Sign in to follow this  
KrazyTBMare

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 19!!

Lauren - I know what you mean about dragging your feet about making an ad so the horse won't sell. I just keep finding excuses to put it off, but it is finally done. I finished it today. So if anyone would care to check out Razzle's Ad and give me a hand with it, I'd appreciate the assistance. I've just read through it too many times to see what I'm missing at this point. Hope that link works!!!

Glad to hear Scotch's acupuncture went well. I'm sure he enjoyed the experience after he got over the intial shock!!

~Shelly~

Holly: Oooh good luck at work this week, hopefully it won't be that bad...yeah it pretty much sucks for her, but they came out of the honeymoon stage pretty quick because they were basically married for like six months before they were actually married...Okay see I need to live in GA because I have a dog that needs neutered and a cat to spay...wanna go on a little working vacation???

Shelly: I talked to Dana again this morning and she said that things were going a lot better between her and Nate. Dana is my best friend and we have been for fourteen years. We've been through a lot of rocky times, but this has been pretty hard, especially for her...well, she is the one who got married...anyway, things are on the upswing...I totally know what you mean about selling. I've really only done it once, but I was so excited to see Lilly go to a good home that I didn't really realize what I had done until I put her on that trailer to leave. I had only had her about five months but we made a lot of progress together and it was hard to see her go. But she's at a good home now with someone who can give her the attention I couldn't. Anyway, good luck with getting Razzie sold, the ad looks great!

Lauren: I try to be a good friend, people skills aren't really one of my strong points. Anyway, things are better for Nate and Dana this morning. Marriage...that's something I'm not gonna delve into for a looong time! Hahaha Scotch sounds like Vegas the first time we did chiropractic on her - she had no idea her body could move that way!

Not too much new here, Vegas and I had an AWESOME lesson Wednesday over fences (Tracy said we get the most improved award) and tonight we have a dressage lesson, so I'm pretty stoked about it actually. Then we'll have a nice relaxing weekend with lots of sleeping!

Shelly, selling a horse as awesome as Raz will be very difficult indeed. I feel your pain! You know why you are doing it though and when you know he is going to a good home, that always helps. Plus thinking about a horse you can move forward on is a good thought.

My thoughts on the ad. Change the Title. I don't care for it reading, 2nd Level Dressage Horse. I would Title it:

FOR SALE: *** RAZ PIZZAZ 1998, Black & White APHA Overo Gelding***

Then your pictures just like you have it and then below the pictures keep it like you have it as I have copied and pasted below, only add after Lil Jo, what I have typed:

Raz Pizzaz 1998, 16.1hh Black & White Overo APHA Gelding By Blue Max, Out of Vandys Lil Jo. Confirmed 2nd level dressage, schooling 3rd level!

Then continue with the rest of your ad just like you have it. Maybe add "Serious Inquries Only" and $10 deposit for videos.

My husband and I have been in Sales and Marketing for many years and we have bought and sold a lot of horses. I used to by youngsters when I was still barrel racing, train them, get them started on barrels and then sell them for a nice profit. After 9-11, the market sort of died and by the time it picked back up I was into dressage!! [big Grin]

Otherwise it looks really good!!

[ 01-25-2008, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

Vegas, you certainly don't want to rush into marriage to soon or to young! But on a positive note, marriage is a wonderful thing and with the right person, very rewarding! It is not supposed to be miserable, you are right about that! [big Grin] My husband and I were older than most people when we got married and maybe that's why it has worked out so well. But for a marriage to work you have to respect each other, know how to communicate and compromise and be best friends! So on that note, take your time!! [big Grin]

shelly: [Me Cry] i'm sad with you... but... you know it'll work out for the best! and... let us know about that clinic. hee hee.

lauren: it was a steve milne clinic. i sat next to him at the aec's and overheard his conversation with his student (and even joined in on a appy bashing! but it was all in good fun and only by the appy owners/riders... so we're allowed) and then karen watched him teach a lesson and we all really liked what he had to say. But... it's all good cause we're rescheduled for feb 17th and i get to do a private dressage and a group jump lesson! whooo hoo. didn't really get anything specific from mike... but i was told i could do some shows... but i had already sent in my entries anyways, so... [Wink] oh well. atleast he can't complain now. hang in there!! you'll be done with school before too long. and glad that scotchy learned to be okay with the needles. my vet drugged fleck cause it was summer and he said they thought they were flies so they'd twitch their muscles and pop the needles out. EGADS! flying needles!!! not good. but fleck probably would have been fine. no worries though. hope it helps scotch.

megan: sure thing!!! just pay for my flight and i'll be there....course at that point... you'd be better off just taking them to the vets [Wink] hee hee. yeah... mike and i had been dating for like 4 years and living together for like...3 and 10 months. oops! it was a test drive! so...no honeymoon period for us except the actual honeymoon. which was awesome! glad things are going better for her. glad you had a great jump lesson and hope your dressage lesson is just as good!

boocoo: oooh, i like your ad adjustments.. you go girl!

anyways.... so guess what!!! tonight was the Ga DCTA (dressage and combined training association) gala for the awards. and fleck and i won 3rd place in adult amateur 1st level schooling shows [smile] we won a big long yellow ribbon [smile] whoo hooo. go us! it was exciting. but next year we plan on winning at the rec. level cause those people got silver plates and a embroidered saddle pad!! yeah... keep my eye on the prize. hee hee. but it was fun. minus the migraine i still have. argh...

but anyways... nothing else exciting to add. hoping to ride tomorrow. oh, and my clinic got rescheduled so cross your fingers for good weather!

have a great night!

holly

Thanks Fleck. The reason it needs to describe the horse a bit in the ad title is it falls flat otherwise. People want to know, breed, age and color first and foremost. Otherwise, they blaze through the pictures too fast trying to find that info. It needs to read easy!!

