Sign in to follow this  
KrazyTBMare

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 19!!

Holly, you just reminded me I want to send off my sister's birthday card soon. She's in New Zealand, so I need to all some extra time for the card to get there. Beck's BD is a week after yours. [smile]

There's not too much going on here. Classes start tomorrow, which means that I'll get some cleaning done today while I procrastinate on reading. Whatever works. I had hoped/planned to get some cleaning done during the long break but THAT didn't happen. I'm so bad about leaving housework until it is just overwhelming! If I EVER get caught up, it wouldn't take too much to keep up. But yeah, that requires getting caught up. Oh, well. I'm ready to get back into classes again.

Have a good week, all!

Tracy

quote:

Originally posted by FleckenAwesome:

january 23rd.... i'm easy.. 1/23/78
[smile]
and i dang well better get cake!! cause we all know what will happen if i try to make it myself!
[ROTFL]

Oh my gosh, you're just a baby!! [big Grin] I am not going to tell you where I was or what I was doing in 1978, cause then you will know how realllly ooooooold I reallllly am! Ha ha ! Not old enough to be your Mother though! Not quite! Not even a young Mom. Nope, not quite! Well maybe, but that's only if I was a statistic! Ha ha. But happy early b.day!

Tracy, I hate house cleaning. It's a good thing I have company a couple times a year, or my house would never get cleaned! [big Grin]

hee hee. yeah... i never clean until mike's mom comes over [Wink] and i'll sorta clean for my mom. it's just a pain. i really should just get a maid to come once every two weeks and do the stuff i never do.

and yeah... i know, i'm still young. 30's not too bad, except it's when my mom keeps telling me "just you wait til you hit thirty"...apparently that's when i'm gonna get fat, start forgetting things, etc. so.... one and a half more days of thin and smart [Wink] hee hee. though... i will start it off with cupcakes! screw it! hee hee.

anyways... here's a sexy pic of the fleckster since i know ya'll are all having withdrawals!

-

also.. i got to ride!!!!! whooo hooo. [Yay] it's amazing how much better my mindset is now that i got to ride. and it didn't hurt that it was with five friends. ya'll should check out the link on the eventing board. i'm too embarassed to post my craptacular SI photo over here, but ya'll can go laugh at me over there! it's bad... but that's okay, cause i know it was bad!

peace out!

holly

The Bob O clinic was informative. Though I'm not sure if I totally grasped some of his concepts. He was a quick talker and made me stay on top of my toes. We did a lot less than what Scott was having me do. Worked on more rehabing Scotch and developing muscles and tone that he has lost. So in some ways it was helpful with getting Scotch more strength and hopefully more sound. As well as giving me exercises for suppling him and keeping his energy to continue through his topline and not get "stuck". Scotch was a good ponyboy [smile]

Did a braiding demo on Saturday for a fundraiser and did some games on horseback. omg what a riot it was. I'll have to post some of the pics.

Well I survived the jumping clinic! Woohoo! To say the least it was interesting, but I didn't feel that much out of whack (besides our careening moments). Considering I haven't jumped since October. I rode a catch ride...a big buckskin named Patrick. He's pretty cool...but a bit moody. Wish I had more time to work with him on the flat before Melissa started putting the jumps up. All and all it was fun! I really missed jumping and hopefully Scotch will be back doing it by Spring.

I'll have to catch up later....it's late and Jeremy is getting restless. lol.

Have a good night all!

Holly - Yay! You got to ride too [big Grin] lol. Off to laugh at you when I'm finished here [Wink]

Haha Lightning loved his browband... We made him a sporting pony and took off his noseband to get "the look"

I thought it looked pretty fetching...

-

Do you think he agrees [Razz]

-

Finally got to ride again... and had a lesson. Can someone come stand in the arena and beat me with a stick until I do something? LOL. If *I* do it... Lightning does it... fancy that ay? lol. Nothing much else going on here.

