Sign in to follow this  
Boocoo

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 17!!!

*pops head in*

Yes, Im still alive. Things have been crazy busy lately and I barely have time to check my email and read peoples updates, let alone post!

I did read all 4 pages (wow you guys have been busy too!! shows, vacations, college, bad weather, you name it!).

Sooooo... I posted the pics to my lesson last Sunday, so yes, we had an awesome lesson. She was SO good and we worked on some really good figures. I havent been able to ride since (until I graduate I can only ride Fri-Sun) but hope to later today if the storm keeps going around us.

School is just.. frusterating. We never have supplies we need and the teacher is more concerned about being your friend than teacher. Other than like 5 things, everything else Ive learned from a student. I graduate in 2 weeks and items I need to do so with just go in MONDAY. Its just very frusterating. And there was a LOT of drama 2 Thursdays ago which involved one of the ghetto girls threatening my good friend, who is pregnant, and high risk at that! Its worse than high school. I cant wait to be done with it.

The kitties are getting big and Im starting to wonder if Cleo is really a he. I cant tell if those markings on her area is just her fur color or if they are going to drop down into balls. Lordy... Poor cat is going to be confused if she is really a he and is named Cleopatra! haha

Well I promise I will make more of an effort to keep up with everyone. Im off to go finish my resume and study more for my final!

Back to page TWO!!! [shocked] I did read everything, but I apologize if I miss anyone.

Megan - Haha yeah I am way short. I am not supposed to be over 5'2" when I'm done growing. But hey, I will be able to ride those fancy Sport Ponies [Razz] .

Lauren - This summer has been way busy!! Car accidents suck, but at least you were not seriously hurt. When I was in an accident last summer no one was either, but I STILL have back/shoulder/neck issues so that really sucks. Whenever I jump (which isn't often) I can feel it, NOT a good feeling either. It just kills my shoulders. So thats sucky. Ahhh, Art is cute, and freakin' HUGE. I'd look like a flea on a 17.1 horse, lmao....

Boocoo - I CAN'T use a whip in my left hand, but I've never really tried. I guess I just need to start riding with it in my left hand, or maybe one in each?? It's odd, I am just so accustomed to it in my right hand it just feels wrong in my left. It seems like everyone on this board is having "interesting" shows, and due to the weather!! I have my last rated show before Regioanls (and that's IF I get my second and last qualifying score at this upcoming show) and it better not rain, because my last two shows, the June and July ones, it has just poured and it really wrecks the footing.

Emily - That is so weird and cool about the Custom Saddlery thing. It's a small world!! Haha, it was rather cool for the Champagne. Seriously, can it NOT rain for at least one show?? The only show so far it hasn't rained at that I've gone to is one, I've done two rated and two schooling shows this season. Ickkkk.

LST - Yes, for the most part it is a good busy. And thanks for the good luck wishes [smile]

Holly - Uhhh yeah I am NOT looking forward to the day when I have to drive a truck/trailer. I mean I'll be super excited to have my own rig, but I have a feeling I'll be incredibly nervous hauling my horses. Ick, the footing sounded icky for your show, sorry to hear that. Same thing for the Champagne Classic, the footing SUCKED.

Shelly - Yeah, mediums just don't come easy for Teddy. Usually we get 6's, which is about right for him. He most certainly does try, but its hard to get enough push and impulsion without him just running. But of course there are strengths and weaknesses in everyone, horses included! The simple changes really have come together this year, it's funny how that happens. It really is a matter of correct strength and muscling. You and I both know quite well it's not an overnight thing, it takes a LONG time. I think they through in those canter-trot transitions in Second Level (and above) because they are sort of forgotten past First Level...definitely something I will continue to school because it does count now! That's so cool about the towels, something I'd have a hard time with!! Haha. Isn't 2-3 a neat tests?? I am doing it twice at the rated show next weekend. I just really like how it rides. Crossing my fingers you can get a lesson!! I've heard some good things about Tom Noone, I believe HalfPassGal/Shannon used to do some clinics with him??

Shantel - Sorry to hear about the school situation. That must be incredibly frustrating. Thats awesome you are graduating so soon, congratulations! I have no doubt you'll be a wonderful hygientist (sorry I just totally butchered that spelling wise)!! Haha that is too funny about your cat. My trainer had two ducks (one died awhile ago) and a goose, they thought they were ALL boys when they were purchased, so the ducks were Frank and Peter and the goose was Toby. However, it turns out all three were girls [ROTFL] The names didn't change though.

So the Champagne Classic was rather mediocre in some ways, but successfull in others. I offcially have my First and Second Level USDF Bronze medal scores, now I need my Third Level scores and I will be done. Yay! Patty and I went up to the show on Thursday, as it was a three day show (Fri/Sat/Sun). We both schooled our horses...I wasn't signed up for any rides on Friday, just Patty was, but I took up a scratch ride in the Open division. It was a Second Level Test Four class that could be used for a qualifying score for Regionals. I unfortunately only got a 59.524% but I was fairly satisfied because I only had nine minutes of warmup due to reading tests for others. BTW, I need a 61% or above at Second Level Test 4 for Regionals, I have one score but still need my second. On Saturday I was doing Second Level Tests 1 and 4. I got a 60.000% at 2-1 and First Place, and in 2-4 I got a 59.762% and Second Place. On Sunday, I did the Dressage Equitation Class and won! That was cool. I got an 85%/8.5, there was a total of four others in that class (ages 14-18). I got a gold medal, blue ribbon, $75 and was supposed to get a vase that said what I won, but it was accidently broke by the people at the show office so they have to order me a new one. Hehe. I was really pleased with that ride, the judge said some nice comments. Next was 2-4, I got a 60.476% and Fourth Place. Close, but not close enough!! I also rode Nugget in the USDF Materiale Class, and got a 68.300%...there were only two horses including him in that class, we got Second to a USDF Gold Medalist/professional rider whose horse got a 75%.

Even though I got some nice placings, that wasn't my aim...I was aiming to get higher scores than I did so in that way it was disappointing. I KNOW we can do this, last month one judge gave us a 67% at 2-4 (rated show, too), I just get so hung up on the fact that its my regional qualfying ride I tense up and transfer that tension to Teddy, and therefore things don't go as well as they could of. So this next rated show next week I am just going to do my best to relax more and forget about the qualifying score thing and just concentrate on doing my best.

Megan - Hmm... Maybe I should try willing the pain away. I have a horrible pain tollerence, which sucks cause part of me wants a tattoo when I'm old enough... dang! I'll find the words to address your Aspergers eventually... I love you either way, whether you have it or not. [big Grin] I read this part yesterday so while I was grating cheese last night I was like "Don't slice hands, don't slice hands, don't slice hands!" Luckilly I didn't, thank god! I've cut up fingers on graters twice before... Ick.

LST - They probably would stare, but I wouldn't care cause I'd have an aussie! [Razz] I totally would be like "Come back! She doesn't bite!" I KNOW! He's HUGE! My friends horse was his size at that age, and he's now 16.2hh at THREE! Eep!

Boocoo - Ahh, yeah, most sand gets really nasty in the rain. One of our local parks has a REALLY nice sand arena. They have an open show there Memorial Day Weekend every year, and it POURED this year and it stayed really nice, so it CAN be done! Sucks that you didn't get to ride.. Hope you get to ride soon!

Shantel - YOU LIVE!

McKenzie - It's been pretty dry at WEC this year, but apperently, EI can't have a show without it POURING! Allegedly they're not using the Hogsfuel arenas for Championships... Yeah... we'll see how that works out. [Eek!] They broke the vase?! Haha, now we match, except yours says Champange Classic and Mine says l'Aperitif! I might go to the Donida show to work for Carolynn, so I might see you there again! (Nix the horses, though)

Okay, Inky was really good today, don't really have any details to go into... We ran through 2-2, and at the end I realised that I did the free walk wrong, therefore putting me backwards for the rest of my test! I didn't realise it until I did both medium trots the same direction, I was like "Umm... what the heck?" So I checked and realised what it was supposed to be... Now I'm good!

I rode Lipton for the first time in A WEEK! Arg! I just haven't had time, so I loaded him up with Gentle cause we're not supposed to lunge, and I gave him a little TOO much so he was SUPER mellow, but it's better than having him bolting everywhere! We did basic walk/trot/canter stuff and a little bit of leg yeilding and lots of stretching, and I'll try to ride him again tomorow, but might not be able to due to the show.