Hey, how was your awards banquet? Ours was a blast. Very nice place and they did a great job. They had a silent auction and then dinner and awards. I ended up with my placque and schooling show plate with 3 scores over 60, and my USDF/USEF plate for 3 scores over 60 and 4th place, AA Training level for USDF/USEF shows. I got a nice certificate in a frame and a bling, bling bun holder. I thought that was pretty good for only 3 schooling shows and one rated show!!

I hauled Beau in his new ride today. He was blowing and snorting at first cause he didn't like that new trailer smell. It's mostly the rubber mats and yeah, they do stink. But then he settled in and I had an awesome lesson. Started working on shoulder in and my trainer said we were definitely ready now to start challenging Beau some more. He has made great improvement with his feet getting better and better all the time. So all in all, it was a really fun day today!!

Shelly- Boocoo had some good suggestions. Is this an ad you'll be posting around your area?

Are you thinking of doing an online ad? Personally I don't like the first picture...the white rails obsure his movement. Yes its a picture of a lateral movement, but I don't think it does much justice. If I was looking for a dressage horse I want to see all legs and body in movement. It gives an idea on what type he can portray. Though pictures are only pictures and you can always email more, but that is just me. [smile] I do like how you have a walk and face picture.

Megan- People skills aren't everything, but it sounds like you are doing well in your position. Gah yeh me either...and people keep asking me if I got engaged yet. I blackout whenever people bring up the M word. None of that for me for awhile along w/ NO kids! AHHHHH I'm still investigating chiros around here...the lady who did accupunture on Scotch does Iron Spring Farms horses! So she's got to be good! That's great you had such a good lesson!! YAY! What confidence booster that must be!

Holly- Congrats on your ribbon!! I bet its pretty. Sounds like his clinic will be fun and a great experience. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have good weather for it! LoL you had to ace him. LMAO I wouldn't want flying needles either! AHHHH! Hey how far from Aiken are you?

Boocoo- congrats on your ribbon/plates and goodies too!! I'm thinking I should become a member at our local dressage/event organization. Now that I'm settled down around this area. Silly Beau, but I bet he looks very handsome in that shiny trailer!

Ok so I haven't had time or energy to go ride. Scotch had the day off on Friday due to accupunture and last night I was so beat from running around work yesterday that I went home and fell asleep. Was supposed to go out, but I really did not want to at all. I was grumpy, exhausted, and ya know its that time of the month stuff. Then Jermey calls me and he sounded so upset when I answered the phone. Come to find out one of his friends passed away that morning. [Frown] His friend was 25 and died of cancer. It was very very sad. So we didn't go out but I just met him at his house and did the comforting bit.

But I'm heading out to ride my ponyboy in a few minutes. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Boocoo: Oh I totally hear ya on the not rushing into marriage thing!! I come from a looong line of Mormon heritage on both sides of my family, and needless to say marriage and family is something that we take very seriously. And while I am very faithful to my church, there is nothing in our doctrine that says marriage must occur by age 20 and 7 kids by 30. It's important and it's encouraged, but on our own timeline. I don't think I'll be getting married for a long time...That's so funny about Beau and the trailer! Vegas did the same thing when we got our new trailer a couple years ago - she was like whatdaheck it's gonna eat me!

Holly: Hahaha, taken care of - my dad owns his dental practice, so he has to buy A LOT of stuff for it and he puts it all on one credit card that gives him flyer miles rewards, so we have a lot of plane tickets lying on our hands - of course, with a ball and chain (coughvegascough) keeping me here I never really go anywhere...we took them into the clinic for their presurgical exam and they're bot scheduled for Tuesday...Hee hee, yeah maybe Nate and Dana needed more of a test drive before they got married, but it's al working out for them. That's so freaking awesome that you and Fleck got third!!! You guys are totally gonna kick butt this summer!

Lauren: Yeah like I told Boocoo, marriage is a long way off for me and kids even more so, and most likely only by adoption - too many women in my family have pregnancy problems for me to want to do that! Oooh if she does ISF she most certainly has to be good! My chiro isn't really a chiro, he's an equine sports massage therapist, which is basically the same thing but a little less direct manipulation. It took me a long time to find him...when I was at Wilson I couldn't find a chiropractor for the life of me. Our dresage lesson was really good too - it is really boosting for Tracy to have that confidence in me - she's really getting me ready for first level this summer too!

Not much new here, the weekend's almost over, which is pretty sad, but it snowed a little last night so there was no church service and the ponies are just chillin in their stalls enjoying the day off. I might get Macy out and groom her and play with her a little. She's settled in really well and she's such a good baby! She doesn't even mind it when I hang off her back and wave stuff all around her body! Her ground manners need a little refreshment, but she is only two - I just want her to grow so I can ride her! I really should be doing some homework too, I have a math quiz tuesday along with a geography midterm. Then my math and animal science midterms are coming up very soon...I guess I'll get around to it sometime, once I stop procrastinating...tomorrow...

