Sign in to follow this  
KrazyTBMare

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 20!!!

Whew! We girls talk a lot! I figured it was time for a new one. Heres the last few posts from Vol. 19.

Vegas Sky

Member # 26507

posted 02-13-2008 12:36 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too busy and too long to reply to everyone but a quick note to Tracy: Wow I didn't even know Fess was EPM!. As for counseling...well you have to do what you feel is right. I know that with my counseling, it's been hard to find someone who really understands how autism, depression, and anxiety are intertwined. My mom has also spent a lot of time with different professionals for her bipolar disorder. So it's up to you, but if you don't feel 100% comfortable in your relationship, you're not going to be able to share 100% of your feelings, and that won't lead to 100% resolution. I've had counselors for only one session and for several months. Right now I'm in the same rut as you though, because I prefer the counseling of a social worker/psychologist, but I'm considering medication so it's kinda like where do I go??? Plus I haven't been in counseling since I left Wilson so that compounds the problem. So basically you have to do what you feel like you need, but if it's not all that great, I would definitely consider finding a new professional.

--------------------

Megan and the College Horse: CK Vegas Blue Star, 1996 Paint/TB mare.

http://members.horsecity.com/collegehorse

Also Owned By: Mercedes-Benz, "Macey", 2006 registered Arabian Filly

"If I had the ability to fortell the future, perhaps I would have bet on a painted horse"

"What the horse has to do under compulsion, he does not understand. Such actions are not beautiful, anymore than if one were to teach a dancer by whipping and spurring. For there is apt to be far more ugliness than grace about the actions of either a horse or a man who is subjected to such treatment. But he must follow the indication of the aids to display of his own free will all the most beautiful and brilliant qualities."

~Xenophon, 400 B.C.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 819 | From: Salem, OR | Registered: Mar 2005 | IP: Logged |

TracyA

Member # 1683

posted 02-13-2008 10:09 AM

Megan, we weren't sure about the epm until relatively recently. I have to give the trainer credit -- she called it as a possibility long before I called in the vet. As soon as we had topline loss that was hard to explain, she was calling it a possiblilty. I waited until I could see mild neuro signs before calling in the vet. Even so, we caught it early. But I still ruled out saddle fit, chiropractic, and joint issues to explain the canter quality issues before treating for epm. We had to wait a little while for the meds to get in, since the compounding pharmacy orders it in from Canada. But once the meds were in, I knew we'd be fine. Hopefully by late spring we'll have the muscles in the rump and topline back to normal. The horses we saw last year showed visible improvement within a week. And today is one week since the last of the meds. Now its just a matter of slowly building back into work. For now, we'll focus on a lot of gentle bending and suppling at the walk, with a bit of lateral work at the walk thrown in. And for fun, we'll have a bit of loose rein trotting and maybe some walks on the trails.

Oh, just for reference, the vets here use a drug called toltrazuril. The compounding pharmacy gets in in from Canada, then mixes up batches into either liquid (which needs to be tubed into the stomach) or a paste. The horse is given two doses, two days apart. I have only seen this on relatively mild cases, but it has worked wonders! You see improvements in gait quality and muscle mass beginning within a week. After six months, you wouldn't see anything to make you suspect epm. The first time I heard of this, I thought it was snake oil. But I can't argue with the results. I do NOT know how this compares with Marquis for more severe cases. But for early/mild cases, this drug is half the cost of a month supply of Marquis and seems to work well. Just a little something to ask your vet about if necessary...

Tracy

--------------------

When I count my blessings, I count my horse twice.

http://blogs.horsecity.com/?q=blog/113

Posts: 5579 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged |

marie02

Member # 4038

posted 02-14-2008 02:04 AM

3DayEventer.....I've had those days in college, but they seem to come and go during the college years. I think it is a natural thing to go through because as you take classes you get into ones that might challenge you and at the same time make you feel unskilled. But that is how we grow and learn through college.

Shantel.....Layla looks good in her jumping pics and she seems to be enjoying herself. Congrast on getting the alum round pen because they do come in handy.

Fleck.....ADD and being sane at the same time I guess that would explain Fleck in nut shell because that seems to be my impression every time I read yours.

TraceyA.....For me I just not a very open person, so talking to a counselor was very hard. However, I knew that the only way to get the most of her (counselor) was to face my fear of opening up. My suggestion is to go at your pace and don't feel obligated to open at the start.

Well school is getting chaotic or hectic, but I'm getting through it. Every Mon and Wed I have dressage lesson than on Fri/Sat/Sun I work and ride at the farm. My lessons have been going great, but painful because we are asking my body to things it hasn't yet done. I just looking forward to going home and seeing my girl because I can't wait to ride her. I have a couple lessons scheduled with my aunt during the week I'm home, so my girl and I can start building our friendship.

Oh ya, thanks for encouraging me to apply and I think I will just to see.

M

--------------------

Life is full of surprises it is our chance to enjoy them no matter what they are.

**Off to see the wonderful wizard**

http://members.horsecity.com/marie02

Posts: 8217 | From: Central, NY | Registered: Aug 2002 | IP: Logged |

FleckenAwesome

Member # 33787

posted 02-15-2008 09:42 PM

okay.... so i have been a bad thread poster. but...well... no excuses. gonna make this quick cause i need to go clean tack, but...

shantel: awesome on the round pen find! whoo hoo. that should make lunging ben easier huh!?

boocoo: glad your clinic was fun. sounds like a great idea. i just saw on another BB that someone was going to have a dressage diva schooling show. diamonds and tiara's or something. BLING was encouraged. hee hee. and the best score or the most sportsmanship person would win the DQ tiara and sash. how fun is that! sorry... just reminded me of it with your show clinic.

megan: crud... forgot what was up with you. hang in there!!

tracy: good luck with counseling. I think sometimes i am way too open with my feelings. But... sometimes it's easier to spill your gets to people you don't really know... like you guys! i love you guys and all, but honestly... you could be a big fat guy in a horse costume who lives in a cave and has monkey kids! hee he.e okay.. .well not likely, but.. i guess my point is... find who you're comfy with and take megan's advice

marie: good luck with harvard....that's all i remember

lightning: have a good ride!! hope you have better rain. okay... doh! look what i just wrote... that's what happens when i try to talk to mike at the same time... hope you have BETTER WEATHER... okay...wow!! i'm a total space... cause instead of typing hope you have BETTER WEATHER AND NO MORE RAIN, i just wrote hope you have BETTER WETTER! hee hee. okay... i'm just gonna get off now...

what else... who did i miss??

sorry!!

so... yeah... nothing too exciting. roany's birthday... flecks' nakedness that took me a week. small clippers aren't that great. but it was mostly time related. horse show tomorrow. schooling dressage. only me and two girls in 1-2 and then just me in 1-4, so i'll have atleast one blue tomorrow! whoo hoo. i really do wish i had some more competition. guess it's time to hit the rec. shows huh?! then CROSS YOUR FINGERS!! that the clinic on sunday doesn't get rained out... for the second time. see...that's why i've got rain on the brain. wow..... i'm really outdoing myself this time aren't i!?? i swear that i am actually 30 years old now and have freakin' initials after my name.. i am smart. i swear! but yeah... so cross your fingers... not like you did for shelly! for reaL!!!!!

more later!

have a great weekend. good luck if anyone else is showing.

holly... the freak!

