Sign in to follow this  
KrazyTBMare

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 20!!!

Ok so I just got back from riding over at Jills. We rode through 1:1. It actually went really well! And what do you know, Layla actually lengthened a little bit in the trot. Shes never going to have a jaw dropping extended trot but she tried really hard.

Then we worked on extended canter down the long side. We only worked on this for the first time 2 wks ago in a lesson and it was.. interesting. But today.. WOW. Shes starting to understand what Im asking regarding not speeding up but opening her stride and stretching over her back. Jill was like WOW can she push in the canter! Its def her best gait. She did awesome. And shes totally got the canter down the diagonal, trot at X thing down. Shes like oooooo were cantering down the diagonallllll... letssss trot now! and basically knows its coming.

Boo, thats great you were able to get Beau adjusted and hes feeling better. Hopefully he will be even better after a few days off.

Lauren, try not to stress too much. This is just one tiny moment in your life.. it will pass. And if you have new ponies.. well we need photos!

luv, oooo that gelding sounds really nice! Hopefully you will find something soon.

Vegas, glad to hear your girl is feeling better. Thats really good that your brainwaves are good. Hopefully whatever they find out will be manageable or cureable!

Tracy, if you go to that show, you MUST post photos.

I gotta head off to the bank and the grocery store. Have a good day!

Hi, I don't normally post here but I finally have a horse in dressage training so I'm all excited that I get to participate on this board. Seabastian is my four year old wb and so he's finally old enough to be worked. I've had him undersaddle for four months, consistently. The rest of his little undersaddleness has been interupted by growth spurts.

Anyways, we had an amazing dressage lesson today. For about the past month and a half our trot work has been kept slow and just worked a lot on straightness and developing a steady cadence, so we don't look like such a drunken sailor all the time. Today, Mom had us work on power and thrusting seriously for the first time. We got on a big circle and made the trot more forward and then brought it back. And made it forward and brought it back. He did great! After about the third repetion, he was sitting back on his haunches to come down and then moving all out, swinging his hips and really reaching with his front legs to come forward.

Ok, end happy rant.

okay... here goes. i'm just gonna suck at this for good i think. the 82 hour work week doesn't really allow for it when we're busy and then the week off is full of fun and not so fun stuff, so... sorry!!! but i've got a bit of time, so here's my catch up!!

lightning: Great video! you guys look great.

beckham: ooooh, i'm so gonna take you up on that offer. course...with easter around the corner all the feed stores have the little baby chicks and ducks. i called my hubby and said "listen"! and put my phone down...so he heard ...cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep!!! he ehee. but... i think i'm just gonna get an old hen or rooster from a friend. the little chicks are too much work until they're grown ups! and then hopefully my dogs and cats wont' kill them! of course my poor horse might lose his brain!! but jeepers!! he's just gonna have to get over it. glad you're getting some rides in! hope springs stays around for yah!

tracy: oooh, have fun! and definitely get pics of you on the big guy! have fun cheering!! and man..that reminds me.. i really need to do some more bareback/stirrupless work!

boocoo: you make me laugh!!! that's why i cheat by opening up two pages (but... i know, i have fast net!). wow! new barn again!! guess beau won't have issues stabling overnight at shows if he needs too! [smile] good luck at your rec. show!!! whooo hooo.

lauren: OOOOH, i'm soo jealous! i've been drooling over the pikeur stuff. the coat and the breeches too! hope it works out with the boston guy! gracious you are a crazy busy woman!! get some rest missy!

megan: oooh, thinking happy thoughts for your heart!! glad you're brain is okay though.

shelly: hee hee. shamu!! that still makes me giggle! what on earth would we call fat fleck??? so you know what i noticed in your pics....how high your hands are!!! no wonder i keep getting told "raise your hands!"... but i'm working on it [smile] and it does help. heehee. i hadn't actually LISTENED to the video. hee hee. ara's funny!

mckenzie: GET BACK ON A HORSE GIRL!!! wow...that's a long time without riding!! glad you're back though. oooh, keep us posted on the horse shopping and lessoning!

shantel: that sucks about being on call, but... i'm sorry... i have no sympathy for working 6 straight hours! hah!!! try 15!! with no scheduled breaks...sometimes i'm lucky to get time to go pee! but that's okay. i love it! that is great though that you guys get the shorter days and get paid for longer days. how's that work!?!

have you ridden 1:3 yet? personally i think that one is the hardest of all of them. Leg-yielding off the wall is really tricky. atleast for us, but that's cause i still haven't managed to consistently get fleck in my outside rein. though i figured out why so atleast we're working on it. good luck at your show. 1-3 is a fun test though. with your lengthens...have you tried putting your hand just a hair forward? to give her someplace to go? fleck's lengthens in the canter got much better after my trainer told me that. i think that to answer your question about frame length....you're talking about the difference between lengthen and extension. i think with a lengthen they're allowed to lengthen their frame a bit, but with an extension, it's just the stride. not sure though. i always confuse things in my brain. hope your um....girly parts! feel better!

ashley; HI!!! glad to hear sebastian and you had a breakthrough. whoo hoo. give mr noah a big hug for me.

okay... better go shower and get ready for bed. UGH!!! it's sooo freakin' early, but my brain has to go from overnights to friday off to saturday 8 am to 8 pm which means i have to get up at like 6:15 in the morning. Ughh.. i'm not usually even in bed by then. but... i guess it helps that i only got 6 hours of sleep (at the most!) the past two nights and 4.5 today. that was a mistake! i meant to only sleep 3 but my alarm didn't go off. oops. still got some fencepost put in so we can section off the pasture a bit more and still got to ride. it was a fun ride. we jumped. but since i only have two standard sets... we worked on jumping at angles and bendy lines. fleck was a good boy. we also did some hill work and walk work, so... it was a good ride.

anyways... not much else going on. just busy! have a great easter!!!

holly

Holly it sounds like you had a fun ride! And it sounds like you needed that extra hour and half of sleep, haha.

I took Seabastian to a schooling show today. We didn't compete, I just grazed him (ok less grazing mostly watching with his eyes as big as golf balls) and then when he was all settled (it only took about three hours this time) I got on and rode him during a down time in the warmup ring. The lady who ran the show offered to me the use of the dressage arena during lunch break if I liked, but we were finished by then. He was really good. We didn't work undersaddle long, and all I did was bascially what I would have done to warm up for an Intro test. Lots of transitions and bend-y stuff. (Except not so much bend-y stuff because he's young and I'm not asking for that yet)

Anyways, I was mucho proud of him. He handled everything really well for having such an evident lack of brain cells. When someone opened an umbrella right behind him, he scooted forward a little but not bad at all! And he learned to tie to the trailer. (Sort of, I was there with him, I did a fake tie, and held the end of the lead, but yea.) It was a success!