Shelly - Hehe, guess I better start preparing Lightning for the big swim. Tomorrow we'll start getting over our fear of puddles [big Grin] Awww man, it's finally happening, at least you know Raz will find a good home, and if it's someone in the barn you'd know where he was going. [Huggy] Hehehe I'll cross everything that you don't get chosen for the clinic!

Megan - ahahaha Vegas looks thrilled with her birthday attire! ahahaha. I hope your friend gets herself sorted out and feels better [Angel] . She's lucky to have you to be a sounding board too! Yay for great lessons!!

Lauren - Aww hehehe, I'm glad Scotch enjoyed his pampering, and the acupuncturist enjoyed him LOL. Aww, that's so sad, poor Jeremy and his friend's family. Losing someone is always sad, but to lose someone so young...

Tag - Yay! What a good boy after 5 months!

Shantel - Aww pretty Layla!

Holly - Yeah! Ice cream cake! I have an ice cream cake every year [big Grin] Haha I love that name Pekinese.. yeah I'm weird. Yay! That's awesome you got 3rd!

Boocoo - What a silly boy Beau is, snorting at his new ride.

I started my new job this week. I don't know about it though, everyone is very outgoing there, and I'm quiet, I don't know if I fit in too well, but we'll see how it goes.

Interesting times at our little place. Horses pulling shoes and being lame, and hurting them selves, luckily not Lightning. The vet that came to deal with the new horse after he cut himself under his tail and was gushing blood, asked how Lightning was going???? LOL, obviously he made some impression last time he went to visit -3 months ago.. or maybe that was the vet that came out when he first went lame, I don't even know, but she asked about him [Crazy]

Ummm I rode on Saturday and he was fabulous. Rode on Sunday and he was all wound up, so I don't know what they were doing in the paddock before I got there, probably hooning around, he was on edge. He kept jumping at the horse's sneezing and things like that, silly boy. Lesson on Tuesday, then my birthday on Wednesday, ahhh the big 18... I guess that means I should start acting like an adult now.... hmmm maybe not. [Razz]

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Lauren, good suggestions on the pictures for Shelly's ad. Sorry to hear about Jeremy's friend! [Angel]

Vegas, you will be just fine then. I am not even worried about you girl! [Huggy]

Lightning, just hang in there with the new job. Those people have known each other a little longer, so are probably very comfortable with each other. You will be to, soon enough. And if your quiet, that's fine. It takes all types of personalities to make the world go round!!

I got out to the barn today and the BO was getting ready to ride to a Betsy Steiner tape. Soft music in the background while she talks you through your position from your head to your toes at the walk, rising trot, sitting trot and canter. It was really good and very helpful. We rode through it together! It was fun and made for a good ride. I hung my placque and certificate on the wall next to my bulletin board full of ribbons in my office. Looks good!! [Wink]

Quick check in before I head to work... sounds weird saying that [Cool]

Went to have my lesson yesterday, got on and took a few steps. Seems Lightning needs his hocks done again, so that was a non-event. Not much else happening here....

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

WHAT WERE YOU PEOPLE DOING??? All I asked was for one simple little favor . . . cross your fingers that I DIDN’T win the Lendon Gray Clinic lottery. Soooooo . . . what?? Were you all TYPING or something?? HA!!! Yup, of course, of the probably 100+ applications they got, and only THREE NAMES they pulled out of a hat, OF COURSE, I won the lottery. Figures. Well . . . I’ve brought him back faster from a lot worse before. He is in great shape. I’ve just done light hacking for two weeks, then given him the last week off for hock injections. He was supposed to get his first light hack today, then back to normal work tomorrow, but after I got the call last night, I bumped him up a day. I have an ultra conservative vet – most don’t give a FULL WEEK off, so bumping up a day isn’t a huge deal. I gave him a light hack last night, and he felt fantastic. I left a note asking Julie to ride him today. Since I am out of town this weekend, I am juggling to try to find someone to ride him either Friday or Saturday, and we will come back a little early so I can ride him Sunday. Then a little extra without killing him next week, and we’ll be good to go for the clinic at 11 AM on Saturday – though I won’t get a lesson in unless I take a day off of work next week to get a mid-week lesson in . . . probably won’t do that. I’m good . . . I think!!! *sigh* Why is this always the way??? Still waiting on a call back from a friend to find out if she can trailer me, if not, Jack will juggle his work schedule, and I will borrow a trailer. We can do this. Still have to talk to Julie and see what she has to say!!

~Shelly~

Awww Shelly.. you have all the luck.

My vet says 4 days off and by day 7, back to normal work. So Im sure you guys will be fine!

At work.. crazy busy. Be back later to catch up!

Oh dang Shelly, you meant cross your fingers that you DIDN'T get drawn?!?!?! My bad...I thought you enjoyed freaking out over whether your horse would be sound and in shape and whether you would be up to par for one of the greatest clinicians in the world...can I get a do-over? [big Grin]

howdy!

mckenzie: how's it going with indy? any news yet?

shelly: awwww man. we tried. atleast I did [smile] but you'll have fun anyways [smile] can't wait to hear how it goes.

sorry... i suck lately at this...

anyways... i remember a few things....layla's looking great, glad the lessons are going well lightning... and i think that's all i can remember...megan is doing fine right?!

anyways... had a great ride today! got it in before the storm. fleck was a very good boy. I think we even got nice SI and we SORTA get renvers.. .atleast the idea behind it [smile] whoo hoo. he was a good boy.

and i rode to music and found our song for our freestyle i think!!! it's soooo fleck. we rode to "fishing in the dark" by the nitty gritty band. you should listen to it. it works pretty well. just gotta figure out how to edit it so that i can fit a ride into it. but yay!

anyways... better go put their clothes on before the storm!

holly

Well Luv, how did it all end up?