--------------------

Holly Breaux, DVM

Roany - 25 year old appy/arabish mare.

Fleck - 10 year old Appy/TB gelding. Eventing and Dressage superstar!

www.sweetspotfarm.com

O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O

Member # 31369

posted 02-16-2008 04:19 AM

Shantel - The bute is anti-inflammatory so it should take down the joint swelling, I don't see the harm in giving her some, we just give a tiny dose and it's enough. Maybe check with oyur vet too, maybe they've got some reason they didn't suggest it . Yay! new roundpen how exciting! and an awesome bargain too.

Tracy - Glad to hear the epm meds are working, poor Fess, he's got so much to deal with. It's a good thing he has a great mum.

Marie - sounds like you're a busy bee!.

Holly - How'd you know I was a big, fat man?! although I only do the horse costume every second Friday, I prefer the panda one the rest of the time, and 'cave' has such cold, dreary connotations, I prefer 'den', sounds warmer and more inviting. Yay! for definite blues LOL.

So... I had a lesson today and I walked past something on the arena sand. It MOVED apparently a little long-necked tortoise was very very lost. So I called my instructor over and she rescued it and put it in the pond. Lucky it didn't get smushed. I'd feel so bad if Lightning ran over him.

Also, I need to slow down turns out I'm now at the other extreme and driving him too much, LOL, oops.

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

--------------------

Proud supporter of the vertically challenged.

Lightning: "There is no problem too big or complicated.........that it can't be run away from"

That kind of talent only comes along 5.. 6.. 7 thousand times in a person's life.

"Just canter through 'Halt at A' nobody will notice....."

Megan and Tracy, As far as counseling/medication goes, here is my input. I was 14 when my 19y/o brother was killed by a drunk driver. I chose drugs as my "out". Luckily, I was only wrapped up in that for 2.5 years (2.5 yrs too long!). After that, I still had a LOT to deal with. It was about 5 years until I dealt with my brothers death and the way my family had changed. It was actually when I myself was 19 and realized that I was the same age as my brother when he died.. and I had a melt down. I have spoken to a LOT of counselors. The only one I felt comfortable enough to talk to and really open up to was oddly enough my moms boss. Hes a psychologist. Its just something about how he puts things that really clicked for me. After a while of counseling, things were better but not quite all the way there. I spoke to him about medication. We both agreed it would be something good to try. The only thing was, ever since I took pills (the bad kind) I had this really weird mental block that every pill I took was going to make me sick (high) and I hated taking pills. So my Dr put me on Prozac CR (once a week pill). The results were amazing. I finally felt like I did before my brother died. I felt happy. I wasnt so irritable. Well we did the Prozac for 6 months and weaned me off of it. I did great. When things started getting stressful again last year and I saw a dramatic change in my personality, I opted for medication again and counseling. Since the Prozac worked but gave me really bad body side effects (anxious, sick to my stomach, etc) I wanted to try something else. Randy my husband is also on meds b/c of some really stressful things that are going on with his parents and his extremely stressful job. Hes on Zolof. So my Dr put me on that a little over a month ago. Its only 25mg and the pill is smaller than a fingernail clipping! But I really like the results. I am still me. I can still get aggravated or mad. But I can control it. The emotions dont control me. I am me, NOT my emotions, if that makes sense. Last week started month #2 with it, and Im still very pleased (and super excited that I have been able to take a pill every single day and not syke myself out mentally that its going to make me sick!). Anyways, after all of my rambling, I guess what Im trying to say is that I believe there is a nice balance between medication AND counseling. If there is a chemical imbalance in your self, all the counseling in the world isnt going to fix that. HOWEVER, just b/c you are on medication doesnt mean you arent you. B/c the meds balance you back to who you really are. Im sure none of us are upset, sad, angry people. But when you WANT to feel happy and you just cant, there are just so many things out there that can make it easier for you. I guess its like in horse back riding, you can talk to someone all day long about how to properly ride the canter or a leg yield, but until you ride it and FEEL it, it just wont click. So find a professional that you feel comfortable with and maybe see about medication. You certainly do NOT have to be on it your whole life. And if you dont like it, no one can make you take it. But if you are going to invest the time and money and energy into trying to come to a sort of understanding about yourself, why not do everything possible to insure that its going to work this time??

Ok.. so enough of my preaching!

The Moms is in GA until Tues visiting family, and my step dad is down at Lake Okeechobee until Monday. Monday, the 18th, is the day my step sister, his daughter was killed by a semi truck driver 3 years ago. So he took some time down there to reflect and collect his thoughts. Plus Randy is on the boat for 9 days (but hes on his way home now b/c they have a break) and Sarah and her hubby are visiting her hubbys parents in Titusville this weekend, so its pretty much just me and the critters!

I took Layla over to my friend Jills at 1130am this morning to ride. We took about 15-20 mins to trail ride around the neighborhood and then over to the rings to work.

I had my lesson last weekend which went great. Not sure if I posted about it, but the long and short of it is, my trainer had me getting Layla to stretch and basically getting me to have the adjustability to put her where ever I wanted her. Then she worked with us on getting a better tempo with the trot as my old trainer had us working on FORWARD and a shorter rein and she wants us to still be forward but long strides and relaxed. She said its ok to work on forward but you have to be adjustable. Well we did this at the w/t/c. Then worked on our canter-trot transitions. She basically said Look she pulls on you when you ask for the trot, dont let it. It doesnt matter if its pretty. Make her STOP. So we did one rein stops and the second Layla gave and stopped pulling, I gave. It got a lot better but it will take some work. But the stretchy trot and canter.. wow. Shes never felt like that!

So ANYWAYS... wow Im wordy today; today when we got to the rings, I worked on stretchy trot first off, with her nose in the dirt. She actually gave it to me immediately and was really springy in her trot. Then we cantered and OMG. It was THE.BEST.CANTER.EVER! Ive never felt her back move like that. It was like riding a wave! I got her to put her nose to the dirt, then picked her up, half halted her to her haunches, and asked to stretch again without going onto her forehand and she did it. Both ways. It was just amazing. So we ended on that. It was just. WOW.

marie, I certainly dont miss the days of college. Hope it settles down soon and I bet you are so excited to go home and see your pony. Sounds like your plate is full but Im sure those lessons will def pay off.

Holly, good luck at the show! And Happy Birthday Roany! She looks great!

LST, I think I will try just giving her 1 gram tonight at supper and one tomorrow AM and see how that helps. We go next Friday for her hocks. I think Ill also shoot my vet an email and ask. Though she was absolutely WONDERFUL today so who knows. Poor little thing! I hope he found his way back to the pond!

Ok. Well Randys here and hes making me some BBQ pita thing. We are on a "Life Style Change" not a diet. Im taking that new pill, Alli. It doesnt speed up your heart or anything. It simple reduces the amount of fat absorption in your stomach by 50% but if you eat more than 15g of fat at one sitting, you get "treatment effects" which consist of runny stool that may not be controlable or other "things"! [Duh] So Ive been VERY careful to watch what I eat and while its hard to change your habits, I do feel better and have more energy. Its amazing that you can eat better and still have flavor. This is coming from a strictly "I hate veggies and love RED meat and potatos" kind of person! [Wink]

[ 02-16-2008, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: KrazyTBMare ]

Shantel: You're absolutely right about everything you said. For me, it's just been a hard road of trying to figure out whether my problems are a chemical imbalance or just side affects of my Asperger's Syndrome and dealing with my mom or a combination of both. Things have been a lot better lately, but it's still a struggle.

