Sign in to follow this  
atrueeventer

Your dream shadbelly

Okay, I think in the next 10-20 years I think the colors we will be allowed to wear in the ring will increase. I think everyone is getting sick of black and white, plus it will help people be more interested in the sport. Won't be as boring.

So pick out what your dream shadbelly will look like. Have fun, and maybe we'll be able to take those colorful coats into the dressage court.

Ok, so mine will be a rich dark burgundy in color with a suble floral pattern (from far away it will be plain but up close you'll see a subtle pattern). The coat will have black points and a gold lining OR navy points and a cream lining. With the first coat, black gloves and stocktie and the second, white gloves and stocktie.

I'm done, post away!

Diana

Okay, so if Inky ever got to PSG, His Shadbelly would be: Plum with white points and either a lavender velvet collar or a darker plum velvet collar, and either white lining (omg how hard would that be to keep clean?!) or light lavender lining and then a white stock tie, and a plum top hat!

As for Lipton, we're deffinately gonna have a black shadbelly (I'm a bit of a traditionalist as well), with the gold points and everything, and then a navy one with (I wish!) Creme points, and a creme stock tie and all that... Mmm... 2 more years!

quote:

Originally posted by RolinRiver:

Hmm... colors would be cool but Im all about classic. Black for me. hahahhaa.

Same here. I mean, nontraditional colors are fine and good, but I just can't seem to stay away from that classical black and white.

Definitely a traditionalist myself...colors are cool and I think that it would be cool to see other people wear them but I can't say that I would ever do anything like that myself Black and white power!! 200 years of conformity can't be wrong!!!

But in all seriousness, even though colors are cool, I am hesitant to see them come into style just because I don't want the dressage ring to turn into what some of the other disciplines have done, where the goal is to show off how much bling you can put on your horse, not how much training you have put into your horse.

I agree with Vegas Sky. I think the focus should be on the horse and how the rider is riding, not how colorful they are. [Razz]

But I think they should have a seperate class altogether where people pick what test to ride and can wear their dream shadbelly.

Mine would be chocolate with rose colored lining and what not with an ivory stock tie.

[bat Eyelashes]

quote:

Originally posted by Vegas Sky:

Definitely a traditionalist myself...colors are cool and I think that it would be cool to see other people wear them but I can't say that I would ever do anything like that myself Black and white power!! 200 years of conformity can't be wrong!!!

But in all seriousness, even though colors are cool, I am hesitant to see them come into style just because I don't want the dressage ring to turn into what some of the other disciplines have done, where the goal is to show off how much bling you can put on your horse, not how much training you have put into your horse.

The above is one of the many reasons why I love Megan. [smile] Very nicely put, my dear.

quote:

Originally posted by SpotsAtX:

quote:

Originally posted by Vegas Sky:

The above is one of the many reasons why I love Megan.
[smile]
Very nicely put, my dear.

Why thank you, my dear. It's always nice to know that at least someone likes me [big Grin]

But yeah, the dressage world is going that way a little bit now with browbands and stock ties and saddle pads and the like, but I think that is far enough. The dress we wear has a traditional reason to it and I think we should keep it for the most part.

Black or navy is great but I'm glad to see some color in the vest points. I love some of the prints in the new (I'm pretty sure it's that one) Dressage Extentions catalog.