Shelly, sorry you got picked for the clinic. I think that's the first time I ever told someone that!! He he. And how did you like the changes we made to your ad? Maybe you could take some flyers to the clinic, eh?

Just got home from a freezing my fanny off ride. The wind is atrocious today. But it was sunny and since

2/3rds of the arena is enclosed, I stayed down on that end and just worked 20m circles. That way I wasn't eating dust! Then I did some shoulder in at the walk and started working on it at the trot. It went quite well.

I am off to bed. It's been a long week!!

Boocoo, Lauren & everyone else that suggested changes to the ad - Thanks for all the help with the ad. I have all the suggestions in hand, and will try to get together with Julie as soon as possible so that she can look over what I put together, all of your suggestions, and a whole slew of photos and make the FINAL decision on what the ad will look like. I think everyone had very valuable input, and I now am ready to take to to Julie to make the last edits. Yes, Boocoo, I do plan to have it finalized and printed out in color prior to the clinic so that I can hand out some flyers at the clinic. Hopefully Raz will make me proud and advertise himself while we are there!!! Lauren, I do plan to hand out flyers locally as well as advertise on line, so the text of the ad as well as photo choice is important as I will use the photos in the on line ad as well as the text of the ad, but the layout will be dictated by the classified server that I list him on. Who knows, perhaps he will sell before I even get him listed. What a sad day that will be.

McKenzie - ???? What's going on??? [Confused]

~Shelly~

okay.. GO ME!!!

i got sooo much accomplished today...some with the help of codeine!

so.. this am i got up, finished thank yous, took out the trash, cleaned stalls, picked up one wheelbarrow load of horse poop, did some stuff for work. then i drug (or is it dragged??) the arena, picked up two bucketfulls of rocks, rode... and had a GREAT ride, then i came in, cleaned the bedroom up, and then showered and mike and i went to dinner. Then when i came home my tooth started hurting really really bad again (it's been doing it all day, and i've been popping advil and alleve and ibuprofen to try to get it to go away), so it hurt REALLY bad so i went and looked for more drugs and came across some Codeine! SCORE!! so i took some of that. well, once it kicked in, i got motivated to finish cleaning the house. Mike's parents are coming to take us to dinner tomorrow for our birthdays. and...bringing us their old dishwasher! whoo hooo. now i can get rid of my crappy old one. so yeah... i dusted the whole house, swept the whole house, swiffered, picked up and put away all my "piles".. i'm a pile maker.. if there's a flat surface, i've got some sort of crap piled on it! and then what else...oh caught up laundry, did the dishes, and... seems like a lot more, but trust me the house looks good!!! the only thing left is the bathroom, but... codeines' wearing off and it's now almost 3 am and i have a dentist appt at 10:30, so... best be off to bed.

which... shantel! it REALLY hurts.. they said that i was clenching my teeth and bruised a nerve, but... ibuprofen isn't really doing much and the whole side of my face hurts... i can feel a dull ache but then really strong pain all on the upper and lower jaw, up through my face bones and even up past my eye.. my neck is also sore.. and it's a throbbing pulsing pain too. the bite splint worked last time but now it feels like it's pinching that one bad tooth so it makes it worse! so... i'm going tomorrow to see if they can adjust it and make sure there is nothing else going on, but Good grief!! can clenching your jaw at night really cause that much pain? that would last ALL day long? it just seems weird.. i've never had this problem before and it seems like i've clenched my teeth all my life. course... i think that atupid gold crown has screwed me up somehow. argh...

anyways... thanks for letting me vent. it just really hurt...like bad enough to make me want to cry for my mommy.

anyways... hope the ibuprofen kicks in again.. it's starting to already...ahhh. now if i can just make that last bit of codeine last until i get it squared away!

hope all is well in everyone else's land [smile]

goodnight!

Megan- ugh I hear ya! Super 1st level! ya know I met someone the other day that is a coach at Wilson. Of course I can't remember her name for the life of me. There is a guy named Carlos something something that supposedly is quite good, but is very expensive! UGH. Sounds like Macy is doing well!

LTS- yeh it was really hard for him, but his friend Kyle was even worse...people actually had to stay with him for a night or two. He was devastated. Keep us updated on your job..what are you doing? OMG HAPPY BELATED 18th! BIRTHDAY! I wish I could find a cool icon! How long has it been since Lightning got his hocks injected?

Boocoo-thanks. It was a sad week. ooo I'm thinking I would like to ride to a Betsy Steiner tape. sounds like a good ride...Wait aren't you in TX??? Why is it cold?

Shelly- LMAO! you got in! Oh man what are the chances! Congrats! You'll do great! When you do the online ad, make sure in the title you do put dressage in it. When I had Remy up on he internet that's how I got a lot of attention. It was more like Fabulous/Winning Event and Dressage..or it was something like that...but something that will grab the attention of people who are looking for that particular discpline or whatnot.