Tracy: Wow I thought Marquis was the only option for epm...at least there's a cheaper alternative. I bet Fess will be back to his old self in no time!

I'm just fine Holly, I think you're the one who needs to slooowww down a little. Then maybe you'd live up to your age and the letters after your name!

I think that's all. Or at least that's all I remember. A lot of things have been going on around here lately. Where do I start?

Vegas is doing pretty well, she's been feeling a little under the weather lately, and she's been lacking a lot of her usual energy. Part of that might be the switch I made in her grain. I put her on ultium because that's what she was on last year and it worked well for us. We added a little alfalfa to the mix too to give a little spark...but no spark. I'll try upping the alfalfa and ultium to see if that helps, but after next week because she's getting time off to see if maybe that's all she needs, plus she has to get some teeth pulled. My mare has canines. Just little baby ones, but they're kind of impacted and one is really loose and bothering her, so good thing my dad's a dentist! Yep, dad is pulling Vegas's teeth...and no I don't think I can bring myself to look...we had more Pony Club today too. They're letting me ride with the more advanced kids now which is nice, and it's always nice to hear from other instructors. This one emphasized the importance of outside aids and flexion, which is something we've really been struggling with. But today she was really good and we had some AWESOME trot work! I can't wait till show season!!

Well now that the good news is out of the way...I found out last night that Dana is pregnant (she's the same one who was having marriage problems). She really didn't want this right now, and she thought she was before but the tests all came back negative and now she is for sure...it's all just a little complicated. I mean don't get me wrong, a baby is never a bad thing, it just seems like it could have come at a little better of a time. But they are both responsible people and they'll be good parents. Plus she has me as a best friend, and I'll be the best aunt to little Cecily. Yep, she already has a name picked out and she's betting that it'll be a girl. Just for that I bet it'll be a boy...

In other news, my seemingly complicated life just got even more so...how so, you ask? That's easy, seizures. They're not the grand mal unconscious convulsing on the floor seizures, but I'll be sitting minding my own business when all of a sudden my arm or leg or a whole side of my body convulses for a few seconds. I also get these really weird ones where the room will start spinning around me as if I'm going down a drain for a few seconds before everything I see shakes back and forth for a few minutes. Then there are these ones where I get deja vu or jamais vu or my heart races or other autonomic seizures. I gotta say, it pretty much sucks because I never know when it's gonna happen or how bad they'll be. So now I don't really know what to do about that...

In all honesty though, aside from Dana being pregnant and the seizures, things have been going pretty good. I've decided to go back to my old community college starting this spring term and finish up my associate's degree (hopefully by the end of winter term next year) then take some time off to really figure out what I want to do. I'm hoping to get a working student position in that time frame to see if the horse industry is where I want to head or if I should go back to school. I'm just not sure what I want to do and I'm not gonna throw money into the system while I'm trying to figure it out.

Oh I applied for a job yesterday too. It's at a retirement home for Alzheimer's disease here in town as a caregiver, so hopefully that'll come through. I'm still looking but I hope that one works out.

quote:

Originally posted by Fleckenawesome:

[

boocoo: glad your clinic was fun. sounds like a great idea. i just saw on another BB that someone was going to have a dressage diva schooling show. diamonds and tiara's or something. BLING was encouraged. hee hee. and the best score or the most sportsmanship person would win the DQ tiara and sash. how fun is that! sorry... just reminded me of it with your show clinic.

[/QB]

Yes it was fun. My trainer would have a heart attack before she'd allow all that "bling", DQ Tiara and sash at her barn though! [ROTFL] She is not at all impessed with Beau's gorgeous bling bling browband!!!

I had a good ride today, although it was freezing and raining cats and dogs. Then it started thundering and lightning! [Eek!] I thought, oh great, here I am riding in a metal building and it's lightning. We are so done Beau!! [big Grin] We ended on a happy note and the rain let up long enough for us to walk back over to my barn. No sooner did we get inside and it started pouring again!

I am doing a ride a test with an R judge in a couple of weeks. Then schooling show on March 15th and rated show on April 5th. That's just the beginning!!

Megan, I hear ya. Its always a work in progress with things like that. And that really stinks about them getting prego in a time like this, but God works in mysterious ways and maybe this is just the thing they need to iron things out? And I love the name. I hope its a girl!

Boo, we are showing the same day! [smile] I have a schooling show March 15th, then we are hitting up another one at Rocking Horse on April 26th and then back up here for May 17th. Good luck and enjoy the ride a test. I would love to do one of those.

As for me... I got all of the Before and After photos that I have been working on for work finished finally. WHEW. Then I went and found a few memory books to put them in and arranged them in a rough draft. Going to show the boss tomm and hopefully finalize everything and finish it. It basically shows before and after photos of people who got veneers or our one visit crowns so we can show people what we do. I think it looks quite nice!

Rode again today b/c it was just too darn nice not to. Like 78 degrees, light breeze, finally starting to dry out. Layla again started out perfectly stretching for me and giving me a nice bouncey trot, letting me pick her up and put her back down. The canter again was amazing. I did a rough run through of 1:1 and there were a few moments when I had to stop and "adjust" to get her to stop bracing on me but all in all it went great. I just need help on exactly where I need her for 1st level trot wise and assurance that Im sitting correctly. Im sure if I wasnt shed let me know but I still want help ya know?

Then at 5pm I went to the movies with my BFF Marla. I havent seen her in like 3+ months with our crazy schedules. Ive missed her so much! We have been best friends since 4th grade. She was the first person I made friends with when I moved to Fla. Cookiez N Cream we call ourselves (shes african american so it fits!). It was great to hang out with her again. We saw "Untracable". VERY good movie. And I saw a lot of previews for some REALLY good movies that I cant wait to see when they come out.

Then hubby got a break from work so he met me at Chilis.. I was bad.. I endulged in a burger from there, but when I got home I did a lot of barn work and moved the round pen to a new location to help burn it off.

Speaking of the round pen, Sarah is having her driveway redone tomorrow and they are grading off a lot of dirt, so shes going to have them bring it over here and dump it in the round pen. If theres any left over, shes going to have them dump it in the area where Im putting an arena. Ive decided to go ahead and give up my fight against all the weeds in my "bad" pasture and just disc it up and put in an arena. My friend who I ride with, Jill, she has a great arena and all it is is the dirt that God gave her. She didnt bring anything in. I may bring in a little sand/clay/dirt mixture to build it up a little but thats it. We have a lot of clay in our soil so it compacts and gives a nice base already. So that should be going on next weekend I hope...

And Friday I take Layla to get her hocks injected! YAY. And after getting our tax return (which I have to say I love being married and filing jointly as you get WAY more money back!) and then Randy selling him Super Charger for the car and his car and his gun, we had QUITE a bit of money. So we split it 50/50 so I have LOTS of money to spend. Which totally takes the pressure off of me about Laylas Adequan and injections.