Yeah, Krazy, I'm real glad I got Beau adjusted. I haven't been on him yet to see how he feels. She told me to give him two or three days so the muscle memory can set in. That would be tomorrow, but I won't be able to because it's Easter. So I plan to ride him Monday for the first time again.

Holly, I am the queen of barn moving. Beau has never had issues with traveling and stabling anyway, he has done it all his life and he is 12 years old now. That's one thing my short bus horse handles really well! [big Grin] I can't relate to all your work hourse cause we have been on spring break this week. Our golden is now on thyroid medicine, but he had 5 seizures in 24 hours Thurs. night. [Eek!] I thought the thyroid medicine was supposed to help with the seizures. He hasn't had 5 seizures in the last 6 months and now this? Poor dog slept for 14 hours after that. We did take him back for his blood work about two weeks ago and they increased the dosage of his thyroid pills, which I changed him over to about 5 days ago. Poor dog. I am calling the Vet. back on Monday to see what is going on?

We planted some great plants this weekend and our back yard is really shaping up. We are looking for horse property again. This boarding thing just does not work for me! [Roll Eyes] I had my horses at home for way to many years and I just will never be satisfied till they are back at home with me where they belong. Besides I miss looking out the window and watching them in their pasture. I feel like I am being cheated out of a lot of time with them since I only get to see him for a couple hours every day, instead of being able to walk out to the barn or pasture whenever I feel like it. Plus my hubby and I enjoy putting about our lands. So I am looking again. I do like where he is now, but I am doing the chores in the a.m., so it's working out just great for now.

Back to work on Monday, then it's only 12 weeks till I have a couple months off. I sure hope we have a place by then!

Let's see what I can remember...

Shelly: Wow, that is so crazy about Julie just dropping you like that! But at least you have a new trainer. I'm glad things are calming down for you and that Razzle is getting straightened out. Oh and kudos for waiting to sell the boy, I think you can do a lot more with him.

McKenzie: Well welcome back!! Too bad about having to let Teddy go, and way too bad about not riding in three months!!!!! [Eek!] Good luck on horse shopping!

Holly: 82 hour work week? Geezle that's intense. But at least it's what you like to do eh...uhhh I can't remember anything else. Fleck's good, you're good (but busy) right?

Hmmm what's new? I'm really starting to like living on my own and all the freedom that it entails...Vegas has only one more dose of antibiotics and a week or so of ventipulmin, then I'll have Dr Gerros take a good look at her when we do spring vaccinations in a week or two.

It's spring break this week too, which means absolutely nothing - and that might be nice for a change - just relax and read a few good books. I'll also have time to get back into my running schedule so that I can get into shape for swimsuit season...er I mean for eventing season [big Grin]

Oh and Easter was pretty nice too. I had a good lesson with my 11 year old sunday school class and I ate WAAAAAYYY too much (a third reason for my running regime).

But time to run - gotta feed the ponies before Axmen is on on History Channel. If any of you want to know what logging life is like in the Great State of Oregon, watch that show, it's awesome. I also happens to be the heritage of my family. Maaaannn, am I glad Dad went to dental school!

Good night all and happy Easter!

howdy.

so.... so far it's been an okay day at work. GOOD! i needed it. Saturday i ended up getting a migraine and puking at work for the second time! though i was a little excited cause i had donuts and then chicken quesadilly and i only vomited the chicken. So whoo hoo, i can still eat donuts!!

anyways...

boocoo: hee hee. yeah, poor fleck is a well traveled guy too. Not so much in barns, but he goes to so many places to ride and show and take lessons. and i hear yah... having them at home is the best! i LOVE waking up and seeing Fleck's head starting at me. he knows' when i get up cause he'll be at whatever window i'm near and neighing at me. it's just a nice feeling. happy shopping. I'm so irritated cause i don't have enough money to buy horse property while it's sooo cheap, but i can't sell my house til the markets better. argh.. oh well. we're putting up some more fencing to help break up our pastures more so we can rotate more and get better grass. and it looks nice. i like new fencing [smile]

megan: yay for spring break. glad you are liking living on your own more. it's fun, but a change. glad to hear the vega's monster is feeling better. whoo hoo. any new pics of macy, now that she's not a fuzz bucket. oh, well...maybe she still is. i forget that it might not be spring and 70 degress elsewhere! although tonight it's dropping down to 29!!! eeeks.

hmmm. think that's it. i slept after work last night for 12 hours, woke up still exhausted. i swear, migraines WEAR you out! so then we put up some more fencing and i had my friend come over and do my ponies teeth and vaccinate them. then i slept again, and now i'm working again. only two more nights after tonight and then i get the week off again.

hope everyone had a good easter! or good sunday!

Megan - Yay for finishing finals! Yay brainwaves are normal! Hope they find out what's going on though [Huggy]

Boocoo - That's great that Beau likes his new barn! Aw I'm glad he is all fixed now, I bet he feels better. Oooh yay property shopping! It'll be awesome to look out the window and see Beau out there.

Shelly - Thankyou so much for the critique (and being nice about it [big Grin] ) I will definitely take it all on board! *snicker* don't change for him.... the story of my life... I'm sorry the clinic wasn't what you were expecting and wow... I'm sorry you were left without a trainer, that is weird of her to just leave you though. [ROTFL] I love the video, the commentary is priceless. Yay we can see Razzle go now!

McKenzie - welcome back! I'm sorry Teddy left, hopefully horse shopping begins to turn up some good things soon.

Lauren - 2 more ponies... thats it.. no more information, for shame for shame...

Shantel - Aww what a good girl Layla is for trying hard!

Ashley - welcome to our corner of the boards! Ooh does your mum train you? That's cool! Yay! for great lessons! What a good boy Sebastian is, sounds like he was very brave at the show.

Holly - Wow... so you can post here while you're at work now?! Of course only when it's quiet..but still.

Anyway, it's Easter Monday here, the last day of a 4 day weekend which I didn't have because I was working. Oh and being a 4 day weekend it is obviously a good time for the pony that never loses shoes to do just that, that was friday night. Now he is shoeless until tomorrow when we can call the farrier to see when he can come.