Holly- holy woman! You went on a cleaning frenzy maybe I need to take some codeine to get me motivated! haha. Awh I'm sorry that it hurts so much..BLEH. I had a root canal done a day before a big 2 day dressage show. LOL I wasn't allowed to ride the first day, but the next day I was all high on vicodin (sp?) and competed. It actually was quite funny as i was supposedly laughing randomly out loud throughout my test. Hope the dentist can fix you up. that's super you've had some great rides!! YAY! Hmm Fishing in the Dark...never heard of...

Umm lets see...Scotch has been doing well. Pretty sound...and he's not hopping into his upward transistion like he used to a few weeks ago! YAY. So I think it was a strength issue. And we are still working on that. Though he was having problems on his right lead canter ie picking up the wrong lead. Though I'm hoping it wasn't b/c he's in pain but more b/c he was popping his shoulder and I was probably overbending instead of getting him into the outside rein and staying straight. As he picked up the wrong lead a few times I did went to the trot and did some counterbending and spiraling in. Then moving his shoulders around on a square. Went back to the canter and he picked up the correct lead. He also gets a massage today. Oh and his accupunture this was my first time ever reading the chart...so I was like wha? So hopefully I can find someone to tell me whatdaheck she was talking about. LoL

Ok time to get around...was going to ride this AM buts it nasty icy out...but I still have to go to work. Might go to the barn after work though...depending on how late I get out of work at...

Have a great day!

Holly, yes clenching can cause all sorts of problems. I clench/chew at night.. it hasnt been too bad but lately its gotten pretty bad. I get these sharp pains up the side of my face, near my ear, and I get tension headaches, all my upper back left teeth are super sensitive to pressure and cold/hot and my jaw pops like crazy.

Did they make you a Night Guard? I would look to see if they can have a lab make you a night guard shown at the top of this page:

http://www.yourdentistisyourartist.com/TMJ...ss,implant..htm

Also read the little part about clenching and its effects. I would also ask to see if they can make you a hard acrylic night guard b/c if you are clenching as much as you sound like, you will chew through a soft one in no time.

Are there any fillings or crowns back there? You could be fracturing teeth or traumatizing a tooth that has a filling/crown on it, causing it to be aggravated. Did they check your bite and adjust it to see if that would help?

Also, try to figure out whats going on to cause you to stress so much right now... is it work? Finances? The whole deal with getting the arena done? Theres something going on that your body is reacting to that you might even think isnt that big of a deal. I know that I started clenching/chewing a LOT when Layla started tripping and I had to take her to the vet and that put a strain on me financially. So now I wake up with chew marks on the side of my tongue and my cheeks. But I mainly chew on the left side.. the way my bite is.. I hit heavier on the left than right which is why my left side is more aggravated.

Good luck with that!

I just got back from the Schulzbacher Center, which helps people and childred in the community who live at or well below the poverty level. They have an actual dental clinic and dentist and their assistants came down today to volunteer to do free dentistry for the children. It was nice. The kids even got an original football, signed by all the players of the Jaguars! And a bunch of other stuff. It was cool. This one little black boy, he was like 14, I told him he had to get a filling and hes like I have to get a shot?! and I told him yes but it wouldnt hurt. And he grabbed my hand and SQUEEZED... I thought he was going to break my hand. And then Dr finished giving it and I said, Youre done, and hes like I got a shot?!? I didnt even feel it! LOL It was so funny.

Crappy day outside.... overcast, sprinkling, but at least its not hot or cold. About 66 degrees.

Holly, also WTG on the 3rd place!!! I bet that was a great feeling! Im hoping that after the hock injections and the Adequan that we can make our 1st level debut this year.

Boo, sounds like your awards was a great night too. I think this year Im going to join my assoc. b/c last year I qualified for Training Level AA and had more than enough scores for an award.. but I wasnt a member. And thats so funny how Beau wasnt keen on the new trailer. Did he christen it with smelly poops?

3Day, thats so sad about Jeremys friend. And so young! [Frown] Hope you get to ride soon though.

Vegas, I love your new little filly. We def need more photos.

LST, Happy Birthday! And those silly ponies.. I dont know what gets into them. So Jekyl and Hyde with their attitudes sometimes huh?

Boo, that sounds like a good idea. I might look into that tape and see how it is!

Holly, we must see sneak previews of you and Fleck riding to Fishin in the Dark... love that song BTW.

3Day, glad Scotch is going better now. I really want to try accupuncture. Do you see good results?

Theres my catch ups.

So yesterday Sarah wanted me to help her.. lunge Ben. If any of you remember, hes the one you cant lunge. He will drag you around. He weighs 1225lbs, at least in Nov when he was weighed on the digital scale, and he knows it. He will be going fine and then GALLOP and off he goes. Or he does the spin and run thing.

So Sarahs aunt trains gaited horses down in Ocala. She works with TWH and SSH (spotted saddles) like Ben. So she came up last weekend and helped with him and also suggested trying to lunge him in a rope halter b/c it has more pressure points to work on. Well we have a Be Nice halter which is similar to a rope halter but it is one piece of rope that will tighten if they pull and apply pressure on their poll. So we put that on him and the surcingle as I decided if Im going to lunge him, Im going to long line him so I can have 2 reins to help keep him from running off with me.

Well it worked. He went to take off, hit the lines, pressure applied to his poll, he stopped dead in his tracks. Also, by having the lines ran through the surcingle, I had leverage to pull him around into a circle. He did great. We were even able to do figure 8s and change directions and "drive" him at the walk. Trotting was good. Only got like 3 steps of canter and he would try to take off so we ended on a good note.