I also ordered the bridle bag to my show gear set (the only thing I dont have), the same bit I have now but in an eggbutt, an Enell sports bra (Ive heard great things about them), an Ariat sleeveless polo (on sale for $20!) and a riding jersey that looks like a ratcatcher but lighter and has the zipper in the front. Finally I also ordered 2 PRI dressage saddle pads (they are my fav.. I have one now and its the PERFECT pad) and Harry Hall white knee patch breeches.

Ive also decided to go ahead and order some semi custom boots. I realy like the look of the Vogel dressage boots (http://www.vogelboots.com/assets/files/5298.jpg) and they start around $745.00. I really like the fact that you can choose the stiffness and also opt for a soft inside calf area. I like the look of those as well. I like the Dehners too b/c Ive heard they are super hardy but I really prefer the Vogels... I know Sarahs Cavallos are super stiff and Im not too fond of Konigs. So yeh.

Anyways.. its already 1130pm and I have to go to work tomorrow AM! Eek!

Have a good evening.

I feel I am always tired these days. Before I blame the doseage of the Lexapro, I need to get back into the gym on a regular basis. When I was working out 6 days/week, the current dose was fine. But between issues with getting to the gym for the workout buddy, cold weather, and plain laziness I just haven't made the time. I CAN go in alone, really! In fact, I did yesterday. But it is easy to say that I need my buddy (who has moved and is now much farther away from the gym).

I finally got in to see a chiropractor last week. Of course, it took back spasms to get me in... So my spine is all twisted, with my left hip higher than my right and my right shoulder higher than my left. So for the next couple weeks I need to juggle the budget for copays to go in a few days a week to get adjusted. Once my body starts holding the adjustments, we can back off the frequency. And of course, now that I'm getting into the chiro I am noticing much more stiffness in the back than usual. Not that I'm necessarily stiffer, though with the lack of exercise I may be. I think I am also more aware of tension in my back.

Fessor is continuing to improve. I suspect rebuilding muscle will be a matter of months rather than weeks. For now, we are doing mostly walk and trot with a focus on balance and stretching through the topline into a fairly long and low sort of feel. The few laps of the small indoor that we have cantered already feel MUCH better. And I'm told our trot looks much better too. That's a relief! Now, I just need to make the time to go out and gently bring Fess back into condition. So I guess I need to get into the gym and get *myself* back into condition too.

I sometimes think I need a wife. You know, the old 50's stereotype of someone to stay home to cook, clean, and manage my schedule for me. lol. Maybe after I graduate and get a job I'll be able to afford to pay someone to come in and clean once in awhile. Of course, I'd still need to keep things picked up which also isn't happening right now. It's my own fault, but my apartment looks like a tornado came through.

Ah well, not too much to report from here. Classes are continuing, and yes it is still winter. I am so very tired of the cold weather and icy sidewalks and driveways. At least Fessor's time off was in a cold enough winter that we would have had a lower than usual activity level because of the cold. I keep telling myself that spring really IS coming.

Tracy

Tracy, Glad to hear you and Fess are improving. And I hear ya on the exercising... Im eating way better but after working my butt off all day and then taking care of the barn and sometimes riding, I dont feel like doing much else. I did get a Pilates book on sale from Barnes and Noble for $8 that has a lot of stances that Im going to start doing. And spring is on the way! We have SO much pollen right now and 2 days ago it was 80 degrees! Hang in there.

Well I love my husband but boy when he gets focused on something.. thats it. I told him I wanted to disc up the weedy part of our field and make a small arena. So now he wants a tractor.

Well meet our possible new addition to the family... We are going down towards Tampa on Saturday and if it is what they say it is, we are getting it.

-

Well off to do more work.. bye!

Rode for a short ride today... Sarah had dirt delivered.. so stoaked! Its the perfect mixture of sand/dirt/clay and I cant wait to spread it. The first 2 loads are going into the round pen and any additional loads we can get are going to go where I want the arena. And then tomorrow I am trailering over to Jills b/c the saddle fitter is coming. YAY.

Anyways... 2 short videos... my trainer has me working at getting her to stretch over her whole back at the w/t/c. This wasnt the best example as the ground was wet (youll see her high stepping when she gets the farthest from the camera b/c theres standing water) and I know she hates going through water. But anyways, here they are.

-

-

Tomorrows an early day... get off at 3pm. Then Im going straight to Jills for the saddle fitter. Im off Thurs and Fri though.. Saweet!

Have a good night.

WoW! I'm behind and will have to catch up later.

Just a quick update.

Had a fabulous fabulous lesson on Scotch yesterday. Only one slight problem which was hims being very upset in his right lead canter. But all in all it was very productive and he had some lovely shoulder in and leg yields.

Today saddle fitter came and said I don't have to buy a new saddle! YAY!!!!! She is going to reflock it and move a billet so its centered with the saddle. She found that he was a bit sore in his back...right behind the saddle. Might be causing his problems in his hind end.

Then the same day he had a visit by the chiropractor. Wow was that cool to watch! He found that Scotch's left hip was out of place...did some neat stuff with his neck and jaw...actually it was just pretty awesome all around! I hope I can see a difference in him! So I'm hoping to have him back out in a month for another adjustment.

Then I was standing at the little window where you put feed through...well Scotch always puts his nose out of it (he's a ham) to be petted and smooched. Well apparently his neighbor didn't like that Scotch's left ear was on his side of the bars and took a nice lil hunk out of his ear! It happened so fast that I was like *** was that about....then I saw the blood. Poor ponyboy...he's missing small hunk of his ear...can't stitch (luckily Dr. Carlos was standing right there) it but I just put pressure on it to stop the bleeding.

So that was our adventures!

gotta run....homework awaits...or even better my bed! hehe

okay... so apparently new job and holly equals NO TIME FOR HC!!! atleast to not be a good chit chatter. i hop on but never feel like i have the time to do this thread, but... oh well. still don't! so... i'll just be the obnoxious chit chatter.

sorry!

so it sounds like everyone has been able to ride and having good rides, or getting closer to riding [smile]

yay

and that tractor is CUTE shantel [smile]

so for me...

fleck and i showed in our dressage show. two first places! whoo hoo. but.. it's not as good as it sounds. i got first in 1-4 which was just us... then i got 2nd out of 3 in 1-2 but the DQ'd the first place girl so i ended up with first. still can't break the 60's though. i came close... 59.75 or something. argh.. oh well. then we had the clinic! good job finger crossing guys!!! we pretty much all got to ride and it was even sunny for my jump part. i learned alot and had fun. good stuff. so... now it's back to work. i've started to freak about how little time i have before the horse trial next weekend. eeeeks. sure... i've got a week and a few days, but i'm working 82 hours in between then!! oh well. we'll be okay. i ran through the test like 5 times today. it seems sooooooo ...well, so little stuff in it after riding the first level tests. but... it also seems harder cause it's in the small arena, so you have to lengthen and then immediately collect and ask for a canter. and we were having issues with our canter to trot at x and then pick up the canter again at m. but we'll get it. there's no lenghtening on the circle which sorta sucks cause we're better at that now. but oh well.

not much else going on....

hope all is well. sorry i'm bad recently.

holly

I just came across an interesting post in another bb. Apparently there is a new genetic test for EPSM/PPSM. I posted a link on both the health board and the h/j board. FYI!