So instead in my lesson tomorrow I get to ride a different horse... I haven't seriously ridden another horse in.. a really long time... so we'll see how that goes. The one I'm going to ride is the new guy I told you guys about before, he doesn't appear to know as much as Lightning, but *apparently* he was a competing dressage horse a few owners back, he's definitely lost some of that training since then, but oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

[ 03-24-2008, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

oops, forgot ashley!

ashley: glad to hear sebastian was such a superstar at his first outing [smile] That's great. keep up with it and he won't be fazed when it's really time to work!

lightning: bummer...don't they always do that! have fun on your other lesson horse! it'll be kinda neat. it's fun riding other horses every once in awhile. and maybe, you'll learn something and be able to take it over to lightning. bummer you had to work. and yes, i can post and play online if it's slow enough. i just spent 2 hours doing controlled drug inventory too so i think i'm entitled to a bit of playing [Wink] hee hee. the bossman calls it "pony ****" everytime his wife looks for horses to buy. hee hee. guess that's what i do too sometimes!

anyways...have a good day! i'm sooo close to being off duty and going home and sleeping [smile]

holly

I am a slacker...I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend!! It is a little chilly here, but not too bad.

Holly-Ahg, I used to have migranes, but it has been a few years. Now, I still get a few tension headaches.

Boo-I am not a great boarder, I am very picky. I always tell everyone I have the best barn manager and she does everything how I like it:-) HAHAHHA!

Vegas-Enjoy your Spring break-I need a spring break!!!

Shelly-I loved the video...the commentary was pretty funny:-) Any lessons from the new trainer yet?

Okay, I know I am forgetting people, but my dogs are driving me crazy because they are ready for their run. I started back to lessons on Shelby on Friday and she is doing great...I am so out of shape. I have been riding Beckham a lot too...so I should be back in shape soon! AHG!!!

HOLLY THIS IS FOR YOU

I made a post on another board so Im just copying it, but your thoughts would help so much!

Ok.. so my little dog Sassy is well... neurotic. She has an insane attachment to my step dad and even if he goes away for a few hours, her stomach gets REALLY upset, she vomits stomach acid, and CONSTANTLY licks herself (nervous habit I guess). The vets have never prescribed her anything to help with this.

Well on Thursday morning, my step dad and mother left (will be home tonight) so I was left tending to the critters. When my step dad is home, I rarely see the dogs (2 of them and they are attached to his hip like shadows) but since Im taking care of them, I noticed that Sassy had a sore on her right side near her rear.

Shes always had that red stuff on her fur from her tears and on her belly. I know you can buy that Angel Eyes stuff (have been telling my parents for like.. 6 months about it) but had the understanding it was moreso a "looks" thing than it being harmful to their health.

Well her rear and tail and all had this same red stain. And then when I saw the sore, I first called my parents and informed them that she needs to go to the vet as soon as they get back so we can find out what this is (she got it once before and the vet said it was a "hot spot" but I cant remember what the treatment was).

So anyways, I take her out to the barn, hose that area off, use iodine shampoo to clean it, and then take the clippers to her. She has VERY long, VERY fluffy fur and it gets matted very easily (plus she is constantly licking herself and getting it even more matted).

So now that I have it all shaved in that area, I can see its not just one spot that has a sore. Its like her whole rear end and behind her hindlegs are very pink and have little scabs on them.

To keep her from licking them even more so I can put antibiotic on it, I made a "satalite dish" for her. We used to have one but I cant find it.

Yes.. this is what you can do with paper plates, scissors, and electric tape...

-

This is on the left side of her hindend, near the tail

-

Under her tail, around the anus

-

Showing the top of the tail and part of the right side

-

Right side.. this area was almost empty of hair which is what I noticed at first.. and I can see spots where its starting to get infected.. kind of a greenish hue

-

So obviously shes going to the vet, but do you guys see anything that Im missing? Its not a chemical reaction or a plant or bugs. This has happened before and from what I can tell, its b/c shes constantly licking it but maybe shes licking it b/c its irritated? Not sure.

Poor Sassy Dog. [Frown]

shantel: you crack me up!!! that's a very sexy e-collar you've made!! does it work? hee hee. anyways.... it looks like it's hot spots from what i can tell. Though.. near her booty you would have to worry about perianal fistula's etc. but...it really looks like a hotspot.

you did good! shaving the fur is key. the fur traps the moisture from the licking and then it causes the skin to stay moist. so keeping the fur off is key. your vet will also prescribe a spray with an antibiotic in it to help cure it. usually they have an antiseptic/cleaning and a bit of a drying effect too.

it's most likely due to allergies...or nerves. your vet can also talk about behavior modification meds and exercises to help. you can't just put them on meds without doing some behavior help. the other thing though is allergies. make sure she's on year round flea control. also, maybe try a different diet. if she's been on chicken based food, try beet, or lamb and rice, etc. or even the sensitive skin. you may even have to go to prescription food. and..it only works if she doesn't get any snacks or treats!! so those are a few things to try. then your vet can also talk to you about benadryl or other anti-histamines to help control the symptoms.

she's cute! good luck with her. like i said, you did a good job [smile]

okay..

beckham: glad it's warming up a bit and your'e getting some riding in. i really really need to start running but i just can't get myself to do it. one of these days...

okay... i that's all i remember. back ot work!

Boocoo- glad you got confirmation into the rec show! Hope Beau feels better after his chiro! With the way the real estate is this year you should look for a place....low low interest rates too!

Shantel- glad to hear your had a good ride! Awh poor puppy that looks painful. LOL her "cone" is very unique! oh man that's way too funny.

Holly- oh no! That's not good about throwing up!! YIKES....you're not preggie are you?!?! Hope you had a good Easter. I'll have to get a pic of my pikeur....i was told I look pretty hott in it LMAO. how can one look hott in it? i was like eh?

Lightning- wait what? no more info? huh i'm all confused

Megan- good luck with your exams! School sucks. I'm ready for the season to start as well....just hope that my ponyboy isn't broken

Sorry that's all I can remember....not much new going on here. I haven't ridden since last Tuesday. Went to ride today and Scotch pulled a shoe...so I just did a lunge and he was a bit stiff. Luckily I gave my farrier a call and his day was all nutsy so he came out like within an hour and put it back on. He's my hero [big Grin]

So hhopefully tomorrow...will go out and lunge that other pony as well...then go to school. ugh

Well, I had my lesson last night...I hadn't ridden in what felt like FOREVER (three and a half months). I got to ride a 17h gelding who is schooling Grand Prix (he has competed through I1 or I2, not sure which). It was a lot of fun and great to be back on a horse, I have missed it so much!! I will now have lessons every Tuesday until I purchase a horse, and then will be back to riding 5 days a week.