I'm covered in paint (well, actually, Primer) because we're painting the tack room, soooo, yeah. Nothing else new here. Show tomorow!

...Dead board? Umm... This is unusual... Anyways:

Inky was really good today. We got a 64.47%, 1st place, and our Gold Medal for our 1-4. I didn't think that we really deserved that score, but I guess the judge thought different! Our 2nd level tests didn't go so well! [Razz] I was really nervous about our simples, seeing as he's not fully solid on them yet (I know I showed 2nd before we were ready, but it was $10 a class, and we did it to have fun). We got a 55.13% and a 56.756%, both on 2-2. We got a lot of 4's and 5's and only a few 6's and 7's in each, but by then he was really tired anyways (He got ridden twice yestesrday), and, like I said, we weren't ready. I'm still proud of him either way! Got comments about how we are a Lovely Pair, and he got 7's on his Gaits on all 3 tests, and I got a 7 on rider in my 1-4 and 6 on rider in 2-2.

Didn't ride Lipton because it POURED this morning, so I didn't wanna ride him in the arena with the crappy footing. Sigh. Oh Well.

Shantel: Hang in there, drama is a prerequisite to life. But you'll make it through - almost done!!

McKenzie: Yeah, one of the advantages of being short, but I still ride ponies for kicks sometimes [big Grin] But hey, I fit on the big beastly warmbloods quite nicely...good show, even if you didn't score as well as you may have liked, but good job in the equitation class!

Emily: Awww thanks, I appreciate that. Hee hee, I was such a klutzy kid and I have so many joint problems that I had to develop pain tolerance otherwise I would be in a continual morphine-induced coma for the rest of my life. But it did take a long time to develop. You can learn too, it'll just take time! Hahaha I can totally see you doing that! I do that too, but because I have very little feeling in my hands and feet, so I never realize how close my hands are until it's too late...I also burn my hands a lot because I can't feel temps well...hee hee but I can totally see you "hands + cheese grater = NO GOOD!!! Keep hands away, keep hands away" Ah, that's why I have so many bandaids on hand....Good scores on 1-4, and keep it up for second level, it'll get there eventually.

I had a clinic yesterday with Dr Thomas Ritter, and it was fabulous to say the least. We worked a lot on weight aids and how they can help the horse become more round and through. We also worked on when to apply them; that was really good because timing is one of my biggest problems. We also worked on some exercises to loosen her hips and poll where she holds a lot of tension. There was a lot of improvement in just the 45 min we worked, so I am way excited to start using these everyday! I went by myself so I didn't get any pictures, but I'll for sure get some of the show this weekend!

Two weeks until I leave, eek!! I am soo not ready, I have so much packing to do!

quote:

Originally posted by Vegas Sky:

I had to develop pain tolerance otherwise I would be in a continual morphine-induced coma for the rest of my life.

ME! ME! PICK ME! I want to be a continual morphine-inducted coma for the rest of my life! ...okay, that might a bit of a lie. [Razz]

I'm procrastonating doing my math homework by looking at colleges I'll probably be able to get into but not allowed to go to... Gah

heya!

Ok just saying hi...i'm way too tired at the moment to respond to all.

except i'll have to comment...procrastination is the way to be Emily. I live for it!

Megan- two weeks! you've got plenty of time. I did all my packing the day before I left. [Wink] but again i do love to procrastinate.

Busy here...very. The boyfriend is occupying a lot of my time....poor lil man is being put on the back burner. I feel guilty, but I'm not wanting to push him as the other day he took an off step. And work has been crazy!!! long hours anddd I might be going partnership...so we can open another location up! Dear Lord i'm not sure if i'm ready for the responsibility. And not to mention I would have to figure out what to do about college. So that is my mini report!

Hmm where has everyone got to? This is highly unusual...

Boocoo – youch!!, oh it makes my feet hurt just thinking about it, but that is so typical, even if there is only one, someone has to step on it. Awh bummer it’s still raining, hopefully you’ll get to ride again soon. Have a great weekend!

Megan – Awh man, why can’t our last year be like that LOL. I’m ready to leave, in case you couldn’t tell. Ooh, Lightning would like to live in that barn, that’s a mighty tempting offer [Razz] . I’m glad you had a good clinic. Woo, 2 weeks till the big adventure. Hey, we can call it “Megan’s Grand Adventure” and you can go chasing heffalumps and things. [Razz]

McKenzie – Congrats on finishing your first and second level scores! YAY!! Those are great placings, I’m sorry you didn’t make your goal though. Try, try again, you’ll get there.

Emily - [Eek!] Oh my goodness. Gabe’s going to be huge!! When people ride him they’ll have to be careful they don’t get a nosebleed at that altitude. Hahaha, a sure fire way to make people think you’d lost it completely. Congrats on the show, those are great scores. Shh, it doesn’t matter if you don’t think you deserved them, the second level scores aren’t that bad considering, lol. Oooh procrastinating, naughty naughty…… *not at all nooooo* what me?! A hypocrite?! Never.. [big Grin]

Lauren – Wow!! Of course you’re ready for the responsibility, you’re the most responsible person I know, hmm, not sure what that says about the people I know, LOL I’m just kidding, sounds like a great opportunity. Don’t feel guilty, I’m sure Scotch doesn’t mind that much lol, and if he took an off step, better to be safe.

Anyway, er. Haha you know how I said a little while ago our left canter went downhill. Well yesterday it fell off the face of the Earth, lmao. The day before we had a fun day and we had bareback, faux “pole bending races” actually more milk crate bending races. I must say we were quite swift, of course it helps that Lightning is nimble and can neatly swing around the end crate, hehe, and has a mean competitive streak...lmao, he gets all excited when the games come out. [Cool]

I’m off to finish my Ag Science report. Haha, not that I’m wasting time. This is a very important part of my day... as I'm sure you all understand, now just to convince everyone else. [Wink]

Anywho, hope everyone has a great day/night/whatever time it is there!

Emily - I haven't done any WEC shows this year, kind of a bummer. It's the bad part about not owning a trailer! I can only go to the shows my trainer is. This year she is doing/did the Beaujolais, Champagne, Donida August, and the LPSDC Port Orchard show. As you know I went/am going to the first three, but not the LPSDC show unfortunately, as I'll be in Georgia. So Teddy and I better get that dang score for Regionals this weekend [Razz] !! What?! They're not gonna use the hogsfuel...ummm yeah. This should be interesting. Do you know if they'll use either indoors? Yeah, they broke my vase, hehe - they said they were going to ship it to me, but were worried that it would break before it even arrives! Great, huh?? Lol. Oh cool, hopefully I will see you at Donida! Hey, congrats on your scores. For your first time at Second Level and not being 100% prepared, that's just fine. Gotta start somewhere! Its taken Teddy and I awhile to build up to being really solid Second Level, and there are still ups and downs. So good job!!

Megan - Thanks [big Grin] Hehe, yeah, I look rather small on some Warmbloods, but oh well, cause they are probably going to be in my future! I used to have a 16.1 WIDE WIDE WIDE barreled Dutch WB, he was imported and older, so he was the "old style" WB and was super thick. He had the best gaits though, omg, that horse taught me how to SIT. Sounds like a super clinic, congrats! Dr. Ritter and his wife (Shana) have been at both recognized shows I've done so far, they have some neat horses. And I love Dr. Ritter's accent! Hehe.

Lauren - Boyfriends sure are good at that [Razz] I am sure you'll figure everything out with work, you sound super busy!

LST - Thanks [smile] I shouldn't be complaining, it wasn't a bad show in the least, but there's definitely room for improvement, as always! Ick...a report...good luck!!

Patty rode Teddy today in a training session. He was an A-hole, omg. What a stinker. So she's riding him again tomorrow. Need to get some things sorted before our rated show this weekend. I am riding him tomorrow later in the afternoon so he has a break between rides, and I am going to work Alibi too as I moved her back to Patty's from Nugget's place as I just wasn't able to get to her due to time, and since I work at Patty's three full days a week and am there more often just to school, it will be much easier getting her lil butt in shape. So that's my current project, besides Teddy of course. I am giving Teddy Wednesday off, and am going to do all the fun stuff like bathing, tack cleaning, packing, etc.

Good night/day/morning, whatever!

[smiley Wavey]

eeeek, how do i keep getting so behind!?!

lauren and LST: i'm too weeny too to get a tatoo, although yesterday i met a girl with one... and now i totally want one! she got a horse silhouette on her lower back. it's a shot from behind, but with the horses head turned back. and it had a spotted butt!!! so now i totally want one...but i'm a chicken!

