Sign in to follow this  
KrazyTBMare

Dressage Chit Chat Thread! Volume 20!!!

Holly - [ROTFL] Pony **** [ROTFL] Naughty Holly getting sunburned, tsk tsk. Teehee a hickey from the suction so you don't drown thing, hehehe. Ooooh appy baby!!!!

Shantel - Awww poor pup. I hope she feels better soon! *snicker* Love the construction effort, good job!

Lauren - hehehe, I'm sorry I confused you. I meant more information about the ponies you've got. Yay for a sound Scotch ride, but poor pony, he sounds all shook up after his little fall.

McKenzie - Yay! I bet it felt good to be riding again! Congratulations on passing your test, that's great. Good for you, not rushing in to buy a horse! The perfect one will turn up and you'll be glad you waited for him or her.

Boocoo - Wow! 14 barns in 4 years! Quite an achievement. My fingers are crossed for this place, it sounds lovely!

Tracy - Good luck at the show!

Dobby - Wow Spain! Very exciting!

Megan - Awwww yay for Megan's dad! [Razz]

Anyway, last week I ended up not riding the new guy, but riding a little, fat marey pony, it was fun, different, rewarding and a huge confidence boost. Buuuut nothing compares to the Lightning Man [Wink]

The farrier came and put his shoe back on and we're good to go again. Rode Sunday morning bright and early. Have I ever told you how much I love riding early, so fresh and peaceful. He was really good and really confident.

Today I had another lesson, back on my boy, I'm really proud of the improvement we've made and hopefully continue to make in these lessons. Now it feels like we're heading in the right direction. I thought I'd share a picture of the goober in question [Razz]

-

In other news Possum the bunny had a little problemo last week. We found him peeing blood [Eek!][Frown] rushed him off to the vets, got antibiotics for a UTI and the blood appeared to disappear. Then he stopped drinking properly.... back to the vets for fluids and now all seems to be alright *touch wood*. We have to collect a sample to test for blood, so hopefully thats clear. This little bunny is a worry, I tell ya....

Hope you all have a great day/night/whatever time it is there!

Ok I promise I will get caught back up.. but just wanted to post some photos of my seshy poneykins from today...

-

-

Just thought this was nice.. she looks very happy!

-

And yes, this is what her canter lengthening feels like!

-

And just because.. can we say classic TB head?

-

Megan is a bad chit-chatter, but that's okay - I'm way too busy to keep up with this all the time.

I'm taking 17 credits this term, which is absolutely insane. I only have two goals though - the short term one is to not drop any of those credits before the end of the add/drop period. Long term is to maintain a 3.75 GPA for the semester...we'll see about that one...

Ponies are good - I'm taking them into the vet this week for spring vaccines and while there I'm gonna have Dr Gerros check Vegas over and make sure that my hypothesis of her being completely healed up is correct.

Macy is doing good, but it's definitely time to start doing some more regular ground work with her. Dad and I are looking at some used round pens to get because we reeeaaaallllyyyy need one for this baby!

I've scheduled my first event for the season in May - the 24-25 which is the weekend before my birthday (I'm gonna be TWENTY!!!!) so the parentals are taking me up there and paying the entry fees as my present...awww, thanks Dad's Checkbook....That's pretty nice of him too since he just had carpal tunnel surgery on Friday and he's having face surgery today - they're removing a giant mucoseal in one of his sinues, but before they can get to that they have to fix his severely deviated septum first. In fact, he should be going under right about now....oh taking care of the big baby is going to be fun...

Other than that things are going good, new development in the working student ordeal but I posted a new thread about that. Suffice it to say, you are all right, as usual.

Gotta run though, don't wanna be late for my Equine Industries class!!

[ 04-08-2008, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Vegas Sky ]

I'm a bad chit chatter as well

Megan- glad things worked out for you! Can't wait to hear about how your event goes.

Um college sucks...work is ok...but ponyboy is great! I had a lesson on him w/ Scott Hassler yesterday first lesson in a long time like almost 2 months. And Scotch was fabulous!! At the end we even started on simple changes and walk canter canter walk trans. It was a blast! Can't wait to ride w/ Scott again! Which is actually coming up in a few weeks in a clinic.