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Boocoo – I’m not familiar with Wolfgang May. As long as you audit first to see if his training philosophies are in line with your own, then you should be good!! Yeah, I need to get my butt in gear and draft the sales ad on Razzle. I’ve been dragging my feet on it, but I really wanted to take care of the hocks and the clear up the abscess before I listed him for sale. I didn’t want to get him listed, then have someone call me to come see him when I had him down on stall rest from injections!!! Ohhh, feel better soon. Sounds like you have been miserably ill. GORGEOUS new trailer!! I’m very jealous. I can’t believe you have been waiting so long to go to the doctor!! Glad you finally have some good meds to make you feel better.

quote:

Originally posted by FleckenAwesome:

i should... before she sells razzie. then maybe just maybe she'll let me hop on him too!!

[Wink]

Holly - Well that’s sorta the whole point silly!!! A few lessons for you on Raz with Julie. Even if you can’t bring Fleck up with you, you could fly up on your own for a visit just for the lessons on Raz. No rush though. Even if I sell Raz, I am looking to get another 2nd level-ish horse to pick up right where I am leaving off with Raz. It would be easier for you to translate what you feel on Raz back to Fleck as they are similar type horses in build, personality, movement, etc., but even if I had sold him, hopefully I will end up with another 2nd level or higher horse.

McKenzie – That’s really sad that Teddy will end up going back to his owner’s house. I know you will really miss him. I was hoping you would be able to continue the lease on him, but if he isn’t going to stay sound, perhaps he isn’t the best horse for you to lease either. What will you do for a horse to ride until Indy is ready to start under saddle?? I am shopping for a 6-8yo in the 2nd-4th level range though I would go a little younger/older or a little more or less schooled for the right horse/price. Razzie and I LOVE visitors!! Beckham has come to see us, and PMJ is coming this summer, so who else??

Lisa/LST – Well it is a good thing I have Julie to horse shop for me, because the novelty rapidly wears off for me, and I begin to HATE it. The last time I had to horse shop, I about died. One of the worst experiences of my life. Julie was the only reason I made it through and ended up with a horse. She kept me going through it long after I would have given up. Well you are one up on me, because I couldn’t froth milk to save my life!!! HA!!! Fantastic browband!! Love it!!! It looks spectacular on Lightning, even if he does look less than thrilled by it!! HA!!! Oh, you had one of THOSE lessons. *snicker* I have those quite a bit – where Julie stands there and yells at me in frustration, “Don’t just sit there. Do something, ANYTHING!!!” Opps!!!

Marie – Nice mare, but I have to say, her training sure has progressed by leaps and bound in the past couple of months. In November you posted that she was showing Training, schooling 1st and doing a little 2nd. http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...t=005708#000000 Now just a couple of months later she is suddenly finished 2nd and moving on to 3rd?? Sorry, but I’m confused. Which is it?? Horses just don’t progress that quickly. It takes about a year to build up the muscle tone necessary for a horse to correctly carry itself and do 2nd level work. So even with a really fantastic trainer, it still takes time for the horse to physically develop and progress. If this mare was only working at 1st level in November and is now working at 3rd level now, then the work is not correct work as there is no way she has built up the correct muscle tone to carry herself properly in that short of a span of time. It’s just not physically possible.

Megan – Glad to hear things are better for you now that you are home. Sounds like you made the right decision.

Shantel – Glad to hear that the Adequan is helping Layla. Are you still planning on doing the hock injections?

Lauren – Glad to hear the clinic went well. Sounds like Scotch is coming along nicely. Perhaps what he needed is more muscle building and toning. The catch ride sounds like fun.

Razzle’s hock appointment is Friday, so I really can’t do much with him until after that. I gave him a light hack this weekend. He was full of energy, but not comfortable enough to work hard. Happy to be out and riding though!!

~Shelly~

shelly's back!!

hmmmm. you say PMJ is coming up to visit in the summer???? maybe PMJ would like some company [smile] i'm too wimpy to head up there in the winter anyways [Wink] . speaking of PMJ, i'm really going to call aiken amy soon. and... i found out that heidi white!!!! who rode northern spy in rolex, is wintering in aiken now....so i may just have to have a weekend-o-lessons!

alright... gotta go get ready for my lesson!

holly

LTS- Awh Lightning looks oh so excited about his new browband. LoL! But he looks very nice in it. How are classes going for you anyways?