LST: hee hee. you wouldn't have to nanny though! [Wink] hee hee. yeah... he was embarassed. though..technically they should have been a red and blue ribbon, which is much more manlier! hee hee. that's so funny about riding in the ring with your trainer. hee hee. i can see myself doing that too! and yep, i'm gonna skip over any HP talk, cause i'm still on the 6th book. getting closer to the last one though!! heee hee. that made me laugh too...this is my aussie..she doesn't bite! hee hee.

emily: hee hee. little nicky. i remember that movie...though i can't place who ray was.... awww man. i can't even braid my own horse! hence the roached mohawk look...so no way can i actually have people to pay me to braid their horses! i'm thinking i'll let his mane grow out [ROTFL] and try to braid it...or pay someone to braid it! for aec's. awwwww, cute pics of gabe! ooooh, the tack rooms sounds like it'll be gorgeous! oooh, great scores. congrats!!

megan: ouch! hope your leg is okay. i'm still finishing the 6th book...i had to reread them all, so once i finish the last one, i'll pm you and we can chat!!! goodness girl! quit hurting yourself! hee hee. wish that would work for migraines! i had a DOOZY on friday, woke up with it saturday. ugh. and a pretty bad one yesterday too.

boocoo: have a fun time with your mother-in-law! glad beaus' being such a good boy. it's been raining alot here too. not nearly as much as you have though. mostly just short thunderstorms, but almost every day. making it hard for my hubby to get the weedkiller down!

shantel: how old are the kitties now? i think that at this point, his testicles should have already descended, so cleo is probably a girl! she's the calico right? which means...99.9% she's a girl. it's very very rare to have a boy calico. [smile] sorry school is so frustrating. that's gotta be annoying as heck.

mckenzie: congrats!!! those are great results even if you didn't qualify. but just breathe!!! you know you can do this [smile] that's great about teddy too. awesome!! what?! when are you coming to georgia???? i'm in georgia!!!

lauren: hang in there deary! wow, that's alot to consider about partnership. hee hee. i'm a procrastinator too! hope scotch feels better!

wow...sorry that was kinda shoddy replying work.

anyways... i've just been working. worked fri, sat, and sun. had a horrid migraine friday night. spent my drive home from work desperately trying NOT to puke. then woke up with it saturday am. finally went away, but then i was all queesy from the meds. ugh. so yesterday!!! was osoooo much fun. fleck and i went cross country schoolign with a friend. and wow!!! she's such a good teacher. we did lots of training fences and i basically realized that while i'm past novice, i'm not quite ready for training. the big jumps... not a problem. it's the technical stuff. but... we managed to learn alot. it was a lot of trying it, realizing what i did wrong, and trying again. fleck was a rockstar!!! we had our share of refusals, but it was all because of me. once i got my shoulders where they were supposed to be and my butt where it was supposed to be, he was fine! we did some scary stuff too, so i was proud of myself. so whoo hoo!!! i'll post pics when i get them. a friends mom took them and she had a nice camera, so hopefully they'll be some awesome ones. and...the girl that helped me...totally said that fleck had all the scope in the world and could totally do prelim!!! though he may not make time for prelim. which doesn't matter, cause i'll be too chicken to do prelim, but still!!!! i was so excited. cause here i was thinking he couldn't even do training. hah!!! he was eating it up. i was sooo proud. so she's gonna come with me to the next show, which is just a CT and we're gonna school two places XC, then i've got aec's!!! eeek. which should be like novice and a half. then i'll school pine top, and then do pine tops' thanksgiving show at training. which i should hopefully be prepared for [smile] it was just a good day. but poor fleckers knicked himself pretty good on his pastern. i don't have bellboots on him, cause he gets rubs, but he obviously needs it. so i'm gonna have to experiment with sizes and the fuzzy ones, and the professional choice ones.

anyways...better run. i've got laundry and housework to catch up on since i worked all weekend adn was gone all day yesterday!

Lauren: Oh man, no one is better at procrastinating than me!! I have all the stuff that I can pack right now done, pretty much all that is left is my clothes and tack...yeah that's why I don't have a boyfriend - Vegas won't let me! Oooh I hope Scotch isn't having a setback [Frown] You will be fine! You can totally manage opening a location, whatever it is you do at work...

LST: Don't be in too much of a hurry to finish, the grass really isn't all that much greener over here! I felt the same way you do for my entire high school career basically, but now I miss it, and I am ready to start classes at Wilson. Speaking of my Grand Adventure - I actually started a blog so I can document all my Heffalump chases and woozle escapades, the link is in my siggy...Sounds like a fun games day! Vegas hates games, but that's because before we started eventing we did barrel racing and stuff. Oh man, I hope you find your left lead canter again!

Lauren: Yeah, I imagine that WB are in your future, just as ponies are in mine!! Haha, maybe when we each have our own training barns I'll send all my ponies to you and you can send all your WB to me!...Ooooh I like the sounds of your old DWB, he sounds like a cutie, I love the old style! Hahaha WB do teach you how to sit and how to sit WELL!!...Yeah the Ritters are good people and they definitely have some lovely horses. Thomas's accent is great! Some of the girls really had a problem understanding what he was saying. but I speak german so it wasn't really a problem for me!...Bad Teddy, hopefully Patty will get him all straightened out! Sounds like a good plan for Alibi to get her in shape!

Holly: My leg is fine, it wasn't too deep, but it was wierd. My mom freaked out about it, but whatever, moms are wierd. Oooh, yes, finish the book so we can chat! Hahaha! Quit hurting myself? that's a little bit like trying to get oil from a waterspout! That's why I am going to school with a bajillion boxes of bandaids! Yeah, the pain ignorance thing works to an extent on migraines, but I have to be in a dark clod room lying down for it to really do anything, and that's not always possible, so yeah...Oh man, that really sucks! what a bad way to spend the weekend! Of course, working on weekends sucks too, but whatev, that's the life of an emergency vet! Ooooh what a fabulous lesson! I was looking for a trial this fall to do novice, but the only one that really works for me is thanksgiving weekend and Pine Top is the only trial that weekend, but that's pretty darn far away from PA! So I don't think we'll be going, since I have to be back to classes on Monday...

We had a jump lesson yesterday, and it was really really really really good! I focused really hard on my two point and I felt a lot of improvement in it, and we worked on striding and stuff and it was just a really good lesson, until after my last four stride combo Tracy was like "Good, that was really good, but that's what we call 'being out of gas' - your horse is dying. We'll let her be done, otherwise she's going to go on strike." Then as we were cooling out, the next lesson group came into the arena, and this one girl rides a spunky mule and it was being well, a mule and just full of energy, so Tracy told Shelby (the little girl) to let it trot around a bit to get the quirks out. The she says "It's better to have too much energy than not enough, right Vegas?" It was pretty funny because Tracy that's just the kind of thing TRacy says all the time, it was great.

That's all here, I'm going to go ride, then come in and work on the quilts mom and I are making for school.

Had a good time up in OK with my MIL. We went up to my SIL's new farm about two hours north of my MIL. They bought a fabulous house on 80 acres with two horse barns, pastures and arenas. It is to die for. I want to go live there!!! [big Grin]

Came home and our German Sheperd was doing really, really bad. Took him to the Vet. this a.m. and had to have him put down. He was quite old and probably had cancer. We didn't run any tests. It was evident he was already suffering. He is in a better place now, although we are so very sad. He was one of my all time favorite dogs and we had him for 10 years. We brought him home and burried him in the back yard. We are going to plant a tree there by his grave for him. He was such a great and loyal dog.

So our poor Golden Retriver is wandering around the yard looking for him. My son and I are going to look at a Beagle tomorrow. He is a year old, very calm, house trained, loves kids, dogs and cats, all of which are necessary at my house. So hopefully he works out and we bring hom so our Golden will have a companion. He has never been alone before. The beagle would be great as I do not want to deal with the puppy stage at this point. I just do not have time for that.

Finally got to ride Beau this a.m. First time since last Thurs. He did great. Rode him out in the field. The arena guy was there working on the arena, so hopefully the new footing is in the arena this week. It is starting to dry out finally and I will get to start riding, now that I have to go back to work full time next week! Oh well, at least I will get to ride.

Boocoo - I am so sorry to hear that [Huggy] How sad...but he is in a much better, pain-free place now. I am sorry for your loss [Angel] Hope the Beagle works out, and that he becomes a great buddy for your Golden!