Tracy

Holly, whew! Full plate! Glad the show went well.

So I got home around 3 from the vets. Took Layla to get her hocks done. It went fine. He asked me if I thought she was 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% improved since the last visit and I told him I felt she was 75%. He flexed her and had her longed and agreed that she was 75% better and we both felt comfortable on just injecting the hocks at this time and if in a few weeks I didnt feel that she was 100%, we could bring her back and inject the stifles as well.

So she got her sleepy juice and got her hock injections. Did great. Got her home, hosed off the surgical scrub and rinsed her off all over since she was sweating really good, and put her and Ben inside with lots of hay and the fans on.

Shes to get some hand walking today and light turn out tomorrow and then he wants me back on her Sunday just to do a light hack (10 min walk, 10 min trot, 10 min walk) and then by Day 4 back to normal work.

I cant wait to see how shes going to go. PLUS yesterday she got her feet done and her feet are in so much better shape and are a lot stronger now that my farrier wanted to put her in Natural Balance shoes up front and a bigger more supporting steel behind. He also said it was time to bring her hinds in more and remove more flare, and wow. They look amazing. So Im excited to see how that helps as well.

Went and got my massage and adjustment. Feel much better. Leaving at 8am tomorrow to hopefully get that tractor. Then its Monster Truck Jam at the stadium at 730pm and then Sunday we are taking the ponys to my friend Jills so I can hack Layla and then ride Ben for a few mins and then hes getting a training ride with my trainer.

Long weekend.

Have a good one guys!

I just came back from an amazing dressage lesson.

After weeks and weeks of fighting, I've spent the last couple of weeks just staying positive, working in a light frame, remaning steady, not going after him that much. He became, with every ride, more and more responsive so when I did ask for roundness, it came with much less bickering between the two of us.

The result?

Excellence. My trainer was so pleased. We haven't been in a lesson since the beginning of the month so Spectrum's and my own performance was quite a pleasant surprise. It was a very, very good, solid ride. Everything just "clicked" in the lesson. We were having good rides recently but everything was building up to THE ride where the question of on-the-bit clicked, and it did. Finally. *knock on wood* The canter was 198482048x better and my trainer could not stop complimenting our trot which felt wonderful. All of the hard work paid off!

Now we've got to tweak me. [Razz] There were obviously some things needing fixing but we were learning very happily and quickly, both Spectrum and I, so the lesson ended on quite a optimistic note!

To quote the trainer: "You're doing big girl stuff now!" [Razz]

Yay for bending, straightness, correctness, roundness and amazingness! Pony made the trainer very happy today. He was very, very compliant and good. Despite the cold weather he was moving pretty well too!

Just thought I would share. [big Grin] We are finally getting it. And you know, even when not on the bit, he moves so much better now. Anyone else find that true too? That after learning the basics of dressage, the actual movement of the horse seemed improved within itself? I think it might be due to the development of muscles, training, etc.

Hi guys!

Too busy to reply to everyone, but it sounds like everyone's doing well.

We had Pony Club quiz rally today, which is all the knowledge based stuff, and we did pretty well on my team (senior Ds). We were fourth of nine teams, which is pretty good I guess. We got some questions wrong that are just like duh...but then it was hard for me because there were questions about Pony Club rules, and I don't know any of the rules!

I'm doing well, school is good and it's almost spring break, after which I get to go back to community college! I never thought I would be excited about that, but I'm ready to be done with all the rigorous academic stuff and really focus on horses for a while and figure out if that's what I really want to do...

Macy is well, she's growing up and around [Razz] She's also learning how to be a horse and how to behave like a good girl. She LOVES to be in your pocket, but while you're cleaning stalls that can get kind of annoying, so we're working in acceptable personal space.

Vegas is good, she had some time off to get herself back together after I'm not really sure what - I think a combination of hard training and a being a bit under the weather, then we pulled her canines, poor girl. But we longed Thursday, drove yesterday, and as soon as I get out to the barn I'll ride...

But it's so sad...I came to a realization the other day. No matter what career I choose, I won't ever stop riding, and I won't ever stop learning until I get to the absolute top. I love Vegas, she is my whole world. I love nothing more than teaching her what she loves to do, but she's not going to be the horse that takes me to the top. I made a promise to her a looooong time ago that I would never sell her or leave her, but that doesn't mean she'll take me past prelim or intermediate if we're lucky. So what does that mean? I have to get another horse who can take me to Rolex and Burghley. And if that happens, Vegas won't be the one I ride and train and spend so much of my time with. She'll be second to my other horse. Granted, I'll never love another horse as much as her, but she won't be the one with whom I prove wrong all the people who said she would never be a valuable horse and that I would never be a good rider...Vegas is my baby! I love her more than anything or anyone I've ever known. I saved her life, but more importantly, she saved mine. I just don't know how I'm going to balance my love and goals for her while competing another horse at upper levels...and that time is coming fairly soon. The thought of losing my baby just makes me want to cry! [Me Cry][Me Cry][Me Cry]

howdy! busy day at work! we were slammed all day!!!

shantel: glad laylas' getting the works. lucky duck!

dobby; [Yay][Yay][Yay] that deserves three happy dances. whooo hooo. i'm so proud of you guys. you rock!!!

megan: BREATHE... calm down! it'll be okay. you've got plenty of time left with miss vegas and she may surprise you just yet. it is hard to ride one and feel like you're leaving the other one out, but... it'll be okay. Roany pony still knows' that i love her forever and always will. And yes, fleck and i have gone farther but she has taught me so much and everyone know's that and always will cause i won't let them forget it. so...don't you fret. just take your time and enjoy the time you are spending with vegas now. when you move on, then you can worry. but... all you have to do is continue to spend time with her and tell her she's loved. i know its' hard to admit that she's not quite as awesome as you thought - as far as taking you up the levels... i felt the same way with roany. She was the best horse in the world darn it! and i wanted the world to know. But... she doesn't care. She is just glad that she still gets hugs and love and kisses and treats and all the time off she wants [smile] so don't fret little one.... breathe... it'll be okay [smile]

anyways... got a lesson tomorrow before work. fleck and i need it. i think i got so frustrated and then got carried away we lost what dobby found again! must get back to that soft and supple pony and not forgo it in efforts to get to the "movements" so.... hopefully my lesson tomorrow will be good and well needed and get us back in the zone before our show next weekend.

[smile]

hope everyone continues to have a great weekend. stay warm and dry!

Okay all...I tried to keep up with this a few months ago but have always had computer problems, but now I have a brand new computer all to myself and I want to try this again!!! I hope you all don't mind. I do read this everyday and keep up with you all, you just don't know what boring things I am up to this time of year:-)

So, here we go!

Vegas-I completely understand your feelings about getting the other horse. I felt that way too about Winston. I have had him for 15 years and once I got into dressage, new that his age confirmational limitations would mean I would need another horse. When the day came when we finally said, you know, this is probably it, I was sad. But you know what? I still treat him the same...he is still the same horse. I love him and he is happy and I play with him everyday. I am thankful for all we have accomplished and I am thrilled that I have resources to keep him in my life and I am really enjoying him at this capacity.