Shelly- well hello stranger! Hope that Razzle's abcess heals up soon. Then you'll be able to start horse shopping. Oh fun...most of the time. What's this everyone is going to your house? HEY I'm coming too...if there's an invite. haha! I'm hoping that it is a strength issue on him. He starts off quite nice and moving free, but as time goes on he'll start to feel a bit "stuck" here and there. Not bad...he'll go sound after a stride of being ouchy. You mostly see it if he is a bit behind my leg, but I was recently told not to push him far out of his comfort zone when rehabing. But to do more bigger steps for half a circle and then bringing him back and doing it throughout the ride. Continuing to ask for bigger strides...for when I bring him back as we do this it will be in a more step. Hmm make sense? He seems to like that a bit better. We're doing more lateral work in the walk to continue to advance him while still rehabing. Whew. Ok enough of me. hah! Glad to hear that you'll be able to ride! woohoo!

Holly- You'd be surprised on how many big name eventers winter in Aiken. Heck I wintered in Aiken [Wink] Definately try to do some lessons with Heidi! Fun! I would love to get Scotch down to Aiken...maybe next year. When's your first event?

So pretty good ride today considering he hasn't been ridden since Friday! Pretty sound...but towards the end he did get a bit tired and head bobbing in the bridle here and there. But had some nice canter work out of him. He likes to zoom into our rehab canter. It's a bit funny actually. So those transistions have to be more tuned and accurate.

Ugh I have a class @ 6:30 tonight that goes to 9:10 [Frown] I'm going to die.

Have a good day!

We can have a summer party at Shellys. Do you have a pool? [big Grin] I like horse shopping, it's the horse selling part that I hate. I get tired of people not showing up, wanting you to give the horse away, or they think they can ride and they can't. You can google Wolfgang May. Everybody here loves him. He is orginally from Germany and rode and trained with the Spanish Riding School before coming to the US. I hope someone else has a lesson soon so I can audit. Yeah, I didn't go to the Dr. cause I thought I would just wait till Monday and go see my Dr. but by Sunday that wasn't happening, so I went to Urgent Care. Now my son has been sick, but he feels much better today and is starting to get bored. A sure, sure sign that he will be going back to school tomorrow and I will head back to work and hopefully get back on Beau tomorrow. It's been since last Thursday since I was on him!! [Eek!]

[ 01-22-2008, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

Ooooh, yeah summer camp at Shelly's!!! Hey Vegas, we're going on another road trip - this time to MASSACHUSETTS!!!

So I'm supposed to be doing homework right now, but I'm watching America Idol and trying to do homework at the same time...at least I got part of it done....argh, I just hate school! I'm seriously thinking of just going for my Bachelor's in Animal Science - I can't find the motivation to do my homework on a daily basis, how the flip am I gonna make it through vet school?!?! I don't even think that's what I want to do...I don't know what I want to do, except that I'm pretty much done with this whole college thing, and I'm not even half done yet...It would sure be nice though if I could just make up my mind...

But time for happy news - I rode Vegas today in the vineyard schooling flat and she was really good - a little tense and high strung at first, but pretty relaxed and through at the end, which is totally good for riding in an open field next to a busy road. Oh and yesterday the coolest thing happened!!!! We went riding in a new vineyard yesterday about a quarter mile down the road (we actually rode down a road with CARS driving past us with no freakout!) and we rode up this big hill, and it was a bright clear sunny day, and we stood at the top of the hill looking at the Cascades that were in perfect relief, and looking to the south I saw the Three Sisters, then going north progressively was Mt Jefferson, then Mt Hood, then Mt Adams, then Mt St Helens. It was so cool to see all those peaks standing above the rest of the Cascades, all covered in snow, it was sooo pretty!! Then we finished the galloping sets and rode home - it was such a good ride and just what we needed to make it through the rest of the rainy season...

Okay now I really have to go work on my homework, regardless of what my major will end up being...

Yay! Camp at Shelly's... Can I come too? Are you scared yet Shelly? [smile] LOL

Shelly - Haha yes.. those lessons... I think they were pretty much the same words my instructor was saying, but I think she was trying to be nice at the same time, sometimes I wish she'd just yell at me [Razz] I tend to not do anything rather than risk doing too much... and I know he can do it... it's just so frustrating that *I* can't, no.. won't do it lol. *sigh* I need that stick lol. Hope Razz feels better after his hocks are done.

