAYING I get a lesson this weekend, but Julie may be going out of town for the weekend, so perhaps not. I CANNOT go to my first rated show in two years without having had a lesson for three weeks, so if no lesson this weekend, Julie and I will have to figure something out next week to hook up before the show so that I don’t freak!!! As of right now, calm and peaceful!!! Now to just keep it that way. EEEEKKKK!!!! Kidding!!! I’m fine.

Ooohhh, I signed up for a Tom Noone clinic on September 8th. I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting news as to whether I got into it or not. For those of you who don’t know who Tom Noone is, here is his web site: http://www.tomnoone.com/ Julie has been pestering me to clinic with him for 2 years or more now. She used to be his working student years ago, so she is very anxious to have me ride with him. I have been trying and trying and trying to get into one of his clinics, but they fill up incredibly fast. I managed to send in my application for this one on opening day, so fingers crossed that I get accepted. I would REALLY like to ride with him.

So that’s about it. Busy reading the Harry Potter book in every free minute I have. Since the board has been so quiet recently, I figure that is pretty much what everyone has been up to!! HA!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

~Shelly~

emily: Ahhh, I love the beatles too! and nope..i was practicing the canter serpentine in 1-4 [smile]

shelly: ooooh, so gonna ride with that whip in my right hand!!! hee hee. i'm such a wimp! but...i heard two other people suggest politely that i'd be better off finding another trainer. and since she's far away... i did [smile] my classmate, who is competing prelim and intermediate on a pony...who looks alot like teddy!, gave me a lesson on monday. and it was fantastic!!! so i'm gonna take a few lessons with her. and she has mondays off so i can go schooling XC with her too. and i'll try to find another person to go XC with too. but yeah, it went well. more below! oooh, i asked my trainer today about a freestyle at her fun show and she said she'd let me do it. Ever here of that song "Welcome to the black parade"? i'm really considering using that, but we'll see. i just need to count out his strides and start looking for music. should be super fun! i'm just so untalented when it comes to that stuff. hee hee. yeah, i was amazed he did that circle..it was on his easy side though. but we'll try some more stuff. it just sucks not having a nice big ring. argh... but we're working on it. got some credit cards paid down, gonna start saving for the ring now. aw man! speaking of catching fleck with cookies... i'm such a dummy!! see below. argh, i could slap myself! i wish fleck was as good as raz about it. but maybe one day. yep, learned that lesson. although...part of it, is it's just nice to have a nice area to ride in... i get greedy. i think, wow, i never can do fun stuff like this at home cause of the footing. but....gotta get over it. i did give him a few walk breaks, but not like i should have. and i probably should have hopped off and given him some water. though it wasn't that hot and he wasn't breathing or anything. i really think the footing is what did us in. if he was fresher the footing would have been okay, but..i think if the footing was normal, he would have been fine. but oh well, live and learn. Thanks! i feel better! check out the pic. it's the only one i have so far. don't know if the photographer left before me or not, cause he's not posted the pro pics yet. so we shall see. awww man, you can't steal LST from me... i was gonna get a sweet deal [Wink] good luck with the clinic!!! i just got the book too, but i'm still rereading the first 6. i'm up to number 4 now, so SHHHHH don't say anything about it!

anyways....