Going to maybe ride Layla today or just lunge her.. not sure. And then hopefully some time this weekend go over to my friend Jills in the equestrian community and ride in her dressage ring. [smile]

Off to go play in the barn.

oh my gosh LIGHTNING!!! HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY!!!! [Yay][Yay]

i'm sorry... i totally forgot... hope it was fantastic!!!

glad to hear things are going well with everyone. this is gonna be another crappy catch up [Wink]

lauren: awesome that scotch is doing better. i bet the chiro adn acupuncture will help. also massage. fleck had a knot in his flank that the chiro and acupuncture didn't help, but one deep massage and he's no longer touchy or sore there! it's amazing!

shantel: thanks.. they did make me a bit guard.. a hard one. and it worked. but then i quit wearing it cause i thought it was a temporary thing with the new job. well.... now i know that i need to wear it all the time. just got back from the dentist and he still thinks it's from clenching and made me promise to wear it every night. so... i will. i just didn't realize it could cause THAT much pain. i must have pit bull jaws! and it's all on my right side. so cool. thanks for making me feel better. i was just worried that there was something else going on to cause that much pain. but i'm a wimp... and they took another x-ray today and nothing, so.... oh well. but it does feel tons better today. only 1 ibuprofen this am so far [Wink] thanks.

hmmmm. think that's all i remember. may not ride today. it's cold with the gusty wind. and i've got a jump lesson tomorrow and then a dressage lesson monday and OOOOH, a XC jump sunday. we're gonna be busy. but it's supposed to be 60 degrees this weekend. nice huh!!!

anyways... have a great weekend everyone!!

holly

Shelly, no doubt Raz will sell himself at the clinic. It will be very sad indeed, but you will be fine, he will go to a great home and you will be able to get a horse that can take you further in your dressage career.

Lauren, it can get quite cold in Texas. We don't get snow very often, but we get ice on occasion. Last year we were iced in for 3 days!! [Eek!] Lately we have had a lot of rain and then when the cold fronts blow through the wind picks up. It's that bone chilling kind of wind that makes the temps near freezing! I can handle cold temps if the wind isn't blowing! It is supposed to be nice this weekend though, sunny and near 70. That's more like it I say! [big Grin]

Not much else going on. Did not ride today. Came home from work and hubby got home early. So we all went together to our sons fencing class, then to TGIF's for dinner, then shopping for Tennis shoes for the guys and I had to get some cute Sketchers. Then I found this great vest to wear when I ride, so I don't have to have a jacket on, on those days that you need a little something, but a jacket is too much! Hitting the hay soon, then will go ride tomorrow!

Okay first off, I just have to laugh a little at your weather Shantel - Overcast and sprinkly is a GOOD weather day for us! Hahaha, that's the difference between Oregon and Florida! That's great about Ben...spotted horses - Logan is the same way.

Holly: My dad preaches all the time about how bad clenching can be for your whole head. So yeah, use your night guard and de-stress! Hahahaha!! When I go on any drugs, I get wicked crazy reactions - that's so funny though that you turned into the cleaning machine, maybe I need to get me some codeine...hmmmm Dad...my tooth...it hurts *shiftyeyes*...but what I love most is how you're your own personal cheerleader! Not only that, you're the entire dressage board cheerleader - GO HOLLY!!!

Lauren: Well, there's Emily, Billie, Ellen, Judy, Barbara, Anette...those are all the main instructors, but there are a few team coaches that come in and out...Carlos - never heard of him. Yay Scotchpony being sound, don't you love it when you finally beat that obstacle?? Knock on wood lucky rabbit's foot four leaf clover...

Lightning: WELCOME TO BEING AN ADULT!!!! Nothing changes except now you can manage your own finances and legally be sued...but hope you had a good one anyway! And congrats on the job - I need one of those...

Well, another PC ride today, and it was pretty good. The instructor had a different training philosophy - just like Tracy, she wanted to stop Vegas from running so much, but rather than how Tracy sends her forward into contact to balance her and lots of half halts, this trainer was more of a sloooow down and sit down, which is not necessarily wrong, just different...so I think it was good for Vegas to learn that she can go slower with energy and impulsion, but it really was not a first level trot, more of a low training level, but not bad considering we were in a place Vegas had never been and it was RAINING AND BLOWING!!!...and the arena only had two sides, so it was still good and we worked on my equitation a lot and getting her to stretch down more over her back...all stuff I do with Tracy, just in different ways, and she showed me some things that I can use...it's just a little frustrating right now because I'm still unrated so they think that I'm still a beginner. I know I'm not advanced, but I do know the basics! But my club leaders are great and they're helping me speed through my ratings so hopefully by the end of spring I'll have my C2 and then I can work on my C3 this summer.

