Sign in to follow this  
skipismypeachblossom

-bounces in- Hi guys!

So... hi! Do ya'll remember me? Cause that would be great if you did. If not...

I'm Lisa, I'm going to college in Georgia at Wesleyan College, I rode a horse named Manhattan until I came here, and now I'm currently pretending to be a hunter while secretly wishing I was riding dressage. Okay, so thats actually not that secret.

I stopped posting because I got sick of never having anything positive to say about riding (or nothing at all as was often the case!)... Well, I still don't have a whole lot to say, but I feel soo isolated from the dressage community and that whole way of thinking down here in hunter land... So, here I am!

I was showing IHSA this semester, but after quite the rift with the trainer down here, I pulled myself from the team. However, after talking, we decided that I would show again, but not until I was ready (if you all WANT the juicy details, you can have them, but its some nasty stuff. Basically it came down to, the trainer was purposefully having me do things she knew I wasn't ready for/wasn't going to succeed in/could get into trouble doing to see if eventually I would break down and ask her for help, because apparently, I didn't want to learn. Yeah.)

So I'm chilling here, riding whatever I get put on for lessons until I can figure out a better situation. Problem is there isn't exactly a barn in the area that I'm aware of, and without a car, it doesn't matter anyway.

Oh wait, I wanted to say positive things... Well, I'm almost done with my first semester of college, I have a 4.0 going into finals, and I have 8 horses to ride when I go home! Sweet!

How is everybody?! Going well? Have a good show season?

i remember you [smile]

bummer that it's not quite what you were hoping for. But.... look at it this way.. atleast you'll get alot of experience riding multiple horses. and... if you try to stay open, you might learn something that you can carry over into dressage land... just don't forget to keep your shoulders back. NO HUNCHING!!! they can get over it [Wink]

hee hee. and holycow a 4.0!!!! that's awesome!!! didn't you want to go to vet school? or now i am confusing you with someone else. so that's great news!!!

good luck. hang in there. maybe you can make some friends outside of the team that have horses and go ride with them [smile] !!! work on it [Wink] he ehee.

Hey there again!!

I was in that exact same thing with college hunt seat and dressage, but solution was quitting and concentrating on my riding. It was either my trainer's way or the highway, so I picked the way because what she was teaching wasn't effective and looked wrong. [Wink] My suggestion is stick with your guns and don't give in because that isn't a way to teach someone. You deserve as much respect as she wants from you.

4.0 is great by the way. What is your major? I don't think I caught [big Grin]