so poor fleckers. i'm literally riding him out of his shoes! He's only at 5 weeks on friday, and he's about to lose his right hind shoe. poor guy. he got ridden mon, tues, wed, fri, and then we showed sat. he got sunday off, then i had a jump lesson yesterday and today. poor guy! but he gets tomorrow off, then the farrier on thursday and then he'll get his usual weekend off. hee hee. but anyways...the jump lessons were awesome. totally what i needed. i went to my friends barn, who competes alot and is a classmate of mine. She's got a 14 hand pony that she competes intermediate and prelim with. it's awesome! she was a camp pony in her early life, even though kim actually broke her too. but anyways.. it was great. she's got a huge field full of jumps and we did tons of gymnastic lines. fleck was good. first we started on the flat and she just had me really get him rocked back and listening. almost to the point (and sometimes actually!) of doing 10m canter circles. so then we jumped. he was a good boy. i just had to keep telling myself WAIT FOR IT!!! cause i kept wanting to take the long spot. poor guy.. i jumped up his neck a few times. but it was great cause she told me lots of things i've heard before but put it all together, all the while telling me i needed to sit, but i sat nice and quiet and wasn't shovy or anything..so it was fine. and basically told me how much better he looked, that she thought he would improve as the jumps got higher even, and thought we were totally fine for training and prelim height...we just needed to work out the technical stuff. so a total confidence booster and fleck and i felt great! then we did a few XC jumps. the first one was a ramp...which of course... i hate! and we refused it twice..but there were other extenuating circumstances...so anyways, we finally did it, landed, took two strides on the diagonal to another one and then galloped around to a very upright rolltoppy thing. and i waited and he took it nicely. then we jumped this cool jump. it was a wide square oxer with poles laid up to it in a v. so one end up the pole was on the ground and the other was on the jump, making a channel. with two poles on the land and take off sides. so fleck had to get really deep and HOLYCOW!!! talk about back snapping jump. he snapped his knees up to his ears. it was a great feeling. totally about flung me off when he landed he had so much impulsion though. but it was great. oh, and we had the jumps relatively high...atleast 3' and some 3'3" which isn't huge, but...bigger than i've been doing at home. so it was great! oh..and get this..the extenuating circumstances...they were clearing pine trees out while i was riding. big ol tractors digging up the tree with the roots and then carrying the giant TALL trees UPRIGHT! and moving them. it was crazyness. fleck was looky but i was amazed at how well he behaved himself. cept that one time but it was right next to the big ramp, and i chickened out. but yeah..it was good for me. then today we did more gymnastics with my coach. And... it was good because she had them set just a little bit long, so fleck had to take a bit of a long spot to get the one strides...4 in a row! but... i still had to keep him rocked back cause otherwise, by the time we hit the 4th jump, he'd be on the ground. so... it was a really good lesson right after the day before. and we did some bounces. and then she set up a square oxer pretty big for us to show off with [smile] it was fun. and fleck was such a good boy! this cute little girl who just bought one of karen's other horses told me that she loved watching us ride, cause fleck and i were just the perfect match! like we were PERFECT for each other. yay! it was just a good feeling. so good times.

then...my dumb self. i can't believe i did this!! i swear...when i got home, the driveway is not connected to the fence. so i unloaded him and let him graze on the grass. well, then he wandered into the dog fence and was grazing, so i cleaned out the trailer. then he went into the front yard...which...the driveway is looooong, so i thought, well, i'll let him eat while i move the trailer into the pasture, since he'll try to get out anyways. so i do, and he's fine. but then i go to grab him and put him back in the pasture... little turd starts walking away from me...DOWN THE DRIVEWAY!!! i panicked..he had his halter on, but no lead. which was now in the trailer, back a bit...along with the cookies. so i grabbed some grass and started to slowly follow him... well that turd starts trotting. manages to get to the end of the driveway and takes off down the road. which.... thank god it was empty. we've had 4 people that i know of get hit and killed on that road. it's sorta a short cut and the way it's angled, people come of the main road and fly around the corner. i was terrified and my stupid horse kept trotting down the road!!! which his loose shoe clinking away. i finally caught him at the neighbors house. thank goodness the arabian started calling for him. he looked a bit confused...like suddenly...okay, this isn't fun anymore. walked back like a gentlemen. i could have kicked myself though!! NEVER AGAIN! and then of course my dogs were out. and they were all home, but the sneaky one. so i knew she had snuck off. she likes to cross the street too and hang out with neighbors. which fleck almost did too! poor people, they're gonna think i abuse my pets. anyways...she finally came home after i yelled for her for about 5 minutes. all intact. PHEW! jeepers though...talk about your heart dropping. i kept thinking of vegas.