I also took my drivers test today, and passed, so I am now a licensed driver which is very exciting. However I didn't drive anywhere today, because of all things its SNOWING. It started around 4pm, and the roads and ground are now covered. It also snowed lightly the first official day of Spring. We have been having such weird weather. It's stopped for now but is supposed to start again later tonight and get down into the 20's. Depending on the conditions tomorrow, we'll have a late start or school will be cancelled.

Hope everyone had a good day! [smile]

Congratulations Luv on getting your drivers license and riding again. My new BO won't be able to even walk on her leg with a walking cast for 3 months, let alone ride. And she is a GP level rider and trainer! She is really bummed.

I am enjoying being there and splitting barn chores with the other boarder.

But, I like you Fleck, miss seeing my horse 24/7. And I like you Beckham, hate boarding. 14 barns in 4 years, that ought to tell ya something! I have never left anywhere on bad terms till this last place though, and what she did, or I should say didn't do for Beau, was unacceptable. So good riddance. I am tired of people that lack common sense and can't take care of my horse the way I ask them to. What am I paying all the big bucks for board for then, I want to know? It's an awful lot of $$ to get poor care. So...... back to hunting for a place. We went and looked at a real nice house tonight, but the barn sucks! And I need a nice barn cause we are going to board horses ourselves. So, we will keep on looking.

Luv, congratulations on the license! The real trick to driving in snow is to take it slow. It is easy to get a false sense of confidence and get going a bit too fast, only to find that you cannot turn or stop in time. Especially in a four wheel drive. Snow I'll deal with, but I prefer not to drive when roads are icy!

Speaking of icy roads... We are getting sleet this morning. Fortunately, it's not quite cold enough to freeze hard. Instead, we have a slushy mess that isn't too horribly slick. Yet. Hopefully it melts or gets cleared before I need to leave school this afternoon.

I'm officially showing over fences on Sunday. Woohoo! It will be my first time in a couple of years. I hope to have pictures of me and Eli early next week. We'll see just how small I look on him! At least my torso is long enough for the tall horses, even if my legs aren't. [smile]

Boo, I've been dreaming of winning the lottery and building my own dream barn. Plenty of space for me, a few horses, and a few friends and their horses. After sharing space with other boarders who don't know how to share arena space, I keep dreaming of an invitation only barn where *I* make the rules and decide who stays (or doesn't!). I can see it now.... Jackpot Farms! [big Grin]

Ah well, back to reading for today's classes. Have a good day, all.

Tracy

Luv, whoa. I must have missed something. I know I haven't been active over here much, but what happened, darling? Either way, congrats on getting back in the saddle and doing so well. Another congrats for being able to drive all by yourself. Since March 17th I've had the ability to go test for it, but my parents want to take Behind the Wheel lessons with my classroom instructor. The waiting list is loonnnggg....

Update to everyone: Dressage is going very well. I don't know when I last updated everyone but trainer and I are very pleased on where Spectrum and I are. I love riding again and I love working on things and improving and such. Our last lesson was a over two weeks ago, just between traveling to Spain for spring vacation, weather and the way my lease days fall in a bloc at the end of the week. Today, for example, is one of my lease days, but I've got National Honors Society Induction tonight and between that and Chemistry I didn't have time. [Frown] Things are really hectic around here but we manage.

We had our first ride together after my spring break yesterday and Spec was a good boy. We rode in a close-contact and boy, did it feel weird! It took me quite a while for figure out how to ride in it again, which is probably why the first twenty minutes of our ride weren't too pretty. The ride ended up being okay but I was wishing for my dressage saddle back like nothing other. If I get to ride tomorrow after job training and manage to get out on Saturday (I lack a legal driver), its totally dressage.

How is everyone?

howdy!

lauren: HECK NO!!! i better not be pregnant [smile] although speaking of babies... mike said that when i get the CC paid off, i can get my appy baby [smile] which will probably take about 2 years. oh well. it's still out there! he said it, no take backs [smile] i would LOVE to see you in your pikeur. maybe you can start a new fad...oh, wait! aren't they already doing that? hee hee. anyways... glad scotchy has his shoe back on.

mckenzie: yay!! i bet it felt wild riding such a big horse after riding teddy for so long!! how is teddy? did they ever figure out his lameness stuff? anyways...glad you are back to riding. how's the horse shopping coming? CONGRATS on passing your test. that's awesome. ha ha!! you got snow!?! i laid out in my bathing suit today in 78 degree weather and got SUNBURNED!!! crazy heh!?

boocoo: wow! i didn't realize it was that many barns!! yeah... it is soooo great to have them at home. though...you do miss having people to ride with, having nice rings, not having to be the one to always be fixing stuff, company, not having to get a petsitter when you go out of town, and.. did i mention the nice ring and jumps!! but i still wouldn't trade it.

tracy: Good luck at your show!!! you're gonna have a blast. i'm glad you're planning on pics already cause i wouldn't let you live it down if you didn't get pics! jackpot farms! i love it. i think actually that in college in one of my ag classes we had to build a barn and that's what we named ours [Wink]

dobby; Whooo spain!!! how very very cool! glad to hear you and spec are doing well. it is hard flipping back and forth between saddles! mostly stirrup length!

so... yeah, like i said.. today i finished up the fencing...should have gotten pics. i will soon. and then i laid out!!! yep, and got SUNBURNED a litle bit! oh, and i had my temporary crown put in. my dentist did a great job. it didn't hurt at all! well... i think the suction thingy (so you don't drown on your own spit) gave my tongue a hicky! hee hee. it freakin' HURTS. like a blister...or a hicky! how embarassing! oh well. hopefully it'll feel better tomorrow. So since my mouth was all numb i treated myself to a Dunkin Donuts Berry Pomegranite fruit slushy thing. OMG!!!! they are soooooooooo yummy! so yummy that i got a second one after dinner [Wink] hee hee. the running starts tomorrow!!! but yeah... i actually rode today too. it was a good ride. which is good cause yesterday was an awful ride. i just get so frustrated when i change something that's hard for me and fleck, but doesn't work immediately. well, duh! but yeah... so today was better. we even played with the prelim dressage test which had 10 meter canter circles and we managed to make them sorta decent. also got the reinback worked on and some counter canter. good stuff. we didn't ride for long though. after yesterday's 1.15 minute ride with multiple episodes of me losing my cool, i decided that 30 minutes today were good. we ended on a good note and it was soo hot. I've got a busy week off but exciting. tomorrow is a dressage lesson with karen, then saturday i'm volunteering at the CT show down the street. kinda sad i'm not riding, but...oh well. it's okay cause... i'm getting awfully sick of riding the first level tests and not riding them fantastically. so...we need to FIX our dressage before i head back to those. and...the XC fences are stuff that i'm going to jump in my lesson on monday anyways. and i'll get alot more out of it in my lesson than showing. So...whooo hoo. oh, and then Sunday i've got a clinic with lellie ward..XC. so that's exciting. and then tuesday i'm supposed to go stadium jump with a friend. yep... i'm stepping it up with the jumping. it'll keep me and fleck happy while we fix our kinks in dressage AND!! we really need it for doing training. my goal is to really really work on things...show training rec. again at the end of may and NOT get eliminated...and then try to do the T3D in spring of next year. and if i don't get to ride much because of the weather and we're not ready, then we'll do it in the fall. so yeah... anyways... i'm chatty tonight, aren't i?!

okay...off to finish burning my c'ds of my rides.

have a great weekend everyone!!

