Sign in to follow this  
FleckenAwesome

Snow in GA!!!! AGAIN!!!!

whoo hooo. it's snowing!!! a first in georgia in about 6 years i think. and... not a huge amount, but.. i had to take pics!

it was getting dark though. so hopefully it'll keep snowing all night and in the morning i'll have more pics!

-

this was fleck's reaction when it first starting

falling on him. hee hee.

-

seeing the flakes as they first started to fall

-

-

whoo hooo for snow in ga!

[ 01-19-2008, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: FleckenAwesome ]

I figured it would snow up there considering the rain we are getting. BLAH. Its supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow. There goes my round bale!

I love Flecks face! Hes like Did you see sumthin?? Doh!

Where in GA are you exactly? I have to ask my aunt if she got any.. shes right near Poplar Place (like 20 mins).

LOL from your Canadian friend.

Actually you need to lose the snow we are heading for Florida in 3 weeks to get away from the stuff. Nobody wants to drive through a state where it's snowing but nobody who lives there has snow tires! Not to mention the lack of salt on the roads, scary stuff.

I am glad you and your horses are enjoying the snow while it lasts.

[ 01-18-2008, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: pnyxprss ]

That is funny, we are relocating from northern Illinois, and taking over a stable in Alexis N.C. so we hope that we have not jinxed the south-east cause we are so ready to get away from it. Wind chill here tonight is suppose to get 35-50 below.

HOLYMOLY!!!! that's freakin insanely cold!! i'm such a wimp. i think i would really just freeze to death!

that's very cool that you are going to NC! i'm sooooo seriously thinking about moving to north or south carolina sometime in the next few years. but i have to find an emergency clinic to work at too!

good luck with the new barn. and keep that cold snow with you!!! but... do bring the rain! just on my days that i'm working... not my days off [Wink]

holy moly, it's snowing again!!!

this is the second time in AGES!!!!! i don't remember the last snow fall we had... maybe back in 96.... though we did have ice about 8 years ago...

it's pretty! really coming down in huge fat flakes and it's trying to stick... though this am it was raining so we'll see.

i'll have more pics!!!

argh... okay, so because of the rain this am, nothing is sticking and while it's been flurrying all day (lots at some times) and it's pretty... it's WET and MUSHY and it's gonna get way below freezing tonight, which means everything will be solid ice...which means no riding... i could have ridden in the snow, but not in the ice.

drats!!!! and windchills in the low double digits!!! that's VERY COLD for us thin blooded people and ponies!!!

argh... i just want to ride on my week off!!!

okay.. i'll quit whining... i think [Wink]

it was pretty though!

okay, since i whined... i feel compelled to cheer back up, go back to hollyland full of happyness. and to do that... i have to share a cute pic of the snow!

one more... i know, it's still NOT SNOW! but...

-

but you can sorta see the amount of flurries right?!

okay... i know... tag definately has us beat! i'm jealous [smile]

I am glad you have cheered up but bummed that you won't be able to ride on your week off. I have a friend who is in a wheelchair after riding on the ice and having her horse fall over on her. So do be careful. I think your picture is really cute.

I don't think I like Atlanta anymore. They got snow and it stuck! It just snowed pretty well for 2 hours and none of it stuck here in Athens. grrrr. and now i'm stuck at home b/c its all freezing on the roads and lord knows us southerners can't drive in such conditions.

hee hee. he is such a cutie pie!!

and yeah... hopefully i'll get to ride monday and tuesday... monday jumping and tuesday dressage lesson, even though it's gonna be COLD!! but.. tomorrow probably not.

yeah... we get ICE more than snow... basically it'll rain and snow, then the clouds go away and the temp plummets and we get ice. which... is worse than snow. way worse! and... yep, you can bet the grocery stores were bought out of milk and bread and toilet paper and water today. and people will be driving all of 2 mph tomorrow, which... is probably smart.

but yeah... we suck. on the news they had this guy who had just moved from illinois and he was saying how even he won't drive with the ice... and i'm thinking, he's really thinking he won't drive with us crazy loser ga drivers [Wink]

hee hee.

oh well. sorry chelsea! hopefully we can both find some fun stuff to do. Though i must say im' BORED!! and that's not a good thing for me... not when i'm used to having tons to do. sure... i suppose i could clean the house, but... that's no fun!! i need to do outside stuff but i'm too wimpy.

oh well.... see you monday chelsea?? [smile]

and thanks everyone for cheering me up [Crazy]

We were supposed to get snow too... we got a little last time, but during night so we barely saw it and today it completely missed us. I've heard about the snow we'd get tonight for days, but now it's bypassing us. [Roll Eyes]

We could have a foot to two feet by Monday am. The lake effect just started but the temperature is dropping so rapidly. The air is too dry...pretty sure it'll stop snowing. If it gets back above 15 degrees though, we could get a lot of snow.

[Wink] Want to come up and visit now?

quote:

Originally posted by OnceWasTag:

We could have a foot to two feet by Monday am. The lake effect just started but the temperature is dropping so rapidly. The air is too dry...pretty sure it'll stop snowing. If it gets back above 15 degrees though, we could get a lot of snow.

[Wink]
Want to come up and visit now?

YES!!!

My brother lives in Alabama, near Birmingham, and they got a few inches of snow. My nephew, who is almost 2, got to go play in it for his first time ever! He was so cute! He has a little lawn mower and he was mowing the snow.. rofl! Just POURING rain here and getting down to around 34 tonight. Tomorrows even colder though! And a high of 48 with 20mph winds.. yeh needless to say tonight I did NOT go to the Grand Prix.. I stayed my butt inside!