Sign in to follow this  
KrazyTBMare

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 19!!

howdy!!!

so yeah.. i suck. i'm not even going to try to catch up. that's what 96 hours in one pay period will do to yah... with 82 of those being in one week. BUT!!!! i get a whole week off now and it started with snow [smile] see my other link... well, snow for us georgians! hee hee.

so yeah.. i'm really sorry. hope everyone gets their saddles fitted, their ponies sound and healthy, their new horses settled in, classes settled, and...whatever else i missed.

i'm hoping to ride this week. i think our trail ride for tomorrow is cancelled but i might take fleck down anyways later if the roads aren't bad. and then this weeekend is my clinic with the really cool guy from the aec's. jumping and dressage. so yeah... not much. gotta get ready for my dressage schooling show on the 16th of feb. i'm thinking i might try to get a freestyle together!

anyways... dinner has arrived. gotta run!

holly

Just got back from riding....

Squeeee hahaha it was awesome. Even my instructor made a comment from the lesson she was teaching, it was that much better than usual. [Jump] Now I'm on a high.. and this is the end of my brag post [Razz]

ETA: and tomorrow I'm going to learn how to make good coffee at a course I'm taking. Hopefully it'll make me more employable, if not, I'll know how to make good coffee [big Grin]

[ 01-16-2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

yay lightning!!! that's awesome!! you have to get some pics [smile]

so.... i'm so bummed. stupid weather is just not cooperating. the snow was cool. WAS...for the whole 3 hours it lasted...then it turned to slushy rain and it's been cold and miserable and wet since. so again... no ride. tomorrow i'm riding though!! even though it's supposed to be cold. and this weekend is gonna be miserable. My fun clinic that i've looked forward to all freakin' month is probably cancelled... and to top it off... next weekend, when i'm stuck working...the high is supposed to be 57 and sunny. ARGH!!! i just really want to ride more than twice in a week!!! and i haven't ridden in a whole week at this point. argh.. but i've got a lesson on tuesday. gonna see if karen will give me a lesson too sometime this week/weekend if the weather cooperates. and.. .if my ring is too mushy i can go ride in the covered arena down the street. pay ten bucks, but at this point it's worth it! argh... i'm just ready for spring. i also can't do all of the little projects...like clean out the trailer, clean out the tack room, etc. it's just too cold and wet and mushy.

But.... i did order a fancy quarter sheet that's waterproof for mr. fleck... it's navy and silver ( of course!) for only $50, so atleast when i do get to ride he'll be warmer than if he didn't have anything on. and i just sent my entry in for my horse trial... hopefully i'll get to ride before then! and... i did make plans to go school with a friend feb 3rd... but the dressage show (schooling) is feb 16 and i wanted to do a freestyle. have to ride to be able to make a freestyle!!!

anyways...sorry. cold and wet and mushy don't exist in hollyland, so..... i shall just go there!

maybe that will cheer me up!

I have been swamped. Time to check in!! [big Grin]

Beau is doing great, working great, and his feet are getting better and better all the time. He was shod last week and I rode him after. We got a huge, big @$& sitting trot. Holy Smokes. He could really push off then and use his hiny. They put more support up under his back heels for him! WOW!!

We were going to buy a home on 10 acres, with barn and arena then decided it was not in our best interest at this time. So............ I got a brand new 4Star, Aluminum, 2 horse slant load trailer. Wow is it shiny and pretty!! Beau was not impressed either way! LOL! I sold my old trailer the same day I got the new one. It was to cool!

I am now trying to come down w/ bronchitis or some such crud. I do not feel good, so going to bed and will catch up with everyone later!

Good night!

I'm checking in as well!

Sounds like things are going well for everyone!