Fleck- Do you have any pics from the show? I am jealous of your weather!! Everytime I see the national weather I think, oh, I bet Holly gets to ride!! You will be breaking 60 before you know it!

Shantel-How is Layla since getting her hocks done I had a wonderful saddle fitter come last fall and I too was amazed at what a difference it made! He works with my chiropractor so I get a "twofer". Probably need him back in the Spring.

Well, I think I have a start to catching up. I haven't been able to ride because the weather is terrible and icey. The horses are all happy though:-) Shelby goes back in training in 2 weeks, so we will be back to bootcamp!!!

I just got a call from work and one of the families that I know has 3 boys...the oldest has been out to ride the horses. Then they have 7 month old twin boys that I play with everyday when the nanny comes in. It turns out one of the babies died of SID syndrome yesterday and now I can't stop crying. I have known them since they were a few days old and that poor poor family. Good and bad thing about my job is I really get close to people...think I am going to head over to work....

Holly and Beckham, you're right...I just have so many mixed emotions about it all...I mean, on one hand, I know that right now Vegas loves her work and she loves to show, but one day she'll be happy to retire to mommyhood and then she can give me a baby that could maybe take me as far as I want to go. And it's not fair to her to keep pushing her when she may not stay sound in wind, limb, or mind - after all, she was a neglected rental before I got her, then the poor girl was hit by a car! I guess with all things considered I should be grateful that she's even alive. I'll take her as far as she wants to go, and maybe we'll just retire to a life of dressage or novice level eventing after the baby is weaned...All that matters to her is that I spend time with her and she has a job to do. Right now that job is being the best eventer that she can be and hopefully she'll be a happy mom, and then we can just enjoy the lower level stuff for the rest of her time with me...and hopefully that'll be another 17 years - after all, she'll only be 28 by then.

But I guess the biggest thing I had to realize is that my goals for me are different than my goals for her...and that's okay. For so long my goals were her goals because we were learning together, but now I'm progressing past her, and one day I'll need a horse that can teach me - If I'm going to be eventing a horse at CCI***, I want a horse that's done it before for the first time I'm on! And...it'll be really exciting to ride something so talented, especially if it's Vegas's baby! But before I start training her baby I have to find something that I can learn on first...See? This is what happens - I over-analyze and then my little head gets itself all wound up in trouble...oh well, we still have years in front of us, so the only thing I'll worry about for now is starting a fund to buy said upper-level experienced horse...

Went for a ride today, our first since having a week more or less off...it felt really good! I think pulling those teeth out helped her a little with acceptance of the bit and willingness to flex. Plus, I've been massaging her neck a lot lately to help get rid of all that tension she likes to hold in there...Still not sure whether she needs to have her feed energy bumped up or not...right now she's on a little bit of beet pulp, ultium, grass hay and alfalfa. Not sure whether she needs more energy or whether the extra thirty or so pounds hanging around her belly are bogging her down...I'll give it another week or so before I decide...plus we started the it's-springtime-and-the-grass-is-growing-and-it's-

my-job-to-mow-the-lawn-so-guess-how-I-do-it Rotational Grazing Program, so maybe she'll get a little bit from those few hours of grazing each day...

Wow, I just typed a lot. You get a cookie if you read all that - check your temporary files folder, that's where I put them (oh wow that was a nerdy joke). One more question...I totally think Vegas has seasonal depression. I mean, it's the same biological control in humans as it is in horses - light into the eyes = increased melatonin and melatonin is the happy hormone...Oregon has some of the highest seasonal depression rates in the nation, so that's my theory. Either that or she's just bored from a severe case of the lack-of-good-turnout-winter-blahs...so what are some ways that I can spice up her life? I put holes in her jolly ball so it can dispense treats as it rolls around, but she hasn't figured it out yet. Dad is helping me make a toy to skewer fruits and vegetables to hang in her stall...what else can I do? I'm gonna start hiding apples and bits of alfalfa and treats in all her favorite grazing places and she has better turnout now, but what else can I do? I don't have a whole ton of time to spend playing games with her, just the time to ride and feed and chores, but any ideas?

Okay I'll really go for rizzy this time - last midterm of the term...two weeks before finals...

Well we took Vegas to see Dr Gerros today...she just hasn't been right for the past few weeks and she started coughing up mucus so I thought it was time. I told him about her coughing and low energy and lack of enthusiasm while she eats...he listened to her lungs and said it was most likely a chronic bronchitis, which is basically the early stage of COPD. Luckily though, with treatment, it's reversible. He said we could go ahead and treat her or do all the tests and go from there. I said let's do the tests to be sure we know what we're doing. So we did a CBC and that was all normal - no anemia. Then we scoped her and took a culture and cytology sample (she was NOT very happy about that!) ...BUT...she's on antibiotics, broad spectrum right now and we may change that if her culture comes back positive, and she's also on clenbuterol. So once the inflammatory response is gone in a few days she can go back into light work, starting with just on the ground, and building her back up very slowly. Dr Gerros said that once the inflammation is healed, it takes about six weeks for the lung tissue itself to heal. So until all that is healed she can exercise to the point of tolerance, but nothing that will make her sweat or especially not breathe hard. Plus I have to basically eliminate dust from her existence, so no being in dusty barns or in the stalls while they are being cleaned...no dusty arenas and wet down hay and stalls...Sounds pretty bad, but he expects her to make a full recovery...

At least she has good timing, because I can't technically ride right now either...or drive...or run...or do anything else that might bring meaning to my life...not until my test results come back from an MRI and EEG and all that good stuff BECAUSE my doctor thinks that my little episodes of time passing while I'm unaware of it or my convulsion thingys and wandering around, then ending up somewhere and not knowing how I got there...well she thinks those might be types of seizures, and I can't do anything that might be dangerous if I were to lose awareness or control of my body while doing it...College and adult life may not be all it's cut out to be, but I DO NOT miss IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT being without my license!!! OMG my mom has to take me to school which is like 45 minutes away...I can't go anywhere by myself...I can't be by myself period unless I'm at home. And then the seizures themselves are not all that pleasant...ugh. My MRI is tomorrow and depending on the results I may go for the EEG. My bloodwork is done but I got the message to call the office after they had already closed, so I'll do that in the morning.

I have no horse to ride...I couldn't if I wanted to. I have no license, might not get it for another six months (thank you Oregon's Medically At Risk Law) I live in the middle of the sticks...I COULD walk anywhere I wanted to go (it's only a few miles into town) IF I were allowed to run!

Now I knows for rizzy what it feels like to have no life.

