Sign in to follow this  
parry82

Questions about dressage coats

I'm looking for recommendations on dressage coats. I currently event and use a plain navy hunt coat. I've finally decided it's time for me to upgrade to an actual dressage coat!

So, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm trying to keep it under $200, but slightly over can be done. I'm small through the waist, but I have large shouders. RJ Classics have been suggested, and, while I love their hunt coats, the pictures of their dressage coats don't make them out to look very nice.

As a slightly more complicated option, I could order a Pikeur from overseas, and it would come out to $200 (that's the price with shipping, but without tax). Only problem is, I have no clue how they fit and no way to try one on. Do they fit true to size? Say if I take a US 8 in normal closing, would I be a US 8 in the Pikeur coat?

Thanks. [big Grin]

From my experience with Pikeurs, they fit pretty true to street clothing... I'm special because I have broad shoulder and a long torso, but am fairly skinny and have a little waist, but long arms, so I'm not a good example of fits! I love the Pikeurs, and I think you will too if you splurge for it. You can always go to a local tack shop and try a few on to see how they fit you and see what size you need to order!

If you are ordering from Amri, they are great and will answer any question you have regarding any of their items, including the Pikeurs. I've ordered many breeches from them in the past, mostly special order. Fantastic customer service, fast delivery when they have the item in stock and when they get them in (mine have to be often ordered from Germany) and they are SO NICE. I highly recommend them.

PMJ - Could you post the link to Amri? I googled it and didn't find anything, and I'm kind of intrested, seeing as I've been looking for a pair of champange coloured breeches for a while! Thanks in advance!

i have ordered from them and had an OK experience. i was told by another store to order a certain size boots for my mare, and when they arrived they were much too small. i measured and everything.

when i asked about exchanging them, they were going to charge a pretty hefty "restocking" fee. the boots were clean, as i had tried them on over a couple paper towels to check fit and realized almost immediately that the hinds especially were just not going to work.

so, just make SURE of the size, because exchanging from them is a PITA. the restock fee is like 20% or something, which for an exchange on an unused item is rather rediculous IMO. that didnt include paying shipping to return the boots. there are several other international sites that i would try instead of using them again.

http://www.amirashop.co.uk/acatalog/info.html

There is the link

You have to read the return policies on ANY site and be willing to deal with them. Besides, if another store told you what to order, not advised by Amri, then that really isn't their fault.

Here is their return policy:

Returns Policy Goods becoming damaged in your opinion through defective material or poor workmanship should be returned for our inspection immediately, and if necessary the item may have to be returned to the manufacturer for testing. In these cases 28 days must be allowed. Under no circumstances should items be continued to be used when damaged, as you would have been deemed to have accepted the goods in their damaged condition. Postage fees will be reimbursed for justified claims.

Any goods which do not meet with your expectations must be returned to us within 14 days of receipt in an unused, undamaged and unsoiled condition. Where applicable the original branded packaging should be returned undamaged . In this unlikely event, replacement or full refund will be given less any external charges incurred, packaging and postage . In the case of return/exchange, no charge will be made other than for shipping and a restocking charge of 10%. Customised products are non-returnable.

In every case of return, prior notification must be given to Amira Equi and Return Authorisation Number (RAN) obtained. Returns must be clearly marked "Goods Return to Vendor" on parcel and on customs documentation if declaration is required. Failure to comply with the above returns guidelines may result in you incuring customs charges, if returning goods from overseas and your return will be subject to an administration and restocking charges of up to 25% of the order value.

In case of exchange or replacement of products, you will need to place a now order on our website.

The return will be credited when the returned goods have been received by us, except for international returns made via DHL, FedEx, TNT, etc. which will be credited after 45 days due to possible charges from these carriers against the receiver eg. FedEx has a standard returns fee of £30 which will be deducted from the refund"

If I were to order a coat, and I was unsure, I would get standard measurements and then just ask. Again, they are very helpful. Also, if you can go someplace and try on a coat, to know your size (in a Pikeur) that will be good as well.

I've always been happy with product and customer service and plan to order another couple pair of breeches very shortly.

[ 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: PMJ ]