so....yeah... then i went and undid more fence. uGH!!! we've got that chicken wire square fence with barbed wire down one side. the neighbors have a nice fence and my horses don't really mess with it... i know, accident waiting to happen, but.. i finally got around to taking it down. what a pain!!! i was sweaty, covered in debris, ant bit...ugh. so then anyways...later i went to let the ponies out of their stalls after dinner..and fleck and roany were both laying down resting. guess fleck was tired after his adventure!

anyways...here's a pic from the show and a goofy one of roany. the ribbons are pink since it was a breast cancer benefit show, but we got 1st and 2nd (out of 1 and 2!)

-

-

hee hee. i was too lazy to walk up to the house and get his halter!

wow... i was chatty!

Fleck, I did not get any pics. Silly me. Didn't think about it, since I just knew I was going to get to ride and show the next day.

Smithereens, hadn't thought about the suppling with the whip to release inside rein. Very good point. You are right, don't want him dependent on the whip and I tend to put it back in my right hand as I am still uncoordinated with it, so he does end up having to move off my leg, not the whip. Another good point. Well now we know to go to the beach early to get a great spot for the day, eh? That's to funny. I wondered where everyone was?

Yes I am not having a good show season. This rain just beats all. It's raining again. I went to check out a barn today that has a nice covered arena with good footing, but alas no stalls available right now and I don't do pasture boarding for Beau. So she put me on her waiting list. I am soooo ready to go home to Tucson or even Phoenix would be good. I just can't stand this anymore. I don't really care that it won't keep raining, I want to go somewhere where it never rains, no matter what. I hate rain. I am just so used to the Tucson deserts where rain is never a problem. I think I got rained out once for a barrel race in umpteen years in Tucson. I can't even ride right now cause the arena is tore up where I board and the ground is to saturated in the field. So yep, I'm having a pity party big time. I am just so frustrated. [Me Cry] I am praying my hubby gets another promotion and we will end up in Phoenix, buy horse property and be done with it. Ok, thanks for listening, that's all I really needed. Going to bed now. Tomorrow is my last day at work for summer school.

Alright so that is really annoying...I just typed out the whole thing and I normally check if I have too many smilies....not this time. I had too many and it deleted everything I had typed, grrrrr. From now on I’m typing everything in Word and copying it in.

Lauren – Oooh tattoo, what others have you got?? I’m too much of a weenie to get one LOL. Well at least Jeremy’s parents like you, it could get nasty if they didn’t. Bummer about the party! Oooh yay! First taker, You’ll know as soon as winter is showing the faintest sign of coming, I’ll be gone.LOL

Megan – Yep, I finish my last exam on November 13. Technically we “graduate” before our last set of exams, since they aren’t really run by the school, and after them we don’t have to go back. Good call on the show, that is a great policy, after all it should be fun.

Holly – Hehehe I would love to be your nanny! Even with the humidity, anything just so long as it isn’t cold! Aww man, it’s always so embarrassing when someone points out the obvious. Congratulations on maneuvering yourself through there though, and without damaging anything too. That’s a bummer they were running late. Chalk it up to experience and look ahead! Wow! That is a LOT more for the AEC’s . Hehehe Roany is so cute! Fleck looks a little embarrassed about all the pink though. Hahaha, I laugh now, but I would die if Lightning wandered down the drive. Silly Fleck.

Boocoo – You must have a great relationship with your dentist, you visit often enough! Hope it goes well. What a bummer about the show. Rain, rain go away!! [Huggy]

Emily – have fun at the party!

Shelly – Hahahaha I can only imagine what they would have thought if you went up to them. [ROTFL] Oh YAY! You’ll be great, with or without a lesson! That is so cool, I wish I could make funky towel animals. I hope you get into that clinic! You can’t get in any earlier than the first day. I can swim pretty good.....

I’m thinking I could visit a couple of houses this season, then come back and do a couple more next season, or turn my need to escape the cold into a commercial venture and sell myself to the highest bidder [ROTFL] ...hmm the possibilities

I think I wrote more in my replies last time, but I can’t really remember now....