Lauren - I'm glad Scotch is pretty sound -touch wood- Hehe I'm just now enrolling in my next class, it's online so I don't know if that counts as a class class lol.

Megan - Yay! Sounds like Vegas was such a good girl!

Holly - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! seeing as it's the 23rd here! You're the 4 person I've said that to today, apparently it's a popular day LOL.

So, I rode today, it's kind of hard to concentrate and move where you need to with lots of people in the arena.. so I discovered. Apart from that it was alright. Kind of hectic really lol, but it ended well.

Have a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Holly – We have a HEATED INDOOR arena, remember??? The outdoor weather you are riding in is actually colder right now than the heated indoor we ride in – how’s that for messed up!!!

Lauren – Scotch got so much stall rest to heal from his injury that I think your rehab time is going to be long, slow and frustrating for you; however, if you really take your time and let him come back just as slow as he healed, you will have a much stronger, sounder pony in the long run. I know you are eager to get back to work with Scotch, but I like this new approach a lot of a few big steps, then back to his comfort zone. You are going to have to get very good at reading Scotch and figuring out exactly what his comfort zone is so that you can push him just a little, but not too far beyond it and very carefully each time so that you are always bringing him along, but not too fast. When he turns up a little off, you’ll know you crossed that boundary a little too far. When he stays nice and sound, either you are doing great, or perhaps you can do a little more. Eventually you will have him back to 100%. You’re on the right road.

Shantel – I got on the T to come to work this morning and did a double take. There was a woman on the T that looked so much like you, I had to look again. I thought, WOW, Shantel really was serious about coming up to see me . . . NOW!!! HA!!! -

Boocoo – Sorry, no pool, but I have Jack who will cook!!! Hope you all like spicy food, he is Armenian!! Okay, I googled Wolfgang May – definitely audit a lesson before signing up with him. You may not like his style. Many people are put off by the German style. Depends how much of the German style he has carried over, and how offended by it you are, or whether it will work for you. They tend to be rather . . . blunt. The Germans are not very forgiving and have a tendency to run very hard, fast, brutal lessons. You either keep up the pace, or get blasted. Personally, I LOVE lessons like that. They really work for me. Yelling at me motivates me to work harder. I can take it. Some people can’t. Don’t expect a German to coddle you, or hand hold you though an exercise – not unless he has been VERY Americanized!!!! Let’s just say my lessons with Jan Ebeling were some of the toughest lessons of my life, and I would kill to ride with him again, BUT he refused to stop to explain things, just threw out the exercises he wanted and EXPECTED you to get them right. I learned a TON when I rode with him. You better be prepared and conditioned for a very brutal lesson when you signed up to ride with Jan. I audited many times and worked my butt off to prepare both Raz and me before finally signing up for a Jan clinic. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wolfgang May runs his clinics in a very similar fashion. The Dutch (Eddo) are much more laid back and sympathetic trainers. A completely different style. I enjoy them very much as well – I ridden with (and audited) several. I learn a ton from them as well. Just a different teaching style. Depends what works for you. Both Eddo and Wolfgang are Bereiters, so they are both great trainers, and you will get good lessons from both and learn lots from both. Just depends on whether you like the style of teaching of both or not.

Megan – Ah, the joys of college and trying to decide what to do with the rest of your life. Don’t worry, you still have plenty of time to decide. Sounds like you and Vegas had a great ride. Glad to hear you had no freakouts on the busy road. That’s fantastic!!

Lisa – Julie gave up being nice with me a LONG time ago!!! She just flat out yells at me now. Whatever works!!!

So Camp at Shelly’s – I hope every one likes spicy food, because that is pretty much ALL that is on the menu!! HA!! Lisa, I think you and Lightening are going to have one VERY LONG swim!!! And since this is supposed to be one of the coldest weeks of the year, might I suggest waiting until a warmer time of year?? As for can I handle it?? Hmmm . . . if I can manage a party for 150 for George’s graduation, I think I can handle a few internet friends for summer camp!!! Jack may kill me, but . . .