Holy Megan! I hope that the doctors can fix your whacky problem! Yikes! Best of luck! [Huggy] And then you can have your independence back after they fix you! YAY

As for me....well....I don't even know where to begin. I'm a horrible person in general and currently B/F and I are on a break. I haven't really been on much these last 2 weeks. I was in Boston this past weekend...and to say the least was a total disaster. I'm guilt ridden right now....so much that I can hardly eat. I feel better after talking with B/F about my panicking for the last 2 weeks and hwo i need time to figure out what is going on with me. Ok rewind to the guilt part...which happened to me Sunday night. Lets just say me + vodka = TROUBLE and yes B/F was not there.

lets also say I took a cab ride with another guy. *** was I thinking?? AH. And I haven't told B/F because he would be heart broken...this would ruin him I just can't tell him....but I can't just be with him right now either. It's just not fair to him. I am not the type of person to do this type of thing....yet deep down inside I kind of know what I was doing. Which is another reason why I'm at a fork in the road... I wasn't looking for a serious relationship...I just happened to end up in one. Am I in love? Or am I trying to convince myself I am? I don't really know? Gah my life is not fun right now. Whew thanks gals for letting me vent for a bit... hopefully I won't be critized too much for my retarded decisions. Has anyone else been at that fork in the road? Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Oh pony is doing well. Rode him for the first time yesterday since last Thursday. He feels much better after being chiro

Vegas, I am just so glad you are at home right now while all this is going on and all the way across the bloody country!!! Hope you find out the problems soon.

3Day, quit beating yourself up. You are still soooooo verrrrry young. Better to find out now you aren't ready for a serious relationship, then to find out after your married with kids!!! [Eek!] You sound to me like you know what you are doing. Taking a break with the b/f for a while is probably the best idea until you know what you want to do. In the mean time do the things you enjoy and want to do in life and don't feel guilty for it. At the same time, be careful and think through your decisions first, so you don't have any regrets later on!!

As for me, not much going on. Just working and riding. Beau is doing fine. We are doing a Ride A Test at our barn this Saturday.

Hubby came home from a buisness trip with the flu! Not good! Son went to w/ the drama club to the high school and got a tour of the technical theater. He loved it. I can see him being a sound engineer or something like that! We'll see!

beckham: welcome back. So sorry to hear about your friend's son. that is soooo sad. i'll be praying for them. [Huggy]

and no... no pics that i'm willing to share. it was a pretty wretched ride. afterwards looking at the video... she was really generous!! so... yeah.. i had two great rides since then, so hopefully i'll get my act together before our next dressage show and then i'll break 60 and DESERVE it! hee hee. yep! it's getting warm again. though not yesterday! holy crud!! 30's with a windchill of 21 all day!! i wimped out and cancelled my XC lesson. it was like 60 mph wind! but yes...warming up now. hope you guys start to hit spring soon too so you can get back to riding!

megan: one word for yah!!! FUGETABOUTIT!!! hee hee. you do need to stop overanlalyzing things! but i know... i do it too. only on a much smaller degree! you've got time. just chill and enjoy what you have right now. sure... think about the future and plan for it, but don't forget to live in the now! awww poor vegas! but it sounds like a good prognosis! and.. easy enough to do things to help her out. so that's good. as for you!!! WOW!!! that must be scary! and sooooo frustrating. man... but maybe you could still drive vegas! hee hee. you don't need a license... you could have someone sit up with you so if something happened they could take over. hee hee. can you see you driving miss vegas up to the wendy's drivethrough! hee hee. seriously though... i'm really sorry. i hope it all works out soon for yah. i know you've got to be frustrated. [Huggy][Huggy] unfortunately i'm not good at stuff like this... but we're here for yah.

lauren: goodness... you guys just fall apart when you don't hop on here often enough! just kidding. [Huggy][Huggy] to you too. Don't beat yourself up. yes, maybe you made a bad decision and are regretting it and yes... you probably should feel guilty a little bit, BUT...everyone makes mistakes. and... you can't beat yourself up about it forever. i dont' know how to offer your advice other than.... you should be honest. it may backfire on you but atleast you won't have to keep beating yourself up. maybe??? i don't know. [Huggy] here...more hugs cause i just don't know. you'll figure it out though. you're a strong woman and you'll be fine. good luck. and... glad scotchy is being a good boy!!

boocoo: glad things are going well. good luck this weekend.

okay... so this is gonna be quick as i need to go shower and finish getting ready for the horse show. had two great lessons with karen! fleck was incredible!!! our dressage show was a disaster and karen (and shelly) helped me figure out why. now i just need to get better about figuring it out AS it's happening so i can fix it! but.. we had a great lesson the other day. fleck really really felt the best he's ever felt! and then today we did some dressage and he felt pretty good. so then we jumped... since i wimped out on my XC lesson and have only jumped twice since the last show.. in dec! so we hopped over a few and fleck was sooooo lazy. and slow. it was like he was being a hunter! so then karen put them up. made a pretty scary triple bar oxer/hogsback thingy. pretty freakin' big. and raised the other jumps. and fleck just loped around them too. i jumped up his neck and buried him in one line but other than that he was great. Karen just looked at me and was like.... he doesn't even care... he honestly looks BORED! she was like [Eek!] and then [big Grin] hee hee. so yeah... he was great! so... i'm set for my show. pending the peacocks don't fly into the arena during our test!!

saturday at 9 am is dressage so send fancy fluffy floaty soft supple back swinging hock working straight thoughts our way. then at 11:18 is XC so send on time, straight, no son of a ditch issues, happy jumping thoughts our way. then stadium is sunday... i'll let you guys have the day off, but if i pull a rail.... *shaking fist in the air*. hee hee. just kidding. i'm sure i'll have TONS of pics and video to bore you with!

have a great weekend all!!

holly

Well, one good thing of this is now I have a lot of time to be on the boards!

Lauren: Awww Lauren! [Huggy][Huggy] Listen to me - you are NOT a horrible person! You are a good person! We all make mistakes, and some of them are really big ones. Heck, I've screwed up so bad so many times that I can't even begin to count the damage that I've done. But it's okay...if we didn't make mistakes, how would we know when we really get it right? You and Jeremy have been very good for each other I think, and you've grown a lot together. But you're both still so young (coming from someone so much older and wiser than you *coughgag*) and if you need to take time away from each other, than do it. I think that's one mistake a lot of people make - they get in a serious relationship and then they just run from there. Well, I think it's a very wise thing to be away from a significant other for a while, to learn and grow and really learn a lot about yourself before you give all of yourself to another person. I can't tell you what you should be feeling right now, that's not my place, but I will tell you that just because you do something that you don't think is right...that doesn't make you a bad person. You are a good person and I know that because you are my friend. So don't beat yourself up, and just try to let it go.

Boocoo: HA!! Yeah...I don't think people in Chambersburg even know what a seizure looks like, let alone an absence or partial seizure...It is pretty fortunate that I'm now that this is happening. Oooh fun! I've always wanted to do a fix-a-test! Good luck - and with the hubby too! Men can be a little demanding when they get sick...my 6'6" 250 lb tough man don't cry when I break my leg with a sledge hammer Dad turns into a big whiny baby when he gets sick, it's so cute!

Holly: [ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL] "Excuse me, could I get a cheeseburger, hold the pickles and onions, extra lettuce, and no cheese?" "Do you want fries with that?" "No, she's watching her figure, but I will take some of those shredded carrot thingys you put on your salads!" Oh Holly, I just died when I read that! Hmmm, I'll just tie the reins to my body so as I fall to the floorboards convulsing she'll know to stop! Wow Fleck sounds like he's doing so good! You can have all the fluffy floaty springy fast jump clear thoughts I can muster girl! Good luck and have fun!...not that you ever don't, but have even more fun than usual!