I am short for time, so can't respond to anyone else right now, but I will try tomorrow [smiley Wavey]

Awww, Boocoo I'm sorry [Huggy] At least he is in a better place now. We had to do that to our two labs. They both had cancer so we put them down before the suffering got really bad. I think that's lovely that you are planting a tree for him, that's a good idea. [Huggy][Huggy]

awww boocoo, i'm so sorry about your shepherd. But..you gave him a loooooong life full of love. He had family, he had friends, and he knew he was a loved pup. and then you were able to give him a peaceful end without him having to suffer. you got to say goodbye. [Huggy]

it sounds very cliche, but....keep him alive in your hearts by cherishing the happy memories. know that he will still be with you all the time.

and i hope that your golden feels better soon too. hopefully the beagle will help. though i can see how a little old sniffy beagle and a goofy golden retriever will manage to get themselves into a whole slew of trouble!

Holly, Cleo is about... ehh... 3-4 months old. Shes the gray. I went online and was looking on how to sex them. She def has a hole that looks more like a slit than a round circle. But its just that on either side there are 2 black dots. They said you could also feel them, so I felt around, and nothing. I just think she has really weird coloring back there. I def think shes a female. Patches in the cali so I know shes a female. Ive got to take them in to get spayed any ways. What age do they start coming into heat?]

School.. well.. the Director of Education (DOE) was informed about the altercation on Monday. It has been 2 weeks and she was never told! So she came in, had me and the 4 girls who were involved in the fight stay in class to talk. Why I was in there, I have no idea b/c I wasnt involved! But we pretty much got it resolved. My friend still isnt comfortable around the girl who threatened her but she is prego and wants to protect her baby. Only 5 more days in school so its not a big deal.

Yesterday the morning class teacher was there.. which I was glad b/c when shes there we LEARN and do stuff. I got so much done yesterday. I have a lab book that you have to get signed off as you learn and practice hands on things you do in the clinics. I only had like 3 things left to do, like I had done them but needed to practice them one more time. But she looked at my book and was like "You know what the **** you are doing" and signed it all off for me. Because really I do. So thats awesome. Just have to take my final and show up for class until the 9th and Im DONE. Woo!

I cant wait to have a 9-5 job and not have to go any where after I get off work. You know... since December of 2005, I have had to be at work or school until at least 10pm at night. Every day (except my weekends or vacation days) for almost 2 years!!! I AM SO READY TO HAVE A "NORMAL" JOB! YES!

OH. and we put out humming bird feeders and we have already seen 2 of them eating. I cant wait to get pics of them. They are so cool.

Im such a slacker. I know guys. Im sorry! I DO read I just have to come in, read, post my update, and peace out. Maybe THIS weekend I can get caught up? Shame on me! [Frown]

Isnt this too cute though?

-

-

-

-

-

-

*sniff* they grow up SO fast!

And Ben chasing my dog, Malika

-

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. My son and I took our Golden to meet the beagle today. He was scared of him. It was quite funny. We brought the beagle home with us and they did great in the truck together and in the back yard. The golden is not afraid of him anymore. The beagle is so adorable. What a great little dog. We took both dogs to the park tonight to walk them and he wanted to chase the ducks. It was funny. But he is a good boy and listens and walks well on the leash. He is house trained and currently sleeping on my guest room bed, much to my husbands dismay. He kept telling me he wanted him outside, but this dog is used to being inside and I can't resist him. The golden came in for a while, but wanted back out. He is used to being out side.

Rode Beau again this a.m. I think his feet are sore again after all that rain and mud in Houston last weekend. He did pretty good but is acting a bit stiff. I am hauling him to a covered arena to ride him tomorrow, so will see how he does there. Our arena will be finished by Monday at home. Yeah!!!

Boocoo- i'm sorry to here about your guy [Frown] sending jingles your way! [Huggy]

Holly- that's super that you've had some great rides!! lucky girl able to ride XC quite a bit! I'm totally jealous! Oh yes I do have a tatoo...it's a side shot of a pegasus...I'll have to take a picture of it. I'm getting another one on my back..probably of the triforce triangle...but i may switch it before. Not sure yet. Oh my tatoo is on my left hip. [smile]

McKenzie- Sounds like you still had a great show! YAY!! eep...reoccuring back problems...not fun. haha yeh Art is hilarious..i love him. He actually fits my leg really well as he is quite flat sided. [smile] You'll get your Q score.

Emily- yeh idk what we were discussing... and i'm too lazy to look back on the next page! I think u were asking about my tatoo maybe? hahaha Lipton a bit high...bahah. Sounds like you had a good show too [smile] way to go girl!

LTS- Yeh I think I'll be able to handle it....we'll see how it all pans out! And you can still come here for the summer! we have lots of room! Sounds like you are havin some great fun on horseback!! good luck on your Ag report!

Megan- no way hunni child wait until you meet me! procrastination should of been my first name! lol ooo believe me your ponies will let you...Scotch did..and so did my event horse Remy. Scotch and Jeremy both know that Scotch is number one in my life [Razz] Sounds like you had a great jump lesson!!! Vegas just gotta build up some more stamina! hehe.

Shantel- hellooo stranger! sounds like you've been busy busy!

Ok my update. Scotch has been great U/S and sound for the last 3 days! yay!! We'll see how he goes tomorrow. I'm gradually increasing the amount of time trotting...little by little. He also is getting a full blown body clip tomorrow as he is a FUZZ ball. He's never been like this in the summer before..it's so strange. [Question]

Lets see what else...Jeremy and I've been hanging out A LOT! he is very different from other guys i've dated. which is great! Like we've hung out for the last omg 7 days in a row! It's like a new record for me as normally i'm like ehh see you in a few days...or next week. But he is different and just wow! Lots of fun! [big Grin]

OOOO and then tonight I get pulled over...and not just one cop car but TWO!!! let me tell you how i just about had a heart attack. And i'm panicking because I got a letter in the mail saying that i have 3pts docked on! RAWR...and now I have 4 more added! sooo apparently i was going 62 in a 45...whoops! I must of been in my zone because the road is 55 then it switches over to 45 for like 1 mile and then it goes back to 55. So i have 8pts!! ahh!! has anyone ever fought a ticket before??? I really don't want the points...and it would be nice if i could get my ticket reduced...lol.

So that was my adventure! hah! hope everyone else has a great day!

Holly – It is funny because you work so hard on your canter doing simple things like transitions and working on your half halts and just getting him to sit and lift and jump more and be straighter and carry better, then you go back and test the counter canter, and things that were so hard before are suddenly just THERE. It is such a pleasant surprise. Julie was working with me on my canter yesterday, asking me to collect him and bump him up at the same time to get him more uphill and have more jump when all of a sudden Raz just offered up the most amazing canter he has ever given me. No way to describe it other than light and fluffy and bouncy. It was so cool. I really hope I can get THAT canter at the show this weekend. Glad to hear you are having successful XC lessons with someone else. That other trainer really didn’t sound right for you and Fleck. I think your friend is exactly what you need as a XC coach right now. Sounds like you are getting some really terrific work out of Fleck. I told you he could do the more advanced stuff if you challenged him with it. Now we just have to work on getting YOU over some of the scarier fences so that you can get him over them!!! See, this is why I quit eventing, I was too much of a chicken myself!!! HA!!

Boocoo – Definitely practice carrying your whip in each hand and smoothly switching your whip from side to side without stopping what you are doing – a nice mid-stride switch. You want to be able to use your whip as a refining aid. The first time I rode with Barend, he tested my control over the whip. He made me place my whip on Raz’s hip and hold it there. Don’t let it move, tickle or tap, just rest in place on the left hip – no matter whether we were tracking left or right – for about 1/3 of the session. THAT was hard, but I managed, and it was a real test of control. You need to have that type of control so that when you go to use your whip you can decide not only where to use it (flank, behind your leg, higher up towards the croup, etc.), but also how much use is necessary from a feather light touch, a tickle, a gentle tap, a light hit, a smart crack, etc. If you don’t have sufficient control, then you might inadvertently use more whip than you meant to use. Ooohhh, good luck on nixing those bad habits!! I still throw myself forward in transitions and move my hands around too much. Julie gets soooooooo mad at me!!!! I swear, someday I’ll get it right!!! HA!! Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear about your German Shepard!! That’s just terrible, but you gave him a wonderful long life. Glad to hear you finally got a ride in on Beau. What a frustrating summer you have had. Sounds like the Beagle is going to work out very nicely. Hope Beau’s feet feel better in the covered arena.

