Sign in to follow this  
TracyA

Year end awards

I went to the banquet for the local dressage organization last night. I knew Fess and I were up for some awards. We came home with three! Fessor was third among training level horses with senior riders. I earned a training level silver medal (three scores between 60% and 65%). And Fessor was the high score paint horse for the organization. Not too bad for two schooling shows. [big Grin]

Hopefully we can make a couple more shows this year. At the least, we are well on the way to a gold medal for first level (need one more score above 65%, scores can be from more than one year). I am really hoping to take Fessor to the recognized show in July that is fairly close and make a start at earning Bronze Medal scores. Mostly though, I just want us to keep having fun and showing what a blind horse can still do.

Tracy

Congrats and it is even more special that he is blind. My aunt beloved Oz was diagnosed blind this year and she couldn't believe it because he jumped a course the night before and got all the distances. So two days later she scheduled to have another vet over and before that she did a course were she sat back and let him get the distances. Well he did and that vet to said he was blind. She brought him to Rochester in NY and Tufts in Mass, which vets at those places said he was blind and we shocked to hear he was competing.

So I can see why you want show what a blind horse can do [Huggy]

Thanks, Marie.

I never thought about it until Fess was diagnosed with uveitis. Now, he continues to amaze me with how well he has adjusted and just how able he is. Other blind horses I've "met" online have their own amazing stories. Whether it is competetive trail, drill team, dressage, jumping, or parades, blind horses are doing the same things that their sighted counterparts do. I just never knew!

Tracy

Tracy--Your Welcome.

I have to agree they never stop to amaze me either now after riding on and being there when he diagnosed, but he was still himself and we couldn't tell. It is just amazing and at the same time neat to see because it shows they can adjust.

Congrats!!!

you guys are a kick butt team!

i'm going to our CT and D association gala next saturday... we won something too. probably first level schooling show something or other. it's exciting isn't it?!

good luck next year. think about how much more you guys have to accomplish and how far you've come already! you're unstoppable!

Great job Tracy.

We have our awards this Sat. night. But I know I am not getting any year end awards. I only showed in 3 schooling shows and they had 7. Most people showed in all 7. I did however earn my Training level plate w/ 3 scores about 60 and my USDF plate for 3 scores about 60 at rated shows.