Sign in to follow this  
dressagewannabe

I bought a Horse!!! PICTURES WORK!

i dont think having a horse of that breeding registered several times is really worth the money, IMO. especially if you dont plan to turn around and sell him any time soon.

anyone purchasing a horse who is under saddle isnt as likely to care where the horse is registered as long as he does the job he is needed to do. and the people who are going to care about registry are the ones looking at the WB's or a registry where they show on the breed circuit (arab, QH, paint).

ive heard AWS has great year-end awards as well, so just stick with them. hes a gelding anyway, so its not like you need the papers for breeding down the road [big Grin]

OH MY FREAKIN GOD! I WANT THAT HORSE SOOOO FREAKING BAD!!!! I SWEAR, IF I COULD, I'D DRIVE ALL THE WAY UP TO OHIO AND STEAL HIM! WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO SELL HIM??!

Seriously. I looked at him and squealed LOUDLY. lol He's freakin beautiful; he has the perfect build, and color!!! I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight...!

He's THE most beautiful horse I've EVER seen.

[ 08-08-2007, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: wiseacre ]

Holy. Moly. Cannoli.

That is....wow. He is big, as in BIG (maybe it's just me?), and gorgeous, and flashy and I like him. A lot. You are going to have so much fun with him!

P.S--He is two, isn't he? Who are you gong to ride in the meantime?

Thanks everyone!

I sure do adore him, but man is he a goof. As for the question about who I am going to ride in the meantime, I don't know. This week I have a job training a horse for a friend while she is on vacation, I'm giving her horse a little tune up while she is away, and then school will be starting up again.

There are a couple of horses at the barn that my trainer likes me to exercise, but I have a heavy class schedule this semester, and work almost full time, so until we break Pirate in the spring I will be kept busy [smile]

Very cute! I went to an AWS inspection to watch and decided not to register my guy with them at all...That is a lot of money for a gelding that I don't plan to sell, ever...so I just did PHR...I wasn't terribly impressed and I didn't want him branded:-) Enjoy your boy!

he looks SO much like my paint gelding that i recently sold it's SCARY. i saw the first few pictures and was just like "holy crap it's chief!"

he's GORGEOUS, good luck with him!

quote:

Originally posted by Beckham03:

Very cute! I went to an AWS inspection to watch and decided not to register my guy with them at all...That is a lot of money for a gelding that I don't plan to sell, ever...so I just did PHR...I wasn't terribly impressed and I didn't want him branded:-) Enjoy your boy!

What exactly didn't you like about the inspections? It sounds like something happened that turned you off of it. I have heard nothing but good things about them from the people that I know.