Lisa/LST – That is great that your farrier reset the shoe at no charge. My farrier does that as well. I was worried the first time he came out to reset a shoe, but he did it at no cost. Raz normally holds his shoes very well, but every once in a while, he will lose one to mud or a freak overstep. My farrier will come and put a whole new shoe on (never resets the pulled one) at no charge. I love that about him.

Emily – OMG!!! Gabe has turned into a horse!!! He is HUGE!!! I know you keep saying he is HUGE, but WOW, you really weren’t kidding!!! He is gorgeous. What a tremendous stride he has on him, too. Just lovely. Glad to hear your body worker got you and Inky sorted out. Sounds like you were both quite out of whack!!! Good to hear you are repairing your relationship with Wesley. Hope that proceeds smoothly. Sounds like Inky is definitely getting ready to make that leap up to 2nd if his simple changes are good. Those were really what held us back the longest. I think we worked for a full year on just plain strength building before Raz was able to do a clean canter/walk/canter change. We can get a clean change now, but we still are working on clean, supple and relaxed!!!! Arrgghhh!!!! I swear he gets me every time. The new paint job in the tack room sounds BEAUTIFUL!! Can’t wait to see pictures. Sounds like you still have a little work to do on the 2nd level stuff with Inky, but not a bad first outing!!!

Megan – I’m an INCREDIBLE worrier and procrastinator as well. The only way I get things done is by worrying myself into doing them, so I do understand what you are talking about. One of the ways that I have found to “take control” back and help ease the worrying some, is to just make a list of the things that need to be done. Sometimes you get so overwhelmed with all the stuff that needs to be done, and you get so busy worrying about all the stuff that needs to be done, that you lose track of what ACTUALLY needs to be done. If you sit and make a list (and it doesn’t have to be incredibly detailed, just general) of the things you need to do, then you might just find out that there really isn’t nearly as much to do as you thought there was. That always makes me feel so much better, and I don’t have to worry nearly as much!!! OUCH!!! Watch out for those rusty nails!!! Sounds like you had a great clinic with Dr. Ritter!!! Glad to hear you are getting in some really good lessons with Tracy before you head off to school. Raz sympathizes with Vegas on running out of gas. By the end of our last two lessons, Raz has been TOAST!!!! Jack came into the arena just as we finished our lesson yesterday, took one look at Raz and said, “OMG, what did you do to him???” Not a dry hair on him, he was DRIPPING sweat, even his eyebrows were sweating. Poor horse.

Shantel – Sorry to hear that school has been so frustrating. You only have a couple more weeks, and you are done though, so you should be able to make it!!! HA!!! If Cleo turns out to be a he, just start calling him “Theo”. It will be a smooth transition!!! Sounds like it is definitely time for you to have a regular 9-5 job. Very cute kitties!! They sure have grown.

McKenzie – Oh, you are so right about the canter/trot transitions getting thrown in above 1st level just to see if they can catch you. I was chatting with a girl at my barn last night. She is showing this weekend with me at Intermediare 1. She said that there is a canter/trot transition towards the end of the test that she blows more often than gets!!! She either nails it perfect, or the horse just SLAMS on the brakes, halts and refuses to go forward at all and starts backing up!!! She said it makes her feel like a total idiot to not be able to get a canter/trot transition, but THAT seems to be the hardest thing for her to get correct in the test now – finding just the right balance to ride that transition from canter to trot and keep the horse stepping forward without over riding it and ending up walking or worse yet halting, or under riding and just not getting any sort of transition at all. Yes, I do love 2-3, right up until the last couple of movements when I have such a hard time with that very final simple change. It is just hard for Raz, so then we get it, and I’m so pleased, I forget to KEEP RIDING, and of course, it makes the counter canter, short diagonal, trot transition and center line near impossible. *sigh* I’ll figure it out one of these days!!! Ooohhh, I think you’re right. I think HalfPassGal did clinic with Tom Noone. I know what you mean about getting hung up on the fact that it is a “qualifying” ride, and then being so tense you don’t get the score you need. I have been sooo tense all week leading up to this show because I “need” to get my Bronze Medal Scores. I was just making myself ill. I finally just had to say enough and figure that I’ll get my scores at the Spring Show in May. Now that that’s “decided”, I can go to the show and relax and do my rides. If I get the scores, great. If not, no big deal. I’ll try again in May. Honestly, there is no rush. I won’t get them if I’m tense and worried about getting them. Glad to hear that even worried about the qualifying score, you still managed to have a good show AND get your Bronze Medal Scores!!! That is fantastic!! Great job in the equitation class!!!

Lauren – Good to see that you LIVE!! Busy, but alive!!! Glad to hear that things with Jeremy are going so well. YEAH, Scotch sounds like he is coming along very nicely!!! Uh oh!!! You definitely weren’t paying attention to the road, were you?? Two cops. I would have died. I’ve never gotten a ticket, so I have no idea on fighting them. I’ve heard it is worth it to try though because if the cop doesn’t show up, the ticket is thrown out. Though in your case, if you were pulled over by two cops, probably highly unlikely that neither cop would show up. Doesn’t look good.

So my rated show is this weekend. I have been cursed by the show gods. I am trailering in with the woman I normally borrow the trailer from. Our times are as follows:

Pam 2-4 7:53am

Shelly 2-3 8:09am

Pam 1-4 Freestyle 12:45pm

Shelly 2-1 2:55pm

Shelly 2-2 5:02pm

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Of course, my two afternoon classes are in front of the same judge which means that if I want both of my Bronze Medal Scores, then I HAVE to do well in my morning class, and then if I do well in my first afternoon class, I *could* scratch from my second afternoon class provided they post the results promptly which I don’t hold my hope of. Pam is concerned that her horse will be difficult loading, and she wants plenty of time to settle and at least an hour of warm up time, so she wants to plan on leaving the barn at 4:30am on Saturday morning. OMG!!! I almost died. It is going to be a very long day. Oh, and my morning class which is my hardest test of the three though I do love how nicely it rides it is just our hardest one technically for us still, is being judged by Kathy Connelly – yeah, so NO pressure there. Good grief!!!

I had my lesson on Sunday, it was a complete and utter disaster. I couldn’t ride to save my life. I was all over the place. I couldn’t even get a clean walk/canter transition, so let’s not talk about the canter/walk transition. I was a mess. Julie was trying to be nice to me because she didn’t want to yell at me and tell me how much I sucked right before a major show. Problem is that Julie is never nice. She’s honest. When you suck, she tells you that you suck. So the nicer she got, the worse I knew I was doing, and the more frustrated I got, and the worse I rode. I think it would have been better if she just yelled at me and told me I sucked, and that would have motivated me more!!! At any rate, I felt really dreadful and sorry for myself after that lesson. I ended up calling in sick to work yesterday so that I could go to the barn and squeeze in another lesson with Julie before the show. No way I could go to the show after a lesson like Sunday’s lesson. Thankfully, yesterday’s lesson was MILES better, so my confidence is perked back up a little. I figure I’ll go and do my best. If I don’t get the two scores I need on Saturday, then I’ll aim for the Spring Show in May. There is no rush.

I’ve set Raz up to have his hocks done on Tuesday. He hit 5 months the weekend before last, so he is nearly due. I usually have him done every 6 months, but we want to hit him a little early this time, since he was so sore last time and had such a hard time coming back from them. Figure if we get him before he gets too sore, he will never get run down, and the come back time will be nothing. We managed to get accepted to the Tom Noone clinic. YEAH!!! Very excited about that. So after this weekend’s show, that is all I have on the horizon. Hopefully this show will go well enough that I can use the video and score sheets to send in to the Ingrid Klimke clinic to apply to see if I can get selected as a demo rider.

I think that’s all for my update. Hope everyone is doing well.