I also jumpd scotch last week. Holy batman its been over a year since he has seen a jump and he was GREAT! A bit rushy towards the fence the first few times b/c he was so excited to jump! But I was so happy with him!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Riding has been inconsistent lately due to that lovely spring break to Spain and my brand new job and schoolwork. Despite all of this, pony has been putting on a good effort, although we aren't having the lightbulb rides we were having before spring break. It seems like both pony and and I are a little distracted!

Besides that, I'm wishing everyone an excellent week. I don't think I'll get to read everyone's updates though. For myself, my birthday was yesterday. Against all odds I had hoped for a certain grey pony, which wasn't to be, but I got a beautiful horseshoe/Carribean bracelet.

Oh, and I found an Arabian filly online that I want. She is just too cute and flashy. She is also has the same facial markings that ponyboy most likely had when he was just a wee little one, and the filly is also greying out. Obsession, maybe? Bah. Too bad she was $6,000! [Eek!] I don't think my paycheck will be covering that type of horse anytime soon, much less any kind of horse!

Just dropping by to say hey. Read everyone's posts up to now, but my brain's mush and there's no way I'll be able to do many personals.

Boo--I hate boarding but it's really the only way to go for us right now. I liked having Pokey home with me, looking out my kitchen window and seeing him having a relaxing afternoon with CK, his former roommate. I can completely relate. Owning more than just a half-acre is my dream...but life's a bit complicated at the moment.

DH is still not doing well, and there's still no real light at the end of this long tunnel for him. He sees another neurologist on Monday, she's both psych & neuro board certified, so maybe there's some hope there. More ER visits last week (2 altogether, one by paramedics), and more new meds...it's been a long tough haul for him. And for me too.

School's started again with a vengeance. Lots of reading, but a midterm and final exam, which I would prefer more paper-writing personally. Oh well, I gotta keep trudging onward, get this MBA and move on.

My boys are great. Pokey had a local show with his 9 year old rider, and she took home all the blues in her classes (hunter u/s, english pleasure and hunter hack). She was so proud...and Pokey's such a good guy. She's going to her first dressage show with him in August, and I found out that there's another little girl who wants to show him dressage too...he's just glad to have a job, and for him it's cake.

Jag's still mine, and the assistant trainer who wants to buy him took her horse to the show on Sunday, and won a championship on him...let's hope someone will buy him (he's a big palomino appy, very pretty) cuz he really needs to be gone.

Ah well, that's the way the mop flops, I guess. I'll check in again when I get a spare moment or two..in the meantime, stay dry and good riding to everyone.

DQ

DQ: sorry, i'm too lazy to spell it out....post pics of your palo app please!!!!

sorry... guys, my brain is too fried to even try to reply....

let's just leave it at end of work week, migraine, haven't slept since 4 pm yesterday and it's now 7:30 pm today... high on hydrocodone...but i had a GREAT RIDE!!!

[smile]

Holly--he's on dreamhorse, his name is Zipped Gold, and I know there's a picture of him on there if you want to see him. He's big and pretty...he loves to jump too.

awww, he's cute, but it's hard to tell in the thumbnail.

anyways... not going to even try to read... but... jingle/pray/cross your fingers for fleckers...

he colicked yesterday morning.. not bad, but. he's got an impaction. and was fine all day, but then painful again this am, so... it is making it's way through and it close to being in the exit chute so to speak, so... keep your fingers crossed. he's being such a good boy, but he's soooo mad at me for not feeding him. sulking and ignoring me...then occasionally he'll love on me to try and convince me, but then it's back to ignoring me. [Frown]

so think happy thoughts please!

thanks!

I've read everyone's posts, just no time to reply right now! I've been a bad chit-chatter lately!

I am going to look at a horse on Sunday, cross your fingers he's "the one"!!

Holly - Oh no! I'll send you and Fleck some hugs and healing thoughts. Hope is okay, keep us updated [Huggy]

Aww Holly thats awful. Come on Fleck, poop it out! [Wink]

Just popping in.. its been really busy at work and with the horses as of late. I am getting ready to hit the road with Layla, Jill, and Mingo and head down to Canterbury and get ready for our show tomorrow where we are debuting 1st level.

Send lots of good luck wishes please!! Ill update when I can!

Hey DQ, I am a bit confused, do you own the palomino appy, or is he the asst. trainers? Hope you get Jag sold soon.

Holly, hope Fleck is ok.

Luv, let us know how the test drive goes?