McKenzie- That's great you have the opportunity to ride a schoolmaster! I'm jealous! Any leads on another horse yet? YAY for driving liscense. Watch out McKenzie's on the road. [Wink] J/K Probably a smart decision not to drive in the snow when you are such young driver. I would tackle the roads when it's just starting to snow to introduce yourself into that stuff. Before you know it you'll be a car bombing pro.

Boocoo- I know how you feel. It can be very frusterating boarding. When I first moved down here I looked and looked and looked at barns. I was very anxious/nervous moving Scotch to a barn as the barn he was at up home I was the barn manager. So this was stepping into a whole new world for me. Luckily my current barn manager is GREAT. She'll do anything for my ponyboy. The only qualm I have about this barn is that they indoor footing needs to be redone. But then again so doesn't every other barn's footing. Hope you and your hubby can find a property! Very exciting.

Tracy- Good luck at your show! CAn't wait to hear how it goes.

Dobby- That's great news about your dressage! Did you enjoy Spain? I agree it can be tough flipping back and forth between saddles. But then again I love both of my saddles...so it doesn't matter to me.

Holly- LMAO ok so not pregnant. OOO an appy baby that would be awesome. I was looking at babies online the other day...I think that is going to be the only way I can afford to buy another horse. I have a bad feeling that Scotch won't be able to jump. I'll make sure I get pics @ my next show stylin in my new jacket. HAHA. Omg you are right ppl are wearing like hunt coats and boots these days. whacky. Ouch crown tooth...makes me think of how I have to get a WHOLE new tooth. ugh. I love DD too. Never had that kind of smoothie though. Great to hear that you'll have some wonderful rides. Lellie Ward awesome!!! Get pics and let me know all about it.

Lets see for me...Scotch was great yesterday. He felt so much better than he did on Tuesday. I'm crossing all I've got that he stays sound for this season. I'm dying to show this year as we really missed last year. I haven't had a lesson in about 3 weeks...I'm too broke to do a lesson every week. Trying to save my pennies. So instead I'm doing randomly clinics until I can afford to take lessons once a week. I'm riding with Scott Hassler next Monday! WOOHOO! And then have his clinic at the end of April. Then a rec dressage show on May 4th. So I'm getting pumped...not to pumped...in case he breaks again. Oh yes started working with one of the new projects...cute little halflinger mare. She's a pretty good girl but is a bit anxious especially at the canter...so currently we are working on W/T and being more responsive/relaxed before we start on the cnater. Jeremy and I are back together. [smile] So this week has been a lot better than my entire month. Whew. Well have to get ready for work. Have a great day all!

lauren: congrats on getting back together with jeremy! that's a good thing right?! must have been that HOTT coat [Wink] glad that scotch is feeling good. i'll keep my stuff crossed too! whoo hoo. so... isn't it MORE expensive to clinic than lesson? i only pay $30-$60 for a lesson but a clinic is like $100 plus...though i guess if you space it out enough... it would be cheaper. cool!! its' nice too when you can repeat clinics...lellie is going to come every 3 months or something like that so i'll sorta get to know her.

anyways.. had a GREAT lesson today!!! until we hit that right lead canter. ugh... i swear!! i just don't know what to do... but karen gave me a plan, so we'll see. i think my right arm is going to fall off after today though....jeepers!! that horse was PULLING with all his 1500 lbs of head on my right arm and STILL we couldn't bend! i really do worry that there is something funky in his pelvis area. he keeps his tail to the right, he won't use that right hind as well, and... today karen said he was almost leaning his haunches in but then throwing his feet out... it was wierd... so we'll see. i have him chiro'ed already, but...maybe another massage? or maybe i'll check with my farrier to see if he thinks there is anything he can do. anyways....

have a good night!

don't forget to leave your lights off tomorrow night!! for earth hour [smile]

Tracy, I like the name Jackpot Farms. That is waaay cool. I hope you get to have a farm called that some day and definitely make the rules! [big Grin]

3day, I'm so glad you found a great place for Scotch. They are really very hard to find. I boarded at some places when I was a kid that were really cool. I think a lot of my issues with boarding now is that Beau needs to be taken care of a certain way, and nobody will follow my directions! [bang Head]

Fleck, I can honestly say that all the years I had my horses at home, I did not miss riding with other people. I figured I can do that when I go to shows! [Wink] Even having boarders, I did not have to ride with them. I rode when they weren't there. My hubby and I prefer to be the ones to fix things, then we know it's done right! I am not meant to be a boarder. I had my horses at home for waaaay to many years. This just flat out stinks!

We are looking at a very nice place that already has a nice barn, lighted dressage arena and fabulous turn out pastures. We are waiting for our Realtor to get home from out of town, so we can make an offer. Say some prayers for us that it works out!!

Boocoo: Hahaha you sound just like me. I am not exactly the world's best boarder...I mean it's not like I'm bad or anything - I follow all the rules and I'm very respectful, it's just that I have certain expectations for them to be taking care of my horse and doing it correctly, like having her fed according to my directions, and not putting hay in a hay rack when she's allergic, or making sure she gets turned out or that her water buckets are full OR HOW ABOUT NOT FEEDING MOLDY HAY TO MY HORSE WITH ALLERGIES!!! Sorry, in case you can't tell the barns at school did a few things to make me really mad [Mad] But I am really lucky that I can keep my babies at the parentals where I control everything and call Dad if I just can't get my sorry butt out of bed on Saturday morning to go feed! So yeah, if I were you I would definitely be looking for a place of my own!