So I think I like this new farrier. We left a message for him to call us when he was in the area, since it wasn’t an emergency, and he is quite a distance away. He rang a couple of days later to say he was coming, he came, put a new shoe on and went to pay him. Nope, he didn’t want it. I was fully prepared to pay, as it truly was a freak occurrence, Lightning holds his shoes well, so I don’t think it was the farrier’s fault, but merely the shoe-sucking abilities of the paddock at the moment. But oh well, I’m not complaining.

Back to riding again. I rode with my friend and my instructor yesterday. It is so funny. My instructor on her big, black, fancy, warmblood, and us cowering in a corner on our paddock-basher ponies. [Crazy] She moves to one end of the arena and we subconsciously move to the other end, trying to keep out of her way. Until we end up just sitting and gawking. [ROTFL]

I think I'm going to have to start reading the Harry Potter books again..and see the movies.

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!!

Okay! I'm back to finish what I started! (Wasn't feeling good yesterday, didn't do anything at all on the computer)

Lauren - Haha, I've been to 2 shows since I got home now, so I'm not even sure which one you're refering to. =p Ick, hiking up a mountian?! You're more dedicated than I'd ever be! Haha! OMG he's ginormous! AWW! Cute baby!

Holly - Don't feel so bad about only having ridden 1-3 six times. My first time ever riding T-4 was at my first Open show (for some reason, my horse and I had been avoiding it like the black plauge at the schooling shows). Collection after the lengenthens will come with time, eventually he'll learn that corner means collect... =p Haha, cookies always win in the end!

Megan - Aww, honey... -snugs- Everything happens for a reason and everything will turn out fine. If you ever need someone different to go to, I'm only.. what... 5 hours away? [Razz][Wink]

LST - Haha, yeah, it was so awsome to meet his former owners... His wife had bought Lipton as a 4 year old and imported him... how cool is that?! It's so awesome! Ooh! Ooh! I'll adopt you! Pick me, Pick me! As long as you just sit in my room and never stop talking... or sit on my shoulder and never stop talking.. (I have a thing for accents... [Wink] )

Lauren - It DOES live! Wait... You have ae tattoo?! Oh man! I didn't know that! What is/are you other one/ones? I can totally help pick something out if I know what else you have. =p Sounds like a relationship to me!

Megan - Yeah, it would've been hella cool if the guy's wife was there too seeing as she was the one who actually imported him, but it was still cool none-the-less! Ick! Bad Truck! No cookies for the truck if it's going to be a problem child! [Wink]

Holly - We asked him on Sunday where they got Ray from, and he was named after a character in the movie Little Nicky! It's kinda caught on, so I think I have to buy him a new stall plate with "Ray" on it! [Razz]

Megan - Good choice. I had to do that with Lipton over the whole weekend (I'll elaborate more in my show post). It's a hard choice to make about whether to scratch for a reason like that or not, and it takes a lot to make that decision. I'm very proud of you. =)

Holly - I know they're disapointing scores, but it just wasn't your day. All riders have bad days, and the fact that you were on him for so long before your rides doesn't help! Eek, expensive show! Regionals is about that though, seeing as they jack up stabling and class prices becaues they know people will pay them. =/ If you braid, braiding at shows is a good way to earn some decent cash... also, going to shows and grooming for people you know is good too.

Boocoo - Sorry to hear about your show! That's pretty much what happened at the show I went to, as well... was your show area hogsfuel?

Shelly - Really?! Haha! That's so cool! There was a horse at the show who looked almost EXACTLY like Lipton, right down to his dark spots on his bum! This one was a bit younger (and didn't move nearly as correct as Lipton, and I'm not just saying that cause I'm biasd...). But yeah, that's so creepy about the Ray at your barn! Haha! Tacos... I'm sorry, it's just so amusing to me! I've actually never been to Mexico... Yes, the girl who has been to Austrailia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Canada (okay, cananda doesnt really count...), but... well.. you get the point... Hasn't been to Mexico! Things'll work out with the lesson situation! Good luck with the clinic!