I had a fabulous clinic this past Monday with Scott Hassler. You can check him out at www.hasslerdressage.com I really enjoyed him! He watched me ride for 15mins before my actual ride time to get a feel for us. Scotch was very well behaved for his first time out and about in over 8months! He helped me with to continue to ride through Scotch's panicky/loosing confidence moments. We had Scotch moving quite fancy and did a lot more tight figures and having him more supple and through in his topline and over his back. Did a lot of spiral in and out at the canter...reallly helped with our moments of Scotch wanting to run away and improving our degree of balance and suppleness. I think Scotch gained a lot of confidence from that exercise as today his canter was quite lovely! He gave me quite a few compliments saying I have a great "feel" and seat. He loved Scotch and was impressed that he was a slaughter truck rescue. He was definately worth my money! I think I'll head to his farm in Feb. with another boarder for a lesson with him. Tomorrow I have another clinic..but with Bob Orton. We'll see how Scotch behaves and if I can ride decent! Oh yes Scotch went right on the trailer w/out a glitch. We all were shocked...but I think it was the broom that Gail had in her hand. Made him think twice.

On a sad note....classes has started this past week. Blehhh! This semester will be tough methinks. Also all except 1 are the 3hr night courses. So it will be a fight for me to stay away and paying attention!

I figured I would join in on this chit-chat since I'm always in this forum posting (lurking more likely).

Lightening----Isn't it always nice when your instructor comments well they are teaching? I bet that made your day and put a smile on your face. Congrats on the nice ride. Coffee making course????

Flecken----Snow is just pretty isn't, but not so pretty and fun when it turns to slush. Good luck at your lesson and hope the weather turns out nice for you. Our colors are the same......hehe

Boocoo----Wow just by how you described the trot I could picture it. I think you made good choice in getting the trailer.

3Day----Sounds like you had a nice clinic. I can sympathize with you on classes because my just started this past monday.

Luvhorses----Good luck with the filly and smart idea on backing her first before sending her to the lady for training.

Some of you might remember my post about that mare being given to me (my first horse), well I took her because I love her personality and movement and just overall she is great. I have a great story about how she tried to kill me when she was 2 yrs old [Roll Eyes] I think from that moment we were a pair and I never realized it because her sister came along and I went Gagagoogoo--you know baby) over her.

Anyways I my trainer let me know after that she is now trained to 2nd and this past fall started 3rd. She is above what I can do, but my trainer wouldn't offer the horse if she didn't think it wouldn't work. My plans for this year are to learn and grow. I'm starting out at Training level and seeing where we go. Oh now I have to get horse things [Yay]

This week has been hectic to say the least because I'm trying to get a class so I can graduate in May. My schedule has been changing it seems every hour or so. I'm in the process of getting my community service started (grad req again) and then back to being a working student.

Have a great Friday all!!!

Marie [Crazy]

Lisa/LST – So now that you have had a taste of private lessons, you are hooked!! Glad to hear it. Honestly, in dressage, once you have mastered the basics of w/t/c, the only way to really advance is through private lessons. You just can’t get the attention you need in a group lesson. You and Lightening should make really good progress now.

Boocoo – Sounds like you and Beau are making fantastic progress. You and Beau are more than ready for the leap up to 1st. Sounds like your November clinic went really well. Are you still planning on riding with Eddo again in February?? Hope so. He is really good. Glad to hear you have found such a great new home for you and Beau. Sounds like this one is really working out well. Don’t fret about the scores at your November schooling show. Sooner or later you were bound to be in front of a judge that you felt didn’t score you fairly. I would be willing to bet it was just a “low scoring” judge. There are tons of them. They score everyone low, not just you. I hate judges like that. Congrats on the new trailer!! Sounds lovely!!

McKenzie – Glad to hear Patty is recovering from her surgery and back to riding. So sorry that the purchase of Teddy isn’t going to work out, but I think you are making a very wise decision on that front. If he is still off, then there is no telling what is going on with him. That just isn’t a risk you can afford to take. I LOVE Indy!! She is adorable. I think she will make a excellent choice of horse for you.

DQ – Sorry to hear Jag isn’t working out for you, but you are making the right decision. It has to be a partnership that clicks, or it just isn’t going to work. You are better off to sell him and move on to another horse if IT just isn’t there.