Dana found someone who's interested in Logan, and if all goes well he goes on trial next weekend. That's great for Dana, but Vegas is gonna be heartbroken [Me Cry]

In other news, I think I have figured out my future, figuring that I haven't really figured anything. Yes, that's utterly confusing, but let me explain: Dana said it best when she said that I have a major complex about having to know exactly what I'm going to do with the rest of my life right now, and she's right. I've always had a plan, even if it changed every two weeks, but nevertheless, I knew. So, when I came home and realized that I didn't have a clue what I was going to do with my life, I freaked out! So for several weeks I have been in this freakout, and then I realized something - it's okay for me to not care that I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life. And then once I figured that out, a short term plan came into view - I'm going to finish my degree, completing as many pre-vet courses as I can without killing myself, and then I'm going to do whatever I want to do for as long as I want to. I don't know what that entails, but I do know that I want to travel some...put Vegas in the trailer and spend a few months in places like Colorado, California, Vermont, Maryland, Wisconsin, maybe see a few friends in Massachusetts and Georgia and Texas and Florida...just go there and find work and basically live like a vagabond as much as I can with a ball and chain that has four legs...I even have a crazy urge to spend some time in Alaska! when I feel ready I'll look for a serious working student position or consider going back to vet school. I just don't want to be stuck in the rest of my life by the time I'm 25 - I want to enjoy my twenties while they're still here and see and experience life in all these different ways. Call me crazy, but it's actually very liberating to not have a plan!

Vegas, I like your plan. Just relax and enjoy life and remember to take it one day at a time.

Nothing new here. Went and rode Beau yesterday. He was very good, then went and rode our bikes for several miles on some bike paths around the lake, then to Panera Bread for a scrumptious bowl of French Onion Soup. Getting ready to head to the barn soon and haul Beau for a lesson!

GIMME A D, GIMME A R, GIMME A E, GIMME A S, GIMME A S, GIMME A A, GIMME A G, GIMME A E!! WHAT'S THAT SPELL??/ HOpefully dressage [Wink] hee hee.

megan: you crack me! i am my own personal cheerleader. hee hee. you'll laugh when you go read my post on the eventing page. hee hee. i'm such a geek! anyways... yeah.. it's amazing how that tooth is so sore. and... it's just the tooth with the gold crown. maybe it's cause the gold is softer or something. but... i bet i have some gingivitis too. i can't even bite down on that side today, though no more sharp shooting pains. gonna gargle some salt water and see if it helps. hee hee. and i did take more codeine last night, but no cleaning frenzy. and i took it early enough that i was actually able to sleep! whoo hoo. that's great about the PC. i always wanted to do that. they do have an "old people's riding club" which is similar to pony club. i should join [smile] hee hee. especially now that i'm 30!! [Wink] but that's cool. sometimes just hearing it a different way makes it click. just stick true to your training and don't do something if you know vegas won't like it. course... trying new stuff once is never a bad idea (well, maybe... but you get my point) cause it may work. but you'll know what to try and what not to try. glad it's fun. hee hee. so your freak-out! you're goofy! first you panic cause you don't have a plan... now you're turning into a roaming, wandering vagabond! hee hee. GO VAGABOND!!!! Gimme a V... okay... i'll stop [smile] but... if you're travels bring you to good ol' georgia, you must stop by and see me! anyways... i like your plan. and...sometimes being stuck in your life by 25 isn't such a bad thing! i was stuck in mine and i gotta say... i pretty much love it [smile] course, i'm lucky. but you have plenty of time! enjoy your freedom!

boocoo: oooh, i love riding in vests. and it makes it easier for your instructors to yell at you to bend your elbows (ahem...read that as MY instructors!). and they do keep you warm. oooh, i love love love french onion soup. only mike makes fun of me cause i don't eat the bread... or the onions. i just like the broth! yeah.. i'm a food freak... and a freak in general. glad you had a good ride. enjoying your trailer still i bet! poor fleck got hauled to my old barn to jump yesterday, hauled to go XC today, will haul for a dressage lesson tomorrow, and then i might haul to the horse park for a "break" and trail ride [Wink]

Mckenzie: good luck! both my horses were easy. roany was a "school horse" if you could call it that. and fleck..well, he was my trainers and i stole him. no shopping around for me. though i wil admit. i thought it would be fun, but i can see how it could be very frustrating. could you ride nugget again? saw his name pop up elsewhere and linked to his pics. he's just such a studdy boy!

anyways... so i'm going to continue to cheer myself on [smile] fleck and i went XC schooling today and he was totally awesome! check out my link on the eventing board. i'll just leave you all with this one pic to prove i don't smile in EVERY shot! i was quite terrified! but good boy fleck carried me through.

-

hee hee. there's more too sadly!

hope all is well and everyone had a great weekend. i sure did!

Shantel- I really didn't see much improvement...but then again Scotch was TIGHT and a bit upset through the entire process. So i think that may be a reason why there wasn't a much as a difference. I wasn't there to hold him so he had strangers. He's going to get done in another 3-4 weeks...but it is probably a good thing to look into. Cool I always wanted to longe line! I think I might try to get a few lessons with my trainer in the near future. Your pics in the one thread of that mare are nice! very cute!

Holly- great pics btw! the drops look like soooooo much fun. UGH I want to go XC!!! I have to look for a chiro for Scotch...He had a massage on Friday and I rode him Saturday and he was the most sound I've seen him in awhile!! w/out drugs!! Very cool!

Megan- Yeh I can't remember her name...hmmmm! Ugh yeh I'll still need all the luck I can get!! AHHH No worries about the PC...I'm not rated yet either. Don't you have to start from D-1 though? I was too hoping I could skip right to the C-level but it seems you can't?