~Shelly~

mckenzie: hee hee. yeah, i suppose telling you to quit hurting yourself is like telling me to quit walking into walls. i swear they jump out of nowhere! awww man... i'm so doing pine top! too bad you can't apparate you and vegas down for the show! i'm almost halfway through the last book. finally, actually i should be reading it instead of on here...don't know quite how that happened. oh, cause i got sidetracked...need to go enter online for aec's!!! glad you had a good lesson. us too! though i'm still desperately waiting for those pics!

boocoo: ooooh, 80 acres! how incredible. one of these days i'll get my big fat property....only it's looking further and further away. glad you had fun though. awww bad timing about the lack of rain finally and going back to work. but it still stays light enough for awhile that you can ride after work. it might even be cooler at that point! aww, glad the goldie and the beagle are friends now. seriously...watch out for them! i can see lots of mischief in your future! [smile] hope beau's just sore and nothing major. have a great ride.

lauren: cool tattoo. i'm such a wimp, i just don't think i could tough it out. but...man, that girls appy tattoo was way cool. aww, jeremy sounds great. hee hee. my poor hubby...he is always joking about me loving the horses more.... but i just tell him...you knew this when you met me. i've had roany alot longer than i've had you! hee hee. but he's a good sport about it. most of the time. [Wink] oooh, that sucks. i don't think i've protested a ticket before. sorry, can't help yah there.

shelly: yay! yep, it totally helped. and vice versa. i think the counter canter work helped me get a better regular canter too. sweet. i'm liking this stuff. ooooh, raz's canter sounds lovely. i'm glad you had a good lesson then! yeah, i agree. i totally think i'm gonna have to try to beg liz to be my coach for atleast a little while. i just need someone to start from scratch more or less and help me out. and it's great cause most of the time i realize what i did as she's telling me and i can fix it. and it's not even like it was issues that are bad issues...more just me realizing how much i have to ride and not expecting fleck to listen as much. he's such a good boy. so it should be great! hopefully i can manage to get in a few more good schools with her. and then get my other friend to coach me on some stadium every so often too. hee hee. and yeah.. .i just gotta be brave. they were looking fun, but... now they are a bit scary. but i think as i get out and do it more and more, i'll get more confident in myself and in fleck. and even if she was lying about him going prelim, that's a big confidence boost right there! hee hee. that made me laugh.. i didn't realize horses had eyebrows!! hee hee. sorry, couldn't resist! and don't worry. you're gonna do fantastic at your show... if you can stay awake til your last class! hee hee. you'll be waking up before i usually get to bed!

so.....sorta a lazy week after XC on monday. i rode yesterday but it wasn't that great of a ride. not horrid. it's just gotten really hot and humid all of a sudden. i know i've got to get motivated soon cause aec's are creeping up and i've got my first training level CT coming up. but i figure i'll be okay in that. it's schooling anyways. fleck went and got chiro'd today, as did i! it was nice. and he's gonna get alteast one more before aec's. i've also got to get his teeth done, vaccines, and also the health certificate stuff.

i'm going to go enter online now! still don't know if my friend is going or not, which means i may or may not have a ride and a place to stay, so i may have to scramble for a hotel room. oh well. i'll pick the cheapy places anyways, but it would be nice to have company on the ride up. too bad i can't work out a way to type by talking and i could just chat with everyone the whole 16 hours or however long it's gonna take!!!

anyone have any hints for long distance hauling?

anyways...off to enter aec's and read more harry potter! this last book is super good so far.

shantel: oh yeah.. i forgot patches was the calico. kitties are hard to sex. but make sure you tell them when you drop them off to get spayed to check first. i've heard of a few vets not checking cause they just assumed and after they get into the abdomen, they realize...ooops, it was a boy! you know... i really can't remember what age they go into heat! [Embarrassed] i know it's young. usually people spay around 6 months or so. i would definately do it asap! they are big enough. i've spayed them really young and they do fine. that way you won't have to worry about kittens. too many in the world already as there is... i almost took a cute one home the other day. he was black and white and lanky. looked like the lemur king from madagascar! but i've already got four cats, four dogs, and two horses. so.... he had to go to the pound. poor kitty. awww, cute pics. ben reminds me of fleck...he likes to chase my dogs too. only at feeding time though! good luck with the last little bit of school and finals!

Replying while being a nerd and watching Star Trek Voyager (Tom Paris is HOTT!!) and eating two egg salad sandiwches (YAY cholesterol!!)

Shantel: Woohoo almost there! that's good that something finally got done about the incident, even if it wasn't very helpful...awww the kitties are so cute and growing up so fast!

Boocoo: Sounds like the goldie and the beagle will get along just fine, and prolly get into a lot of trouble too! Oooh, hopefully Beau Boy feels better soon, Vegas is gettting sore too from her feet getting long and uneven. YAY new arena!!

Lauren: OMG me too!!! I don't think I've ever done anything early EVER! Yeah Vegas will let me, I'm just not ready to date right now - I still have a lot more social skills to master before I even think about that! Yep we had a good lesson, Vegas just needs more fitness, but we're getting there!...Oooh, sounds like you and Jeremy are getting pretty serious, good for you! Yay for scotch feeling better! Maybe he grew the fuzzyness because he was mad at you for being jailed so long! OMG how scary!! I would have gone into heart palpitations and convulsions...of course, then I could have used that in court against them...Anyway, good luck with that!

Shelly: I'm not alone! Yeah, I worry about pretty much everything. I like the list idea! People with Asperger's like to make lists and organize things, it's just hard for me to find the time to do it. I make mental lists of things, but then I forget where in my head I have put them...I do need to make a list though of the things I need to get done before I go...It was a fantastic clinic with Dr. Ritter, and all of my lessons with Tracy are just incredible! I love them!! That's one of the sad things about going, is that I won't be able to train with her until next summer, but oh well the training at school will be just as good or maybe even better! Aww, poor Raz, but in your defense it's prolly a lot more humid up there than it is here. Hee hee, sweaty Razz toast - a few weeks ago Vegas was so hot after our ride that I swear her eyeballs themselves were sweating!...Ooooweee that's going to be a long day! Too bad about the lesson, I can't really say anything to make you feel better since you are usually the one to me feel better except at least you had a good lesson yesterday, and if there is anyone I know who can pull through somethin like this it's you, so you'll do great at the show! Good plan for Razzle, he should be feeling fine!

So I had a great night last night! I went to Wal-Mart and bought a ten-dollar hammock, hung it in the barn and slept there all night! It was like being a kid again, I'm going to sleep out there until I leave for school! But before I crashed in the hammock I hopped on the pony bareback for about 15 min and just rode around doing nothing basically. We popped over a crossrail a few times and just had a very relaxed and fun ride.

Then today Vegas was supposed to be reshod at my old trainer's barn, but when we got there no one else was there, so when I looked on the barn calendar I saw that the appt had been moved to Wednesday and no one saw fit to tell me [Roll Eyes] Oh well, we just wait till Wednesday then...

So now I'm just waiting till four for our lesson...

3day, do you know if you can go to traffic school in your area to get a ticket off your record? My hubby got a speeding ticket a while back and he did the school on line at home and was able to have it removed from his record that way. Glad Scotch is staying sound. Wonder why he is hairy? Have you tested him for Cushings?

Smithereens, your show times are worse than mine were at Houston. Only I called the show secretary and got them much, much, much, closer together. Hope you have super show.

Vegas, so after Vegas gets her feet trimmed do they get better for her?

Fleck, when is your next show? The humidity hit hard here this week too!

I hauled Beau over to the arena this a.m. where my next show will be in Sept. The lady that owns the place was so nice and accomadating. She also told me they are having a USDF show there in Oct. Sweet!!!! I rode Beau and he was better in her arena than he has been and I had a major light bulb moment with getting him to bend left. Get this ladies.......... I did what my trainer has been telling me to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ROTFL] And by golly it worked. I am slow as molasses sometimes! Beau was a very good boy and worked very well. There was some handsome young man riding a huge grey, doing some jumping and that didn't even bother Beau. He was in the next arena over, but Beau gets scared of greys sometimes!! They had to leave but left the tackroom, kitchen and everything available to me, so I could use the facilities when I was done, just asked me to lock everything up, which of course I did. They had a nice bathrack in the barn which I certainly utilized. Beau and I were drenched when we got done.

Came home and my son and I took both dogs to Petsmart so we could get some smaller size treats for the new Beagle. They two dogs are getting along much better and they are running and playing outside today. Course it is muuuuuuch cooler than it was yesterday, cause guess what? It's trying to rain!!! Argh! But anyway, the beagle slept with my son last night. He loved that. He is the cutest dog.