I think I told you all I had to move Beau again! There was no freakin way I could keep him where i had moved him. The arena footing is like concrete and he started loosing his confidence and building up resistance after only 2 ride in that crap. I took him over to my trainers and put him in full training! [Eek!] She rode him 6 times this week and I rode him 3 times!! She does not over do it with him and I am not asking for a lot right now either. One thing I can say, I should have dones this a loooooong time ago. He is incredible. LIght, soft, up over his back, very responsive to the aids and he is only going to get better from here on out. He will be there about 2 or 3 months. By then we will have bought a place and I will be taking him home with me. I swear I will never board again!!

Off to take the DH out for his b.day dinner.

Shantel - Weeee go Layla, she looks great! Good luck! You'll do great!

Megan - hope your Dad is a good patient, that can't be very fun at all.

Tag - Yay! You have to keep us updated on your showing adventures.

Lauren - Aww yay! Sounds like Scotch is doing good!

Dobby - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

DQ - Ahaha that's the way the mop flops... Love it! [ROTFL] Sorry to hear DH isn't doing too well [Angel] .

Holly - [Frown] Aww no poor Fleck!

McKenzie - Good luck with the horse shopping!

Boo - Yay! That's great that Beau is going so well! He's lucky to have an owner so dedicated to finding the best place for him.

Well...Possum has recovered, Lightning is fantabulous and I love that pony so much [big Grin] It's so much fun when it all clicks, suffice to say I am having much fun riding lately. My next lesson I'm going to ride the horse I was going to ride the other week... then ride the Boy after [Razz] It shall be interesting...

Anyway I'm off to work. Have a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Too busy to reply to everyone right now, but Holly I hope Fleck is feeling better. He should talk to Vegas the Colic Queen - four times in three years. Yep...

Okay so a day in the life of Megan (sounds like a good movie title eh?) 6am up and in the shower 7am downstairs feed the ponies eat breakfast leave for school by 730 then in class by 8 and there till 1 or 220 depending on the day, try to get all my homework done in breaks between classes home by 3pm put on the running shoes pump out six or seven miles on the sidewalks get home by 430 tack up Vegas and ride 6pm feed the ponies and barn chores 730 pm back in the house change eat dinner 8pm do homework till 11pm bedtime!!

See why I have no time to be a chit-chatter? The weekends are even better - Every alternate Saturday is either Pony Club or barn cleaning day, respectively. I also pound out my serious mileage runs on Saturdays - upwards of ten miles. Then I get to do various other chores and work around the property. Sunday I have the day off and so do the ponies so I usually catch up on all my reading homework...

Man, I haven't been this busy in a long time, but I'm really enjoying it! My type-A personality really thrives on go-go-go kinda lifestyles. Vegas is doing great! We went in for spring vaccines and a re-check on Wednesday, and she passed with flying colors! So she's back in work, but severely out of shape - we've got a lot of work to do before May's HT! Macy is doing great too - she is really getting fat though, I'm gonna have to cut back on her grain again! I don't have much time to work her, but we'll have a round pen up by summer that I can use.

You may ask why I'm running so much. Two words: Portland Marathon. That's right baby, October 5, 2008 I'm running a freaking marathon!!! I started running again just to get back in shape, but I love it so much that I decided what the hey, I've got six months before then, I'll just do it! Sure my patellar tendonitis came back with a terrible vengeance after three weeks of intense training, but I've got lodine and icyhot - bring it on baby! I'm really excited for it - my legs are gonna be so sexy by swimsuit season...

The position with Meika in Seattle didn't work out - a mutual agreement that we were both looking for different things, but that's okay. I've got a foot in the door with John Camlin of Caber farm. He's closer too - halfway between here and Seattle, only about two and a half hours. I sent him a resume a few weeks ago - he's full up on working students right now, but he said that he'll keep me in mind for the next opening and that he wants to meet me sometime. So that's pretty exciting. Until then, I'm just gonna chill out here and stay in school and work this summer and go to a lot of shows.

Yesterday and today were really nice - sunny and almost 80! So yesterday Vegas and I went on a celebratory you're-in-good-health-trail-ride. It was lovely, and for the first real ride in 7+ weeks, she was positively fantastic! We'll still make our first level debut this summer.