Emily – Glad to hear you and Lipton had such a successful re-entry to the show ring. I know getting back in there for the first time after your fall must have been hard, but now it is behind you, you both did great, and you can focus on the up coming show season. Glad to hear the clinic went so well. Sounds like you and Lipton did a great job.

Lauren – With this on again off again lameness, is there any chance that you have just given him so much time off that in your attempt to bring Scotch back you are intermittently doing a little too much work and inadvertently making him a little muscle sore so that he appears lame for a day or two following some really good workouts, then you give him time off, and VOILA!! He is miraculously sound again. You work him again, and suddenly, after a few really good workouts, he turns up lame again. Perhaps it is just that – simple muscle soreness/fatigue due to being out of work, and now getting put back into work. It is so hard to gauge how much work a horse can handle when you are first bringing them back after a long lay up, and since he has been off for so long, you are HYPERSENSITIVE looking for any teensy little sign of lameness in him, so if he even hints of lameness, you are all over it. Could that be the case?? Just tossing out a possibility for you to consider. Sounds like it is time to get nasty with the woman who has your dressage saddle!!! Time to get it BACK!!! Glad to hear the Hasler clinic went so well. That’s fantastic news. Good luck with the Orton clinic!!

Tracy – Sounds like Fess made the move to the new barn very nicely. So sorry to hear how sick your sister is. Hope she is doing well. What a nice Christmas present from your parents – have fun saddle shopping!! Quinn is a cutey. Hope things work out, and he gets to stay.

Megan – Glad to hear you are back to lessons again with Tracy now that you are home. Congrats on the new filly. That should be a fun project for you. I checked out the pictures, she is adorable. You have a tough semester worth of classes lined up for yourself. Good luck!!

Shantel – So sorry to hear about Randy’s mom. That must be so stressful for both of you. Hope it all works out, and she gets the meds she needs.

Marie – Welcome to the chit chat thread!! Good luck with the mare and the school schedule.

Okay, that gets me caught up on the three or so months that I was behind!! HA!! Razzle was off with an abscess for Christmas/New Years, but that has finally been sorted out just in time for him to need his hock injections. It is always something. I pushed the injections back two weeks because he had been on stall rest healing from the abscess for two weeks, and I really wanted him to have some turnout/riding time before I put him on stall rest again for the hock injections. Can’t put it off any longer though or I’ll make him sore. I can feel that he is “sticky” and just not wanting to really sit and collect in the canter. His trot work is BRILLIANT, but the canter, not so much. So I have backed way off and just done light hunter hacks with him this week. The vet will be out on Friday (week from today) to do the injections. I was hoping for a little earlier appointment, but that’s the best she could do. So another week of light hacks for Razzle, then we will have a week of rest, a week of rehab, and then we start put him on the market for sale. I’ve had a bunch of people calling me/approaching me about him, but I just wanted to get these last few things taken care of that I knew were coming up before I listed him for sale. Once all this is set and done, then I will feel comfortable listing him and making appointments for people to come try him. I want him to be 100% comfortable and happy before I start showing him. That’s about it. Nothing else new going on. Julie is in HORSE SHOPPING mode. Good grief. I keep telling her we have to sell Razzle first, but that hasn’t slowed her down a bit. *sigh*

Hope everyone is doing well.

~Shelly~

boocoo: awesome that beau is doing so well. and way cool about your trailer!!! that's exciting. and...having your own home is fantastic, but... it's also nice to board... sorta a catch 22 no matter which way you go. how fun getting your new trailer all set up.

lauren: whoo hooo. i'm so jealous that you get to clinic! our's is gonna be cancelled i'm betting. bummer. oh well. atleast i get to go ride today. it's sunny and 55 [smile] whoo hoo. hopefully it won't be too sloppy though. have fun at the next clinic! get pics [Wink]

mckenzie: bummer about teddy, but the new mare sounds fun [smile] i couldn't get her pic to pull up but if i remember from last time, she's a real pretty dark bay right? or am i way off? hee hee. anyways...sounds like a plan! it'll be fun having a youngster! and hopefully teddy will go back to being sound again!