Holly - I'm not actually a big beatles fan, but I know that song because Keith Urban opened up his 2005 concert with it. I don't dislike the Beatles, I just haven't listened to a whole lot of their stuff so I can't honestly call myself a fan. EEP! Glad you caught Fleck and everything wound up fine! Haha! I love that you hung his ribbons on his mane! So adorable!

LST - Haha, sitting and gawking at the fancy horses is usually the best way to go!

DONE! CAUGHT UP! FINALLY!

Okay, so, I'll make a seperate post about the TWO shows I've been to since I've updated!

I rode Wesley today for the first time since he bucked me off. Emma had me wear my vest and had me on the lungeline, so everything went smoothly and we didn't have any huge issues... He was hella tired and didn't want to trot at first, but I didn't have any artificial aids because they're the reason why he bucked me off in the first place, so it was a bit intresting at first. But everything went smoothly and I think our relationship at the Walk and Trot is repaired, but it still may be a while before we Canter again.

I was really loosing my coordination at the show and we couldn't figure out why, seeing as that's usually a sign of me getting a migraine and I didn't feel like I was getting one, well, the body worker came out, and it turns out my pelvils was shifted about 4 inches to the right which was stretching my spine and pinching my nerves! That explains that! Inky's was too, poor guy... no wonder he was having issues at the show.

Gabriel got his pictures taken today, and she got some really really nice ones so I'm sure we'll be buying 1000000000000 of them. Link Here.

I think that's all for news here that doesn't go in the show post... Hope everything has a good evening/morning/afternoon!

Our thread is back!! Never have I been so happy to be behind!!

Boocoo: Yeah, I really just thought it would be better to stay home...Wow. That really sucks about the show - like just really sucks. But you have an awesome braider, and another chance to show in speptember.

Emily: Nope, no spoilers, I just wanted to know where you were in the book. Let me know as SOON as you are done with it, I want to talk about it!...Wow, that is pretty young for gastric surgery. My mom had the actual bypass done though, where they cut out most of the stomach. They took out her gallbladder too, so she has a really hard time digesting fats...Yes, I am autistic. Even though autism is a congenital neurobiological disorder (meaning I've had it all my life), I wasn't diagnosed until 18 months ago. My particular type of autism is called Asperger's Syndrome, and it is really hard for me to explain, so I will link you to the wikipedia page that has the best description of it. It makes life difficult, but also makes it fun at times too. The hardest part is that my parents don't really know or understand, so I can't talk to them about it....Oh I know how you feel, for some reason people seem to think that I too am a spoiled little brat with no grip on reality. Little do they know that I have experienced twice as much reality than most of them though I am half their age! Just because my parents can afford to get me a lot of things does not mean I get them for free - I have to WORK for what I get!!! Plus the fact that my parents don't even buy that much more for me anymore, it's mostly my money that I spend!! But some people are just ignorant and closed-minded...to-may-to, to-mah-to, po-tay-to, po-tah-to - this is not goodbye! Sorry, don't know where that came from...

Shelly: Ah, but that is the thing! Tragically, I was born without the motivation gene, but instead with an overactive worry gene, so the only way I accomplish things is by worrying about them. Thus, I have an ever-present level of stress in my life, otherwise I accomplish nothing. But the trick is to stay out of the Tiffany Zone, which is a rather simple but long-winded explanation of the relationship between stress and productivity...If buying stuff is only half the battle, I don't want to see the other half!...OMG we went on a cruise like that, where the only thing you had to pay for was alcohol, and seeing as I was fourteen at the time, I had nothing to worry about! But I ate SOOO much!!...I am really starting to feel better about school, even though I know it will still be really hard. I think one of the hardest things is that is is sooo far away. But I guess that's all part of growing up. You are absolutely right though, the best part is that I will still have my Vegas with me, and she can help me; and you guys will still be here behind my monitor! I know I can count on you guys...With my bank the account is in only my name so only I can make withdrawals, but my parents can make deposits into either checking or savings...Good luck at the show and the clinic! Ooooh, that book is sooo good! I couldn't put it down!