McKenzie: WOOHOO!! Congratulations! It's always nice to have your freedom! But WA has the graduated licensing laws too don't they? Here we refer to it as the probation. But whatever, in retrospect I think it's a good idea - 16 year olds being responsible for 3,000 lbs of moving metal? Yeeeahhhh. The fewer distractions the better. That's great that you got to ride that horse! And how's the shopping going? Any good prospects? Not that I'm in any more of a loop than you are, but if I hear of anything that might be good, I'll be sure to let you know assuming you'd be willing to come down to this area to look...

Holly: What's all this talk about babies?! I think I missed something here for sure! I think the only scarier than you in charge of a human offspring is me in that situation - egads!!! Wow girl you've got a busy week ahead of you for sure! So much jumping, I'm way jealous! I soooo want to get out and do some XC, but the weather insists on still being bad...and then there's that little fact that I don't have an eventer to ride...yeah...

I think that's everyone...

So today Dad and I went down to the NW equine expo...it was nice to spend some time just me and him and it was fun to look at all the vendors and big name reps from Nutrena and Purina and LMF and all that stuff. We looked at a lot of horses too and let me just say that Dad sure has learned a lot over the past three years about horses - he was telling me about how this horse was built like this and that horse was more like that and how this stallion looked nice and on and on and on. I'm just so proud! [Me Cry]

Oh I get to move again too. The house we're in right now is owned by my uncle, and we were going to stay there till his mother in law sold her house and moved into it since it's just around the corner from his place. Well. She sold her house. So now we're looking for an apartment. It is really hard to find a three bedroom apartment in this town that's in our price range and not next to meth tweakers...but then I feel guilty moving into a three bedroom and then maybe moving out in a month or so if I get this working student position...but we decided on a two bedroom anyway because it's a lot cheaper and two of us will just share.

Speaking of the working student thing...I have to bring that up with Dad today or tomorrow or sometime...I really would like to take that position if they offer it to me. I also have a resume in at an eventing farm in the area, but I don't know if they have any positions, I just sent it in for good measure. I'd take either one in a heartbeat, even if it meant giving up eventing for a year...And I think I realized why that would be so hard for me - it's because I'm afraid that it would mean that Vegas would not get as far as I want her to go in her life, but that's not what's important - I mean I want her to do well and it would be great if she made it to preliminary sometime in her life, but that's not what matters to her. What she wants is just to have a job and to keep eventing and to just keep being my baby. And she always will be. I just wanted her to prove to everyone else that she could be everything that everyone else said that she couldn't be. But she doesn't have to prove herself anymore because she's already proved herself to me.

Anyway, way to get off topic. Regardless, I'd love to spend the year at either place, and either way I'm not going wrong, I just hope Dad will let me do it. He's still stuck on the if you don't go to college then you have nothing train, and while I definitely see his point...if I do this apprenticeship and opportunities open for me to have the job I've always wanted with horses, then what do I need college for? I mean, maybe I'd still finish my degree with night classes or online or something...I just don't know if I'd go back to being a full time student after that. We'll see - I could end up not getting it and being a full time student for a long time still!

Geez, Holly and I are in the same chatty boat today! Gotta run - time to feed the horses, maybe ride a little and then go home to dinner.

Boocoo - Thanks, it felt great to get back on a horse. I really hope I can find a suitable horse to purchase soon, riding once a week isn't enough!! Wow, that's awful about your BO's situation. The house/barn you've found sounds super, I'll be praying it works out!!

Tracy - Thank you, it is very exciting!! I don't feel ready to drive in snow yet, especially icey roads like you mentioned. We've been having such odd weather, it's been snowing lightly on and on off, and it's been in the 30's and 40's consistently. Good luck at the show!! Hope we get to see pictures [smile]

dobby - I've been gone for awhile too...well, at least not posting consistently. Since January I haven't really ridden. We were having soundness issues with Teddy, and the lease ended and he returned to his owner's home. On Tues. the 25th (of March) I took a lesson with Kari McClain. That was my first ride in about three and a half months. I am now taking weekly lessons there, and I am still horse shopping until I find a suitable horse to purchase. Driving is fun, it's nice having that freedom. Hope you can get into some classes soon!! That's great your dressage is really taking off. You sound super busy too. I know how that is, it can be hard juggling everything at once. How long is your Spring break? Mine's from April 5th to the 12th.

Holly - It did feel weird riding a 17h Swedish WB, compared to a barely 14.3h QH/Arab!! It was really good to be back riding, even if it's only once a week for now. I haven't talked/emailed with Teddy's owner recently, but I think he is sound, and there was someone who was potentially going to ride him for her. I already love having my license...course I canont legally drive anyone who is not immediate family or over the age of 23 until I have had my license for 6 months, but I can get around on my own which is great. I am SO jealous of your weather, I would kill to at least have it be 60 degrees!! I thought I had found a few horses that sounded good, but I got some more info and turns out they won't work. I have one more horse I need to contact the seller about, so we'll see where that goes. I am looking at lots of sites, posting wanted ads, and I have people looking for me too, so hopefully something will turn up soon. Hope your clinic goes/went well!!

Lauren - Thanks [smile] I am excited to be able to ride an upper level horse, they are such great teachers. Haha yeah...no snow driving for me yet!! Glad Scotch is going well for you, thats wonderful. And way cool about the Scott Hassler clinic, thats really exciting!!

Megan - Yeah, I think that's whats it called...lol. I cannot drive anyone who is not immediate family, or who isn't over the age of 23 until I've had my current license for six months. After that, if I have had no violations/other issues, then I can have up to 3 people in my car. I think that lasts another 6 months, and then again if I've had no violations, my restrictions are gone. Is that the deal in Oregon? I had a few good leads on horses, but after getting more info, they weren't going to work...I found one WB mare that is really close to me that sounds promising, so I'm going to get some more info, and hopefully try her out. Depending on the horse I would definitely be willing to go to your area/Oregon to try out horses. The more eyes I have looking, the better!! The Expo sounds fun, and I'd be proud too about your dad, that's cute. I really hope the working student situation goes over with your dad and works out, I think it'd be a great opporunity. Keep us updated! And good luck with moving!!

The horse shopping continues...it can be both a fun and frustrating process. I just want to buy something!! But at the same time, I do *not* want to be rash about it, and make a mistake. Hopefully I'll find something soon, or even a lease situation until I find a horse to actually purchase.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Luv, you will find a horse soon. You are smart to take your time and find the right horse. Sometimes it does take a while, but patience is a virtue!!

Vegas, I'm glad you got to spend some time w/ your Dad. That is always a great way to spend the day!