[ 08-02-2007, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

I JUST FINISHED IT!!!!

the last harry potter. it's now 2 am and i haven't showered but...it's done [smile]

oh, and boocoo..... to answer your question..

my next show is august 18th...our first time trying training level Eventing. but it's only dressage and stadium, then schooling cross country. i'm not too worried about the dressage part though. they've got a stretchy circle and a trot lengthen, which we've been doing (maybe not that well, but have been doing) for a bit, so... it's more the height of the fences that worry me. Then it's off to the AEC's, with hopefully some schooling before then and definately lots of lessons. Then in october i'll go to my trainers Trick or Trot halloween show. just schooling. hopefully i'll get my act together and do a freestyle. Then... thanksgiving a rec. three phase, hopefully my first real training level! then i'll have to take dec off cause of work and holidays...(read as...working the holidays!).

anyways....good luck at your next show. when is it again?! did you decide to do 1st level this next time or are you going to do one last training?

anyways...off to shower and then bed!

i can't believe i finished them all! i might have to go back and reread the last one to make sure i didn't miss anything. [smile]

Holly – NO kidding!!! I’ll be waking up before I normally go to bed. Good grief. I hope I manage to get some sleep. I think I’m going to have to nap in the truck in between my morning and afternoon classes. I’m going to be totally wiped out. Both Raz and I are going to be on autopilot by the 5pm ride. I’m packing him a lunch, and he normally doesn’t eat lunch, but I’m afraid he will crash and burn if he doesn’t have something to eat mid way through the day to help keep him going. Not too much, but just a little something to boost his energy level. I’m so glad you are finally getting some really good help with the Training level XC stuff. This is exactly what you needed right before AEC’s. This should be just the confidence boost required to get you around that course in brilliant fashion. The more you school those bigger fences, the less scary they will be, and both you and Fleck will be a lot braver over them. You just need more practice. HA!!!! You got sucked into staying up NICE AND LATE to finish HP!!!! I finished it awhile ago. Wasn’t it great?? I was pretty much useless until I was done with it. I agree, I think I am going to have to read it again to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

Megan – Ooohhh, Star Trek Voyager and egg salad sandwiches, I would be right there with you if we lived closer!!! I keep a small pad of paper and a pen in my purse, and then when I am sitting around with nothing to do, like waiting in line somewhere, or sitting at the barn waiting for my lesson or something, I will jot down my list of whatever it is that needs to be done. Like I said, it doesn’t have to be detailed. Just enough that it reminds me of the major things that need to be done. Then I don’t worry so much because I have the list, and I can SEE that it isn’t so bad, and I’m not so worried about forgetting anything. I’m sure you are going to miss Tracy terribly, but I bet the college does have some pretty amazing teachers there so you will be in good hands. That will be exciting. OMG!! Just last night after I was done riding, I was commenting to one of the other boarders that both Raz and her horse were sweating from their eyeballs it was so hot!!!! It was so nasty. Honestly, I would NEVER have ridden him in that hot, humid, disgusting, hazy SAUNA if I didn’t have a show on Saturday. In fact, the ONLY three people riding, were the three of us going to the show on Saturday, and we all waited until after 8PM to ride, and it was still close to 100 degrees and horrendously humid. Supposed to be just as bad today and tomorrow. My only hope is that we are going North an hour and a half towards the seashore. Hopefully it will be a degree or two cooler??? Probably too much to hope for though. I guess I can look at it this way – Raz will be so sweaty, he will look nice and black instead of the dingy faded brown that he actually is this time of year. HA!!! Poor Raz!! Yeah, my one saving grace after a bad lesson like Sunday’s is that Raz is a superstar at shows. He will tote me through. Julie repaired most of my mental damage on Wednesday. I’m feeling a lot more confident now. Razzle LOVES showing, so we’ll be great once we get there – provided I can STAY AWAKE!!!

Boocoo – You know I wondered the same thing about Scotch and the extra hair – Cushings. Doesn’t that cause lameness issues as well?? Perhaps I’m wrong on that though. I thought about calling the show secretary, but she would have to juggle two riders – both Pam and me to get our ride times closer together, and I don’t think they would be willing to do that. HA!! HA!! Go figure that your trainer’s advice actually worked. What a shock!! Isn’t it amazing that the trainer can say something a million times, yet we are so resistant to actually TRYING it?? I do the same thing, so don’t feel bad. For some reason, the suggestion doesn’t make sense, or seem right, so you don’t try it. When you finally give it a whirl, and it works, you feel stupid for resisting it for so long. Don’t feel bad. You just had to get your head wrapped around the idea of it before it could work for you. You are a thinking rider, and you aren’t willing to blindly trust. That’s not a bad thing, but occasionally it will work against you. More often than not though, it is a really good thing as you really shouldn’t try things just because someone tells you to. You should understand the hows and whys. If something doesn’t make sense in your head, you don’t attempt it. Once you get your head wrapped around the concept, and you can make sense of it, then you take a stab at it, and you have a better shot at making it work. Glad you got that left bend sorted out. Glad to hear Beau went so well in the arena. Sounds like you are really working out the kinks there. The new Beagle seems to be fitting in very well with your family, but somehow, I really don’t think he is every going to be an “outside” dog!!!!

Schooling session with Raz last night went well. Managed to get the light, fluffy, bouncy canter back. YEAH!!! He felt fantastic. I can’t believe we are this close to hock injections, and he feels THIS GOOD. I keep telling him the countdown to the injections to encourage him along!!! He just has to make it through the show tomorrow, then that’s it. He gets Monday off, and injections on Tuesday, and a week of vacation to recover from the injections. A whole week off!!! Yes, I know, I’m bribing him into being good at the show, but whatever it takes. It was so godawful hot and humid last night, that I warmed him up in record time, ran him through 2-2 and 2-1 since I really haven’t ridden them at all since my show on June 3rd. He was great with them. Then I ran him through just the last three movements of 2-3 that are so hard for us to get right. Had to do those a couple of times before I was satisfied with how they rode, then called it a night. I cleaned and polished my tack and boots, but washing, braiding and packing will have to wait until tonight. Not going to ride tonight. I want him to be as fresh as possible for tomorrow, so just a nice cool bath and plenty of carrots tonight!!!!

~Shelly~

Ok real quick before I have to head out to work

Shelly- Good luck at your show kick some booty!! Glad to hear that Razzle is up to par! Can't wait to hear how it went! Ohhh Kathy is judging there...seriously don't even think about the judge. **** i had to ride in front of Rober Dover and Micheal Poulin before and didn't even think twice about who was in the booth. Ewww even though Micheal P. was hitting on me before I went into the ring. Men! You'll do fine and I'm sure you'll get your scores for the Bronze Medal! Yup Scotch is doing better...he was pretty POed at me yesterday as he got a full body clip. He was like UGH mom it's not even winter and you are clipping me. He actually made a half hearted attempt to kick me! lol rotten pony! But he knows so much better as I'll get all over his case. So we had to have a lil storytime about the big clippers on his lower leg. I guess he doesn't think its such a hot idea...but i tricked him and pulled his leg up and buzzed away. Man he was MAD! Flattened his ears at me and everything. But then he saw the carrot later and was all over me...nuzzling me and pricking his ears [Roll Eyes]

Ahh you read HP too! OMG it was good...though I think I liked Halfblood Prince better. I too need to reread it and see what i've missed! Yup been very very busy...bla! Anyways Good luck!

Holly- that sounds like a good idea before AECs!! Awh good hubby! haha and that's right horses before men! I'll take a pic of my tatoo today and post it up on here. OUUU wasn't the HP book good?? What'd ya think? Ick working the holidays...always a good time...*not* I forgot that you live down South and have the opportunity to practically compete all yr around lucky!

Megan- good for you girl. You are absolutely right that you need to feel comfortable and ready to delve into a relationship. You are still young and lots of life to live. hehe I think you are right...he didn't get groomed while I was away for the 2 weeks. But man he had a lot of hair...you should of saw all the hair i took off of him yesterday. my BM went holy he did have a LOT. Before he was "naked" we called him the fuzzy gremlin. He kinds of looks a bit too naked right now...so I secretly laugh at him [Razz] hahahah omg i wish i had a convulsion and used that in court. meh..oh well I'm going to send this ticket in saying NOT GUILTY suckas! bahah. well excluding the sucka part. Hopefully the cops won't show...and they'll give me a lesser pentalty. Ouuu sounds like a fun night. sleeping in a hammock...i would of totally fell out and crashed.

Boocoo- ooo IDK but I will check up on that!! Any ideas where I would check to see if its offered? I do know something about taking a written test and if u pass it you get 2pts taken off. I will not speed...I will not speed....I will not speed. i haen't have him tested for Cushionings..man i hope that's not the case...but i might do that. YAY for you and Beau sounds like a great schooling ride! Ouu hott guys on greys...dream come true. hehe. Awh what did you name your new beagel? Sounds like you son really likes him!

ahhhh must go to work quick!! HAve a great day all!