Well not a whole lot is new around here...I'm going slightly insane from cabin fever and my mom is well..being my mom. Ya can't hardly blame her, the woman is bipolar and severely depressed and has so many issues from her childhood, but it still doesn't make it easy to live with, especially now when she starts to be more of a mom and tries to get more involved with my life as I get older...I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort, but I've made it all these years without you and now you try to get involved in all my life activities and act like you know what you're doing? Doesn't work that way, sorry...then there's the fact that if she has a problem (and she has lots of problems), then everybody knows about that problem, and no one else is allowed to have a problem, because that would take away from her problem...So while I'm trying to figure out why my body hates me, mom's going around complaining about who knows what and how she has to drive me everywhere and wake up early just for me and I'm like well I didn't exactly want this! And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to detract the attention from your little hypoglycemia bronchitis problem, I'm only trying to figure out why I'm seizing ten times a day...my bad! Geezle, I love the woman but I can't hardly stand her....BUT, I got my bloodwork back and it's all normal, I had the MRI yesterday, and depending on those results they may do an EEG and/or an EMG. But the results won't be back till Monday or Tuesday at the earliest, so I'm looking at another 2 weeks or so of absolute oppression of basic human rights. But the good news is that Vegas is definitely starting to feel better on her antibiotics, and the clenbuterol begins tomorrow so yay for pony! And little miss Macy Moo is growing up so fast I can hardly believe it - she even lets me hang off her back now with no freakout. She's such a good baby.

Sorry to unload on you guys but it's been a loooonnng week. At least it's Friday, so everyone have a mini Friday party, even if it's only in your head!

Well, I am back from a quick trip to Philly/New Jersey for my cousin's wedding. I a sooo tired and so happy to come home to 50 degree weather!!! Woohoo!

Holly- I will be waiting to hear how the show goes. I have to live through you since it has been to crappy to do anything here! I hope it is going great!!! Thanks for the prayers for little George. Please keep his family in your prayers. They are wonderful people who are going through a terrible thing. I can't imagine ever having to go through something so so terrible. He was a precious little boy.

Vegas-Glad to hear you are hanging in there. I am sure they will get it all sorted out soon and your horse is on the mend! so, things are on an upswing for you; think of it that way!!! Let us know how your appointments go this week!

Lauren-You are still so young. You obviously aren't meant to be with this person (somewhere your mind is telling you this:-) Don't beat yourself up. Try to break-up or whatever you need to do for the situation then try to pick yourself up and move on. Don't punish yourself and move forward. Getting out to ride always makes us all feel better!

Boo-Glad to hear you are plugging along with that nice mild weather in Texas!!! Let us know how that clinic went!

So, I have today to do all of my chores and it is back to work tomorrow. We went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art yesterday and that place is amazing!!! What a beautiful city. I missed all of my animals and I am glad my horses didn't run over my parents or my husband:-) I have to get Shelby all ready for "boot camp" next week. I just got all her Spring shots and her feet done so we are all ready!

Ahg, off to the grocery store...hope everyone is having great weekend.

Beckham, glad you had fun in Philly!!!

My Ride A Test was ok. I did get some good tips out of it, but I had given Beau his shots earlier in the week and he had a reaction to one of them, so the right side of his neck had a bunch of knots in it and he was very sore. Hence he did not want to come on the bit or bend. I told the clinician and she was very understanding. She did say he had very nice energy coming from behind. Nice trot work, excellent stretchy trot, woohoo, nice free walk, tracks way up under himself, nice and straight cantering down the long side to the left. She said you don't see much of that at this level!! So I hauled over for a lesson today. He was not as sore as yesterday and I put some DMSO on it. My trainer helped us to get his neck unlocked and voila' we had an awesome lesson. I was doing sitting trot and decided to go ahead and canter without her telling me to and she was very pleased with my transition and then the quality of the canter. Then we worked on shoulder in and leg yielding. It was quite good! So I think his neck is feeling better and I will not ever give vaccines so close to a clinic or show or anything for that matter, again!!! He is such a princess and the pea!!

Beckham: I never actually made it to Philly while I was at school - Devon was the closest I made it...one of these days I'd like to go back over there and chill for a while, check out all the sights. Hehe yay for Shelby boot camp, time to get the ponies in shape for spring!

Boocoo: Glad your Fix-a-test went as well as it could considering. Poor Beau...feet, shots...he's just not a happy camper unless everything is perfect for him! Geez, you'd think he's been hanging out with the Vegas or something!

Well, we got the culture back from Vegas's phlegm sample...she has FOUR different types of bacteria in her lungs!! [Eek!][Eek!] My poor girl!! Anyway, so we upped her antibiotics to 23 grams of SMZ per day for the next 21 days. That'll take care of two of the bugs, and Dr. Gerros is hoping that if we can get rid of those two Vegas can get rid of the rest. She's on the clenbuterol for another four weeks too, so hopefully she'll be back to normal pretty soon. She's feeling a little better already - we went for a hand walk in the vineyard today and although she wasn't her usual two year old off the track stud colt self, I would put her at a max of a recently retired 8 year old mare, which is better than what she was like a week ago - a fat 25 year old quarter horse gelding, so we're getting there! Oh my gosh, I super-groomed Macy today too, and she's growing up so fast! She looks more like a small horse now instead of a baby! Her coat looks so good too...not at all like the mangy little thing I brought home two months ago...she's about eighty pounds heavier too!

Hmmm, my doctor called with the results from my MRI today too, and it was completely normal. So that's pretty good I guess. So the next thing I've gotta do is an EEG...but apparently I'm one of those patients that is really hard to diagnose...fitting the bill somewhat but not really in other ways...grrr. This isn't the first time a diagnostic dilemma of sorts has presented itself to me either. It just gets to the point where even though diseases and disorders are terrible things to live with...it's almost like you want something to be wrong just so you know that you're not crazy, that you're not just making up all of this on a subconscious level...oh well, I guess I'll see when I get the results back from the EEG. It's all very much a hurry up and wait kind of game.

hi,

i'm back!

i did read but really have been playing catch up on the computer too long to respond for now.

the horse show was a mess. total mess. and i've gone over it in my head so many times and typed it so many times, i just put it in my blog... so here's the link if you want the skinny!

and..you can also go the event board and see some pics. [Wink]

anyways....best get off now. the hubby thinks i've gone mental!! which is just silly.. he's like TWO HOURS!! you're still on the computer?!?! but.... BUT.... he'll play WoW for about 18 hours straight?! so what gives?!

oh well.

here's the link.

http://members.horsecity.com/fleckenawesom...ref_tab=my_site

glad you're back though beckam!

Thanks ladies for the support [Huggy]

this is something that I need. It is what it is!

WoW I need to catch up with everyone....but here's a quick update

Ponyboy has been doing well...I just sent in my application for a Scott Hassler clinic at the end of April. Planning on showing @ a rec show in May. Would like to get another show before the May one. We'll see out it all goes. Not much else new going on. Spring Break next week!! WOOHOO!!!

Holly-I just read your blog. I LOVE the mother duckers title:-) I laughed. We ALL have weekends like that, trust me. (I never even posted about my nightmare show in November, mare being the important word.) But, I am so impressed you tackled that course..scary stuff if you ask me!!! We all learn from this stuff and you did!!! However, that was an AWESOME pic you posted. I LOVE it!!