marie: welcome to the chit chat! so...clarify for me... you don't have a horse now...until you just bought the mare that tried to kill you when she was young!?! hee hee. but now she's a 3rd level horse that you're buying right? how awesome!!! i'm so jealous, but it a good way. i keep wishing someone i knew had an upper level horse for me to ride. but fleck and i are working on it. hopefully we'll really get into 2nd level this year. we're still making our way through first. [smile] anyways, awesome about your new horse. can't wait to see pics!!!

well.... i'm going to go ride!!!!! whoo hooo. it's sunny and 55 (but a windchill of like 45, but still). so whoo hooo. fleck's just gonna have to go naked, but it's not too bad. he'll be working. and the furry mares are naked anyways... still don't know about the clinic but it still looks like rain tomorrow afternoon, so... [Frown] bummer.

anyways... have a good friday!

holly

quote:

Originally posted by FleckenAwesome:

i keep wishing someone i knew had an upper level horse for me to ride.

How many times have I told you to pack Fleck in a trailer and come visit me and Raz?? Lessons with Julie on both Fleck and Raz . . . !!! Tempting!!! AND . . . we are rehabbing a VERY NICE GP horse right now from a front suspensory injury. If he makes a good comeback, the owner is giving him to one of my friends to use as a schoolie until the horse needs to be retired. He will probably never do GP again, but he should be good for 3rd or 4th.

~Shelly~

okay so... how many hours would it be to get to you??

hee hee. so i mapquested it... only 18 hours and 1000 odd miles ;)no sweat, piece of cake! fleck's done 17 hours before....

but seriously.... how cool would that be... i could do camp julie! drive two days, stay 4, drive another 2 home...

hmmmmm. maybe when it warms up up there! hee hee. if you were only like 8 then sure, definately.... but yeah...18 hours... phew!! tempting though... and i imagine it may only get more tempting as time goes by. [smile]

Luv, I think you are making the right choice about Teddy. The new mare sounds lovely. Need to check out the link. You will do well with her.

Lauren, hang in there, school will bo by fast.

Marie, the "new" horse sounds exciting.

Fleck, go see Shelly. That would be too awesome.

Shelly, I am still planning on clinicing with Eddo the end of Feb. We also have Wolfgang May at our facility now. I am going to audit a lesson on Monday and then if I like him, schedule one for myself. Hope you get Razz all squared away and good luck with the selling. Shouldn't take long, he is a lovely horse.

I will post pics of the new trailer soon. I have just been gastly ill. Bronchitis, I am thinking. I came home from work today at noon and went straight to bed for 4 solid hours. Thought I had to get up and take my son to his fencing class but alas, my wonderfull hubby came home early to take him for me. I hope I feel better so I can ride tomorrow and then use the new trailer on Monday to haul to a lesson. We'll see how I feel.

ooooh boocoo!!! what a shiny awesome trailer [smile] very cool [smile] and feel better soon! that's no good. hopefully it's just a one day thing and you'll get to go to your lesson.

and yeah... i should... before she sells razzie. then maybe just maybe she'll let me hop on him too!!

[Wink]

[ 01-18-2008, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: FleckenAwesome ]

Holly - eww icky weather. Hope it stays nice for you! 18 hours isn't that long.. 18 hours to shelly.. then 18 hours in a plane to here. BAM see this could work. Now GO [Razz]

Boocoo - That's great about Beau's feet! And YAY new trailer, how exciting! [Jump] Hope you feel better soon! Oooh nice purchase! Love the trailer!

Lauren - Sounds like an awesome clinic! and Scotch is a trooper, what a good boy! I hope the

McKenzie - Aww sorry about Teddy, but she is a stunning filly! What a great experience you'll have with her! Her markings are incredibly cute! Teehee.

Marie - Welcome to our corner of the boards!

Shelly - Haha yes, indeed I'm well and truly hooked. We've done a complete 180 on where we were 2 weeks ago. I must say to catch up that far is a feat of dedication! [Not Worthy] Hehe sounds like Julie is like a kid at Christmas. Shopping for others is almost more fun than shopping for yourself LOL.