Lauren – I always check the judges!! At schooling shows it really matters who you are showing in front of. It will make my decision as to whether I even go to the show or not. We have a few L judges around here that are so whacked, it isn’t even worth your time to show in front of them. You have to pick your schooling shows VERY carefully. As for the rated shows, it generally doesn’t matter who you are showing in front of since L judges can’t do the rated shows, but this time it does matter who I am showing in front of because I NEED to get two scores in front of two different judges in order to get both my Bronze Medal scores in one day . . . so I have been very focused on who I am showing in front of for that reason only. Other than that, I really wouldn’t care. My morning ride is in front of Kathy Connelly. My afternoon rides are both in front of Cindy Canace. I don’t know anything about her. I’m pretty excited to show in front Kathy Connelly as I have heard she is fair and doesn’t care what you have for a horse as long as you ride an accurate, clean test. I can handle that. Oooohhh, naughty Scotch trying to kick you for clipping him. He should APPRECIATE being clipped when he is that fuzzy this time of year. Nice trick pulling the leg up and buzzing away. Not much else he can do except flatten the ears and be pissy!!! Yeah, I think I have forgotten too much from the Half Blood Prince so that I felt like I was missing things in the Deathly Hallows. I may need to go back and re-read Half Blood Prince before I re-read Deathly Hallows. Yeah, that’s it – you keep repeating “I will not speed.” Perhaps we can find Umbridge’s special pen and have you write “I will not speed” about a million times!!!! HA!!!!

~Shelly~

I am not even going to try to catch up

I just had 3 big PC events back to back - the D1 Jamboree, which was a huge success, organized by the region's junior board (read: me and one other girl), followed by a clinic with Deb McKinzie Wilson, who is amazing, and always will be, followed by Pony Club Championships and Festival!!!! I taught at Festival in the place they call 'barn fair', which is an interactive, hands on learning area for the lower rated members of pony club - D1 through C1. I taught the basics of conformation analysis and overall it went pretty darned well - I got a ton of compliments, so I guess people liked it! It was a great experience.

I leave for college in exactly a week - how scary is that! I can't even begin to comprehend that. I also have like nothing - though I now have an address there, so I need to get things shipped, pronto! We're packing up the books I'm bringing down with me today, as well as notebooks and stuff like that and sending them down. Gah, this is nuts! I also somehow have to get my riding equipment down there - namely my tall boots. I can't ship them down until Hattan goes back, which won't happen until later next week.... Should I just wear them on the plane (lol)? Any ideas?

I'll admit it, I"m a slacker. I've been trying to keep up on the reading, but have not posted much at all lately. Even while I'm at the parents' place on vacation!

Boocoo, laminitis can come along with cushings/insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome types of issues. So it might be worth doing some blood work and see what is going on. The yahoo cushings group recommends running ACTH, Glucose, Insulin, and a thyroid panel as a place to start. This will give enough information to determine if the horse has cushings, insulin resistance, both, or neither.

Speaking of blood work, I heard back from the vet today. I think we have ruled out cushings, insulin resistance, AND thyroid issues. The vet on the cushings list suggests that the low cortisol numbers we got in our first set of blood work might indicate a chronic infection. The low cortisol can throw off prolactin levels, and prolactin is involved in shedding. So that might explain the long, curly coat we shaved off of Fessor. So our next set of blood work will probably be to test for Leptospirosis and Lyme disease.

In the meantime, Fessor has the week off while I'm in cool coastal southern CA. Dad has been flat on his back with a bulging disk, and it has been *painful* watching him try to get up and down. We have been seeing the chiropractor a lot lately, and an orthopod once in awhile.

It will be interesting to see if I am more balanced to the right when I get back home, after the chiro adjustments here. Hopefully the doc can recommend a chiro near school that my insurance will cover!

Shelly, good luck at your show! And wow, Karen O'Connor! Have lots of fun. [big Grin]

Tracy

shelly: that sounds like a great plan for raz. i would even consider hosing him off and sweat scraping him before you get on. and again before you get on. and again... [smile] it'll help keep him cool and prevent quite as many loss of electrolytes. and yep, fleck always looks better wet, cause you can really see his blanket...it darkens up his roaning! make sure you bring yourself a lunch too!!! good luck tomorrow. you'll be fantastic! and yeah, i'm feeling much better about aec's than i was. though... i'm starting to get closer to panic mode, but that will come later. and yep! i was useless until it was finished. i still feel like i missed a few things...for some reason, i can only remember 6 of the 7 horcruxes...???? hmmmmm hee hee. umbridges' pen....poor lauren...not fun for her. maybe they'll take her points off if she does that though?! hee hee.

lauren: naughty boy! oh well. fleck had watermelon today and was drooling all over me. hee hee. silly boys. well, living down south has it's badness too. the humidity and heat almost make it impossible to show in the summer. seriously...the area 3 champs.. i was running cross country when it was 103.5 degrees (farenheit for you, LST!) in the shade!!! and it must have been pretty close to 95% humidity too. poor fleck was dripping before we even started! me too! so yeah... it's worse in the summer. course i'm a wimp and i feel like it's FREEZING in the winter!

lisa: sounds like fun!! don't worry... it'll all come together. i don't think wearning your tall boots would be very comfy on the plane ride though!

tracy: glad to hear that fess isn't cushinoid. hope you get an answer or...not! [smile] hope your back feels better too.

okay...since i value you guys opinions too.... what do you guys think of these bridles. They would NOT be for dressage. he's got a padded white and brown one for dressage. that's probably as much bling as he can take. But.... for XC and jumping... i've been sorta thinking about getting a bling bridle. what do you think? too much on fleck's purty face???

http://cgi.ebay.com/FSS-Swarovski-Crystal-...9QQcmdZViewItem

i'd get the dark brown bridle with the cobalt blue stones...

or this one...

http://www.charlottes-saddlery.com/Merchan...roduct_Count=12

or...just stick with my plain one with the navy and white ribbon browband....or take the ribbon browband off???

[smile]

Yeah, Smithereens, I wondered about Scotch having cushings also and Tracy sure brought up some real good points about it. That's 3day though Tracy, not me, that is wondering that about her horse? And 3day, after reading Tracy's post, maybe that explains some of Scotch's other issues, eh?

3day and Fleck, have either of you ever heard of an eventer named Marilyn Isaac?

3day, check with the court that issued you the ticket on classes you can take? Better to take the class and not have it on your driving record, which will also make your insurance go up. Oh and I think the hot guy on the grey is gay!! Oh well, sounds like you have your hottie anyway!!

Smithereens, your right, the show sec. probably wouldn't appreciate having to juggle two of you. I'd try anyway? They usually try to accomodate people. Yeah, funny how I am as resistant as my horse sometimes!! [big Grin] Then I try it and it works. I have to say, I had the most awesome lesson today. She really focused on me. Had me walk without stirrups and then don't you know when I put my feet back in my stirrups they felt to short? She had me stretching my legs forward and back and really getting a big power walk with my seat and leg aides, keeping my hands totally still. Then we went and on and worked on some other things. It was very good. And whatever makes you think our Beagle, whose name is Timmy, somebody asked his name, is going to be an inside dog? Is it the fact that he is on the bed right now as I type? Or, would it be because I let him stay in the house, [Eek!] , whilst I took my son to his fencing class today? Or would it be that he is in almost all day and sleeping inside at night? Or perhaps that even my hubby is letting him stay in? I just don't know what you could mean by that? [Confused][Wink]

Vegas, that hammock sounds like it would be a great thing to take to horse shows!!

Fleck, you have a busy show schedule ahead of you. You'll will do just fine. Fleck is an awesome horse and you guys make a great team! My next show is Sept. 15th. It's a schooling show. I think I will do T4 & 11. Then a rated show right here at home, yeah, on Oct. 13th & 14th. Then one more schooling show in Nov. That will be it till spring. I think we're on our way now and the rain is quitting, his feet are getting tougher and the iodine is working to toughen up his feet. Plus the new sand will be in the arena on Monday. And I am getting so much better at keeping those soft, forward, giving hands. And keeping them together, not going wide with them, like I think I'm forever turning a barrel or something? Anyway, I bridge my reins together, then I can't take my hands wide. It works, just can't do that in a show, but by that time it will be a habit not to do that anymore, yes it will, yes it will, yes it will!!!

[ 08-03-2007, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]