Just take each day as it comes...I wish I could go and do another WS position, but sadly I'm in the big world now and am paying for just about everything. LOL

Boocoo- BRRR it can get cold! Ooo 70's very ice! Sounds like you guys had a good bike ride! YUM panera bread.....I love their bagels. MMMMM

McKenzie- what happened?? good luck though

Work yesterday was NUTS!! holy batman I can't believe how many people where buying seafood...actually I can b/c it was Superbowl weekend, but jeebas! Anyways after worked when and rode my ponyboy. We went out for a little walk...welll it consisted of him piaffing and passaging the entire way. All the horses have been in for 2 days b/c of this whacked out weather PA is having...UGH. But anyways I decided to ride him in the outdoor since it looked like decent enough footing. And he was SUPER. He was quite sound and through. But then again he was very forward which was nice. None of that sticky stride. Rode him today and he was still quite sound! YAY! His canter transistions today where right off my aid but it was a bit funny b/c he'd go right into it be nice for a stride or so then go YEE HAW and throw in a buck and squeal. LoL Got his Adequan shot today. Cleaned all of my tack (yes all including my jump saddle and all 3 of my bridles!) and tomorrow I have a lesson w/ Audrey! Keep your fingers crossed that he stays sound!

Ohh what did everything think of them Giants????

Holly, you are a brave sole. I would never have made an eventer. That looks terrifying to me! [big Grin] How did I ever run barrels at 100 mph you ask? Ha ha. I have not had the opportunity to use my vest yet. It is too warm right now. In my lesson yesterday I was in a t-shirt and today was 80 degrees! I had some folks at the barn yesterday, that are brand new horse owners, ask me if butt sweat was ok. I said yes, it's warm, the horses have a lot of hair and they will generate what is called butt sweat. My trainer says, if she doesn't make our horses have butt sweat in a lesson, our lesson is free! [ROTFL] I actually only got one free lesson and that was because Beau wouldn't work at all one time last summer when we were having such struggles.

Panera Bread has the best french onion soup in the world. I am telling you! Nobody else's tastes anything like it. It is to die for. So is there bread and bagels! Yum, yum!

Lauren, your weather is whacked out. Ours goes from cold to hot, cold to hot. It's crazy too! As for those Giants? I don't even know who they played in the SB? Was it the Patriots? Tells ya how clueless I am when it comes to football.

Got out to the barn to ride tonight and Beau had pulled a shoe. Called the shoer and he can come by tomorrow and put it back on. I even found it out in the pasture. Looks like he just stepped on it and torked it off! Silly boy.

[ 02-04-2008, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

boocoo: hee hee. okay... see we were talking about how it was really warm these past few days and then you go talking about butt sweat! i swear, for like a whole minute i was thinking you meant human butt sweat! hee hee. [ROTFL] gross, but you know it happens!!! and shows up in breeches! hee hee. anyways... yeah, took me a minute to realize you were talking about the horsey butt sweat/foam. fleck tends to not foam up much back there.. nor does he drool/foam at the mouth much??? i always wondered if that meant he wasn't truly working...or he's just not a "wet" horse. but anyways... thanks for giving me a good giggle. and yeah...LOVE that soup! bummer about your shoe. atleast it'll get put back on soon and you can ride again soon.

i had a great dressage lesson. actually...maybe fleck did get a little bit of butt sweat [smile] . we worked on the lengthen/collect on a circle at the trot and canter. 6 strides of each. not 7, then maybe 8, then maybe 5, it was SIX, six, SIX, six... so it was good. fleck was working hard. we also did some more leg yield stuff and worked on really getting him INTO that left rein which he hates to go into. much happier to just hang on that right one. so it was a good lesson. But my poor boy... he's wondering what hit him!! after all this cold yucky weather, this week was nice, so... thursday i rode dressage for about an hour plus at home. then friday it poured (all over my digital camera, but.. i got a new one today! more later!), so no riding, then saturday we hauled to my old barn to jump... which at some point i'll have pics. then sunday we hauled to a farm to school XC, then today... he decided a third time in the trailer was not such a hot idea and we played chase for awhile. Then we went for my dressage lesson. and he was really trying and was doing well, but by the end of our hour... he was tired. so we let him be done and then took him home. Tomorrow... i was sorta thinking about hauling to the horse park for a trail ride and a gallop, but honestly... i think he'd just prefer if i fed him and left him alone. so i'm thinking maybe a massage and MAYBE i'll reclip him. but no riding... and definately no trailer! but then that leaves wed... do i do dressage at home or haul to trail ride? i suppose it doesn't matter. i'll hopefully be able to ride friday and sunday and then back again more during my next off week. cause in two weekends it's dressage show and in four weekend our HT. which.. now i'm more worried about all the exotic animals. apparently they have peacocks and buffalo, and zebras.. and the peacocks like to fly around. HOLY MOLY fleck's gonna crap himself if they come near him!!! what am i going to do?! but yeah... it'll be interesting. so whoo hoo. what else...oh, since i was a dork and left my camera out... i used my bday money to buy a new one. i had three $25 gift cards to target and then mike's mom gave me a check for $75 so i got a nice camera for $150. it's not the $600 one i wanted, but you know.. it works [smile] and it's pretty much my old camera but smaller, thinner, more pixels, and quicker picture taking time. my other one was so slow you had to take the picture when the horse was in the last stride before jumping to get it over the jump. this one's actually pretty quick. so i'm excited [smile]

so....you'll get more pics eventually again. maybe not this week since it's my on week starting wed. but eventually!

anyways... sorry i'm rambling. i'm just trying to stay up a little later tonight to get back into the overnight groove.

have a fantastic day/night etc.

holly