I am officially a barista, ahaha. Ok maybe not, but I can froth milk [big Grin] and I quote "not the American way" so apparently you guys froth milk different to us, who'd have thunk it. LOL. I can make other coffee and stuff too, not that I like coffee that much.

Uh haven't ridden since the other day, it's been raining for 3 days straight and the arena has flooded. Instead I went and bought a plain browband and some ribbon (ok more than some, quite a bit) and I'm going to make some pretty browbands to add to Lightning's collection. But they only had one browband in is size so I'll have to go back later and get more. [big Grin]

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever the time is there!

Many of you requested pics so here they are.

-

Trainer's friend riding her back in 2005, which Nadiaa was just coming off from a year of no riding due to pregnancy.

-

2005 again

-

Nice canter

-

Canter again....they were asking for her to lift more, but she was saying no politely (oh she can be a lot worse--as you ride forward and don't push when she is uncomfortable it will be okay)

-

This summer before one of our rides, actually was best one because I went out there and just had fun. I got her to go forward and supple. At end she did a very nice stretchy trot circle. I wish I had a camera that did.

-

This is her daughter, now 3 1/2 yrs old by Donnerwelte. Nadiaa is by Candidus: http://www.sellefrancais.org/candidus.htm

Once I get to see her again (didn't get to go home for the holidays) I will have pics of us together.

Boocoo......that trailer is nice.

I'll catch up with everyone else tomorrow

Marie

[ 01-18-2008, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: marie02 ]

mckenzie: oh yeah... i remember now. she was a pretty pretty girl!! good luck with it! can't wait for pics!

lightening: hee hee. only we'd have to swim or something to get to you!! hee hee. would be super cool though... oooh, pretty browbands! and you go barista girl!!

marie: oh yeah.. i remember he now... man, she's gorgeous!!

so... it's snwoing again!!! wowza's... i swear...global warming/destroying the planet, etc... we go from ALMOST the worst drought ever to snow... odd. but i'm enjoying it. the ponies are wimping out though. all huddled up in their stalls. hee hee. though it was pouring rain this am, so... it's trying to stick. and it's supposed to continue all day, so hopefully we'll get some accumulation. and i'll have more pics. and maybe even video [Wink]

So no way am I gonna even have time to catch up on reading let alone respond to everyone...

Things are going pretty well, Vegas is being a lot nicer to Macy, although she's still not being nice persay...Vegas feels better although she still has a little bit of a cough, but it's dry. We rode for the first time today in about a week, and it was at Pony Club, we're officially members now! It's a lot of fun, I can't wait till summer when we do more jumping and cross country!

School sucks as usual, but I've decided to continue on the pre-vet course, but that still doesn't mean vet school for sure, that's still up in the air

Now that I'm back into a routine and things are finally settled down, I am so glad that I came home. I still miss everyone at Wilson, but things are just working out so well here in a way they never could have at home. Vegas is so happy, I can be with my best friend again. There's only one piece of the puzzle missing now (cue dramatic suspenseful music under immense pressure from the family)...It's time to start dating.

Okay so I totally lied and went back and read a lot of stuff, I'm just sitting here on the couch (though I should be working on math)

Shelly: NO KIDDING!!!!! Now that I'm back into the swing of things, school is a little less painful, but it's still rough, especially when I have to wake up at 5:15! The young horse sure is a cutie, and she sure will be a project! She doesn't have a whole lot of experience in life yet, but we're working on that before she grows enough to break.

Boocoo: *DROOL TRAILER DROOOOOL* **SLURP**

Holly: If you want the Vegas to give Fleck a pep talk on long haul trailering I'll arrange for her to learn to use a keyboard, and you can teach him to read, then you'll have no sweat going to camp Julie!!

Okay I think that's it for now, I gotta go feed soon and shop for shows this season!!

Thanks for the comps on the trailer. Just brought it home so hubby can wire all the lights properly for me. It is quite snazzy!!!