~Shelly~

at work... very quick..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!!!!

And Shelly.. ROFLMAO Ima stalkering you! [Wink]

Half day today... 1 hr and 15 mins to gooooooooo.

Hey, if Shelly wants to bring out the horse-shopping monsters in all of us, let her! [big Grin] We are up for a challenge. Of course there is no horse-selling challenge with Razzle. I'll just take him. [Razz]

Happy Flecken BIRTHDAY Holly!!! Hope you had a good one!

Shelly- yes, I'm just going to continue along. We'll see how it goes. Once the weather starts to improve hopefully I'll be able to do some hacking out with him.

Megan- hang in there....believe me I know how it goes. Heck I shouuld be graduating this year...but nopeee I have another 1 1/2. maybe less. It's something that you HAVE to do. I didn't want to go to college AT all. I took a year off...went vet decided 8yrs was too much took another semester off and now I'm a Business major. Why. I have no idea but its a major that I can use just about anywhere. A lot of seniors don't even know what they want to do. Just give trudging a long! Glad to hear you had a good ride on Vegas. sounds like it was a nice sight.

Well my classes suck...its going to be a longgg hard semester. Had a decent ride tonight...Scotch got a bit pissed at me as i got after him in the canter today. But overall not bad. Tomorrow he is getting his first accupunture tomorrow. I hope it helps him out....

Have a good day all!

Happy Flecken Birthday Holly from me and Beau too!

Hey Shelly, great information. Eddo was not super tough but he did yell at me a couple of times when I did not understand something he said, then he would smile and say yah, like that, so I guess I got it! [big Grin] I have yet to audit a Wolfgang lesson. Our weather has been yuck and nobody has signed up for any lessons. There are the die hards like me, the owner and a couple others that ride anyway, we do have a semi enclosed arena for pete's sake! [Wink] But I did ask one of the gals how were lesson went and she said awesome and that Wolfgang is very calm and kind and easy to learn from and explains things very well, so maybe he has been americanzied, eh? I will definitely post an update if I ever get to audit a lesson. He is not doing clinics at our barn, rather living in the guest house with his wife and his GP horses are stables in our barn now. So I'd say he is here to stay for a while anyway! I can't wait to audit him.

I got back on Beau tonight and it was freezing, foggy, mysty and we were all by ourselves. Quite pleasant it was. He was great for having had a week off, I was actualy very ecstatic with how awesome my ride was. I will ride again tomorrow, then trailer him in his new ride to my lesson on Saturday. Our awards banquet is Sat. night. Should be fun!

Can't catch up completely right now. But CK's 3rd ride after extremely light work for 5 months while I was away went fabulous. Probably one of my best rides on him. He was fabulous. [smile]

Uber tired.. will try to catch up tomorrow.

Rode today.. She was really good.

Was playing around and meant to get my collected walk to 1/2 TOF and ended up with what felt like a walk pirouette/TOH. So I was like HMM get a video!

Well we get like a few steps that look promising.. when I felt get her stuck, I let her walk forward for a second. But hey, it looks not bad for our first attempt EVER at doing it!

-

Two quick pics....

Excuse the ex-event rider in my coming out here... this was still during warm up but no excuse I know...

-

Though the lighting was pretty

-

thanks for all the happy birthdays guys!

it was an okay day... nothing too exciting...

but i got ice cream cake at work [smile]

vegas is super cute in that photo!!!

gotta run... back to work...this is my week to suck at the thread!

Dobby – Just wait, you think selling Raz will be no challenge, but I STILL haven’t written his ad. Perhaps today. *sigh* I really NEED to do that.

Lauren – Raz has had acupuncture. Good stuff!!

Boocoo – Yeah, the Dutch just seem to have a nicer way of putting things. The Germans tend to be a little harsher, but Wolfgang may either be an exception, or just Americanized. Either way, audit first, then decide. You wouldn’t want to get midway into a lesson and decide his style isn’t to your liking!!! Glad to hear you are back in the saddle and feeling better.

Tag – Glad to hear you and CK have been reunited!!