Oh, after a few visits to the cardiologist, we may have finally pinned down my heart problem. And it's not really a heart problem at all. It's called dysautonomia, a malfunction of the autonomic nervous system. The autonomic nervous system is in charge of all sorts of fun stuff like breathing, heart rate, blood pressure, hunger, fight-or-flight response, and basically everything else that's involuntary. So my autonomic nervous system, for one reason or another basically doesn't have any idea what's it's doing. That's why sometimes my blood pressure spikes or drops randomly, my heart rate spikes or drops, I forget to breathe sometimes (heehee, oops [big Grin] or I get random panic attacks. My biggest problem with that whole thing though is Neurocardiogenic Syncope - basically for a variety of reasons all my blood pools in my legs and none goes to my brain so I get really dizzy or pass out. The best treatment for that is the as much salt as you can possibly eat and 3 or four liters of water a day diet. That helps to increase your blood volume so that you don't pass out as much. The only problem? I don't really like salt.

Wow I just wrote a novel! Time to go longe the Vegas then feed, so ta-ta for now!

yay!!! the fleckers is finally feeling better it seems!! only....6 days later!!

so yeah... basically he colicked thurs am, was impacted, still impacted friday, not on sunday but still ouchy and painful, so i finally started him on tums and that seemed to do the trick. so now his ulcergard is here and he should be back to normal. just in time for my work week, so... he gets the week off. which is fine...he was sick a week, he can have a week off. though i may be tempted to lightly trail ride on friday and/or sunday [smile] we'll see how he's feeling.

thanks for thinking of us.

oh, and last night my dog freaked my out by doing some weird back flip thing...turns out he was constipated too, so...yeah... it's been fun.

thanks!!!

megan: glad you got it figured out! hopefully you'll start to like salt [smile] good luck on your marathon!

holly

Glad Fleck is ok Holly. Hope your dog is too. Our dog had 5 seizures in 24 hours a couple of weeks ago. It was horrible. This was after he was put on thyroid medicine, then his dosage was increased and 4 days later that happened. Hasn't happened since!

We finally bought a place!!!!! An absolutely gorgeous place. A lovely house on 4 acres, all fenced. Has a pole barn which will do for now, till we can build a barn. Plenty of room for a full size dressage arena also. I am pysched!!! [Yay][Jump][Yay][Jump]

Congratulations on the new place, Boo! Holly, I'm glad Fleck is feeling better.

The semester is winding down, and not a minute too soon. Even if I *do* still need to find a job for the summer. I'm almost two-thirds of the way through law school. I will be so glad to be done.

I need to get back into the gym on a regular basis. I haven't gained back too much weight, but I find that the antidepressant is not working as well as it did when I got regular exercise. Getting back into the gym is cheaper than the copay necessary to see a psychiatrist! And hey, my riding will benefit if I'm more fit too. [smile]

There's not too much going on here. Today may be a sad day for the trainer, though. Her 25yo dependable school pony will probably be retired after this weekend. Squire is starting to show his age, and just not holding up to regular riding anymore. He took a little girl into a lead line class this morning. That's probably the most he can handle anymore. [Frown] The trainer was given the pony when he was 2, and they really grew up together in a lot of ways. Hopefully he'll stay comfortably pasture sound for awhile yet. It will kill her when it's Squire's time to cross the rainbow bridge.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Tracy

congrats boocoo. sounds great!

i need to desperately do some work on my arena. it's getting washed away!!! and the rock is sneaking back up. argh...

tracy: poor squire... but he may live a long time being a pasture pony [smile] good luck with the last bit of school.

Tracy, I'm with you on the need to exercise. It really does make you feel better mentally too!

We are having another workshop at my trainers barn tomorrow. I am not riding in it though, just going to audit. Decided not to ride him in the schooling show today or the workshop tomorrow, because my trainer has only been riding him a couple of weeks now. I ride him about 3 times a week and she is riding him 6 times a week! Sounds like a lot, but they are not heavy duty hard work outs. She is teaching him to really stretch down and relax up over his top line, then I just follow through and keep my own riding tuned up. He is in incredible shape and can certainly handle it. So my next show will not be till the rated show in a couple of weeks. And that one is local, so will be nice and convenient.

Welcome, Chief. Please introduce yourself!

Will someone please come kick my in the rear. I'm having a hard time getting ANYTHING productive done. Workout? Nope. Homework? Only the minimum. Cleaning? Nope. Laundry? Nope. And the folks will be in town later this week. I think I have a couple late cleaning and laundry nights coming up!