Luv, yeah, that is a disappointment about the bronze, but you will get it someday, you are quite young. You won't stay young long though if you keep burning the midnight oil!! Get some sleep girl!

Lightning, I am not getting to ride right now either. I am just feeling way too awful. Hope I feel better so I can ride tomorrow and have my lesson Monday. 3 day weekend and I am sick as a dog! [Frown]

Vegas, I bet you are just tickled to death you are staying home and not heading back east.

Fleck, with your new hours, you would have plenty of time to make a trip up north!! [smile]

Marie, that mare is lovely!!

[ 01-19-2008, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

Luvhorses---Thanks, I think she'll make a great teacher and I think that is why my aunt is given her to me. Snow boarding lesson was today, if so how was it?

Lightening---We froth mil differently? [Confused] Hmmmm....I would never have guessed that. You'll have to post pics of those browbands [Wink]

Flecken---I knew that the pics would jog some memories. More snow for you guys? I can picture the horses being huddled in the stalls because we had horse up for training from FL and he did that the first snow fall.

Vegas---Don't you like how one wants to get along and the other is unsure? Congrats on become a Pony Club member.

Boocoo---Thanks, she looks exactly like her sire [big Grin]

Well I went riding today at the barn I started at last semester. When I came to the barn I told the trainer certain things I wanted to accomplish, basically my dressage. So we are making progress in that direction because come May I want to show Nads Training test 2 and 4 (4 is a long shot for me, but I think I can do it--if not July I will be able to). I talked to my aunt/trainer (Maine) she is letting Nads having time off at my request because she sometimes needs that and hasn't had any long time off in awhile.

She'll start riding her again come mid Feb. I'm going to see her and ride her on my spring break [big Grin]

Hows the weekend going for everyone else?

Marie

Marie - beautiful mare! I bet you can't wait till Spring to ride her!

Holly - More snow hehehe. Can you make snow angels? puhlease [bat Eyelashes] and take pics!

Megan - I'm glad Vegas is feeling better! Even if it's just a little. Yay! Sounds like home is where you're supposed to be... but at the same time, you had to leave to figure that out. Ah life is grand in that way lol.

Still no riding, went a played with Lightning a little, I think he thought he was on holidays and was being a grump. More ribboning instead, about to finish one, after much practicing. Then I won't have any more browbands to do anymore [Frown] Oh well.

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Edited because Marie snuck in LOL.

[ 01-19-2008, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

megan: sooo glad you're happy at home [smile] Yay!! i know that was hard for you, but hey... it only took like what 7 total days of hauling and some good times to find out [Wink] hee hee. but it was good that you did it, cause now you know!! hee hee. not sure fleck can learn to read, but if he can... then heck, screw the long haul... i'll just let him read my and shelly's notes!

boocoo: i know... i really am sorta thinking about it. doubt mike would go for it (hubby) and probably not julie's hubby either! hee hee. but... how cool would that be?!

marie: okay, i'm sooo sorry, but forgive me... i was laughing outloud reading your post, cause i was reading nads... not as nadia... but as in nads... as in gonads! [ROTFL] i'm sorry. i'm just sooooooo bored!! but now you can call her that when she's being naughty! hee hee. and yeah...i totally remember her. she's gorgeous!! such a pretty redhead! good luck with her. you'll have fun doing T-4!! go for it! you've got time. and yeah... part of the reason they were in their stalls was cause that's where i threw their hay. normally i scatter it in the field but i wanted them to eat all of it instead of wasting some in the snow and muck. but... they have spent most of the day in there. luckily they aren't pooping in there as much [smile] they seem to go outside for that. whoo hoo. easy enough!

lightning: ummmmm. i could make MUD Angels! [ROTFL][bang Head] yeah... not so much snow. it came down all day but cause it was wet, no accumulation...in the city though it stuck a bit more. oh well. now it's just gonna ice over. ugh. i can't wait to see your browband pic [smile]

so yeah... not much more news. other than I'M BORED!!! i've been watching tv but there is nothing on....well, we did watch Good Luck Chuck last night... and i'm sorry, i'm sick and wrong but that movie was hysterical! and then there's nothing on...i've even run out of simpsons repeats to watch. then i fell asleep for a bit, then i did some laundry, then... i read some training notes... oh, but then i did accomplish something! i updated lacie... my external harddrive. so now when i'm a geek and crash my computer... i won't lose my pics and videos. good for me.... bad for my computer.

anyways... yeah... so i'm bored... could go to bed, but it's only 10:45...

anyways.... enjoy your weather!

