Sign in to follow this  
heronponie

Show!!! pictures included :-D

Well, I took Savannah to a dressage show yesterday. It was our first dressage show of the season (we have done some hunter and western shows in the meantime).

She was a pretty good girl! We did T1 and T2. The tests were so-so, but the judge loved us for some reason. She was throwing points at us, lol! We scored mostly 7's and 6's with a couple of 5's mixed in for the real ugly moments. We also got our first 8 [big Grin]

We scored 63.9190 on T1. Ideally it would have been higher, but we did get a 5 on the free walk (coefficient, so it brought down the score). The ring was bigger than I expected, I ended up touching the wall between P and F instead of at F.

On the second test we recieved 66.071 with comments of "Nice energy" and "Harmony between horse & rider"... which were my goals for the day!

And now, for the important part: the pictures!

-

-

-

-

Oh yeah... we took 1st place in both classes [big Grin]

Good girl Savannah!!!

Congratulations! Very nice scores [smile] She is way cute, looks like a very nice mover too. I also LOVE the browband, where did you purchase it? (If you don't mind my asking).

[smiley Wavey]

Very nice! Lovely photos:-) You guys do look great and I love that headband too..I want to know where you bought it also:-) [big Grin][big Grin]

[Yay]

Thank you! Savannah has had some bad experiences in a dressage ring (my fault..) so this show was very much a remedial experience. Our one and only goal was relaxation!

I didn't buy the browband anywhere- I made it myself!

It was a fun project, and I'm toying with the idea of making some more, and will offer them to my local tack shop for sale.

You and your horse look like a great pair and congrats on the 1st place even though you had some rough spots.

Wow! Congratulations! The two of you worked very well together. Then again, should we expect anything less? [Wink] Two first places, that is so cool! Nice headband and, as usual, Savannah is one flashy lady.

Haha thank you!

Nah, she doesn't look as good as Rocky in these. (looks all pulled-in in the canter pic especially!)

Maybe in the first pic she is giving her 17h trot haha!

Wow, I've always thought your mare was goregous, but seeing her all flashy in the show ring... [Eek!] . Congratulations. You guys look great together. And aside from your beautiful browband... which now means I'm going to have to pick up a new crafting hobby [big Grin] ,... where did you get your bridle if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!

The bridle is a plain Stubben hunter bridle. I had to special order it in black, but I prefer this to the really huge padded dressage bridles.. because they take up her whole face!

I am keeping a tentative eye out for a padded noseband of medium thickness to put on this bridle, but it is hard to find them without a flash.

That is my exact problem and why I asked. I have a connemara with a nice refined face and I have searched high and low for a black padded bridle with no flash and no humongous noseband. I just don't get why no one makes one. [Confused] It must be a conspiracy against cute ponies or something. [Razz] Your bridle, however, looks great on her so I think I'm going to copy you and just get a nice plain black bridle till I can find the perfect one, because my poor pony can only go so long with a not so good fitting bridle.