After talking with Mom last night, I think I am going to find a psychiatrist to work with. Something needs to be adjusted. Yes, working out will help. But I'm not sure I'm at the best dose of meds just yet, and I probably need an expert to help me figure that out.

Fun news from the barn... A pony mare bought at auction last July was just confirmed pregnant and close enough to foaling to put straw down in the stall. Current owners did NOT breed her, and we're not sure if the people who brought her to the auction knew she was bred or not. So before too long, we'll have a baby Angelica running around. Heaven only knows who or what daddy is though... Hopefully baby isn't too scary. Especially since there was no reason to think the mare was preggers until recently. She is a bit on the stocky side and just looked like a chubby pony until recently. The vet is out this weekend for spring shots, but it's possible the owners will call him in earlier. If nothing else, we need to find out if there is still time to vaccinate mama or if it is too late. There's also a one month old solid bred paint baby on the property, so hopefully the youngsters can play together once they are old enough to wean away from their dams.

Have a good week! Enjoy spring while it's here.

Tracy

I'm a bad chit chatter. I'll have to respond to everyone later as I should be studying for a test. BLAH

Ponyboy just had accupunture this AM. pretty neat stuff to watch. He was ouchy in his SI area along w/ some points in his neck and on his 15th rib area. WOW he was twitching when she attached it all to the electronic thingy. Way cool! After that was done and what not he was not reactive at all. yay! So Scott Hassler clinic this weekend! Keep your fingers cross that my ponyboy is feeling better. He was a bit stiff in his shoulders yesterday [Frown]

I only have 2 weeks of school left! woohoo! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Megan - Oooh a marathon, you're braver than I LOL. Yay for good weather. I'm sure you'll find the perfect WS position soon! That's great news they have a diagnosis and a treatment!

Holly - Yay Fleck is feeling better. Aww poor pup, he's better now though right?

Boo - Oh yay!!!! Congratulations! It sounds awesome.

Tracy - Aww poor Squire, I hope he is very happy as a pasture puff, and remains that way for a long time. Aww a baby lol.... a SURPRISE baby. You have to get pictures of whatever it turns out to be!

Chief - Welcome! Tell us a bit about yourself and jump right on in!

Lauren - Woohoo! 2 weeks left!!! Aw hope Scotch feels good for the clinic!

It's raining here... has been for the past week. I'm supposed to have a lesson this afternoon but we'll see. I put The Boy's new rug on, on Sunday, ahaha, he looks so funny. It hasn't molded to him yet and it's funny, his old one looked like a moo moo on him, but this ones like a straight out of the bag and still bent in funny ways moo moo [Razz] , but he's warm and dry and that's all that matters.

He had a chiro visit too so we'll see what has happened since the last one.

Hope everyone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

[ 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: O- -O Lightning Strikes Twice O- -O ]

Oh my... I have been SO bad about getting on here. I barely have enough time to relax after work.

I will try to catch up maybe this weekend.. Lord knows.

I had my First Level debut... got a 2nd and 1st in 1:2 and 1:1. Ill post more later. Layla was CRAZY... er KRAZY. Yeh.

I also got her cultured and ran a cytology and shes clean so next month shes def getting bred! [big Grin]

Tomorrow the dentist is coming. Hope everyone is doing well!

I have been a bad chatter too...just so busy and when I sit down I usually fall asleep:(

So Shelby is home from bootcamp and doing great. Beckham is showing he is ready to show at training level this year and his lessons start tomorrow.

We are also still meeting with builders about building a house this summer and that takes a lot of time as well. We have another appointment today...so I will catch up this weekend as I have all weekend off of work:-)

hee hee. we're all such losers....get some pretty weather and we all just disappear to go ride... no wait...that's how it SHOULD BE!!!!

although... hopefully the rest of you are getting nice weather too! it's a FREAKIN' GORGEOUS DAY today!!! seriously... blue sky, green grass, some clouds, light breeze, about 75 degrees, a little humid though...