Holly: OMG that's like almost exactly what happened to me, except subtract the halter and add a suburban hitting her with a quarter mile visibility....freaky! I'm really glad Fleck didn't get into any trouble!! But I am flattered that you thought of my pony [Razz] ... I love that picture of Roany!

LST: Oh man, exams after graduation?! Our last week before graduation was absolutely...nothing! I would refuse to go back after the ceremony, but then again, I lack the motivation gene.

Emily: *hugs back* Thanks, I needed that. I'll for sure at least email you!...But I do have to come home for Christmas, and I really don't want to, so maybe I'll just spend the holidays with you, except for that whole best friend getting married and me being the maid of honor thing...yeah...Oh man I have problems with my hips being all whacked out too. My right hip rotates and makes my leg shorter than the left by like and inch. My chiro can usually get me fixed up but I haven't been in like forever.

People are paving tomorrow and I have a lesson, but other than that not much else has been going on here. Vegas is being a good girl in our rides except for the crappy leg yields she gave me today...I finished the new Harry Potter book Monday, so yeah...Oh and there was that rusty nail that sliced open the back of my leg today a few inches above the ankle. I was doing a little bit of demolishing in the old barn and I grabbed a piece of plywood with some nails in it to throw in the scrap pile, but it wanted one last bit of revenge! Thank heavens for tetanus vaccines...

Spot, call me stupid but what do you mean was it hogsfuel? [Embarrassed]

Yeah, Vegas, I was pretty bummed out. I did ride Beau yesterday and he was good and I hauled to a lesson this a.m. My trainer and I decided to continue to school some first level stuff right now, but I am going to show training level this fall and make sure we have worked all the bugs out, before I bump up to showing 1st level. He is working really nice right now and she is trying to help me get rid of some of my old western habits. Like throwing myself forward for transitions and working on keeping my hands still and not bringing them wide! It's a work in progress!!

Megan - I shall go read the PM in a min... I've only read the first 5 chapters, due to the fact that I have had NO time to read since I picked it up! ARG! Hopefully I'll catch up a bit over the weekend, but no gaurentees! I'm trying to figure out what to say about your Aspergers, but I really just can't find words... I just... can't... It's really weird... On a compleatly different note, Yeah, I know how you feel, I work for most everything I get... Yes, I used (and still do more than I should) have my parents pay for things, but a lot of it is a sibiling thing. It's totally the "Well, you're not making him buy his own stuff, so why should I buy mine?" I'm buying my new Dressage Coat and will probably buy top hat(s) when I decide to, stuff like that... You know, the EXPENSIVE stuff! [Razz] Haha, well, when it's not wedding time, you're more than welcome to come spend the winter holidays with me! [big Grin] My mom's hips are that way too, mine don't make my leg shorter, but I can somehow manage to contort different parts of my body in really weird ways that the body worker can't figure out how I do it! HOLY COW! ARE YOU OKAY?! ACK! That HAD to have hurt! A rusty nail?! Iiiick! I'm hurting just thinking about it!

Boocoo - Hogsfuel is the barkish footing... I don't know how else to describe it... Maybe you don't have it down there for dust reasons? Don't know. You're not stupid though!

Rode Inky today. He was stupendous! We worked on the 2-2 Counter Canter seeing as we're SHOWING it this Sunday... Eep! It's just a 4H show, so it's not a huge deal if we don't score well, I just wanna see what the judge says. I'm expecting the comment about needing to be in a more uphill balance, but you know. His simple changes are getting really really good!

We decided that while my mom is gone, we're painting the tack room! It's gonna be a really light (almost silver) gray, with dark blue trim and then we're going to stencel alternating Dressage and Jumping horses in the blue as a border on the top of the wall. I'll def. take pictures when it's done!