Shantel – When first starting to work the TOH, don’t try to do quite so much. Start with just a 180 degree turn, then go forward again. Less of a risk of getting “stuck” behind. A full turn walk pirouette is a very advanced movement requiring a great deal of collection.

YEAH, Raz gets his hocks done tomorrow morning!!! Then a week of rest, and we get back to work. I’ve rather enjoyed the time off though.

~Shelly~

Shelly, writing an ad for Raz should be easy, he's so awesome!! [Wink] I will definitely audit a Wolfgang lesson before I ride with him. I have always audited trainers before taking lessons with them. There's no other way imho!! [big Grin] I audited 3 before I settled on one in AZ. I really like riding with my trainer here. She has brought us a very long way and through all our troubles, so someone else will have to be pretty amazing to measure up to her! But I am interested to see how he teaches, since I have heard nothing but good things and he is right at my barn.

Lauren, Beau has had acupuncture also. That is what healed his tipped sacrum last year. A bit of mainuplating and acupuncture. He truly benefits from it!

Rode him tonight and it was frigid cold. Only one end and about 2/3rds of the arena are actuall enclosed, although the sides have huge overhangs, like 24 ft on each side. But it is cold and he hasn't been out, so he is full of it. Then the fire breathing, horse eating miniature stallion starting hollering in his stall. Beau couldn't see him, but he sure could hear him and he sounded like a stuck pig! That freaked Beau right out! So while I had a very forward, horse with lots of impulsion, it took a while to get him to quit spooking at everything after that!! [big Grin] He did finally settle down and we had a good ride. Next ride will be a lesson on Saturday.

I'm going to hit the hay! I'm beat!

Argh, what a day...

Started out great, my last class of the day was canceled so I just headed home, chilled for a while, and then went for a ride...the ride was good, albeit a little short...then I headed inside to pound out some overdue homework. Dana (my recently married friend) came over and we hung out for a long time, just talking...she's having a really hard time adjusting to married life and all that it entails...they went through a scare thinking that they were pregnant, but then found out that they weren't, and now a bunch of other stuff is happening that I shouldn't really share on a public forum, but suffice it to say that it's been a very rough few weeks for them...so she came over to get a break for a little while and we talked about a few things and laughed about a lot of stuff, and then she went home feeling a little better...

I guess it wasn't that bad, it's just hard to see my best friend be so distraught over something that is supposed to make her happy, but I guess that's all part of the process...

Man, you guys are great! It doesn't matter how hard or crappy my day has been or how much I feel like complaining, you'll listen to me...thanks.

okay.. i'm gonna suck at this for awhile i think... but anyways.. i'll give it a shot..

boocoo: good luck at your clinic! i'm so bummed mine got cancelled, but hopefully we'll get it rescheduled soon. sounds like you've been getting some good rides in. hope you are feeling better now!

megan: wow... that's really sucky about your friend. sending happy thoughts and prayers her way. and hope you continue to have good rides and good days!

shantel: good luck working with the TOF! flecks' got an almost perfect turn on the haunches, but really just can't grasp the turn on the forehand. not sure why yet? haven't figured it out in my brain yet. seems like it'd be the other way aorund, but maybe not.

anyways... not much going on. work was busy earlier, but it's calmed down for now. have two patients... one is the cutest little jack russel/pekinese cross. way too cute! and very much a terrier attitude [smile]

anyways... it's sooo cold! windchill in the teens tonight. but hopefully it'll warm up by the time i manage to get myself out of bed and i can ride [smile]

hope you all have a great night/day/whatever!

holly

Boocoo – I think I am just putting off the inevitable when it comes to selling Raz. I know it needs to be done. I know it is the right thing to do, but he is the first horse I have really formed a honest, real partnership with, and I’m not quite ready to let go of that. I haven’t even written the ad yet, and as soon as he is rehabbed and ready to go, I have someone penciled in to come look at him. [Me Cry] See, now I’ve made myself cry again. The reality is only just starting to set in. Julie just called me about it yesterday, and I agreed. A boarder in the barn has a student that is looking, and she asked if the student could come take a couple of lessons on Razzle with Julie. I said of course. I haven’t even told Jack yet because I think I was just in denial. One of the other trainers has been asking around to the other boarders about Raz’s personality, so I’m pretty sure she has someone in mind for him as well. I know I should hand over the reins and let her hope on Raz once he is up to speed. She will be a very valuable asset in finding him a good home. At the rate I am going, I’m going to end up having him sold before I get the ad written. POOR BEAU!!!!! Minis are the worst. Those are the one thing that Raz really doesn’t like. He will ride past them, but he gives them THE LOOK!!!! HA!!!