I decided to go ahead and take Beau over to my trainers for a while. She is going to ride him 5 to 6 days a week and I will be riding him too! [Eek!] I will ride him 3 to 4 days a week. She will only ride him about 30 min. in the a.m. and I will ride him only 30 min. in the p.m. I was there for a workshop today and just ended up leaving him there. The place I had moved him to has an arena with footing like concrete and we all know Beau can not handle that. I had a lesson on Thurs. at my trainers and he was awesome, then I rode him Fri. back at his barn and he was awful, like telling me "NO" i can't do it in this footing. So today I am back at my trainers for a workshop and he is totally awesome again, so I knew it was the footing. I also felt like I was in the other lady that boards there's "space" ya know what I mean? Like she really resented me being there. So I just decided he'd benefit from being at my trainers while we are in the process of trying to buy a place. Plus he likes it over there.

I am beat. Going to bed now!

Just popping in real quick!

Boocoo- yeh I'm very fortunate. But sadly the owner's put the place up for sale...so we are looking at other places. UGH no luck at all. How cool that you left him at your trainers. I can't wait to hear how your progress goes with him!

Megan-good luck with the moving. Hope you get the position. Keep us updated!

McKenzie- It might take you a little while. I searched for about 2 years until I found Remy. But the way the horse market is...you'll get a great deal on a nice horse in prob a short amount of time. Good luck and keep searching. too bad you weren't over in this neck of the woods as I know a few lovely dressage mounts.

Holly- Yes I good thing! We are taking things slow this time around. Yeh it's sort of cheaper. HUM good point. It depends on who I clinic with. I really really like Scott H. and am willing to dish out the bigger bucks for him. I haven't had a lesson in awhile b/c I'm riding with him on the 7th...and then on the 26th. So my April is shot. I might fit a lesson in or two in depending on my monies. AH! That is great that Lellie is coming over that often. SO how'd the clinic go????

Last night I had a fabulous ride on Scotch. He was SO sound! It was great! But then disaster struck go figure. so I was just about to walk him into the barn and he goes bolting forward out of the blue...hooves hit the concrete in his mad dash. Yup you got it he wiped out. Fell on his slide and frantically tried to get up. I was like *** . This happened in literally 30 seconds. So I was like easy easy and he finally got himself up and was shaking sooo hard. I have never ever seen a horse shake like that before. It wasn't quivering...it was like a baby crying and shaking. I felt so bad! so I went over and patted him and all that jazz. Gave him a few sugar cubes and my BM came flying out of the other barn and was like what happened. The thing is there was 2 other people standing there when it all occured and no one really knew. It was sooo odd...but I'm thinking it was the shadows and sun glinting off this piece of metal and it must have spooked him? Gave him a gram of bute last night and went out later today to see how he was. Didn't ride just went for a walk and jogged him. He seemed ok... *crosses fingers* I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Also today I went down to Hilltop Farm in MD to audit/volunteer the Adult Series with Jane Savoie WOW! That place is AMAZING! and Jane is amazing! Very insightful and what a great teacher she is. Very cool to watch her talk and coach. She seems very down to earth and also talked to the audience after each ride. She was way cool! There was this Oldenburg that was quite lovely and learned some interesting tips on halfpasses and straightening exercises for flying changes. She really really emphazied the training scale! Way cool!

Then the owner's daughter took me and one of my friends for a tour of the facility. I got to meet all their stallions! Especially Riverman and Parabol! What a great farm! Met some of Chris Hickey's mounts too! So that was my exciting weekend!

Okay, I am going to take a stab at this:-)

Lauren-That sucks about Scotch wiping out...Winston did that one time too. I am sure he will be fine since he isn't showing anything yet. That is so awesome you got to meet the stallions at Hilltop! I know several Parabol babies and would love to see him. One of my trainers goes to Scott H's a lot and I would LOVE to ride with him too!

Boo-Any word on that farm today? We have the farm, just no house on it! We have actually started meeting with builders and reviewing house plans. So stressful! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Holly-Did you survive all of those lessons this weekend??? WOW! I thought I was busy! I had 2 lessons and thought I would die. How did it all go?

McKenzie-Any prospects out there you may go look at? It must suck, but horse hunting can be exciting. Keep us posted!!!

Tracy-I love Jackpot Farms! Our farm name is Daily Grind Farm...had to incorporate my love of coffee!

So, I have gotten more riding in on Beckham...his lessons will start in a few weeks. I had to lessons on Shelby this weekend that went awesome! I have never felt collection like this before. I decided to come into the 21st century and bought myself a camcorder to record my lessons since everything is getting so technical now that I can't remember it all. I want to have DVD's to go back to and review. We also discussed our show plans this year and looks like we will finish her lead changes this summer too.

Okay, well, I need to go work Beckham between thunderstorms!!

boocoo: Yeah..it is nice to have my ring to myself and all, but...at the same time, i do miss riding with people sometimes too. i guess mostly for jumping. dressage is hard and it's nice to have the place to yourself, but jumping is more fun with other people! and it's nice to sometimes have some extra eyes to catch things. but yeah...i guess too with a trailer i can always go ride with friends! good luck house hunting! and yeah.. i was the pain in the butt boarder. i always kept my stuff clean and picked up and was polite, but... my horse had to have special feed, corn oil in her feed, supplements, happy hoof hay instead of regular hay, etc! and...my old barn used to run the horses in. they had the pastures set up to just open one gate at a time and let the two horses run into their stalls. and they always laughed that with everyone else you could stand in the way and stop them...but not with Roany. She was the only horse that WOULD run you over if you got between her and her feed. oops! okay...wow! another move??? is beau staying there until you find a house? are you still doing barn chores for the other lady? i'm so confused!!

megan: hee hee. no worries. no offspring for me!! nope..heck, i'd get spayed if i could. but now appy babies..yes! and i found my stallion. I LOVE this guys babies...check him out at www.confettifarms.com i'll breed a TB type mare to Butterwaps Confetti and get my sport horse baby. I SOOOOOO Would have bought Spiced Hot Chocolate, who would have been renamed SPOT immediately! i'm sooo mad she sold him for that price. i really would have like....hooked on the corner for that guy! J/K...kinda sorta! oooh, you're going to be even more jealous cause i had another XC lesson today!! granted it was still cold here, but atleast it's rideable! more info down below. cool! keep us posted on what happens with the working student thing. i don't know though...call me old fashioned, but i'm still a firm believer in getting a college education. so... i may have to side with your dad. course there is nothing wrong with taking a year off to do the horse thing (that's still an education) and then going back to college. or even doing the online college thing. i just think you need something to fall back on. but... you'll figure it out. just don't stress too much in the meantime!