Boocoo: Yeah, I was going to show first level this summer, but then we had Vegas's accident and then we didn't get in enough schooling, so I am thinking maybe late this fall we will try, otherwise we'll aim for spring.

Emily: Ooooh for sure do a lot of reading this weekend!! Haha, you sound like my parents when I tried to tell them, but they just didn't want to hear it so they didn't try to learn anything about it. The words will come, I'm sure of it - I've discovered that most people have the same reaction when I tell them, it's a lot to accept. When I found out about it myself it took me a good month before I could come to grips with it and what it meant for my life...Basically I pay for as much as I possibly can, but I still come up short - by a lot - every month, so the parentals pick up the slack...OMG I wish I could spend the holidays with you, but I'm only coming home for a week and I have to spend it at home with the relatives - I'd much rather be anywhere else in the world....Oh yeah I get contorted into all different shapes and stuff because I have pretty loose tendons and ligaments, and things just seem to slip out of place, and I have really bad joints, so yeah...Hahaha, I'm just fine, it wasn't too deep, only about an 1/8 inch or so, and an 1 1/2 long, so I washed it out super-duper well and put some neosporin on it. But the funny thing is that I can shut off pain like that - I just think 'this is going to hurt' so I just think 'no pain, no pain' and will the pain away. After a while, you don't even have to think about it anymore, it's just not there. I did that today while I was making dinner and I sliced my finger open while cutting a potato - it was deeper than the nail cut - and I didn't really experiencde any pain because I just didn't let it start. However, these pain beating techniques do not work on my migraines and chronic joint issues, unfortunately.

Emily - [ROTFL] Do you think people would stare if I sat on your shoulder? Or you could invite people over and tell them, "this is my Australian, she doesn't bite". Woohoo Gabe pictures! He is getting so big [Eek!] I'm glad you're back to straight, and Inky too. Yay for stupendous Inky, that is a great word by the way. Ooh exciting, definately take pictures of the artwork!

Megan - Sticking my nose in here, hope it's not out of line, but I had a little boy that had Asperger's Syndrome a little while ago that I taught in lessons on Lightning. Hahaha, you don't go back for those exams and you may as well have left after grade 10 and not done the last 2 years. Those exams are what you work towards for the last 2 years and without the certificate you get based on those exams you are nothing to universities. Youch!! Rusty nails hurt. My brother had one stuck through his foot when we were little [Cool]

Vegas, we will just aim for first level next spring together then!!

Spot, the footing would have been great if it had been dry. It was super nice sand.

Lightning, I stepped on a rusty nail one summer in England when I was a kid. We were cruising around a construction site and it was sticking up out of a board and I got it. Course my tetnaus was current, so I was ok there. Me Mum wasn't too happy with me though!

Didn't get to ride today. I was going to haul to another facility but it was raining and even though the arena is covered, I didn't want Beau's feet all wet and muddy and he still is missing is left front shoe. Shoer is coming in the a.m. then we are heading up to OK to me hubby's Mom's for a long weekend. So will check back in on Tuesday!

Boocoo: Sounds like a plan, I know I will need some support!!

LST: Not out of line at all!! I think that's great that you taught that little boy, horses can be one of the best therapies for autistics - I know that it has helped me in indescribable ways in all aspects of my life, everything from social skills to eye contact to empathy to responsibility....Hmmm, well then they should have the ceremony after the exams, because the second I left that ceremony I knew I was never going back!! On a side note, American schools are pretty dumb that way, or at least mine was: we didn't have any exams or anything during senior year. I know that some schools would do a senior project, but we didn't have to. All my senior year consisted of was a bunch of elective classes that I chose to take, and I only had to go half days because I had enough credits to just sail by. I think American schools need to be more academically rigorous....Hmmm, before you take off to some other US house, come live here! Since I'll be moving out in two weeks my parents will be looking for someone to fill the void. Lightning can come live in the new barn too! Then on weekends you can drive up to see Emily and McKenzie!!