Herrrre we gooo, Lightning will love me.. and this one is pretty subdue compared to the other ribbons I got. It's only my second try at this checkerboard pattern ever.. so it's not as nice as I'd like, but it's way harder than the shartooth/triangle pattern.

-

-

Aww thankyou! LOL

Psst Holly, if you ever get bored late at night you should check out the HC chat room [big Grin] There's usually some friendly night owls in there to chat with [Wink]

[ 01-20-2008, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

Just popping in.. I read everyones post but I will have to response later tonight..

I lunged Layla on Friday just to get her moving... it was getting cold and she was feeling good... giving me this HUGE trot and snorting and what not.. too funny.. but it was good for her to stretch her legs and get some energy out... I only had my cell phone on me and it was getting dark so the video is CRAPPY but I was able to grab some crappy stills and made a little collage to show my ponays "big horse" trot...

-

[big Grin]

Cool brow band Lightning.

Fleck, just go by yourself. Road trips are always healthy for ya!! [Wink]

I went to urgent care this a.m. and I have, as I figured, bronchitis. He gave me antibiotics, inhaler and cough syrup to make me sleep tonight.

I have to run the trailer back to the barn soon though, as hubby has it all wired for me now.

I just got in from a WONDERFUL ride on my lovely mare.

We are on Week 5 of the Adequan (she gets it every Saturday) and I lunged her on Thursday so decided a little ride would be a good idea today. Plus shes already in her first true heat of the year (YAY) and shes a total doll and love bug and UBER relaxed and even more fun to ride when shes in heat.

Anyways, warm up was great, trotting was great, renvers, travers, LY was great. She was feeling really good so I decided to test a little canter. If she didnt feel comfortable, Id stop.

MAN! The trot to canter transitions were AWESOME. She stayed round and through her back, really lifted and pushed UP to me, and it was so calm and relaxed and WOW. Then the canter that followed was just so rhymthic and soft and round... even the downward to trot was awesome which has been our week spot since Ive had her. Cantered both ways like 2 times around an area thats a TAD smaller than a small dressage ring and let her walk.

Then I decided to ask for one more canter each way from the walk. BAM. It was perfect! So needless to say, after all this rambling, Im just so please with her slow but steady recovery and cant wait to feel her after 8 weeks on the Adequan!

[big Grin]

shantel: wow, she looks great! i'm so jealous you get to ride. i almost did today.. but the ring was frozen in places, slick in others... and i decided it wasn't worth fleck's feet and legs. as much as i wanted to...though it was bitter cold. i think the high with the windchill was only like 28! but tomorrow i'm gonna jump at the place i used to board and tuesday is my dressage lesson, so...

boocoo: i know... i would go by myself. it's just that that is a really long way to haul! i've done it before going to AEC"s, but i tend to get sleepy at the wheel which isn't a good thing. but i'm still thinking about it. [Wink]

anyways.... yeah... still no riding today, but tomorrow and tuesday should be fun. then it's back to my week on. and my birthday!! whoohoo. turning 30!! the BIG 3-0!!! egads. actually, i'm not too upset. hopefully they'll bring me cake at work. if not, i'll have to make myself some funfetti cupcakes instead [smile]

have a great night.

Boocoo - Icky, hope you're feeling better soon.

Shantel - Yay! Sounds like an awesome ride! I'm glad Layla is feeling good too!

Holly - Aw Happy Birthday!! What date is it? I hope you get cake!

Not much going on here... it's still raining...

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!