Megan – you are a good friend. Dana is lucky to have you. Adjusting to a new way of life is not easy. It is a big adjustment. Hopefully she and her new husband will get things sorted out.

Holly – Good luck surviving your work week!!!

Well, my mini-Razzle vacation while awaiting his hocks seems to have gone right to my head. Not sure what I was thinking, but I sure didn’t plan this well. I totally forgot that I signed us up for a clinic lottery with Lendon Gray. They are only selecting three names out of a hat (literally), so my chances of being selected are very slim. Probably why I forgot. At any rate, I had sort of but not really arranged trailering. My trailer ride forgot same as I did, and now her mother just had surgery, so she will be out of town on the weekend of the 9th, so I have no ride to the clinic if I get selected. Aside from that, Raz gets his hocks done today, then needs a week of rest, then I have a week to bring him back into work, then it is the clinic. YIKES!!! No way will he be conditioned properly considering he has basically had the last two weeks off also. Soooo, given all of that, I will probably now be selected!!! HA!!! I was jokingly telling Jack about it this morning, and how I would have to politely decline if I do get selected. Well wouldn’t you know, he is ADAMANT that I work my tail off to get Raz back in shape and prepared for the clinic in time, and he would figure out the trailering. Ducky!!! If I get selected, I think I will have to tell Jack I didn’t get selected, and politely decline. No way can I overcome a 3 week lay off to be ready for a MAJOR Lendon Gray clinic in any sort of fashion good enough to make sale worthy impression of Razzle – which is what Jack is thinking about. The lottery results should be posted early next week. Fingers crossed that we do NOT get selected!!!! -

~Shelly~

Boocoo- I hope it helps him...I wasn't there for the accupunture. I got called into work and couldn't get out of it. Being a manager I can't finangle the schedule. oh well. Sounds like you had a nice ride on Beau! How cold is it down there?

Holly- whew busy busy girl! What clnic got cancelled that you were scheduled to ride in? Sorry I forget quite easily... What did the Hubby get you for your bday??

Megan- you are a good friend! Sounds like that is what she needed. Hope things start to look better for her.

Shelly- LOL Ok that's a first....not wanting to get INTO a clinic. But you are right probably a good idea if you didn't go with all the time off he's had. But bummer it would have been a good experience. I've lessoned with Lendon a handful of times. Very knowledgeable and helpful it took me awhile to get over the screaming, but all in all it was a great learning experience.

Ugh selling horses is the worst! I feel for you. I went through the crying and depressed part as well with Remy. Heck I had to be escorted out of the barn when I watched Remy's new owners and trainer lunge him in his new barn b/c I went into a crying breakdown. Make sure he goes to a good home..I have no doubt in my mind you won't. But it is extremely difficult to tell sometimes. Bleh...did I ever tell you what happened to Remy after I sold him? Probably best if I didn't. Good luck w/ making an ad. I didn't even bother doing a picture ad b/c I was dragging my feet about selling him. so secretly I was hoping no one would see the ad online.

Apparently he was a good boy...one of my friend's pulled him out of the stall and held him for his 1st accupunture. She said that he went whatdaheck you aren't my mom. And AH head in the rafters when Sandy started putting needles in him. But he settled down and I guess actually enjoyed it. Sandy saw him come out of his stall and went omg what a cute pony. *rolls eyes* he's such a ham...he just thinks he's cute. She also couldn't believe that he was a slaughter truck rescue. Must be I have a nice though broken pony on my hands. [Razz]

He'll get the day off today and then I'll ride him tomorrow.

Woohoo 2 weeks down 13 weeks left. Can't wait until this semester is over....