mckenzie: good luck with the shopping. i always thought it sounded fun, cause my horses just kinda fell into my lap, but...maybe not so much! good luck though. how come you don't ride teddy again? or not something you want to get into. i'm okay with not knowing why! just curious. [smile] that's probably a good thing about being on probation driving. it's hard to get the hang of. i had two wrecks my first year! doh! you'll get the hang of it quick though.

lauren: yeah...if you can clinic consistently it's a good plan! i found out that lellie comes once a month, so...$100 a month is alot of my budget but... i think it might be worth it. and it depends on the trainers you have around so...don't mind me. you know what you're doing [smile] oh no!!! i hope the scotchy boy stays sound after his fall. sounds like a fleck fall! heee hee. poor pony boy. you might want to invest in some bubble wrap! lots of it!!! glad you had a good ride before though atleast! let us know how he feels. oooh, i've heard Jane is great. and Riverman.....droolings!!!! he's lovely!

beckham: good luck with the house building. i can imagine that would be super stressful, though i would love to do that one day. my house is great but a few things drive me nuts. hee hee. yeah, i survived...though barely!! atleast for the lellie lesson. it was great though... OOOOHHH, i love that farm name!! i love the funny ones. I've seen "almosta farm" and "fat chance farm" and some other good ones. We're "Sweet Spot Farm" cause of the spots! it was more like us than "in the spotlight" farms. or something like that. oooh, i bet it's sooo cool getting to ride shelby! neato! can't wait to see some video. I should have some exciting video in the next day or two. hopefully! Stay dry and unelectrocuted!

okay...so my update! it was a busy week...

Wed was my first day off so i rode dressage and had that horrid ride. Then Thursday was a much happier and better dressage ride. So then Friday i had my lesson with karen and THANK GOODNESS!!! she totally helped me out. i got stuck on the thing i learned in my last clinic and thought that i had to do it that way and only that way, but..karen pointed out that fleck was naughty and i had to correct his naughtyness (ie...popping that outside shoulder) and eventually we could do it the proper way. but for now... close to proper was okay!

okay... i have to mention this... on the banner to my right is some company with these CRAZY bellboots. like..floral, turqouise paisley, floral... they're crazy!!! is anyone else seeing them! can you just imagine...FLECK WOULD DIE!!!!

okay..so yeah. anyways... it totally made me feel so much better and i quit panicking and managed to get one of our nicest rides!! fleck was actually STRAIGHT and it helped him lift up through his back. until we went right...our bad side. did i type this already? anyways... it was bad!! but karen gave me some tips for fixing it, so..we'll manage. then saturday he got the day off and i volunteered at the show down the street. sorta wished i had shown, but oh well. it did storm pretty bad when i would have been riding, so i was glad to be under a tent..sorta! anyways..then sunday was the clinic with lellie. And... rather than type it all out again and bore you guys...here's the link for the long version

http://members.horsecity.com/fleckenawesome

short version..she worked our BUTTS and BRAINS OFF!!! poor fleck was so flabbergasted! but it was good. i felt like she helped us out alot and it was what i needed. I was looking for a lesson that left me exhausted but ready for more afterwards and that's what it was. We got maybe one or two 5 minute breaks the whole hour and 15 minutes maybe... and the rest of the time was work! My arms were sore, my legs were sore, my brain was sore. and fleck was just exhausted mentally too!

which...i think it really helped us though because today i had my XC lesson at the place that had the show. The jumps were still all up so i did the training level course in pieces and some of the prelim jumps too. it was FUN!! this coach is a complete opposite of lellie. Ann is very positive and all about making it happy and easy on the horse. lellie is a much more "go straight for the jugular" kinda person. But...both worked well for us. So today fleck was AWESOME!!! i think he was just so grateful that he didn't have to do that shoulder thing! hee hee. poor pony. He was even showing off today! So we jumped great and WOW!!! he was totally soft and listening and rocking back on his haunches. i had such control of his shoulders ( i think due to yesterday!). i told ann that he actually listened to me and when i let go of the reins a bit he didn't immediately try to go on the forehand and i didn't know what to do!! he was SOOOOO GOOD!! and then it was funny cause we did the up bank and i sat a bit too much and landed on his back so he went off bucking. well then he decided it was fun and after every jump combo he had a little "spree"!. but it was all in good fun so i let him enjoy it a bit. i'll have video soon, like i said. But yep, i was a very proud momma. He totally did this big open log oxer thingy and totally just lopped on over the ditches! he looked and adjusted his stride but didn't hesitate at all!!!!! WHOOO HOOO. and then he even did the drop into water and then even a JUMP into water!!! it was awesome. i'm soooo proud.

so yeah...tomorrow is jumping stadium down the street with a friend, then wed is dressage here again and then thurs he gets the day off. hopefully i'll ride fri and sunday and then he'll have the rest of the week off cause of work until wed [smile]

anyways...thanks for listening to all that! i'll try to get the video up soon to show you how silly he was!

hope everyone else had as fun of a weekend and monday!!

3day, hope Scotch is alright. That is always scary when a horse wipes out. Beau did that last spring in his pasture and slammed full force into the stall panel. He actually moved it over 2 ft. He was not ok either, had a bruised diaphram and some other issues from it, but he recovered just fine. At the time he fell he was really, really scared and shaking. I stayed with him and rubbed him and loved on him for about two hours that night. He is such a baby. I bet Scotch is just fine. Good luck on finding a new barn and waaaay cool seeing Jane Savoie. I would love to audit her sometime.

Beckham, we are waiting for our realtor to get home from out of town and then we are submitting an offer!

Fleck, sounds like you and Fleck are coming along really well. I did not see any crazy bell boot? Beau is staying at my trainers till we buy this place and move in. Probably early June. She is going to ride him for me, which will really help both of us out so much and I of course will continue to ride and take lessons. I am not doing barn chores at the other place anymore. Turns out the other boarder was wanting to do it all and really resentful of me being there. So I just moved on. I couldn't ride in her arena anyway, so I was starting to stress out about it anyway. I didn't want to leave her hanging and then I decided Beau's welfare is at stake and that's why I left the other place, so we went and ahead and moved to my trainers. I am very excited about her riding him for me for a while.

I have my rated show this weekend and I am not to happy with the judge situation. Maybe I"m being anal, I don't know, but I am riding both my tests for a small "r" judge. I never saw a small "r" on the show bill and I much prefer to show for an "S" judge. They said they pulled in the "r" to judge some of the lower level tests as it's more economical. [Duh] So I am not happy but will make the best of it and try to stick with rated shows that just have "S" judges in the future. Sure didn't ever have this problem in California.

[ 03-31-2008, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]