Sign in to follow this  
tarafreespirit

PICS. Trainers in PA pg 2

Hi, i would like to get more into Dressage with my Arab And Well id like to know what u think of him and if u think he can do low level Dressage?

Thank-you

here he is in english tack

-

--

-

Western

-

[ 03-22-2008, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: tarafreespirit ]

What a cute little guy!

Of course he would excell at dressage, arabs definetely hold their own in the dressage world! Any horse can do lower level dressage, but I am sure you could have him going higher with a good instructor:-)

Good Luck!

Wow I think he looks really great. He would make a great prospect for a dressage horse. I agree with NikkiS any horse can do lower level dressage and arabs do great at it. My trainer has arabs that she still shows and she also does lots of dressage lessons with them and they do great. Good luck with dressage training and finding a good trainer will go along way. Let us know how it goes. Have fun.

Thank-you Piaffe !

I really am interested and motivated!

Another Question. His Registered Name is Count Vanity. Not Sure if i like it? What do u think?

Would it be wrong to have a different Show Name?

Any other Advice? [big Grin]

Any horse (sound of course!) can do lower level dressage. It really, really, really helps to have an instructor in order to make sure you build up knowledge, technique, traning and muscles properly. I would highly recommend consistent lessons (even every other week can be very consistent!).

From one person who recently started "real" dressage to another, a word of advice: Patience! [Razz] But it is totally worth it.

P.S.--I lease a 15-16 year old Arabian gelding. We recently started dressage. Neither one of us had previous dressage training. And lo and behold, two months later, what a change! I'm a better rider. Spec is embracing his inner dressage pony. Actually, I've discovered that even when NOT on the bit, he is a better mover. All of that training and muscling goes a long, long way. [Wink]

Consistency. Patience. And a good trainer! Good luck!

Count Vanity is a great name ... change it if you want, but I like it.

It looks like you have a great friend there and he should do well in dressage. As others have said, find the best instructor your can to guide you both along your way.

And don't give up your other activities with CV! Variety is the spice of life, and all those many things you do with him will make him a happy, healthy, very rideable horse.

You have a PM (Private Message.)

That is a good name especially for Arab shows! There are several 'Counts' out there...he would fit right in. And at the open shows...there's nothing better than your little arab beating out a warmblood [Yay] My mare did just that, and they were none too happy about it- [Razz]

As previsously stated, a good trainer is key.

When you are just starting out, forget how his head looks and about getting him "on the bit". You want to focus on how he feels (i.e. round vs. hollow). Ride back to front and it'll all fall into place. Good luck and I personally love Arabians as dressage horses, they look so flashy.

[big Grin]

def. we had 3 arab lesson horses at my barn 3 arabs that are owned sepretly and 1 half arab half oldenburg they are all amazing except mine but even shes not aweful just mean

Thanks a bunch StopdropRoll! [Huggy] I will deff. remeber not to worry about how his head looks in the begining and try to feel if he is using his body correctly:smileywavey:

BlitzKeesha- How is Angel? Got any recent pics of her? Thanks for the advice. [Huggy]

quote:

Originally posted by ilovedobby:

I'm in S.E. PA so I can't help you there but Horse of Delaware Valley and Equine Marketer might have ads by barns, trainers, instructors, etc.

Sorry to hijacl the thread.

If you are in SE PA. I'll take a recommendation. My current trainer is out due to SO medical problems. So I am looking for someone to fill the gap until she is back?

How long are you willing to haul? I know of a couple that were to far away for me, but they maybe closer to you.Let me rack my brain to see if I can remember the name.