anyways... just will leave a quick update than it's back outside to play [smile]

fleck did great my whole week of work and then my first day off... he freakin' colicked again! well... probably gas or ulcers.. he was really bad and dramatic about it. but... he was fine in 10 minutes, so... i'm continuing ulcergard (full tube which makes is gastrogard) and i'm adding in some U-7 i got as a free sample at AECs, and continued TUMS and baking soda, wetting his grain, etc... and he's doing great with it. so yay!! yesterday we trail rode which was fun. today i had a lesson cause he was fine this am...running and bucking even. and it was THE BEST LESSON!!!! seriously...fleck was incredible!!! So soft and supple and floating and straight and collected and easy... really a nice ride. i'm so excited [smile]

no pics though.. even though i splurged and bought a navy dressage pad (well, it was on sale for $16 so i didn't really splurge, but considering i've spent $275 in ulcergard and $360 in vet bills... and had just paid my $310 entry fee for the show at the end of the month...)...

anyways.. XC schooling on sunday so i'll definitely have pics for that [smile]

holly

Holly, papaya will help if he has ulcers. And instead of treating with U7 and Ulcerguard and all that, you can treat with Zantac 150mg. Its approx 20 pills of the 150mg ones for every 1000lbs. And you can dose up to 3 times a day. I did this with Layla and wow. Great results. My vet actually treats ulcers (as long as they are not really bad) with Raniditine (sp) which is Zantac and you can gauge if he really has ulcers by seeing if he responds to the Zantac in a few days. [smile]

Im so exhausted from work this week. Normally we would do like $15-18k a week in production right? Well this week we did like $24-28k. And thats with ONE dentist, ONE hygienist, and TWO assistants. In only 3.5 months we have produced almost $400k of work. Yeh...

Ive got lots to share though horsey related. Im going to go work in the barn and muster up the energy to post.. maybe tomorrow.... [smile]

shantel: thanks...but... i really really don't think that the other stuff works for acute ulcers. the ranitidine is helpful, and so is TUMS every 2 HOURS!!! but there really hasn't been anything proven to treat ulcers...prevent them yes, but not treat. atleast not with studies.... although i'm sure some horses respond well to other stuff. Right now i found ulcergard for @26.50 a tube, so i'm just giving the whole tube, which makes it gastrogard. He's also getting TUMS before anything stressful and meals, and... i do have ranititidne, but..havne't been using it cause it's hard to get him to eat the pills. the ulcergard is omeprazole, which i can buy in bulk tablets, but it ends up being more expensive that way! so...oh, and the U-7 was a free sample i got [smile] i'm not even 100% sure he has ulcers, but.... i'm not going to chance it. he recovered from his colic and then a week later (after i dropped the dose of the ulcergard to half!) he became WAY MORE PAINFUL!!! so i'm thinking it's either that or gas....so we're doing the baking soda thing too. i hadn't heard about papaya's....oh, yes, i did... but i think papaya's are sorta pricey too [Wink]

anyways...thanks for your help, but... i'm thinking that i've got to treat the ulcers with gastrogard since it's proven and then go from there.

[smile]

Holly - Tell Fleck to keep his tummy thoughts away from my mare!! She colicked too!!!! It was just teeny tiny, but yeah...she's had enough to deal with as it is.

Okay so like no time to update - Like I said, Vegas colicked Monday but it wasn't bad. Seeing as this is the fifth time she's done it since I've had her, we're pretty used to it. I think she just gets gas or spasms or something randomly. It might be ulcers too so she's on tummy medicine.

School is insane, but in actuality not all that bad for a 17 credit term. It's just school on top of riding and running and everything else that gets so hectic. I may switch to riding Vegas in the evenings and doing homework in the afternoons, but I really hate doing homework right after I get home from school [Me Cry]

I have a prep clinic for my PC rating next weekend, so getting Vegas back in shape has been my top priority. Luckily this colic was so mild that we only had two days off. Longed yesterday and today is a light ride.

I'm running my first 10K race Saturday morning up in Portland, so that will be fun. If it's nice enough I'll come home and do some trot/slow canter sets in the vineyard.

I hardly have any time to do anything else - I haven't done laundry in a week and I haven't unpacked any of my stuff from moving home. But that's okay, it might as well stay packed - I'm definitely looking for the next train out of town, whether that be a WS position...or I'm thinking of transferring to Colorado State next year. I don't know too much about the school, but it's far away but still not too far, and I hear they're one of the best in the nation. So we'll see.

Oh and this is really sad.. My little kitty Tater-tot is lost!!!! I put her outside Monday morning before school and I haven't seen her since!! I checked at the shelter yesterday but she wasn't there, so as soon as I turn off the computer I'm gonna go check with all our neighbors to see if she's around and put up signs. It's so sad, I miss my little kitty! I just want her to come home [Me Cry]